The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

4 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  Admin Sun May 27 2012, 23:53

OOC I interpreted 'deck' as 'bridge' - if that's no good let me know
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 28 2012, 00:12

ooc: Didn't want to be inside the ship but outside since I didn't want us to worry about the gas being used to knock everyone out. Also would all the reporters a chance to see us in action. The two I mentioned should have made our bridge around now, if not just before we left.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 28 2012, 00:17

Lionheart scanned the fellow in front of him. Farquahar-Bellington-Jones appeared to be 'on the level'. Lionheart could detect no duplicity in the man, but he still felt a sense of unease.

Was it here, right now, in the past, where the PSI Corps were born? Would the psychics of this bygone era form the seed that would grow into the ultimate law enforcement officers of the future?

He looked about, out of the window. This place was so... backward! There were no facilities that could be used to test or train psychics... the existence of psychic powers was scoffed at, and yet...? If he did help establish the government backed program, would there then be no PSI Corps, and would the events that led to his birth never then take place?

He shuddered.

"From what we know, you might be able to test others for evidence of psychic abilities. All to be very hush hush you know. People can accept the impossible - men tossing tanks, flying through the air, blasting cold from their hands. If word got out that there are people who can read minds though... we'd have bloody uproar!" chuckled Farquahar-Bellington-Jones.

"Where do you want to start, and how? Schools? A questionnaire for people to fill out? Maybe you can use your, ah, unique abilities to find others like, ah, you."

OOC This isn't an 'instant thing' - it will take place over time, but in my next post things will get complicated for Lionheart...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 28 2012, 00:21

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: Didn't want to be inside the ship but outside since I didn't want us to worry about the gas being used to knock everyone out. Also would all the reporters a chance to see us in action. The two I mentioned should have made our bridge around now, if not just before we left.

OOC that would present a problem - at several hundred miles an hour all three of you would be whipped off into the sky. Maybe Sentinel could use his metal morphing power to adhere him to the hull I guess. You won't be affected by the gas for a while at any rate, being superhumans. Minutes at the earliest in any rate. It would be no trouble to bring Number One along too, who will be able to transmit everything 'she' sees or hears back to the ship where every screen can show it, or simply to the bridge where the two reporters can observe. Another update later today (hitting sack for work)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 28 2012, 00:47

ooc: Ah, sort of forgot the speed we were moving. So bringing Number One along and going to the Bridge works then,
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 28 2012, 06:43

Admin wrote:OOC You are 5m away, have 2 free frames to act, then initiative time. Pick a target (lead nazi, bald fighter, woman, shimmering man) and declare actions.

OOC:
Thanks for the explanation re hero points etc, sounds good to me.

Frostbite didn't take a moment to react firing his Icy blast at the nearest Nazi, it was time to take them down quickly.

OOC:
Ok going with two quick blasts, as this improves the chances of hitting - right. So two quick blasts for as much as I can conceivable hit them with, a hero point on each if they hit anyway, then maybe add that to damage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 28 2012, 06:45

Admin wrote:Lionheart "Where do you want to start, and how? Schools? A questionnaire for people to fill out? Maybe you can use your, ah, unique abilities to find others like, ah, you."

OOC This isn't an 'instant thing' - it will take place over time, but in my next post things will get complicated for Lionheart...

Lionheart pondered his options, though things on the whole were quieter, danger was never far. "I will help, but understand my first priority is to the nation and the Vanguard, what time I'm left with after I can make available to you."

Besides, he couldn't help thinking to himself that it was the best way to keep a closer eye on this outfit and its possible ramifications.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon May 28 2012, 07:35

No sooner than the three vanguards teleported in on the unsuspecting nazis did frostbite open fire
'hey' sentinel thought 'thats my job', in that split second he decided not to wreck the place for once with his metal manipulation,for now at least anyway, as they came to take over not to destroy, 'shame'.

OOC: Quick blasts for me too after frostbite so I can see who is still standing

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 28 2012, 15:58

Anyman stretches out to touch the woman and teleport her off the ship. He thinks for a moment of just teleporting her straight to the outside of the ship and letting her fall, assuming she can't fly. But ... even though she is an evil Nazi Bitch, he can't bring himself to do that to a woman so he teleports her to the ground.

ooc: Not sure of my range at this level of TP so I want to TP her to the ground and far away from the fight. Not sure if I have a few thousand yards range or miles range or hundreds of miles range but get her far away, and unless she has ungodly flight speed, out of the fight.

