The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

4 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 03 2012, 02:16

"Sirs...." said LaSueur. "We all seen the power you have. We seen this this here ship that flies in the air, all the metal skinned robots that wander about. We've seen you battle Nazi supermen, and brush them aside. I guess the question we have above all others is, what are your intentions when all this is over? The power you wield... what happens to that? To you? Let's face it, no one could stop you if..."

"You actually mean, am I going to set myself up as ruler of the world with my fellow Vanguardians ruling various continents for me," Anyman says with a smile. "Honestly, the temptation is there. But then how does that make me any different than the Nazis I've been fighting? I've had dreams of going back to being an actor and settling down and perhaps marrying. But things have changed and continue to change that will prevent me from doing that. We are the Vanguard. Our ... "curse" and our PRIVILEDGE is to be in the vanguard, defending Earth, the Whole Earth from menaces like the alien robots we now control and other alien species that are out there that want our resources. That's is probably my life long job now."

Number One looked across. "First camp in visual range."

A wall changed into a viewscreen, then zoomed in on the camp. Nazi guards looked up in fear at the distant Robo Carrier. A scan of the camp reveals dozens of P'utinarians in the camp, clearly not human, though wearing human form, rounded up, and ready to be led into a chamber...

"Scan indicates lethal levels of gas will be delivered in that structure" said Number one. "In the next few moments"

OOC It's been a few hours since the Dark power wore off, and you're about five miles away. A V-Ship is faster than the Robo Carrier, but even so, may not be in time to save the P'utinarians being herded into the chamber... .

"NOT AGAIN," Anyman roars! "THE KILLING HAS TO STOP!"

actions: Call up the Dark Power again. Going to need group TP for the Vanguard and Number One acting as recorder for the reporters. Plan to TP right into the chamber and bust it down. Going to spend hero points to avoid blowing the roll. Would 6 to 8 DPts be enough to teleport there? More if needed. Our regular powers can handle the rest unless more Nazi supers show up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 03 2012, 07:25

DavidMcMahon wrote:"NOT AGAIN," Anyman roars! "THE KILLING HAS TO STOP!"

"Agreed" Frostbite added with a grime determination. "Anyman, use probability manipulation to switch off the gas and shut down the base's electrical or mechanical supplies. Number 1 just to be on the safe side, send a EMP burst toward the base, that should also effectively shut anything electronic down that would harm the P'utinarians and may even give them a fighting chance. I also suggest we let them know who is coming, that way they will know we're here to help."

OOC:
Hey Paul sorry to hear about the shifts mate, just when you can is good enough for us.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 03 2012, 07:32

Admin wrote:"Lionheart? Lionheart had seen something, a vision of things to come.

The end of life on Earth?

OOC How Lionheart proceeds from here is up to him - he's seen a vision of something approaching earth, but how does one deal with the fact that the Earth may be invaded in the next day or two?

Slowly he turned to Beth, he saw the familiar smile, the look, but all of it somehow manufactured and dare he say soulless. He was grateful that a part of her lived on but she was no longer the woman he fell for, who fell in the Arctic.

Snapping around, he spoke with a new sense of resolve and determination, but to what end he didn't know. "Just when we thought things couldn't get worse, an alien fleet looks like its come to seize the family silver, whilst everyone else is distracted. I've got to contact the others."

With that he indicated that Beth should follow as he went to where he could communicated with Frostbite, Anyman and Sentinel.

OOC:

Ok not sure what the situation is regarding communications with the Robo Carriers, do I have technology lying about I can use, or is it a case of sitting to concentrate and send a Psi message to them?

