The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

Post  smaug Fri Feb 04 2011, 20:53

OOC:Sorry mate I didnt get the picture.

IC:"Im not a monster old boy, I couldnt just let you chaps drown after all Im the one who destroyed your lovely abode."

Steve said fishing for time trying to get some distance away from the fuel. Hoping the Nazis wouldnt noice the smell of raw fuel vapours slowly entering the corridor Steve was interacting with the Nazi with his hands in the air in the surrender pose, keeping his energy blast ability quiet ...............for now.

"So what are you doing down here? Scientific research? Fishing maybe?

OOC:Just playing it out for a minute to see what this german is going to do next. If the shit hits the fan hopefully I can ignite the fuel causing a distraction and taking some gerrys with it (with a bit of luck not killing myself, no guts no glory) How far is it to the nearest hatch (might want to contain the fire or run like a little girl)

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1

Post  Admin Sun Feb 06 2011, 21:24

Codename: Silver Sentinel
alias Steve Jenson

OOC Apologies for the delay in posting. Currently sending from a sidings in sunny (ok, not so sunny... Redcar, in the North East. Makes a change actually - it's normally honking down with rain when I come up here).

The Nazi smiled, looked at the escape pod. "It appears you hef destroyed one of the vessels we provide thermal energy for." he watched for sign of confusion, but there was nothing to be read from the cold metallic dome helmet. "We harvest thermal energy from ze Earths core and ze ship you downed takes zat energy und is making a base for us to invade from. You may think me foolish for providing our plen, but you vill never leave here alive!"

OOC 1d20+14=31 Nazi, 1d20+12=19 Silver Sentinel. Ouch.

As Silver Sentinel listed to the Nazi he suddenly saw the mans eyes glow blue, but other than that little else seemed to happen! "Do you feell... a little sluggish?" enquired the Nazi? "I hef taken kinetic energy from your mass und hef edded it to my own"

Suddenly he was gone, and Silver Sentinel felt a tap on his metal clad shoulder! He turned to see what had happened... or tried to! Every movement appeared to be happening in slow motion! It felt like his mind, his body, were immersed in treacle! he was glad he'd quietly moved away from the leaking fuel whilst the Nazi had been yapping, but now he feared for his ability to fight back! The Nazi, in comparison, seemed supercharged with energy!

"Vatisthatsmell?Itstinkslikeaviationfuel?Istheresomekindofleakaroundhere?Youmen!Checkoutwherezetsmelliscomingfrom!" the nazi said, twitching about as he moved!

Meanwhile Steve's actions were in slow motion!

OOC The Nazi, codenamed Kinetix, has nicked two of Steves four frames! He now acts with 5 frames (up from his normal three) and has gained the power of super speed. Steve has only two frames to act (it takes two to use his energy blast, but whether you want to do that with the fuel nearby is up to you...). Steve can see a door set into a wall past a group of Nazi soldiers up ahead, or the corridor winding round and through this large undersea complex. You have 2 frames to act. Kinetix has used two, but has three remaining after you've acted!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Feb 06 2011, 21:51

OOC: Idont know if you have seen this or it interests you but ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXe8Mw4u1A

IC:"What the bloody hell is going on?" Steve said dismayed. 'Ok hes noiced the fuel, I may not get another chance at this and I might slow that bozo in the process'

OCC:Im aiming at the Nazi group thats checking out where the smell is coming from. If I use quick blast is that still two frames because I want to get as much distance as possible from the fire Im about to start (hopefully).

IC:"Wana play it like that then do ya"

'here goes nothing' the would be hero thought to himself as he raised his aching palms and fired the molten plasma into the shimmering fuel vapours. If only the Nazis could see Steve wincing through his helm as he prayed for good luck

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07 2011, 22:58

alias Steve Jenson

OOC Nice trailer, and the people behind the game gave us City of Heroes a few years back. I played that one for about a year, but gave up due to the interminable grind of those things. Then I played World of Warcraft, and gave that up because of the interminable grind. Before that, back in the midst of time when dial up cost £40 a month plus a phone bill of £50 a month (mid nineties, compuserve...) I played Ultima Online, chopping trees and killing chickens. I gave that up because of the interminable.. etc. I like the idea of MMORPGs, but they aren't RPGs as I know 'em. It's an online game where you get to meet people and game together - I was doing that for years in a Mechwarrior 4 clan called UKMercs. Ah, fun and games. Then I got old, married, family, job, etc etc Smile

Silver Sentinel turned, and started to run towards the far group of Nazi soldiers who levelled guns at him!

