The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite)

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite) - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite)

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 29 2010, 22:06

ANYMAN

Having taken center stage in the fight, Allard is reluctant to let someone upstage him, so ignores the old general's orders to move out of the way.

"Have at Thee, Foul Villain," he shouts, quoting some old lines from one of his movies, as he again swings at the monster in front of him. "For True and Pure is My Heart! And the Heart may Work Miracles!!!"

action: pound away
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite) - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite)

Post  Admin Mon Nov 29 2010, 23:06

The Vanguard
Present: Joe Hoskyn, Gen. Wynn, Lt. Anyman, Hierarchy of DICE (Dawson, Forbes, Steed) and Slobotham, Wynns' batman

OOC roll 10, hit, damage 6+15=21Htc, reduced by dividers

With a classic style reminiscent of the most thrilling Hollywood fistfights, Anyman delivered another shocking blow to the enemy's jaw! Disconcertingly, the man stood there and took it!

With a growl he grabbed for Anyman (OOC 18, hit) then swung!

Anyman laughed out loud as he pulled to the side of the first swing, despite that the stronger opponent had him by the shoulder! (OOC roll 4, then 7 and 17) Next he twisted, but couldn't shake the grip - it was enough to dodge another blow though! He didn't see the third coming, mind...

SMECK!

OOC 32Htc reduced by dividers to 10

Ronin growled "I'm going to beat you to death. I'm going to hold onto you, then beat you to death. Think on that, in the last few moments you live, Prince!"

Wynn, crouched over Steed, saw his hand suddenly glow! Steeds eyes opened and she gasped!

OOC Power rolls of 51, 87 and 49 they are: Precision, Mass Variation:Other and Vigour. Odd mix, but hey, that's what ya get when the dice decide! Precision will be dropped, unless someone can rationalise it with the other powers. ok, a code name. I cringed when I thought of this one. Mass Lass? Lead Lady? Weight Woman? *groan* Vigour is a roll of 6, adding 12 points to her vigour score.

Steed glanced about. "What.. what's happened? Why am I...?"

Wynn staggered, clutching his chest and arm. Slobotham cried out "General!" and moved to his friends' side. "I'm... alright slobbie! Just need a breather..."

'Your body has not adapted to its full superhuman state, that needed to house the full power that you would normally be able to call on. With its age and despite its impressive physical condition, you may not live through subsequent callings of the Dark power' said the voice in Wynns head. The other two - Anyman and Hoskyn - heard that too.

Wynn took the time (OOC uses last frame) to recover.

OOC Anyman is still in Ronins grasp, but he's (somehow) managed to avoid a battering thus far and is handing out one of his own. He has 3 frames to take. Hoskyn has 4 frames, but Anyman is in the way of any attacks he might make on Ronin. Wynn has acted, Slobotham is helping Wynn, and the new metahuman, Captain Steed, has 3 frames per round to use. I'd suggest Kendal run the superhumans Wynn is able to turn out, but he's AFK at the moment, so either Dave/David feel free to post for Steed. And come up with a better name than I did. That said, it has the ring of the early legion of superheroes about it, which I loved. Also the All Star Squadron, which its multitude of 'who the heck is that?' members...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 30 2010, 07:40

The Vanguard
Present: Joe Hoskyn, Gen. Wynn, Lt. Anyman, Hierarchy of DICE (Dawson, Forbes, Steed) and Slobotham, Wynns' batman

OOC: Well I'm already playing two characters so I think Dave should have the option to have a go or TDM7.

I will take the actions as listed before, but with Anyman being in a grab I will instead...

Seeing how the creature had the actor, Anyman in his grasp, he moved to the side for a better shot, hoping to blast him and release his grip at the same time.

OOC: So from the last post but now comes into effect: To hit: 1d20+3+6=20 Damage 3htk/2htc = 3d6=[5, 3, 4] 12HTK, 2d6=[1, 2] 3HTC, After that...

After blasting the creature, Joe went to blast it again only to find his energy seemed to have been used, he'd have to be careful not knowing how long it would take him to 'reload' and be ready to fire again.

"Hey ugly pick on someone you're own size." Joe shouted, trying to draw the things attention as he picked up a one of the Governments best antique chairs to hit him with it as an improvised weapon.

(OOC: 1d20+6+2=9)

Sadly Joe's aim wasn't as good as his intentions, his improvised weapon went wide as the creature and Anyman continued to struggle on.

OOC:
Ok will continue to keep the chair in case I need to auto parry, but otherwise its hitting this thing with the chair, since I'm all out of energy at present.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 30 2010, 12:17

ANYMAN

Actions: Anyman will attempt to break the grip on him. Leftovers frames go to pounding away.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite) - Page 2 Empty The Vanguard - Kitten

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30 2010, 20:01

Kitten

The drive took a couple of hours, giving Joanna plenty of time to puzzle over what had happened. It was all so strange, like something out of a science fiction serial! Before long the wheels of the car crunched on gravel and Joanna was politely asked to place a hood over her head. "Ma'am, it's for your safety more than anything else. The less you know, the better, and if someone asks you, you don't have to lie." The hood had been washed recently and wasn't at all fusty. A hand helped Joanna from the car and looped inside her arm as she was led on a path and presumably into the building, wherever it was.

Just then an alarm started to blare, and sounds like rumbling thunder could be heard from somewhere!

"What in gods name...?" muttered the agent. He paused for a moment, then whipped the hood from Joannas' head. "Mrs Van Den Berg, there appears to be something going on, an incident of some kind!" he shouted over the din of the alarm, a bell. Lights all the way down the wood panelled corridor of what appeared to be a vast stately home flashed red. Now and then a uniformed army officer would run down the corridor and duck into a room, shouting for people to arm themselves!

The agent chewed his lip. "After what happened with that ... thing, I believe it's of paramount importance that you see my superiors, otherwise we'd be evacuating the place like everyone else. Sorry about this - I'll try to keep you out of harms way as much as possible!"

