The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 18 2020, 18:48

"Well, isn't that special?  Aren't you the most precious thing, trying to protect li'l ole me!"

Vickie Valiant bats her eyes at the men who want her to leave, smiling coyly.

"That is so sweet of you!  But you see gentlemen, I got here first so this is my mission and I am seeing this through.  However, I am not greedy and will happily allow you Johnnie Come Latelys to join me in rescuing the guards and other innocents trapped down below while quelling this riot and putting the prisoners back where they belong."

She pulls out her compact and presses the edge of it and it drops a vita-pill into her hand and she swallows it, instantly transforming herself from highly athletic and attractive Miss Victory into the now super-strong, attractive and now charismatic Miss V!

actions - put 17 pts into Body, giving her 18 active but technically 23 max and 6 pts into Str for a 12 Str.

"After all, isn't that more important," the now Charismatic Miss Victory says, "than bragging rights over bagging super criminals?"

Turn and start sashaying towards the entrance she was about to go to before the fight that she lost broke out.  She gives Mind Maiden a secret wink and nod as she goes, trying to gather her up in the "girls are leading the slow boys from the front, wonder when they will catch up" action.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  Admin Wed Mar 18 2020, 19:26

OOC Was there a restriction on using the pill in a short space of time? Can't remember and there is nothing on the character sheet...

If you had to wait an hour it's no problem. If that was the case Miss V would be on Body 6 as she could make a normal recovery check.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 18 2020, 19:50

That was part of my original concept but then dropped it as we fine-tuned her.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 19 2020, 17:41

Cougars eyes widened as he saw Miss V pop the pill with super sharp eyes that missed nothing, but he *may* have some other power or instinct that saw a change in the heroine!

Atomic Champion
harrumphed "Now look, I don't want to insist..." but his voice trailed off as Miss Victory joined Mind Maiden and the ladies walked towards the building holding the huge vault door that served as entrance to the max security prison.

Proton spoke up "It is the ladies prerogative to go where she will especially as she has survived an encounter with a class 4 superhuman."

"Gee thanks robot boy." sneered Cougar.

Proton looked at the feral hero and turned, floating towards the building.

The assembled group stood around the edge of the door set into the floor. It looked massive, unyielding and solid.

"We deactivated the defences before we got here. Shellghost is currently on site and trying to deactivate the doors without destroying the mechanisms. Another way of getting in would be brute strength." said Atomic Champion. "But what am I saying? This is YOUR show, I'm only here to make sure you don't trash the place so badly anyone can just walk in and walk out! Cougar..."

"Yeah yeah..." growled the surly hero. "Well my claws can cut through a lotta things. I'm willin ta bet that door is tough enough for even me ta take a while!"

Mind Maiden offered "My telekinesis might help to a degree. I can lift... 10 or more tons?"

Cougar scoffed.

Blue Eagle spun on Cougar "You should shut your mouth little man! One more word..."

"yeah?" snarled Cougar

"ENOUGH!" shouted Mind Maiden. "Cougar if you aren't going to help, go outside! We need IDEAS people! How do we break into one of the most secure places in the US that is on lockdown?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 19 2020, 18:16

"I can force open the door, I think," Miss Victory says, "but I just have a fear that some of the super-criminals could get around us and escape if I do that while we are deeper inside. Also, if there is a bunch of them just on the other side of the door, they could have blasted me while I was doing that and my defenses would be too low during those critical seconds so that they could take me down. So ... if you folks are prepared to take out any super criminals waiting for me to open the door, I can rip it out and then wedge it back into place once we are inside, more or less, while you take on any waiting crooks."

"Still would have the problem of shrinking or stretching types getting out through the gaps wedging the door back in place would cause. Maybe leave Angry Catman to guard the door once we get inside? Thoughts please?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 21 2020, 07:17

"Angry Catman? Me? Left behind, with a fight going on inside? Are you nuts lady?" snarled Cougar.

Mind Maiden looks on Miss Victory with new eyes. "You think you can get through that? It's supposed to be able to withstand a nuclear explosion! If uh, rumours are true..."

Atomic Champion looks over. "Where did you get that information Mind Maiden? That's classi..."

His words were broken off by the distant sound of a sonic boom. "Now what?" he mutters as the rain still pours down.

Blue Eagle declares "I'll get up there and take a look!"