"Hahahaha! Cow...ard?" yelled the Nazi metahuman. He watched the plasma bolt zip past him...

THWOOOM!!!!

The undersea base was rocked by a large explosion that ripped apart a service corridor running around the perimeter of the place. In that corridor, Silver Sentinel climbed to his feet and looked back as he saw the loch pounding in, crashing freezing cold water down on those in the corridor and flooding towards him! This was it! No way he could swim in this armour! It would fill up with water, and he'd drown! No time to...

SWISH! CLANG!

A door dropped from the ceiling inches from his face, sealing the gap automatically! He looked down, water sloshing around his feet and about. He was still in a corridor running around the large base but could go only one way now. The corridor stretched onwards with red flashing lights along its length, and a klaxon ringing out in alarm!

=========

"Zere is an unknown metahuman in metal armour running about ze place. I barely got out in time when he exploded the corridor"

Said Kinetix over the comm panel. He was exhausted, drenched, bruised, but alive, on the other side of the corridor with a 100m gap between him and where Silver Sentinel stood. All the soldiers in the corridor had drowned, but they were of no consequence. He felt his speed slip away - the target was well out of range. "I vill help in ze search for zis man. He knows too much." said Kinetix with a hint of worry in his voice...

=========

Silver Sentinel found himself moving normally...

The place was like a half submerged ball on the base of the loch with a round donut ring running around it with with spherical modules running off the ring, and corridors joining the main hub to the ring and the outer spheres. The Sentinel came to a junction in the corridor. There was a route heading off to the left at 90 degrees heading towards the main hub, a long corridor with a few doors set in the walls, or he could continue moving around the main circling ring, possibly to find some vehicle that he could use to get to the surface! The alarm still rang out, so it was only a matter of time before he was found!

OOC Silver Sentinel is back to his normal 4 frames...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 07 2011, 23:33

OOC:Ok I need to take out this base to stop them making that invading base
"We harvest thermal energy from ze Earths core and ze ship you downed takes zat energy und is making a base for us to invade from"
and not make this personal against that speed freak

IC:
I vill help in ze search for zis man. He knows too much."

"Lets see how fast you are my friend when your under a hundred tonnes of water" Steve said allowed as if
Kinetix could hear him.

'Right I need to stop this harvesting of thermal energy, Im no nuclear scientist but there must be a reactor or something about ...hmmmmm proberly in the main hub oh yeah and proberly behind several dozen Nazis'

Idea "Theres gotta be a vessel here somewhere" Steve exclamed running forwards around the outer circle of the underwater base searching for some kind of dock.

OOC:If I can find a vehicle with weapons I would like to atempt to shoot the reactor from the outside. A bit cowardly I know but Im playing Steve as a military type and I dont think he would just run into a room with Nazis pointing there weapons at him. He needs a upper hand tactically. If I cant find a vehicle with weapons I'll head toward the reactor room like an unstopable ..........sentinel. Super strengh would be really handy right now

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09 2011, 00:26

alias Steve Jenson

The metal clad man clanked his way through the corridor, alarm blaring all about him. Every now and then a thick glass window would afford a view of the outside of the base, lit up in red now to signify the alert status. It was there he caught a glimpse at an angle of something that gave him hope! A submarine parked up against the outer ring of the base! The sub looked tiny in comparison, but would have torpedoes that should do the trick! Whilst Silver Sentinel couldn't pilot a submarine, he could perhaps rig the torpedoes to blow, or force any crew aboard to do the driving for him!

He sped up, then had to slow down. Clearly someone had a way of tracking him! The door in front had slammed down, sealed! As Steve sized it up for an energy blast, the section of corridor behind him sealed with a slamming door from the ceiling! Uh oh! What now?

Suddenly, in the air beside him, a shimmering form appeared. Every few heartbeats it seemed to flicker, as if being projected in some way (OOC a hologram)

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #1 - Page 3 23ww7m

"Greetings Earthling. You have proven yourself both resourceful and troublesome. You will surrender, and deactivate your superhuman powers. Now. Non compliance is not an option." growled the Salamander like creature from inside the helmet.

The picture/hologram winked out!

Silver Sentinel glanced about. He was in a section of corridor with no doors leading off around 20m long with a thick heavy metal door sealing either end. There were no windows in this section but he felt sure the Submarine was only 50m away or so around the corridor past this metal door...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Feb 09 2011, 19:28

OOC:Nice picture. I only mentioned super strengh because I knew the SS (silver sentinel not the Nazi SS) couldnt understand german controls or pilot the vessel and I wanted him to do something crazier than that, pick up a torpedo and throw it into the room I thought a reactor and half a german army would be in while saying a witty line, one James Bond would be proud of.