The pair of you moved down a corridor, turned at another, popped into a room that looked like a library. The agent glanced at Joanna, muttered under his breath and counted the books on one shelf, pulled one halfway out, then the books on a lower shelf, pulling that one the same distance. With a 'click' the entire bookshelf swung to reveal a narrow doorway and red lit flight of stairs leading down. "Follow me!" cried the agent.

=========

A flight of steps, down a corridor, round a corner and down another shorter flight of steps and Joanna wondered all the while what this place was and what it was about. The smooth plastered white walls gave little away, and doors every now and again were windowless, reinforced wood and metal, and locked.

Just then the pair rounded a corner and stared - in the distance, a creature (OOC see a few posts back in this thread) that appeared to be dark red with pulsing veins was standing amidst what appeared to be frost and ice encrusted to the walls and floor! Overhead, near the ceiling, black clouds boiled, and rain issued forth! Inside??? There were three figures frozen in the ice, and the creature with dark red skin held a man in army uniform by the shoulder, swinging at him!

OOC the battle is taking place 25m or so away.

The agent uttered "Alright, NOW I've seen it all." He pulled his gun, then turned to Joanna. "Please wait here Mrs Van Den Berg. I wouldn't want you getting hurt ma'am!" and he dashed forwards to the attack...

OOC if Joanna is getting involved in the fight can you list her actions please as it might affect when something else happens in the battle! Cheers Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30 2010, 21:17

Lionheart

"Roger who?" asked one of the bowler hatted agents (OOC Roger Bannister was 13 years old in 1939. It wasn't until 1954 that he broke the 4 minute mile... Thanks wiki Wink )

"I'll have to ask you to put this on" said the other agent, offering a black hood to Lionheart. "Your safety as well as ours sir. Less you know, safer for you and us." Ushered, blindfolded, into the back of a car (the windows of which were also blacked out) Lionheart took the opportunity to drift into a light sleep. Having gone for something like a week without good rest, decent food and all the while being shot at left his body in a sorry state, but he knew he would recover. Thanks to Saladins' blood transfusion the 'booby trap' his superiors had set for him would now not 'go off'. Still troubled at not knowing Saladins location at all times, he knew that he'd have to play along with these 'Peelers' to have any chance of finding Frostbite and the others.

=========

Waking as the car drifted to a halt on gravel, Lionhearts keen ears heard the alarm bell ringing in the grounds of the stately home even before the agents. Whipping the hood off, quick as a flash he looked about. Army personnel were spilling out of the grand old house onto the lawns, as if for a fire drill.

"Watch him!" shouted a Peeler as he sprinted off towards the building, keeping hold of his hat as he went.

"Hey! You should keep that hood on!" shouted the other Peeler, but he was lost in a wave of personnel moving past. The man hopped up and down, trying to catch sight of Lionheart. "Excuse.. I just... would you... I say! There's no need for..." by the time he'd moved back to the place where they were stood, Lionheart was gone!

=========

Following the first Peeler into the building, Lionheart followed to what looked like a library as the first agent slipped inside. Locked! The alarm blared all about. Personnel were running everywhere. It would only be a matter of time before armed guards came along, and there might be unpleasantness he would find hard to explain were he having to take them down!

OOC Lionheart only has moments before guards come. He's followed the first Peeler into the grand house, down a few corridors and into a room which is now locked, with Lionheart on the outside. He may wish to break in and follow, or explore this place, or try something else. The alarm is blaring and people are running to and fro. It can only be a matter of seconds before armed guards - MPs - start combing the place....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30 2010, 22:50

The Vanguard
Present: Joe Hoskyn, Gen. Wynn, Lt. Anyman, Hierarchy of DICE (Dawson, Forbes, Steed) and Slobotham, Wynns' batman, Joanna Van Den Berg, Peeler Agent

Despite holding Anyman as a shield, an incredible shot from Hoskyn saw energy form around his fist, then his own brand of spectacular fastball saw it strike the villain in the face! With a cry out loud, he stumbled back, releasing Anyman! (OOC no need for Anyman to break free)

OOC Ronin takes 12htk, 3Htc

Unfortunately the follow up attack, swinging a chair, crashed some way short as it clattered against the wall, Slobotham yelling "Hey! Whose side are you on?" as he danced aside. Hoskyn stood alongside Anyman against the insidious foe in the corridor. (OOC 1 frame Quick blast, another, pick chair up, another move, and one more, swing)

Anyman wasted no time! BANG!

OOC that'd be a 20 then, hit, critical. 4, miss and 16 hit. 25 damage + 10 damage bonus from the critical, 35htc and 5+15=20htc from the second strike. Total of 55htc, reduced by dividers.

Slamming blow after blow into the Dark Ronin, Anyman forced the man back across the ice strewn corridor to crash into the wall behind! Instead of going down though, the villain started to... laugh?

Blood trickled down his face. "Look at you go! The hero! Pounding with mortal fists against an enemy you cannot beat! yes... I see now. You are adapting to your hosts, changing them. In time you will call on your full power, and yes, I would be brushed aside. That doesn't give me long! I..." he paused, and glanced down the corridor. Anyman and Hoskyn followed his gaze, seeing a man in a bowler hat and suit dash towards the battle, and another figure stand at the end of the corridor, this one a woman.

'Your sister.' said a voice in the head of Wynn, Hoskyn and Anyman.

OOC Initiative 5 heroes, 3 bad guy. 1 frame good guys then Dark Ronins four. Kitten is 25m away, the bowler hatted man around 20m. Steed can act this round (3fr) so feel free (someone) to use her. Going on from Davids post in the OOC section, I'm happy for her to keep precision as her hand eye coordination is ramped up to superhuman levels. Gravity Gal or Girl sounds about right, but that's for the future. For now, this fight is about to ramp up a notch or two as the assassin realises there are more targets coming out of the woodwork every second...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 30 2010, 23:01

ANYMAN

ooc: Since I seem to be the first to post, I will take over Capt Steed for this round.