"What the...?" he splutters, only a hundred feet up or so from the ground. He turns to the group on the floor. "TWO BEINGS, HIGH UP IN THE SKY! ABOUT ... A MILE OR SO UP." he yelled even though his voice was quiet from there.

"No need to yell. Some of us can hear you." muttered Cougar.

Blue Eagle swooped down. "There are two beings up there. One is made of electricity..." he glanced at the singed and soot blackened Miss Victory in her grey boiler suit. "And another is in a skin tight costume with a large U on the chest."

"Ultimatum." said Atomic Champion. "I've heard of him. I'd better go..."

Mind Maiden coughed "Aren't you supposed to be observing?" she asked.

Atomic Champion is about to spit back an angry reply when he checks himself. "Of course! You're right. I'm here to observe." He looked about at the gathered heroes:

Cougar
Miss Victory
Mind Maiden
Blue Eagle
Photon

"And so far I'm NOT impressed. That lady is the only one who's done anything of value so far, and she took a beating for her trouble!" he said, referring to Miss Victory.

The gathered heroes took the criticism in. Cougar could be seen visibly bristling. Mind Maiden sucked in a breath. "All right! People, listen UP! We need to act as a team RIGHT NOW! We've wasted time and it's run out. Who fancies a crack at the bad guys in the sky and who wants the door?"

"I can't get up there otherwise I'd have at 'em." snarled Cougar. "No one fights better than me..." he growls.

"I shall endeavour to engage the villains in the sky." said Proton.

"As shall I! Surely they will fall to our combined might Proton!" declared Blue Eagle. Cougar rolled his eyes.

Mind Maiden turned to Miss Victory "I'll try to figure out who is on the other side of that door. Miss V, you want some payback or want a crack at the door?" Before she answered she turned to Atomic Champion. "If the villains in that place get out ALL of America is in trouble. This... test... to join the Ultrahumans will be a waste of time if that happens. I suggest you call in ALL of the Ultrahumans currently available."

Atomic Champion looked uncomfortable, and it was clear he wanted to get involved. he pressed a finger to his ear as someone spoke on the other end of the comm link. "Alright dammit." he muttered. "The rules are clear. You four are to contain the situation. If you cannot do that the decision must be made to forfeit the challenge and we will then act. Your applications to join the team shall be voided and we will thank you for your interest." He turned to Miss Victory "We profiled these guys based on what they'd done before but I don't know you. I'm changing the rules, so that these guys can co-opt you if you so decide. If you do well, I'll sponsor you myself for membership in the Ultrahumans! However, you've been beaten once and if you don't feel up to it I suggest you leave. There is going to be a fight. A big one!"

Those gathered turned to look at the dishevelled beauty in a boiler suit. She'd seen better days but this was not only her greatest challenge but also possibly the greatest danger to ever face her adopted country!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 21 2020, 10:09

"America is in danger," she says simply, "I choose these colors for a reason. I will fight. I know nothing of Ultimatum. Lightning Overlord can actually turn into lightning for a short bit so it is very hard to hit him with a physical attack, though water seems to be his weakness, and he is able to release his lightning over a large area so he could blast all of us fairly easily as he did with those guards and myself. The prisoners inside are a danger but still trapped ... for now. I believe these two are the greater danger, especially if they get past us and free the others. So if you will fight them, I will fight at your side."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 21 2020, 10:33

Mind Maiden smiled and rested a light hand on Miss V's shoulder. "Remember you've already taken a beating so don't overdo it!"

Cougar rolled his eyes. "Gee Miss Whitebread, why don't ya dazzle em all with ya teeth an read em a speech from Abe Lincoln. That'd sort em out real quick."

Proton ignored him and offered a hand. "I am pleased to be able to fight alongside you madam. Your power is unknown to me but your duty and commitment cannot be doubted."

Blue Eagle looked up. "The electrical one is staying high up. The clouds only break every few seconds so it's hard to see from here. The other one is floating up there. He's... he's able to see us I believe, even from this distance."

Atomic Champion frowned. "Duplex! Get me all you know on Ultimatum! Powers, weaknesses, personal info..."

Mind Maiden turned. Atomic Champion raised his hands. "Hey! I'm just observing! I'm the back up plan. You newbs are going in blind!"

Cougar snarled "Newbs? NEWBS???"

