The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 11 2020, 12:59

Mind Maiden said she was dying! If Vickie went with MM's plan, she would probably sacrifice herself for her. She didn't want that! But ... she was outnumbered and outpowered. Even if she got free of Deathblow, without her powers ... there would be little she could do ... alone that is. But they still had an ally, hopefully, working in the machines, unless he too had been captured. And perhaps the Ultrahumans would be coming soon. It had been a few hours since they had entered here, surely someone else was coming.

Vickie's mind whirled as she thought of plan after plan after plan.

ooc: gonna think on this one a bit.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 13 2020, 00:18

Have to save Mind Maiden as best she can. If there is a split second where her hands and feet are free, she will attack Deathblow with martial arts.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 13 2020, 23:14

With each arm grabbed by a goon in prison orange Deathblow knelt to release her arms and legs from the chain to the wall.

It was now or never to save Mind Maiden!

Deathblow grinned. "I kinda wish you would try somethin' cause I love punchin teeth in!"

He unclicked the lock.

OOC Miss Victory had a choice - to somehow release each arm from the super strong goon on each side or kick out at Deathblow. All three were stronger than she was, she figured. Your targets are:

Left Goon - about 6'1, shaved head, tats, skin has a slight sheen like it's scaly
Right Goon - 6'4 ish, bones protruding slightly from skin, has a jutting brow.
Deathblow - nasty looking, unshaved, bad teeth, scars, his nails have something dark underneath. Probably blood.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 13 2020, 23:22

Deathblow, then try to get free. Everything I can into attack, defense comes second.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 11:47

OOC Initiative. Everyone is kind of expecting this, so you get a +2 for surprise that's it...

Roll(4d12)+0:
5 Miss V (+2 35)
4 Goon Left (23)
12 Goon Right (33)
2 Deathblow (26)

Making a break for it Miss Victory slams a foot towards Deathblows chin!

OOC +4 Dice Martial Arts

Dex 10 + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,2,6,5,5,9,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total:31 (41) vs
Dex 12 + Acrobatics 2 dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,9,11,12,+0 Total:23 (35)

HIT +3 EV (to Str 9) vs RV11=NO DAMAGE

With a well aimed kicked Miss Victory boots Deathblow in the head... where he simply gives a stained teeth laugh!

"Ha! You gotta rep girl, but I don't see why!" he laughs. "Hold her!"

OOC Goon left restrains... Str is acting value when wrestled like this. Str 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:13 (22) vs Miss V Str 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,3,+0 Total:14 (20) HELD and Goon Right... Str 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (22) vs Str 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (10) HELD

Uh Oh.

Miss V has a modifier of -4 to her opposing value for this! Critical Blow!

Dex 12 + martial arts 2 dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,11,3,7,+0 Total:19 (31) vs
Dex 10 - Mod 4 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:18 (28)

Hit +2 EV to 12 Str (14) vs RV 12 -6 (Crit Blow)= 6 damage BANG!

And everything goes dark. Again.

Time passes. Faint sounds, a feeling of motion and rough treatment, dragged, thrown, shackled. Then time. Deep, healing time.

Miss Victory awakes slowly, eyes caked with blood. She's in a lab, shackled, wearing a white gown and nothing else. The lab appears to be quite large and extensive. It appears the Supermax would run experiments on inmates to test and define their powers, possibly to find a cure of sorts.

Strapped to a metal gurney of possibly the same material as the walls and doors of this place, the bright lights cause Miss Victory to wince.

"Wake her." a voice.

Footsteps then a pouring of water into a container.

'I died. They killed me, or rather beat me so badly because I resisted them that my body gave up. My mind... all I am, the focus for my training and power, survived though, somehow. Because of you.' said a disembodied voice. Through blurred pain closed eyes Miss Victory peers to the left and sees a ghostly image of Mind Maiden!

'I who was Jeanette Watson-Jones, Mind Maiden seem to be still tied to this mortal coil because of some connection, a bond I formed with you. I don't know why, but maybe I can help you somehow. I've tried affecting the material world that you are still in, but appears to be a barrier of sorts that I can't break through. I need to act through you! You - somehow - need to open your mind to me. Then I can access the real world through your body. I've tried to contact others... that kindly girl who helped you with the paper clip, I've flown across the country to contact my wife... nothing. I'm tied here, with you, in the place I died.' she said sadly.

