The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Post  Admin Thu Mar 22 2018, 19:52

Future Haunt paused in thought for just a heartbeat before shouting "Dr P's part of the serum worked! It was the rest of them, and their DNA, that messed things up! Curing Dr P DOES work... but turns the serum into a vir..."

He faded from view, and the words were lost with a bright flash and a roar, with the trailing words. "As for becoming rich and famous... HA! I remember when I thought those things were..."

Then Future Haunt was gone!

Yeoman grinned "No name in lights, huh? Can't say he was especially helpful, but he did give us a way to get Catalyst out! Let's go!"

The pair smashed their way through the supposedly bulletproof glass into an adjacent observation room (empty) and crashed through the steel reinforced door from there into a corridor. Racing down its length, they came to a crossroads, ignoring doors set into the walls.

"We need to go down!" muttered Yeoman.

Haunt saw an elevator at the end of a corridor. Whatever was in these other offices might or not be important - probably full of admin type staff or supplies. Who knew? All Haunt knew was that the EMP effect wouldn't last, and he had a simple choice to make:

Bull in a China shop or Cautious and steady?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 23 2018, 18:00

"Down the elevator shaft, ignore the elevator," the Haunt says as he approaches the doors and force them open.
[If the elevator is there, move it up out of the way. If not there, stretch down along the side of the shaft.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28 2018, 08:34

The pair, both able to toss battle tanks through the air, have no trouble prising open the lift shaft doors and plummeting down into the darkness.

Yeoman fishes out a torch from his utility belt. "Your buddy really did a number on this place. For the time being it looks like we have the run of it. When the defences kick back in though... "

Haunt glanced at the inactive sentry guns in alcoves set in the walls of the lift shafts. Cut outs for steel shutters were also in evidence, as well as scanners and occasionally, an emitter of some kind.

"Power nullifier" said Yeoman, to the unspoken question. "When the power comes on, we need to be out of its reach or we'll be in for a bad day!"

Down, down they went. There were floor stop offs, but the pair knew the prison itself would be at the lowest level, away from the street and if worst came to worst, able to be sealed up in case of emergency. It was eerily quiet - even the alarms were disabled!

Finally, the top of the elevator could be seen and it was a simple matter to open it and exit onto the corridor of the prison wing.

It was pandemonium

A 7' tall, grey skinned woman in tattered prison orange jumpsuit had pinned a guard against a wall, several feet off the floor. The guard was gasping for breath and the woman was laughing.

"Dammit." muttered Yeoman. "She-Rhino. Some of them obviously recover their powers a lot faster than the others."

As yet Haunt and Yeoman hadn't been seen. They looked through the gap in the elevator door and saw a blur skid to a halt beside the towering woman. Who was swelling in size, becoming thicker of limb, even greyer and her forehead was starting to 'grow' a horn.

The blur was a black man in prison orange. "Yo! Rhino gal! We're gettin' em all together in th' mess hall an decidin' what ta do next! Dr Devil says we need ta work together on this ta get out."

The woman squinted through rapidly changing eyes "Fleetfoot? Devil ain't my boss. Or yours. You give 'im an inch, he'll take a mile."

"Together there's nearly fifteen of us. Some of 'em ain't recovered their powers yet and are stayin in their cells. The rest of us agree, Devil is the smartest guy and most likely ta get us outta here. An' he says he's got a job lined up. He says not ta kill any guards yet though, or the clowns will come chargin' in regardless ta get us."

"Pffftt! Bring 'em on!" she snarled.

Yeoman whispered "Fleetfoot is fast, and heals quick. He's more annoying than anything else. If she completes her transformation she'll be harder to take down. What's the play?"

OOC The villains are twenty feet away down the corridor which bends to the right afterwards. The unfortunate guard doesn't have long left, judging by how blue he's turning.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 28 2018, 14:24

Causing the fog to swirl around his feet, for affect [effect? Always get those two mixed up], not to do actual hiding in it, the Haunt cries out in his spooky voice, "Criminals! Scum! Return to your cells or face ... THE HAUNT'S JUSTICE!!!!"

