The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group

4 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group

Post  smaug Wed Jul 06 2011, 09:13

"The Tesla coils are useless, and unless Silver Sentinel has suddenly developed fine control of his power to rewind the coil thousands of times to a hairs breadth of thickness....

"Hang on hang on 'tesla coils' okay I'm guessing your not talking about the spring in my mattress. Let 'tactical nuclear missle' go over my head because as a rule of thumb at the moment if its got a fancy name its pretty much out to kill us, am I right? Just remember what year this is okay chaps and envolve me again when you speak english or want something blown up" Steve said as he turned away unblinking at the constant talk of technological possiblities.

OOC: Everyone continues untill present post

IC: "Er....excuse me gentlemen, 'projectors' like a cinema right? Well rather than infuriating Jerry and maybe making him fight harder for his country what about using your acting skills (OOC: Pointing at anyman) to impersonate Hilter and give them false orders" he questioned looking around at the others with blank looks.

"Okay here me out. Tell the Nazis the war is over, or whatever it takes to get them to retreat so we can get are boys safely home, search for any men that have been cut off and then dig in closer to those bastards give us a better tacial advantage without even a shot fired?

............well what do you think? I know its not very 'me' but plan B is. One of us stays behind in the ship using the projector cinema thingy to copy images of the ship, thosands of them and meet them head on while we all attack one side, probably the side closest to the beach like Anyman said and blow the crap outta them. They'll never knew what hit them? He added removing another cigarette from his case and tapping the end agaisnt it.

"And hey if you cant pick who to fly the ship on the sucide run, show me how to fly the bucket of bolts and I'll do it, I'll fly it right at them" The man didnt even blink as he finished the sentence, he just staired right through them but you could see the anger in his eyes as his right eye just twiched a little

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 06 2011, 12:58

smaug wrote:"Okay here me out. Tell the Nazis the war is over, or whatever it takes to get them to retreat...One of us stays behind in the ship using the projector cinema thingy to copy images of the ship, thosands of them and meet them head on while we all attack one side

OOC:

Ok Paul looks like we've got loads of ideas spinning out of this:

IC:

Frostbite held out his hand as his summarised what has been offered so far:

"i) including attacking via propaganda on the radio.
ii) Attacking on one side with the ship?
iii) A possible suicide run blowing up the ship and detonating it at the same time.
iv) A possible side swipe invasion whilst distracting the enemy by popping up in their camps and even industrial centres.
v) A possible infiltration of camps to get further information and find out about their plans.
vi) A possible jaunt to the science vessels above to steal the parts we need

Stop me if I've missed anything. I think the think is we can't do all of these things and more importantly some of these things are time sensitive.

We are limited in what we can do because the German front line will need quiet something to stop it, followed by German Supers who'll rush back to the Front Line, if they've not already got there.

Our priority is to protect the BEF getting back across, to do that we need to use the resources we've got most effectively. Right now that means, Anyman using the Radio to get something going and the P'utinrians for teleports, But we do need something for that front line. If we can cause confusion via the radio, I don't think it will be long term, as won't be any holographic display. Once the games up, the games up. Its keeping the game going that is going to be challenging.

I think therefore we hold of the doomsday scenario as a last resort, we only have one ship and we want to make sure if we do blow it up, we do it where its going to hurt the most. Right now, limping along that isn't going to happen. Besides if it went off here, it would cripple our own forces and limit what we can do by way of a counter attack, if the entire French Western board was nuked by a Alien Space Ship."

OOC:

Ok having written all that, it sounded better coming from Frostbite. Anyway reviewing the options I think we have to go with: i) iv) and v) as the main areas we can tackle right now and then try and find another way to break this open.

I think in addition the ship, since its limited in speed and capacity ought to hang back to defend the weaker areas of retreat, its still got weapons and the chance of causing mayhem by beaming things about the place. Frostbot can deal with that.

I think if we can get the P'untinarians to help then our goal is to get out teleporting about and making mayhem before we can get clobbered. Wouldn't it be great if we all dressed up like Anyman as well! That would cause mayhem to, surely.

Meanwhile I think we'll contact Wynn, let him know what is happening and find out what he thinks or if he can offer any other help.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 06 2011, 21:28

The Vanguard

OOC If you guys want to decide on a definite plan, and who is doing what, we'll take things from there. I understand it's kind of 'open' but I'd rather that than you guys feel like you're being led by the nose. For instance if you want to go back to Berlin, fine, persuade neutral countries to fight, again fine. Everything we do from this adventure on is our version of World War II, and every now and again (with players consent) I will 'hop' in time, listing major events that happened and describing how the Vanguard were involved, so we're not playing out the war day by day. There'll be different theatres, missions, setbacks, triumphs etc, and I hope, a surprise or two along the way.

"General Wynn? Can you hear me?" asked Frostbite. The Dark Powered Vanguardians in attendance (Frosty, Anyman, Silver Sentinel) could all hear the reply.

'I'm here Joe. Good to hear your voice. Reports are patchy, but it seems you've given the Nazis a bloody nose! Tell Lance that all the intel lines are clogged with the hunt for the 'insidious Anyman' and that the surviving members of Hitlers cabinet will be announcing something shortly, on what to do about the British 'Ubermensch' Menace. The French are in a mess. Their army is crumbling. The efforts to get the BEF off the beaches are the priority, but our new Prime Minister is worried, despite his pretty speeches, and I think he's making contingency plans should the BEF be smashed, which would leave Britain defenceless. Obviously, it's our job to ensure that's not the case. To that end DICE has been given the highest authority to advance our super soldier project, and I'm not bloody happy about it! Slobbie has been picking recruits as best as he can, and I will start empowering them today. I'll do as many as I can before this ticker starts to complain, but I don't mind saying it's dangerous! One bad egg and we're in a world of hurt! One blessing is that the P'utinarians aren't working with the Nazis any more, so unless they have any other shape changers, we should stay below the radar here at Bletchley. Once the new lot are outfitted, catalogued and briefed, they'll be hung out to dry, like the rest of the Justiciars and you lot were.'

The bitterness in his 'voice' is quite clear. He was convinced the Justiciars weren't ready for front line duty, and the casualty rate from the first day appeared to bear this out.

'Listen... Joe, Steve, Lance. I know what you're fighting inside. I know the price that must be paid. I can't call on the power, but I have this ability to change others instead. You fellas are out there in the muck, blood and mess, and I know the temptation to unleash the force is great. Hold on! If you have no other choice then so be it, but I have a nasty feeling that once our secret weapon is out of the bag, the game will change. For better or worse, I don't know. For starters the bloody Yanks are still sat on their arses whilst ours is being kicked, but Roosevelt is a good egg. Churchill has made deals with him, because they don't want to see us goose stepping to Hitlers tune any more than we want to. Problem is, if they don't get into the game soon... it might be all over before they can join in! Good luck! More later...'