In any case I will relay what I've been shown as best I can, and explain that ahead of the destructive force that still threatens all life here, someone has broken the trust we had and decided to sneak in presumably to take the Lunarium whilst we are too busy to notice, or too distracted to fight back. It was a vision of the future, so its indeterminate to me as to how far ahead this is. But the Robo Carriers might be able to determine by means of long range scans what is going on. Then its a case of deciding what is best to do regarding the situation.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jun 03 2012, 09:12

Sentinel just stood there in silence, motionless like a statue......apart from that is his watery eyes. He had been on the front lines before he had been bless with the gift of his powers, seen men cut down like weeds by heavy machine gun fire, been knee deep in dead.....that was grim but it was war.... 'THIS' he thought while clenching his jaw and stairing in horror at the image of the camp where hundreds of unarmed starving innocents, who were looking so gaunt almost if they were dead already, were hearded like cattle to be gased as if they nothing.....
"THIS IS MASS GENOCIDE" Sentinel caught himself screaming out loud.
"I need to get down there, if you cant shut off those gas chambers I can melt the pipes or the generators or what ever they have"

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:49

OOC Anyman calls on the Dark Power again...

Anyman
110 htc
88 htk
72 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 7/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Points 29
Teleport G5 (10 fr), Intuition (10fr)

Ego 12 + Roll 2D10 (+2 HP) = 9,9,8,8 (uhm, that'll do it. 18, Double) plus Roll 2,2 (4, Double) plus 9,8 (17)=51. Dark Power Ego 8 + Roll 2,2 (4, Double) plus 6,8 (14)=26. Roll passed. 8D10=3,2,9,3,8,1,10,7 (43 x 3=129 points). Enough for Teleport Grade 5 (80 points) and Intuition (20 points) to ensure you don't teleport somewhere dangerous. Scores amended above.

With a thought, a turn, then a wave of the hand the Vanguardians (Anyman, Frostbite, Sentinel) appeared inside the chamber! The reporters, disorientated, looked about, fearful! Number One stood calmly by, then appeared to stare at a length of lead pipes running the length of the building.

All about were bedraggled, beaten, weakened people.

P'utinarians all, wearing human shape in an attempt to hide, which hadn't worked because of the Skrall technology and the powerful mental abilities of the Nazi Psychic cadre that had been destroyed or at least disrupted, in Berlin by Anyman.

The nearest looked up and stammered "Is... is it time? Is it the end?" He hugged a grey amorphous blob to his chest. It was weak, near white in colour, and clung to the man as a child would to a parent.

Anyman, angry, looked about for someone to smash! There were few windows in here, and those were barred and sealed. The place was long and the roof arched. Number One turned to Frostbite "An Electromagnetic pulse has been discharged. Reports are that a number of Skrall subsystems are down, but many are shielded. They now know we are coming. Indeed..." the robot looked up to the pipes.

"They have released the gas..."

OOC you have one (1) Action (2 frames) before this place is FULL of poison gas! Perhaps you want to bust through the walls or blast through the doors... you are 10m from the doors at one end of the long chamber. I have no intimate knowledge of the gas chambers used in the war (nor would I want it) so I'll limit details. This is grisly business, so reel off your 1 action (or 2 frames) and hope its enough to save these people! And possibly, yourselves...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:59

Lionheart spoke into the earpiece which connected him with a V-Ship, which was able to communicate anywhere across the world by bouncing the signal from the Robo Carriers in orbit and from there down to the Robo Carrier used by his team mates. He was impressed, and disturbed. This kind of communication would not, should not, be available for another 50 or more years according to his history lessons... With a shake of the head he sent his message anyway.

A Peeler replied from the Robo Carrier "Sir, they've... teleported... I think they call it, directly down into the concentration camp where they plan to skrrrzzz... weeeeeeoooooo ... chamber! I couldn't believe it when skreee...ooooweeee....drzzzzzz...."

Beth turned to Lionheart. "The signal is being jammed or has been ..." she looked up, out the window, to the clear blue skies Britain currently enjoyed. "Disrupted, somehow?"

Lionheart was far, far more powerful than he'd been before. His senses were superhuman, his psychic powers dwarfed what they had been. All of those senses, and his instincts, told him that the vision he'd seen had not indicated they had days to spare, or even hours...

"I am... no longer human." declared Beth. "I can fly quickly and do not need human sustenance. I can fly into orbit in a short time, or perhaps we could commandeer a V-Ship and investigate together?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 04 2012, 00:19

"They have released the gas..."

