The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

4 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 03 2010, 16:46

Lionheart

Lionheart looked from his friend to the man, Muller before him. "Friend I can see you've endured a lot and you're suffering might only end when you've ended this nightmare. Its not my call, but I don't doubt the sincerity of your words. However, the discipline you've learned by which you training has made you what you are, will be just as needed should my friend here, accept you. You may think you and your team mates have nothing to loose, but you've everything to gain, if in bringing the Nazi's down, you make way for a better world to emerge. But the final decision is my friends."

The turning back to Stormwarden, Lionheart whispered into his ear, once he'd lent down far enough to give him a brief summery and conclusion to his scan of the man.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 03 2010, 16:53

Frostbite

With a crashing stride is stepped forwards...

"Putty do you see Morganna?" Frostbite whispered over the com system. "If you see a chance to get to the coffin, take it - we need all the help we can get."

Then turning within himself he 'faces' the shadow within. "I guess this is the part where I let you loose to do your thing? Unless you've got a better idea?"

OOC:

Not sure what would be best to do here, so I'm going for confirmation and consultation. I mean if I need to go and fight this thing so be it, but I seriously doubt I can damage it as I currently stand. But depending on the response I get will determine what I do next.

I'd like to add, I am however reluctant to turn myself over the shadow, as I realise there is a real chance I could be lost and it can be free to pursue its own agenda. So I am erring on the side of caution.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Oct 03 2010, 17:08

PUTTY

"I think I see something about the size of a coffin," Putty whispered. "I'm going to try to get to it now."

Putty, using the pillars to block the sight of the huge demon thing, the shadows and Modred, quickly sank down to the ground into a puddle of ooze. He colored and patterened himself as close to the color and pattern of the floor as he could. Then sticking close to the wall and shadows, Oozing Floor Shaped Putty, moved as quickly and as quietly towards where he saw the box as he could.

"So ... you are like a demon possessing me," Putty thought inside his head. "So is this like a good demon possessing me or a bad demon possessing me who lost a power struggle in the demon realm?"

He didn't really expect to get an answer as he didn't really think something else was inside of him.

ooc: You know, when we market our heroes for action figures, I'm gonna make a killing with all the different Putty dolls that can be out there!!! jocolor santa

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 04 2010, 06:58

The Vanguard - Frostbite and Putty

"You face a Duke of the second Tier. A distant cousin, rather than a brother." said the voice within Frostbite. "Those that summon him fail to realise that his greed has no end. He will devour all within his reach unless sated. His appetites are, and have always been, voracious, however."

The voice continued "The others in the chamber are acting as symbiote hosts to lesser shadow demons. The one calling himself 'Mordred' has a Sha'Naarr in him, a demon of the warrior caste. In hand to hand combat he might be able to outfight your mortal form, but you should defeat him handily by keeping him at distance. The Wizard is inhabited by a Vorrr'Shad, one of the sorcerer caste. He is more dangerous. His magic can affect your mortal form, and he should be slain or disabled at the first opportunity. The Duke is your main problem however. If you intend to battle him, know that should he slay your mortal form, I will be cast forever into the void. My suggestion?" laughed the spirit within, a bark like metal on stone "Give in to the dark power, and let me make an example of this puppy..."

The communication was instantaneous, thought to thought, whilst the fiery creature, this 'Duke' stomped every closer.

Almost overcome by the terror effect this thing gave out, Elesieth dragged on Archon to get him moving. He was still clutching his eyes, and his hands came away. His eyes! They'd been completely burnt out!

Putty meanwhile flowed from pillar to pillar. He asked a question of his 'inner self'. Not really expecting an answer, he was surprised when he got one! "At last you acknowledge me! Now when our impending doom is moments away! You mortals... ah. You are different from the other hosts. Mortal you may be, but longer lived. And in poor shape at the moment. Call me forth, brother, and we shall do battle with the Duke!"

Putty could see in the darkness ahead the shape of the coffin type object, but it was some way off. In between he would have to pass the dark human like shapes with red eyes, and of course the thing with the flame and wings was...