OOC I'm going to knock out 7 more Justiciars. They have 3 power slots, stats are 45 points to assign with no more than 16 in one stat. Dex is a useless stat in this game, so I will figure something out with that. The point of telling you this is if you guys want to turn out a couple of characters apiece, be my guest. If not, no problem, I'll knock 'em out in the next day. Will keep an eye on what the group decides and how the roster will be split. If you do want to make a couple of Justiciars apiece, just PM me with the details (see the 'Notable Information thread' for character layout. Here's an example:

Spiderweb
Harry Burns, male, late teens
Powers: Speed, Agility, Wall Crawling
Notes: Cocky, joker, feels a need to impress and justify his place in the team. Uses wrist mounted hand guns that fire a variety of munitions. Carries experimental compacted 'net bombs' that explode and cover the target in strands of sticky web glue that slow them down.
KILLED IN ACTION - whilst on a mission in Berlin by a Shadow Demon agent.

If you give the character a reasonably strong weakness or limitation, I'd probably ok an extra power slot. For instance Anchor has 'on' or 'off' with his powers and weighs 1 ton when his powers are 'on' which makes things tricky. That sort of thing would give an extra grade to play with. Anyway, that's your call. I'll turn out any additional characters required to make up to the 7.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 07 2011, 07:02

The Vanguard

OOC:

As regards to what is happening, having outlined the proposals I/Frostbite is saying we go for:

i) including attacking via propaganda on the radio.
iv) A possible side swipe invasion (this depends on the second part which is getting the P'utinarians to help us with teleporting of course) whilst distracting the enemy by popping up in their camps and even industrial centres.
v) A possible infiltration of camps to get further information and find out about their plans.

Unless we follow the priorities laid out we'll be all over the place. We are still a military unity and we have our orders. Wynn said, "Their army is crumbling. The efforts to get the BEF off the beaches are the priority," We're not free wheeling adventurers going and doing as we please.

Since its more difficult to attack them face on or side on, without their being some regard action to distract their supers, we'll end up being forced to use the dark power, so lets avoid the tight spots that make that more likely.

As regards the second idea, I've not got much time today, but if I get a chance I may have a go later. Thanks for the suggestion, maybe we can come up with some that can always be held in reserve anyway?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jul 07 2011, 11:20

OOC: SS doesnt really mind what the plan is although he isnt terribly good at stealth as you know he prefers going toe to toe in a straight fight.

He looks up to you guys and still feels way over his head with tec and generaly, feels like the 1900s have turned into a B movie almost over night so he just rolls with the punchs. Fighting Nazis is all he knows and not much has changed with that (all be it he now can form metal and blast plamsa out of his palms but you know what I mean) it brings his feet back on solid ground so to speak

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 07 2011, 12:26

The Vanguard

"Radio Propaganda is only going to work with folks who have radios, not the soldiers in the field" Anyman reminded the group. "Trying to fake messages from Hitler won't be easy or will even be impossible if we don't have the codes he would use to verify that the messages are from him. We get those code books, any of our intel chaps can fake messages and tie up their lines."

"I have no idea of the capabilities of this ship, you do. So figuring out its role is up to you. How many folks can it carry? Could it be better used in evacuating our folks instead of in a combat role? OR is using it to transport us hither and yon while we attack its best use?"

"So attacking their leadership at their HQs, killing them, and getting any and all codebooks and code machines should be a priority. Nazis aren't fleixble. It is a dictatorship. Cut off its head and the body doesn't know what to do. Sergeants would take over for our leaders if they died but theirs wouldn't dare."

ooc: Doesn't help to have the Enigma codebook if you don't have an Enigma machine to reproduce that code.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:53

The Vanguard

DavidMcMahon wrote:"So attacking their leadership at their HQs, killing them, and getting any and all codebooks and code machines should be a priority. Nazis aren't fleixble. It is a dictatorship. Cut off its head and the body doesn't know what to do. Sergeants would take over for our leaders if they died but theirs wouldn't dare."

ooc: Doesn't help to have the Enigma codebook if you don't have an Enigma machine to reproduce that code.

OOC: Arggghh too many options. Paralysed with indecision.

I think we're beginning to grind to a halt owing to the limitations of dialogue via a PBEM and that there are litterally loads of things we could do, but keeping the BEF safe is our priority. If we can fight in different places from behind the lines going as a group and striking then retreating, it might help the front slow down.

Ok so we can't use the radio. So we're left with doing what we do best which is infiltration via teleport and blasting everything in site (so Sentinel will be fine), whilst Anyman goes back under cover. If we can all dress like him, then so much the better.

I also like the idea of using the ship to transport people, not sure how effective it will be if its damaged though?

I'm just aware also if we go for a head to head, we'll end up under even more pressure to unleash the dark power, and we'll wipe out the whole of Northern Europe and have killed more people than the Nazi's ever would and open the door for the shadows to pour through. So I think we ought to avoid that which will push in that direction. Behind the scenes stealth is it and offering whatever assistance we can by using the ship to ferry people about seems best to me.

Ok Paul over to you, all this back and forth is hurting my head. Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:40

OOC I'll pore over the various to and fro messages and pick out what I consider to be your preferred team options. Just a few quick notes:

1) Jury rigging a stand alone projection machine is possible, but will take time. The Skrall technicians/Frostbot can get on it if required. Other than that, the Ship itself can project to a limited area 'as in take me to your leader!' style stuff with sound and vision.

2) Anyman is your stealth/sabotage 'go to' guy so he could create all sorts of confusion behind the lines. The rest of you are more 'straight up fighters' but it's chucking him back into the Lions den again...

3) Frosty (as leader of the overall group) could petition the BEF itself to lend a hand. So far they are sat about on the beach waiting to get the heck out of dodge.

4) The ship would be an effective means of transportation. It's pretty big. You'd be able to (squeezing them in like sardines) get a good 50-75 men per floor, so 250/time. Even with the tesla coils blown (bit of Star trek gobbledigook there...) it's still shifting along at several hundred miles an hour, about as quick as a Spitfire. Good enough to shuttle thousands of troops over the channel every hour. Longest time would be spent loading and unloading them.

5) A straight out attack on thousands of men will be largely ineffective, nibbling away at them whilst drowning in a hail of bullets and bombs! At some point you'll be dragged down through sheer weight of numbers and superhuman attention. Lightning strikes, flitting about here and there, slowing them down and nipping at their ankles might be a better way. I'm thinking from the point of view of what I'd do as a player. At some point the Nazi metahumans will turn it into a dragged out brawl. There are more of them than there are of you, mind.