Mind Maiden shouted again "STOP! Enough! If we can get one of those idiots up there in range of my powers I might be able to zap them or compel them to surrender." Atomic Champion raised an eyebrow. "Good look with Ultimatum. He started as a hero, billing himself as the 'most powerful hero in the universe'. The truth hurt and a few high profile defeats and a public ass handing by someone supposedly weaker whilst he was showing off discouraged him and he disappeared. Seems he's switched sides. Can't beat em? Join 'em, it seems."

"Our first move should be to get up there and test them out! Perhaps Proton and I are all that's needed!" said Blue Eagle. He took off and called out "Proton! Race you?"

Then he shot up like a missile!

Proton turned to Mind Maiden who threw up her hands. "Whatever! Go! Make sure he's not turned into roast chicken!"

Cougar snickered. "I'm an up close an' personal guy so I'm a little outta my depth. What say you n me go somewhere ta pass the time Blondie?" he said to Miss V. Mind Maiden bristled but held her tongue. She added "Miss Victory I would suggest we wait and see what out team mates can do." with a glance to Atomic Champion who stood with arms crossed and apparently taking no notice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 21 2020, 10:49

Miss V nods at Mind Maiden's words. She is doing her best to estimate how high up the two villains are and if she can jump that high without having to move her energy reserves into jumping up to them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 21 2020, 15:38

Miss V looked up... and up... The two in the sky were dots as were Proton and Blue Eagle who flew up to engage them.

Too high to jump unless she shifted the energy coursing through her veins. the pill was amazing, no doubt about it. Future technology and the way things would go if the Soviets had their way. Legions of super soldiers unstoppable and stamping Russias claim to the world! Or it would be if Advent hadn't turned up.

Now the balance of power in the world was wide open, there to be claimed.

America stood alone. Well, not quite, Britain was with the USA but they were still reeling from the attacks that had triggered this whole changing of the world order set of events.

She looked again.

Proton had opened fire. Blue energy streaked from his arms. Both Lightning Overlord and Ultimatum replied with blasts of their own.. then clouds obscured the view and the rain, constant and heavy, kept coming down. Despite being soaked to the skin she knew it was safer down here in the rain where Lightning Overlord would be vulnerable... and yet... could she sit the fight out?

Atomic Champion was itching to get up there, striding about and glancing at the flashing clouds. "To hell with this..." he muttered. "Champion!" said Mind Maiden. "You're here to observe!"

He looked, stared then seemed to sag. "Ok, ok. I'd be up there in a flash but this is your show Newbs."

Mind Maiden turned to Miss V. "I can fly under my own power but not quickly. That's... nearly two miles up I'd say. I can't fly and fight the wind AND blast those idiots. Must be a way of getting them down here..."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 21 2020, 18:20

Vickie Valiant slaps her forehead, "DUH!!!"
"I was trying to figure out how high to jump to try to land a blow on one of them.  Stupid me.  I'll just throw rocks or something at them!  Even if it doesn't hurt them, it might distract them or make them mad enough to come down here to face us."

"Give me a moment!"

She heads over to the vehicle the guards had driven and switching her energy around - +3 Body, +6 Dex for a 16 Dex, and +14 Str for a 20 Str -she picks up the vehicle and takes aim at whichever villain is not currently involved in close combat and throws it at him.

If she misses, she will catch the vehicle and try again.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 23 2020, 14:17

Hitting a dot in the sky would rank as one of the toughest things she'd ever done, but Miss V was willing to give it a go!

OOC This will be tricky. They are flying about, between one and two miles up and ... well, I expect it to miss!

Dex 16 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:15 (31) vs

Dex 12 + Range 11 + Moving modifier (like a trick shot) 4 - Surprise 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:17 (40) MISSED!

"Wait! What if..." started Mind Maiden and she gaped as Miss Victory scooped up the SUV, hefted it and sent it hurtling through the air!

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE..." shouted Atomic Champion though even he looked up to follow the track of the vehicle as it shot through the air, tumbling and spinning as it went. "Impressive." he muttered.

"Ya missed!" laughed Cougar and he squinted. "Think you got his attention though. That's Ultimatum! He's ... incoming!"

Ultimatum had telescopic vision that made it a cinch to spot the distant heroes on the ground! He fired at the group as a whole!

OOC Multi Attack on the group on the floor! No range penalty because of telescopic vision.

