The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Empty The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

Post  Admin Mon Mar 04 2013, 22:51

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Silver_Sentinel_title

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Sil_Sentinel_titles_1

The world had gotten faster…

Steve Jenson looked about, apologizing when he bumped into someone and stared up at the streets and buildings around him. It was London, but when did it become so… shiny and glass-like? He blinked. The cars were different – sleek, rounded, all sorts of colours. A complete contrast to the boxy things that he’d driven in the 1940s…

“Ooo you s’posed ta be then?” laughed a youth in a hoodie top and sneering attitude. “Dads Army?” The youths’ friends, around a dozen or so, laughed. It was late afternoon Steve guessed and he’d woken up on the bank of the River Thames, standing up to look across the silhouette of the City he knew so well – except he didn’t know this one at all! It was London in name, but the realization that it was a London over 70 years changed from the one he knew had shocked him.

He'd wandered around in his torn and tattered army fatigues, getting looks and glances – many of them admiring from women thanks to his ripped physique and chiselled movie star looks.

Now stood in Trafalgar square he saw the lights and heard the sounds of a world much changed. He wondered if it were for the better, or worse? He looked back at the youths who were making fun of him. He wondered if they would do so had they seen what he’d seen, lost what he’d lost.

The Dark Power was gone. He’d tried to speak to his friends and gotten only silence. Whatever else he could do – and he’d tested his powers on a manhole cover so he knew he could still command metal – would have to do in this new world he found himself in.

“You a tramp, then?” goaded the youth. “Got no place ta go? Junkie is it? You low lifes always …”

“Ello, Ello? What’s all this then?” said a beat policeman walking up. Steve saw the man wore a vest of some kind over his uniform, and was armed, a pistol holstered at his side. “You lot” he said, addressing the youngsters. “Clear off.”

“It’s a free country! You can’t make us!” spat a young woman with several rings through her nose.

“True, but if you stick around here any longer I’ll do your for loitering with intent. You’ll get let off with a caution but it’ll ruin your afternoon, and that’s for sure. Now piss off.” Spat the cop. He turned to Steve as the youngsters left. “Right then mate. What’s your story? I think you’d better tell me why you…”

“…all units in the vicinity of St Thomas’ Hospital, respond. Code 0, repeat, Code 0”

“Code… Code zero?” spluttered the Policeman. “Control this is 417, responding!” he said into the radio. He turned to Steve, looking at him for a second. “Code Zero” he muttered. “Officer down…” He regained his composure and addressed Steve again, all business. “Right sunshine, this is your lucky day. Clear off! Get yourself down the Sally Army for a change of clothes and a hot drink…” He saw the blank look on Steves’ face and muttered. “Bloody druggies. Here.” And fished out his wallet, pulling out a couple of Ten pound notes. “Go on, hoppit. Number 46 bus over there.”

With that the officer started sprinting across the square, blowing on his whistle for people to make way.

Officer down.

This was a different world. A different time and place. They had laws, ways of doing things. Steve had the majority of his powers, but he’d left the world of his birth because of the fear and paranoia the Vanguards powers had instilled in ordinary people. They didn’t want his help. They didn’t need his help.

Or so they thought.

Steve looked at the money in his hand, unfamiliar with the head of man displayed on it – presumably the monarch - though he knew not who he was. The shape of the money was different, and the fact that the Policeman had casually handed out twenty pounds – a princely sum for sure – suggested money had a different value in this time and place.

He looked about. There were hundreds of people going about their business, including residents of London, tourists and shoppers. Some Japanese tourists were excitedly jabbering away and were gesturing with their camera as they approached him. Clearly they wanted a picture of the local ‘wild life’. He looked down. His uniform was in tatters, colours washed out and clashing with grease and grime.

Then he looked up. There were cars everywhere. Metal. He could feel it, taste it almost. Could he, dare he help, in this land that probably neither wanted or needed a superhero? He didn’t know where his friends were, or even if they were alive, but he knew what they would do in a time like this…

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Sentinel_map

OOC Loads of people around. St Thomas' hospital is the blue dot on the map shown above. Sentinel is at 'A', Trafalgar Square, so not that far away. He knows the Hospital as its been around since 1871 so was familiar to him in his own time. Heck, he might even have been born there in 1920 or so. Or one just like it at any rate. He has no home, nowhere to go and a few quid in his pocket thanks to the kindly Policeman who is running off at his best speed. Sentinel doesn't have his suit on at the minute. If he wants to summon one I'll run through the rules of what you specify when creating the suit. Don't worry, the crunchy bits I'll handle Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

Post  smaug Thu Mar 07 2013, 07:59

Looking about at first he didn't spot anyone then noticed a old weary man with a beard wearing cords and a cardigan, even more ragged clothes then even himself. He was just slumped in a corner, he must have been there the whole time and Steve didn't even noticed no one notice. Steve gave him the money the police man handed him followed by a quick wink for the old man looked in shock almost as if he won the lottery.