I'll post tonight (as usual) with a reasonable size update if I can (up at 3.45 for work in morning) but will watch for any changes to the plan in the meantime.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:45

Admin wrote:OOC I'll pore over the various to and fro messages and pick out what I consider to be your preferred team options. Just a few quick notes:

Comments:

I like option 2,

2) Anyman is your stealth/sabotage 'go to' guy so he could create all sorts of confusion behind the lines. The rest of you are more 'straight up fighters' but it's chucking him back into the Lions den again...

Yes but its what he does best ;-)

3) Frosty (as leader of the overall group) could petition the BEF itself to lend a hand. So far they are sat about on the beach waiting to get the heck out of dodge.

No I think we go for ferrying them across the waters, I'm glad that came up as an option, I'd never have thought of it.

5) Lightning strikes, flitting about here and there, slowing them down and nipping at their ankles might be a better way.

Ok lets go with this for the rest of us, even if we can get the P'utinarian onboard with teleporting us, we could still dress up as Anyman and try and sow discord and confusion.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 07 2011, 18:53

Ok lets go with this for the rest of us, even if we can get the P'utinarian onboard with teleporting us, we could still dress up as Anyman and try and sow discord and confusion.

ooc: Yeah, how hard is it going to be to come up with trench coats, fedoras and head bandages? Very Happy

Even the women could dress up like that.

So it sounds like:

Anyman going after the various HQs behind the lines - taking out their leaders, grabbing codebooks and codemachines. with his new upgrade to Grade Two Strength, he can dish it out more than he can take it.
The rest doing lightning strikes against targets of opportunity -fuel dumps, ammo dumps, supply convoys.
Using the ship to ferry troops back to Englad, when possible.

And Anyman has actually had little if any contact with the P'utinarians, so he doesn't really know what's up with them. Somebody could clue him in about them and their current status. So they have more ships to help with the evacuation? Can they be talked into helping us? Is this something Anyman should try or Lionheart or someone else?

What about the ships in space? Who controls them? Anyman hasn't been clued in on them either. Are they against us or for us? Could we make them allies? Can we appeal for humanitarian aid in rescuing trapped soldiers, if nothing else?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 07 2011, 20:42

The Vanguard

"The P'utinarians were convinced to denounce the Nazis when the Vanguard, along with P'ertaria, one of the P'utinarians, obtained Lunarium and gave it to the shape shifting aliens. They voted, and decided to withdraw their people. The Nazis would not take rejection well, however, and when they find out* will surely seek to detain or dispose of the P'utinarians. This unit predicts many have gone to ground, posing as German civilians. Whilst they did not declare allegiance to the Allied cause, helping the Aliens escape the clutches of the Nazis would surely help tip them to our side." explained the Frostbot, who'd accompanied Lionheart, Frostbite, Silver Sentinel and P'ertaria on the mission **

*OOC The Nazis were tipped off by a P'utinarian traitor seeking to usurp P'ertarias father as head of the P'utinarian council.

**OOC As seen in the Vanguard Issue #2

"Their shuttles have been used as bases by the Nazis, and they operate a linked teleportation network between ships, able to instantaneously transport matter over distances of thousands of miles instantly. These will, one assumes, be used to full effect by the Nazis, though the one in the Faroe Islands was successfully should down."

"The Ships in space are operated by a variety of unknown Alien races who have allied themselves to the Nazi cause, presumably to gain access to the Lunarium on the moon. In it's raw state, the Lunarium is useful as fuel. Refined, the possibilities are infinite, from empowering individuals to creating super weapons to creating warp gates in space. All they lack is the know how. The Moon base is impregnable though, by all accounts, with a high concentration of Aliens and Nazi super agents manning it. The biggest concentration of Aliens appears to be the reptilian Skralls. They man this vessel with the drone like technician caste. The warrior caste are significantly larger and enhanced with cybernetic implants, though proved mostly ineffective against the Vanguard."

Spartan walked up to the group. "Been playing around with the machines on this vessel. We can fabricate new uniforms so as to look like you, Anyman. There are also life pods on this thing. With the correct trajectory, mapped by the computers, they can be used to jettison you from the vessel and propel you to a site of your choosing in Germany. We have considered filling them with explosives, but the pods were designed to be used in space and provide limited atmospheric propulsion for low weight occupants. Loading them up with heavy explosives would be ... ineffective."

"Ineffective?" said Hotshot "As in, blowing up before they left the ship?"

Spartan shrugged, then nodded. "We continue to study the ship. As it was a science vessel, there are many adaptable systems we can turn to our advantage. We just need time."

"Don't we all..." mumbled Hotshot.

Anchor growled "Shut ye're trap laddie. Ahm sick o ye're whinin'. We got a job tae do. Ah'm thinkin' we hunt out one o them giant robots an... say. There was reports of three weren't there? Two will be surrounded by thousands o troops an' superhumans an what not. We'll have tae fight tooth n nail tae get near it, prolly get our arses shot clean off. What about the third? Nab it, get yon robot tae plug himself in an' do whatever he said aboot them things. Com pewters, whatever, an' get it tae work fer us!"

Frostbite groaned. Another option! Still...

Anyman looked at the map. His alternative to using the escape pod was to commandeer a plane, or travel overland. Find German High Command, get in, steal all their secrets, impersonate the officers and sew confusion, assassinate all those he deemed dangerous, and get out alive, having dealt a crippling blow to the Nazi war effort. He thought about all that, then wondered what to do with his time for the rest of the week. The P'utinarians, if he could make contact, would certainly be an asset. Perhaps they had formed their own resistance movement, simply waiting for leadership?

Suddenly the sound of running feet had everyone turning. Boudicea, on the raised level of the bridge, called out. "Scans show the Nazis are on the move! We have an hour or two before they get to our position! They have air support too - hundreds of aircraft! And those two giant robots? Well, they're on their way, with who knows what else in tow!"

Guillotine moved to a console. "I'll alert the BEF to dig in. Once everyone has disembarked the robot shout coordinate rescue efforts using this ship."

"You go with them, Guillotine." said Boudicea. "They'll need a friendly face instead of that clanking monstrosity. No offence, robot." she smiled.

"None taken." replied the Frostbot.

Spartan turned. "We PSI Agents follow Lionhearts' lead, his call. If we send Anyman on his way, then the rest of us bar Antoinette (Guillotine) and Frostbot are dropped off behind enemy lines, we can attack them, disrupt their new supply routes, maybe if we get chance take a shot at the trashed robot, but I suspect that time will be the barrier. And time, we don't have. The ship will then be used to ferry troops across the channel until such time as the team needs to be picked up. Are we agreed on this, or do we need further tweaks to the plan?"

OOC If you're ok with that Anyman will pop off into his own thread, and any team split ups will get their own thread too, unless the rest (Dave E and Ross) stick together.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:38

The Vanguard

Admin wrote:OOC If you're ok with that Anyman will pop off into his own thread, and any team split ups will get their own thread too, unless the rest (Dave E and Ross) stick together.[/i]

OOC: Firstly nice post, talk about a big recap.

