The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! Empty World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

Post  Admin Sun Sep 25 2011, 00:44

What happened before...

Thanks to a twist of fate (and a Nazi neural bomb) the PSI Corps agent from the future, Lionheart, has swapped minds with his former foe, Saladin. Saladin has a plan whereby he can swap his mind to another body after his own was killed, and his mind saved by his vast psychic powers. The Vanguard are on a mission to free P'utinarians from a Nazi prison camp. They came across another P'utinarian rescue mission led by P'ertaria, an old friend of the Vanguard. Having rescued them, and their team mate Silver Sentinel who'd been kidnapped by the insectoid Qrii, the Vanguard then had to worry about an attack by a Nazi led fleet of Skrall science vessels, identical to their own! Outnumbered six to one, things looked bleak as a Neural bomb homed in on our heroes, but Frostbites computer saved the day by turning the missile around! The Vanguard used the time to capture one of the six Skrall vessels to replace their own battered ship, but were attacked by one of Claude Benthams (Lionhearts, and the free worlds, arch enemy) deadly traps in the form of mutated P'utinarians! The Vanguard beat them back and freed one of the creatures who pledged to fight with them. He was christened 'NoMan' by Anyman, and used his abilities to change into a humanoid male (when in actual fact he'd been rendered sexless by the transformation).

Whilst that was going on Saladin (controlling Lionhearts body) used the confusion to teleport to one of the Nazi ships, the Odin, and use the facilities there to transfer his mind to a clone body, thus separating himself and Lionheart once more! The team has decided to split again, with Anyman, NoMan, Anchor and Boadicea going down to rescue the P'utinarians in the camp on Earth, and Frostbite, Silver Sentinel, Fastback and Guillotine teleporting over to the Odin to help Saladin...

OOC To be continued in the morning, my eyeballs are dropping out...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Sep 25 2011, 09:30

What happened before...

Admin wrote:OOC To be continued in the morning, my eyeballs are dropping out...

OOC: Nice recap, but only shows how complicated and convoluted it all becomes over time ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

Post  Admin Sun Sep 25 2011, 18:19

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! Issue_4a_title

Saladin stepped out of the transportation room. Behind him, three Skralls lay across the floor, diminutive forms unconscious as they sought to raise the alarm having detected an unauthorised transport. Despite having woken up only moments before, they were fully functional and part of the ship itself, being linked via a neural implant! Before stepping out into the corridor, he considered. There'd be cameras everywhere. He knew - roughly - where to go, but each ship had been retrofitted with bespoke equipment depending on its scientific function, so it might differ some... He looked up at the two dome cameras in this room. Yes, they knew he was here. He'd smashed both on arrival, then attacked the Skralls that'd burst in. Looking about, he saw a ventilation grid for air conditioning high on the wall near the roof. With his amazing agility - and perhaps by dislocating an arm, a painful but easy process for one such as him - he would be able to use the vents for access without being seen. Slower going, but possibly a better option than fighting off an entire ship!

=========

Meanwhile Frostbite and his team walked down the corridor to the transportation room.

Guillotine
deftly set up the machines and set a countdown timer before walking to an unoccupied pad. Fastback checked then double checked a rucksack, pulling out sachets of a grey mush. She saw Silver Sentinel look at them, then here. "What? It's food, just... not very appetising. I need to remember that every time I use my power, a quick snack is needed to give my body something to burn. Don't want to get like we did on that insect ship!"

OOC Frostbite and co. are a minute behind Saladin. Sentinel is injured from his fights, but another minute will see him fully healed in what remains of the medical bay (it was all HTC, so an injection or three, then blast under a Vita lamp will sort him), that leaves us with Saladin having 2 clear minutes before the others arrive, so we'll move Saladin first for a few posts...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 25 2011, 18:23

OOC And you're right - following the plot trail is like trying to pick a particular strand of spaghetti from a plate... My own fault, but I suppose it beats the usual "The sound of an alarm and distant sirens cut the night air as the hero crouches on a rooftop. Standing, he takes a deep breath, mutters "No rest for the wicked!" and dives off a four storey building on his way to stop the 37th bank robbery that week...". That said, easier, simple stuff is sometimes fun too - the days of battling SMITE and Adjutant/UKChampions seem like years ago!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 26 2011, 00:28

ooc: Considering I joined the game late, I've yet to experience that simple set-up you just wrote about. cheers
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 26 2011, 07:23

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! Issue_4a_title

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite and co. are a minute behind Saladin. Sentinel is injured from his fights, but another minute will see him fully healed in what remains of the medical bay (it was all HTC, so an injection or three, then blast under a Vita lamp will sort him), that leaves us with Saladin having 2 clear minutes before the others arrive, so we'll move Saladin first for a few posts...