Hit 'em with the Fear power, exclude the good guys. Forget what the range is, if too far away for these two, move up and do it.

ooc: Wonder if there is a spooky voice power or special effect that gives out low level fear or shivers? Or is it just a matter of his Acting ability to do that? Can Acting be used to bolster the Fear affect/effect?

Just had a tooth pulled on Monday, in some pain and ready to lay all villains low to make them pay for my real pain!!!!!! tongue

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01 2018, 11:30

OOC Ouch! For the tooth... As for the acting, it's the power that affects super types. The skill will affect mooks/normal goons for the most part (they'd stand no chance against the power)

Stan Laurel steps from the mist, with a spooky voice and exuding the fear effect. At first the villains laugh...

OOC Then we'll see what they do...

Roll(2d10)+0: 9,2,+0 Total:11 + AoF 9 (20) vs TN 11 + Int 6 (17). +2 EV 11Ev vs 8RV... 3 RAPs.

Roll(2d10)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:7 + AoF 9 (16) vs Tn11 + Int 8 (10)= Fail

She Rhino shrieks, then turns tail and sprints off down the corridor!

Smarter, and with a stronger will, Fleetfoots face straightens and he calls out "What the hell?" He sees 'Oliver Hardy' step from the mist and his eyes narrow. "This... you..."

Then he turns tail and vanishes!

Yeoman turns. "Hey, nice trick... just... they know we're coming now."

He pauses, then shrugs, popping his knuckles and rolling his neck. "Prefer a straight up scrap anyway."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 07 2018, 04:36

"Yep," the Haunt replies laconically. "Easier to round them up too since they will now tend to bunch up. Let's keep moving, we got a crook to break out of jail."

actions continue to where we need to go, expecting to be attacked at any moment. Too bad I can't use the Fog in here since it would blind Yoeman too.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 12 2018, 08:14

"Another fine mess you've gotten me into Stanley." muttered Yeoman with a smile.

The pair moved down the corridor. Interestingly there were cell doors that contained occupants. Some were drugged, asleep or simply not interested in the fact that the door had clicked open and emergency lighting lit up the place with an occasional flicker as it struggled with the residual effects of the EMP bomb.

Yeoman glanced into each, shaking his head at some of the occupants. "You know..." he muttered "When some of this lot get their powers back they are seriously... oh."

He stopped at a doorway. Haunt was about to call him to hurry up but when he saw Yeoman push a door open slightly his interest was piqued.

Inside was an athletic looking black woman, sat in a Lotus position and with eyes closed.

Quite simply, she was beautiful, breath taking even, and familiar.

Haunt wracked his brains, then figured out where he'd seen her before. She was a catwalk model, or had been. What was she doing in here?

Yeoman glanced at Haunt. "She's..."

The woman looked up at the pair. "You are clearly not guards, nor are you inmates, judging by your attire and expressions of surprise at seeing me here." Her eyes were bright blue, and even in prison clothes she was stunning to behold.

"You're Alexandra Belmont, the model. What are you doing in here?" asked Yeoman.

A slight smile formed at the corner of her mouth. "Your voice is familiar. The timbre of it, your height, build and bearing suggest to me you are a Vigilante I am familiar with."

"You know me?" asked Yeoman, surprised.

She frowned slightly, then looked up. "You are... Yeoman?"

Yeoman was taken aback!

Haunt wasn't sure what was going back, but saw the woman turn her attention to him. "In case you are wondering why I am in here, I am, or was, the Vigilante known as Stygian."

Haunt was unfamiliar with the case until Yeoman took his arm and led him outside. In a hushed voice he whispered "Stygian is one of us! A good guy! Her methods were pretty brutal, which some disagreed with, but she went after the worst case bad guys out there! If I remember right, she came across a crime scene so brutal she disregarded her own personal code and slaughtered the scumbags responsible, then handed herself into authorities. I ... wow. She's a model in real life? I never knew! The press were silenced. I'm telling ya man, she can help us!"