Second I am very good with this, it sounds like the best plan out of a lot of difficult choices.

====

Frostbite looked at the others, many eager to get going given the fight they had before them. But also all of them jaded by the war as it really was, up close and far more personal.

"Ok people we've seen what the Nazi's are turning out, and why they need to be stopped. But remember our exploits are encouraging not only the BEF but our own people back in England..." And he thought to himself the States, "So lets make our effort count. Don't throw you lives away being stupid, stick together its time to take the fight back to the Nazi's."

=====
OOC: Once we've got everyone suited and booted, Anyman away we'll get on with tackling those robots as best we can.
=====

As Anyman was leaving, Frostbite caught him, "Hey Lance, in another life, well you were along with Wynn the closest thing I had to family. Now we've jumped back its all got muddled. Anyway..." Frostbite felt hot for once, as he tried to say, badly what he wanted to say. "Anyway, good luck, don't get yourself killed, ok!"

And with that he turned about and got himself ready with the rest of the crew.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:52

OOC: I dont mind if we split or not. I do think as much as blowing the hell outta stuff sounds apealling to the young Mr Jenson he knows more than anyone pryority number one is the 'boys' on the beach. I guess a lot of there landing craft and ships are off the coast and out of action, is it a possibility that sentinel could stay behind and repair them to help them back home. I know it sounds pretty boring but i think it needs to be done. Unless you have any other ideas to save them?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 08 2011, 22:25

The VANGUARD!

Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boudicea
Anchor
Hotshot

Interlude...

"It appears the superhumans arrayed against us are far more powerful and resourceful than we first imagined. The centre of Berlin is in ruins. We are still pulling bodies from the burning shells of buildings. The survivors stumble about with blistered faces and their hair falls out in lumps. Many are blind. We are not entirely sure of what happened. As far as we know Anyman has no powers that allow him to wreak such devastation, but he was there and we assume he played some part in the disaster, so he shall remain the focus of our efforts - when he is captured, tortured and killed, we shall broadcast images of his head on a spike. Let us not forget though, he is but one of a tight knit team. All of them, inspired by his example, can wreak havoc. All must be slain." said Claude Bentham. "Now, far be it from me to advise you Gentlemen on strategy... but you have been naive, blundering and incompetent!"

The gathered Nazi generals rose to their feet, some reaching for weapons. Bentham smiled "And so I am here to help you. Whilst the Fuhrer acclimatises to his new body, I am here to restore order and get the war effort back on track. The Aliens we have allied with are reluctant to be drawn into our conflict, but I have made it clear to them. Lend weapons, and bodies to aim them, or consider themselves our foes. We may be 'mere' humans on a backwater world, but we have the Lunarium. It is the key to power, not just on Planet Earth! When we arrived here, we told the Fuhrer about his own dreams for a third Reich were minuscule compared to what could be. Why stop at Europe? Asia? The world? Until the new manufacturing difficulties are overcome, we rely on conventional troops armed with what weapons we can turn out. Oh yes, and the superhumans we make for you. WE make for you. Remember that. Now sit down."

The Generals looked uneasily at one another, then complied. "Good." said Bentham. "now here is what we propose..."

In another room, watching the meeting, Damon Trowers smiled, then turned to watch a man walking on a treadmill. With a body rivalling any Olympic athlete, it was strange to see him struggle with so simple a task as walking. "Relax. Take your time mein Fuhrer. All is in hand..." he said, smiling, as he watched the man glance across, then angrily struggle to walk at more than 1mph.

Interlude ends...

=========

Frostbite watched the ship turn and race off.

He looked back to his team. They were dressed, like him, in camouflage gear with paint smeared on faces. On their backs, packs, including several changes of clothing, one of which was suited to look like Anyman from a distance. Pulling out his binoculars he focussed. The fuel dump was being dug out by men with shovels, barbed wire fences going up to supplement the wooden fences that blocked the view of anyone at eye level.

The ship had skirted the edge of the Nazis lines, then dropped the group off at a point where a new supply line had been formed, and with it, a large fuel storage and distribution plant. The place was crawling with guards! Frostbite couldn't easily count them, but they patrolled in force and number over 100. The trees were cleared all about for 100 yards, and the thing which had cleared them, a giant Nazi robot, had left hours ago to head to the front. Frostbite turned the glasses to the south, adjusting them. There, above the line of trees, towered another Nazi robot, this one walking with a pronounced limp, and moving relatively slowly, rather than the flat our 40mph the titanic metal machines of death were reported to shift at!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group - Page 4 Nazi_robot

Lionheart twitched, not needing binoculars to see the far off thing (it was around 5 miles away) and immediately getting a bad feeling when he looked at the robot. "Some things not right" he muttered.

Spartan glanced over, then looked back through the glasses. "It's still in need of repair. There'll never be a better time to strike at it."

"The Nazis know that too." said Anchor, the word 'Nazi' coming out as a spit of anger.

Lionheart shifted uneasily. Bentham, the man who'd played a large part in his inception, as well as every other PSI Corps operative, was still out there.

'Trust no one.' said Saladin inside Lionhearts head. 'Of course, that rather makes defeating the Nazis on your own rather hard...'

Hotshot turned to Silver Sentinel. "Turn its legs to slag! Then we destroy the rest! Give the Nazis a bloody nose!"

"I thought the point was to capture it?" asked Boudicea, rolling her eyes at Hotshot. "It will be well guarded, presumably by an armoured column and a hundred men or more on the ground, not to mention support vehicles. Nothing we can't handle though?"

Frostbite looked about. His team were up for a fight!

OOC You have an hour before the Robot passes within 1/2 a mile of you, or can go hunt it out. What you can't see is the protection/escort the robot has, but dust rising in front and behind the limping 'bot tells you it's there. So, time to plan, or time to get on over there and get stuck in. Over to you. Anyman will have his own (new) thread up shortly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jul 09 2011, 09:51

The VANGUARD!

Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boudicea
Guillotine
Anchor
Hotshot

Admin wrote:Lionheart twitched, not needing binoculars to see the far off thing (it was around 5 miles away) and immediately getting a bad feeling when he looked at the robot. "Some things not right" he muttered.

2The Nazis know that too." said Anchor, the word 'Nazi' coming out as a spit of anger.

Lionheart shifted uneasily.

"This could be a trap!" Lionheart offered to Frostbite, who simple nodded back to agree. Truth was he'd already seen that this might be the case. The Nazi's would love to capture the team and know that in laying some honey they might tempt down the bee's.

Frostbite came out of his deliberations, having listened to the team,

"Ok we all know this is too good an opportunity to pass up. Which is why its got trap written all over it. Who knows how many Supers they've got ready to get at us, in that ship! But we've got to take the chance. The problem with any trap, is making sure its sprung the way you intend.