OOC you have one (1) Action (2 frames) before this place is FULL of poison gas! Perhaps you want to bust through the walls or blast through the doors... you are 10m from the doors at one end of the long chamber. I have no intimate knowledge of the gas chambers used in the war (nor would I want it) so I'll limit details. This is grisly business, so reel off your 1 action (or 2 frames) and hope its enough to save these people! And possibly, yourselves....

Anyman stretches and plasters himself to the roof and walls, to block out the gas. He uses some of his remaining DP points to make himself immune to the gas.

"Take this place down," he tells the other Vanguardians. "I will hold the gas off while you get everyone free."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 04 2012, 07:18

Admin wrote:Lionheart "I am... no longer human." declared Beth. "I can fly quickly and do not need human sustenance. I can fly into orbit in a short time, or perhaps we could commandeer a V-Ship and investigate together?"

Lionheart nodded to her, "Do it, we haven't got long, the others need to know a new invasion is about to do a hit and run on the moon. It would leave earth in a far worse shape, we've got to stop them and tell the others what is going on."

With that Lionheart watched as 'Beth' transformed into her incandescent form and shot away, whilst he walked calmly toward the front of the building. What could he do, with one v ship and an immanent invasion, he wondered.

OOC:
Ok let Beth get a V ship, and go straight up, whilst I do that I will communicate directly with the others as to what is going on, no point in trying to go another root but lets see them jam Psi communications as well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 04 2012, 07:21

DavidMcMahon wrote:Anyman stretches and plasters himself to the roof and walls, to block out the gas. He uses some of his remaining DP points to make himself immune to the gas.

"Take this place down," he tells the other Vanguardians. "I will hold the gas off while you get everyone free."

"Sentinel seal the pipes so we can get open the doors." Frostbite said quickly as he went over to the door and ripped it off its hinges to allow people out.

OOC: Given the time we've got and the undoubted return of our dark powers as some point, I'll use mundane means to open the door. I will proceed out first to make sure the coast is clear and if not take action against those we find outside.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Jun 04 2012, 08:25

"Already on it"

As soon as he said it frostbite notice a slow groaning noise as all the conical metal vents collapsed on them selfs like flowers closing at night.

OOC: I would like to trace the pipes back to the machine creating the gas using sentinels mental morphing to sense it back through the walls or whatever in our next round, if we are alive, then use hero points to max, as theres so many lifes at stake, to shut it down melt it if its metal or just bash the crap out of it.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 05 2012, 11:44

Anyman stretched like a blanket across the ceiling and willed himself immune to the gas (OOC 20 Dark Power Points, 9 remaining).

Sentinel concentrated, and 'felt' the metal present in the building, the walls, the pipes, the guns of the Nazi guards outside...

The pipes instantly crimped along their length, sealing the gas in and giving it no route out...

=========

"Make sure you put more in. This alien trash will..." said the Nazi officer in an adjoining building.

(OOC translated from German)

All of a sudden the pump being manned by two burly stripped to the waist guards started spewing out gas! They screamed as the place filled up... but did not scream long...

Outside the building the guards stepped back from the gas oozing from vents in the walls, under the door, out the window. Many covered their mouths and ran for cover!

People screamed and ran!

=========

Inside the gas chamber...

Frostbite stepped up to the doors, tested them with a push, then slammed hard against them, shattering the chain links on the outside! "Time to... gahhh!" he cried, clutching his head and falling to his knees! What was... ?

Sentinel saw his friend fall, then turned to help him.. only to feel a splitting pain in his head as well! He staggered, and his metal suit became a virtual prison as he lost his power to control metal! Unable to move it more than a few inches because of the terrific weight, he came to the realisation... he'd lost control of his superhuman powers!

Frostbite 'de-iced' and blinked through waves of pain. The P'utinarians, many of whom had resumed their natural grey forms, cowered in fear at all that had gone on. He looked up and saw Anyman on the ceiling...

One of the reporters, LeSeur, moved to Frostbites side "What is it? What happened? Why can't you...?"

A shadow fell across the doorway to the gas chamber...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Major_Nazi

"Herr Anyman" growled Major Nazi, standing in the doorway. "Ve meet again. I hef... brought a few friends viz me zis time und I sink our dance vill be to a different tune, ja? Before I vas veak! Now..." He smiled, cruelly, and looked about.

