The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 6 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 17 2018, 11:55

do it again, but to make sure I'm trying to subdue and not kill him here. With only one body left, don't want him dying on me or having us to stick around to do First Aid to keep him alive.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 6 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Post  Admin Thu May 17 2018, 12:17

OOC No worries on that score - the DC Heroes/Blood of Heroes system basically separates the non from the lethal combat. The only issue if death from knockback, but against superhumans you are essentially needing crazy levels of knockback - like, miles - to inflict any damage on a super dense/tough body. It's how someone like Doomsday in the comics can rip through the Justice league then go toe to toe and kill Superman. Bashing combat, then Killing against Big Blue.

Haunt could see the hairy madman was reeling, despite the grin on his face. Sure, he could be actually enjoying this pasting he was getting, but it couldn't last. Something had to give!

OOC Roll(7d10)+0: 7,7,1,6,4,4,5,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:22 + Dex 9 (31) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20). +5EV (19) vs RV14= 5 Damage.

Honey Badger absorbs the lot (15HP cost) HONEY BADGER 10HP

"Huh... ha!" roared the bloodied man as he staggers back, smacking against the wall and spitting a mouthful of crimson before showing a bloodied grin. "You're tiring, Spooky! When I rip you again, your guts are gonna spill! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

OOC Honey Badger is now in KILLING COMBAT

He sprints at Haunt and slashes again, this time with a ferocity Haunt and Yeoman had not seen before! Teeth, Claws, feet, elbows, head... the maniac dived at Haunt and ripped into him!

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 6,2,10,10,4,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:24 + Dex 9 (33) vs TN11+ Dex 9 (20). +4EV (18) vs RV 13 = 5 Damage. Haunt absorbs them HAUNT HP 192

Haunt ducks, dives, gets caught on the chin and arms, twists away from a slash and jumps to the side as Honey Badger snarls and crouches, ready to pounce again.

"Dammit! Will you just GO DOWN!" yells Yeoman as he raises two fists above his head and brings them down at Honey Badger...

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 3,7,10,3,7,9,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:25 + Dex 9 (34) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +5 EV (18) vs RV 14= 4 damage. Honey Badger absorbs the damage HONEY BADGER 0 HP

WHACK!

"Oh... COME ON!" yells Yeoman. Honey Badger gets up, rolls his neck then wobbles on his feet slightly. Haunt recognised a punch drunk boxer when he saw one, but the mans rage kept him adrenaline fuelled. How much more could he take? For that matter, Haunt himself wasn't too steady on his feet!

OOC Initiative..

Haunt 8 +3 (11)
Yeoman 3 + 4 (7)
Honey Badger 10

Haunt first, then Honey Badger then Yeoman

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 17 2018, 14:08

Form giant flyswatter arm/hand and smash him into the ground.

ooc: Now I'm really getting worried. Going through HP like water through a sieve. Basically want to keep my Body at 80% roughly and letting regeneration fix the rest after each fight. That was the plan, may have to alter it after this fight.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 21 2018, 21:43

Yeoman had enough time to glance aside at the giant fly swatter and gasp "Wha..?" before it came down on Honey Badger!

OOC Remember things like Critical Blow and Devastating attack - make it harder to hit and easier to inflict damage. As it is I would have thought a fly swatter qualifies as an area attack so I'll treat it as a sweep (-2 OV -2RV)

Roll(7d10)+0: 1,8,4,3,2,4,7,+0 Total:8 Yuck. Double though. plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:17 + Dex 9 (26) vs TN11 + Dex 9 -2 Sweep attack (18). Hit +4EV (18) vs RV14 -2 Sweep = 6 Damage.

With a loud SLAP! the hairy muscled angry fellow goes down.

Haunt breathes a sigh of relief... then his eyes widen as there is movement below the fly swat. Surely not!

Then the body sags and slumps to the floor.