Blood trickled down his face. "Look at you go! The hero! Pounding with mortal fists against an enemy you cannot beat! yes... I see now. You are adapting to your hosts, changing them. In time you will call on your full power, and yes, I would be brushed aside. That doesn't give me long! I..." he paused, and glanced down the corridor. Anyman and Hoskyn followed his gaze, seeing a man in a bowler hat and suit dash towards the battle, and another figure stand at the end of the corridor, this one a woman.

'Your sister.' said a voice in the head of Wynn, Hoskyn and Anyman.

Lt. Anyman turns his bandaged covered head and looks at the woman.

"My sister is not that good looking ... thankfully," he says, winking at the woman. "Now hold still and let me pound on you some more since you don't think it really hurts you!"

action: hit 'em

"Gad! This thing loves the sound of its own voice," Captain Steed says, feeling her leg. [ooc: I forget, is it still injured] "Somebody should squash him!" And with that, something clicks in her head as she stares at the creature.

action: hold frame so she can use her Mass powers on the creature, which takes one action. With her third frame, she will either dodge any attack coming her way or reload her pistol.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:43

Lionheart

"Roger who?" asked one of the bowler hatted agents (OOC Roger Bannister was 13 years old in 1939. It wasn't until 1954 that he broke the 4 minute mile... Thanks wiki Wink )
OOC:

OOC:

Whoops!

Assuming when you say locked, you are talking about the door to the library? If not feel free to amend this...

======

Lionheart didn't have time for subtlety and although he had, had some sort of rest he was far from refreshed. He pushed hard against the door, his psi powered muscles seeking to overcome any resistance the door might offer and barge his way into the room.

OOC:

If the Peeler remains here I imagine he will protest and basically I will have Lionheart recommend that he be on hand to help, one way or another. If the Peeler isn't here...

If on the other hand the Peeler has gone through the secret entrance...he will see if he can remember anything from the history books an implanted memories about this area. If he gets nothing it doesn't take a genius to work out that there must be some sort of secret entrance so he will both listen to try and hear if there is anything he can pick up and walk slowly around the room to spot any clues (kinda like a perception check for secret doors!) Assuming he finds it he will activate it.

If in the meantime he gets discovered, he will say that in the interests of national security he is acting on higher authority to intervene in the current security crisis - i.e. I will try and bluff my way through this as I am following agent 12 or 17 depending on which one went this way.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:48

The Vanguard
Present: Joe Hoskyn, Gen. Wynn, Lt. Anyman, Hierarchy of DICE (Dawson, Forbes, Steed) and Slobotham, Wynns' batman, Joanna Van Den Berg, Peeler Agent

OOC Initiative 5 heroes, 3 bad guy. 1 frame good guys then Dark Ronins four. f the woodwork every second...

=======

Joe looked at the creature, wondering what he could do to hurt the thing and stop it. Anyman was right, it sure did like to talk a lot. Again he looked around for an improvising weapon, wondering how even with their powers, powers he and the others had yet to fully comprehend, what they could do. And even more so, how were they all linked. The woman, who'd just appeared, the voice said our sister? Where we related, is that how we've all come to these powers?

Joe didn't have much time for speculation he could see, that though Anyman's blow had been great, the creature wasn't going to let that stop it. He again moved to where he could grab another chair, hoping his aim this time would be better.

=======

OOC: Ok I move to where a chair is or if I am near a chair grab it to use.
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 01 2010, 22:02

Lionheart

The door was solid, old oak, bound and reinforced with metal strips but done in such as way to blend in. With a crunch it gave way, a force similar to that of a charging Rhino able to break the weakest links - the hinges - and the hands attached to the shoulder quickly moved the door aside. With superhuman reactions Lionheart glanced across the room to see what appeared to be a concealed door closing with a 'click!'

The last part of the sound was interrupted! In a flash the man from the future had grabbed the merest edge of the book shelves that covered the door, and pulled the door slightly ajar, peering in. Red light shone from inside as agent 12 made his way down stairs as quickly as an English gentleman could go without wanting to appear panicked! He disppeared from view, glanced behind, and, satisfied, continued at speed down the corridor.

Sticking to the shadows, watching body language of the man he trailed, Lionheart sped about, ducking from doorway to doorway and down into the labyrinthine depths of Bletchley Park, famed home of the 'Ultra' secret information centre that Churchill - not even Prime Minister as yet - had relied on since learning of its existence when he came into office.

Lionheart glanced about. Hard to believe that it was here the Allies broke the Nazi code, no mean feat given its 150 Billion to one odds of breaking it without the correct deciphering device. Ack! Lionheart quietly thumped a fist into his palm. There would have been such a device on the U-Boat! Had the Germans tossed it overboard or had the Navy been able to secure it?

He glanced up ahead, having rounded a corner. The agent had slowed, and sounds of what seemed like battle - including gunshots - were ringing out! Stood near another bowler hatted Peeler agent, a woman, shapely enough, in her mid-late twenties Lionheart guessed. She was dressed in civilian garb. Past them, some distance down the corridor, a creature of dark black/red skin was doing battle with what looked to be army personnel - one was wearing bandages on his head and hands! The corridor was full of ice in that area, and it was raining - underground? Lionheart almost chuckled. It was clear to him he'd found Frostbite and Stormwarden, though he had no idea who the bandaged man was.

The dark skinned man with pulsing red veins didn't look friendly though!

OOC 1 frames. You are around 35m away, so a couple of frames to get into melee range. To get there you will have to pass the woman and the two agents whose attention is directed at the battle. They've not noticed you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 01 2010, 22:47

Anyman

The bandaged, mysterious warrior known as Anyman didn't waste much time in bantering with the enemy - Anyman was pretty sure he was punching hard enough to dent steel, and this guy hadn't been so much dented as slightly ruffled!