"watch this" Steve said with a smirk as he reach out with his powers and like he was winched by somekind of invisible wire he used the metal air con vents that he sensed on top of the building to pull himself skywards.

On top of the cluttered roof top sentinel stood with a hand placed on a steel stairwell door and his other on his hip. Taking in the view of early morning London, this London was different loud, manic and brash.

"A strange version..."

But beathing in the copious amounts of metal, some of which he had never sensed before strange 'alloys' of metal he continued

"but i like it."

The hard and riveted steel door was now gone and so was a now suited up silver sentinel flying in plan sight across London's skyline and making a bee line for the chaos.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

Post  smaug Thu Mar 07 2013, 18:44

At st Thomas's hospital a slightly out of breath police man pushed his way through a increasing crowd of people and lifted the police that was just recently tied.

"What's happened? Who's inside?"

But before a nervous young officer could reply a faint whistle was here for a second before a man of steel dropped down right in front of them both.

"Need a hand officers?" said a tinny deep voice from behind a steel helm.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 09 2013, 06:05

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

OOC Couple of crunchy bits to sort out. When you make a suit first you need to be able to shape the metal... Roll 8,7 (15) Success vs a Steel Bodied door of Body 7. Next, you need to assign it some abilities. Things like Strength, say 9, Skin Armour 5, Flight 9, Body 9. Then you need a roll to see how reliable the suit is, and how long it lasts... Roll 7,4 (11). 7 RAPs (Success). The suit has a Reliability number of 5 (meaning roll 2D10 at the start of the day for this suit. So long as its 6 or more it works ok. If it had Dice actions, lilke an Energy blast you roll for every time, and roll of 5 or less would indicate it doesn't work. Don't worry about that - I'll sort out the crunchy bits.) Checking for the suit: 4,4 (success) for Strength, 10,3 (success for Skin Armour), 6,3 (Success for Flight), 5,7 (success for Body). Finally it lasts for 8 minutes before you need to renew the suit or change it in somehow, or it will turn into liquid metal and ooze onto the floor, then solidify. This is a quirk of the character - normally the power 'fabricate' creates objects from thin air and they vanish when time is up. Sentinel uses metal, and it reverts to liquid metal which solidifies when it doesn't touch him.

Phew! You can also add items to the suit. In this case... Energy Blast Gauntlets 14, Body 12... Roll 9,6 (15) Again 7RAPs (Success). Reliability 5 (meaning if you attack with Energy blast and it rolls 5 or less it conks out). The Body Reliability check is a pass (10,6=16).

It may seem like a lot of fannying about but you can create a suit like Iron Mans with all those extra fiddly bits he adds on, then have extra add ons (up to 15 separate gadgets!) which i will need to keep track of, especially when they revert to liquid metal. Remember he needs a source of metal to work with, but can effectively make that metal much harder than the original (by specifying what Body to use). This is as near as I could work it to Silver Sentinels power in the old game, and I have to admit, bar a little bit of fudging, its close. Well, aside from the fact that the suit reverts to a puddle of metal after a while, but hey, it keeps things interesting!

Silver Sentinel current Gadgets:

Suit (Strength 9, Skin Armour 5, Body 9, Flight 9, R#5 Duration 7 (8 minutes))
Gauntlets (Energy Blast (Blue Plasma) 14, Body 12 R#5, Duration 7 (8 minutes))

BOLD attributes swap for Silver Sentinels, so his Strength improves from 5 to 9

"What the bloody...?" spluttered the Police Officer as Silver Sentinel CLANGED! in front of him! The other officer on the scene was guiding people out of the hospital. Many were panicked, and they were ushered by hospital staff who looked shell shocked!

A nurse came over, clearly distraught. "There's a madman in there!" he spluttered. "Level 8. Room 32 in Carver Wing. The one with the police guard?"

The two Police Officers glanced at each other.

"He shot the Policeman. A man in a trenchcoat, black clothes, huge strange looking pistol! And by shot, I mean turned him into a red stain across the wall! One of the other orderlies ran at him, but the man batted him away like he was weightless! I think... I think he's dead!"

The Police officer who'd just run from Trafalgar Square turned to Silver Sentinel. "Who are you supposed to be? Have any ID on you? We're supposed to liaise with SMITE before dealing with you lot, but until backup gets here, I suspect you're it! But wait! Before you rush off and do what you do... I suppose there's not much I can do to stop you, but think that it might be a hostage situation up there! We don't know who was being guarded in that room or why!"

The Nurse pulled a guilty face and looked nervous. "Uh, it might be ... a uh, super heroine. She was injured and I, uh, couldn't help sneak a peek at her chart. Not every day you see a... uh..."