Yeoman moved over as Haunts' hand receded and checked the pulse on the guy. "Strong. He's not going to stay down long. That said, if we stick around here for much longer we'll be trapped - with no powers. When the power comes back on..."

Haunt wasn't feeling too great, but could feel his body start to mend itself. in a couple of minutes he'd be good as new... but did they have two minutes?

OOC Honey Badger is out. He does have a low level of Mind over Matter but it (just) failed to get him back on his feet. The fly swat literally made the difference.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 22 2018, 20:55

"Let's keep going. Hopefully nothing else will happen in the next few minutes and I should be right as rain by then. Just remember he will probably be here and awake when we come back this way and will have to take him out again."

ooc: are we near other cells? A cell we can place him in, if the power comes back on, that cell might hold him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 26 2018, 07:48

The cell doors are open nearby and the pair make sure the hairy maniac is dumped inside.

Crimping the door with steel hard fingers, Yeoman and Haunt move on.

They don't have to go far.

Just round the corner is a long corridor. Cell doors are open down the length of it and at the end, some 100 feet away, a gathering of people. Six were stood about and several stood out.

One had more of a shell than normal skin. An ugly thing, he was all claws, feelers and hard shell. A human Crayfish.

Another had what amounted to a square head. Headbanger.

A tall woman, covered in scales where her prison clothes didn't cover, looked like a human/snake Hybrid. Deathrattle.

The other three were making a point/arguing and there were another four in prison clothes on their knees, hands above their heads. Perhaps they weren't 'getting with the program' of joining a supervillain army and escaping?

"That's not all of 'em." whispered Yeoman, covering his mouth and barely audible even with Haunt stood nearby. "We really don't have time to beat the stuffing out of em and get out. We need to grab our guy and go!"

"Whatever future gizmo your buddy from the future used it's not going to last, and we're in serious danger of becoming residents..." he muttered. "How you wanna play this?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 27 2018, 12:13

"Let's see if we can scare them into running away and not bothering us," the Haunt mutters back

"BOO!," the white clad comedian yells while activating his Fear Aura, putting HP into hitting well, leaving Yeoman and those on the ground who look like they don't want to join in the breakout out of the effect.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 07 2018, 14:30

OOC Haunt HP 192
It's a tricky one - you basically attack each and every target in the group separately so it would cost a fortune in HP to add dice to every roll. Heck, it might actually clean you out!

There are 10 targets in this group, will assume 6HP (1 extra die) per target.

Haunt HP 132

Roll(3d10)+0: 1,8,1,+0 Total:9 + AoF 9 vs TN11 + OV5
No Effect on Crayfish

Roll(3d10)+0: 7,7,10,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:23 + AoF 9 (32) vs TN11+Ov7 (18). 14EV vs RV15 No effect on Headbanger

Roll(3d10)+0: 7,7,5,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:26 + AoF 9 (35) vs TN11 + 7 OV (18). +6EV (15) vs RV16 No effect on Deathrattle

Roll(3d10)+0: 9,6,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:27 + AoF 9 (36) vs TN11 + 6OV (17). +6 EV (15) vs RV7 UNNAMED PRISONER FREEZES IN FEAR

Roll(3d10)+0: 10,7,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:33 + AoF 9 (42) vs TN11 + 7OV (18). +7 EV (16) vs RV 8. UNNAMED PRISONER FREEZES IN FEAR

Roll(3d10)+0: 1,6,9,+0 Total:15 + AoF 9 (24) vs TN 11 + OV 7 (18). +3 EV (12) vs RV 8. UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 3,3,1,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:17 + AoF 9 (26) vs TN11 + OV 8 (19). +4 EV (13) vs RV 9. UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 2,7,5,+0 Total:12 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 3,8,5,+0 Total:13 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

Roll(3d10)+0: 4,5,10,+0 Total:15 UNNAMED PRISONER FLEES AT TOP SPEED

With two of the prisoners doing the intimidating suddenly paralysed with terror, the others (both doing the intimidating and victims of it) shriek and run off down the corridor, away and out of sight.