Saladin wanted to use covert movement, but he had to wonder how covert he could be in the air ducts? Littler manoeuvrability and who knew if he'd be trapped there. But what of the alternative, leaping and fighting his way through hoards of aliens plus who knew what other creatures lay here ready to kill him. If only he, like Frostbite, could phase through solid objects. With a resigned sigh, he climbed quickly into the air duct.

Meanwhile Frostbite, told the others they'd wait for Sentinel, he didn't fancy getting into close quarters combat without another member of the Vanguard onboard with him. Besides which, Sentinel had proven himself a worthy contender for a place on the team.

When Sentinel was finally with them, Frostbite gave the go order. Although not unaccustomed to being teleported, it was for him a strictly needs must occasion. As they materialised on the other deck they saw that they had their work cut out for them, the aliens were already fast coming to and getting the others to the main deck to take control of the ship wasn't going to be easy. But the Vanguard always had several aces up their sleeves.

Pressing his hand lightly onto a control panel, Frostbite spoke to his onboard computer presence, "Time to make us welcome."

And with that his computer alter ego, left him and sped off at light speed into the mainframe of the ships computer to take over.

"At least that will give them something to think about."
He muttered before instructing the others to move out.

OOC:

I am wondering what the advantageous might be to splitting up, letting Sentinel take one team, to create a diversion down in the engine room/science labs, whilst I head up to the control room?

We'll have to wait and see what comes from us being here before we set off in a definite direction.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 26 2011, 11:29

smaug wrote:Sentinel turned to frostbite, who he respected the most and saw him as all that was good in the world as the little angel on the sometimes morally questionable young brit and asked

"So let me get this straight, Saladin is a big time pain in the neck where you come from right?
So what are we going to do with him when we separate him from Lionheart?

"Oh there its is... the question everyone has been wondering since those two somehow merged and no one has wanted to ask." Frostbite rubbed the back of his neck, cold and hard like ice, he never felt pain, his body was honed to perfection, but somehow at times like this he got a pain.

"Look Lionheart and me go way back, Saladin was always the guy he'd been sent back to get. Well except it turns out both of them had been played by their creators. Saladin was framed, but without a doubt he's merciless, cold and calculating... but what would you expect if you were grown in a vat and this guy, Bentham was you're only roll model!"

"Truth is I don't know Sentinel. Saladin wants Bentham and Trowers, so do we, I guess for now the enemy of my enemy is my allies, until I can figure out what is supposed to happen next." Frostbite gestured in resigned fashion then said in a slightly softer voice.

"But its not right that one or other of them is fighting over the one body to get free. Sooner or later they're going to end up in a worse mess. The thing we've got to do is protect Saladin right now, because like it or not if Bentham gets his hands on him, then he'll have all he needs make as many Lionheart's as he wants but with all the moral depth of a thimble and with know qualms about who they serve."

Frostbite said looking at Sentinel both to make his point and illustrate how seriously he took all this.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 26 2011, 21:33

OOC David M - ah yes, I remember. You joined in when the 'usual superhero stuff' was left behind (and reality had been changed by Messrs Bentham, Trowers and their, as yet, unseen friends...). The Vanguard were your everyday, run of the mill heroes on the run from government backed heroes (Marvel Civil War style) whilst fighting evil and righting wrongs.

Saladin squeezed into the vent, dislocating an arm to ensure he fit, then ground his teeth against the pain as he shimmied along the passage. It would take precious time to get through the ship - and guesswork. That said, the Skralls and Nazis would be chasing a ghost as they scoured the corridors and found no one...

=========

2 minutes later...

Frostbite, Silver Sentinel and the two ladies appeared on the teleport pad. Immediately Fastback broke out the food, slurping on a packet of... sludge. She grimaced, then fished out another, waving any comments away - she didn't need reminding of how bad it looked!