Putty leapt to the side. His reaction had been instinctual, and even then he narrowly avoided the snaking whip of fire that lashed out!

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 2cx7tjm

The heat give off was intense! Like standing next to a furnace! Furnace...

Putty blinked. Furnace... his parents had been... He almost froze until the voice inside his head bellowed "WE ARE GOING TO DIE! CALL ME!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 04 2010, 07:42

Frostbite

Frostbite turned to Elesieth, "Get him out of here, things are going to get nasty and we've little choice but to bring our allies to fight fire with fire."

Reluctantly Frostbite turned back to the Shadow Duke. He didn't want it to end this way. He wanted to be the one to bring victory through his own abilities and humanity, but he could see that sooner or later he would have to call on his allies.

In truth Frostbite feared his allies, but more than fearing their power he feared for the loss of his own humanity. He feared the price he'd pay for the help the Shadow Demons brought. And more importantly he feared what would his allies real agenda might be. Had they had a change of heart? Could such creatures really change such that they could truly be trusted. In truth, Frostbite had no idea, the immense heat began to make him uncomfortable. It would have to be him who sacrificed himself, but he hoped he'd still have something left to return to when his ally had finished.

"Ok, your turn..." And with that Frostbite did the hardest thing he'd ever done as he surrendered to the control of his ally within.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Oct 04 2010, 12:04

PUTTY

Putty blinked. Furnace... his parents had been... He almost froze until the voice inside his head bellowed "WE ARE GOING TO DIE! CALL ME!"

"OH, I know I'm not going to like this," Putty muttered. "Okay. Okay. Come out, come out, whoever you are."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 04 2010, 16:42

The Vanguard - Putty and Frostbite

The creature, this 'Duke' seemed to know what was happening. It thrust a hand out towards Frostbite, flame blasting forth in a raging torrent towards the Vanguardian! At the same time it lashed out with the whip of fire, the flames and the coil encircling Putty before they started to tighten up!

Both Vanguardians knew instant, searing pain of a kind they had never felt before - this thing was of a power magnitude higher than they had faced previously. It could swat them like flies!

It started to laugh, a bellowing grinding sound that filled Elesieth with terror. She'd ducked out the doorway with Archon and kept her head down. Now she raised her head, tears in her eyes. They were gone. It was all over. As the flames and brightness subsided, she saw two dark figures where she'd expected to see ash.

Putty opened his eyes. He was still alive. And he was changed. Normally powerful, strong, he now possessed strength on a magnitude he'd never felt before! He glanced down at the burning coils encircling his body. He barely felt the heat!

Frostbite uncovered his face. He was... alive? And changed. He felt the power course through him! He was changed! He looked across at the Duke. The demon no longer wore a look of triumph on its foul visage.

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 2lu8mu1

Now it's demeanour had changed entirely. It turned to Maedhlyn and shot him a glance of pure evil, before turning to the Vanguardians. Outwardly, they were little changed. <ore muscular, confident, their eyes glowed with a hint of red. And they gave off an aura of power!

OOC You are empowered by the Shadow Demon within. For David M, basically Putty is host to the spirit of a Shadow Demon Prince, exiled from its home dimension for being... well, not evil enough. At certain times you can call on the power within, and it's basic effects are: all existing powers raised to maximum rank, all over powers available to you at rank 3. That in itself is just the start. There's a limit as to what the human body can withstand, but the Shadow Duke knows he is outmatched. He may decide to fight anyway - demons are like that. Power wise, you are limited only to rank 3 and your imagination, so any power not listed that you can think of can probably be accessed. If you didn't have it before, you also gain Vigour rank 3, which heals Putty up nicely. The Shadow Duke has 6 frames per round, however, and is pretty much a match for your enhanced form. Well, aside from the fact that there are two of you, and you both get 8 frames per round...

Maedhlyn turned to Mordred "I... ah..."

Mordred was furious! "I tell you to summon something to crack the protective field encapsulating my mother and the Grail. You tell me these... these demi gods haven't been stopped by my life sapping bodyguards, and now they face off against this all powerful demon, starting by shrugging off heat that has blistered and cracked stone! What are you going to do about it?!?!?!"