Here's what I'm thinking. Firstly we blow the fuel dump. Slip in lay our grenades about and boom, I can tackle that, conventional defences won't stop me. Nor many unconventional. Meanwhile, dressed as Anyman Lionheart and Saladin can cause confusion appearing in the midst of the armoured column, I can be intangible so they'll have to bring out their big guns if they want to get them. Nothing else conventional will work. As 'Anymen' they can appear to come and go such is their speed and sow confusion. Which hopefully will spring their trap, which gives the rest of you chance to take them. Steve that is going to mean you, Anchor and Hotshot lighting everything up from behind. Boadicea, that means you Spartan and Guillotine working the lines and keeping the heat from getting to Lionheart. When you get a chance, take out that robot. I suspect its limp is fake, knowing the Nazi's they'll turn on their own to get to you, so watch out, but the Robot may cut down..."
At which point Frostbite winced, "Sorry, no pun intended, anyway smash their own lines!"

Looking about the group, Frostbite looked for confirmation or questions. "If all goes well at the dump I'll be back with you pretty shortly, if not just do what you can. We'll rendezvous back here when we can. Sentinel a quick word."

Letting the others go about their preparation, Frostbite pulled Silver Sentinel to one side. "Listen you still pretty knew to this. Not that I'm much further, truth be told. But I carry a passenger who was the previous host for our Powers. If this is a trap as we suspect, the temptation and even the real need to supplement our strength is going to be huge. I am giving you a direct order, Steve..."

It sounded odd for Frostbite to give Silver Sentinel an order using his civilian name, but Sentinel could be in no doubt about the earnest tone that Frostbite addressed him. "I'm ordering you not to use the power. Even if the team gets killed, I've seen first hand what this raw power can do twice and its ugly. I'd rather spare you that, but we've got a bigger fish to fry. Using this power unchecked can open a gateway to a realm where the shadows can enter and that can result in a war that will tear everything apart. So you can see the stakes are high. But having said all that, as a friend, I know the temptation is great. But we grow through adversity and somehow that makes us stronger and more able to contain the power. Ok, keep an eye on the others and watch Lionheart, he's cocky at times even with his new power he won't be a match for some of these Ubermensch."

Getting into his Anyman gear, he got ready to gather up the necessary explosives and looked once again at the map to check his approach, whilst he let the rest get ready to do the same.

Lionheart and Saladin conversed as to how best to approach what they did before moving off to get into location. Leaving Steve and the others to take up positions as needed.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Jul 09 2011, 10:33

"I'm ordering you not to use the power. Even if the team gets killed, I've seen first hand what this raw power can do twice and its ugly. I'd rather spare you that, but we've got a bigger fish to fry. Using this power unchecked can open a gateway to a realm where the shadows can enter and that can result in a war that will tear everything apart. So you can see the stakes are high. But having said all that, as a friend, I know the temptation is great. But we grow through adversity and somehow that makes us stronger and more able to contain the power. Ok, keep an eye on the others and watch Lionheart, he's cocky at times even with his new power he won't be a match for some of these Ubermensch."

Steve gave a slow nod with his eyes closed, he knew Frostbite understood him well, if it all went horrible worry Steve would indeed be tempted to use his dark powers to save his new found friends, his battle brothers who would give their lifes to save his agaisnt all odds. Ironic this is to be achilles heel as he tried so hard not to make friends most of his life as he thought this to be a point of weakness but now he understood that it was what strenghned him, made him whole and gave him the drive to go on when things got tough and not just to give his life so easliy. He was awaire what the Justiciars were calling him now 'dark' sentinel due to his fondness of a stiff drink at all hours of the day and for the desire to end his life on the feild of battle to easily. He had changed without realizing it, he wanted to prove himself so much to his parents, maybe even to meet them on the 'otherside' he didnt care anymore. But no more.

"Sure. I understand" Steve answerd.

"God speed my friend" he added watching Frostbite walk away

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 10 2011, 17:56

The VANGUARD!

Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boadicea
Anchor
Hotshot

OOC Guillotine has gone to coordinate the ship with Frostbot in its new role as evacuation vessel...UNLESS you say otherwise. It was mentioned int he post that the soldiers might not respond too well to a 7' robot or green skinned 4' aliens with cybernetic headsets on a large spacecraft... this is 1940 remember Smile

Frostbite gathered a dozen grenades. He was practised at handling them now, but still took care. Essentially when he was out of phase, he couldn't be hurt unless by magic or mental attack, but some energy and explosive attacks could slightly hurt him too. Best not to find out by how much!

Lionheart summoned up the glowing Golden Lion - Saladin - and dressed at super speed in his 'Anyman' outfit whilst Saladin merely willed it. "Back again! I was beginning to think I was redundant!" he rasped in his accented voice.

Silver Sentinel, Anchor and Hotshot made their way through the tree cover, Sentinel carrying Anchor, towards the rear of the column in a wide circle. It took time, but they had plenty.

Spartan and Boadicea sprinted off after Lionheart and Golden Lion (dressed as they were like Anyman)

=========

Frostbite moved to the edge of the trees.

Looking at the camp, he saw guards on high alert. Despite 'winning' the Vanguard had bloodied their nose, whilst Anyman had delivered a surprise blow in Berlin that had left them spluttering. He watched the rotation of the guards beyond the wire fence, noted the positions of several tanks pointing out from the fence towards the trees, and saw a heavy soldier presence checking a couple of fuel trucks, which had its own armed escort. Things seemed very tense, as if a fire fight were about to break out between themselves!

Picking his moment, he flew through the floor with only his head protruding, getting to the fence and through it. The fence gave him a jolt, and he looked back, noticing it was buzzing. Electrified fence? What next? Staying in the shadow of a building, he saw the fuel storage depot was larger than he thought, with a crater housing a large armoured warehouse! It was camouflaged from above with trees and bushes strapped to netting, and AA guns swivelled on platforms smoothly, proof if any were needed that the Nazis were far ahead of the Allies in terms of technology.

The trucks backed up to the metal building, hoses were run out from the place and attached to the trucks, then the fuel drained. Frostbite narrowed his eyes. Was there...?

'Some kind of underground base?' mentioned Joseph Rigdon, the Frostbite of the future, inside Frostbites head. 'It's possible. Improbable maybe - such a thing would have taken months to build, unless the Nazis have some new vehicle capable of boring into the Earth itself!'

He looked about. There were other buildings about the camp, mostly barracks, offices, gun emplacements and watch towers. But this? A large square metal building reaching into the ground? Was it the tip of a bigger iceberg?

=========

Lionheart sped to the edge of the trees, nodding to Saladin/Golden Lion across from him.