I'm assuming the shimmering guy might be able to fly if he isn't a superspeedster but not sure if the others can or not but since all these ships are still moving at hundreds of miles an hour, if they get knocked or TPed out of the ships, they may not be able to catch up. Not going to be so nice to the Nazi men though, they can take their chances falling; I may even add a little altitude to their falling height - okay, a lot of altitude.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 29 2012, 00:31

OOC Frostbite fires two Quick Blasts at the Bald muscled Nazi and spends two Hero points (Frostbite: 73HP, Energy 11/15 r 1/5)

1st Roll 6,1,10 (16) + WC3 + DC6=25-17=8 accuracy. Dividers (5) reduced to 3. Bad guys takes 3htc, 3htk.

2nd Roll 9,7,9 (18, double) plus 5,5 (double) plus 10,6 + WC3 + DC6=53-17=36 accuracy. Dividers (5) reduced to 3. Bad guy takes 12htc, 12htk

Frostbite blasted out, his first shot barely catching the big Nazi with ice daggers. The Nazi laughed, then shivered as a full on ice torrent caught him in the face! With a frost 'beard' he glared at Frostbite and spoke in German, bellowing a threat! He certainly looked big enough to back it up!

OOC Silver Sentinel up next. No mention of hero point use, so its down to rolling... He attacks the leader ... (Sentinel Energy 11/15 r1/5 75HP)

1st Roll 4,2 (6) + WC3 + DC6=15 miss

2nd Roll 6,8 (14) + WC3 + DC6=23-17=6 accuracy. Inflicts 6htk, 6htc... and... the bad guy laughs... (Nazis energy pool is 12 points)

Silver Sentinel missed with his first snatched shot, but the second impacted against... some kind of energy field? Sentinel gaped. The Nazis had clearly sent the 'best of the best' out there to defeat the Robo Carriers and now the Vanguard!

Anyman turns to the woman, who suddenly snarls, her eyes changing to resemble a wolfs! Her hands grow claws and she cackles, whilst long fangs protrude from her mouth! She's fast too! She's fast enough to... *pop*

OOC Anyman ego 12 + Roll 9,5 (14)=26. Nazis Ego 9 + Roll 4,2 (6)=15

=========

The woman fell on her face...

She looked about. It was hot! The sun beat down from above, and she gaped, somewhat unsure of what had just happened! Had the bandaged man... Bandaged man? ANYMAN! She hissed, snarling, and leapt to her feet! She would tear and rend him! Even if she had been transported miles she could run at nigh on 150mph! She could...

She couldn't see anything but sand in every direction. Mile, after mile, after mile of sand dunes...

Her heart sunk, but she knew that at her speed she would eventually find her way out of it! And then?

The woman looked about. The enormity of her task struck her. She had a feeling this was the Sahara desert...

=========

Back on the ship...

"Vas ist?" spluttered the Nazis! The three of them looked about, then fixed their eyes on the man they hated - and feared - above all others! ANYMAN!

Number One stood aside, impassive, recording and transmitting everything back to the Robo Carrier where all could see the fight taking place!

OOC initiative time 10 Heroes, 3 bad guys. You have 4 frames each. You have three targets - musclebound Nazi guy (injured by Frostbite), Shimmering fellow (uninjured) and laughing leader type (uninjured and glowing)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue May 29 2012, 07:44

"Ah crap....try THIS" Sentinel scream in frustration sending a mental command to the hard metal flooring causing it to form spikes from its self and roll up behind the laughing Nazi leader like a metal rolling hedgehog. The spikes thrusted underneath the now startled man looking down between his legs, sentinel knew however these crude spikes would inflict mass's of damage but his aim was to punch through the soles of the nazis feet and shins pinning him to the deck.

OOC: I would like to spend a couple of hero points if I may to make sure he gets the point B-)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 29 2012, 07:54

Frostbite this time took more careful aim, blasting with his remaining energy attack, before then switching on his intangibility. He aimed to keep the guy off guard, let him bring the fight to Frostbite.

OOC:
Ok so again use a hero point if needed for accuracy if not add it to damage dice so as to get the most out of them.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 29 2012, 13:43

Sahara Desert, eh? Not bad. Anyman will use his frames to TP each of the rest of the Nazis there too. Starting with the guys that my partners are not attacking.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 30 2012, 00:27

Silver Sentinel uses the metal of the ship as his weapon!

