The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

4 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06 2010, 00:20

The Vanguard - Frostbite and Putty

Of the Brotherhood, the Lzardman had fallen, the Centaur too. The Satyr was quietly dying and being read the equivalent of the last rites by the human pair in armour after they'd tried their best with healing magic to heal the wounds. Alas, the surface wounds had healed, but the arrows had struck deep enough to penetrate vital organs, and vile dark corruption spread like wildfire through his veins! Chesgar, the Dwarf, was dead, choked on his own blood from an arrow punching through his throat. Grunneld, who'd argued with the Dwarf moments before the attack, cradled his lifeless form in his hands, rocking it to and fro slowly as he muttered a Dwarven prayer. He was a mess, having taken an arrow through the cheek. His blood drenched beard and front was about the only visible wound on him though, his armour having stood him in good stead.

There was no sign of Grunnelds' brother, Borgis.

Of Gra'Ahl, the Minotaur, there was no sign. Nor of the huge Blue creature or the Dragon like thing. Fires still burned in the forest here and there. With only Elesieth, the two armoured humans, a wounded Dwarf and the Archon still present and able to fight, it wasn't long before despair was voiced. "It's over." said Elesieth, quietly, closing the eyes of her dead brother. She looked up, tears flowing freely through her own. "Through Mordreds' vile sorcerers and dark minions we have been bested. All I can suggest is we flee, though eventually Mordred will catch up."

At Frostbites' suggestion the Elf maiden wiped her tears away and nodded. With Puttys help the fallen were gathered up. "Come. The fall of hope is not far from here. I suggest we rest up there and see if the others have made it."

=========

10 minutes later the small group came across the body of the Minotaur. As with all the others, the arrows had faded to smoke leaving open wounds. There were no bodies nearby but the creatures' axe was stained black. He would have taken no small number with him on the dark road, that was for sure.

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 333ki7a

The small group followed the path of a stream towards a waterfall. Effectively they were no further away from the castle, still within a few hours walk, though in a different direction. Elesieth looked about. "This place would normally be guarded, but there are too few of us now." she said sadly. Silently she paced across the stepping stones in the river to walk up to the fall itself, then behind the water, slipping into a near unseen crack behind, and into a cave that was surprisingly well insulated from the roar of the water. Inside, torches on walls gave the place a warm glow, and scattered about were bedrolls, personal effects and the remains of dinner from a day or so ago.

When the small group had set a fire, and sat about with their own thoughts, the Archon came over to Frostbite and Putty, crouching near to where they sat. He looked across the cave to where the Elf Maiden sat, disconsolate, then asked the Vanguardians "You are new to our group, but I thank you for fighting alongside us, aye, and showing us that even Mordreds' own overwhelming forces can be battled to a standstill. I would ask though, what are your plans? We are too few to attack the castle now, but I have nothing to go back to. My own people are so few in number we never stay in groups. To do so would invite disaster if Mordred attacked. He would wipe us out in one stroke. My own family was murdered by his vile forces, and so I will attack his castle and attempt to free the Queen. It is a hopeless task but were I not to try it would be like admitting Mordred has already won!"

He looked at the strange pair in front of him. Outlanders, strangers, possessed of powers beyond imagining, even in this land.

Heroes, in any land.

EDIT: Picture has changed for some reason??? Will try to get it back

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 07 2010, 08:55; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 06 2010, 07:06

Lionheart

Lionheart glanced about. Speeding over, he used a foot to stamp on the butt of a Nazi Rifle. The weapon flipped up from the ground and was deftly caught by the agile hero. He looked it over, then reached for his belt to load up the weapons program

He knew that he could use this weapon, but not once had he seen the Vanguard do this. Apart from the Red Lunarium weapons they used the powers they had. "Sights all busted" Lionheart said, having made his decision and throwing the gun off to one side.

He'd instead he loaded up his martial arts programme and waited the coming enemies. Wondering what the Red Lunar ore might do in this situation.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 06 2010, 07:13

Frostbite

It is a hopeless task but were I not to try it would be like admitting Mordred has already won!"

"No it isn't hopeless, but we do need to regroup find out what of your peoples survived and plan accordingly. I suspect that you had a traitor for how else could you have been attacked so completely. That is also a concern as right now that traitor may know the location of this cave.