Frostbite explained to Silver Sentinel about the situation with Lionheart, then pressed a hand to a computer console and sent his cybernetic persona on its way!

Immediately the effects were made known - room lights dimmed and lit up erratically, strange noises came out of the audio system in every room and passage, and Frostbite knew that, across the ship, diminutive Skralls were standing confused, looking about...

Just then the sounds of shouts (in an alien tongue) and clanking feet indicated they had company!

OOC And its very close - nigh on outside the door! The feet sound very heavy, and the cyborg Skralls you fought before spring to mind (that would be because it is them...) You have, what, 3 frames before the door opens into the teleport room... Meanwhile Saladin will continue inching his way through the ship, thankful that the security systems inside the air vents - lasers that cut through flesh - seem not to be working for some reason (thanks to Frostbite!)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 27 2011, 10:00

Admin wrote:OOC David M - ah yes, I remember. You joined in when the 'usual superhero stuff' was left behind (and reality had been changed by Messrs Bentham, Trowers and their, as yet, unseen friends...). The Vanguard were your everyday, run of the mill heroes on the run from government backed heroes (Marvel Civil War style) whilst fighting evil and righting wrongs.

OOC: Wow that does seem like a long time ago. I'd still like to know if you ever intend on finishing up those plot lines, we were trying to capture other vanguard members and also Joe was working undercover. It seemed like the campaign lurched quiet amazingly with the whole nazi twist and there after I did wonder if we'd ever get back into the same time, picking up where we left off, even if we didn't go back as quiet the same heroes?

Cursing the crampt quarters, Saladin moved forward as quickly as he dared without causing undue attention. He also let his mind probe ahead, he wanted to make sure he knew when his foes were close and even more important when his target was closer still.

=========

2 minutes later...

Just then the sounds of shouts (in an alien tongue) and clanking feet indicated they had company!

Quickly Frostbite hurried a whisper to the others the outline of a plan, the creatures they all knew could be deadly, but with the combined efforts of the team they might be able to subdue them and move on quickly.

Frostbite wanted Fastback to act as decoy, her superior speed would be used to lure in the alien cyborgs, whilst Sentinel could use his power to take the armour - he might even be able to use it. As he and the others will wait either side of the entrance door ready to pounce at close range when the first aliens saw was Fastback and hopefully came in. Fastback would do her part by acting like she'd accidentally beamed herself aboard from the other ship and was helplessly overwhelmed by the big bad aliens.

Frostbite meanwhile would fly over them, using the bulkheads above to get over and behind them to make sure they didn't flee or get away.

After outlining his plan, he only hoped favour was on their side, and that the aliens felt they had the upper hand for their bluff to lure them in and take them out.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Sep 27 2011, 23:51

OOC: Ok sounds like a solid plan Dave. Cant believe my dice rolling tonight bet I wont roll a crit again for months lol

IC: Knowing that they had seconds before the aliens busted through the door sentinel scanned the room he noticed a computer console close to the door. Diving behind the console he then readied himself for the ambush, his role....to attack the aliens from behind when they lest expect it.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 28 2011, 09:26

OOC Apologies for the delay - last 2 days been a nightmare with computer, so back on laptop for a while. Computer pooped itself and needed reinstall, only for my disk to be revealed as corrupt (my license key is genuine and legit) which means I'll have to get another disk from micro$oft. Never rains, but pours etc

The door opened and towering cyborgs stepped into the room! Unless the other cyborgs the team had faced when they'd captured their first ship, these looked bigger, meaner, tougher!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! BIG_cyborg

"hello!" said fastback, in her best 'little girl lost' voice. "I appear to have gotten lost! Can youtellmewheretheladiesroomohthat'sabiggunwhatareyou,HEY!" her voice sped up as the first of the cyborgs levelled a great arm cannon at her head!

Meanwhile Frostbite floated above and behind, into the corridor behind the Cyborgs. There were three 'Borgs and half a dozen skrall non combatants as support. Frostbite felt relatively sure he'd...

One of the cyborgs turned and said something in its alien tongue!

So much for the stealth approach, but he could attack two others from behind if he shot past the one he was nearest...

Inside the room Silver Sentinel and Guillotine waited behind the door for the trap to spring. It needed Fastback to be as agile as she possibly could be, avoiding the blasts and drawing fire whilst the others jumped the cyborgs!