The Policeman turned to Sentinel. "Look... we're not set up to deal with this sort of thing. You need to wait here until the proper authorities arrive! And we need to get everyone out of the hospital! You there!" he shouted to several orderlies "Don't just stand there, help get everyone to safety!"

Sentinel looked up at the towering Hospital building...

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" BR_St_Thomas_Hospital_630x400

As far as he could tell, a nutcase with a strange gun had gone in, shot up a Policeman and battered an Orderly and was making for an injured Super Heroine! On top of that there would be patients who couldn't be moved, staff who wouldn't leave their charges and panic as lifts were jammed up and people crowding the stairwells! A right old mess then!

OOC So far a minute has passed since gathering his equipment.

Suit 6 mins
Gauntlets 6 mins
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Mar 09 2013, 08:01

"I don't mean to tell you how to do your job or how important those people are just try to move who you can and I'll try to buy you some time......oh by the way officer i gave that £20 to someone more in need i hope you don't mind?" sentinel asked as the bobby's face dropped even more.

OOC: Okay the plan is to fly up to the window, if he spots me hopefully I'll draw his fire or he'll give chase but if he hasn't spotted me (can't believe i'm going to say this but.....) blast him in the back, i know not really spiderman heroic but this is sentinel and he has seen soon crazy f**k up stuff in his life. I'm betting its not going to kill the villain anyway then whatever happens relocate on the nearest stairwell as hopefully that should reduce collateral damage and resuit with the same kind of set up as blasters will only be my primary attack as i want to see what this punk has got hand to hand.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 10 2013, 23:45

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

BOLD attributes swap for Silver Sentinels, so his Strength improves from 5 to 9[/i]

OOC Gadget duration:
Suit 6 mins
Gauntlets 6 mins

"What?" spluttered the Policeman as he digested the comment about the twenty quid. The Policemans' follow up comment was drowned out by the hum of jet boots as Silver Sentinel took to the air and in a moment had counted eight floors. Of course the room in question wasn't immediately obvious - the windows were covered with blinds across the height and width of the hospital...

That meant having to go inside the place, unless he wanted to start blowing holes in the windows or walls of the hospital. Though he was unfamiliar with the way of doing things in this 21st Century, he was reasonably sure he would be considered a bad guy for shooting up a hospital!

OOC Options:

1) The heck with it charge through a window or a wall anyway
2) find a door (at ground level) or perhaps at roof level, and go in
3) conjure up another gadget out of metal, one to scan for signs of life perhaps
4) wait till backup arrives and liaise with them - after all charging in might be disastrous. Anyone who attacks someone in Hospital - and that someone is an injured superhuman - has to have a plan. What that might be is unknown, and not knowing might cost lives...
5) Something else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Mar 11 2013, 07:59

Sentinel quickly scanned the area of the 8th level and noticed a window open on one of the small balcony. Being semi cautious but understanding time was of the essence he ducked his head inside, it was empty but he could hear screams from down the hall followed by people running.

"must be the right place. Time for a different change of attire."

The collected hero willed the now failing metal suit and formed a new one out of the chrome railings of the beds and strencher's but before he left the deserted room he spotted a scanner of some sort used for checking vital stats.

'hmm i wonder, if it can be boasted to find life forms too?'

OOC: Good idea Paul, well worth a try and maybe i can get the upper hand on this scum rip through the wall behind him and get an attack of op

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 12 2013, 23:58

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

BOLD attributes swap for Silver Sentinels, so his Strength improves from 5 to 9[/i]

OOC Gadget duration:
Suit 6 mins
Gauntlets 6 mins

OOC You still have plenty of time - minutes - before the suit reverts to oozing liquid and reforms at your feet as a pile of molten metal that has cooled, so there's no point in creating another unless you want to change things. In the meantime you can - easily - add to it with a handheld scanner to detect life forms. That was why I added Genius to the character sheet. Sentinel doesn't know how the stuff works - he's from the 1940s - but somewhere in his brain there is a section that does, so all he has to do is come up with a rough idea of what he wants and his power will do the rest.

Gadget - life detector. 14APs life Sense. 13APs Body. EDIT: 11APs duration R#1

2d10 → [10,7] = (17) for metal Manipulation. Success.

Roll 2d10 → [7,7] = (14) DOUBLE plus 2d10 → [5,8] = (13).27 total. Success, 11RAPs. That means it lasts for 2 hours (11APs of time) and is nigh on completely reliable (R#1). You can sacrifice reliability (make it less reliable) to make the gadget last longer but in this case there's no point.

Silver Sentinel looked at the monitors in the empty room of the Hospital and had an idea. Gesturing to the metal bedpost and a framehe watched it flow to his hands and reform from a shapeless liquid mass into a armlet that locked in place on his wrist, further morphing into a smooth gadget that interfaced with his helmet to provide a readout of the Life Signs on the floor of the Hospital.