Maedhlyn licked dry lips. His magic was as a gnats bite compared to the two in front of him now! "Armageddon..." he muttered.

Mordred said "What?"

"Arma... geddon out of here!" squeaked Maedhlyn, and he waved his arms... vanished!

Mordred, incensed, pulled his sword from the scabbard and glanced at it. His fathers sword, the fabled blade, Excalibur. Except.. well, though it shone and glittered with magic, it didn't particularly feel like being very magical! He glanced at the skeleton dangling from chains on the wall. They'd raised his father from the dead so they could torture him, find out secrets of the grail and about the sword of power. The skeleton hung there in rusting armour, bones free of flesh. By his side a blunt, rusting sheathed dagger, rotted boots on the floor. The man had said nothing. He glanced at his mother in the capsule that resisted all attempts to crack it, even from the so called sword! "ATTACK!" he bellowed to those around him. Knights to look at, but inhabited by shadow demons, as he was. He needed to defeat these two somehow, and have the Shadow Demon monster in the middle of the room, this... Duke... crack the capsule for him!

Even as he approached the middle of the room, the heat threatened to beat him back! He made his way round.

Meanwhile, the Shadow Duke faced off against the Vanguardians.

OOC Initiative... 1d10=7 Heroes 3 frames, 1d10=1 Bad guy 6 frames. Then heroes 5 frames. Will knock out a character combat record for each.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 04 2010, 17:06

Frostbite

Despite himself it wasn't easy to feel anything but good about the level of power he felt flow within his body. After all Frostbite only ever wanted to right wrongs he'd felt empowered to confront now he had greater power. But still the beast before him was formidable and he needed to be aware of his own physical limitations.

Knowing that the creature before him was shadow and flame, Frostbite thought Ice and Light ought to help the situation a bit. Raising both hands he shout out a blast of energy striking the creature in the face.

OOC: ok not sure what to roll for her, I will roll a d20 but in terms of to hit and what not, not sure how this will work out.

Oh lousy roll anyway: 1d20=2

Also if we have unlimited powers what is the limit of a quick blast, i.e. 1 frame attack. Presumably we might be able to combine that with speed so we can move and fire faster? Just need to know what I ought to be trying to do and what the limitations ought to be so I can keep things moving.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 04 2010, 17:47

OOC just been reading through the archived old forum (I saved it all before the place went kaput). You have maximum energy dice for the grade, all power options, every kind of energy you can think of. You can also cast magic, psi powers, all manner of field manipulations you can think of... You are limited by your imagination as a player, and your characters' physical limits - the human form (or Putty form!) can take up to grade 5 power. There is a way past that, but you haven't figured that out yet. I'm open to ideas as to how I can put the old forum up for reading. It's 314mb but may be able to trim it down to 80mb or so for the Darkening Shadows game. That way anyone can simply see what has gone on before with regards the game, characters, history etc. Or I could get off my butt and do the much promised almanac Neutral As for hitting your opponent, you have 18 dex (+3 strike) WC4 and attacking DC6, which means you need to roll 5. So you can still miss Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 04 2010, 20:22

Admin wrote:OOC just been reading through the archived old forum (I saved it all before the place went kaput). You have maximum energy dice for the grade, all power options, every kind of energy you can think of. You can also cast magic, psi powers, all manner of field manipulations you can think of... You are limited by your imagination as a player, and your characters' physical limits - the human form (or Putty form!) can take up to grade 5 power. There is a way past that, but you haven't figured that out yet. I'm open to ideas as to how I can put the old forum up for reading. It's 314mb but may be able to trim it down to 80mb or so for the Darkening Shadows game. That way anyone can simply see what has gone on before with regards the game, characters, history etc. Or I could get off my butt and do the much promised almanac Neutral As for hitting your opponent, you have 18 dex (+3 strike) WC4 and attacking DC6, which means you need to roll 5. So you can still miss Razz

Well not sure what to do about the Almanac - that sure sounds like a lot of work!