OOC Initiative... 1d10=10 Heroes, 1d10=6 Cyborgs. You get an extra (FREE!) frame thanks to getting the drop on them. Frostbite only gets 2 frames against the one that noticed him in the corridor, but 3 against the other 2 if he directs his blast towards them. So in the room: 1 cyborg, Silver Sentinel and Guillotine. In the doorway, 1 cyborg. In the corridor (facing Frostbite) 1 cyborg. In the corridor (non combatants) half a dozen Skralls. Most are looking slightly confused (as they would seeing as though the computer is telling them conflicting orders every few seconds, so they just stand there looking stupid)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 28 2011, 09:29

OOC On another note, if Frostbite and co reset the timeline as it was (somehow) they may be able to go back to the way things were, though that uneasy truce between Adjutant and the Vanguard was the best thing going for them - the government and the media weren't so friendly, (but the media were coming around, when they could - big brother and all that). Simpler days, and not forgotten by me either. First, you have a war to win, a planet to save, and a universe to battle!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 28 2011, 09:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : way things was? *sigh* were)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 28 2011, 22:05

Admin wrote:OOC Initiative... 1d10=10 Heroes, 1d10=6 Cyborgs. You get an extra (FREE!) frame thanks to getting the drop on them. Frostbite only gets 2 frames against the one that noticed him in the corridor, but 3 against the other 2 if he directs his blast towards them. So in the room: 1 cyborg, Silver Sentinel and Guillotine. In the doorway, 1 cyborg. In the corridor (facing Frostbite) 1 cyborg. In the corridor (non combatants) half a dozen Skralls. Most are looking slightly confused (as they would seeing as though the computer is telling them conflicting orders every few seconds, so they just stand there looking stupid)

Frostbite didn't hesitate, and fired at the back where he had the advantage of height and speed. Part of him worried that these creatures were clearly more advanced than what they'd faced before but hoped that the others, especially Sentinel who could liquefy their metal suits would make short work of them.

OOC:

Ok x5 on the guy upon whom I get two frames, please.

Sorry to hear about your computer woes, but of all the people I know, you are the only one who'd have a clue what to do about it and would have a go. So I hope it works out ok.

Glad to hear about the timeline, I must confess I'd love to go back, to a restored time line in which the plot lines we had dangling get resolved. Having said that I'm loving what we're into here so I'm in no hurry to get there, not least of all because how does Putty feature into a restored time line!

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 29 2011, 08:38

OOC Ahhh time travel. Yeah it does bring up one or two 'interesting' (and by that, baffling) paradoxes. If you do this, then this happens, but what about that? And so on. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it (with all its various pitfalls) but for now, World War II is where we'll be until a) you guys manage to restore the timeline somehow (I have an idea already but we're not there yet) b) you win the war. Bear in mind your characters, unleashed, are the most powerful beings in this part of the Galaxy - that said, plenty of powerful beings from other galaxies are closing in on earth... As for computer, well its back up and running, again, with all the programs I had before, all the settings and bits and bobs... again. But that's twice in 3 months its gone belly up on me after years of faithful service, and even a new O/S innards (M/board, cpu, memory etc) couldn't prevent this one. Fingers crossed it'll last, but will be backing up my backups of backups this time!

Turning tangible as he floated near the ceiling, Frostbite levelled his arms, eyes and chestplate glowing a deep blue as he fired a torrent of freezing cold air that blasted at one of the cyborgs! Despite the one at the back barking a warning, one of the cyborgs was going to get it full on!

OOC DC10 instead of 6 because of blindside. 2d10+3+10 → [5,6,3,10] = (24) 2d10+3+10=24-17=7 accuracy. x5 (energy, leaving frostbite on 10/15 round 1/5). Split 18htc 17htc dividers reduced.

The cyborg is lifted, thrown back against a wall and 'iced up' though breaks free as the warm ambient temperature of the ship helps the superhuman strength of the alien smash the ice.

OOC Nice hit, though the dice roll wasn't great (above average, so better than your usual). Sentinel to act then the two ladies (Fastback and Boadicea, though neither is what you would call a 'heavy hitter')
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Sep 29 2011, 21:01

OOC: I was waiting until you attacked first

IC: As the 'borgs' in the doorway were distracted by the sprung trap. Pausing just for a moment sentinel seized his opportunity and leaped out from his cover and placed a hand on their superior armour in an attempt in cocooning their torsos rendering them incapacitated.

