The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid!

2 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:02

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

Of course, he still needed to disable the ship to save Wandafar and the others. Dare he remove one - or all - of these parasitic headsets or would he move on after finding something to restrain them with? If it didn't work, what effect would that have on the host? If it DID work though, he'd have another ally, and on a ship where hordes of War Cyborgs lurked around every corner, he knew his luck would run out sooner rather than later!

The thought of either these creatures and or Timmy controlling legions of people was one too horrible to consider. Not only because of the psychological ill health of his mind at present but because of what he might do with some many people, mindlessly following his every whim.

Switching over to his medical skill set, he took another look at what was going on here and how he might best remove the 'helmet/parasites' from the head of his nearest subject. He didn't want to cause lasting harm, but then with this on that seemed a moot point anyway. Still, he didn't want to face the rest of the team, nor indeed Frostbite, who'd take the group under his wing, after rescuing them, either. No, he needed to move quickly, but he needed to move after assessing what might best work here.

OOC: No worries about posts, my life isn't so regular as it once was, so I don't mind a pause in the action at this time. That having been said, its great to get things moving on again. Anyway, I think the above post is fairly self-explanatory, let's get the team back in the game and get them out from under Timmy's control if possible without lobotomising them ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid!

Post  Admin Tue Aug 07 2018, 21:56

LIONHEART

Using his hand held 'mind flasher' (which generally didn't need too much use these days because his Martial Arts skill was needed to just stay alive in this crazy universe) Lionheart activated the skills that would make him a world leading surgeon or physician.

OOC Medicine 8 gives four extra dive, roll...

Roll(6d10)+0: 3,3,7,4,7,1,+0 Total: 14 DOUBLE plus
Roll(2d10)+0: 4,2,+0 Total: 20

int 8 + 20 vs TN11 + 'Extreme' difficulty 8 (19) = success +4 EV. EV7 +4 (11) vs RV 8= 3 RAPs of information

Lionheart discovers...

1) The strangle helmet isn't quite plastic, more like some kind of solid plant like resin
2) It resembles plastics, hence Timmys ability to interact with it. Anything that effects plastics may indeed effect this. Heat? Probably? Cold? possibly.
3) the microscopic tendrils from the helmet have entered the ears and eyes of the host, and merely ripping them out could spell catastrophic damage and possibly even death

There's more to discover, Lionheart is sure, but at the moment he's pushed for time and has no access to medical facilities, microscopes and so on.

A blaring alarm goes off. Doors start to hiss and swish down in the corridor, sealing Lionheart IN this section of the ship he expects. He's fast enough to 'beat' the doors as they drop, but that may well mean leaving some - whoever he couldn't carry - of Frostbites team behind!

FROSTBITE

Using Frostbot to 'guide' him through the ship towards reports of an incursion, Frostbite is sure that the 'incursion' is Lionheart, and that his friend is about to be 'swamped' by War Cyborgs apparently! The damage that Frostbite has inflicted on the ship by opening a section of it to space has had an effect. The engines rumble, and Frostbot reports 'the ship is decelerating. to continue at full speed would have caused irreparable damage. By slowing down, they can effect repairs. We do not have much time.'

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 11 2018, 17:37

A blaring alarm goes off. Doors start to hiss and swish down in the corridor, sealing Lionheart IN this section of the ship he expects. He's fast enough to 'beat' the doors as they drop, but that may well mean leaving some - whoever he couldn't carry - of Frostbites team behind!
[color=#009900]

"Of all the times..."

Lionheart had left Saladin behind before and that hadn't gone well, dare he leave more friends behind? He had to hope that being sealed in, meant that it also sealed out the enemy at least for the time being. Although it might just leave him more vulnerable than ever. Whilst he was alone, he figured he might just as well see if he could find a way to help the team, or if that seemed to be unfruitful, to get the door open to get them out, or at least stash them somewhere where they'd be out of harm's way.

Admin wrote:[size=24][b]FROSTBITE

Using Frostbot to 'guide' him through the ship towards reports of an incursion, Frostbite is sure that the 'incursion' is Lionheart, and that his friend is about to be 'swamped' by War Cyborgs apparently! The damage that Frostbite has inflicted on the ship by opening a section of it to space has had an effect. The engines rumble, and Frostbot reports 'the ship is decelerating. to continue at full speed would have caused irreparable damage. By slowing down, they can effect repairs. We do not have much time.'

"The day we do have an abundance of time, please remind me. The first thing we're going to do is take time out to do a merry dance."

Frostbite was aware that they were like mosquitos, attacking an elephant. But if you could get to somewhere vulnerable, even the humble 'mozzy', might yet be more than an inconvenience. Frostbite was determined to find the right place to strike, but working blind and keeping things informal, might just give them the chance, given how unpredictable everything had been, to evade capture. But for how long. They needed to do more than just tap on doors, and pull out a few leads, they needed something catastrophic to stop this ship before it and its occupants, could decommission the whole strike team.

OOC:given the severe limit on time, we'd best move a quick as we can to where we're going and then see if we can't get some sort of angle on what we do next. This fly by the seat of your pants is fine. But I feel like I left my pants behind 10K ago and I've just realised I don't even have a licence to fly ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 17 2018, 15:28

LIONHEART

OOC Sorry for the delay! Been working all week (like, no days off) and tonight first of several night shifts has meant I've got up, done weekly shop got home and just need to hit the sack again. Joy.

With regards Lionheart, is he:

1) Staying with the incapacitated team and trying to find some way to 'stash' or hide them?
2) trying to get some out of the corridor (by scooping one under each arm and sliding Indiana Jones style under the door, if so, any preference as to who?)
3) Saving himself but probably with the intention of finding some way to rescue them before hordes of War Cyborgs get here in the next minute or so
4) Wrecking one of the doors so it can't shut properly and giving him time to get all the team out to safety/stashed in a cupboard somewhere
5) Something else. A relaxing crossword and a cup of tea perhaps. This is the most unlikely scenario as Crosswords are not (for me) relaxing... affraid

FROSTBITE

'Understood. You wish me to 'throw a spanner in the works'. Please place your hand on the console upcoming to your right...' said Frostbot inside Frostbites head.

Frostbite did so, and the strange feeling of losing something, of the sentient program that somehow lived within him suddenly departing, was experienced.

Out of a speaker on the wall, a voice intoned. "I am accessing the system Frostbite. Interesting. They have an AI of their own 'on the case' thanks to an unauthorised intrusion to their War Cyrborgs. I wonder to whom they are referring." said the wall speaker dryly. "Accessing. Ah."

Suddenly the lights flickered and dimmed. Then emergency lighting kicked in and alarms blared through the ship... for a moment. Then there was a crackle, and Gene Kellys rendition of 'I'm singin in the rain' kicked in at the same time the sprinkler system and fire suppressant foam started off in every area of the ship that covered in - i.e. in every room and important service area.

Chaos Reined.

"Interesting. I have Located Lionheart. And a number of your team mates, though they are currently offline. incapacitated. They are not far from here. If you wish I can guide the way or Skrrrrrzzzzz..."