As for my friend and I, our way is less clear."

Frostbite stopped, he wasn't an actor and he didn't like lying over much. But he still didn't know if he could trust the group, even if he could, he was sickened by the death he'd witnessed. Putty and he would be much better off trying to get into Mordreds castle without further casualties.

"Tell me what you can about the castle, what you know of its defences and of the way in you hoped to use?"

Although Frostbite wasn't sure if there was a traitor and if so how much they knew of the plans to get into the castle! But they needed to know all they could, if there attempt was going to succeed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 06 2010, 14:14

PUTTY

At Frostbite's words that the cave might be known, Putty stretched out an eyeball and an ear along the cave wall and out the edge of the waterfall. Resting those parts of his body on the rock wall, he looked and listened for any trouble that might come their way while he also listened to Frostbite talk.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06 2010, 22:46

The Vanguard - Putty and Frostbite

"The defences? I have flown over the area many times, albeit with Harpies in hot pursuit." admitted the Archon. "Those vile creatures live in the towers and guard day and night. Along the walls, brutish ogres, clad and armed for war, with the strength of 10 men. A hit from their axe or club will powder bone. They toss stones the size of a mans head with such speed that it is hard to dodge, and if you cannot get away in time..."

He lets the words trail off. "Mordred rules through fear, and power. He has gathered, somehow, a coven of powerful sorcerers and witches to do his bidding, and enlisted all the evil denizens in the land of myth. For too long the good people were quarrelling over how best to deal with his growing threat, and now it is too late! He is everywhere. And that is perhaps our best, only hope. The castle sewer system is guarded, but only by two Ogres. The smell prevents most from heading down there, and rumours abound of creatures that live in the murk. I believe if we can create a diversion, you and any others may be able to enter through the sewer system. Everywhere else will be warded with dark magic. If you can penetrate the castle from the depths and work your way up, you may find where the Queen is hidden. As for how the Queen is held... I know of no power that could shatter the crystal she and the chalice reside in. That was before I saw the likes of you two. I know not what it is, but when I look at you I see you... and something else. Something big, powerful, brooding, standing in the shadows behind you."

The Archon shakes his head. "I know not what powers you wield, or even if you are deceiving us, and working for the enemy. It no longer matters. Our plans are shattered and the only way now lies through the desperate acts of a very few." The Archon stands, and looks about. "I will divert attention above the castle for as long as I am able until I fall. I will not fail. I will buy time for any here who would brave the sewers and attempt to free the Queen and the Chalice."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06 2010, 23:26

OOC oops.

"Wait." said the Archon, coming closer, glancing at the rest of the Brotherhood, sat wounded or tired around the cave. "Traitor? I suppose that would make sense, seeing as the Shadow Rangers unerringly found us in the forest, and killed the scouts we sent out, including Elesieths' brother. I have fought with these warriors for over a year though. The Dwarves were the most recent, but I can't see why they would betray the group and each other. Unless.. unless perhaps Mordred had something of value they needed, or held someone of importance." He sighed, running a hand through golden hair. "And in that case, I can't blame them I suppose for wanting to save their loved ones. Rest assured, you have only my word to go by, but I have no reason to betray the group. My people are scattered, my family killed. I have nothing left, save the quest to defeat Mordred and awaken the Queen."

Putty stretched an eye out, sending it, snakelike to hug rocks and shadows, and keeping an...uh... eye out for intruders. So far, so quiet. That could all change in the blink of an eye, as recent experience had shown! Still, he kept a vigilant watch.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 07 2010, 07:25

Frostbite

"I thank you for your support in a time where strangers are hardly regarded with open arms. I hope we will be able to be of assistance and the freedom that this land has enjoyed it may do so once again."

Frostbite turned to Putty, raising one eye as he noted how he was maintaining security, before saying, "Unless there is anything else I think we ought to turn in."

Frostbite took himself toward the entrance of the cave where he and Putty sought to be quiet to leave the rest of the group to rest. He was no medic and didn't feel he had words to offer the injured, so preferred to be where he could think.

OOC:

Ok unless Dave, wants to do anything else, I'm making a pretence of resting, certainly trying to catch my breath before we strike out for the castle at night. I'll allow my computer to lay out a map based on what we saw of the island from when we came, to what we know of its features now so that we can postulate our position and find the castle without too much trouble.