OOC Detecting people who don't mind being detected is automatic. Detecting those who do not is a Dice action. 2d10 → [9,10] = (19) Success (even with a penalty to detect a specific living being he's never encountered before)

Sentinel turned slowly, the chrome helmet of a metal that would be regarded as a marvel to modern day science reflecting the contents of the room and coming to rest whilst facing the far wall next to the door. Inside that helmet a small heads up display shimmered into life across one of the eye sockets and showed twenty nine red dots - life signs - on the 8th floor. Two wished to remain hidden, because they showed faint, pink. He specifically targeted the one of those that was moving - the injured superheroine would be bedridden Sentinel assumed.

31m Due north east through several walls.

Gotcha.

The other life signs - hospital staff, patients and the like - were moving for the most part but it seemed clear some couldn't, or wouldn't be moved. That presented a problem. Any direct route smashing through the intervening walls to get at this guy might injure them, so maybe the softly softly approach was required... unless Sentinel threw caution to the wind.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Mar 13 2013, 07:28

"Blast" he said out loud. 'There's more than one way to skin a cat.'

Sentinel couldnt help wondering what was the range of his metal manipulation powers without his dark prince, could he transform objects at a distance or did he still need touch? So he tested his powers on a locked steel dark from the other side of the large room and discovered a dusty pair of overalls and a old mop and well used bucket.

OOC: Cue bad guy scene but interrupted by a janitor with a squeaky wheels mop and bucket (underneath his overalls a blaster gauntlet and a reinforced steel chest plate). If Steve can still as his powers at any range the metal bucket on wheels could be a weapon or a distraction as there are other lovely metal sources in the room.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 14 2013, 23:20

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

Gadget duration:
Suit 6 mins
Gauntlets 6 mins

OOC Power range? Attraction/Repulsion (Metal) & Magnetic control range is 2 miles. Metal manipulation is 'only' half a mile. In theory his fabricate (metal objects) works up to 56 miles away, but I'm not quite sure how he'd handle that. "I need a new Silver Sentinel suit! Ta da! Oh damn. Now I need to catch a bus to travel the 56 miles in order to pick up my suit" or some such. Besides that he needs to make a metal manipulation check on existing metal so he's effectively 1/2 a mile range. He could, for example, affect the metal in his apartment and have a suit standing ready for him to climb into, in theory.

Sentinel took his helmet and gauntlets (which gave his energy blast) off.

There was no easy way to disguise them, though he could... With a shrug he stashed them in the trolley with the cleaning products and tunelessly whistled a Glenn Miller tune as he made a vague attempt to look like he was mopping here and there.

Moving up to the door he could sense the metal inside... unfortunately there was something else going on too.

A man in a black trenchcoat and wearing what looked to be like a hockey mask was stood next to the bed where a woman was hooked up to pipes and tubes, with monitoring machines bleeping away. The large gun in his hand looked to be made out of something other than metal, though Steve wasn't sure why (OOC no metal detectors in 1940. Here? Loads.)

Suddenly the man turned, looking through the window in the door.

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Hockey

"Who the **** are you, punk?" he rasped. Sounded like he had a sore throat, or maybe it had been injured at some point. "Get lost, or I'll strap a bomb to you like the rest of those losers..."

Silver Sentinel was taken aback. Strap a bomb... rest of? Rest of who? Who had a bomb strapped to them? Who WAS this guy? Was this the way modern bad guys acted? Hide behind a human shield to get their dirty work done? And what was he doing to the woman in the bed? She was bandaged up so that it was impossible to make out her facial features, and looked to have been badly injured with a leg in cast and arm heavily bandaged, as if she'd been burnt.

The man suddenly whipped the pistol round. One heartbeat before it had been pointing at the woman, now it was pointing at Steve, through the door! How... how could he move so fast? He was instantly reminded of Lionheart, and knew that if this guy moved THAT fast he might be in trouble!

"3...2... I don't get paid for offing assholes but I'm telling you right now, loser, get lost or get ventilated. Your call." he growled.

Sentinel noticed the hand of the woman on the bed curled slowly into a fist...

OOC This is a DANGEROUS situation here. Sentinels' naivety might be disastrous, if not for him then *maybe* for others, unless the guy is bluffing...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:52

'That gun maybe not be made of any metal i can control but i bet those bombs are well at least some of its components'

"Sooo rrry mister" sentinel said with his arms raised stalling for time as he reached out with his mind to probe the bombs that were out of visual sight but he could sense were around the necks of at least a dozen people bound and gagged along the edges of the room.

"plllease don't hurt me.....oh god pllleaseee....i have kids man (a phrase he just recently picked up from the two colourful youths in hoods).....please."

'great now his full attention is on me'

The giant of a man pulled out a detonator and waved it like a toy teasing sentinel.