OOC: Will the two noice me or feel my hands on their armour in the heat of battle before its too late

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 30 2011, 23:17

OOC takes an action to use your power, requires only a roll to hit which comes up 2d10+2+10=22 no problem

One of the cyborgs cried out as the metal sections of its body suddenly collapsed and oozed like wax, causing the rest of it to fold in on itself and fall to the floor, floundering in a pool of liquid metal! Sentinel turned to the other one stood in the doorway (OOC the one blasted by Frostbite) but glanced back at the one he'd just incapacitated... Aside from its head, shoulders and upper body including partial spinal column, there was very little else that could be classed as organic, and therefore non metal! Sentinel was both encouraged that his power could drop them so easily, and horrified that the creatures had been horribly mutilated in the name of science!

Fastback cried out in horror at the dying thing on the floor, whilst Guillotine stepped up, pulled her guns and fired at the cyborg in the doorway!

OOC 2d10+1+6=22hit 5 accuracy, 2d10+1+6=23hit 6 accuracy DOUBLE plus 2d10 → [5,7] = (12). 35 total, 18 accuracy. 13htk 13htc from the first one (reduced by dividers to 4/4), 33htk, 27htc from the second reduced by dividers to 11/9.

Firing round after round into the alien cyborg with her twin webley revolvers, Guillotine cursed as the bullets pinged from the Cyborg, despite being deadly accurate!

Fastback stepped up and threw punch after punch at the cyborg!

OOC She 'buys' 4D6 extra for her superspeed punches at a cost of 12htc. 2d10+2+6=21hit, 4 accuracy, +4htc plus 4d6=15htc. Total is 23htc reduced by dividers to 7.

Fastback pounds away, landing punch after punch in the blink of an eye! The cyborg wobbles but otherwise seem unperturbed by the pounding, more concerned was it about the blast from Frostbite! She moves to a safe distance and prepares to avoid any attacks that come her way.

OOC Ok one Cyborg down, another pretty well battered and the third unharmed. Their attacks. One Cyborg on Frostbite fires 3 Quick energy blasts (x2 energy) of plasma at our hero... 2d10+3+6=19Hit 2 accuracy (4htk dividers reduced by -3), 2d10+3+6=20hit 3 accuracy (6htk dividers reduced by -3), 2d10+3+6=17Miss. Frostbite takes 10htk all in, he's on full health otherwise. Response?

The other Cyborg turns to Silver Sentinel and does the same, blasting away!

OOC 2d10+3+6=21hit 4 accuracy 8htk, dividers reduced by -3, 2d10+3+6=11Critical miss lose next frame too!, 2d10+3+6=25MISS thanks to critical miss. Sentinel takes 8htk which would put him on 80/88htk. Any response? Decide responses then take your final two frames. These are powerful cyborgs, but Sentinels power is the great equaliser, whilst Frostbites energy blast is icing on the cake. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Oct 01 2011, 08:37

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite takes 10htk all in, he's on full health otherwise. Response?[/i]

OOC: Frostbite will shrug off the damage for now, preferring to pile on the pressure with another energy blast at the remaining cyborg, leaving the one who I'd attacked before to Sentinel to finish off.

Stung but otherwise bullishness about the Cyborg's attack, Frostbite again levelled his hands determined to strike back at the otherwise unmarked remaining cyborg, whilst he let his team deal with the enemy closest to them.

OOC: Saladin will continue to make his way through the conduits as best as possible trying to find a means to secure this place. No point getting to the cloning facility and finding out he can't use them whilst under attack etc.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02 2011, 00:13

Meanwhile...

Saladin shimmied along the ventilation shaft, left arm trailing uselessly behind him (he'd dislocated it to get into the shaft itself). Glancing through a vent he saw a clinical white room below, Skralls scurrying about to prepare it for something. It seemed like a medical bay. He carried on, not minding if the Skralls noticed his passage as they seemed to be oblivious to anything bar the functioning of the ship anyway. After a while he came to a junction, and set off down one direction, only to come to a dead end where the duct bent down into one of several air conditioning units. Going back the other way he came to a crossroads and stifled a curse. Which way? He knew the rough general direction, but this guesswork was no good. Sooner or later they'd discover him. He wondered if a straight up fight, mowing down reams of Nazis and Skralls, might not be preferable...