I suggest we take the way we've been offered, through the sewers. I'll fly low and intangible and allow Putty to follow on ground using all the cover, trees etc that we can find. Before seeking to get into the place. I'm hoping that our premptive strike given our situation will take them by surprise.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 07 2010, 12:16

Putty

I suggest we take the way we've been offered, through the sewers. I'll fly low and intangible and allow Putty to follow on ground using all the cover, trees etc that we can find. Before seeking to get into the place. I'm hoping that our premptive strike given our situation will take them by surprise.

ooc: Since we are in a fantasy world, I'm thinking Putty will go through the tunnel as gray ooze! jocolor
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07 2010, 12:25

OOC So are you leaving what remains of the Brotherhood behind to lick their wounds? Your wounds are easy to heal for the clerics (humans in armour) so they heal them for you both and energy is restored to full. If there are any you are willing to trust and let come with you, let me know, otherwise I'll assume you are both slinking away in the middle of the night...

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 1zv3hhs

OOC oops. That's come out a bit big. Let me know if you guys need it smaller.

<<I have mapped out a course based on the bearings and directions that the group have given you and based on visual sightings of the castle itself relative to our position. I must remind you that flying will be extremely hazardous in this environment. There are a number of flying predators that do not match any entry in my database.At best I can offer only this: The land of myth consists of people and creatures written about in past times in various cultures, most notably Ancient Greek and European. It is said that legends start with some basis in fact and grow to become embellished tales with every retelling.>> said the computer in Frostbites head.

OOC I'll post the next section then amend it depending on whether any of the Brotherhood are helping/going with you. For instance, the Archon intends to go, even if it's on his own. The others you aren't sure of - each is wrapped in their own personal grief.

Through the dark forest the Vanguardians made their way. It was only a few miles and circumventing the large castle to come to the sewer entrance took a little longer, but Frostbite was able to fly, intangibly, through the trees, and Putty made quick work of swinging from tree to tree better than any ape could have done. Soon the pair looked through the darkness to the rear of the castle and saw the sewer entrance, or rather, smelt it first.

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 2vta2oi

OOC heh, X doesn't mark the spot - I just forgot to delete it when I copied/cut from one picture and pasted onto another. If nothing else, playing the game with you guys has gotten my paintshop skills up to speed. Photoshop I always struggled to get my head round, even though its more or less the same thing. Too... many... options! Nnngh!

Guarding the entrance to the sewer, a War Troll, fully armoured and armed with a lethal looking weapon, and beside it, something even bigger. It could only be a giant of some kind, for the War Troll stood over 10' tall at the shoulder and was dwarfed by this thing! The Club was more like a tree trunk, its mouth large enough to crunch a body in half, and its stringy arms thicker than a mans body!

Despite their powers, Frostbite and Putty shuddered. This was a place of powerful magic. There was no telling what kind of defences or surprises it would throw at them! From their vantage point in the trees over 100m away, the Vanguardians saw a cleared area around the Castle, the rocks and trees having been moved or cut down to afford a clear look at the surrounding area. Mordred was no fool. He hadn't underestimated the enemies he hunted and a lookout, either here or high up on the walls (OOC over 50m up from the floor, and metres thick) where smaller (comparatively - they were 6-7' tall) guards, possibly some form of large goblin type creature, looked out in the darkness across the forest. They must have excellent night vision, for no torches burnt on the walls or around the sewer entrance. There was nothing really in the way of cover - grass around a foot high in places, trampled to bare mud in others.

Still, no one said being a hero would be easy...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07 2010, 12:28

DavidMcMahon wrote:Putty

ooc: Since we are in a fantasy world, I'm thinking Putty will go through the tunnel as gray ooze! jocolor

OOC Appropriate! I'm still feeling the love for an old school, back to basics rules lite ish Dungeons & Dragons style campaign by the way, if anyone is interested. I mean long term, play for as long as we can, start at first level and see how far we can go type game, with special rules to suit PbP (for example, experience earnt every time you post in character, modified combat rules etc). The Vanguard game remains my priority and will do so, but it's nice to have some variety, hence the current mish mash the Vanguard is going through. Think we've had a bit of everything so far in this one, and there's lots more to come Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 07 2010, 12:49

PUTTY

Guarding the entrance to the sewer, a War Troll, fully armoured and armed with a lethal looking weapon, and beside it, something even bigger. It could only be a giant of some kind, for the War Troll stood over 10' tall at the shoulder and was dwarfed by this thing! The Club was more like a tree trunk, its mouth large enough to crunch a body in half, and its stringy arms thicker than a mans body!