"Huh. Not bad." mutters Yeoman, rolling his neck and cracking his knuckles. "Just three to deal with eh? Let's 'ave em!"

He floats towards Crayfish who readily squares up to Yeoman

OOC Yeoman attacks... Going for a critical Blow

With Martial Artist...

Roll(6d10)+0: 4,9,5,7,3,10,+0 Total:19 Huh no Double. let's see... + Dex 9 (28) vs TN11 + Dex 7 + 4 (crit Blow) (22). +3 EV (to 16) vs RV 15 - 6 (Crit Blow). 7 Damage.

With a THWACK!!! he spins the ugly crayfish/man hybrid about, sending him staggering back and wiping his mouth with an oversized claw!

"Huh. Made of tougher stuff than I thought." muttered Yeoman.

The three villains pounce on Yeoman!

OOC No team attack - these plonkers barely tolerate each other, never mind work as a team.

Crayfish Roll(2d10)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 + Dex 7 (18) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20) MISS
Headbanger Roll(5d10)+0: 3,7,9,3,10,+0 Total: 6 DOUBLE (could have gone for the 19, let's see how it turns out) plus Roll(2d10)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:24 + Dex 10 (34) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +5 EV (to 18) vs RV12. 6 Damage to Yeoman putting him on Body 6/12
Deathrattle Dex 12 + Roll(5d10)+0: 6,1,4,2,5,+0 Total:11 (23) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +2 EV (to 12) vs RV12. No damage. Lucky!

Haunt winced as his comrade gets headbutted by a surprisingly adept freakish hammerhead man. This is followed up by a bite from Deathrattle but her fangs do not (thankfully) penetrate Yeomans' shoulder. Crayfish, perhaps dazed by the tremendous blow Yeoman dealt him, is some way shy of the mark with his huge oversized claws.

The two terrified villains continue to cower.

Yeoman grunts in pain, wiping a smear of blood from his nose and lips and turns to Haunt "Well? You gonna get stuck in or what?"

OOC Haunt is up, then Yeoman then the goon squad.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 07 2018, 14:32

OOC Argggh. Just seen the leaving those on the ground thing. Right, assume the four on the floor are cowering with their heads down. Perhaps they haven't fully recovered their powers, weren't that powerful anyway, or don't fancy getting mauled by these bad guys stood above them? You'll have to beat the three villains (and finish off the two cowering ones) to find out.

Time is ticking away on the EMP effect...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 19 2018, 13:34

OOC Argggh. Just seen the leaving those on the ground thing. Right, assume the four on the floor are cowering with their heads down.

That will save me a bit of HP doing it that way, which was part of my intention. clown
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 19 2018, 13:51

Assuming Yeoman knows more about the crooks in front of us than he does, the Haunt yells back, "Who's toughest?"

ooc: I am assuming that because it isn't an offensive or defensive move, Yeoman can either point one out or say his name. And on that assumption I will attack the one he points out.

unless the rules do not allow it, I am special effecting the beginning of this attack, it does add anything to attack chances but I think it looks neat and confusing. Taking my "bowler hat" off my head and holding it in my hands, with the inside pointing to the bad guy [basically, I'm just shape shifting my head to lose the bowler and shape shifting my hands to hold the bowler at the same time, holding the "bowler" between the hands.
Then I will do an omni-arm-stretch punch with my "fist" and "arm" stretching out of the opening in the bowler as if the bowler magically made a third arm I could attack with coming out of it.

Sort of like a magician pulling an endless stream of tied handkerchiefs out of a hat. Not a real good description but hopefully you know what I mean.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 21 2018, 23:27

Yeoman yells "Crayfish. I think. It's a close thing but he's the ugliest too. If you punch his teeth out, it'll probably improve his looks..."

"You'll pay for that, whoever you are!" snarled Crayfish!

Haunt stretched his arm out holding the 'bowler hat' in front of Crayfish.