=========

Frostbite concentrated another high power blast at the unharmed Cyborg nearest to him...

OOC 2d10+3+6 → [1,7,3,6] = (17) aaaaand... a miss. Need 18 or more, 17 is close but not enough. Frostbite has 5/15 energy remaining round 1/5

The Cyborg danced aside from Frostbites blast and levelled its own weapon at the Vanguards leader. Frostbite was slightly distracted by the sound of distant feet as more Skrall Cyborgs were headed this way!

OOC Sentinel to act, then the ladies, then initiative...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 03 2011, 07:17

Admin wrote:Meanwhile...

Which way? He knew the rough general direction, but this guesswork was no good. Sooner or later they'd discover him. He wondered if a straight up fight, mowing down reams of Nazis and Skralls, might not be preferable...

"Better not to be discovered", he thought. He didn't want to waste valuable time trying to relocate his arm and then trying to fight He pressed on seeking an opportune point to exit from which he could get his bearings and try and set about taking the offensive.

Ironically this all brought back memories of his first arrival on that German U Boat, he waved his hand, scattering the memories that were in themselves a mish mash of his own and that of agent King. He redoubled his efforts trying harder to push forward. "Soon he'd be free, very soon." He spoke softly to himself.

OOC: Ok get out, relocate my arm and try and find out where we are to take advantage of the disruption the others are causing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Oct 03 2011, 17:43

OOC: I'll take those 8 points concentrating on finishing Borg number 2. Metal manipulation seems to do more damage to these suckers then I reckon my plasma blast will.

IC: Sentinel was amazed how deadly his metal manipulation was on the Borg threat. He leapt at the Borg closest to him trying to grab the alien as it swiped at him with its gear and piston powered limbs, trying to restrain then grapple it so he could erase the mechanical part of his foe.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 03 2011, 20:10

Sentinel lunged in to grab his foe, then pondered for a second... with a thought he instead caused the creature to tumble in a mass of molten metal, its scream of agony cut short as vital systems turned into molten slag!

Guillotine acknowledged Sentinels effort "Great! One left but..."

Fastback finished the sentence "Therearemorecomingdownthecorridor!Lookslikeabiggroup!"

Aware her weapons had little or no effect against the Cyborg, Guillotine ran over to a wall console and started tapping away. "I'm trying to access the ships layout, see if we can find a fast way to get where Lionhe... Saladin is going!"

Fastback was about to lay into the Cyborg, but having seen how useless her efforts were before, instead stood in front of it, bravely acting as a decoy/target!

OOC 1 left... Initiative... 1d10=4 Heroes, 1d10=10 Bad guys. And so it continues. The dice roller is definitely flakey, at least in my book. The first roll is invariably lower than the second for some reason. I'll have another counting session (just did one for David M. He won initiative something like 4 times out of 12) or just use hand rolled dice instead. The cyborgs go first...

Without warning, the Cyborg EXPLODED!!!

The heroes senses were overwhelmed by the force, their bodies thrown against and through bulkhead walls, even as fire and smoke filled the room and the corridor outside!

OOC It's an area attack so anything you can try (dodging, parrying) would have to be able to block attacks from above, below, the sides, behind...

Frostbite blinked, raising himself painfully from the floor. Smoke and fire burned in the corridor all about, and fragments fell from the ceiling. Exposed pipes hissed coolant and wires sparked as panels clattered to the floor.

OOC everyone takes 20htc, 20htk with reduced (-2) dividers so Frosty/Sentinel take 20htc, 10htk. The ladies suffer the whole lot...

Despite her superhuman reflexes, Fastback was only able to turn aside, not dodge the blow, and was thrown across the room into a wall where she bounced off and sagged into a heap! Guillotine was tossed like a rag doll into a console and over it, whilst the explosion threw Sentinel clean into and puncturing the metal skin of the rooms wall, and he lay amidst an area of pipes and wires sparking all about him, hissing gas and smoke making him cough!

Through all that the metallic 'clomp clomp, clomp!' told the team they had only moments before more Cyborgs fell on them!