Energy Blast 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 (33) vs

Dex 16 + Multi Attack 4 + Acrobatics extra two dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,5,4,1,+0 Total:9 (29)

HIT!

Highest RV is Atomic Champion (25)

EV+3 (to 23) vs RV 25 + Multi Attack 4 (29) no damage!

Despite that the seemingly random blasts struck those on the ground with unbelievable accuracy, they were too weak and inflicted no damage!

Atomic Champion tracked the suv through the sky. "It should land somewhere in the desert. I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw two ton vehicles through the sky!"

The clouds move across the sky and the rain continues unabated. Miss Victory sprints to where the SUV is going to land and waits. And waits...

OOC Dex 16 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 929) vs

OV 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 AUTO SUCCESS! Vehicle caught!

"Wow!" said Mind Maiden as Miss V sprinted back over. "Huh." muttered Cougar though he clearly seemed impressed. "You're strong!" said Atomic Champion, stating the obvious. "What else can you..." All eyes looked up.

A dot was tumbling through the sky and heading to earth. It was blackened and smoking and Cougar mused "Huh looks like Blue Eagle should rename himself fried chicken."

Atomic Champion shot up through the rain at a terrific speed and swooped to catch the stunned hero. The Ultrahuman flew down to land gently and the heroes moved over to look at Blue Eagle. He was blackened, sooted and smoking, but alive. "He needs medical attention! I'll fly him to a hospital. Someone should get up there and help Proton against those two! He's powerful but... "

BOOOM! A blue explosion lights up the clouds and all eyes look up again, but the clouds prevent being able to see what has happened.

"I'll get Blue Eagle to a hospital and get back here. I'm getting involved, the heck with rules!" he said, and took off again.

Mind Maiden turned to the others. "With my telekinesis I can lift all three of us and get us up there, but once up there..." Cougar looked up again. "Hold that thought. Ultimatum is on his way down!"

Flying below the cloud cover the villain floated high up and took aim at the trio far below!

OOC Jumping is useful but at range you'll suffer with accuracy as the bad guy flies about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 23 2020, 14:39

"You get me close, I can try and jump on one of them and punch them silly," Miss Victory replies, while hefting the SUV and deciding whether to throw it again or not, or use it for a shield if one of the villains tries to blast them again.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:22

Cougar snarls. "They may be bad guys but they ain't dumb. At a distance they know they hold the cards. In the time it takes to get up there, we'll be sitting ducks!"

Mind Maiden shrugs "What do you suggest? Stay down here until they pick us off?"

He looked at the suv. "You'll never hit them up here with that. Good arm though." he mutters.

Just then someone else speaks up and Cougar snarls before relaxing.

"I'm Shellghost, a backup operative of the Ultrahumans. They called me in to get into the prison." he explains to Miss Victory.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 2 Shellghost-char-pic

"I *knew* someone else was hitching a ride in the jet!" said Cougar.

"You have good instincts. My abilities are not well known and normally not too useful for the world shattering enemies that the Ultrahumans combat but I can sometimes make myself useful. I believe I have been able to bypass the security locks on the main prison gate, but instead I have deactivated the means to open them." he explains.

"What?!?!" roars Cougar. "how are we supposed to get in now?"

"There is a back way." says Shellghost. "When the villains discover it they can get the prisoners out."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 24 2020, 12:32

"Then I guess we need to get inside and hope the others can handle those two in the air. And maybe that fight up there would be meaningless and the villains would withdraw if we shut down this breakout and restore order," Miss Victory muses outloud. "So, show us the way Mr. Shellghost."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 24 2020, 13:17

"Who put you in charge?" snarled Cougar. "I say we pop the door and go in fightin'!"

Mind Maiden rolled her eyes. "If that door is enough to contain a nuclear blast then the bad guys can't get out... UNLESS we open it for them! We should go in the back way..."

"An' sneak about? Yeah. I can do that real good." added the angry hero.

Shellghost stood impassive. "The back way it is. It's... some distance from here." he took off, intangible and almost invisible.

Mind Maiden rolled her eyes. "Anyone need a lift?" Cougar took off at a sprint and ran at just under the speed of sound. Miss Victory had no trouble keeping up and kept just under the sound barrier. "Guess I'll take up the rear then" she muttered as she struggled to keep up!