Sentinel and Frostbite staggered with the pain, barely able to concentrate!

Anyman, still on the ceiling, looked to where his old enemy stood and his heart sank.

'The shadows darken with that one, and those with him'
growled the Demons voice inside Anymans head...

Number One looked over at the Nazi in the doorway. "Curious. The metahuman was not in the vicinity moments ago. Perhaps he..."

"SILENCE!" barked Major Nazi, who stared at the robot with red glowing eyes... Number One promptly burst into flames and started to ooze into a metal puddle! "I can sense you, freak!" he snarled at Anyman. "And the new power inside me guided me to you! You will die, and the 3rd Reich shall emerge, victorious!"

OOC Frostbite and Sentinel are on half frames because they are crippled with blinding head pain. The source of that pain is unknown right now, but the Nazi superhumans have arrived , seemingly from nowhere (or using the same methods the Vanguard use...?). You have 2 frames to act, then the Nazis act...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 05 2012, 12:12

"SILENCE!" barked Major Nazi, who stared at the robot with red glowing eyes... Number One promptly burst into flames and started to ooze into a metal puddle! "I can sense you, freak!" he snarled at Anyman. "And the new power inside me guided me to you! You will die, and the 3rd Reich shall emerge, victorious!"

OOC Frostbite and Sentinel are on half frames because they are crippled with blinding head pain. The source of that pain is unknown right now, but the Nazi superhumans have arrived , seemingly from nowhere (or using the same methods the Vanguard use...?). You have 2 frames to act, then the Nazis act....

oooc: YES! Major Nazi is back! I mean, Oh No! Major Nazi is back.

"How come you are not dead," Anyman asks. "Your powers should have destroyed you by now."

actions: teleport myself and Major Nazi a mile out of camp. Putting points into making that happen.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 05 2012, 17:30

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite and Sentinel are on half frames because they are crippled with blinding head pain. The source of that pain is unknown right now, but the Nazi superhumans have arrived , seemingly from nowhere (or using the same methods the Vanguard use...?). You have 2 frames to act, then the Nazis act...

Frostbite fought back with all his will and power, he could muster. He wasn't going to be overcome without a fight.

OOC:
Ok not sure what I can do to overcome the Shadows without my own companion with me - probably little, which either means we'll get a nice beating or the Shadows will end up returning to us sooner or later. Then again there could be a third option my ailing brain might not have seen. But in the meantime I'll do what I can to resist the de-powering influence and get my head back in the game, literally. Consider me using hero/effort points whatever to fight back the afront to my mind.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 06 2012, 00:13

'Beware!' hissed the Dark Power inside Anyman!

OOC Using, 2? hero points. Anyman 12 Ego + Roll 9,6,3,5 (15) = 27. Major Nazi Ego 20 (!) + Roll 7,2 (9)=29. Anyman fails to teleport the bad guy, but not by much.

Anyman gestured, then 'grabbed' Major Nazi with his mind! Only... it felt like he was holding a horde or eels in his hand! His will wriggled and fought, and Anyman realised he wasn't facing a man with a shadow demon inside of him... instead he faced a man with a HORDE of Shadow Demons inside him!

How was that even possible?

"My...will... is legion, Prince!" growled Major Nazi, dabbing at his bleeding nose with a grin. "Your power IS colossal, but tainted, by compassion, by your NEED to help these gnats! You are a GOD! USE your unfettered MIGHT to LEAD your people! YOUR people, not these... sheep!"

Major Nazi swayed a little, blinked, then refocused his eyes. "My turn." he hissed.

Frostbite reeled from the staggering power of the headache that caused his vision to spot and blur, cold sweat to run down his all too human face, and his limbs to tremble.

He dug deep, looking for reserves of strength, and a second wave of pain smashed into him, driving him to his knees!

'Last time, it took you a week to recover...' rasped the Dark power inside Frostbites head 'And put you in a coma'

He blinked, staggered, dropped to one knee and gasped. The weight and power of the fear, terror, all the negative emotions of this place, of all of Europe, started to flood into Frostbite... and his body, the dark power, something inside him, around him, some mystical or metaphysical process changed those feelings into the Dark Power....