'Don't be sad. I died doing what I loved. I wanted to help others. In his own way that horrible pig Cougar did too. He's out there now, lying in the dirt, dying slowly but clinging to life. Someone else is there, fighting in the sky, but I couldn't see who as they were moving too fast, at a speed I couldn't comprehend!'*
she added.

'For some reason I can help you, but first, that barrier.'

OOC How this is going to work is that Miss Victory will effectively 'attack her own mind'. Any raps she gains are the number of APs of power that Mind Maiden can apply AND the number of rounds. Apply more power? The remainder is the number of rounds she can interact.

So let's say you get a great roll and 6RAPs

Mind Maiden can use 4APs of her powers for 2 rounds, or 5 APs for 1 round. If you managed some craxy roll or tried to go for broke, you can manage enough to unleash her full mind powers.

Beware, for your mind will fight back! If you fail to overcome your own mind (0APs or less scored) your mind will attack you back in turn with any RAPs scored being inflicted as Mind Damage!

So, right now we'll start off with:

Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:22 (30) vs
Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 (19)

+5 EV (to 8 will=13) vs RV8=5 RAPs

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 5 Mind-maiden-powers

Take a look, see if there's anything useful to use at 4APs for 1 round or less for more rounds. You can try to add to those APs if it's within the time limit. So you could use 3APs for 2 rounds with the five you scored and use the next round to try to add to it and use Mind Maidens abilities. A bit crunchy and heavily dependent on dice seeing as you have no HP (yet).

'Maybe, if this works, there's a way to live on, through my wife' she adds, though seems somewhat forlorn when she 'says' this...

*That would be Lionheart in his titanic tussle with Ultimatum!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 14 2020, 14:05

ooc: Out of curiosity, I didn't see Skin Armor defending against Deathblow's blow for determining damage. She has that power all the time, not with the vita pill. Did I just miss it?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 15:25

OOC Yup. RV6 (Body) boosted to RV12.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 5 Rv12
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 14 2020, 15:58

ok, got it.

Not really sure what would help me for this first round, maybe Damage Transference? Be nice to heal up some body.

Miss Victory, who hasn't had a victory yet today, groans to let them know she is awake and to see who is around her.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 16:35

OOC Using 5APs damage transference takes one minute and restores Miss Victory from Body 1 to Body 6. It also damages her psyche with EV5 vs RV8=No mind damage.

Suddenly feeling refreshed even with the jug of freezing cold water that gets thrown on her face Miss Victory looks about.

There are two female guards in orange at the door. Along the walls are cupboards, screens on stands, desks and computers. Many of the implements and apparatus of scientific research are visible. Miss Victory herself could easily set to work in this lab, and very possibly even recreate her Vita Pills, given an hour or two to work uninterrupted. With her Vita pills back in her system... she could...

A man walked into view. His face was heavily scarred and he walked with a limp. He stared at Miss Victory before speaking.

"My skills include the extraction of knowledge and secrets. I am to dissemble your persona then rebuild it according to Mind Sharks whim. My superhuman abilities reduce the time required from years to ... perhaps an hour or so, depending on your resistance. I believe you are a strong woman. Powerful. I do not know who you are, or where you are from. Your face means nothing, save that you could perhaps adorn the covers of advertising hoardings or a catwalk. A very beautiful woman. Unfortunately, your beauty is just one of your weaknesses that I can exploit. Your companion tried to resist and indeed her defences were admirable, but ultimately not enough. She has turned, become one with us. Soon she will be presented to you, and speak to you on why you should join our cause."

"When Nexus rises and a new world order is formed, we who were vital and loyal shall be remembered and rewarded." he finishes, before moving to a desk. An assistant clad in orange whispers and turns to glance at Miss V.

"My assistant says your skin is impervious to most of our needles. When we get the power nullifiers on line you will be reduced to an ordinary human. Or you could drop your power. What is it? Bio Electric Forcefield? Lower it, that I may give you something to ... numb the pain."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 14 2020, 16:45

"I-I have a pill that would drop t-that," Miss Victory said, trying to stutter and looking a bit afraid [too bad she isn't an actress or this might go better] "but it was taken away from me.  You give me one of my pills then ...."