'Stan' and 'Oliver' turned to look at the woman in the room. Only when they looked closely did they notice she was hovering an inch or two off the bed she was 'sat' on...

OOC Sorry about the delay David, have been working non stop for 3 weeks and finally (FINALLY!) got some days off. I thought Freight was bad, but Passenger work isn't exactly personal life friendly...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:24

"Well, since you know her, tell her what we are doing and see if she wants to help," the Haunt decided. "She can always go back to her cell after it is all over."

\ooc: not a problem on delays, we all have RL issues to deal with. Very Happy
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17 2018, 09:53

OOC Finally got chance to update, only to find the pictures/character files/tables are gone from the site. I put them on here so that I wouldn't have to remember where all that stuff was! Doh! No idea what has happened, save that the hosting site may have decided they want to charge for hosting pictures. It does make reading past posts somewhat dull without the pictures in 'em... I may need a day (at work at 1200 so haven't got that long) to find the files I need and will post ASAP to get stuff moving. Apologies for this Dave/David, but I need to make like a bloodhound and find stuff I did a couple of years (and at least one hard drive death) ago Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17 2018, 11:28

Yeoman frowned. "Well... the UKChampions brought her in, if I recall. More likely she surrendered. She's smart, a good fighter, super powered... and despite killing the bad guys, she's one of us."

He turned to Stygian. "You want to help us? We're springing a bad guy. I... uh... know how that sounds."

"By definition I am a 'Bad Guy' and you two breaking into this facility are 'bad guys'. Knowing that you are a long standing well respected member of the super heroic community who has often skirted or broken the law to ensure that justice is done has left you on many government watchlists, including that of the UKChampions."

"I'm on a watchlist? the Champions think I'm a threat?"

She continued. "However, your past history, as much as I can ascertain, has you on the side of right, if not legal. Your companion here must share your views unless you are under the control of some external force, or being forced to do something against your will."

"Well, I can see why you might think that but I'm not..."

"I guessed you were not because you would fight this with every fibre of your being, as would someone else in your position with your background and moral structure. Therefore I deduce that you are on... a 'life or death mission'? Knowing the inmates in here from what I have been able to glean, you seek someone with a specific power or skillset that can help you. narrowing that down, I think a superhuman ability is what you require. That would suggest being able to achieve something not normally available to science. One of your known associates is Wandafar, a noted genius even in the scientific and superheroic community. If he cannot achieve your aim, he is either unavailable or the task is beyond him, hence the need for a superhuman ability."

Yeoman blinked. "Erm...." he muttered.

"I shall help you."

She stood, and Haunt was struck how tall and graceful she was, like an athlete. She frowned, then gestured with her hands. Darkness seeped out from the fingertips, the type which absorbed light and was impossible to see through!

Darkforce!

"My powers are returning, but I have not yet fully recovered." she said. She turned to Haunt. "Who are you, or should I refer to you as 'Mr Laurel'?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 17 2018, 14:26

"I am the Haunt," he replied to the lady. "A Spirit of Justice brought back to life to make up for an evil past."

He bows.

"A friend of mine, has been changed into a giant power duplicating or absorbing monster that is pretty much mopping up every hero and hero team available. He is here in London and the town if not the world is in danger of being destroyed by him. We have a formula to change him back to normal but need someone to make it in large quantities that we can inject or have him swallow. So that's why we are here. To break this man out and get him to help while also making sure none of the others break out as well. So time is of the essence in many ways."

Looks over at Yeoman to see if he has anything to add. After that, he moves back into the hallway.

"Coming?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18 2018, 00:37

Stygian listens, then nods. "Mass produce enough, instantly and with 100% accuracy? I suspect the criminal known as Catalyst aka Frederick Burton. His power could have made him rich but he preferred to duplicate things like precious metals and minerals. The authorities considered using him but decided to destabilise world markets by flooding them with  gold and the like would be too dangerous."