Even so, his wild swing left him stumbling about, and looking clumsy.

OOC Roll 3, miss.

Joe Hoskyn (Frostbite)

Hoskyn moved across the room to where he could scoop up a chair. He wasn't quite sure why he couldn't blast more streams of cold from his hands, but was damn well making sure he didn't stand abotu whilst the others got stuck in!

Wynn (Stormwarden), Slobotham, Dawson

Slobotham pulled a chair up for his mentor, which Wynn sniffed at "Sit down Slobbie? in the middle of a bloody fight? Are you mad, man?" Slobotham grinned and shrugged. "If you are sir, I'm as doo-lalley as you are!"

Dawson grunted in pain, then ground his teeth with the effort of getting up. "Someone stop that thing!" he gasped. "The future of our war effort stands in this room!"

Dark Ronin

The enemy snarled at the gathered foes and those at the end of the corridor (OOC he can see two Peelers and Mrs Van Den Berg) he swung wildly at Anyman, knowing his time was running out! Always there had been with him a weakness to monologue. He laughed. Always there had been ample time - he never failed in his mission to end the lives of others!

POW!

He struck Anyman (OOC roll 10, 32Htc divided by 4 = 8Htc) Anyman staggered back, then watched for the follow up swings! (OOC 6, 3, 3, all miss). The Dark Ronin swiped, getting ever more desperate! His plight was about to worsen!

Captain Steed

Clutching an injured leg, Steed grunts and bites back the disbelief she feels at all she's seen and heard. Whatever Wynn had done to her felt... strange. Not in a bad way - she felt invigorated in a way that she'd never done before! A natural athlete at school, despite the tomboy jibes and disapproving looks from her peers, she'd excelled in track and field events, and done very well at school. Serving as a policewoman she'd risen through the ranks dramatically despite her young age, and trodden on quite a few toes in the process - she didn't suffer fools gladly! When it became clear war might break out thanks to what the Nazis were up to in Germany, she wondered where her path would lead her. Having been recruited by General Forbes and assigned the rank of Captain two years ago for an 'undisclosed and very top secret project' she'd had to forget her former life, leaving friends and family behind. It was worth it, she told herself. Well, until the moment she'd clapped eyes on the photographs of the flying nazi, and heard the reports that suggested the Germans were amassing an army of similar individuals! She'd been disheartened, but determined to do her duty, knowing that Dawson and his colleagues were trying to apply their considerable scientific know how to come up with the United Kingdoms own superhuman solution.

Until now they'd failed.

Now?

All their birthdays had come at once - and their worst nightmares, if this strange newcomer had anything to do with it!

Anger flushed her face, and she thrust her gun at the newcomer, knowing full well it would be useless. Instead something else happened...

OOC Roll of 11 for Steed, 1 for Dark Ronin. Add to the Ego scores of each and...

Dark Ronin suddenly staggered! The ground around him spiderwebbed with cracks and he grunted as it took a spectacular effort even to move his arm!

OOC Technically, Superstrength will shrug this off. Instead I'll rule that it has the same effect on any target regardless how strong they are. If a target can lift, say, 10 tons, suddenly they'll feel like they weight that much, and start huffing and puffing with the effort. Dark Ronin is on half frames but gains +10 damage modifier as his muscle density goes from 'extreme' to 'off the charts'.

Steed gasped! What had she done? Her keen mind looked up, to where Wynn was gasping for breath after an effort that left him reeling similar to that felt by a marathon runner! What in...?

OOC think I have the order of that right. 3 frames left for Hoskyn and Anyman. 4 for Wynn, 1 for Slobotham and 1 for Dawson. Steed has 1 frame too. Kitten has 4 frames @ this moment in time, and Lionheart (depending on how quick Dave E posts - probably while I'm typing this...) has 3 frames or 4, depending on whether our posts cross. If you haven't posted for Lionheart yet Dave, he has 4 frames. The Peelers have 2 frames apiece. Confused? Try it from this end... Over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 01 2010, 23:08

ANYMAN

Steed gasped! What had she done? Her keen mind looked up, to where Wynn was gasping for breath after an effort that left him reeling similar to that felt by a marathon runner! What in...?

OOC think I have the order of that right. 3 frames left for Hoskyn and Anyman. 4 for Wynn, 1 for Slobotham and 1 for Dawson. Steed has 1 frame too. Kitten has 4 frames @ this moment in time, and Lionheart (depending on how quick Dave E posts - probably while I'm typing this...) has 3 frames or 4, depending on whether our posts cross. If you haven't posted for Lionheart yet Dave, he has 4 frames. The Peelers have 2 frames apiece. Confused? Try it from this end... Over to you...

"Tallyhoo! We have him on the ropes," the bandaged Anyman yelled. Good thing his head was covered in bandages, he thought to himself, it kept everyone from seeing the black eyes he would certainly have after this, and the split lip and the busted nose.

He went back in swinging wondering what happened with Captain Steed and if he could get a date out of this with her if he made a good showing.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 01 2010, 23:47

Anyman

OOC ouch. 5, miss. 17 and 12 hit though. Damage is 26 and 23 Htc, reduced by dividers. Dark Ronin is feeling them now.

"unnnh" grunted the enemy. Another follow up lifted him from his feet slightly despite him trying his best to stand his ground! Ice crunched underfoot, well, what remained after rain started to melt it anyway. The bandaged battler smiled, grim under the wrappings as he saw the look on his opponents face. Suddenly Dark Ronin groaned, and sagged, like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders!

OOC Anymans' actions complete.

General Clive Wynn (Stormwarden) and Slobotham

"Stop fussing Slobbie!" cried Wynn. "You're like my mother!" He thrust a fist out in the direction of the Dark Skinned enemy, intent on doing his part in bringing down what was undoubtedly some kind of Nazi fiend!

OOC Using Weather Control as Field Manipulation. Auto hit but grade 3 allows fine control rather than zapping everything in the area. Damage 8 and 9 Htc, dividers reduced.