"Wha... what do you think..." spluttered the strange villain.

Haunt formed a battering ram (?) with a rams head which suddenly erupted from the 'bowler hat' top into Crayfishs' head!

OOC Going for Critical Blow. Roll(7d10)+0: 4,8,5,9,4,5,2,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:40 DOUBLE (holy smoke...) plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:49 + Dex 9 (58) vs TN11 + Dex 7 +4 Crit Blow (22). +8EV to 14EV (22) vs RV 15 -6 Crit Blow = 13 damage.

SMASH!

Crayfish flew through the air to crash into the far wall behind, and slid down it. He was down and out, but as usual with some of these bad guys the main question was how long they'd stay down.

OOC Hope I got it right. The result certainly was.

"Huh. Nice hit." muttered Yeoman.

He stepped up to Headbanger and swung as hard as he could at the villain with the odd shaped head!

OOC Going for Critical Blow. Roll(6d10)+0: 5,4,5,3,6,8,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:20 + Dex 9 (29) vs TN11 + Dex 10 + Crit Blow 4 (25). Hit, just. +3 EV to Str 13 (16) vs Body 8 -6 RV (Crit Blow)
= 14 Damage.

BANG! Yeoman uppercuts the hammer headed villain off the ground and his head punches into the ceiling, leaving him dangling, limp, for a moment before he dropped into a collapsed heap.

Deathrattle snarled, hissed, then looked at the down bad guys. Before Laurel and Hardy could react, she turned and sped off at speed down the corridor and round the corner!

The villains on the ground held their hands up "Hey! We surrender! We're not with them! Or anyone!"

Suddenly an alarm rang out. "We've run out of time! The backup generators are going to kick in the next few moments! We need to get out of here!"

Haunt knew that the next few moments would be key. He would have to rely on skills and no superhuman abilities against robotic/android guards. The bad guys would have no powers either, but ALL of them would be treated equally by the prison authorities, in other words... incarceration!

OOC This battle is over, for now, with two terrific blows (one shotting Crayfish was mighty impressive). You now have TWO rounds (of 4 seconds each) then the power comes back on. THEN, you're in very real trouble!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 02 2018, 13:39

Grab Yeoman and fly down the corridor as far as I can before the powers are gone, to get as close as possible to our target before losing them.

"Hang on!  I'll see how far I can get us in the remaining time," he tells Yeoman as he grabs him and makes wings to fly down the corridor.

ooc:  BTW, since some of his powers are due to his costume and not natural, will they disappear as well or like the androids and robots will still work?

Should mention that he will pass by any villains while flying, if they let him, to get as close as possible to our goal.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:16

The HAUNT

OOC Haunts powers are all innate, but some of them require a 'trigger' effect for his brain to get his head round them. Basically it made the character fit in terms of points/costs a bit cheaper while adding flavour. That means whilst he can lose his costume and effectively loses the use of the power, they aren't irreplaceable like an Adamantium shield or Uru hammer, power ring etc. He just cooks up another costume with a sewing machine and some cloth and he's good to go.

"Well, THIS doesn't feel awkward" muttered Yeoman from under Haunts' arm. The pair flew down the corridor and around the corner...

A double doorway was open and led into what looked like a dining hall where at least a dozen people in prison clothes were stood about.

Haunt muttered, whilst pointing. "There! That's him!"

A small balding fellow had a hand held over a sizzling puddle of foul looking phlegm whilst the other hand thrust at the floor... which was being rapidly burned through as a torrent of powerful acid made short work of the special ceramics, reinforced concrete and steel I bars!

Yeoman wiggled to be put down. "We need to get out of here NOW!" he hissed. "I'm telling ya, the power comes on in here and we're going nowhere!"

Just then, in the shadows next to the doorway, a 'black light' formed and stretched into a doorway... from which stepped the former heroine Stygian.

"I know a way out. Come with me. There are only seconds remaining..." she whispered, half in and out of the doorway.