She tries to look fearful. Maybe just maybe they will be arrogantly dumb enough to give her one of her Vita Pills. cat
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 14 2020, 23:09

"One of your pills? Alas, the box of pills you had on you were taken and are being analysed. At first the scientists we could muster thought them harmless. Then we set the real minds on the job." said Brainwasher.

"One of them came up with a theory about those pills and they've been trying to figure them out ever since." he explained, sharpening a saw used for cutting through bone. "The best theory so far is that it would be a bad idea to give you one, despite wondering what would happen if we did. Do you have anything to say before we proceed or are you happy to suffer? If you'd like I can give you something to bite down on for the pain."

Just then there was a knock at the door. A guard opened it then stepped aside. There, though it was difficult to see with the neck restraint, was MIND MAIDEN, stood in the doorway!

"Ah come in my dear." said Brainwasher. "As you can see madam, your companion has decided to join us in our crusade. She is still ... fragile from the process of mental correction, but that will pass. In time. Tell me my dear, do you have any advice for your friend on the gurney?"

Mind Maiden turned to Miss V. "Surrender yourself. Spare yourself the agony." She was covered in bruises and her face looked like a punching bag. These men and women had been terrible to her! She was...

'That's not me' said a voice inside Miss V's head! 'Though the likeness is uncanny I must admit.'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 15 2020, 01:23

Let's try for a mind blast with burnout on "Mind Maiden" and see what happens.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 15 2020, 12:39

OOC Here we go, seeing what is available to tap from Mind Maidens powers... maybe nothing, maybe... Remember you can also go for broke (like crit blow or dev attack, but even more if you so wish).

Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,5,+0 Total:9 (17) vs
OV 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILED OV 0

+6 EV (to 14) vs RV8=6RAPs. With 8/8/8 basically any bonus to EV is the number of RAPs you score.

5APs Mind Blast for one use. Will it be enough? When you get a stack of HP from this chapter end you can buy extra dice and explore Mind Maidens abilities (as well as your own) rather better than this 'origin' chapter...

Mind Blast 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:16 (21) vs
Int 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (13)

+4 EV (to 9) vs RV 7=2 MIND Damage.

"Arrrrggh!" said a man's voice from 'Mind Maiden', dropping the pretence of what had been a pitch perfect copy of the dead heroines' voice! "Something... did this ***** just zap me wi somethin?"

SMACK!

Miss Victory was clubbed over the back of the head with a heavy paperweight!

OOC Even with Dex zero (trussed up) the assailant only has low dex/str and with the rolls (17 vs 15) and +3 EV (to 6) Miss Victory barely feels it! No damage.

"That's enough!" said Brainwasher. "Clearly we need to concentrate on restraining this ladies MENTAL abilities as well as her physical ones! We shall return, madam, soon enough. Until then seal this room, no one in or out and find me someone with mental powers or the ability to nullify them!" he roared.

He took a back glance. "Place extra restraints on this woman first. If she escapes, I'll have your hides!"

'Mind Maiden' morphed into a scrawny fellow in prison orange and rubbed his head, casting a backward scowl at the trussed up woman! When they came back, Miss Victory knew she would be in the biggest trouble of her life!

A life that might not last much longer!

END OF ISSUE #1

HERO POINT AWARD 105
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 15 2020, 13:53

Want to add more points to my Power Reserve but I don't think that's enough HP to go up one more point. Don't have the rulebook with me here at the front desk. They got me working the front desk most days as I cannot go out and see clients.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 17 2020, 07:30

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! - Page 5 Increasing-stuff

OOC Boosting Power Reserve (FC10) won't be cheap. When I changed the way Skills work to provide extra dice and remove (most) of the need for burning through giants piles of HP it (hopefully) means you can spend more on character development rather than scraping through adventures by the skin of your teeth. (No matter how many HP he has, Frostbite seems to barely get through adventures with his icy hide intact. The dice generally hate him, and have done since Golden Heroes days in 2009. Not my fault! It's the way they roll!). Mind you, so far Miss Victory has had a rough ride so far and the dice have not been too kind despite her earlier success.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 17 2020, 08:32

OOC issue 2 is up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 17 2020, 15:58

Yeah I will just have to see how many HP I can avoid burning through and see if I can safe up enough to raise it next time.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5