Dark Ronin cries out as miniature lightning bolts strike out from the boiling clouds in the corridor near the ceiling. His form lights up like a Christmas tree, once, twice, and Wynn nods, satisfied whilst looking at his hand, which had unclenched into a claw of sorts, the weather in the corridor mimicking its masters actions by striking out!

"By jove! One could get used to this, what? Kicking jerries' tail! You hear that, Hun?" he shouts "I'm enjoying this! We'll have you singing like a Canary before long, though I dare say the only tune you'll cry is 'Uncle!' Eh Slobbie? Let's teach the bounder..."

Slobotham aimed his pistol, waiting for a clear shot "Mind out you lot! I'm going to put one between this Krauts eyes!" He cursed as Anyman then Hoskyn got in the way, and pulled the gun up. "Too risky General. Can't shoot our own fellows." he growled. "Bloody amateurs, the lot of 'em."

OOC Wynn and Slobotham actions complete.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Thu Dec 02 2010, 02:24

Kitten

Joanna thought that she was being taken to a secure location where she would be safe from these horrible creatures. Instead, she was dropped in the middle of a war zone.

These were the others that I was told about, but I don't recognize any of them, she realized. The unexpected presence of ice in the hallway was trying to trigger some memory. ...ice...snow...frost... Something about the word 'frost' seemed right. Unless she did something to help these people and figure out the connection, she might never get her answers. If this creature was in any way affiliated with the Nazis like they suspected, she had to do something to avenge the loss of her husband (father).

"Let him go!" Joanna demanded as she raced forward to confront this creature, armed with only the knowledge of how to fight in hand-to-hand combat by some mysterious means.

OOC: Use the frames to run up to Dark Ronin and pound away with martial arts.
Sorry for the delayed response. Had a few days where I couldn't do anything creative at the end of the work day.
As for the suggestion as to Captain Steed's future identity, the names that I thought of were either Counterweight or Counterbalance. They suggest one that stands in opposition and balances/negates the forces of evil.

TDM7
Street Level: Hero
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 02 2010, 07:12

Lionheart

The dark skinned man with pulsing red veins didn't look friendly though!

OOC 1 frames. You are around 35m away, so a couple of frames to get into melee range. To get there you will have to pass the woman and the two agents whose attention is directed at the battle. They've not noticed you.

OOC: Ok just going to speed down the maximum distance and continue that into the next round charging into combat against the creature.

Lionheart took off, as he got closer he deliberately drew attention to himself so as to distract the obvious assailant in the room.

He struck out with his fist seeking to connect with the creature, using his super speed to deliver a fast punch whilst the others moved so much slower than he it was easy to weave in and out around them movements toward the creature.

OOC: rolled 1d20+6+3+2=19 I added +2 for striking from behind, which I think is right for 19 to hit. So damage: am going for killing damage - its a war. 1d6+17*=18HTK, 2d6=7HTC. And then Lionheart will use his final frame to hit once again - if I can. 1d20+6+3=22 to hit, damage 2d6=10HTC, 16 HTK. *(+1 dam for charge)

As he pounded away Lionheart quipped as usual, "I say old chap, love the outfit, looks to be all the rage amongst coal miners and steelworkers. So what's a chap got to do around here to get a cup of tea?"

Meanwhile Joe hefted his chair to strike again unaware of the other rushing into combat. And this time struck true...

OOC: 1d20+1+6=26 yeah 26 what is the improvised damage of a chair to a super villain under mass effect?

In one sense what I do next depends on what happens with everyone else. But otherwise I will continue to pound away with the chair. I might take this with me from now on - or maybe a chair leg as a cudgel in case I run out of energy ;-). Oh on that see our prior discussion, I been chatting to Simon re rules.

Sj
Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 02 2010, 22:27

The Vanguard
- Richard King (Lionheart), Joanna Van Den Berg (Kitten), Joe Hoskyn (Frostbite)

Several things happened at once. "Hey!" shouted one of the bowler hatted agents as Joanna sprinted past and down the corridor towards the strange invader. Then someone else - clad in shirt and trousers - sped past her!

OOC Kitten won't get there this round. Lionheart uses 3 frames (he travels 12m/frame in combat, 18m/frame out of combat) to get there, then delivers a super-speed punch (+4 damage) on the blind-side of the bad guy.

THWACK!

Dark Ronin spins and crashes to the floor! As Lionheart stands over him, he hears shouts of alarm from the bowler hatted agents for him to "GET DOWN! WE WON'T WARN YOU TWICE!"

Steed looks over "Who in the...? Who's that?"

Joe Hoskyn didn't bother checking to see who the newcomer was, instead delivering a chair over Dark Ronins head. The wood smashed into smithereens, leaving him with a solid chair leg, and effective club. Unfortunately Dark Ronin was reasonably resistant and merely grunted rather than succumbing to the assault.

OOC That's just about a wrap for the fight, because...

Dark Ronin looked around. He'd been formed by the new ruling council that he would be transported to this reality and would be weakened but still able to defeat the High Princes, whose forms were weaker still. What he hadn't counted on was their team work, determination and will to win. He WAS more powerful than them combined! So why wasn't he winning? He looked up, at the unknown figure stood over him - he didn't know who he was - but saw the woman running up behind, and the three in the room. They wore different forms, but he could sense their power. He'd been close! So close... but overconfidence had ever been his weakness. "One at a time...Together, they are... unstoppable" he hissed then he said, louder "We shall meet again, Vanguardians!"

And his body exploded!

Steed cried out, shielding her face, the others turned to the side to avoid being splattered with dark gore with sprayed across the walls and floors of the corridor and room. The place was a mess. Wynns clouds still rumbled and gave off flashes of lightning until they were silenced and dissipated with a hand swipe. Slobotham whistled, wiping gunk from his face. The remains of the form that had attacked them sizzled and turned into dark smoke, whilst the guards who'd been incapacitated returned to their normal colour. They were blue from the cold, but alive. The other man, who'd look like a melting wax candle, looked like a pile of old plaster that had been stripped from the walls.