=========

Cougar sniffed. "The air is different round here."

They were among an outcropping of rocks and stood in front of a blank rock face. Cougar knelt and sniffed about, then looked at the rock face. "Here."

Shellghost nodded. "Please stand back." He thrust an arm into the rock and with a HISS and CLUNK! the rock face opened with a 10' wide doorway splitting in two and the two halves sliding out. "I've disabled the defences temporarily. One of them was nasty. Affected superhumans and turned their powers off. There are several like that."

There was a crack like thunder and Cougar turned. "Ultimatum. He's waited for a break in the clouds, seen we've gone and is looking for us." He turned to the others. "Shellghost, Mind Maiden, Miss Victory... GO!" he snarled and flexed fingers where gleaming metallic claws sprouted from finger ends. "I'll keep him here. Down here amidst the rocks? This is MY territory."

Mind Maiden looked doubtful. "Can you take him alone?" She turned to Miss Victory. "What do you think?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 24 2020, 13:40

"Guess we have to trust him," Miss Victory shrugged. "He knows his abilities better than we do and if he is wrong, he will buy us some time. We need to move quickly and get inside."

actions: Shift energy points +10 Dex, +10 Body, +3 Strength
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 24 2020, 15:13

OOC Miss V current D10 S9 B16

Mind Maiden shrugged. "This is your chance to shine Cougar. Don't mess it up. That means not killing anyone."

Cougar sneered. "Mind your business, I'll mind mine." he snarled. A pause then he called out "Good luck."

Shellghost glanced back, nodded, and led the way into the darkness.

The steps led down, down and the corridor had been carved from the rock. A circular tunnel with flat floor and lined with a ceramic of sorts. "All these walls are laced with circuitry. It is in effect a 'cage' to deactivate the powers of anyone passing through it. The rock around the tunnel has been fused or infused with something, but I can't tell what. I expect some kind of earth controller super of some kind has made it super dense. It might not survive a hit at ground zero from a nuke but at a distance? This place and the tunnel we're in would shrug it off. All along here are special devices - traps - that would be given us a hard time and all while our passes are weakened or turned off. I've sorted them but there is a chance that someone could manually override this. Then we'd be in trouble."

All three of them looked about. The tunnel was lit by dim low level leds and by the time they'd sped down the stairs several minutes had passed, even at the speed the trio could move at. It was substantially cooler here and Mind Maiden whispered "We're a mile or more below ground." with cold vapour from her breath. The corridor straightened out and vanished into the distance. At speed the trio moved down it and finally came to another ceramic/metal hybrid door with a buzzing sound indicating energy was coursing through it.

"Now comes the tricky part. I need to inhabit the computers and convince it I'm allowed to be here. May take some time. Whatever you do DON'T touch the door. It will trigger and attack and take the chance to open it away from me. As strong as some of you may be chances are you can't make a dent in something nuclear proof." said Shellghost.

Mind Maiden slumped against the wall and looked slightly afraid. "Claustrophobia. It's not a big thing for me but I don't want to be down here any longer than I need to!"

"So tell me about you. Mystery woman, fast, strong, tough. What else can you do? I can read minds, plant mental suggestions, blast mind blasts, telekinesis and a few other things. Postcognition, Precognition ... still learning and I figured to try and join an outfit like the Ultrahumans to get trained and learn from the best. I suspect I won't make the cut the first time - few do - but I've heard those that try and try again get considered more than those with raw power and an attitude." asked Mind Maiden.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 24 2020, 15:21

ooc: Actually Dex would be 20 not 10. pirat

"Hmmm, I can use the vita energy in my body to increase my physical abilities to various levels and I am somewhat bulletproof. Too bad I'm not somewhat energy proof too otherwise I would have taken down that arrogant Lightning Overlord instead of him almost killing me."

"So I can become extremely strong or fast or dexterous or swim or jump or run very fast. Never really thought about joining the Ultrahumans myself. Too new at the game to have considered it."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 25 2020, 08:39

OOC Correct! Not sure what happened to my brain there ... Dex 20 Str 9 Bod 16

Mind Maiden nodded. "You are probably better equipped to operate on your own. Anyway. How do you think Cougar will..."