OOC you have four frames. Everyone will need to spend 1 frame recovering, so make that three. The Cyborgs are almost within touching distance of Frostbite who is out in the corridor, the others are still in the room, which is wrecked. You won't be teleporting off this ship, at least from this area...

=========

Saladin glanced behind as fire licked up into the vents, the glow bouncing off several walls...

He was too far away for it to affect him, but he wondered what might have caused it? With a shrug he moved on, then cursed himself for a fool! Concentrating, he reached out with his mind and scanned for the mind of a Nazi... there! Though the Nazi 'thought' in German he gleaned an image of the mans knowledge of the ship, enough to ascertain that he was in the rough general vicinity of the lab area - off limits to this particular Nazi.

That decided it! With his free (good) arm he rammed an elbow into the sheet metal vent below him, causing it to tear and collapse, and for him to fall through!

Tumbling several metres through the air he expertly landed in a crouch into a room where several Cyborg Skralls (picture as the others) stood dormant in what looked to be a weapons locker, row upon row of weapons held in racks! There were booted feet in the corridor outside, heading this way!

As Saladin looked about - and found - a wall to ram his shoulder into, that strange 'sixth sense' Lionheart had caused him to whirl about... The three Cyborgs in the room suddenly came to life, eyes glowing and stepping from their recharge racks... to come at Saladin!

OOC Who'd have thought it, out of the frying pan etc. Still, if things were easy I could just write 'your guys succeed. The end' Smile 1d10=7 Saladin, 1d10=1 Cyborgs. 3 Frames. It'll take two frames to pop his arm back in, but he's a tough guy so it won't affect him much. OR he can try to take these guys on one handed... Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 03 2011, 20:32

Admin wrote:
OOC you have four frames. Everyone will need to spend 1 frame recovering, so make that three. The Cyborgs are almost within touching distance of Frostbite who is out in the corridor, the others are still in the room, which is wrecked. You won't be teleporting off this ship, at least from this area...

"Ok this isn't going at all like we planned." Frostbite said as he quickly moved over to Sentinel, "Delay them as fast as you can don't let them explode, I'll check on the ladies."

With that Frostbite set about trying to see if he could revive their companions before Sentinel was swamped with more cyborgs.

=========

Admin wrote:OOC Who'd have thought it, out of the frying pan etc. Still, if things were easy I could just write 'your guys succeed. The end' Smile 1d10=7 Saladin, 1d10=1 Cyborgs. 3 Frames. It'll take two frames to pop his arm back in, but he's a tough guy so it won't affect him much. OR he can try to take these guys on one handed... Over to you.

Although he knew it would take vital moments, he might not have said moments for long, Ramming his arm hard into the wall, with a grunt he felt the slightly sickening thunk of his arm finding its proper place once again. HE welcomed the pain as it made his mind alive and alert, again overcoming his fatigue. (OOC: Thank goodness you didn't penalise him for not sleeping)

Turning about Saladin knew his time was up, he was going to have to either make a run for it or take a stand. Since he wasn't interested in fighting right now, he decided he'd find a way to use these things to his advantage, with a click of the door he tumbled out into the corridor getting his bearings.

OOC: Out of here if I can, if not defensive stuff, ducking and diving as normal. Till I can figure out how to use these creatures in such a way as to gain an advantage over them.

As for the dice roller, well that explains why my dice rolls are consistently bad. I've never felt it right to roll dice just too tempting to cheat, when you really need a good result. So though I like rolling for attack Invisible Castle isn't good enough to use anymore, so I'll have to let you keep rolling mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 04 2011, 06:29

Coughing as he moved through the smoke and wreckage, Frostbite tossed metal sheets aside and reached down to gently lift Fastback to her feet. She was dazed but conscious, though somewhat cut up. Mary (her real identity) was a pretty girl, but she'd need time to recover from this battering! "I'm... I'm ok... but Frostbite... what if more of those things decide to explode? How can we fight them?"

Guillotine was already clambering to her feet, grabbing the wall and rising on shaky legs. She frowned as she saw a flashing panel on the wall, wires dangling out, and activated it with a touch. "Hello?" she enquired. "Greetings. This is Frostbot. Sensors show an explosion in your vicinity, and a number of Skrall Cyborgs heading in your direction. Recommend you vacate the area immediately. There is an access panel 2.7m to the left of this communication console that will, albeit with a squeeze, grant access to conduits that run all of the ship. Follow that conduit for approximately 50 metres and enter the room off to its side. That is all." crackled the panel, then it burst into flames!