Frostbite ignored the fine spray of water from above and turned to the speaker. "Frostbot?"

"I am under cyber attack... crackled a strangled voice. However I think I can skrrrrzzzz..."

Emergency lighting flickered and changed from red to green down a separate corridor. Frostbot leading the way to Lionheart? But what of his computer companion?

OOC head down the green lit way or wait about for Frostbot to 'reappear'? Meanwhile chaos reigns throughout the ship.

Lionheart looked up. "Singin in the rain?" he muttered. Then the 'heavens' opened whilst at ground level a fine fire suppressant mist started to pump from vents. The sprinkler system was a fine mist rather than a torrent, but on top of battling hordes of crazy cyborgs Lionheart would now be wet through for his troubles. Then he remembered his forcefield that he had at full power and smiled ruefully. With Saladin back as part of him, he wouldn't be getting wet. It was hard not to roll his eyes...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Aug 19 2018, 20:58

OOC With regards Lionheart, is he:

1) Staying with the incapacitated team and trying to find some way to 'stash' or hide them?

Now the team where outside of Timmy's grasp, at least for now, it seemed only fair to make sure they were as safe and comfortable as possible.  At least this way, if they could rescue them later, assuming there was a later, he'd know where to find them.  

Meanwhile...
Admin wrote:
FROSTBITE

Emergency lighting flickered and changed from red to green down a separate corridor. Frostbot leading the way to Lionheart? But what of his computer companion?

OOC head down the green lit way or wait about for Frostbot to 'reappear'? Meanwhile chaos reigns throughout the ship.

Frostbot had been through worse, if he was able to lead or even light the way, it must mean he had some semblance of capacity left, sufficient to help Frostbite.  And he wasn't about to waste that chance whilst chaos reigned.  Frostbite swallowed back any fear, and guilt he felt at 'leaving' his friend and companion.  Chances where he couldn't do an awful lot anyway.  Frostbot would know where to find him when the time came.  Hopefully, if this mad plan had any chance of success, he himself might still be around to be found.  He moved off down the corridor, hoping amidst the chaos to avoid patrols and cyborgs, as he moved ever ready for action.

OOC:  

Hope that is clearer, sorry for being ambiguous.  No worries about message rates,  I'm about to go on leave, however, I should be able to carry on replying to you all things being equal. I saw on FB it was your birthday, hope you had or are going to have (pending a day off) a good time.  I won't ask how old ;-).  

Thanks, mate

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 25 2018, 17:09

Lionheart figured to stay with the fallen team mates...

Moving them to an area where they were all together, he looked about. Every corridor was sealed with a thick, solid looking door. He's effectively trapped with the fallen heroes, but felt that he could - with time- batter through either the doors or the walls if need be.

As if his mind was being read (it wasn't - he'd know) he suddenly realised something. Deprived of his super senses, it had not been immediately clear but the area was now being gassed with some kind of clear, near odourless gas pumping into the corridor. It was clear he'd have to concentrate on making a hole soon!

As he moved towards a corridor/sealing doorway, however, his danger sense suggested something behind it. He zipped to another door. Same. Something was on the other side! He tried the other two doorways. Danger lurked behind each door. The fact that he could sense it clearly suggested that there were sufficient numbers to cause him severe problems!

=========

Frostbite followed the trail.

He rounded a number of corridors at speed, hoping to be able to help his friend...

And stopped short. He was on an adjoining corridor in darkness as the lights were damaged. Troops! Dozens of them! Armoured, armed and ready for battle, running down a corridor following half a dozen war cyborgs, who stopped at a solid looking metal 'blast door.'

One of the troops glanced down at the guiding green light and looked puzzled. He turned, but Frostbites' superhuman reactions pulled his head back in time and he considered his options.

OOC

1) Draw some of the soldiers away?
2) All out attack relying on surprise and his cold powers to attack from behind and take down as many as he could before they could turn on him?
3) Something else?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Sep 01 2018, 18:17

Admin wrote:OOC

1) Draw some of the soldiers away?
2) All out attack relying on surprise and his cold powers to attack from behind and take down as many as he could before they could turn on him?
3) Something else?

OOC: Now its my turn to apologise for being so slow in responding. I think I was a bit stumped and brain dead, so left it till now to get back and have another think at it.

Frostbite knew that something serious, really serious had clearly occurred that so many troops had arrived to back up the Cyborg monstrosities. He wasn't the heavy hitter that Lionheart was, but perhaps if he could freeze the ranks that now lay before him, it might serve to capture them all by surprise. But then what? Could he phase or pass through the door? It had to be a dollar to a dime that Saladin would be alerted to the presence of...well whatever was here, wasn't going to stay here for long with this much attention.

Could this be Lionheart? It fitted his MO, and Frostbot had led him this way. He had to wonder if there was another way in around the troops, he had to try before he lost his advantage due to surprise.

OOC: Ok so if I go into my liquid form and try and see if I can pass through the bulkheads to Lionheart's chamber, I will try. Let's see if its just protected by doors or more than that. If that proves a bust, then I'll have to go for building an ice wall, into which I'll flood the chamber with cold and blast away if I can. I can only hope things are so tight in there, that it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Meanwhile.

Lionheart had been in some tight scrapes, no scratch that, this was about as tight as it got. Looking around he sought either the means to stop the gas building up or a way out. Failing that he had to hope that some other desperate opportunity might yet present itself before he succumbed and was taken, prisoner.

OOC: Hmm desperate times, ok so if I can't stop the gas getting in, I will seek to try, and I cannot get out, save through a door, then I hope I pick the right door to which to go for. If I'm going to go down, it ain't without a fight. But I'm hoping and dicing with my skills, abilities, or anything else for something a bit above, "Lionheart, Smash!!!" ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 03 2018, 13:05

OOC Frosty still has no adrenaline control, hence his ability to 'push' his powers beyond their basic, low level. That means (in laymans terms) his ability to phase will not get him through metal walls or doors. His fluid form can however slip through the air ducts and thus...

With a grunt of frustration Frostbite bites back a curse as he pushes his hand against a corridor wall... when it should be going into it. Still down.

However his powers worked, the mental block that held him back was still there. In fact, trying to use it gave him an instant sharp clanging headache. It passed after moments but experience told him it would flare up until his brain had time to recover. Not an exact science of course and it was frustrating.

He hovered above the floor then changed into his snowy form. Looking about, he saw vents and 'slooped' through the gaps into the air vent beyond. It was too narrow to become solid. He slithered down its length and 'slooped' like an Eel around a corner. Then stopped.

A nozzle in the roof of the narrow vent was pumping something. He could hear a hiss from it and there was a faint smell but...

Then he shook his head. What the...? The vent 'spun' in his vision and he backed off. Further down the vent he saw light shining up from the corridor below and his keen mind put the facts together. Lionheart must be in the corridor below and they were trying to gas him! Well that wouldn't work... he could hold his breath, go without air for hours! Those fools! And so could Frostbite. He moved forwards...