Yeoman piped up "That's the guy."

"I shall help you." declared Stygian. She passed a hand over her clothing, which was coated with a black substance that clung to her body like glue! "There seems little need of a mask right now, but I shall concoct a new identity when the opportunity arises."

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 5 Stygian

Yeoman added "Hey, what about the other guy? Even creepier than you. Future Haunt? Remember what he said?"

Stygian seemed intrigued but waited for Haunt to answer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 18 2018, 13:21

"What? You mean the bit about my future secret ID life will not go the way I'm planning on," the Haunt asks with a bit of humor in his voice as they move slowly down the corridor. "Or the confusing bit about we have to save him but not cure him and save & cure him at the same time? I'm thinking it means we have to cure him to the extent that his mind regains control of his body, still allowing him to have his powers."

"Then again, I do not believe in predestination. Man was created with Free Will and the Future is just that, the Future, and many Futures lie before us depending on the decisions we make in the Present and none are really real until they become our Present. So I choose to save my friend, stop the death and destruction as quickly as possible."

"Boy! Have I been watching too much Science Fiction! And maybe "future" me wasn't "future" me at all but the Mirror Universe me? Just like in Star Trek."

"Letting someone paralyze us with vague warnings or herd us into making a decision we normally wouldn't when we know nothing about them, sounds like a "Bad Thing" to do. Let's just go with saving lives and saving my friend and see how it goes."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 19 2018, 01:05

"it all sounds quite bizarre." stated Stygian.

"Well he DID save our bacon up there. We were kinda trapped in a force field. And he disabled the power in this place. Maybe he was on the level?" muttered Yeoman.

Just then, some way down the corridor, the man known as Fleetfoot reappears, as if from thin air!

"Oh boy! Three of ya now!" he calls out. "No matter, we got an army, an' you best get outta our way or we're coming through!"

There were sounds from around the corner suggesting there was indeed a group heading in this direction, though only Fleetfoot was visible.

OOC And he's around 50' away. bear in mind Haunt hasn't seen anyone this fast since Lionheart...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 19 2018, 23:58

ooc: What's the range of my Fear affect again?

"OOOh! An Army!," the Haunt mocks as he strides forward. "Okay, here's the plan, you two stay behind me and I will take out most of them, you mop up the rest."
A fog start to billow around the pure white early 20th Century comedian he is disguised as, just enough for visual affect but not enough to actually obscure the vision of his allies as he strides confidently down the corridor [he is an ACTOR! He is NOT going to make it known he is bit under confident about facing down the most powerful villains that have ever been captured.]

actions: Okay, here's My Plan: make sure I can cover most if not all of the facility with my Fear power. Get in range and let loose the Power of Fear with HP put into it to hit and to for effect, if it will change any of those rolls. While yelling out, "Return to your cells now and stay there or face my WRAITH!!!!" Twisted Evil
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27 2018, 17:33

OOC Uhhh another 'quality' week...

Right, your Aura of Fear will extend to a range up to your APs, so up to half a mile. Haunt can fire off his AoF off in a sphere centred on him so a quarter of a mile in all directions. That should pretty much cover this facility, and possibly a few people on the streets above if they are passing.

You can exclude people from the effect, but only the ones you know about (i.e. can see) otherwise you are 'firing blind' and likely to nail the human staff in this place as well.

With that in mind, as there are quite a few rolls to make, I'll roll three times and take the middle (discard low and high) result, then apply it to everyone. As far as Hero Points are concerned, when making individual attacks it's worth doing. A group 'bomb' like this would cost a fortune in points, and isn't worth it.

Roll(2d10)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8
Roll(2d10)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:12
Roll(2d10)+0: 9,3,+0 Total:12

12+AoF 9 (21) vs TN11 + Int 8 (19)=+2 Effect. 11EV vs 9RV= 2 RAPs

"Ah crap." mutters the speedster, before Fleetfoot turns and vanishes!