With a frown Guillotine turned. "You heard that?" she asked of Frostbite. At his look of concern she gave a grin "I'm all right" though it was clear from the blood running down her face and way she was stood that wasn't the case!

=========

Saladin rammed his arm home back into its socket...

Lionhearts body, this 'evolution', the greatest iteration of the PSI Corps project and probably one of the most powerful superhumans of this or any other age, was a true marvel! Seemingly tireless, with a capacity for mind and body control even Bentham, with his incredible intellect, couldn't have foreseen! No wonder Trowers, Bentham and the other shadowy figures in their cabal wanted access to it! All the more reason to keep it out of their hands!

He sped past the cyborgs, smashing through the doorway into the corridor beyond!

Skidding to a halt he turned.. to see three Skrall Cyborgs marching down the corridor towards him! They started, then weapons started unfolding from their arms! Glancing about, he recalled what he'd seen from the Nazi mind. There were two options he could take - the long way, and avoid these Cyborgs, or go through them, but could even he take on these new three AND the ones in the room? His arm was fine, but were there limits to even Lionhearts' prowess?

He heard a clank behind, and saw energy blasts coming towards him!

OOC two of the Cyborgs in the room are firing at Saladin, having moved into position. The other is stood behind them. The ones in the corridor act at the end of the round after Saladins remaining two frames. I'll have to use Invisible Castle for the time being until I find an alternative, as I'm stuck on a loco in a power station, queueing to tip my train! 2d10+3+6=27 Hit with 9 Accuracy 45htc -2DD, 2d10+3+6=18 hit with 1 accuracy 5htc with -2DD. Saladin will need an action to activate his forcefield (and it won't help in this case anyway) and it'll soak up 2 frames apiece to dodge the shots. I assume you'll try to dodge the first leaving you with one frame this round to act) and take the second (Lionheart is a tough guy!). Dodge 1d6+10-3=12. That means the target number for the hit roll jumps to 29 and the blast misses!

Saladin moved to the side, his speed incredible to behold! The blast past a hairs breadth away and impacted against the wall. He took another, a glancing blow, and felt his shoulder numb slightly. That meant they were trying to capture, not kill him! He hissed, looking about. Somewhere Bentham would be trying to look in on him...

OOC you have 1 frame, then the three new cyborgs (around 10m away to the south of where you stand in a North/south corridor.)attack. A frame will see Saladin speed off to the north direction and out of sight from the Cyborgs if you wish.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 04 2011, 06:46

Grateful that the team was otherwise ok, Frostbite shouted to Sentinel, "Block the corridor off, Frostbot has given us a means of escape."

With that he helped Mary, toward the panel, indicated by Frostbite's incredible computer and let lady Guillotine go first before helping Mary get in and following her. Frostbite hesitated awaiting Sentinel in case he needed help but indicated that Guillotine, should lead Mary and herself on.

=========

Saladin moved to the side, his speed incredible to behold! The blast past a hairs breadth away and impacted against the wall. He took another, a glancing blow, and felt his shoulder numb slightly. That meant they were trying to capture, not kill him! He hissed, looking about. Somewhere Bentham would be trying to look in on him...

Saladin wanted to make sure that he didn't get trapped, these cyborgs could easily gang up on him and two many attacks could see him whisked away before he had a chance to escape. He had to keep Bentham guessing until he could be sure, he wasn't able to observe him.

One way to go then, turning tail, he silently speed off. He'd gone to quip, but then realised that was King's trait, taunt your enemy. No he wasn't going to let go of his grip so easily.

OOC:

Ok going to run in the opposite direction searching for familiar landmarks that will help me get my bearings. I'm also looking to duck into ducts, (hopefully not small ones like before) so I can get away from the obvious places of convergence.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Oct 04 2011, 22:02

"Dont let them explode? I wasnt aware u 'let' them explode the first time" sentinel sarcastically replied obviously feeling frustrated by the blast.

"Alright then you pile bolts do your worse" he said standing to his feet and egging the cyborgs on, s the cyborgs quicken there pace sentinel blasted the floor in front of them in the hope it would slow the frankin freaks long enough to 'weld' the corridor closed or better yet causing them to fall into the blast hole.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next