Dawson blinked, moving to Forbes side. "Someone get a medic down here." he said quietly. "Steed! See who that is. Whoever it is, I want him teaching karate kicks like that to everyone in this room! Tell the Peelers to stand down!"

Steeds nostrils flared with frustration, but she carried out her orders, moving over to Lionheart. Richard King saw the young woman in army uniform walk over. She was beautiful, and at the same time all business. "Who are you? How did you get in here and what..." she looked around "Do you know about what goes on here?"

Dawson called over to Wynn. "Forbes will be alright, but he needs medical attention. Are you alright General?" Slobbie looked his mentor in the eye "I think, if I may sir, I speak for us both when I say we could do with a stiff drink. After that... well, we'll need another one!"

Hoskyn glanced over at the newcomers. The woman looked to be in her late twenties. There was something sad about her, a feeling that she had lost someone dear. It clung to her like a cloak. The other newcomer looked dashing in loose white shirt, trousers bulging above knee high boots, and a swaggering self confidence about him - like he could outrun bullets. He certainly showed no fear as the Bowler hatted Peelers ran up, gasping for breath.

"Stand down." said Steed. "Looks like everyone has some explaining to do."

=========

The Vanguard
- Everyone

10 minutes later, another meeting room...

Unlike the last meeting room, this one was carpeted, had a warm fire going, books lining the walls and a large oak desk with papers strewn across it. There was also a large table in the place and high backed old oak chairs around it.

Wincing from his wounds, Brigadier Dawson followed the others in. Steed and the Peelers had taken charge of the situation and clean up whilst the others - politely - were asked to follow another Peeler into this room. Joanna Van Den Berg had not revealed much - if anything - of her powers yet, but she knew a man of comparable Martial Arts skill when she saw one in Lionheart. Quite how she knew martial arts was another matter...

Wynn and Slobotham took seats, Hoskyn filed in behind the bandaged Anyman, and Steed closed the door once everyone was in. The rest of Bletchley Park manor was returning to normal after the 'false alarm' had been claimed and the cover up operation put into place.

Dawson glanced at the small statuette on his desk. It was a square block, painted blue and green with white streaks, and dots - in the form of numbers on each of the six faces - had been imprinted on. The whole thing spun on a rod. DICE. He glanced up at those gathered. "Mrs Van Den Berg, against my better judgement you are in on this meeting because you participated in the successful capture of an enemy agent. This so called 'Carter'. He is in custody, actually in deep freeze until we can figure out how to contain him when he thaws out. You." he said looking at Lionheart. "I've seen the report. Mystery man behind enemy lines, you've battled your way from Poland and hitched a lift on a Nazi U-Boat which was sunk by a destroyer in the Channel thanks in no small part to your efforts. Then you turn up here and persuade the intruder to... for want of a better word ... explode. My instincts tell me this can't be coincidence. The Nazis are revealed to have superhumans working for them. We suddenly see no hope for the allies, especially when word gets out. Wars are won and lost on a number of fronts, not least of which is the morale of the man and woman in the street. If they give up, the war machine caves in on itself. Then, in the space of a few days, we gather you lot together, all linked - save Mr Heart over there - by the fact you've recovered from comas recently. And now? Now it appears General Wynn has somehow 'infected' or bestowed strange abilities on Captain Steed! Things are moving too quickly! I need to know how this is happening, why, and in what capacity we can use you. Until Forbes gets back on his feet, I'm in charge, so I want answers people, NOW!" he banged a fist on the desk and winced, clutching at his injury. Then he looked out at those in the room...

OOC a Chance to establish pecking orders, get facts straight (in the case of Kitten - will she admit she can shrink, and has superhuman strength?) and decide where you go from here. Masked mystery men? Undercover agents operating deep outside enemy lines in covert teams? Lone operatives on do or die missions against vital German targets? I can guide you but I'm happy to see where you guys want to go, because we can continue with solo missions or go with team missions, or some of each. plus of course the fact that Wynn somehow bestowed upon Captain Emma Steed superhuman powers!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 02 2010, 22:41

ANYMAN

Then, in the space of a few days, we gather you lot together, all linked - save Mr Heart over there - by the fact you've recovered from comas recently. And now? Now it appears General Wynn has somehow 'infected' or bestowed strange abilities on Captain Steed! Things are moving too quickly! I need to know how this is happening, why, and in what capacity we can use you. Until Forbes gets back on his feet, I'm in charge, so I want answers people, NOW!" he banged a fist on the desk and winced, clutching at his injury. Then he looked out at those in the room...

OOC a Chance to establish pecking orders, get facts straight (in the case of Kitten - will she admit she can shrink, and has superhuman strength?) and decide where you go from here. Masked mystery men? Undercover agents operating deep outside enemy lines in covert teams? Lone operatives on do or die missions against vital German targets? I can guide you but I'm happy to see where you guys want to go, because we can continue with solo missions or go with team missions, or some of each. plus of course the fact that Wynn somehow bestowed upon Captain Emma Steed superhuman powers!

OOC: I wouldn't mind spending a few years in WW 2, doing both kinds of missions - groups and solo and small group

"For those of you who don't know me," Lt. Anyman says, standing up and wiping the goop from his bandaged head, "My codename is Anyman because I can make myself up as any man; actually maybe any woman if the need calls for it. Lt. Anyman if you want to be formal about it. I used to be a highly successful and famous actor and if the lady here knew my real name, she would swoon!"

Captain Steed rolls her eyes but doesn't comment.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't give you much in the way of answers. There's a voice in my head from time to time and it makes cryptic remarks, like when the lady appeared, it said she was my sister. This creature who attacked us, seemed to know most of us but I don't know squat about him! He talked like we are possessed or something and whatever possesses us is what gives us our powers. I don't know if I believe that or not but since I don't understand how or why I have these powers ...."