Saladin stepped out in front of a tank and armoured car leading the column, some 1/2 mile ahead of the Giant Limping robot! Soldiers - and there must have been 30 or so walking behind the tank, eyes peeled, shouting and immediately brought weapons to bear! The hated Anyman!

Before they could fire, he was gone!

As the orders were barked out to catch the quickly moving glowing man, the 'other' Anyman sped through the trees, causing the Nazis to turn and fire blindly, shouting and firing in confusion. Two Anymen?

=========

At the read of the column Silver Sentinel and his team could see the limping robot in the middle several hundred yards away...

It was colossal! It's left leg had sustained damage, and it was splattered in mud having fallen. It was trailed by two tanks, 30 or so infantry and a couple of armoured cars.

"How you want to ..." started Anchor, before gunfire from the front of the column broke him off and the column broke out in shouts, men taking up positions facing outwards to the trees!

Silver Sentinel considered his options. Anchor was very tough, Hotshot perhaps less so but was faster, and could stay out of range. That said, he had around a hundred yards to go to reach the robot, and extremely heavy fire to run through first!

=========

Lionheart raced through the trees, passing Spartan and Boadicea

A pursuing group of three Nazis, having broken off from the column, chased him through the trees only to run foul of the PSI agents as they sprung from the bushes!

Turning, Lionheart grinned, then turned. He narrowed his eyes.

'Saladin?' he thought.

'Arrrgghh 'trap!' gurgled Golden Lion, before his thoughts were extinguished from Lionhearts mind!

All of a sudden there was a kind of mental 'static' filling the heads of Spartan, Boadicea and Lionheart, making it hard to think and concentrate! For the two lesser agents, it was worse - they were dropped to their knees clutching their heads!

OOC Lionheart has a couple of options. He is still 'separated' from Golden Lion but something has severed the mental connection between them! He can go to GL's last known location or continue to attack the column, but Spartan and Boadicea are down, suffering from some kind of mental attack! Lionheart has a higher Ego score, so fought it off, but it is constant. Clearly his hunch was right. This IS a trap, and I'm sure you might have an idea about who might be after Lionheart and co. Frosty has uncovered a large square metal building that is more than it seems. He can hear the battle having kicked off, so may want to carry on with original plan and try to destroy the place, or investigate.

Silver Sentinel and co will have to fight or at least run the gauntlet of a heavily armed squad of troops before getting to the robot. He has Hotshot and Anchor with him, and they are up for a fight. He might try a different tactic though - your choice. Perhaps take the heat whilst the other two get closer or vice versa. He doesn't know about what happened at the head of the column though... If you guys need a map I'll have to cook it up tomorrow, but don't get too hung up on details - these guys are normal soldiers (or so it appears) so they shouldn't present too much of a problem... or should they?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 10 2011, 22:50

The VANGUARD!
Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boadicea
Anchor
Hotshot

Admin wrote:
OOC Guillotine has gone to coordinate the ship with Frostbot in its new role as evacuation vessel...

Right missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out :-)

=========

Admin wrote:Frostbite moved to the edge of the trees.

Was it the tip of a bigger iceberg?

Frostbite agonised over what to do, if this was part of something bigger, finding out what was below might prove to be vital. But what could he do on his own? And if he was somehow attacked or captured, then he might have failed to blow the base and compromised himself.

Although he wanted to find out more, the base, if there was one would have to wait.

OOC: Frostbite will set about using the grenades where they could do the most damage, at least above ground. Taking advantage by blowing up what seemed most sensitive then moving about the base, by using the underground route he'd perfected on the battlefield, before blowing up other areas, fuel, tanks etc wherever he could.

When he finally ran out of grenades, he flew straight off again through the top level of the earth, so as to avoid being noticed. But as he went he agonised over what might yet lie beneath the ground.

=========

'Arrrgghh 'trap!' gurgled Golden Lion, before his thoughts were extinguished from Lionhearts mind!

Seeing the others in danger, Lionheart didn't need to think he acted. Running to where he knew Saladin had last been, blind fury gave him impetus as he knew somehow Bentham and Trowers must be behind this. He didn't throw complete caution to the wind, as he sped forward, looking about, scanning with his mind. He sought to find some way forward to block out the white noise and use his mind to break through, where he could.

But still cold relentless anger, stirred him. Ever since he knew that he'd been used, that Saladin was a foil in a darker scheme and then where they planned to go all for the sake of power. But worst of all, to not even realise that they were but pawns in a far darker game, infuriated Lionheart. He hated these men for messing time up and thinking nothing of the lives ruined, the world at risk and the single minded greed that motivated them. To him they were an abomination and he would do anything to bring them to justice. Somehow they needed to see not just the misery they caused, but beyond it the Pandora's box they'd opened that was the Shadow Demons, waiting to engulf everything.

OOC:

Ok Lionheart is angry, not out of control mad, but still throwing caution to the wind. I guess if they want me then this is going to be the fastest way to flush them out. Which is why I also want Frostbite back here pronto. if its going to go down, and I knew it would, I need to make sure that I've got all my guns in one place.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jul 10 2011, 22:57

OOC: So the tanks and troops are in front and behind the giant tin can?

IC:
Silver Sentinel considered his options. Anchor was very tough, Hotshot perhaps less so but was faster, and could stay out of range. That said, he had around a hundred yards to go to reach the robot, and extremely heavy fire to run through first!

"so much for the element of surprise" smirked hotshot

"Hotshot fancy raining down some fiery death on the welcoming commity from the cover of the forest, let them know your in there somewhere. Anchor wait by Hotshot until the troops get close then do what you do best my friend. With the cover of the woods the tanks cant get a clear shot and the dence woods will thin out there numbers. Im going to ........."

"Oh no not again, you have that crazy look in your eye sentinel"

"Relax I'll be back in time for tea and tiffen". This time hotshot couldnt see that wild look in Steves eyes, he had seemed to have made peace with himself.

"Ok your the boss".

"...and when I do get back I'll attack those goose stepping morrons from behind, together they wont know whats hit them"

With a nod and a smile Anchor and hotshot left to find a thicker part of the forest. "Come on big man lets get this party started."

OOC: Sentinels going to try a wide berth from the tanks and troops to attack the giant walking machine

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 12 2011, 15:17

The VANGUARD!
Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boadicea
Anchor
Hotshot

Frostbite moved into the shadows of buildings, became tangible, and started tossing pins... clack... *clatter* a grenade rolled under a fuel truck... *clonk* another went under a multi storey hut...*clonk, clonk, clonk* and a third rolled amidst some marching soldiers. "Strange..." muttered Frostbite. "Wonder why they aren't..."