"I could disguise myself to look similar to the smaller one," Putty tells Frostbite. "You could go intangible underground, right? Maybe we can walk right past them that way? If not, get closer before we have to fight."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 07 2010, 14:03

Frostbite

OOC: Ok Paul I didn't want to suggest others came simple because I was worried that they might betray us. But I hear you, and if Archon was going to come anyway, I'll assume we told him our plan to slip away quietly. If he thinks anyone else should come we'll go with that.

"I could disguise myself to look similar to the smaller one," Putty tells Frostbite. "You could go intangible underground, right? Maybe we can walk right past them that way? If not, get closer before we have to fight."

"I suggest you start a fight." Frostbite said agreeing with his friends idea. "If we try anything clever they'll suspect something and call for help. If you go in and insult them, hopefully they'll be so mad with you they'll forget about the entrance and we can slip in behind."

Frostbite turned to the rest of the party, "I am not sure how we can get you across unless you have some means to become invisible?"

OOC: Assuming that Putty/Dave is ok with this plan, I'll leave the others to cross as they see fit, whilst I will return to my intangible state and slip along under the ground and arise behind the guards and hopefully out of sight. If things go bad for Putty, I'm on hand to help. Hopefully he'll be chased, be able to give them the slip and be back before they return.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07 2010, 23:46

OOC How you getting on Kendal? Waiting on actions for Stormy vs the nazis...

Elesieth watched from the undergrowth. She'd been grief stricken over the death of her brother but knew there was no other choice but to battle on! The clerics (OOC the ones in armour that talk the same...) were with them, and the Archon watched from the high branches of a tree, his golden aura making him something of a liability when it came to stealth. His idea had been to buzz about the battlements, but that would put the place on alert - best to see if these behemoths could be felled before an alarm was raised! The others, what few there were, were in the cave, including the fallen. They would be buried if the brotherhood made it out of this mission alive...

Putty morphed into an identical form of the smaller guard. He was straining to hold such a huge form, however - the guard had considerably more bulk and mass than he did, and simulating it by puffing himself up was the same for a normal person holding their breath - it would only work for a few minutes at best! Still, that might well be enough...

Frostbite, intangible, glanced at the tattered remnants of the Brotherhood. If there was a traitor here they were biding their time. Trying to focus away from such thoughts - what could he do about it if they gave their position away? - he lowered himself into the Earth, the computer guiding him in the direction of the cave and giving him a readout of the time he'd stayed submerged. He already knew - he needed to breath which meant he could only stay in solid substances for the same time someone could stay underwater, so essentially he had the same problem as Putty.

The Guards were vigilant. Whatever Putty said and did was key to whatever happened next!

OOC I assume Putty walks from the bushes to speak to the guards? Over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 08 2010, 03:41

PUTTY

The Guards were vigilant. Whatever Putty said and did was key to whatever happened next!

Putty thought about it for a moment, then ripped a big tree branch off a tree to make a club, stripping the other branches and leaves off of it.

"I need a prisoner," Putty said to the others who followed them. "You!" He pointed to the Archon. "Come down and be my prisoner."

Reluctantly, the Archon did as Putty asked.

"Sorry but I am going to have to treat you roughly as we get closer to them," he said quietly, as he stretched out a few fingers, turning them into ropes, which he then proceeded to "tie" the Archon up with.

He then arrogantly strolled out of the woods, pulling hard on the "rope", dragging the stumbling Archon into view and walked right up to the two guards.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 08 2010, 13:23

The Vanguard - Frostbite and Putty

The Archon looked up at the 'War Troll' then nodded. He was dragged, appearing to struggle, across the field where the two guards saw the bright glowing figure immediately.

As did those on the wall.

They looked down as the War Troll guarding moved forward, squinting at the other Troll and the prisoner. The larger one, the giant, glanced first to one, then another. "AHHH DIN NOT KNOW YOOO HAD BRUVVER" he bellowed, voice like a grinding wheel against steel.