OOC Frostbite gets his dark power back. Things don't get easier though as the pain and suffering affect him until the Dark Power has its fill... Ross/Sentinel to post then you'll be introduced to the rest of Major Nazis crew.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Jun 06 2012, 07:42

Sentinel couldnt concentrate he too like his friend collapsed and writhe about in the most horrific pain, trying to stand even for a moment was unbearable, he couldnt even make it over to Joe. Each time he brought up one leg to knee he was struck down again. Holding his temples of his head as if his head may unscrew at any minute he turned to the alien prisoners, who were now back in there original forms. "RRRRUN SAV...VE YOUR SSSELFS"

OOC: Is it wrong that im hoping the misery and pain of the P'utinirians will be enough to bring back the two vanguards dark shadows?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 06 2012, 22:10

OOC I may be misunderstanding Lionhearts intent with regards Beths actions - does she fly into space for a look (something Lionheart himself is capable of at Grade 5 flight if he can find some way of breathing and protecting from the cold) or is she fetching a V-Ship for the pair of them? I'll assume the former, let me know if I've gotten the wrong end of the stick.

Lionheart marched outside the former school to where a V-Ship was parked on the playing fields. Soldiers took up station around it, eyes peeled, vigilant, alert. Something felt wrong. Cold. Sterile. Where was the banter, the moaning, the laughter? No one smoked, chatted or ate. They just got on with their jobs.

A Peeler, recently recruited as 133, walked past but stopped when Lionheart got his attention. "I need a communications link to the others. Now, please." said Lionheart. The Peeler looked wide eyed in awe at the man, literally dropped a wooden crate of - something - that had been intended for the new training school and sprinted back up the ramp to the V-Ship. Everywhere Lionheart looked, a similar absence of 'human' behaviour was apparent. When the people were supposed to be happy, they were. When they were busy, and supposed to be efficient, industrious and focussed, they were. It rather reminded him of a factory. Run by and staffed by robots.

With a sigh he walked onto the landing ramp of the V-Ship and into the vessel itself.

=========

"The Vanguard are in Poland." grumbled Slobotham.

The 'bat-man' or 'aide' of General Wynn sighed. He was out of uniform, wearing a vest and somewhat unkempt. He spoke from the deck of another V-Ship, this one damaged and being repaired by efficient looking Skralls. He glanced over his shoulder "The world's gone weird Lionheart, and I don't mean our normal kind of weird. Whatever Frostbite or the others did has changed things. For the better? Sure, if you think everyone being polite to each other and getting on with things without moaning about the weather or chatting about the war or any of that stuff doesn't matter." He sighed. "General Wynn is recovering. The Dark Power was a part of him. he felt the loss keenly, though I dare say not as much as the others."

"Now you say we're in trouble from an alien power?" he shrugged "Just another day in the life. We'll deal with it, or we won't, no use worrying. Strange, I thought beating the Nazis and ending their grand ambitions would make things easier, clearer. Now everyone is looking to Great Britain wondering if our new utopian society will emerge as a new Nazi Germany, albeit one that smiles and conquers you through hearts and minds. And it's only been a day or so." he looked Lionheart in the eye (from the other end of the screen) and frowned. "Enough with feeling sorry for ourselves. I will scramble..." he paused "Whoever I can into V-Ships, report to Dawson and Forbes, and we'll make best preparation to fend off an alien attack."

He chuckled "First we'll try bullets and bombs, then when they run out, sticks and rocks. After that? The kitchen sink should pack a wallop. We'll be in touch. I'll let Wynny know what's going on, though I shouldn't, dicky ticker and all that. I'll... ah, get meself cleaned up too."

Lionheart watched the screen wink out. Peeler 133 looked over as they stood on the bridge. All about, Skralls scurried here and there, repairing, reorganising, maintaining and monitoring. One stood beside 133 as if expectant for an order. 133, John Hemswell, glanced down, then at Lionheart. "Your orders sir? The V-Ship is fuelled, prepped and ready to fly to..." he waved a hand "Wherever"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 07 2012, 16:20

Admin wrote:OOC I may be misunderstanding Lionhearts intent with regards Beths actions - does she fly into space for a look (something Lionheart himself is capable of at Grade 5 flight if he can find some way of breathing and protecting from the cold) or is she fetching a V-Ship for the pair of them? I'll assume the former, let me know if I've gotten the wrong end of the stick.