=========

Lionheart rued the loss of his ability to 'seal systems' and hold his breath for hours.

That gas was getting thicker. It wasn't just him. His superhuman physiology could withstand that, but what would be the affects on already comatose humans? He looked about. There had to be a way... fan the air.

"Huh." he shrugged, then fanned his hand. Fast. very, very fast. He then spun his hands around in a circular motion... The gas would still come in, but slower, in a roundabout way.

He'd bought time.

Now what...?

Then an oozing watery 'eel' slopped out of a vent in the ceiling, and reformed into a humanoid shape! Now what? He spun, ready to...

Frostbite!

OOC Reunited again. And in a deathtrap. Again. But there are ways out.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid! - Page 7 Frostbite

Take a look.

ice production allows you to create volumes of ice to project (like flying daggers) or form into shapes
ice control allows you to move existing volumes of ice
weather control - change existing weather from one form into another
dispersal - phasing, for want of another word
thermal vision - see heat patterns
icing - cover yourself in a sheath of ice
energy blast - boom!
fluid form - turns you into a fluid sloopy eel like form
flight - like a bird, but look ma, no wings!
sealed systems - hold breath, need no air for a couple of hours
adrenaline surge - not working for a while longer!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 06 2018, 14:55

Admin wrote:

Then an oozing watery 'eel' slopped out of a vent in the ceiling, and reformed into a humanoid shape! Now what? He spun, ready to...

Frostbite!

OOC Reunited again. And in a deathtrap. Again. But there are ways out.

"Well looks like you got yourself into another fine mess..."

Frostbite said to his flabberghasted friend, who was as ever quickly composing his features. The gas was clearly a problem, seeing his other 'team' laid out on the floor but otherwise, none the worse despite some strange thing around their heads, was also a relief. But had Frostbite just put all the team in one place, to have them served up on a side plate for this despot?

He had to hope not, although he could freeze the room, bringing the temperature right down to slow or stop the gas, that would only buy them so much time. He couldn't take passengers on the way in, so there had to be another solution. And with the areas outside full of enemies, it would seem up or down was their best option.

"The area outside is rather crowded, so how about we skip this joint and see if we can't get a better place to upset things hereabouts?"

OOC:Ok perhaps I am being a bit dense, but apart from hitting things with my energy blast, and having Lionheart try and do the same to break through into a level below, I'm missing what else can be done save waiting here. Frosty could freeze the gas, but that would make it heavier and sit right near the rest of the team, and even if we did do that - then what? The prospect of fighting our way out would be pointless as Timmy could just wear us down with numerous guards, till exhaustion etc, defeated us. So if I am not missing the obvious (it doesn't appear obvious to me) what are our chances of seeking to smash our way down to a floor below?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 19 2018, 15:55

Frostbite looked to the floor, then at Lionheart

To break through the floor would need more than both of them could muster... unless he hit it at the same point and time that Lionheart, with his speed, strength and martial arts, could. Could they, even then, escape this death trap before the forces surrounding them came in.

Just then another vent in the ceiling started spewing gas. Time was up!

"The floor!" said Frostbite, and his friend looked at the prone figures of the team. "They'll live, but maybe with a few bruises. Better than the alternative!"

OOC Sorry about the autopilotting, just moving things on after another crappy absence on my part. Time to get this show once more on the road.

"Do it." spat Lionheart, aware that while he and Frostbite had nothing to fear - for a while - from the gas, the team members would be less fortunate. Suddenly it was as much about them, and it was time to get out of there!

Frostbite blasted the floor... Lionheart knelt on one knee, hand on the floor, then hammered at it thousands of times per second and in the process heated the floor until it started to glow!

"Agh!" shouted Lionheart, leaning back and shaking his fist. "GO!"

Frostbite blasted at the point where the glow was fiercest, and BANG!

The floor erupted upwards, outwards and downwards as extreme cold hit extreme heat!

The smoke, steam and debris started to clear...

Lionheart stood, having landed on his feet like a cat. The hole in the ceiling was about ten feet across. Frostbite hovered down, holding two prone team mates whilst the others had thudded onto the floor when the floor had gone.

Frostbite formed an 'ice gurney' slab which Lionheart helped take the other end of. Gathering the five unconscious team members, they started to jog through the corridors, heading towards...

Suddenly a War Cyborg 'swished' from a side room and stood in the path of the pair. Frostbite raised a hand to blast the machine/hybrid but Lionheart tipped his head to the side. "No danger? This one isn't..."

"I have endeavoured to sew dissent, confusion and panic in the ranks of the crew on board the ship in a number of key areas. I have also set a timed 'jettison' of life pods and light attack vehicles. Some of the Light Attack Vehicles will launch when the bay doors are closed. I suggest we avail ourselves of a light attack vehicle to escape with in short order." said frostbot, from within the Cyborg. Suddenly he twitched, and shuddered. "They are attempting to ... to... crack my code. An erected firewall has been breached. I... I ... I..." The War Cyborg turned, rammed a hand into an access panel and shuddered. It's other hand produced a blaster attachment and placed it at its forehead, then blew its head off.

The pair of heroes gaped, until a voice rung out over the tannoy. "Follow the trail." A green light shone at ankle level as doors swished closed to prevent being followed and others opened to lead the way to the launch bays.

OOC Anything else you want/need to do before getting off this bird? It's not all plain sailing from here, by the way...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 21 2018, 16:21

min" The pair of heroes gaped, until a voice rung out over the tannoy. "Follow the trail." A green light shone at ankle level as doors swished closed to prevent being followed and others opened to lead the way to the launch bays.

[color=#0099ff]OOC Anything else you want/need to do before getting off this bird? It's not all plain sailing from here, by the way...

[/quote]

OOC: When, my dear friend, has it ever been plain sailing. Plain Sailing, may well be a euphemism for, watch out perfect storm arriving, or whats blotted out the sun - only a meteor the size of a small moon, or what is that enormous vortex opening up beneath us....;-)

Frostbite and Lionheart didn't need to be told twice, although it was somewhat painful to imagine his companion and in many ways 'friend' was in some way suffering battling on alone whilst they made good on an attempt to escape. Still, they had got so far, yet they were a long way from defeating Timmy, his army and the potential enormous threat of invasion both in this and their own world.

Lionheart had filled in Frostbite on the threat to the planet and that still remained as did their other friends aboard the ship. But right now getting the fallen team back to some sort of safety was also a priority, one that would probably take both of them, let alone a fair slice of considerable good fortune.

All this passed through Frostbite's mind. And although he didn't say it aloud, Lionheart knew his teammate well enough to figure out his concerns from the frown born on his face as they raced on following the lights.

OOC: Ok so we move to where Frostbot is directing us, but I'm thinking about how we regroup with the others, let alone stop Timmy. But right now, getting out team back together was stage one of this fraught and chequered plan. We'll talk about our Brexit (sorry couldn't resist) later I guess.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 26 2018, 00:05

Following the illuminated floor lights through the corridors, Lionheart and Frostbite (carrying the ice gurney with the prone team mates on it) couldn't help but notice that the humanoid crew members were rushing about from place to place.