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #3 - Operation Dynamo! Dunkirk group - Page 4 Boom

"So much for wondering" he added, turning intangible as debris smashed outwards in every direction! Fuel trucks caught alight, ammunition stores went off, soldiers screamed, ran, or died! It almost seemed wasteful, but Frostbite continued to move about, tossing a couple of grenades under a watchtower, seeing it tumble to the floor, then at the main gates, the latrines, after which a shower of ... well, whatever, made him thankful he was intangible...

The AA guns fired into the sky at nothing. Frostbite gave them something else to think about with well aimed grenades. Finally he was seen, and shot at by soldiers whose only reward was to stare open mouthed at a grenade as it rolled into their path!

Finally, which much of the camp in ruins and burning, Frostbite looked back at the large grey square metal building.

Unmarked. Not a scratch.

It would warrant further investigation, but he felt he needed to check on the others first.

OOC Frostbites little 'spree' will have taken a minute or so in actual time so the others will have to lie low or bide their time if you want him to arrive and help.

=========

Lionheart sped through the forest, knowing where Saladin would be found

He burst through the trees to come across dozens of Nazi soldiers, and was about to scatter them like skittles before they noticed him when another wave of mental 'static' shot outwards...

OOC This time he takes 2Htk and 2Htc from the wave, and loses a frame due to pain/distraction...

Lionheart fell back, breathing hard. What in the world...? Nothing affected him like this, save...

He glanced through the trees to the nearest of the Nazi soldiers. Then he saw it. A small pack on their belt, wire running up to something beneath their helmet. A device of some kind? Some kind of weapon? He correctly deduced that Trowers and Bentham were behind it. Bentham was the smartest, most insidious mind he'd ever come across. A true 'evil genius' whereas Trowers was the leader, the planner, the schemer. With his incredible intellect Bentham could almost predict the future, running through multitudes of possibilities and probabilities that would make even a smart man sag back in wonder and frustration!

He had an Ace in every hole.

Lionheart then recalled what he knew about the properties of gold, and it's effects on him.

'Know, Agent King, that whilst Gold is near enough the rarest of substances in our time, there is still the danger of encountering it. The closer you are, the more likely the dense material will not only block, but absorb your mental energy! Lead, a similar dense metal, has no effect, nor have any other we have tested. Only Gold remains as your Achilles heel. Furthermore, because of it's unique properties, scientists experimented with weapons that transmit on certain frequencies of the human brain. Using Gold as a conduit and amplifier, they were able to create a battlefield weapon that 'shut down' the neural synapses of anyone not adequately shielded. Because of the high failure rate of such devices, and serious side effects - most of the time the weapons wielder and those around them were completely lobotomised - the project was shelved and declared illegal. There was, no point after all in conquering an enemy composed of drooling imbeciles.'

Lionheart had not encountered Gold for so long that he'd forgotten about his vulnerability to it!

But Trowers hadn't, and Bentham had used his awesome mind to develop the banned weapon! Once more, the Nazis had another 'super weapon' in their grasp! With enough of the soldiers emitting neural sapping radiation about them, entire armies would fall to their knees in pain!

The soldiers Spartan and Boudicea took down! They must have been wearing transmitters!

Lionheart looked through the trees.

His jaw fell.

All the Nazi infantry were wearing transmitters... Around a hundred of them from the front of the column to the back!

And in the midst of this group of 20 or so... Golden Lion was being bombarded! Because of his unique nature, he had no mind to 'attack', but his unique energy that formed his body was being blocked and stifled. Soon he would wink out of existence!

OOC Lionheart hasn't been discovered yet. He can head back to help Spartan and Boadicea, or risk taking on these 20 or so Nazis with the mind zapping gizmos! Of course, you might have other ideas, but Knowing what Lionheart knows, this weapon will affect not just psychics, but normal people too. You have a couple of minutes before Frostbite can get on the scene.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 12 2011, 15:29

The VANGUARD!
Roll Call:

Silver Sentinel
Anchor
Hotshot

Silver Sentinel sped off through the trees, hearing the shots ring out from the Nazis. Anchor would get in close, then toss them about like rag dolls! His strength really was impressive - even amongst the Vanguard he was possibly the strongest in sheer lifting terms, save perhaps Lionheart who had changed vastly in the last couple of weeks.

Keeping an eye out on the column he began to draw level with the giant robot, until...

WOOOOSH!

A wave of mental energy struck out, causing him to cry out in pain! Though painful, he resisted it in the way one might a powerful headache. His team mates weren't so lucky!

Anchor grunted in pain, slowing to a halt then diving for cover as a swathe of bullets chopped the tree he'd been stood in front of to pieces! Hotshot crashed into a tree, tumbling through the branches to sag on one outstretched branch some 10m up and the Nazis started taking pot shots at him!

OOC Sentinel is 30m away from the Robot and a few Nazi soldiers. Anchor is trying to find cover, Hotshot is in a tree getting shot at. Whatever weapon the Nazis have seems to affect the mind! Help the others or go stick it to the robot?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 12 2011, 16:35

The VANGUARD!
Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Spartan
Boadicea
Anchor
Hotshot

Admin wrote:Lionheart had not encountered Gold for so long that he'd forgotten about his vulnerability to it!

OOC: I must admit this came as a bit of a shook, I didn't know we had vulnerabilities and that Lionheart had this in particular. Not that it would have mattered beforehand, but seeing as how Bentham has exploited it this calls for a whole rethink on the situation.
====

All the Nazi infantry were wearing transmitters... Around a hundred of them from the front of the column to the back! And in the midst of this group of 20 or so... Golden Lion was being bombarded! Because of his unique nature, he had no mind to 'attack', but his unique energy that formed his body was being blocked and stifled. Soon he would wink out of existence!

Seeing how he had the advantage of speed and surprise, he about turned, speeding up to grab as many grenades as possible. He wasn't going to fight in terms conventional, but he was going to make sure he free'd Saladin. Blowing up the troops wouldn't effect him, but it would effect them and hopefully begin to shut off some of these weapons and by his friends much needed time.

At a moment like this he needed all the help he could get, if these transmitters where being used, the rest of the group would be similarly effected by what was going on.

OOC: Ok Lionheart goes for the rest of the grenades, available (unless he's like to have some already) and is going to throw them forward to start blasting the grunts aside. I was also thinking of using a tree, tearing them down and throwing them to knock over and break them etc.

=========

Meanwhile Frostbite took due notice of the building, but sped back to the others. Hoping that his little effort might provoke more attention here, than up front with the forces at work.

Moving back to his former position, with his friends, he shot off in a straight line unperturbed by obstacles of objects in his way.

OOC: I would so love to check out that building and tactically I am aware that it might make a huge difference ahead, but we laid out a plan and I've got to stick by it, right? So stuck with doing what I have to, especially even as a character, Frostbite will be aware that there will still be heat and problems ahead.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Jul 12 2011, 19:43

"AAARGH! What the bloody hell was that" crying out load in pain and forgetting all about his sneaking up to the giant robot.