IC:"Let me get this right" Steve said to all four walls knowing that there would obviously be at least one speaker in the corridor.

"You, presumably an allied kin to the Nazis, a people who gas innocents and destroy all in there wake, want me to just surrender my arms and after I've destroyed your alien craft. Do you really think I beleve you wont kill me if I surrender???????????????"

"Thats no fun and I think you are forgetting one important factor here" Steve said placing a hand on the steel door in front of him

"Im British" he said proudly as the heavily riveted door melted through "We never surrender"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 11 2011, 13:47

alias Steve Jenson

The alien watched on a screen with the Nazis in the control room. He heard the young man in the arm state that he would never surrender, and turned to the Nazis. "You will never conquer this nation with people like this defending it. They must be destroyed, not captured and studied!"

"Ve hef our orders!" barked the Kommandant. "Ve need as many of their superhumans as ve can! Remove those and our forces will sweep across zis land, crushing their spirit und bringing zem to our vay of thinking!"

"You missed what I said. You will never conquer this land. You may occupy it and slay many of its people, but there is a spirit, a sense of duty and honour in their people that is amplified and personified in people such as this man. Besides that..." he said as he pointed to the screen. "He just walked through a four klackton thick steel door. You really should consider building things out of materials other than metal. It is too soft."

The Kommandant spluttered his coffee across the control panel and tossed the cup across the room! "Get him! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!"

The Alien turned to look at the man size hole in the steel. "I can see why you would capture such an individual though." it said quietly. "Though beware. This one shows... potential. The others we have heard about show more than that. They show potential enough to conquer not only this world, but the universe!"

It glanced at the monitor, unheeded as the Nazis scrambled to gather forces to attack Silver Sentinel!

=========

Silver Sentinel moved into another section of corridor...

He'd guessed the Nazis planned to flood each section, but it was childs play for him to simply flow the metal aside like liquid! He clanked his way along the corridor and saw that just before the door closing off the next section dropped down, there were a number - ten or more - of Nazi soldiers in what looked like body armour with weapons setting up to stop him getting to the submarine or anywhere else he so chose!

OOC Sentinel has a choice - burn through the door and face the onslaught of troops on the other side, or play about with his power, make a small hole this side, stick his hand through and a large hole in the other, but that would flood the section and seal him off unless the Nazis could pump it out. Or you may have another plan - it may well come down to a fight, but so far you lot have had me scratching my head and sending the story in a different direction to what I envisaged. Which is good, but I don't know what 's going to happen next!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 11 2011, 14:20

Somewhere Else... a dark place...

"You took a risk coming back here. What do you want?" said the creature in tattered robes as it looked about. The city of iron bustled about with others going about their business. The word was they were preparing to mobilise, and that all Shadow Demons, high and low born, would find a place in the other reality once the shadows had darkened to a point that they could move freely from their own realm to the next. The creature in tattered robes was high born, a cousin of the royal family and an indirect heir to the throne. He had gone into exile with the ruling family and knew there was no going back to what had been. The laws and rules regarding population control had been dissolved. The place was burgeoning, across the vast world and the universe with new shadow demon life and it would only be a matter of time before it was fit to burst!

In short, the new regime had seen to it that they HAD to invade and expand. The old regime, for all their faults, had ruled for eons with something approaching restraint. Now that was gone.

The material plane of reality would know the wrath of the Shadow Demons. The portal would open, and they would pour into the material plane of existence like a swarm, instead of, as now, a few powerful individuals and small groups of lesser demons.

Garrr'Zorr Vorrg Shadvarnazzi sighed. As part of the ruling family his life had been carefree. Do what you will, when you will it, but that had all changed. The new regime had ordered he serve it, or die. Instead, he'd gone into hiding. Now in one of the great Shadow cities he hid like a lowly, standing out for his size but emanating enough of a threat that he was left alone. He'd moved from place to place after being discovered. He looked at the black scar wound on his arm where it had nearly been severed and remembered the legion of Shadow Varks - elite death troops who fought until they were destroyed or victorious - he'd had to cut through scores of them, and those who beheld it had never seen the invincible legion smashed as he had done so. The slaughter had been messy that day, even for him! He grinned at the memory. He was only doing his part for population control! Now more powerful prey hunted him.

It was only a matter of time before they found him.