Many slowed to look at the strange group, others ran in headlong panic.

It was clear that Frostbot was wreaking 'merry havoc' in his role as 'ghost in the machine' and despite the incredible technology this vast vessel had to run it, it was all too vulnerable to an attack which could simply 'hop around' software firewalls by inhabiting a nearby cyborg and directly plugging into mainframes or access points.

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:23

Lionheart suddenly turned, and lowered the gurney to the floor.

Frostbite turned to look at his friend, lowering the gurney. Before he could speak, there was a rush of air... then...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #7 - Cold and Afraid! - Page 7 Saladin_injured

Saladin appeared, albeit somewhat more ragged than before. It seemed his plan was to rush through the corridors of the ship at super speed till he found you, then surprise attack one or both of you. That was foiled when Lionheart knew not only that a surprise attack was imminent, but in what direction and by whom!

Saladin seems to consider his words seeing as his initial plan to surprise attack was thwarted. "Did you think me beaten, ice man? The void of space cannot halt one such as I! And what is this...? LIONHEART!"

He sucks in a lung full of air, bloodshot eyes narrowing. "Agent King! The time has come to...urrrk!"

He stiffens, then a whining nasally voice speaks through Saladin "My power is growing! My control... improving! Once I have figured out a way to control the likes of you, my power will be..."

"Urrrk!" spluttered Saladin, snarling and clutching his head. "Out buffoon, OUT I SAY! If you had a material body I would snap your neck like a twig for your insolence Jones!"

He spits a gobbet of blood. Despite his boasting it's clear he's suffered from the exposure to space and has not had time to recover, despite his healing factor. Nonetheless he seems determined to take on both Lionheart AND Frostbite, and he crouches in an aggressive stance. "The final battle King, and this time..."

"Saladin shall be victorious!"

OOC initiative Roll(3d10)+0:
2,Frostbite
2,Lionheart
8,Saladin

Saladin goes first.

He attacks Frostbite with a Mind Blast going for a Critical Blow. Mind Blast 10 + Roll(2d10)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:20 vs TN11 + Int 8 + CB 4(23). MISS!

His overconfidence is his undoing, and Saladin staggers as his mental attack dissipates into nothingness as Frostbite anticipates and steels himself! This is a dangerous foe, and for Lionheart, more so! For Saladin was like a dark mirror of the hero, save he was more cunning, ruthless and violent than Lionheart could ever be!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Sep 30 2018, 15:05

Admin wrote:Saladin goes first.

He attacks Frostbite with a Mind Blast going for a Critical Blow. Mind Blast 10 + Roll(2d10)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:20 vs TN11 + Int 8 + CB 4(23). MISS![/i][/color]

His overconfidence is his undoing, and Saladin staggers as his mental attack dissipates into nothingness as Frostbite anticipates and steels himself! This is a dangerous foe, and for Lionheart, more so! For Saladin was like a dark mirror of the hero, save he was more cunning, ruthless and violent than Lionheart could ever be!

Almost with a sense of resignation in his demeanour Lionheart moved to attack. Although they could both trade blows till they dropped, Saladin had the edge on Lionheart, but Lionheart had a friend. He offered one last attempt, knowing it would be rebuffed.

"We together could stop this you know, you won't win even though you wouldn't want to believe that. Its why you fight, you know if I lose so do you, Jones will win out unless we combine our efforts to stop him. But I know that you'd see this as giving in and that is almost as bad as being taken over. I'm sorry its come to this, but I can't let you be used by Jones, and I know you won't let me go without a fight. But tell me, in fighting me, do you not only advance Jone's goals? Think about that Saladin, we could be good and that is infinitely better than what you'd be used for if Jones wins, right?"

As he spoke Lionheart moved around, positioning himself so that the gurney was at least less exposed to their combat. Before Lionheart took his cue and blasted with his mind blast so that Frostbite could then attack as well.

Whilst they talked Frostbite got ready, the cold had clearly made a difference to Saladin, one he'd not recovered fully from, so cold might be his 'Achilles heel' at least at this moment. So as Lionheart struck, so to did Frostbite, with his supercooled energy blast.

OOC: Ok so Lionheart goes for Mind blast figuring it's his strongest attack and in his weakened state...Are you keeping the up to date record of HP, because I flipped back and it must be much further back I don't know if I've got any left? If not no worries, but if so can I use for 4 hp split on attack and damage?

Frostbite will go for his energy blast as well, aimed squarely at where it might cost Saladin most, freezing his body and slowing his recovery as Lionheart goes for his mind. I think with Frostbite I ended up using all my HP, earlier on in space, if not then again let's go for a die or two on attack and effect, if not say la vie ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04 2018, 22:21

LIONHEART HP 179

OOC It'll cost 6HP for an extra bonus die. When we switched to the 'different' (table free...) method of playing the game the change in use of HP meant that someone with mountains of HP wouldn't automatically win. To that end rather than boosting stats HP buy extra dice... Resolving tasks relies on luck as well as stats in that way, rather than chucking loads of HP at a problem and having to roll 3 or more on the dice.

Thus, 6HP buys an extra die... And go for critical blow

HP 167

OOC Roll(3d10)+0: 8,7,6,+0 Total:15 + Mind Blast 9 (24) vs Int 8 + TN11 + CB 4 (23). +1 EV. 9EV+1 (10) vs RV 15 -6RV (Crit Blow)= 1 damage

Lionheart launched his energy at Saladin which crackled and flowed over his mind field. He staggered back, but wasn't badly hurt (SALADIN MIND 9/10)

Something else was happening though. Lionheart felt a 'pull' as if magnetically attracted once his attack had struck home. Almost as if he and Saladin were momentarily drawn together by the melding of minds!

Frostbite levelled an arm at Saladin and unleashed a blast!

OOC Energy Blast 14 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:18 vs Dex 8 + OV Boost 7 + TN11 (26)

Somehow, impossibly, Saladin dives aside and the energy blast punches a great dent into the wall behind.

"Too slow, cold man!" grunts the injured super soldier.

OOC initiative

Roll(3d10)+0:
5 Frostbite,
9 Lionheart,
2 Saladin

Good guys go first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 05 2018, 20:22

Admin wrote:"Too slow, cold man!" grunts the injured super soldier.

OOC initiative

Roll(3d10)+0:
5 Frostbite,
9 Lionheart,
2 Saladin

Good guys go first...

OOC:In the GH game someone with higher initiative could allow someone on their team to go before them delaying their attack and then going following them. If that is still possible here then I'll delay Lionheart and let Frostbite attack, so as to try and keep Saladin off guard.

Frostbite again, seeking to pepper the Saladin with his attack, inducing a further set of penalties to deal with blasted once again, taking a moment further to try and make sure he anticipated his attack before firing.

OOC: Going for an attack on the basis of accuracy rather than damage, but if damage comes all good. ;-) followed by...