"IM NOT FUCKING JOKING" he shouted with a raspy voice as he approached the ward door.

OOC: Hero points on for this one, fire the metal door knob at Mike at the same time as the bed rails wrap around his arms and throat from behind as im assuming that a door knob even at stupid speeds and now spiked won't do squat. That should give me time to suit up and get in there but if a female super hero comes round that would be sweet too

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 17 2013, 00:08

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

OOC Aha, but I didn't say the hostages would be in the room... look instead to those scattered through the hospital or amongst those who evacuated the place... and think of what the trigger might be. Sentinel is from a time when a detonator would be a box with a plunger on the top and the words 'ACME' on the side...

Sentinel reached out with his mind. There was so much metal in the building it was difficult to figure out what could be a bomb...

OOC 2d10 → [2,1] = (3). Failure! Oh dear.

Sentinel looked around... damn! There was too much metal for him to figure out which components could be bombs! They could be in the hospital, amongst those who had been evacuated... planted on those who could not leave...

Sentinel put on his 'petrified man' act and the fellow in the hockey mask chuckled, though the humour was missing from the sound. "Right. You've had your fun. Time for mine."

OOC He fires at Silver Sentinel! 2d10 → [9,1] = (10) Hit. Against 15RV though, he was going to struggle, even if the gun is nothing resembling 'normal'

A blinding beam of energy flashed from the gun, punched through the door and into Silver Sentinels chest, where it made a CLANG! sound...

"What the &*^%!" spluttered the fellow as he saw Sentinel stand there and look down with a tattered overall showing a circle in the middle and the silver/chrome suit underneath! "WHO ARE YOU!" he snarled and took aim again!

Suddenly the woman in the bed screamed "DON'T! HE HAS A DETONATOR ATTACHED TO HIS PULSE RATE!"

Whatever the heck that meant. Sentinel found it hard to adapt to this brave new world, but figured the brave 'dame' in the bed might have a point. If he took this guy down, would those bombs he mentioned go off?

OOC Initiative... Sentinel Roll 7 + 19 =26. Headcase Roll 3 + 21 = 24. Sentinel goes first. Whenever you make a Dice action (like your attempt to find the bombs last round) it takes up your chance to attack, so be careful how you use your actions. You have 3 actions possible in a round. One can be a Dice action and One can be a movement action. Any or all can be Automatic actions, of the type where no dice or movement are involved (i.e. everything else).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Mar 17 2013, 11:27

OOC: Acme that's about right lol.

IC: 'Dam this chap is quick' sentinel thought as he hit round the corner gathering himself and replaning. He couldn't take another shot like that and no doubt the guy would be hot on his heels in seconds as he looked pretty miffed, his only chance would be to cocoon him or restrain him.

Sentinel could smell the metal in the room so clearly as if he had sonar. Quickly he willed all the rails, ducts even the blinds to swarm the enraged madman at once. (OOC: As this is key to keeping the hostages alive maybe some hero points wouldn't go a miss)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 19 2013, 00:43

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

OOC You only have 4 hero points so I suggest you hang onto them for the more dire emergency - like staying alive so you can save the aforementioned hostages if it all goes pear shaped...

Ducking behind the corner Sentinel realized his helmet wasn't on (still in the cleaning cart). If this guy was a good shot he could easily shoot Steve Jenson in the head!

From behind the corner he summoned up his ability to control metal. Whatever process had seen fit to transport him - and hopefully his team mates, wherever they were - here had made his powers more potent! He wondered if it would be enough...

OOC Attack using Magnetic Control to attack the bad guy. Roll 2d10 → [7,6] = (13) Success. 7RAPs damage.

"Arggggh! Get off! Get the **** off! What is this??? Is it you, B****?" screamed the man inside the room as all manner of metal objects pelted him and lashed at him! Without line of sight it would be impossible to restrain the fellow but Sentinel had definitely injured him!

"Right you B******s! You asked fer this!" he screamed.

Somewhere in the hospital there were loud BANGS! and not just there - outside, in the elevator, it seemed this nut case had targeted a number of people! Alive, dead? Who knew? All Sentinel knew was that the madman in the room had detonated a dozen or so bombs remotely and that there may be dead or injured people lying about the place!

"TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!" he screamed. Sentinel presumed he was referring to the woman in the hospital bed. He suspected that she would be the masked madmans next victim!

OOC Headcase has set a number of explosions off. They aren't the type to shake buildings or blow up cars, but will have seriously injured or killed someone, Sentinel figures. Sentinel wins initiative for next round. Remember your helmet!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Mar 19 2013, 20:05

On the sound of the explosions sentinel snapped thinking the worst.

'Right the gloves are off' he thought flinging himself round the corner as his pre made helmet fired out of the janitors cleaning cart forming around his head as he ran and as he pulled his dry and cracked fist back to line up a running punch steel strips connect and form a heavily armoured pair of gauntlets roughly twice the size of his own fists. (OOC: like space marines power fist). The hammer like fist was fully formed only millimeters away from its target which was the back of the blood shot eyed madman until he turn his head with break neck speed.