He turned to face the true heir to the throne, Raddavarrx Korr Vunnnshark the third, the first of the Shadow Demon royal family to align itself with a mortal host and oppose the new ruling order in the material plane. Garrr'Zorr was in awe of the Demon. Of all the old ruling class, it was this one that had showed temperance, compassion, wisdom and benevolence, traits alien to the rest of Shadow Demon society at the time. It had shone a light in a world of darkness, and brought about the destruction of the ruling royal family!

"Have you not done enough? We are in exile. I hide knowing it will soon be time to fight again, or die. You? You are the most powerful of us, and you draw trouble like a magnet! Even speaking to you places my soul in dire peril! You turned our thoughts and out nature upside down after your interaction with the mortal James Caldwell. It was his fault we know of the material plane, and ultimately the pair of you that destroyed the status quo here! Now it is inevitable that the material plane fall, and you brought it about!"

Raddavarrx, only one of the royal names he went by, shrugged, He looked about in the tavern, seeing a burly pair of guards stare at him across the crowded room. His power shone like a beacon, as did his cousins. He stared back, and the guards shivered, suddenly needing to be elsewhere. "My host is my friend. As are you. And you are needed. I have found you a host."

"NO!" barked Garrr'Zorr, slamming a clawed fist on the table. Demons turned to look, but turned away with a glance from the exiled High Prince. If they knew the former heir to the throne of the Shadow Universe was here, they'd have tried to claim the reward - or run knowing that with a thought the Prince could wipe them all out!

"I will not play your games! We are NOT heroes!" he hissed. "You have no idea what..."

"I have EVERY idea!" hissed the High Prince. "It was I who started this crusade against the usurpers! There have been.. setbacks..."

"You could say that!" snorted Garrr'Zorr. "Your mortal host seems to die every few nanktons of time! They are fragile, think small thoughts and live small lives! You lower yourself to align with them!"

The High Prince shrugged. "I have ... changed. I have learnt of humility, honour, belonging, friendship. He came to this place looking for some way to save his lost love. He failed, and unleashed the greatest threat to every universe ever known! Did he give up? No! He convinced me, ME!" hissed the High Prince "Of the most powerful race of beings in existence, I was at the peak! This mortal convinced me to join with him and fight! He is special... and I have found you a special host. A young mortal. He has been prepared but the process will take longer."

Garrr'Zorr snorted. "Simply render him comatose like the others. Besides, I will not play your games!"

The High Prince frowned, lip curling. "It was not a request, cousin."

Garrr'Zorr, supreme warrior of the high family, slayer of creatures that would boil a mortals blood if they simply beheld them, unbeaten, as many of the high family were, in battle, considered his next words. The High Prince was still family, and though usurped was commanding he do his duty.

"As you will it cousin." he said, bowing his head. "though when we manifest in the mortal realm, leaving our own forms comatose here, I have thoughts of plunging into cleansing fire to rid myself of mortal stink!"

The High Prince shrugged. "You will change. I did. As did my brothers and sister, well, at least one of my sisters. Make yourself ready, and say your goodbyes. We will..."

Garrr'Zorr stood. "By your command." he whispered. "I am ready."

The High Prince chuckled and clapped him on the shoulder as he rose. The pair of them stooped, but still towered over many of the smoky taverns inhabitants. "We have fallen far. I think, with your help, we will rise again. Come..."

Interlude ends...

OOC this will be reprinted in the notable events section... What does it have to do with Silver Sentinel? Everything...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Feb 11 2011, 20:53

OOC:Oow
Everything
eh? Sounds very mysterious ................. oh god Im going to die arent I?

IC:Steve charged at the steel shutter door and once again raised a hand and melted the door readying his other hand to blast to nearest Nazi on the other side. As the door bubbled and finaly melted away Steve face one of the body armoured soldiers at close range.

OOC:I figured I've advoded to many fights so far. Will I see the first reptile alien again, he must of gotten away?Not sure how many frames I get but to keep things flowing.....

IC:"So sorry, forgot to knock" he said trying to striking the amazed Nazi and pouring an energy blast of pure plasma (quick blast) at another soldier fumbling to ready his weapon.

OOC:Fight, fight, fight

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 13 2011, 01:28

alias Steve Jenson

OOC An action to melt the door, leaves 2 frames (1 action) to attack. 1d20+3+6=19 Hit, 4d6=9 Htc, 3d6=15 Htk

Thrusting a hand out, Silver Sentinel fired a beam of blue energy into one of the Nazi soldiers! The man staggered, still upright but his armour hadn't done much to slow the blast down! (OOC Actually, nothing). Clutching his chest he cried out, then fell sideways to crash into the floor! His companions levelled large long barrelled weapons and blasted rapid fire rounds at Silver Sentinel!