Yeoman did a quick count at the group of mismatched - big, small, tall, wide, man, woman... something else... "Too many... We can't..."

Haunt had a choice! This was it! Catalyst was there, some 100 feet away or so! he was helping the villains to escape! And yet... there were lights coming on back in the place beyond the emergency lighting... Arrgggh!

OOC Your call...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 07 2018, 20:53

ooc: Ok, quick question. How much have I healed up and when I lose my powers am I going to bleed to death?

Actions: Drop Yeoman. Move within range of my stretching powers, not sure how far away I can stretch anymore, using HP if it will allow me to stretch further without moving if I need to - grab Catalyst, putting HP in to make the grab successful if they are needed. Then throw Catalyst to Stygian so she can get him out before the power grid comes back on totally. Then run for her if I have time.

"Catch Catalyst and get him out," the Haunt whispers to Stygian. 'Go Yeoman! Catalyst is who is most important. Leave me if you have to in order to get him out!"

ooc2: If I don't make it out in time, I don't make it and I will obviously hold off all the foes with all the other abilities I have that aren't power related ... like, Acting! lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 07 2018, 22:17

OOC Haunt is still on 1 Body. He won't bleed to death, but with human levels of resistance (probably 4 Body as Haunt is in terrific physical shape - think daily exercise/full time national level athlete) he really needs to avoid taking many more hits!

Yeoman shakes his head "No way chief! You go down, I'm right beside ya!"

Haunt stretches out, his hand snaking towards the gathered villains....

And his power cuts out! his arm 'snaps' back to its human norm with a twang, and he recoils in pain! Yeoman staggers "Wha... ahhhh... damn. Powers... cutting out...Can still... no. Flight gone."

He turned to Stygian and shouted "Get out of here before... oh. She split already. I don't know whether to cheer or curse."

The villains were no better off than the heroes. They cried out, striking at walls and grimacing, and those with less obvious powers were stricken even more seemingly, dropping to their knees and sobbing!

"THIS IS THE WARDEN. ALL DETAINEES WILL RETURN TO THEIR CELLS IMMEDIATELY! ANYONE CAUGHT OUT OF THEIR CELL SHALL BE HELD IN SOLITARY ... SKRZZZZZ..."

The voice was replaced by a rasping growl, all too familiar to Haunt, albeit edged with bitterness, loss and rage.

"This won't last long. My diminutive friend died years ago but he left me a few toys to play with. Hold on..."

Suddenly a light shone on both Yeoman and Haunt. It didn't restore their powers - instead it turned off the nullify rays in this place to an extent. So long as the pair didn't move too fast, the light could keep up. It came from the ceiling which was otherwise illuminated with the nulling rays that filled every corridor in this place.

One of the villains looked up as the pair approached "Bust me out! I'll turn over a new leaf! I'll help you! Just... I can't stand it in here!"

Another snarled "Punk! You got a killer rep n you're asking these two ta help?" The pair instantly crashed together in a violent rolling mass!

Haunt couldn't stretch beyond the shine of the different coloured light that shone on them, but he could feel his physical powers returning slowly. Yeoman shook his head. "This has GOT to be one of the worst ideas I ever got suckered into. C'mere runt." he snarled, grabbing hold of Catalyst and dragging him into the light. The villain sighed then looked up "My powers! Returning!"

Haunt and Yeoman looked about. They were surrounded by villains who knew that to get close to the 'Laurel and Hardy' lookalikes would return their powers!

OOC You and Haunt are stood in the light that stops the other light nicking your powers. You have Catalyst. he's getting his powers back. The bad guys have no powers but if they get too close...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 07 2018, 23:22

Hit 'em with the Aura of Fear, leaving Catalyst and Yeoman out of it. without their powers, their resistance to it might be pretty low.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 13 2018, 23:07

OOC It will indeed...