OOC: Sod it innocents are down so flat out attack, no more pussy footing around sentinel is gonna do what he does best......prob get his ass kicked. I tried to save them, was it a bad roll?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 21 2013, 00:59

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

OOC You'd be using your attack for this round AND the next round by altering your gloves, so if you're not ok with that and would rather take this guy out straight away (or try to) then read on. Otherwise it will give him chance to regroup as you grab some metal then form it into a big pair of metal oven mitts (well, they are, let's face it Razz ) A far better option for you is to use your energy blasting gauntlets. They are deadly accurate, have a range that requires you use binoculars to see your potential furthest target and will comfortably flatten a tank. If that is the case, and you are ok with that... Roll 7,3 (10) Hit, 7RAPs damage. The guy staggers, but soaks it up with 'last Ditch Defence'. Your previous roll wasn't bad, far from it, but this guy is pretty much bulletproof so won't go down straight away.

Sentinel jumped round the corner, levelled his hands at the madmen holding a pistol to the helpless womans head and fires! At this range he couldn't miss, and doesn't...

POW!!!!

Blue energy smacks into the guy, spinning him around... He must be made of pretty solid stuff as he staggers, rolls his neck and looks at Sentinel. "You're gonna pay for that! But I don't get paid to fight idiots like you, so I'll do it on MY terms at a time of MY choosing! They don't call me headcase for nothing!"

With that there was a bright flash! Sentinel covered his eyes then looked... the man was gone!

The woman in the bed sagged back, coughing, then looked at Sentinel. "Who are you supposed to be?" she croaked.

OOC Headcase is gone. How, you're not sure, but it was a one sided contest in a straight up fight. He's an assassin, not a warrior, and able to get in anywhere, fast, drop a couple of ceramic bombs where he needs to and get out before they go off. Makes him the best at what he does - in this game world - but he'd be daft to stick around and duke it out with you. You've made an enemy though - the first of your rogues gallery?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Mar 21 2013, 17:41

"Im .....Im not from around here...well not anymore" he added in a quiet voice.
"Are you okay, i think you should be resting and telling me more about his 'headcase' and where do you think he held the hostages....thats if there's any still left breathing".

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 27 2013, 02:51

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

The woman looked Sentinel up and down, then spoke up "To be honest, it doesn't matter who you are. You saved my life."

"I am..." she frowned, as if unsure how much to say to Sentinel. Then she changed tack, and said something different to what she was about to say, or so it seemed. "I'm in danger here. Someone - probably one of the hospital staff - has tipped off the newspapers or even a criminal organisation and I'm a threat to this hospital and anyone nearby. That psychopath wanted certain information from me that would have placed friends of mine in danger. No way was he getting it but..." She looked out of the window of her room at the mess in the corridor where damage was evident. "I need to get out of here. Can you..." she grunted, sitting up "Turn round whilst I get dressed and then I'll need another favour. There's nothing we can do about Headcase. You beat him fair and square, but he'll be back, so the best thing for me to do is leave."

"As for the hostages, they might be safe. You see his power works by charging up objects and they go off after a certain length of time or if he wills it. In any case, he has a limited range, so if he's out of that range the objects become inert and in this case that means the ceramic beads that are his calling card are just that, instead of deadly bombs that he slips into peoples pockets! He's a killer, a mercenary, and a danger to anyone near him. I wish I hadn't been dropped off at the Hospital but my friends must have had no choice. I was ..." she looked again at Sentinel and sighed. "I can't tell you any more."

She got out of bed in the white smock and Sentinel saw she was bandaged all over, not just on her head. She'd clearly been in some kind of accident or perhaps, a battle of some kind, whoever she was. He could understand her protecting a secret identity and it must have been heartbreaking for her - if she was indeed a superheroine - to have innocents used against her as leverage. She dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, grunting with pain as her injuries bothered her, but not crying out. "At least they had the sense to change me out of uniform before they dropped me off." She turned to Sentinel and peeled off some of the bandages on her face. Despite the purple bruises, cuts and split lip, she was quite beautiful, and could easily be a model of some kind, or movie star. "I need a lift. You've already been my knight in shining armour once, so I'll understand if you feel I'm pushing my luck, but I really need to get out of here before the Police turn up and start asking questions. Then, maybe, I can contact my friends and we'll take things from there."

"As for who you are and where you're from? Well, I guess we all have our secrets." she grinned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Mar 28 2013, 21:47

"Its not where i come from" sentinel replied "but when."

Word must of spread that headcase had pulled a disappearing act or the police were getting restless because they were entering the building now and hard too with a heavily armoured SWAT team spearheading the assault.