Lionheart once again attacked with mind and instinct, bantering and badgering his foe to keep him off guard on several levels.

"Must be pretty crowded in that head of your Sally, I mean you were never one for the smarts, that much must be evident since you and not I who is once again sharing space with someone against your will. That must smart a lot. After all, an ego like yours doesn't tolerate failure like this, or are you going soft? I guess you've got over the psychological sense of failure you would otherwise lambast yourself with, by blaming a whole host of straw men. If only, if only, if only...I can hear the excuses now...so instead of attacking the person who actually humiliated you, you're attacking the one group of people with whom you have a chance to recover a shred of dignity - "how do you like them apples?" This has got to be the lamest fight, for the lamest reason, and all because a disembodied man-boy who never learned to grow up, and has a self-image complex about living in the shadow of his betters, got a hold of your brain and beat you at your own game. Still, fighting us only proves one of two things, either you are a total puppet, with a mind of cotton candy, or you really are blind to the way you've been manipulated and your pride won't let you stop it. Or maybe, just maybe you really are so blind that winning even at the hands of hurting allies, is the only way you can salve that humungous out of control ego of yours. What do you think?"

As Lionheart peppers his foe with this diatribe, following Frostbites attack, he once again unleashes another mind blast hoping this time for a far better result.

OOC: read let's purchase another die at 6 points and again go for accuracy to try and bat past his defences and hope to strike true.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 19 2018, 01:35

Frostbite blasts even while Lionheart distracts Saladin with his own unique brand of getting under someones' skin!

OOC Energy Blast 14 plus Roll(2d10)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:25 vs Dex 8 + OV Boost 7 + TN11 (26) MISS

"Again, cold man... TOO SLOW!" hissed Saladin... He snarled, grinned, then Lionheart unleashed another blast at his foe!

OOC Again going for Critical Blow... Roll(3d10)+0: 6,6,1,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:32 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:48 + Mind Blast 9 (57) vs Int 8 + TN11 + CB 4 (23). +8 Effect (to 17) vs RV 15 (-6, reduced to 9 because of Crit Blow)= 8 damage. Saladin reduced to 1/10 MIND

LIONHEART HP 161

Saladin staggered, then snarled "You don't get it do you King? You think you can beat me, take me back inside you... but if you do that...this universe dies!"

He turned, thrusting a hand at Frostbite and unleashing a mental blast!

OOC Crit Blow Mind Blast at Frostbite... Mind Blast 10 + Roll(2d10)+0: 1,2,+0 Total:3 SALADINS MIND BLAST BURNS OUT!

"Arrrrgghhh!" he screams, clutching his head. Except the sound is strange, as if both he AND Timmy Jones were screaming!

He looks up and mutters "If you take the helmet off the psychic shock will lobotomise me... If you touch me whilst taking me out with a mental blast the jolt should ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!"

Suddenly Saladin thrashed about, then stiffened and looked up "You all think I'm stupid don't you? Some kind of neophyte with powers he can't control! It was I, TIMMY JONES, who took out the Terrible Thompson Submachinegun Twins, ME who defeated Sid the Scorcher, and no one else but me and my fantastical robot toy army could have ended the menace of Freda Smith, the Wicked Witch of High Wycombe!"

Frostbite and Lionheart glanced at one another. Timmy was in control, and Saladins' life hung in the balance!

OOC Initiative ...

Roll(3d10)+0:
7 Frostbite ,4 Lionheart ,8 Saladin

Saladin attacks Lionheart!

OOC Substituting Superspeed for Dex (11) and using Martial arts...

Roll(6d10)+0: 3,6,10,10,7,6,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:31 + dex 11 (42) vs TN11 + Dex 10 (Superspeed as Dex) + power Reserve (to OV) 7 (28). HIT +5 Effect. Str 10 +5 vs RV9= 6 DAMAGE. Lionheart takes 6 Body damage putting him on 3/9. Want to absorb any? The heroes go now...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 21 2018, 20:27

Admin wrote:Saladin attacks Lionheart!

OOC Substituting Superspeed for Dex (11) and using Martial arts...

Roll(6d10)+0: 3,6,10,10,7,6,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:31 + dex 11 (42) vs TN11 + Dex 10 (Superspeed as Dex) + power Reserve (to OV) 7 (28). HIT +5 Effect. Str 10 +5 vs RV9= 6 DAMAGE. Lionheart takes 6 Body damage putting him on 3/9. Want to absorb any? The heroes go now...

OOC: Lionheart will use HP to absorb half the damage, whatever that costs in hp

"Wow that almost tickled, you weren't all that good in the smarts dept, you've got that much going for you. Which is why you go to the flying fists. But flying fists aren't going to be able to lock out Timothy two left feet! So Timmy, if you think you've got what it takes to take on a man, and not hide behind others then come and take us on. Show you're lackies what a real hero looks like. That is what you want, isn't it? You're feeling blue because no one loves you. Well, kiddo either get over yourself and your need for approval of real heroes to feel like you fit in. No instead you carry on courting the limelight behind tin soldiers, or soldiers of tin like SaladTIN here! That's ok, you've got loads more you can knock off that is why you're cloning them aren't you, trying to get more people you can hide behind because though you want the limelight, you're afraid of it. Hiding in case you're shown up when you so desperately wanted to show off! Who was she Timmy, so girl you loved but never could get her interested in you? Or was it just a seat at the big guns table, to be considered more than a boy with toy soldiers! Either way, how can anyone respect you, when you clearly act so cowardly. What a joke, its no wonder you have to programme people to obey, it's certainly not out of respect, you probably don't even get respect when you look in the mirror. Oh, that's right, now even your reflection has done a bunk!"

Lionheart could have gone on all day, but in truth this was not a lot of fun, taunting a fragile and power mad ego, but trying to push the right buttons or perhaps the wrong ones to make him offer up an opportunity to cut to the chase. IN truth he had the upper hand and they knew it. But his state of mind, his fragile ego, his desire for recognition was something that Lionheart wanted to exploit, by sheer weight of numbers Timmy had them, and soon they'd fail and then fall. Unless they could use his own weaknesses against him. Right now, it was all Lionheart could do, he knew that Frostbite would struggle to tackle his enemy who, like him, was so fast; but was content to let him try as it gave him chance to distract Timmy and somehow stay in the fight before they were all taken down.

Meanwhile seeing his friend come under attack, and yet amazing shrug off the blows, Frostbite new it would only be a matter of time. Lionheart was always quick speed and speech just as well because Frostbite was neither, and right now the two going head to head was making him look like he was moving in slow motion. He couldn't seem to get a bead on Saladin, but he looked done in, slower, so Frostbite again tried to aim, seeking to anticipate rather than try and play catch up.

