The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

Post  Admin Sat Apr 13 2013, 00:47

Silver Sentinel
Body
Mind
Spirit
Hero Points

OOC Sentinel is from 1940 so would have had no contact (and I believe Yeoman was never mentioned by the others either) with Yeoman or any of Frostbite/Stormwardens allies from the future.Likewise Putty (who became Anyman) came from a timeline where many of the heroes were unpowered resistance fighters in Nazi occupied London, so wouldn't know about the heroes who were in the Vanguard of the present.

The hood was slipped over Steves head and he was plunged into darkness...

He then asked his question...

There was silence for a moment, then Yeoman answered. "Eh? Joe you say? Joe who? Known a few over the years. Men and women come to think of it. You should bear in mind that I'm carrying you high over the streets of London right now, chum and any 'revelations' or 'bomb shells' you care to drop about what you *think* you know might cause me to gasp and drop you..."

He continued flying for a while in silence, then added.

"Assuming that I know someone called Joe who used to be a good friend who vanished without trace, taking a few good friends with him... what do you know about it? Who ARE you? I swear if you're SMITE or DICE, or some government type... or worse one of the nutjobs who works for the Usurpers or any of them clowns, I'm going to drop KICK you, and you can figure out your own safe way of landing! I'm not in the mood for... I've lost too many friends thanks to all that rubbish a few years ago. We've got a bit of time, so why don't you give me a condensed version of your life story and drop a few names in there that you might think I'll recognize. Don't lie - I'm serious - I may not be like Scourge, but I have a pretty good idea of when someone is telling porkies!"

Though his words were semi light hearted, the fellow was probably deadly serious! Worse, Sentinel was probably some distance from any sizeable quantity of metal - if this went pear shaped he'd have to get nearer ground level to call the metal around him. Question was - could he do it in time before he splattered across the floor? He hoped it didn't come to that!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?" - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Silver Sentinel Issue 1: "Any old iron?"

Post  smaug Sat Apr 13 2013, 12:37

"I understand your suspicions my good man but hopefully if this fellow is as good as you say he is than he can confirm who I am and where I come from. I only mentioned Joe part out of curiosity as i too knew a frostbite from my time called Joe, I know this is gonna sound crazy but he was from from my future, and secondary too tell you if he is indeed your friend then he has come here with me and was alive and well......i ....i think....my mind is a little squiffy. And that i guess is my confession as much as i would like to help Im afraid any help you can offer me in finding my friends would be greatly appreciated in return, i would like to say Im truly selfless but Im lost in this time and i need to know my friends are okay".

There was i long pause followed by...

"You talk to much" croaked a voice my a sharp shock in sentinels side like a bolt of electric.

After his body tensed he felt his still weary body go limp

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 17 2013, 02:58

OOC Not too sure who or what the voice was or the electric bolt in the side? I'll post as if that bit didn't happen and amend it after it becomes clearer what happened, if you want to explain!

Yeoman frowned behind the mask.

"I swear, if this is some kind of trick..."

He went silent then continued. "Alright. A few years ago I was a member of a super team called the Vanguard. Frostbite, Stormwarden, Darkshadow, Steeplejack, occasionally, Wandafar, myself and a creepy guy called Nowhere Man were investigating a serum that could bring the dead back to life. Yeah, zombies, I know. Anyway, *something* happened. One day they were gone - Frostbite, Stormwarden, Darkshadow, Nowhere Man... though that jerk was always miserable and never really missed. We looked for them, we called on the resources of everyone we knew, including technological and mystical means. Tell ya.. that stuff gives me the heeby jeebies. Anyway, we looked and looked... and failed. They were gone. There were other things going on, and Steeplejack was semi retired anyway, so there seemed no point in carrying on the Vanguard. We kept in touch, but operated solo or team up, with the likes of Scourge and others. Anyway, if what you say IS true - and I'm not confirming it one way or another - it sounds like my friend is back! Of course, this could all be a trap, some kind of scheme... occupational hazard as you know. We'll know when we go see Wandafar. Hang on. We're going... supersonic!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHH!!!!

OOC Next post will be hopefully meeting up with Frostbite, and maybe Lionheart and one or two others Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:47

OOC: Cool. I just posted that bit if sentinel had crossed the line as if anyone would believe a story like time travel anyway.
Steve doesn't believe in lying even if the truth sounds crazy, from a simpler time i suppose.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 21 2013, 00:03

OOC Continued in this thread...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2