He shrugs and sits back down
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 02 2010, 22:56

OOC Just seen the avatar - neat Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 02 2010, 23:04

The Vanguard
- Richard King (Lionheart), Joanna Van Den Berg (Kitten), Joe Hoskyn (Frostbite)

OOC a Chance to establish pecking orders, get facts straight (in the case of Kitten - will she admit she can shrink, and has superhuman strength?) and decide where you go from here.

Ok I must admit I had always assumed that once we got here, we'd stop the villains who transported back and helped Hitler win the war and then return to our own time line, bodies and lives and all? Was that a wrong assumption, because I was kinda looking forward to finding out what happened with Joe, Abby and the whole infiltration thing going on back in our present age?

Unless you are thinking this is a campaign within a campaign and for the time being we're staying here?

As regards what happens next, well its a free vote! I think that though I am the most frequent poster, Joe Hoskyn is probably too young and inexperienced to lead the group - you might disagree. I would think that Wynn ought to lead from his experience point of view - but with Kendal not being on at present that might not be fair.

Also I guess I'd thought that now we're back together we'd be playing as a team. But I guess we could do solo stuff, except my character with only his limited powers is going to be pretty ineffective unless he teams up with someone else.

As for Lionheart, now the worry here is how much do I reveal and how much do I hold back. I figure I might as well go for the big reveal, as what's to loose? Not telling them only minimises the reality of the threat. So with that in mind I'll write it out but feel free to steer this as you see fit. I don't mind.

==============

"Well sir, I think I can answer some of your questions and possible figure out what these other good folk here...." Lionheart gestured to the people he had known as the Vanguard. He sat back into his chair as he propped up his feet up on the desk. Cradling within his hands another cup of tea, the brew was strangely comforting and he was getting to like it.

"Firstly what I am going to tell you, will make what you know already seem look nonsense but you won't understand a jot of what I tell you without it, so hold onto you hat.

I am a time traveller sent back from the future, to correct...a mistake. Only I wasn't the first to go back. Men of great power, not unlike these folk here, had gone back from their time to this time and even now are the reason Hitler has supermen with which to win the war.

These guys, are called the Vanguard and they are humanities best hope against the shadows. You saw one such creature earlier - some kind of agent. The Vanguard are all that stands between these shadows and anyone they can use. These guys have come back to this critical time period - to stop the original diversion that has started with Hitler gaining the help of these super powered beings.

But what I don't know is how this Joe, isn't the one I knew or why this one,"
Lionheart looked at Wynn,

"Bares no resemblance to the man I knew as Stormwarden...when I jumped back I retained everything but somehow these guys haven't?" Lionheart at this point got up and started to walk about.

"Now the real issue, isn't is this the team I knew - because I feel sure that despite the change of appearance it's them, even if they don't know it yet. No the real issue, for us all is how do we strike back at Hitler and his new allies and wrap up what we came here to finish?" Lionheart didn't say what was also on his mind, how he they were supposed to return the team to their own time period. They'd have to cross that bridge when they came to it. Moving back to his seat Lionheart ignored the incredulous stares, propped his feat back up and sipped the cooled tea and he smiled at Forbes, waiting for his inevitable questions.

OOC: Feel free to use this or what you will of this how you will were appropriate.

Joe looked amazed at Lionheart unsure of what to make of it all. How could be be another person, and yet he had woken from a coma, with voices and powers...so who was he really and what else was there about himself he didn't yet know?

Sj

Last edited by Steeple_jackuk on Thu Dec 02 2010, 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 02 2010, 23:05

OOC Just seen the avatar - neat .

Had been hoping to find something like that. Fits the time period perfectly - fedora, trenchcoat, gloves and bandages!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 02 2010, 23:09

Just noticed how to do avatars, never bothered before so will need to look for something to update Joe, but it will do for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 03 2010, 11:56

The Vanguard
- Everyone, in the meeting room

"Blast it!" said a voice outside the door. "I'm not an invalid! Get out of the damned way before I have you shot!"

The occupants glanced at one another, though Wynn and Slobotham exchanged knowing looks and got up to open the door... as General Forbes was wheeled in, heavy bandages circling the top of his head. "Dawson!" he cried. "You starts without me? I've been shown the preliminary report. Hells teeth man! Do you think you can run this shower without me?"

Brigadier Dawson, though in theory outranking Forbes, was in no doubt as to who ran the operations side of things. "Robert, calm down. No one is..."

General Wynn took charge of the wheelchair from the soldier who'd been pushing and moved him into the room near the fire. Before Forbes could speak Slobotham slipped a brandy into his hand, which had him harrumphing and blustering, but kept him otherwise quiet. Wynn turned to the Brigadier. "With all due respect Edward, perhaps General Forbes should make a few suggestions. He is, after all, in charge of field operations and training."

OOC if I add first names and they are different to what has been mentioned already, holler and I'll change them. Will update the who's who as well.

Forbes straightened himself, sitting up in the wheelchair. "Right, I want to hear from everyone in this room. I want to know who you are, what you can do, whether this weird stuff the science boffins are all in a tizz about or any skills you had before then. Steed, I understand General Wynn did something to you, and you now have... what?"

"I'm well, fit as a fiddle in fact General!" replied Steed. "And I seem to have sharper eyesight. Coupled with that, by gesturing at something I can make it heavier. Look!"

She pointed at a candlestick holder on the fireplace. At first, nothing happened. Then gradually it sagged under it's own weight, making the fire surround creak under the strain!

"Enough!" cried the General. "By jove. What I wouldn't give for an army of people like you Captain. Wynnie, can you make any more like her, and how did you do it?"

Clive Wynn sat in a deep leather high backed chair, sipping on a fine sherry. "Damned if I know Forbes. All I know is that I envisaged Steed as being a jigsaw and I had the missing pieces. When I look at Slobbie.. or anyone else here, for that matter, I don't see it."