Thanks for the update on things, not having any idea how much is too much it would be easy to just say roll 50d6 v HTK and with my Psi spear (refined attack) half damage dividers etc. I guess we do need limitations but I appreciate how in the past you've handled things narratively, just write what you want. But I can see how here you are wanting to take some measure of a fight into account, which of necessity means falling back on rolling dice (and failing as I have just done Rolling Eyes). Anyway thanks again mate, I'll just wait for some smackdown.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Oct 04 2010, 22:24

PUTTY

Meanwhile, the Shadow Duke faced off against the Vanguardians.

OOC Initiative... 1d10=7 Heroes 3 frames, 1d10=1 Bad guy 6 frames. Then heroes 5 frames. Will knock out a character combat record for each.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!,"
Putty yells out, taking on the form of a scantily-clad, blonde haired beardless barbarian, and shifting his hands so that it looks like one is holding a large glowing sword and the other a large glowing two-headed axe.

Moving more quickly than he had ever before, Putty Barbarian charges the Shadow Duke and attacks once within range with his sword/fist and his axe/fist.

Actions: Move and attack with all the force at my command.

ooc: Does this mean I have level 3 or level 6 superstrength. And did my armour just kick up uber-levels too? As to the old forum stuff, could you condense it into a RAR or CBR file and use Deposit Files to link to it? Then we could download it as we want and not take up space here?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 05 2010, 07:18

DavidMcMahon wrote:PUTTY

ooc: As to the old forum stuff, could you condense it into a RAR or CBR file and use Deposit Files to link to it? Then we could download it as we want and not take up space here?

Seconded. This would make life easier - but if it could be trimmed down first that would be even better ;-). But you've got a lot on Paul so perhaps its easier to just break it up into episodes and characters (we tended to start new threads for this anyway) so that we can the sift through stuff more easily.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05 2010, 07:48

DavidMcMahon wrote:
ooc: Does this mean I have level 3 or level 6 superstrength. And did my armour just kick up uber-levels too? As to the old forum stuff, could you condense it into a RAR or CBR file and use Deposit Files to link to it? Then we could download it as we want and not take up space here?

OOC You have level 3 in any/every power you want to use if you don't already have the power. All other powers that you already have ramp up to level 5. As for the archived files, try downloading from Here. It will look like a whole bunch of gobbledigook, but if you extract then click on board,14.0 (it's a html file that looks like... The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 2a2qs6 it should bring you to the index of the Darkening Shadows board of the old site. I don't know if it will work or not - if not, let me know, will work something else out (but it works for me just fine). I'm using Firefox so it may be worth trying with that first rather than Internet Explorer or Chrome. If you guys say it's ok on your machines, will add it to the downloads section for anyone who's interested in how we got to where we're at in the game. Just took a look at the post rate. On the old site I'd racked up near enough 700 posts in 8 months. On this one near 600 posts in 4 and a half months. Of course, this one doesn't drop at random for days at a time... which is why we moved... Update around dinnertime - am off to bed. Been up all night for work Sad First thing I will work on is your 'Dark Empowered' character sheets.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 05 2010, 08:42

OOC: Just downloading it. Amazing that we got so many posts up before as opposed to now, but I guess Kendal's recent hardships have meant a drop in posting. But we're not down that much. So that is pretty good really.

Will let you know how I get on the posts.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05 2010, 13:37

OOC Just a heads up - may not get round to updating the fight today - take a look at the character sheet section to see why. I had to sift through the book and list those powers I thought you guys would have as standard when you use the dark power. Anything else takes an action to use/activate (even things that would only normally take a frame) and you get those at grade 3, so Magic at Grade 3 and so on. Your existing powers go to grade 5 or their max grade if lower. Putty up next. I hope I can cut/paste most of the info and get a post in for this round before needing to hit the sack. On at 23.15 tonight Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05 2010, 22:17

OOC Posting in a darkened room. Not for mood lighting or atmosphere, but because all three bulbs have blown within the space of 3 days. Doh. Here was me thinking "oh well, two will do." Then one. Now, I sit in darkness. DOH!