The War Troll turned, then back to the newcomer. "I HAVE HUNDREDS." he spat. "I WAS WHELPED IN A BREEDING PIT. BUT THIS ONE... I DON'T KNOW. WHO ARE YOU. AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE THERE?" he rasped, hand on weapon.

'Ware you pliable one. There is a crest across the entrance to the tunnel. It's purpose is unknown, but its magic shines bright to me.'
said a voice inside Puttys head. Putty twitched, then glanced about. The voice had come from... inside? He recovered composure enough to face his 'twin' "WELL??" the War troll bellowed. "SPEAK UP, OR I'LL SMASH YER BRAINS IN!"

Nearby, Frostbite, with head barely above ground, heard the exchange.

In his head he heard a voice. 'My brother speaks truth. There is a sigil of warding across the tunnel entrance Joseph Rigdon.' Frostbite jerked as if struck upon hearing the voice. He'd heard it before.

The dark power inside of him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 08 2010, 15:59

Frostbite

In his head he heard a voice. 'My brother speaks truth. There is a sigil of warding across the tunnel entrance Joseph Rigdon.' Frostbite jerked as if struck upon hearing the voice. He'd heard it before.

Frostbite knew that if the voice within him had taken notice, then it must be something powerful indeed. "Any suggestions as to how we break it?" He said to the voice within. "Only any chance we've got of stopping the shadows gathering for a full scale attack depends on us getting that cup and the queen free from within. So no pressure!

Frostbite was tired and just a little narked at the frustrations that had doggedly followed their trail. Surely there had to be a way in to this place, or all else would be lost.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 08 2010, 17:01

The Vanguard - Frostbite

'You may simply walk through the wall. In that state you exist between worlds. Their magic can still detect you - anyone not marked with the same sigil, as all the enemy forces have been branded with - will trigger magical alarms.' said the voice. 'But ask yourself this. Why worry? You are the most powerful being in this plane of existence, save for your friend over there struggling to convince those imbeciles he is with them. Use the power.'

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 Otmfr6

=========

In the castle...

Merlin looked up. Mordred was poring over the map, but he, too, looked up. "What was that?" he asked, looking about. "Someone! WHAT WAS THAT?"

Merlin narrowed his eyes. He glanced at the darker corners of the room. There, when he concentrated, in the corner of his eye, he could see black shapes huddled in the shadows, conversing, plotting, planning.

He turned back to Mordred. And smiled.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 08 2010, 17:20

Frostbite

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 4 Otmfr6

Frostbite struggled for a moment, how easy it would be to use the power as his ally suggested. But he also knew that in using the power within him he risked loosing himself to this time line. His identity, his family everything he'd known and was fighting for would be gone. He simple couldn't succumb to that.

"NO, not at the expense of all I love." He fought back. But his ally was right about one thing, this wasn't going to be easy, now he knew there was little chance of them getting in undetected he decided that the best thing to do might be to just go anyway.

"Putty..." Frostbite said over their com system. "We can't get past the magical wards without the secret password, or some such. Though nothing will stop us getting in, there is no way we can get in undetected? Not sure if our friends had a means to get past this security system but if you're plan fails we've little chance and even less choice just to barge our way in."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 08 2010, 17:25

The Vanguard - Frostbite

There was a chuckle, a rasping sound. 'You are the host form. The vessel for my power. No other in the multiverse can contain me, and so we must coexist. But think on this. My, and by association, your power, was for the main part tied up in preventing the changed time line from erasing your existence as you know it. What effect did the change in time line have here, in this land of magic and wonder? Do you see the Nazis? You have ventured through the mists of magic thanks to the power inside of you - no mortal would or should be able to do that, but you and your friends are able. Now you are here, do you think that the changes made in the timeline can still effect you? It will, of course, take a massive leap of faith on your part... hahahahahah....'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 08 2010, 18:02

Frostbite

OOC: Doh! so basically this is why these guys are suddenly talking. Must say I don't like the sinister undertone to its voice though

Frostbite must be tired to not have realised what had taken place, since stepping into this fey place. Although he knew he could call on the power as he needed, he also knew that he feared its hold upon him. The power so great was so tempting and there in was its greatest weakness, so far as Frostbite was concerned.