Roll(2d10)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 + AoF 9 (19) vs TN11 + int of 2-5 (13-16)
Success +2 to +3 Effect (to 11 or 12) vs RV of 3-5.

The criminals shriek and instantly turn tail, running for any open door (cells mostly) they can!

"Huh. Useful." said Yeoman. "Talking of useful, spookier you has saved our butts twice now."

He reached down to grab Catalyst by the scruff of the neck and hauled him to his feet. Leaning in, he snarled "I may look like Laurel... or Hardy, I forget which one, but trust me when I say this. It'll be no joke if you give me a reason ta knock ya teeth out. Or I can hand you over to Mr Spooky there and he'll make you cack ya pants. Do you get me?"

The criminal glanced at one, then the other of you. Then nodded.

Suddenly a shimmering 'portal' of pure darkness appeared in the corridor ahead of the trio. A light, like that which shone down on Haunt, Yeoman and Catalyst, ensured that the strange 'null energy' that emitted from the ceiling didn't dissipate it.

A rasping female voice came from within it "Step through the portal. Your... companion... in the control room has used some kind of device to override the computer program that is attempting to restore order to this place, but it appears that backup systems will soon find a way around it."

Yeoman glanced at Haunt. "Out of the frying pan...? Think we can trust her?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 22 2018, 14:10

"Trust her? Who cares! Better than staying here, that's for sure," the Haunt replies as he moves towards the portal.

"By the way, Catalyst, you are going to help to immediately save London, probably the whole British Isles and maybe the whole world as well. So play your cards right and you may get a reduced sentence or even a pardon or, not too far out of the realm of possibility, a knighthood for your actions that you are about to do. But I'm not in charge of any of that or have a say in it, I'm just saying, play your cards right and actually work to save folks and who knows what will happen for you."

enter portal.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 02 2018, 15:06

Haunt stepped through the portal, followed immediately by Yeoman who dragged Catalyst by the scruff of the neck.

They were through immediately. The trio stood on the rooftop of a building overlooking the disguised super-jail, some several hundred yards away. In the bright sunlight Stygians dark form stood out like a living shadow.

"I thank you for your assistance in securing my release." she rasped. She looked at Catalyst. "Beware. he may tell you anything you want to hear but betray you as it suits. I would suggest breaking a number of his fingers, then threaten to smash a kneecap or ankle. That should ensure his compliance."

Yeoman started peeling off the disguise and glanced about. "be right back." he flew up and away towards where his uniform had been stashed.

Catalyst looked terrified.

Haunt turned and saw black palls of smoke rising at multiple points over the capital.

"What's going on? Is London under attack?" asked Catalyst. "What good is a knighthood if there's no world left?"

Stygian walked up, cuffed him on the back of the head and snarled "Quiet." She turned to Haunt. "The authorities will be seeking not only me and Catalyst, but you and your friend as well. They may need... convincing... you are here to help."

"What are your plans?" she asked as Yeoman, holding a bundle of clothes under his arm but wearing his face mask (and still dressed as Oliver Hardy) landed on the rooftop.

Seeing the smoke palls Yeoman cursed. "We need to... do something."

Haunt watched the smoke rising. Time to move.

OOC options...

1) head for the battle site
2) go to Dr P's place and get barrels of this stuff ready
3) meet up with other heroes, try to form some sort of task force
4) some other crazy plan
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 04 2018, 15:28

ooc: Silly question but does the Haunt still have the written down formula on him? I'm totally clueless on this point. I know Lucky Girl [whose name I am totally blanking on at the moment,] made the original batch from the written formula but I have no idea what happened to that written formula.

"Catalyst, can you make things if you know the formula," the Haunt asks, "we need a special formula made to stop a innocent man turned into an all-powerful giant from destroying the world. And we need lots of it. Barrels and Barrels of it."

The Haunt turns back into himself.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 06 2018, 13:50

OOC Lady Luck has the formula at Dr Praetorious' home where she (somehow) managed to follow near incomprehensible instructions and brought together a bunch of ingredients which should not have worked.