Steve stood in the balcony door way with his arm stretched.

"Who am i to say no to a lady"

"Out the window? Your crazier than i thought......"

"DON'T MOVE AND DROP YOUR WEAPON" Shouted the police as they busted in the door and pointing at sentinels blaster. A police officer worked his way forward trying to make the SWAT team lower their weapons.

Grabbing the young but badly beaten woman sentinel hovered a couple of feet off the ground

"I'll stay in touch" Steve said looking the officer in the eye seconds before launching the two supers into the crisp sky.

After a couple of minutes when he was sure they were safe Steve asked

"Where are we going?"

"We?" replied the shocked woman

"I'm not leaving you like this, home isn't safe so i presume you have a safe house or HQ.......are there more of you in this
London?"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 30 2013, 01:32

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

"That way" said the woman, pointing across London. "And if you see any press helicopters or cameras of any kind, stay hidden."

"In fact, stay high. Too many camera phones. We'll be on youtube in moments!"

Sentinel wasn't quite sure what a 'youtube' was but soared high and fast, then zoomed down to the apartment block overlooking a park. At the ladies request they landed on the roof and she grunted as she took the weight on her own two feet. She paused, considering the man in the metal suit who had undoubtedly saved her. Even so her natural wariness took over. "Wait here" she asked of him, and moved to the edge of the roof, dropping off it!

Sentinel sprinted across the flat rooftop, reaching to grasp hold of the railing and expecting to see the woman splattered across the floor some six stories down...

But she was gone!

But... but how? If she had that power surely she could've used it to save herself? Sentinel turned and shook his head. This place... he looked out over the vast teeming metropolis of London. He knew London of old, but the blitz had left an indelible image in his mind of what London should look like. This place was a mixture of steel and glass, brick, stone and everything in between. Old, very old, and new. He watched as people walked dogs in the park, heard the odd distant siren, saw cars of futuristic design flow past, quickly, silently, smoothly compared to the jalopies of yesteryear! The world had gotten faster and...

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Scourge

A black clad figure stepped from the shadows of the roof - Sentinel could have sworn there was nothing there a moment before!

"Headcase made a mistake when he tracked me down." she rasped. Even the voice was different! How...?

The woman held up a tiny sphere between two fingers. "One of Headcases' trinkets. I know someone who can figure out how to track this back to that psychopaths DNA signature. You're welcome to come along for the ride, but I must warn you - despite your power and the fact you already helped me I'm betting my crossbow can punch through that armour of yours. My friend is quite the inventor. Don't get any funny ideas about crossing me, or you'll find out why the criminal scum of this city call me Scourge."

Suddenly Sentinel felt his suit vibrating, and knew it's time was almost up! He could try and renew the molecular bonds or reconfigure the suit to give him different abilities, or simply let it lapse into a pool of metal that would solidify on the floor...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Mar 30 2013, 08:27

"As long as you are on the right side of good you will never have to fear me madam and I will gladly help you find this headache. I do not doubt your powers or wish to pit myself against you, you have shown me a great level of trust so allow me to extend the same grace".

Sentinel powered down his suit until it was nothing but a steaming pile of molten on the floor. He then stepped forward still in his ragged 1940s military uniform with an outstretched arm.

"Private Steven jenson vanguard of his majestys government codename silver sentinel miss???"

OOC: Just to show her i mean well......like a bolt from that crossbow can take down sentinel huh, it would melt before it even left her weapon

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 02 2013, 01:57

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

No suit or weapons in effect

The woman looked up and down at the tatters of Steves' uniform. "That's from, what, World War II? Who are you really?" she asked, raising the weapon and ignoring the outstretched hand.

"And you say your name is Silver Sentinel? Don't move, and keep quiet."

She touched a finger to her ear. "Wandafar. It's me. I have someone, a name, for you to look up. Steve Jenson. Vanguard. Silver Sentinel. Servant of HIS majesties government. He's stood in front of me and wearing what looks to be an authentic world war II uniform."

Steve looked about. He couldn't see anyone else and had to assume the woman was using an earpiece like that which the Vanguard had used thanks to P'utinarian technology. He wasn't sure who or what a Wandafar was though.

Scourge listened for a few seconds then nodded. "Right. Have him pick us up in fifteen minutes, top of the Baker Street tower."

She looked at Steve. "A friend of mine will be meeting us. The man I spoke to is a genius. He can cook up a machine to track Headcase through one of his baubles and will verify who you are too. He's a superhuman as well, so don't get any funny ideas!"

OOC Go with Scourge to this meeting, or forge your own path? What are you going to do with regards a suit or weapon? They are simply solidified mounds of scrap metal now at your feet on the rooftop.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Apr 06 2013, 09:04

"Miss please, where has the hostility come from? If i couldn't be trusted why did you take such a risk when I rescued you and we flew over the roof tops, i could of surly dropped you then. Look i just want to help and in turn hopefully i can find my friends, does no one do the right thing anymore, can no be trusted? In my day we took everyone for face valve, we could leave our houses unlock even our doors open and......"