Putty/He-man Shocked charges forward (OOC 1 frame) moving rather faster than he meant to! Near the massive Shadow Duke that towers over him, the heat and flames are unbearable! (OOC that'll be 3d6htk, DD reduced by 3. 3d6=8 Htk. With the dark power transformation, all of Puttys' previous injuries are healed, and the deadly death virus that the Will Sappers spread has been nulled. Calling on the dark power saved his life... Putty is on 266/274 Htk. Standing within melee range is... inadvisable. Still, a quick flick through the book might provide a few options for you...)

He scythes with the axe (his hand, transformed) and the sword (ditto).

OOC 1d20+2+3+6=29 Hit, 1d20+2+3+6=14 Miss. Damage is massive, but reduced by dividers makes it less impressive. 74 damage (no damage roll needed, always max in this form) reduced by 7DD. 10 Htc inflicted on the Duke.

The beast glances down. It laughs and pulls a huge arm back flame forming into a giant fiery sword! Though he had virtually unlimited power, inexperience and over exuberance might still cost Putty dear!

OOC that's why I introduced the whole 'you get to be superman' thing, with a massive list of powers and only 8 frames to use them in per round. Sure, you can do anything you want, but still gotta use your skill and judgement to pick the right powers for the circumstances.... The dilemma is - literally - too much to choose from Smile

Frostbite levelled an arm. Powered coursed through his veins, raw, unfettered. Somewhere he could hear gravel voiced laughing. <<Alert! Physical capabilities have leapt beyond all known parameters. The being you faced matches no designation this unit recognises, and its body mass scans as being super dense, meaning superhuman strength and endurance on levels never encountered before. Suggest extreme caution!>>

Frostbite hovered in the air, aiming. And missing. His first ice bolt bucked his arm (OOC I assumed a Quick blast, 7 dice, 1 frame. You can allocate the HTK/HTC in whatever measure you see fit, all or some. Remember, this form you currently wear breaks most of the superhuman rules, which is why it gives Adjutant the jitters when he comes up against you.) sending a bolt smashing against the ceiling. There is splayed across the stone and froze it - hard. Glancing at his hand, Frostbite took aim again (OOC I assume two more quick blasts. Take a look in the book, play around with the options.)

OOC WC4 +3 Strike + DC6 means... 1d20+4+3+6=30 Hit , 1d20+4+3+6=32 Hit . Damage dividers are -3DD from your energy attack grade 5. That means HTK or HTC damage at 42 points apiece, or split as you see fit. Let me know if you're going for the stun, or the kill...

Both ice shots impacted on the Duke, causing it to cry out in agony. Where the bolts struck, flames died, and ice formed on the vast body. The ice crumbled a heartbeat later when the Duke moved, and bellowed its rage.

Behind the Duke, Mordred and his gathered knights weren't quite sure what to do. Though they stood some distance away, the heat was incredible. Empowered beyond a normal man with superhuman strength and endurance, not to mention savagery, they could tell with a glance that the field of battle was occupied by creatures far beyond their comprehension.

Mordred snarled in frustration, then spat "What? Princes? What are you...?" he looked up. "Those two? Look at the size of the 'Shadow Duke'! He is unstoppable! He will crush them like gnats!" He appeared to be talking to himself. "What do you mean, hope the Duke doesn't get them angry? What exactly are we facing here?"

He listened to the inner voice, then his face dropped. "Oh." was all he could say.

The Duke wasn't about to give in so easily. It turned to Putty, smashing down with the fiery blade three times, then thrust a hand out to Frostbites direction. Flame licked out, a living, coiling thing, and threatened to engulf the Vanguardian!

OOC On Putty... 1d20+4+3+6=20, 1d20+4+3+6=29, 1d20+4+3+6=21. All hits. Damage is 4d6 Htk + the Dukes' bonus of +50 and dividers are reduced by 3. 224 damage. Reduced by remaining dividers (2) means 112 Htk! Response would be a parry, you can't dodge with your armour ramped up so high. You may be better off reducing armour and dodging with something daft like +9 thanks to Martial arts, Speed, Reactions etc. Want to respond?

The fiery blade crashed into Putty (OOC he can't dodge with his armour ramped up so high) and destroyed much of the stone floor all about. Rocks were sent flying up, and tumbled down into the floor below, with boulders dropping all about Putty, and a thick cloud of dust covering him!