Haunt has a vial on his person with a litre or so of the special formula that he needed to get inside the vast, powerful creature that has swatted, batted and even eaten superheroes, not to mention ignore the police and armed forces this country can muster in defence of its Capital city!

In other words, its probably not enough. Catalyst is to stick his hand in the vial then thrust his other hand at the maw of the beast. His range isn't unlimited, so it's going to be dangerous to float him in front of the creature at a range of 100 yards or so...

Or... barrels... barrels could work Smile

Yeoman spoke up. "Barrels. you and me could throw em hard enough to act like water bombs..."

"It could work. It HAS to work... or ... that thing will steam roller over this whole place..." he muttered.

Stygian spoke up. "Our time is running out."

The wail of sirens split the air ALL over the city, as did the beep of car horns and exodus of people as they ran, jogged, hobbled or otherwise tried to stampede their way away from the centre of London.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 13 2018, 16:47

"Barrels it is," the Haunt says turning over his sample to Catalyst. "You two, grab anything around here we can use to store the stuff. Barrels, gas cans, big water balloons, tanker trucks, whatever we can find! If the tanker truck is filled with milk, water, gas or whatever, you can convert it into the stuff we need, right, Catalyst?"

ooc: And just a weird or brilliant thought, can Haunt use his Shapeshift, Omni-Arm and Stretching combined to turn himself into something like a huge water balloon that can suck up gallons of this stuff inside him, then make an arm into something like a high pressure water hose or nozzle to shoot it into Doc P's mouth? I just have a picture of him rolling and bouncing down the street to the action as a big ole wobbly bouncy fairly invulnerable water balloon to get there and help out. Idea clown What a Face
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 19 2018, 16:14

OOC Haunt can indeed do that, but as a giant bouncy sphere he'd be stretched thin and rather an easy/tempting target...

Catalyst considers "Yes. I can convert elements into different elements... I just..."

Yeoman butted in. "The best way is to dangle this creep in front of the beast and have him force feed it."

"Let us just concentrate on obtaining containers for now." rasped Stygian.

Minutes later there were bins, barrels, a wheel barrow, a skip and at street level, a fuel truck. Catalyst did his thing, and converted the chemicals, even the very air itself, into the solution he had poked a finger into.

He was exhausted when he was done. Literally, barely able to stand. "That..." he gasped. "Stow it punk." snarled Yeoman. "We don't have the time. If you did the job, you bought yourself a pass. If not...?"

He moved to tip Catalysts head up "I'll feed you to the beast myself. Probably right before it gobbles me up."

Stygian turns to Haunt. "Are you still intent on turning yourself into a carrier bubble? If so, now is the time."

A rumble, much closer, of a building not simply collapsing, but being SMASHED to its foundations, rang out. "The creature and the battle is headed this way." she added.

All four looked out across the rooftops and saw smoke, flames, debris and flying rubble as the creature carved its way across London towards their general direction. It moved with terrifying speed, and the brightly coloured dots flying about it were batted aside by it's five hundred foot high mass!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 25 2018, 13:24

ooc: Yep big ole white target is me!

"Right! Keep the fuel trucks with the formula as our back-up supply. Let me drink everything else. One of you see if any of the flying strong heroes are still standing and get them to lift up those trucks to use to pour down Doc's throat. The rest of you do your best to distract Doc while I bounce up into his mouth and squirt the stuff down his throat, or get him to swallow me, whichever comes first."

actions: "swallow" the stuff, turn into a big ole bouncy ball with white cowboy hat on top and start bouncing/rolling my way to the action once everyone else starts moving. Bouncing Boy from the Legion of Super-Heroes LIVES!!!! Laughing
My intention is to get into his mouth or close enough to it to pour or shoot the liquid down his throat. I may have to bounce to a rooftop to get close to him or combine it with stretching my arms to pull me up his body to his mouth. We will see how far this plan goes. tongue
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next