"Your power seems to trigger a deep seated fear, in effect manipulating the 'fight or flight' reflex in humans. Many of the less wilful meta humans in this facility will be affected, as well as, I suspect, the human staff that man this place." said Stygian.

"In other words, we'll not be winning any popularity contests." added Yeoman. "Best keep the mist and theatrics to a minimum mate. After all we ARE in disguise and breaking into a government facility, and the less people able to describe our powers the better..."

Yeoman had a point. They were dressed as Laurel and Hardy after all... but Haunt had taken the time to pull on his Haunt mask and Hat in order to activate the fear effect. (OOC His power works only when wearing the Haunts costume... which I forgot the last time he used it! Oops.)

Just then a figure shimmered into view down the corridor. The fellow was middle aged, balding, and portly around the middle. He looked like an estate agent, except in prison clothes.

"Ah. So called 'Heroes'? The reason, I suspect, for the sudden screaming and running around in some areas of the prison." he said in a clipped English accent. "I may not have the full range of my powers, but I do have enough to affect a ... demonstration."

OOC Mind Blast! And at reasonably high APs as well... whoever this guy is, he's in here for a reason!

Roll(2d10)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:8 + Mind Blast 13 (21) vs TN 11 + Haunts' Int 8 (19)= +2 Effect. 15EV vs RV10 = 5RAPs

Haunt staggered as a blast of energy seemed to come from the shimmering figure! It struck his head and gave him the mother of all headaches!

OOC 5 MIND damage putting HAUNT on 5/10 MIND

The smug look on the man's face changed when he saw Stan Laurel in a spooky white mask and cowboy hat stagger slightly whilst making sure his hat didn't fall off.

"It appears you are made of sterner stuff than I had credited." muttered the shimmering man. "rest be assured, sirs, and lady. You continue your current course of action at your peril!"

Yeoman started forward to take a swing but Stygian called out "Don't bother! It appears the man is astral projecting."

The fellows' eyes flicked towards Stygian, narrowing, then the image winked out as Yeoman threw a scything punch, fell through the image, and landed on his front!

"Could've told me that before I took a swing." he muttered, jumping up and dusting himself off (though in truth the corridors were spotlessly clean and tiled).

Stygian turned to Haunt. "I suggest you continue with your friend. I shall take... other measures... to provide an alternate means of securing the target."

With that, she made a slashing motion with her hand, leaving a black line in the air! Reaching into it, she pulled the two halves apart to show a black swirling void beyond! She turned to Haunt "The longer this goes on, the more chance there is of the base defences coming back on line. they will flood not only the cells, but the corridors and vents with Theta Omega radiation..."

"...which is...?" asked Yeoman

"...Able to nullify most metahuman abilities!" added Stygian.

Haunt glanced back down the corridor. Following that path would lead towards the largest concentration of metahuman criminals. Many would be affected by his powers, but the smarter, more strong willed ones like that guy who'd given him a headache, would not be!

Yeoman turned to Haunt "We need to get hold of Catalyst and drag his ass out before WE become residents of this place!"

OOC Absorbing the damage or taking it on the chin? It will cost 15HP.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 28 2018, 12:18

ooc: I figured his hat and mask were part of his Laurel outfit, just merged into it. Actually always thought the hat and mask were attached to each other and of one piece, otherwise he would have to hold his hat every time he flew. afro
And use the points to absorb the hit.

actions
"We don't have time to stop and let every criminal monologue us," the Haunt muttered, shaking his head to clear the cobwebs. 'Time to move really fast! Follow me and take out the stragglers."

"Stan Laurel" turns into the big white round boulder [Think Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom] with an enlarged Stan laurel face on one "side" of it, just big enough to cover the majority of the corridor but still small enough he doesn't get wedged into the walls. He starts rolling down the hallway with the intent to smash into anyone he meets, shrinking to go through any small spots like doorways and then growing back up to fit the hallway [or any stairways they have to go through] again.

has to be some sort of charging rules or stampede rules for something like this.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 03 2018, 09:08

OOC Update later today. Having to stat up all those bad guys who weren't affected by your Aura of Fear (for various reasons like huge willpower or just plain too darn stoopid to know when to run)

Another of these guys will re-occur assuming the world isn't destroyed by the beast that is Dr P Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 03 2018, 22:33

OOC HAUNT 249 HP

Haunt soaks up the hurt.