OOC: You got it right, sorry for any confusion.

Admin wrote:
Lionheart watched the screen wink out. Peeler 133 looked over as they stood on the bridge. All about, Skralls scurried here and there, repairing, reorganising, maintaining and monitoring. One stood beside 133 as if expectant for an order. 133, John Hemswell, glanced down, then at Lionheart. "Your orders sir? The V-Ship is fuelled, prepped and ready to fly to..." he waved a hand "Wherever"

Lionheart looked about, his thoughts elsewhere, wondering what it was he was to encounter up above and beyond. Bringing himself back to the present situation, he sighed before saying, "Take us up, into space we need to scan these sectors..." Lionheart said as he imputed the coordinates he felt would be the most likely location of the ships he saw would come from.

OOC: Ok up into space to intercept the alien force that is rushing in on this sector.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 08 2012, 00:04

Sentinel felt pain, such agony as he'd never experience, split through his head! Unable to stop from crying out, he slumped, clutching his skull and finding it hard to see through the haze of pain!

'Such pain, such terror! Delicious! I can taste it! Your friend foolishly flushed all such emotions from the land you call Britain, thus depriving me.. us... of the source of ... our power! Remember that! Ultimate power has a cost! That cost is the suffering, the pain, the fear and the terror of others! Remember, human! When the time comes that the lion lies down with the lamb, then and only then will you not be required to protect humanity, both from itself and the perils that close in from all sides!' rasped the Dark power inside. Sentinel winced, peering through the slits of his eyes at the blurred image of the big Nazi filling the door. Then he watched as the Nazi was joined by others...

OOC Sentinel gets his Dark Power back... but will it be enough, or in time, to save him and the others from the new threat?

Major Nazi looks up at Anyman "BURN, freak!" he hissed!

OOC High Power energy blast (x8) of heat against Anyman (-3DD) with WC4. Major Nazi blasts at Anyman and uses 2 'Villain' points (same as Hero points, just for bad guys). Dice roll 8,4,6,4 (double 4) plus 6,1 (7) for a total of 15 + 4 + 6=25-17. 8 accuracy, doing 32htc/32htk (after dividers) to Anyman. RESPONSE? He attacks again with the same attack, same villain points... Roll 7,1,8,4 (15) + 4 + 6=25-17, 8 accuracy, doing 32htc/32htk (after dividers). Then he smiles and walks outside...

"Come, Herr Anyman! Let the whole camp see how I humble you!" he laughs. He turns to his associates "Kill all the others. His associates are weakened, somehow. Finish them!"

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Nazi_2
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Nazi_3
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Nazi_4
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 4 Nazi_5

The creak of wooden boards suggested something big was coming. When the brick wall collapsed inwards in a cloud of brick dust and shattered stone there were four beings stood in the shadows.

The woman looked at Frostbite, then her eyes glowed...

OOC mind attack! She has Ego 14 + Roll 7,3 (10)=24. Frostbite has Ego 12 + Roll 5,4 (9)=21. Feel free to spend Hero points (cost is doubled so 1d10=2 HP) if you wish. She inflicts 6htk on Frostbite, then attacks again (same method). Ego 14 + Roll 9,4 (13)=27. Frostbite has Ego 12 + Roll 4,7 (11) = 23. 8htk damage. Again, you can use Hero Points to buy extra dice for one or both attacks (at no cost in future actions).

The Big man stretched (like Anyman!) an arm across to where Sentinel was and delivered a jaw shattering punch, then another!

OOC WC2 + DC6 + Roll 5,7 (12)=20-17=3 accuracy. Add damage from punch (3) then strength bonus (+40)=46/3=15htc. Again, Roll 6,4 (10) + 8=18-17=1 accuracy + 1(punch) + 40 (strength)=42htc/3=14htc. Sentinel takes a total of 29htc (putting him on 81/110htc). Any response to the hits or take them?