Frostbite saw flame flash towards him, then he covered his face!

OOC 1d20+4+3+6=15, 1d20+4+3+6=29, 1d20+4+3+6=18 two hits, equivalent of Flame Quick blast. 42 Htk x 2 with dividers of -3. You take 84/4 or 21 Htk. Response? Then your actions. 5 frames each then a new round. I will try and break up the thick ream of text with some pictures, either from my badly drawn (tm) studio or leeched from the net. Not sure whether I can do the character readout for these stats. They simply wouldn't squash up enough, but will see.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05 2010, 22:18

OOC Will also update Lionheart/Stormwarden tomorrow. In Kendals absence the call will be yours Dave on whether to trust the Nazi/s.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Oct 05 2010, 23:48

PUTTY

Putty is going to parry! However many times he gets to parry. He is going to kick in Health - grade one/Regneration; grade two/Immunity to Heat/Fire - though that probably is wasted as it is probably magical fire and heat and doesn't count. But we will try and see.

ooc: Since he isn't used to having new powers, he basically went with what he knows and first tried variations of that. Energy blasting isn't his schtick, though to survive, it looks like he is going to have to learn! What a Face

How many frames does he have left after parrying and healthing up? As to Mordred and his knights, I do notice this little power called Replication ... Idea
And being able to call up Fast Recovery or Regeneration is going to help too. And then there's the headache of Superspeed.....

Hmmm ... Replication and Superspeed with claws and his other powers minues Superstrength and all 20s in his stats vs Mordred and his Shadow Knights. Hmmmm .... Question

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 06 2010, 07:28

Frostbite

OOC 1d20+4+3+6=15, 1d20+4+3+6=29, 1d20+4+3+6=18 two hits, equivalent of Flame Quick blast. 42 Htk x 2 with dividers of -3. You take 84/4 or 21 Htk. Response?

IC: Frostbite parried the blow sending out shock waves of Ice to counter act the beasts attack. (OOC:1d20=10, 1d20=9) Managing to block both attacks, he quickly followed them with several more blasts of his own.

(OOC: With only three frames left I will quick blast with my field Manipulation. I will use three blasts of 5 dice which makes 32 points used. I'd like to do HTC because that makes the damage more effective, but that wouldn't makes sense so this will have to be HTK. 5d6=19HTK, 5d6=15KTK, 5d6=13HTK total=47HTK no dividers.)

Blast after icy cold blast followed as the enraged Frostbite vented his frustration, in destructive waves of chilling destruction, that could be felt within the whole room.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Oct 06 2010, 12:37

Steeple_jackuk wrote:Lionheart

Lionheart looked from his friend to the man, Muller before him. "Friend I can see you've endured a lot and you're suffering might only end when you've ended this nightmare. Its not my call, but I don't doubt the sincerity of your words. However, the discipline you've learned by which you training has made you what you are, will be just as needed should my friend here, accept you. You may think you and your team mates have nothing to loose, but you've everything to gain, if in bringing the Nazi's down, you make way for a better world to emerge. But the final decision is my friends."

The turning back to Stormwarden, Lionheart whispered into his ear, once he'd lent down far enough to give him a brief summery and conclusion to his scan of the man.

Sj

Hmm, must have missed this - sorry.

Assuming that the telepathic probe is positive (is it?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All right then. Help of any kind is always appreciated." He noticed the man shivering. Nearly everyone was. "First things first though. Lets get everyone secured and then get moving." Stormwarden surveyed the remnants of the jet. "Hmm. I supose that next time we should wait till it lands properly - then we can use it afterwards. Time to disappear." Stormwarden concentrated. The storm blanketing the country still was but with a little bit of extra concentration he thought he could arrange to bring the cloud levels down around here, effectively creating a fog. "Train, bus or our own powers?" hes asked Lionheart.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 06 2010, 14:52

Lionheart

Yes, so far as I can tell about Muller, the rest not sure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Train, bus or our own powers?" He asked Lionheart.