He wait out to see what happened with Putty, but since things had already gone bad to worse it might not be long before Mordred felt what real power was like unleashed on him.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Sep 08 2010, 19:28

The Vanguard - Stormwarden and Lionheart

As Stormwarden and Lionheart faced off against the Nazi Metahumans...

OOC they are 100m away across open ground, you guys have 3 frames. Stormwarden and his country wide storm are affecting them, but because his power is being used country wide, to affect such a relatively small area would cancel out the country wide effect currently taking place. And if that's cancelled, more Nazis can take to the air in jets... decisions, decisions... If need be you can used the half dozen or so stones that have been erected as cover, but bear in mind if any are damaged, you are in deep, deep trouble. Stormwarden can, at any point, call on his Dark Power. HOWEVER, you would then be subject to the same fate that befell Darkshadow and have to leave this reality immediately or simply wink out of existence. So consider it your 'don't press this button' option...

Stormwarden thought quickly. The detrius from the earlier fight was still here - mainly weapons, and a few odds and ends and he was damned if he'd damage the stones they'd fought for. "The pity of it is, theres not much to use." he stated as he looked at the new enemy's. "I'm all tapped out for grandiose gestures here. What about battle of britain time, though?" His eyes narrowed. "I suggest taking to the air for this one and then seeing who we can take out that way. Any chance of you repeating that trick we did last time? They're getting covered in rain. If you can literally freeze that on them, or even enhance the rain into sleet, it might give an advantage." He shrugged his large shoulders. "But I'll leave that in your capable hands."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc. Assuming that Frostbite agrees to the flight idea, I'd say take to the air and then let those capable come up to meet them, hopefully splitting them up that way.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 08 2010, 21:06

ooc. Assuming that Frostbite agrees to the flight idea, I'd say take to the air and then let those capable come up to meet them, hopefully splitting them up that way.

Hey mate you need to read back a bit, its Lionheart and you alone. Frostbite would love to mix it up with you but is presently on the real Isle of Avalon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 08 2010, 22:34

OOC I was going to mention something, but the clue was on the top of the post...

The Vanguard - Stormwarden and Lionheart

As Stormwarden and Lionheart faced off against the Nazi Metahumans...

Very Happy

Stormwarden and Lionheart have weapons made of 'Lunarium X'. Think it was an axe for Stormwarden, sling bullets and spear tips for Lionheart. As far as you know they should be of some use against the Nazi metahumans, but how much exactly, you aren't quite sure yet (until you use them...)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 08 2010, 23:53

PUTTY

The War Troll turned, then back to the newcomer. "I HAVE HUNDREDS." he spat. "I WAS WHELPED IN A BREEDING PIT. BUT THIS ONE... I DON'T KNOW. WHO ARE YOU. AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE THERE?" he rasped, hand on weapon.

"You are the dumb brother," Putty Troll snarled. "I got a prisoner. What do you think it is? Your mother? I bred the season before you! Who are you to talk big? You get prisoner? No! I do! I smart! I get prisoner! You dumb! You get to stand in front of hole!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 09 2010, 00:00

The Vanguard - Putty (and a pair of angry guards)

The Giant placed a restraining hand on the War Trolls shoulder as the smaller creature started for Putty. "YOU NOT SO SMART MAKING INSULT LIKE THAT." Bellowed the Giant. "YOU GO ROUND FRONT OF CASTLE, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. HERE IS THE HOLE WHERE ALL THE MUCK COMES OUT, NOT RIGHT PLACE." The Giant laughed then added "YOU MAYBE NOT SMELL IT OR SOMETHING?"

It was true - the smell was bad enough to wilt flowers. As it was, Putty couldn't see any flowers within 100m.

The Archon looked up at the pair of guards, then at Putty. "You heard him, dolt! Never mind that Lord Mordred himself said to torture me by dunking me in the muck! No way will I reveal my secrets! You best tell Lord Mordred you failed, and that the Guards wouldn't even let you near the slime pits!" He spat in Puttys face for added effect, though with his face away from the Guards he muttered "Sorry about that."

The Guards glanced at each other. "LORD MORDRED?" They looked again. The War Troll growled, then started walking "I GO CHECK THIS OUT. WAIT."

That left just the Giant as soon the War Troll was metres away, his stride eating the distance though the castle was a big place and would take minutes to get round to the front.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next