Forming up into a White sphere Haunt rolls around the corner and Yeoman calls out behind him. "Don't we need some kind of plan?"

Haunt was about to reply when he saw a squat, hairy (like really hairy covered in wiry body fur with a white streak down the middle. Like a badger. Or skunk in reverse.)

The white sphere sped up and grew, filling the corridor.

Instead of trying to dodge, the hairy guy snarled, revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth! His eyes narrowed, and Haunt could only describe the look as 'feral'.

"What's down there?" called Yeoman from behind as he followed the rolling sphere. "I can't see a darned thing!"

OOC initiative... Haunt 10 (+3) goes first. Honey Badger rolled 3.

I take it you want to charge. I'll post this up...

The NEW Vanguard! Haunt Issue #6 - Page 5 Charging_attack

But to put it bluntly unless you can move really REALLY fast you are far better off attacking with the usual methods. It's up to you. If you want to roll anyway that's fine, but it's only effective against groups of non powered types.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 05 2018, 20:50

Well, darn! Good idea but bad game system for it. So stay as a ball but use Omni-arm [I think that is my best attack] to make a spring loaded boxing glove, like one of the Joker's Jack in the Boxes that has a boxing glove hitting you in the face instead of Jack springing out. And punch him then continue moving. If I don't take him completely out, I figure the other two heroes can finish him off as I continue on. Of course, this assumes I hit so I put HP into hitting and into damage if it makes any difference.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 06 2018, 12:12

Yeoman turns to Stygian and calls out "So, hey, you coming or what?"

She looks back at 'Hardy' and the receding white sphere before stating "Not."

Then she 'steps into' the tear she just made in the air and vanishes!

"Well I'll be... of all the ungrateful..." Yeoman shakes his head, turns and flies after Haunt, even though he can't actually see or get past the great white ball.

Haunt rolls up to the hairy rough looking fellow with the teeth and... are those claws? It suddenly occurs to him that this place, in the middle of London, is some sort of high security lock up for crazy psychopaths! In the middle of London!

In a way it made sense - here the response times of security services were way faster, the place was saturated with cctv and a number of superheroes, an army almost, called the Capital their home. in the countryside, it might take a while before anyone responded to an emergency and by the time they arrived, the villains would have absconded and left behind... well... that didn't bear thinking about.

With a huge springy boxing glove fist at the ready Haunt slowed then spun with his fist jutting out! The hairy guy didn't seem bothered. Indeed, he rushed in! What the...?

OOC Haunt Dex 9 plus Weapony Skill (lost of extra dice to roll, 5 in fact. This should be a cinch.) Roll(7d10)+0:
9,8,5,9,4,2,1,+0 Total:18, pretty good, DOUBLE, but no 10s? Anyway, the follow up... Roll(2d10)+0:
4,7,+0 Total:29 + 9 (38) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +6 Effect Value.
14EV (Omni Arm) + 6 (20) vs 14RV= 6 Damage. HONEY BADGER ON 5/11 BODY. 50 HP remaining

POW!!!

The hairy guy bounced off a wall, slid down the corridor and to a halt. The Haunt was just about to add something along the lines of Truth, Justice and being spooky when the guy jumped straight back up and ran at Haunt!

OOC Dex 9 plus Roll(6d10)+0: 8,3,8,6,2,1,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:26 (33) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20). +5 EV.
14Ev+5 (19) vs 13 RV= 6 Damage to Haunt! Take? absorb?

Honours even! HONEY BADGER IS IN KILLING COMBAT. IF HAUNT DROPS TO ZERO BODY HE WILL START TO BLEED AND DIE.
But then his Regeneration will probably save him without any ill effects so..