Shellghost suddenly appeared. "Hmmm. The vault door and the walls are all in lockdown. The outer door has been under attack and triggered the Promethium pulse this place uses to make the walls invulnerable. That suggests perhaps Cougar was not successful and that Ultimatum or Lightning Overlord has attacked the outer doors. The more energy that is applied to the metal, the stronger it becomes as it draws power from the blows and from a reactor somewhere in this complex. The problem is when it 'pulses' with energy that it has absorbed ALL of the promethium alloy in the places strengthens exponentially. We are in effect, prisoners."

He goes away to think on the problem and Mind Maiden looks about, anxious. "I didn't sign up for this!" she gasps. She appears to be starting to panic...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 25 2020, 11:11

"Relax," Miss Victory replies, coming over to rub the other woman's shoulder [and using Charisma to help], "Let's not panic. He has done us a favor, now we don't have to worry about these other criminals getting out. So we can go in and take them down and put them back where they belong."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 25 2020, 13:59

Shellghost turns "Better get comfy ladies, this is going to take me a while to open this specific door without tripping the others. Whoever designed this was a genius, no doubt about it. Practically precognitive I'd say." he muttered.

Mind Maiden slumped and held her head in her hands. "It's ok, I can deal with it. I just... it reminds me when I was a kid, and my powers manifested. I was buried alive by my grandfather who declared me as a devil child..."

Mind Maiden might be a problem going forward. Going backwards it was probable that Cougar had been dropped. No loss, he was a loud mouth and it was more peaceful without his sneering and snide comments constantly in her ear.

=========

"Right, I'm ready to have a go." said Shellghost ten minutes later. "I think. The problem is if I get this wrong the intelligent system will know we're intruders and activate stage two of the promethium grid defence. We'll lose our powers. Stage three will mean this place is filled with gas or we get blasted by lasers or dum dum bullets or..."

"Don't you have ANY good news?" asked Mind Maiden? "My powers can't even penetrate this stuff! I can only see in here! Miss Victory is perpetually optimistic and you don't have any real idea of how to get that door open! We're screwed!" she wails.

Shellghost glances to Miss Victory. "Well, I can try this but I need a unanimous YES from the two of you first. I can't guarantee anything. This place was designed NOT to be broken into or out of, regardless of superhuman abilities!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 25 2020, 16:23

"Well, we can't really go back so forward is our only choice unless you want to stay in this room for who knows how long and wait for some other heroes to come rescue us," Miss Victory said with a smile. "I don't know about you but I would prefer to solve our problems ourselves. So I vote we go forward and try."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 26 2020, 15:43

Mind Maiden is really struggling now and all she can do is nod vigorously. Shellghost shares a blanked eyed glance with Miss Victory and vanished again.

Time passes...

Suddenly the lights in the tunnel flicker and the tunnel is plunged into darkness! Mind Maiden gasps and cries out...

There is a CLICK in the darkness... and the door cracks open to reveal light coming from beyond. There is a red emergency light overhead in the metal corridor beyond. It's like something out of Alien (OOC the Nostromo) with grating for floor and pipes/conduits visible. Shellghost appears and says "That was harder than I thought. Part of me is still inside the machinery, convincing it that I'm not a virus or outside attack. I can leave here and come with you but I'm not much good in a fight. Machines are my thing. Your call, but I suggest you two go on and I stay here to coordinate. I can communicate with your through the comms panels on walls but be sure to use some kind of code because the prisoners might be listening in. Also be aware... someone in the control room will have been warned the back door is open. They'll send someone in this direction. They won't find me, but might find you two if you don't keep moving..."

Mind Maiden is too busy catching her breath and waves Shellghosts hand away. "I'll be alright. I just feel ... the weight of this place above and around me. To be honest a fight is probably what I need!"

She turns to Miss Victory. "Lead on."

OOC Any precautions, what are your stats, any general plans?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 26 2020, 18:04

Keeping stats as is for now. 20 Dex, 9 Str, 16 Body [minus damage taken earlier unless she has healed from that.]

"Okay, the two of us will continue on and you keep monitoring and helping out as you can, Shellghost," Miss Victory says while giving Mind Maiden a quick one-handed hug of comfort and support.

"I'll go first," She tells Mind Maiden, "you use those wonderful mind powers of yours to help me know if anyone is coming. If someone is coming, it would be nice to find a place where we can ambush him or her instead of the other way around."

"Since you are in the machines, can you give us directions to the control room, Shellghost?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next