OOC: Frostbite will use another blast, whilst Lionheart will again go for Mind Blast, but only if it seems that he has no choice this round. With all the taunting he is doing, my hope is Timmy will give them the opening they need to take him on one on one, otherwise, this game of cat and mouse could go on for ages, or until one of us gets bad dice and then things really go from bad to worse. But if Saladin cannot be stopped any other way, or Timmy won't let go, then Lionheart will have to blast him and hope for the best.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 22 2018, 13:24

LIONHEART HP 155

BODY  6/9

Saladin (Timmy) was apoplectic in rage. He looked absolutely furious, and couldn't spit out a reply.

This was the moment.

Lionheart saw something then. Barely perceptible, but to a speedster it might as well have been in slow motion. A look from Saladin, and a slight nod. A 'Do it' if ever there was one. That helmet on his head might allow Timmy to directly control Saladin, but the mans strength of will allowed him to fight the control, albeit in a tiny way.

Lionheart obliged.

OOC Mind Blast buying another die as per last time?

LIONHEART HP 149

Going for Critical Blow again.

Roll(3d10)+0:  4,6,8,+ Mind Blast 9 (23) vs Int 8 + TN11 + CB 4 (23) MISS (just!)

This time Saladin/Timmy managed to (just!) resist the blast. Perhaps it was his rage, or simply luck that kept Lionhearts enemy on his feet.

Frostbite unleashed a blast of his own... Knowing how agile Saladin was it was clear that aiming to put him down with one shot would not succeed.

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 + Energy Blast 14 (29) vs Dex 8 + TN11 + Power Reserve 7 (26) HIT +2 Effect to 16) vs RV12 = 4 damage

Saladin spun, snarling. "So, cold man... you ARE more than simply window dressing for Lionheart here! I feel you need a lesson to be taught!"

OOC Saladin attacks Frostbite.

Roll(6d10)+0:  4,8,9,6,6,7,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:31 + Dex 8 (39) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20) + Dispersal 5 (25) = HIT +5 Effect (using superspeed as EV)= 16 vs RV 16. No damage

Despite the hundreds of blows that struck Frostbites slushy form, he managed to resist the blows. Just. Without his slushy/snowman form he suspected he'd be out for the count right now!

OOC initiative

Roll(3d10)+0:
4 Frostbite
6 Lionheart
1 Saladin

Want to spend on more HP on attack dice for Mind Blast? I assume you want to have another go at breaking through.

As Lionheart was about to unleash another attack, doors exploded inwards in every direction! War Cyborgs clanked forwards in great numbers! There must be... half a dozen each coming from four directions down corridors and levelling weapons!

The heroes would only get one more shot at this and it would have to be a good one!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 23 2018, 20:37

Admin wrote:[size=18]LIONHEART HP 155

Want to spend on more HP on attack dice for Mind Blast? I assume you want to have another go at breaking through.[/i][/color]

As Lionheart was about to unleash another attack, doors exploded inwards in every direction! War Cyborgs clanked forwards in great numbers! There must be... half a dozen each coming from four directions down corridors and levelling weapons!

The heroes would only get one more shot at this and it would have to be a good one![/b]

Lionheart knew that Saladin was onto something and it was potentially a now or never moment.  Summoning what strength, concentration and skill he had, Lionheart knew that this was the moment where training, experience and determination (and if he was a spiritual man, perhaps even a word of prayer) might come together.  He had to try it all or nothing might well be all they walked away from.  

Ignoring the combat around him, he drew in and then drew forth the power that science had unlocked that lay dormant and with a nudge now laid bare in his abilities.  And gave it his all and some.  This had to work, or all their work potentially would come to nothing.  

OOC: Yup going for it lets buy enough dice to make sure we hit and do the damage we need to, or else we might as well pack up and go home ;-)

Meanwhile seeing that ever so subtle tell in his friend, that only a fellow teammate who had faced many a challenge together with, the subtle shift in body, the look in the eye, the gesture of hands and readying of mind, will and heart.  Frostbite knew Lionheart would give it all he had.  Since his own efforts proved so fruitless in trying to help directly, he instead sought to offer help with stopping the gatecrashers.  And blasted with abandon toward the nearest threats heading in on Lionheart.  

OOC: I figure that depending on what happens next, Frostbite's best tactic would be to go for those most likely to throw off Lionheart or hurt him when he is done and vulnerable.  So either I'll create a shield around him to protect him and slow the warborgs or use energy blast to create iced up floors to make them slip, and slide or freeze their gears, or otherwise hinder the mobility, rather than attack them directly - which I think would have the least effect on more than my trying to make better use of generic powers to slow them up for a round.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 31 2018, 14:11

OOC try again. Posted at 0800 this morning then Chrome froze as I was trying to upload a picture. Lost an hours work, then had to go pick the kids up Rolling Eyes Fingers crossed this time...

LIONHEART HP 128

Lionheart knew as soon as the shot landed that it was enough. A heartbeat later, he wondered whether he'd done the right thing...

His mental blast struck home (OOC bought three extra dice roll of 18) and Saladin writhed in silent agony, clutching his head.

As did Lionheart.

What?!?!?!

A sensation like being torn apart at the molecular level, shaken up and down, then being poured back into a mould wasn't the most scientific way of describing how Lionheart felt, but it would do.

Then pain, a blinding flash, sound like roaring... And darkness.

=========

Lionheart woke to darkness. Not absolute stygian black. There were sporadic lights on in the corridor.

Emergency lighting? Something else. He could hear the strain of metal, creak of motors working... A look around. He was in the corridor. Frostbite! He lay prone on the floor, powered down in human form. Even his chestplate was pale white!

He was at his side in a fraction of a heartbeat, feeling for a pulse... He breathed a sight of relief, then sped to check the others. He stood, satisfied that Frostbite and his rescued team members were merely unconscious. The cyborgs lay sprawled about haphazardly, as if they'd simply been shut down.

No sign of Saladin, and he knew why.

'Yes Agent King, we are as one again. My brief taste of freedom did not turn out as I'd hoped. However, better this than being a pawn of Timothy Jones.' said a voice inside his head.

Lionheart absorbed that for a moment. He was whole again! He flexed a fist, punched a wall. The hardened alloy bent inwards. He boosted his strength, punched again.

The section of corridor crumpled inwards and crashed inwards, dragging beams, electronics and pipes with it. He stood in the settling dust and knew he was at full power again. But at what cost?

'What indeed? It seems the impossible physics that shrank and separated us have been disrupted and rendered us whole again. Furthermore, the process had a side effect. The ship appears to have been 'shut down'. The question remains, what else has happened?'

Lionheart should have been able to hear the multiple fusion power plants on this vast vessel. The fact that he couldn't suggested the thing was running on batteries. Lighting, antigravity, life support... How long did they have?

=========

Frostbite woke to the mother of all headaches. He couldn't remember quite what had happened, but when he opened his eyes Saladin was gone and Lionheart had just demolished a wall with a single punch!

His chestplate wasn't blue - Frostbot was... elsewhere. He had the feeling, somehow, that he didn't have much time to recover his friend or he.. it... would be lost forever! What had happened though? And...

KEEEERRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

A deafening grinding sound coming from the ship itself, along with what felt like an earthquake, suggested the vast ship was crashing into something!