SLASH! Haunt could feel the tears in his body/suit as the claws scythed their way through steel hard skin and ultra dense muscle! He grunted with the pain but was made of far sterner stuff than the likes of this maniac could handle!

"Hey! What's going on! Make way spook! let me have a crack at him!" shouted Yeoman from behind.

OOC initiative...

Roll(3d10)+0:
1, Haunt (+3 on HB) 4
10, Yeoman (+4 on HB) 14
9, Honey Badger

Yeoman waits for Haunt, Honey Badger slashes again!

Dex 9 + Roll(6d10)+0: 6,10,1,10,1,8,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:28 + 9 (37) vs TN 11+ Dex 9 (20). +6 EV.

Claws 14+6 (20) vs RV13= 7 DAMAGE TO HAUNT (13 taken in total, in a group of 6 and 7. You'll have to absorb something to stay on your feet).

Yeoman waits for Haunt.

Haunt is up.

The maniac slashes again, and Haunt is suddenly aware that this guy isn't messing around! With a flashing blur of claws and teeth, he feels himself being battered and shredded! His skin, whilst super tough, could only withstand so much punishment from claws and teeth harder than diamond and sharper than any razor!

OOC think a Wolverine gone bad. Very bad. Haunt is up. Absorb some, all damage?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 15 2018, 13:20

absorb 80% or so of the damage. Shrink to one side and let Yeoman have his crack at the Badger and if said villain is still up, then do the same thing I did before with spring loaded boxing glove.

"This guy is insane," the Haunt warns Yeoman, "he's badly hurt and still going. Take him out if you can."

ooc: If Yeoman takes him down, keep moving forward to the next guy.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 15 2018, 14:37

HAUNT HP 228 Mind 5/10 Body 2/11

Haunt reeled and switched to the side as Yeoman charged past!

OOC Yeoman attacked Honey Badger Roll(6d10)+0: 5,5,9,3,3,6,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,2,+0
Total:21 + Dex 9 (30) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +4EV to Gravity Increase 15 (19). 19 vs Str 8= 11RAPs.

Honey Badger absorbs 4RAPs and has 40HP remaining.The power has no effect as Honey Badger struggles to shrug it off...

"Huh. Plucky lil so n so" muttered Yeoman. "Whatcha got left in the tank Spook? Might take two of us to put this idiot down."

Honey Badger struggled to his feet and growled fiercely. With claws and teeth bared he grinned. He was enjoying this!

OOC Haunt is up. Then the Badger...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 15 2018, 20:09

same attack as before, boxing glove spring arm.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 16 2018, 15:55

Seeing Yeomans powerful blow yield nothing in the way of results, Haunt formed his arm into a spring, a huge boxing glove at the end, and prepared to let Honey Badger 'have it'.

OOC Roll(7d10)+0: 3,7,8,3,1,1,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:28 + Dex 9 (37) vs TN11+Dex 9 (20). +6 EV (20).
20 EV vs 14RV=6 Damage. Honey Badger absorbs 5 points (HONEY BADGER 25HP 1/11 Body)

With a powerful SMACK! Haunt sends the hairy, angry man reeling... until he spins and charges at the pair!

"Ok, NOW he's getting annoying" muttered Yeoman.

Honey Badger slashes at Haunt...

OOC Roll(6d10)+0: 4,3,5,1,7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:28 + Dex 9 (37) vs TN11 + Dex 9 (20). +6EV (20) vs Body 13. Haunt takes 7 damage. He'll have to absorb at least 6 to stay on his feet, so I assume he does.

HAUNT Body 1/13 HP 207

OOC initiative
Roll(3d10)+0:
10+3 on HB HAUNT
,2 +4 on HB YEOMAN
,9, HONEY BADGER

HAUNT acts first, then Honey Badger then Yeoman

The battle is fierce with both sides taking big hits! Honey badger, despite the bruising and blood streaming from his nose, seems even more eager than before to engage in a fight. in fact, his eyes look almost feral...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next