"Enough old man" shouted the woman taking the safety off her weapon. "Will you come quietly because you are going ether way?"

"Of course and the word you are looking for is please"

(OOC: No suit, yet anyway, I'll suit up if there's any danger assuming the pick up vehicle is made of metal and there will be metal at the other end)

After a few minutes of scourge still training her crossbow at sentinel who was now sitting on top of a air con unit he politely asked

"Have you heard of any other vanguards and what of 'supers', i mean I've only been hear 5 minutes and I've stumbled on at least two, are abilities common place these days?"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 09 2013, 01:19

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

Scourge considered the question for a moment.

They'd spent ten minutes or so heading to Baker Street, and stood on the top of one of the tallest buildings there.

"You're a good liar or have been living under a rock for the last few years - or perhaps you DO come from a different time" she muttered. "A few years ago the British Government outlawed superheroes. The bad guys had a field day. The Government clamped down on the press and basically set hero against hero whilst criminals and scumbags got away with murder - literally. Aside from a small group of people I'd trust with my life? There's no one I trust. I find it's best that way because it keeps you alive. Headcase tracked me down because someone I thought was a friend must have betrayed me. I intend to repay that 'friend' but first I need to catch Headcase."

Scourge paused then, and turned slowly, deliberately. "You can come out now Yeoman. I knew when you'd arrived. A herd of elephants would make less noise."

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" Yeoman

"No flies on you Scourge!" chuckled the newcomer. He hovered in the air waiting in the shadows of an adjoining building. He appraised Steve then nodded, friendly. "Nice to meet you. I'm Yeoman. You met Scourge. She's friendlier than she looks, but that's not hard.Don't stand too close or you'll catch frostbite off her!"

At the mention of the name Steves face changed from smile to serious.

"Something I said?" asked Yeoman. Then he, too, frowned. "Knew a guy called Frostbite once. Few years ago, when all the trouble was going on. He was new at the game but had potential. Then something happened, and he and his mates were ... 'amped up' so to speak. I'm talking SERIOUSLY powerful, Adjutant level, maybe higher." He landed softly on the roof. "They were good lads. All gone now. I don't know where, but maybe they are better off out of this mess. No one trusts anyone anymore. No one has forgotten what the UKChampions did - treating us like criminals and forcing most of us into hiding or retirement. They hid behind the official line from the government and the press, which were just as bad at the time. When the press turned on 'em they did some back stage messin' about to keep 'em quiet if you know what I mean. When it was all sorted out and sanity restored, Government hoped everyone would forget what went on. Cost them the general election, and good riddance."

Scourge spoke "The new lot are as bad, but they don't make much noise about it. We have ..." she glanced at Sentinel "Friends on the inside though. Enough chatter Yeoman. I owe this man. I also need Wandafar to find out what he can from this."

She held up the ceramic bead.

"One of Headcases? See that's what I'm on about. When fruitcakes like that laugh on the sidelines cause the cops are shooting at good guys, then he blows people up and WE get blamed because we didn't stop him? Makes you wonder why you bother." said Yeoman.

"You didn't. You gave up for a while." hissed Scourge.

"Well I have a life away from the theatrics darlin' unlike you. We can't all be..." he clammed up with a glance at Steve. "Sorry chum, but trust is earned. Let's see what Wandafar has to say. How are you with the cold? Only asking cause I will fly us to meet our friend. Plus... and sorry about this ... I'm going to have to put a hood on your head. We like our privacy - it means we don't have to be watching out 24/7 for bad guys or government types. The law might have changed, but we *think* there may be people in Parliament who still hold a grudge. Powerful people, who are well connected."

"Have you heard from her?" asked Scourge. "I think she tipped Headcase off about me."

"Light Dancer? She's no traitor. No way!" bellowed Yeoman. "She would never... no, I can't believe it. And no, I don't know where she is. No one does."

The silence that followed suggested this Light Dancer person was as much a priority to find as Headcase.

Yeoman sighed and turned to Steve. "So, you need to wrap up and wear a hood. Alright with that? If not, you ain't meeting our friend."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Apr 10 2013, 17:40

OOC: Would sentinel know of yeoman from any files or anything? Im guessing possible future events were prob the highest level of security as it could effect the time line.

IC: "I understand" sentinel replied signaling the black bag to be pulled over his head.

Steve didn't know where he was after a few minutes all he knew was yeoman was still somewhere nearby.

"Er Yeoman was it?" said sentinel to the darkness of the hood.
"How well did you know Jo?"

OOC: Just seeing if he knew frosty before we get to the destination, then i could reassure him that he is still alive....somewhere.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next