OOC 7 dice of 15 used, leaves 8, which will regenerate in 5 rounds. The bad guys go now, then Silver Sentinels remaining frame... They open fire... three hits from four, and two of those are criticals! The shots are reduced by dividers to do 11 damage, 12 damage (both of those criticals and punch through your armour a bit harder) and 5 damage, all HTK. These guys are trying to kill you! Any attempt made to dodge any or all of the shots by using future frames?

OOC On another note, let me know if you want to be the recipient of the ultimate power the others have within them. There is a catch... Silver Sentinel will be dropped into a week long coma! That might be... inconvenient at best, and who knows if, or where, he would wake up!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Feb 13 2011, 10:20

OOC:Mmm going into coma might be a bit of a problem right now, the Nazis did want me to surrender and I believe that they proberly wont kill me me when im in coma but I think they are more likely to want to use me so maybe brain wash me. Would the shadow be able to pick when I going into coma? If so I dont believe he/she/it would wish me harm. I leave it in your capable hands to choose when, perferably after if and when I take care of this base.

IC:"One down ...."

OOC:Just a quick question would I be able to morph/will metal to a sheild on my arm, I understand I wouldnt be able to throw it because I use my will to form it and it'll no longer be a part of me.

IC:"Whos next?" Steve scanned quickly and shouted "you" and blasted the next nearest soldier (quick attack again)
Then he charged towards the others "FOR BRITAIN"

OOC:Charging at the next nearest (hopefully there fairly well grouped together) Fisty cuffs time

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 13 2011, 23:48

alias Steve Jenson

OOC Silver Sentinel is 19htk away from death, bear in mind! His armour has saved him from being cut to swiss cheese, but it's only as good as the metal its made from! As for forming shapes... beyond turning a quantity of metal into an oozing liquid and causing it to stick to his skin like armour/second skin he is not yet skilled enough to turn that which he can manipulate into shapes/objects he can use. At the moment his metal manipulation is good for breaking down the molecular bonds of metal and that's about it... Higher grades/more experience might well see him able to do such a feat, but he needs to survive first!

Silver Sentinel staggered. He glanced down. His armour was peppered with dents and several holes. He felt blood run down the inside of his suit and swayed, dizzy. Another round of fire like that and he was done for, dead! That said, an ordinary soldier, even him without his armour, would have been sprayed across the wall behind him!

OOC Solid punch, 23 total to hit and 10htc damage. He really needs super strength to be of much good in a close up fight, mind... Initiative shows you have 3 frames to act, but you're in big, big trouble. Another round like that and its peanuts for Silver Sentinel!

Landing a satisfying fist on the jaw of the nearest nazi, Silver Sentinel grinned behind the helmet of his battered armour. He'd go down fighting only...

'Fool! Surrender!' said a voice from inside. Was this some kind of Nazi trick? Some ruse to get him to surrender? True, he was feeling distinctly second hand, but there was enough fight in him to... 'You may lose this battle, but the war? The war will go on if you surrender! Trust me, mortal!'

OOC It's purely your choice... you have 3 frames to act and enough energy to take out a soldier, possibly good rolls will take another down with fisticuffs, then you're out of options! Of course, you also have your metal morph power... Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 14 2011, 08:07

'Fool! Surrender!' said a voice from inside. Was this some kind of Nazi trick? Some ruse to get him to surrender? True, he was feeling distinctly second hand, but there was enough fight in him to... 'You may lose this battle, but the war? The war will go on if you surrender! Trust me, mortal!'

IC:'Must carry on' he thought

'dam your foolish pride, think of the bigger picture. I can see you through this day and give you powers beyond your imagenation my friend'

"Who the hell is that? Your tricks wont work on me Nazi scum" Steve shouted out loud

The soldiers stop and stared for a second 'this English man was indead crazy they though rushing in 10 againist 1 and talking to himself'

Seeing that the Nazis were shocked to see Steve talking to himself he decided to give in, standing completly still Steve annonced "Ok then, a leap of faith"

'I wonder if the voice can still hear me in my time of need' he though as....................

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 15 2011, 00:39

alias Steve Jenson

The Nazis rushed Steve, surrounding him as he stood there. He waited... and nothing happened. Nothing changed. Had he been tricked? He laughed... and collapsed...

The nazis rushed in!

End of Issue #1 for Silver Sentinel - watch for Issue #2 in the next day...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3