<<The General appears to be able to distribute his 'dark power' to join the strands of DNA or certain individuals.>>
said the computer inside Hoskyns head. <<In time, one suspects the changed individual will develop their own metahuman powers, but this unit surmises that, at any moment, General Wynn can remove those powers, or even control them through another individual!>>

Slobotham frowned. "Damn. I thought I might be able to..."

Forbes held up a hand. "You know as much as anyone about this Slobotham. You are to be reinstated as Sergeant Major with all privilege and security clearance required as part of this top secret project. You will train these people to be soldiers!" He turned to Mrs Van Den Berg. "Ma'am, I understand all this is strange, but thanks to you we have captured one of the enemy. We have a rare insight into what we're up against, rather than blundering in the dark. I would like to ask though.. you're no ordinary lady, I can tell that. Is there anything else you can do?"

"I asked that already." interrupted Dawson.

Forbes growled and waved him off. "In her own words, in her own time Dawson."

He looked to everyone else. "Well? I know about General Wynn. He and I go way back. What I didn't know is that he could control the... well, we think he can control the weather and empower more indivduals, if the circumstances are right. He will be absolutely invaluable. You... " he looked at Anyman "Are a prize beyond compare. I am afraid sir, that with your abilities you can go anywhere, be anyone. And that gives you the most dangerous tasks unfortunately. How about you?" he asked of Hoskyn. "And you sir? Your story is amazing, the manner of your arrival more so!" he asked of Lionheart. "Come on! Cat got your tongue?"

Dawson grinned. Despite Forbes' injuries, there was no doubt who was in charge. For him, and the Strange Sciences Section, the time was the most exciting yet of his life - he believed, though he wouldn't voice it - that they had a room full of the next generation of human life!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 03 2010, 13:55

]The Vanguard
- Everyone, in the meeting room

How about you?" he asked of Hoskyn. "And you sir? Your story is amazing, the manner of your arrival more so!" he asked of Lionheart. "Come on! Cat got your tongue?"

Lionheart was about to retort when Joe broke in,

"Well sir if it helps explain Captain Steeds change, I can tell you that <<The General appears to be able to distribute his 'dark power' to join the strands of DNA or certain individuals. In time, one suspects the changed individual will develop their own metahuman powers, but this unit surmises that, at any moment, General Wynn can remove those powers, or even control them through another individual!>>.

Joe stopped. The continued hesitantly.

"The voice - not the same as everyone else gets, this is my own 'metallic' voice like I'd imagine a robot who could think, would speak. It told me that, without me having to ask. Its part of me, but it can think for itself in some way and feeds me information. Besides being able to Freeze things, I at present am pretty good with a chair, but nothing else." Joe grinned hoping his sense of humour wasn't seen as impudence on his part.

Lionheart looked Joe in the eye, "Oh there is a lot more to this one, gentlemen. Even if he doesn't yet know it. One of our number isn't here. Caldwell, James Caldwell - otherwise none as the Nowhere Man. He said that when someone like this awakens it takes them time to recover their full..." At this Lionheart stopped, he remember talking to James on the journey to the moon and how he'd heard him talk of his 'resurrection' as it were.

Anyway I knew you, Joe, Joe Rigdon otherwise known as Frostbite, you could fly manipulate temperatures in a whole number of ways and become intangible - like a ghost."

Joe sat down, heavily the stupid grin wiped from his face as Lionheart had continued. Deep within, as if straining to make out a distant object in a heat haze, he glimpsed people flying, fighting, noise, buildings being broken. Then a rush, stones in a circle and then...it all went blank, save for two faces that then flowed into one. One face was of incredible ethereal beauty but almost fairy like, the other not unlike her but clearly human wearing trousers and a jacket but striking no nonsense pose much like Captain Steed. Unbidden the name floated to him...Abby and like mist on a summers day, it was gone. Joe sat there with his eyes wide open and his hand covering his mouth.

"I...I."

"Yeah I know" Lionheart continued, "I can only say it should come back, but I don't know how long it will take." The others are the same, he continued. "As for me, well I can move fast, am athletic and strong. And as you've seen I can do martial arts. I had other powers, but the means for me to access them was left behind. Unlike my friends here, my powers are genetically engineered, so I am what I am, but I've a few surprises still."

Lionheart looked back to the Brigadier, "Right sir, cat got your tongue or is there anything else you want to know?" He finished with a wicked grin and a little flourish as he whipped the now empty teacup onto the desk.

OOC:

Ok hope this big reveal stuff is ok Paul. I am not wanting to steer things away, but it makes sense that Lionheart would tell people what they are going to understand anyway at some point. He has steered away from the more controversial stuff, but if asked by the others about their prior identities he knows enough (apart from Kylie) to tell them more than they know at present. But he will not say any more unless asked.

You mentioned in your last post for everyone to sound off about the current direction and I know that Kendal and TMN7 (do you have a real name we can use;-) ?) haven't yet answered, but I'm curious to know what you're thoughts are on the matter.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 03 2010, 18:56

OOC My own thoughts on the direction are to either run solo issues for everyone OR have team up issues with the most frequent posters (that would be you and Dave M - I can't keep up with the pair of you sometimes) and have an alternate team issue after everyone finishes their own mini adventure. one thing I'd like to stress - the Dark Ronin wanted prisoners, hence doing HTC. You guys should know that Htk will be order of the day from more or less now on - kill or be killed. Of course, coming from a time when it was frowned on (i.e. non wartime) what the characters do is up to you. Just to let you know, everyone else will be out to get you... Also in the next few updates your characters will be going into training, learning the skills and knowledge they need to operate behind enemy lines, including French, German, possibly how to pilot and certainly how to fire a weapon, plus other stuff. Anyman for example is a prime candidate for voice and mannerism training. So don't be surprised to see a few jumps every now and again, of days, weeks or even a month or two. If there is anything specific you have in mind for your character, you can let me know. Whatever they learn here will be etched into their character sheet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next