He saw Lionheart as his friend turned to him. They had moments to do something before ... before something even worse happened!

OOC Lionheart is back to FULL POWER. Saladin is once more part of him. Frostbite is on full health/power and the team are all unconscious. The War Cyborgs, like the ship, are shut down. And the ship itself seems to be crashing, scraping, grinding into/along something!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 09 2018, 15:12

Admin wrote:His chestplate wasn't blue - Frostbot was... elsewhere. He had the feeling, somehow, that he didn't have much time to recover his friend or he.. it... would be lost forever! What had happened though? And...

KEEEERRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

A deafening grinding sound coming from the ship itself, along with what felt like an earthquake, suggested the vast ship was crashing into something!

He saw Lionheart as his friend turned to him. They had moments to do something before ... before something even worse happened!

OOC Lionheart is back to FULL POWER. Saladin is once more part of him. Frostbite is on full health/power and the team are all unconscious. The War Cyborgs, like the ship, are shut down. And the ship itself seems to be crashing, scraping, grinding into/along something!

OOC:Opps sorry about this Paul, I had meant to reply, but a combination of business and an overflowing inbox meant this got pushed down so far I completely forgot it was there. Anyway it wasn't for any other reason...

"We need to get these guys off and collect the others. I've got Frostbot to collect as well, we need to find a working terminal where I can connect to him."

Lionheart meanwhile seemed to be still adjusting, the sneering presence of Saladin wasn't helping his concentration as Frostbite seemed to speak in slow motion. The adjustment he was having to make to having his full suit of powers was jarring. He took the moment between breaths, as Frostbite was shouting, to gather his wits and grab as many of the team as he could. His hope was that he could help carry them - and look for a way off the ship. But even in his empowered state he had to adjust to what he could do, and do it in the time they had before whatever they were crashing into crushed their only way off.

Lionheart appeared to be blurring. Frostbite wasn't sure if he'd been knocked in the head one too many times. But even as he spoke, Lionheart suddenly was carrying the team members, as many as he could grab without crushing, without any apparent effort. Frostbite realised now why Saladin wasn't with them, and what this must mean. Time to make a break, if the lead ship was out, so to might be the others, left in the vacuum of space they would carry on until...well the sudden collapse of struts and superstructure about them answered that.

Time to get out and get Frostbot, but which way. Back the way they came...it seemed their only chance.

OOC: Ok well nothing ventured nothing gained, Frostbite will try and grab whom he can, and together with Lionheart head back the way they came in, as best they can. Looking for both a way out and a terminal in which to retrieve Frostbot. Oh and on our wish list of 15 unlikely things to get (but we're asking anyway - cheeky wink) including a ship to get off this hunk of junk. ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 09 2018, 16:23

Between them the heroes had no trouble carting the unconscious team members about

Essentially their living cargo was weightless to both their superhuman strengths, but providing comfort was another thing. Lionhearts telekinesis did just the trick and the unconscious team floated dutifully along behind Frostbite and Lionheart.

As they moved through the ship it was clear that whatever had happened had incapacitated not just the cyborgs but the clone ship crewmembers too. They were all alive, but 'rebooting' so to speak, as Lionheart and Frostbite had done. Without superhuman abilities that process took longer.

One thing became clear though. Without power this vessel would effectively become a tomb, with everyone on board dying from lack of oxygen eventually or simply freezing to death. on top of that, the batteries would soon fail to provide gravity and it would be a lifeless hulk in space!

Frostbite tested every terminal he could find, but all were dormant!

Lionheart thought for a moment, placed the crewmembers down, then raced through the ship at faster than the eye could register speed! He was back in a heartbeat, though for him time had passed as he checked every corridor and decent sized room.

His report was grim. "All through the ship. Thousands of crew like these. They are going to die unless we do something!"

Frostbite looked at the dead terminal. Without power he couldn't get Frostbot back!

=========

A few minutes later the group arrived at one of the vast ships fusion power plants.

The huge cylinder, like everything else, lay dormant.

Lionheart took a moment to upload his 'Vehicles' ability (OOC just moving things on) and looked about.

With his hands dancing over the console faster than Frostbite could follow, he wondered just what his friend was doing!

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 7,8,6,8,10,8,+0 Total:16 +Roll(2d10)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:33 + Int 9 (42). Easily enough to figure out how to restart the power plant!

With a hum and glow of light, the power plant came back online. Lionhearts hands danced again. "I've locked out the bridge controls. Only way to regain them is to crack the code I just entered. I can't imagine they'll know the date of my brithday!"

Lights came back on, as did heating and fresh air. The crew would soon come around, but Lionheart added "I found a command in there to reboot the War Cyborgs. As you can imagine I didn't use it!"

Frostbite turned to a terminal as it finished rebooting, then reached a hand for it.

Almost immediately a blue spark popped from it to his finger and his blue chestplate lit up! Frostbot was back!

'An interesting but inadvisable excursion for me. Had the batteries drained I would have been deleted!' the program explained. 'As it is... fascinating. We are back to our usual size and have exited the microverse to re-enter OUR world... complete not only with the Empire fleet vessels but Rarghan's homeworld as well! Accessing the navigation computer... Earth is not on the charts, but the scanning process to local star systems should be complete in a few minutes and from there we can plot a course back to Earth. The act of Lionheart re-joining with Saladin appears to have 'broken' several laws of the microverse universe, which has different physics to our own. I would hypothesise that we left that universe with a light minute sized bubble in the vacuum of space, and that the universe 'flooded in' to that hole. The star system we left behind will be in disarray, unfortunately.'

Frostbot continued 'The deep space scanners have come back with data. Another issue is that the other spaceships that were nearby - including our own stolen vessel - need reactivating quickly to restore power and life support, not to mention propulsion. This one has suffered some outer hull damage when one of its support vessels collided with it whilst drifting. Oh my. The ship which collided is tumbling steadily towards this solar systems sun! All onboard will be killed!'

Suddenly a light at knee level lit up and Frostbite looked about. 'I have illuminated a path to the shuttle bay and activated one of the shuttles drives. It is ready to take off.'

Frostbite and Lionheart had work to do - save their friends aboard their own ship or try to stop the other vessel falling into the sun! And what about Rarghan's homeworld? The fact that they were back in their own universe was good news at least. Unfortunately the where part still had to be determined!

OOC No worries about delay mate, real life takes precedence as we all know!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Nov 11 2018, 20:00

Admin wrote:Frostbite and Lionheart had work to do - save their friends aboard their own ship or try to stop the other vessel falling into the sun! And what about Rarghan's homeworld? The fact that they were back in their own universe was good news at least. Unfortunately the where part still had to be determined!
[color=#0066ff]

Lionheart looked at Frostbite knowing that as far as they had come, they were going to struggle to save both crews if they didn't split up.

"Looks like we've got to break up the party if we're going to try and do two things at once. I guess I get the ship diving into the sun, at least I've got my co-pilot to help thanks to you."