'Very clever, its Lionhearts friend Benthams doing. He is using gold enhanced transmitters giving off high frequency gamma signals .......

"Never mind that ....errgh...how do I stop it" sentinel interupted holding the sides of his head

'Accoarding to Lionheart the transmitters are located on the Nazi solders them selves, the unit are attatch to their heads and power packs to their belts'

"Hold on chaps Im coming" sentinel said trying to shake of the headache and making a bee line for the Nazis he tryed so hard to advoid on the way to the giant limping robot

OOC: Im guessing Im going to meet the tanks before the troops? If not I need to attack the Nazi solders at arms length which brings me to my next question...... would SS be strong enough to pick up a tree and go clubbing?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 14 2011, 04:37

The VANGUARD!
Roll Call:

Frostbite (Team Leader)
Lionheart
Spartan
Boadicea

OOC The Gold vulnerability was one I slapped on him at character inception but it was never implemented/used by Joel (GM of the Exec). Finally it was forgotten about, and there's a good chance LH won't be affected anyone with his new 'Evo' form. These devices have been created to affect everyone though, not just LH and co, though as you guess Bentham always has an eye out for you. Lionheart is the greatest prize to further his ambitions, and whilst they can mould the future to their liking with the seeds they sew in the past, an army of cloned Lionhearts would crush all in their path, save for the Vanguard. Of course, Bentham and Trowers aren't exactly aware of the Vanguard as yet...

Pulling grenades from his belt Lionheart yanked the pins with his teeth, tossed one to the right of the group surrounding Golden Lion, then one to the left.

KA BOOM!

Men were tossed through the air like skittles, screaming and dying before they landed. Those that were left staggered away, thoughts of battle and retaliation forgotten. They didn't have long to think about anything as another pair of grenades landed in their midst!

Without the mind jamming influence of the devices on the nazis confining him, Golden Lion dissipated, instantly becoming one with his host again. Lionheart felt the welcome rush of energy into his body, as well as the relief from the man who had once been Saladin. 'Ah, ne'er thought I'd say it, but 'tis good to be back in here! It felt as if I were trapped in a web, and like a fly, the more I struggled, the weaker I became!'

Lionheart knelt to examine one of the devices on the dead nazi. A small pack, doubtless containing gold wire looped thousands of times around a transmitter of some kind, he surmised. The wire from the pack led to a wire frame 'hat' worn under the Nazis helmet. Lionheart frowned. This device, even dozens of them, didn't have the power or the technology to transmit pure mental energy in a wave that caused the human brain to shut down! It was more like...

'Like an amplifier' confirmed Saladin. 'Think of it as the crossroads section of a web, and every nazi soldier wears one, connecting to the web and increasing its range.'

That meant the main transmitter would be bigger, and close by, rather than these simple 'range extenders'. But what could be big enough to carry a power plant big enough to cause such a powerful wave to emanate?

=========

Frostbite flew into the forest, ignoring obstacles in his way

His destination wasn't hard to find. The Robot towered over the trees, it's lumbering mass stunted by a limp. It was sinister but almost comical, with its Nazi style helmet and snarling face! There was nothing funny about what the robot could do though!

Then he heard fighting - shots, explosions, screams. Smoke rose from the woods and Frostbite guessed that one of his team - most likely Lionheart - was taking the fight to the Nazis!

OOC Frostbite and Lionheart can hook up here, if you like. Either that or Frosty heads towards the Robot...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 14 2011, 04:54

smaug wrote:"AAARGH! What the bloody hell was that" crying out load in pain and forgetting all about his sneaking up to the giant robot.

'Very clever, its Lionhearts friend Benthams doing. He is using gold enhanced transmitters giving off high frequency gamma signals .......

"Never mind that ....errgh...how do I stop it" sentinel interupted holding the sides of his head

'Accoarding to Lionheart the transmitters are located on the Nazi solders them selves, the unit are attatch to their heads and power packs to their belts'

"Hold on chaps Im coming" sentinel said trying to shake of the headache and making a bee line for the Nazis he tryed so hard to advoid on the way to the giant limping robot

OOC: Im guessing Im going to meet the tanks before the troops? If not I need to attack the Nazi solders at arms length which brings me to my next question...... would SS be strong enough to pick up a tree and go clubbing?

Silver Sentinel

OOC Lionheart isn't linked to the Vanguard as Frostbite, Anyman, Sentinel, Nowhere Boy and (eventually) Sky Eagle are/will be, even though he is definitely part of the team. With that in mind I'll 'ignore' the conversation with his inner self, though what you've done isn't in any way 'wrong' - the Dark Powers often know and impart information to theirs hosts, just not in this case Smile As for a tree, Sentinel could lift a medium sized tree, but dragging it out of the ground would take him quite a while... I've pulled enough tree roots out of the floor to know what a total pig it is, and that's with my 18 stone or so swinging off it... Not saying I'm super strong of course, but it's easier to lift a tree than get it out of the floor (done that as well as my train clobbered a fallen tree, but that's another story Smile )

Sentinel heard the Nazis shouting and firing at his men, then ground his teeth. Looking at the Giant Robot, then the tanks and the troops he set off back to aid his men. He paused by a tree, taking hold of the trunk and yanking. There was a loud sound, like tearing, but the thing would take some serious twisting and pulling before it came out of the floor!

Moving to the edge of the trees, he saw Anchor fighting with Nazis, all the while being shot at! Bullets flattened against his skin but drew blood every time, despite the ultra light chainmail suit he wore. Though they were flesh wounds thanks to his ultra dense form (OOC he weighs 1 ton) enough of them would definitely bring him down! Sentinel looked up, and saw several trees were alight. The Nazis were blasting away at a burning figure in a tree - Hotshot!

Sentinel would have to wade through thirty Nazis, compete with a couple of tanks, fight off that mental wave that would come around again in moments, and somehow battle that giant robot - which had stopped and was turning its attentions to where he stood in the trees some 50m away!

'It can sense your body heat, that metal beast'
said the Dark Power. 'The wave it sends out is amplified and passed on by some device the mortals wear'

Sentinel looked down at where a dazed Nazi lay feet away. His helmet had been dislodged, and underneath it he wore a wire frame cap attached to a pack on his belt by a wire. His face was a ruin thanks to one of Anchors fists that had caught him and his comrades, though they'd taken the brunt of the blow! Still, he wobbled as he rose to his feet, then sagged down, fumbling on the floor for his rifle.

OOC Anchor is surrounded. The nazis are filling him with lead, and despite having a high vigour score, he can't take too much of that sort of pounding! The Tanks are pointing their guns at him now, and the robot is taking notice. Meanwhile Nazis are taking pot shots at Hotshot in a tree. Up to you who you go for first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next