"Oh powers, I guess. little hard to go undetected when everyone is looking for you. I don't mind running for a bit chance to stretch my legs, but have to be a little careful I don't run into something. With this pea soup a building or a bus could be hiding in this."

Besides which, with the group now down, not only with the Nazi high command be aware of a problem, there was the separate issue of getting these people safe or at least dry.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Oct 06 2010, 19:15

Steeple_jackuk wrote:Lionheart

Yes, so far as I can tell about Muller, the rest not sure.
"Train, bus or our own powers?" He asked Lionheart.

"Oh powers, I guess. little hard to go undetected when everyone is looking for you. I don't mind running for a bit chance to stretch my legs, but have to be a little careful I don't run into something. With this pea soup a building or a bus could be hiding in this."

Stormwarden

"Right then. Lets get this lot out to some decent cover and then make our merry way. I wonder how the rest of the gang are doing?" he mused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc:
next actions are to 'dump' prisoners in the nearest building we can find, preferably one with as few doors/windows as possible and then make our way to the internment camp.

Besides which, with the group now down, not only with the Nazi high command be aware of a problem, there was the separate issue of getting these people safe or at least dry.

Sj

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 06 2010, 21:41

Putty saw the fiery blade coming down on him, and tried to block the blow, as best he could. Strength against Strength!

OOC Best as I can make out, you are trying to parry/block the arm delivering the swing of the blade with your own moves. Without Martial Arts, this makes it Melee/Other (you) vs Weaponskill (Duke) meaning target of 14 or more. Would have been easier had you activated Martial arts (10 target) but there are other options for parrying too if Putty gets the chance to use them Smile 1d20=4, 1d20=8, 1d20=5. Ouch. Fail all three parries, Putty takes 112Htk reducing him to 154/274Htk. He used 3 frames to (try) to parry, two more left. Health (Regeneration) is in effect all the time, no action needed to use. He's started healing already. Heals 1d6+7 next round.

Putty staggers from the blows, then thinks it would be a nice thing if he weren't harmed by fire any more. And just like that, he stops feeling the heat from the intense flames.

OOC Putty brings Energy Immunity (Fire) into effect. This takes an action. His dividers will not be reduced nor will the fiery blade (4d6Htk) do any damage against him, no matter how hard the Duke swings it (so if the Duke attacks with the sword again, no damage at all).

Looking up, he sees the Duke towering over him at the edge of the hole that's just been made. Through the dust and rubble he can see the massive creature is laughing! At him? At Putty?

Frostbite parried as best he could the attacks of the Duke, meeting them with bolts of his own.

OOC I have 3 shots x 7 dice apiece, then parry with another 2 shots of 7 dice apiece, 35 dice used in total for Energy Attack out of 55. For Field Manipulation you already have Grade 2, which is higher than usually allowed, so can't have a higher grade - it's maxed out, so you're stuck with 15 dice/5 rounds. Well, until Frostbite once more learns the way to push the goalposts a bit further. I assume you are using your Field Manipulation Fast attack. For 2 points you inflict 2D6/Frame. For an extra 4 points this bumps up to 4D6/Frame, 6 Field Manipulation in total. Combine that with a high power attack (8D6) for 6 points and you have 3/15 remaining, doing 12D6 or 72Htk at reduced dividers (-2) meaning 24Htk inflicted. Let me know how you figure it, and I'll rejig it if you're seeing something I'm not.

Frostbite lashed out, wave after wave of cold battering against the Duke. The massive creature reeled, then barked a laugh as it broke off the ice in shards, sending it tumbling below to cover Frostbites' friend, Putty (OOC no damage).