The big nazi laughed out loud. "Zis vill be easy! Zese are veak!"

"Don't get cocky!" shouted the smaller man. "Just down them, and finish them!" He thrust out a hand, aimed, then blasted lightning at Frostbite!

OOC Energy attack WC3 x5 damage -3DD. Roll 5,4 (9) + WC3 + DC6=18-17=1 accuracy. 3htk, 2htc (after dividers). A quick blast Roll 7,10 (17) + WC3 + DC6=26-17=9 accuracy. 9htk, 9htc. Any response?

The mysterious dark figure neither moved, nor said anything. He simply watched... and waited...

OOC Your remaining frames (2 each). I understand this might get messy and prolonged, so if you let me know some kind of 'threshold' of damage you are prepared to take, and anything above that I will perform the best defensive action (parry or dodge) as appropriate. It will take 2 frames to call on the dark power, or use your powers as they are. Sentinel and Frostbite are no longer 'crippled' with pain, and have the Dark Power back to call on. This will be a tough fight! The Nazis have struck a deal that will damn them, but this is their final throw of the dice, their final chance to stop their hated enemies.. the VANGUARD!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:04

'I'm glad to have you back dark prince, It was getting lonely in here with just my own thoughts' he thought to himself ignoring the punch as he was just so releaved to have the big guns backing there corner once more.
"You first then old boy" sentinel said shooting to his feet right in front of the Nazi and brushing himself off like nothing had happened then lending out a hand to frostbite.

OOC: I'll delay for Joe/Dave then join in.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 08 2012, 12:19

ooc: I don't see this as prolonged. It will be very short really. I won't waste time dodging or blocking the attack and take all the damage.

Anyman summons his Dark Powers.

actions: Use 10 Dark Power Points. IF I fail the control roll, then I use Hero Points to not fail. [that's the new rule, right? Costs twice as much to do it that way?]. Put it all into Strength. You can add some kind of damage dividers to strength, can't you? If so, then reduce his damage dividers, taking the damage divider reduction twice. Everything else is pure strength.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 08 2012, 17:09

Frosbite

OOC:
Ok firstly I will add hero points to protect myself, I've got one of the worst HTC/HTK results and I go down too easily without help.

Second as regards to pain barrier, well it seems with only two frames and some ultra powerful Nazi's we are going to get hit a lot, so yeah do what you need to, to keep us in the running or else this fight will be over pretty quick.

As regards to calling on the dark power - heck yeah. We need to wipe the floor with these guys give me 10 and give me all the hero points I need to make it possible. I guess the chances of defeating them easily - say via teleporting them to the Sun, isn't going to work for the same reason it wouldn't work on us. But if we do, do such things then at least it should wear out their physical form much quicker.

So lets go Dark points being spend both to boost Ego and then get a high enough grade of teleport to get them all in one go into the heart of the Sun and see how they manage with that.

Frostbite's ice form instantly started to frost but it clearly didn't remain that way, as all over his form, dark spikes of hard ice and crackles of dark light played over his skin. To the untrained eye it might seem as if Frostbite was coming apart, as the icy form cracked and reformed a living statue of ice, cracking and reforming but the Nazi's didn't have untrained eyes and they could see the Dark Power was once again present and no longer holding back.

A voice, deep within cold like space and full of unfeigned menace simple said, "You have chosen unwisely, you've damned yourselves to a path of destruction, now let me show you where it leads!"

And with that Frostbite gestured as he rose and power emanated from him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 09 2012, 20:05

ANYMAN

OOC with regards damage dividers for strength, strictly speaking you don't get them (instead they add to your own damage dividers, rather than the 'armour piercing' effect I think you are referring to) but this is the Dark Power. If you want an 'armour piercing effect' you pay for it with Dark Power points. Limits? Rulebook? Ha! Right then, Dark Power Growth is at 1 point for Anyman. Ego 12 + Roll (Hero points if required) 10,1 (11)=23. Dark Power effective ego 11 + Roll 7,2 (9)=20. Job done. 10D10 worth of points (x3) = 10,8,2,1,7,7,8,1,9,5=58x3. 174 points plus 29 he had already.