Lionheart grinned back, "Anytime, you'd not be the same if you weren't glowing blue, most disconcerting. Right you are, I'll tidy things up here and head out to our ship, pronto."

And with that Frostbite followed the lit path, whilst Lionheart made sure that the rest of the team were at least safe and free from immediate harm before also taking off in the direction to gain access to another shuttle.
OOC: Unless that is, flying straight out into space under my own steam, with my forcefield/sealed system Superman style is going to be sufficiently quick enough.

Once Frostbite has gained the ship he'll fly over and try and access either the cockpit or drives to do what Lionheart managed to do and restart the drive systems. As regards to Lionheart, he equally will see what needs doing to bring onboard systems. After which, I guess he might need to think about bringing online the other ships before they too lose their crew to the harsh reality of space.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 12 2018, 14:27

Frostbite carried the ice gurney with the unconscious team mates through the ship even as Lionheart sped to the nearest airlock.

With his full power restored Lionhearts confidence started to return, but he was still unsure of his full limits it seemed.

'Fool. You won't know until you unleash yourself!' said Saladin inside his mind.

Ignoring him, Lionheart cycled an airlock, stepped through, then another, whilst taking a huge gulp of air that should see him to around 3 or 4 hours (OOC actually over 8 hours...) he hoped.

The forcefield would protect him from the cold and vacuum of space, and his shifted his mental energy to his flight.

The outer door cycled, and once more Lionheart floated in the void. A quick look about with Telescopic Vision revealed... There! It was moving though, no time to waste!

He set off, then poured on the speed...

=========

Frostbite got to the 'boat' bay and set his team mates down. They were starting to stir, but he had no time for answering questions.

A touch of a panel started a sequence of events that would say the bay sealed and the outer doors opened from within the shuttle.

'The systems can be automated enough so that there is no need for you to guess which lever to pull or button to press' said Frostbot within his mind. Frostbite breathed a mental sigh of relief. He was still a late '20s boy from the farm after all, albeit one that shared the mind of a superhero from another time AND his sentient computer companion!

With everyone on board and coming to, Frostbite shouted "hang on!" as he set the shuttle in motion, and set course for 'his' ship, with Jarna, Wandafar and Rarghan on board. Their life support systems would need rebooting. Below the planet - Rarghans homeworld - rotated and far beyond it, the systems small sun! This - Frostbites - galaxy had a new star and planet along with several moons added!

Minutes later he was watching as an automated docking sequence manoeuvred the shuttle into place and started to cycle an airlock. He wondered how Lionheart was getting on...

=========

At maximum speed Lionheart couldn't hit the speed of light... but he wasn't too far short!

OOC An eight of lightspeed to be precise.

Catching the vessel was no problem. What to do with it after that?

'Stop it turning, then fly it back. idiot.' suggested Saladin.

This thing was vast! Bigger than an aircraft carrier! It must weigh... half a million tons! Maybe more!

Swooping around to the front of the vessel, Lionheart considered punching through the hull or an airlock and gaining access to the computers. Then he looked at the sun. He could feel the heat even from here. Smaller than Earths sun, it would nonetheless cause the vessel to burn up and explode if it weren't slowed! With an inner intake of breath he gathered his power and poured it into his strength.

Grabbing ultra hard metal armour he grasped it... and chunks tore off like paper in his hands! Those parts floated away as he looked for something more substantial. A stress bearing part of the structure. Grabbing that, he winced as it bent under his fingers, then used his (normal) power of flight to act as an anchor from which to apply his strength...

The huge vessel, with the tiny costumed dot at its head stopped rotating and straightened. Then, slowly, started to drift backwards as he 'flew' it back to a safe orbit around the planet!

Moments later he was inside, thanks to a crumpled and hastily repaired airlock door that had a section of armour plate pounded across it to seal the breach. Then to the fusion plant room, fire up the plants and... there.

From there to the bridge, locking out the controls aside from low speed manoeuvring and life support. No weapons...

With a cursory glance at the recovering crew, he also locked out the reactivation of the War Cyborgs.

That done, back to an airlock, cycling - which took an age to his super speed - and out into space and back towards Frostbites vessel.

=========

Frostbite was pleasantly surprised to have found Wandafar already on the case.

With the dwarfs superhuman constitution, he had recovered sufficiently to find his way to a fusion plant and restart it, but needed more hands to help pilot it.

Frostbite provided those and Wandafar sounded almost grateful! "About bloomin time." he muttered. "Never like zis in my day. Always ze robbing of benks, or jewel thieves, or maniac viz ze big ideas but pea sized brain... Zis? Is like Star Trek! Good, but not Eastenders." he grumbled.

Thomas White aka Gravitas walked gingerly up to the pair of heroes. "So glad to see you two again, but I... we ALL have the mother of all headaches!"

Steph - Reflex - glanced at Frostbite and suggested "You need to rest. All of you. In sick bay! That's an order!"

Thomas frowned and opened his mouth to argue but Steph added "From the sounds of whatever were used to control you, there may be ... something left over inside of you that needs removing!" At that Gravitas paled, nodded and allowed himself to be led back to sick bay.

Wandafar turned to Frostbite. "Ve ARE in our glaxay, but a long vay from home. Zis ship is hyperspace capable, but in ze micro verse. Everything about it suggests thet it has simply been enlarged to our normal size. But for how long? I sink vat ve need to do is find a vay off this ship und avay from zis whole area of space. If it shrinks again, ve vill go viz it."

He had a point!

Jarna came up, rubbing her head. "Good job on taking out that mothership! If what Wandafar says is right, you may need me to help plot a course back to your home, wherever it is." She looked wistfully about. "There's nothing for me back there. Is there a space for a purple skinned alien girl on your world?"

Wandafar chuckled "You'd fit right in."

Just then Lionheart sped up with a rush of air... "Nicetoseeyouguyshavesortedeverything... every thing out." he said, trying to slow himself down. "Did I miss anything?"

=========

OOC And that is a wrap for this chapter. Only took two years to complete! As I mentioned to David in his thread I'm sussing out a way for you to boost abilities as a reward in addition to handing a pile of hero points over. At the rate you guys burn through them, you'll never have any left over to improve the characters, and after years of play, it's time you got chance to add a few tweaks! Watch for the next couple of days not just for reward hand outs but the newest chapter in the game...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 12 2018, 20:39

Admin wrote: Wandafar chuckled "You'd fit right in."

Just then Lionheart sped up with a rush of air... "Nicetoseeyouguyshavesortedeverything... every thing out." he said, trying to slow himself down. "Did I miss anything?"

=========

OOC And that is a wrap for this chapter. Only took two years to complete! As I mentioned to David in his thread I'm sussing out a way for you to boost abilities as a reward in addition to handing a pile of hero points over. At the rate you guys burn through them, you'll never have any left over to improve the characters, and after years of play, it's time you got chance to add a few tweaks! Watch for the next couple of days not just for reward hand outs but the newest chapter in the game...

OOC: Excellent wrap nicely done - 2 years, wow micro universe but big world ;-)

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next