<<Observation.>> said the Computer. <<The creature you face is several magnitudes larger than yourself. I am trying to comprehend the scope and scale of your powers, but would it not be logical to match the thing and make yourself Larger?>>

The Vanguard! Issue #4 - Knifes Edge... - Page 11 Wskcao

OOC That's how I have things at the round end. Putty took a hammering but the Duke will get a surprise if he tries the same thing again. His Htk is actually 154/274 but have run out of time - have to go to work Sad 1d10=8 Good Guys, 1d10=2 Bad Guys. Mordred and his men will be trying to annoy you this round. Best of luck to him. When it's the bad guys turn Putty will heal his 1d6+7 Htk. If I have things wrong, or you would have done them different, holler! It's my first real time running 6 frame juggernauts against 8 frame Leviathans, and it's tricky keeping track of numbers. BY THE WAY. Normally it takes 20 frames from using the first point of energy to recover your full dice. It will take the same in your Dark Power Enhanced selves, so 2 and a half rounds instead of 5. As for Dark Power, Frostbite is on 4, Putty on 1. Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 06 2010, 21:53

The Vanguard - Stormwarden and Lionheart

OOC Good to have you back (again) Kendal. I assume you are ok with Shadow Vulture joining your merry little crew. I'll add a picture up in the next post when I get back from work.

With the hammer tucked into Stormwardens belt, none of the Nazis had any powers, including their new ally, Shadow Vulture. He concentrated, frowning. There. Diverting a portion of his power to maintain the foul weather across the UK (foul now instead of damaging, because even weather can't keep at it all the time) he turned his attention to the local area. Fog formed in the air, a thick bank restricting vision to around 5m. Stormwarden could see just fine though, and used the Fog Bank as a crude sonar, concentrating for a minute before coming out of his trance and explaining there were lumps in his fog resembling buildings around a mile away.

"I just want to get away from the Nazis." explained the young girl, Vine. She was in her late teens, shivering with cold and huddling in rags. Mistress Might snorted, but dared not say anything to antagonise these powerful foes.

As they marched across fields and onto an empty road, the group seemed a strange sight should anyone come from the fog. A massive man, a smaller one, in brightly coloured costumes. A girl huddling in rags and nothing else, another woman, taller, bigger, in a white costume that hung off her. Another man in dark grey costume with the distinctive Swastika logo torn from his chest and trampled into the floor.

"They'll come looking." explained Shadow Vulture as they walked behind Mistress Might and Vine. "The jets have an automatic transponder that alerts nearby forces to their plight. This fog..." he looked up and about "Will slow them down though."

Lionheart glanced about. If more were coming they may have a chance to hijack one of their jets. Stormwarden could fly a certain number of them, but weight wasn't the problem. Not enough hands was.

Coming up to a farmhouse the group paused, glancing about. The fog broke up, revealing a barn, several outbuildings and a farm. Stormwarden looked to Lionheart. As soon as the Lunarium X went out of range the Nazis would regain their powers. What to do about that?

Then Stormwarden looked up. His fog was being parted several miles away to the east, and coming fast! Well, slower than they might have been, but still pretty quick! They were heading to the crash site. So long as they didn't have some kind of bloodhound with them, the direction of the survivors was anyone's guess in this thick fog, At least it bought them time.

OOC how do you want to restrain the Nazis? Lionheart has arrowheads and Sling Bullets, Stormwarden the hammer, and all null powers, though at certain ranges. The stuff Lionheart carries is contact range, Stormwardens hammer, around 3-4m.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 06 2010, 21:54

Frostbite

OOC It's my first real time running 6 frame juggernauts against 8 frame Leviathans, and it's tricky keeping track of numbers. BY THE WAY. Normally it takes 20 frames from using the first point of energy to recover your full dice. It will take the same in your Dark Power Enhanced selves, so 2 and a half rounds instead of 5. As for Dark Power, Frostbite is on 4, Putty on 1. Over to you.

Ok Sorry I mistook the 55 dice as my dice for field manipulation Doh so as a result I was talking in terms of that. Sorry mate my bad. Right will try harder to work with this, but I'm happy to go with your decision your the GM after all.

IC:
Frostbite realised his disadvantage was partly owing to size and realised that gaining height and mass shouldn't be too difficult. So he willed himself larger and larger. Until his full frame reached that of the Duke, before he then shot out again with a massive bolt of energy.

OOC:
20D6 50/50 split. Oh nearly a critical 1d20+3+4+6=32

Damage 10d6=28HTC, 10d6=43HTK

Not sure how many frames I've got left, so I'll hold there. Like Putty I will activate fire resistance next and pugilism and go toe to toe I think.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next