Damage divider reduction (armour piercing) would cost the same as a new power (20 points) for -2DD (or split divider reduction as required from -1 to -4 on Htc or htk or a mix, so you could have -3DD for htk and -1htc for htc) and for another grade (and extra -2DD to htk and htc) 15 points. 35 points spent leaves 168 points to spend on strength. That's 11 grades of strength (at +12 each). +122 strength, -4DD. Putty has 162 strength, +147 damage for 12 frames. He also has 6 frames of teleportation and Intuition. Let's hope he gets chance to use it all!

Anyman
36/110 htc
24/88 htk
72 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 8/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Points 3
Dark Power Growth 2
Teleport G5 (6 fr), Intuition (6fr)
Strength +11 Grades (12fr)
Armour Piercing (-4DD) (12fr)

OOC On another note, will update as much as I can tonight and tomorrow. This week should be MUCH easier than last week, which was awful (60 hrs rounded off by Fridays 13 hour shift. I don't do those sort of hours by choice and don't get paid any extra for them, it's just the way my company works, unfortunately. Give me 35hrs/week anyday!). Thanks for hanging in there Smile Will sort out Frostbite and Sentinel next, then its initiative the next round of combat. If it spills out of the gas chamber, I'll cook up a map.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:31

FROSTBITE

OOC Hero points to boost his ego roll (hopefully) Cost is 2 per die, I'll assume you go for one extra dice for each attack, for a total of 4 points.Roll of 6 for first die replaces 4. Reduces damage to 2htk. Roll of 6 (again) for second roll replaces 4. Reduces damage to 4htk. Total cost 4 HP.

Frostbite
60htc
42/48htk
Dark power level 2
Dark power experience 7/10
Dark Power growth 1
Dark power points 114 (8fr before drain)
Hero Points 68
Fate Points 10

Would have thought going intangible might have been best bet (in case you lose initiative) but calling on Dark power is a solid option too. 10 points dark power so Frostbites EGo 12 + Roll (+HP if reqd) 7,7 (14, double) plus 10,8 (18)=44. Dark power Ego 10 + Roll 8,10 (18)=28. Test passed. Scores amended above. 10D10=3,8,6,7,3,3,8,8,8,3. 57 x 2=114 Dark power points. To teleport a target into the sun would be something crazy like Grade 9 Teleport (93 million miles away remember) whilst 5-6 generally means anywhere on Earth. That (grade 9) would cost 140 Dark power points so you may need a rethink on strategy. Bottom of the ocean, the heart of a volcano, core of the Earth, into orbit are all viable options for killing off the bad guys. I've marked the Dark power points above.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:40

Silver Sentinel felt the rush of power back into him. He realised the searing pain and agony he'd been in were the raw emotions of the tortured psyches of prisoners - it was as if gates had been opened and power rushed in!

Anyman felt his friends regain the Dark power.

Frostbite shivered as he felt the Dark power make itself known inside his body. He looked at his opponents.

All of them gathered darkness about them, though the enemy of Anyman, Major Nazi, seemed particularly 'dark'. Anyman glanced at Frostbite then at Major Nazi. His intuition told him he faced not just one foe, but dozens, maybe more, all house in the same body!

The P'utinarians in the gas chamber cowered in fear, as did the human reporters! There were powers at work here that they could not hope to comprehend or counter! Little did they realise that their terror fed all the combatants' Shadow Demon symbiotes!

OOC Sentinel has 2 frames to act (call on dark power?) then INITIATIVE Heroes 7, Bad guys 9. 1 frame to bad guys, then Heroes get their frames. Once Sentinel has declared his frames I'll resolve the Nazis frame then you can declare responses/actions for the coming round.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Jun 10 2012, 14:59

The flood gates of raw emotions were indeed had been smash open, embracing the dark power sentinel too could of attempted to teleport his foes but that would be far to easy and not so much fun for he missed the feel of the dark force inside, but who was driving who? His powers were back in full nowand it was time to show these nazis that they were not to be trifled with.

OOC: Could I also use my dark power points to strength and in case of bad rolls use hero points to pass for control. Next round its clobbering time

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next