OOC Takes an action, does x3 damage can cover an area (several opponents at once) but might affect Anyman and Frostbite in the process. Attacks vs DC10 (easier to hit). Sentinel Energy 11/15 r2/5 73HP. Roll... WC2 + DC10 + Roll 7,1,4,4 (8, double) plus 9,3=32-17=15 accuracy x3 = 45 damage. That bumps the Nazis energy pool to 57 points, overloading his power and inflicting 7htc.

The Nazi cries out as spikes pop up from the floor and hammer into his feet! There is a flash of electrical light around him and he cries out, staggers for a moment, then hisses "you shall pay for zat!"

Frostbite concentrated his power into a more powerful shot (OOC I assume from the post? So, Frostbite: 72HP, Energy 6/15 r 2/5)

OOC One roll to hit/damage so its just adding hero points to attack (to increase accuracy). WC3 + DC6 + Roll 10,8, 8 (16, Double) plus 4,7=36-17=19 accuracy x 5 (split x3 htc, x2 htk presumably) and dividers reduced (to 3/3). Bad guy takes 19htc, 12htk.

The Big man shivers as razor sharp blades of ice crash into his skin! This time there is definite marked bruising and his costume is shredded in the chest/arms area as he seeks to defend himself. "Y...y...you sh... sh..." he stammers, shivering!

Anyman turns to the shimmering man and gestures.

OOC Ego 12 + Roll 2,5=19. Nazi Ego 9 + Roll 10,3=22. He ignores Anymans attempt to teleport him!

Frostbite turns intangible.

Anyman tries to teleport the shimmering man again...

OOC Anymans ego 12 + Roll 8,4=24. Nazis Ego 9 + Roll 10,6=25... Failed again... Remember you have plenty (157) Dark Power points left... There are a zillion different ways you can smash your enemies to a pulp, and you can boost your ego, buy new powers etc. Take a look in the Dark power thread (see in current issue) for pointers... Also, you have plenty of hero points. Whilst they don't grow on trees you will earn them regularly.

Sentinel attacks with the floor against his opponent again...

OOC WC2 + DC10 + Roll 5,2, 5,6 (2 more hero points, 10, double) plus 7,5=34-17=17 accuracy x3 damage. This time the Nazi feels it.

The Nazi screams as razor sharp spikes punch through the mans legs, feet, hips... he cried out, aghast at the ruins of his body... then died!

Sentinel Energy 11/15 r2/5 71HP

OOC bad guys frames. I've run out of time but will sort their frames out in the morning... Two of them are left - the muscled guy who has taken a pounding, and the shimmering guy who Anyman can't teleport... The other one is dead (Sentinels floor spikes) and the last one is in the middle of the Sahara desert...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 30 2012, 13:25

OOC Anymans ego 12 + Roll 8,4=24. Nazis Ego 9 + Roll 10,6=25... Failed again... Remember you have plenty (157) Dark Power points left... There are a zillion different ways you can smash your enemies to a pulp, and you can boost your ego, buy new powers etc. Take a look in the Dark power thread (see in current issue) for pointers... Also, you have plenty of hero points. Whilst they don't grow on trees you will earn them regularly.

ooc: At this point, I'm more interested in getting rid of them instead of defeating them. So I will dump Hero Points into sending them all to the Sahara Desert once it is my turn, boost my Ego and increase the level of TP to affect all of them at once and then points into making that happen. Unless the Nazis fixed the problem, these guys only have a few weeks or months left to live. Let them live it out there and out of our hair is my thinking. Have to also make sure to tell the Press through Number One what I did and why when the fight is over.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 30 2012, 16:25

The Shimmering Man moves (OOC 1 frame) by flying over to Anyman and attempts to touch the hated enemy!

OOC This could prove really nasty. You see, the shimmering man is a collection of anti energy held together into a vaguely human shape. Anything he touches? Disintegrates! Well, that's the theory. He has to touch you first. 2d10+1+6-17=-5 MISS, 2d10+1+6-17=0 MISS, 2d10+1+6-17=5 HIT. Anyman takes 10htk, 10htc (ignores tough skin, armour etc). Any response to that (dodge?) or take the hit?

Anyman feels/hears a strange buzzing sound when the Nazi comes closer. He looks less like a man and more like a violent swirl of energy held together by strength of will!

Sentinel, near Anyman, feels it too, and knows this Nazi is perhaps the most dangerous foe!

Frostbite faces up to the muscled Nazi who moves (OOC 1 frame) and swings at him!

OOC which is an exercise in futility. Frostbite is Intangible...

The Nazi stumbles, swings, kicks and roars his anger at the ghostlike apparition in front of him! "FACE ME! COWAAAARRRRRDDDDD!!!" he bellows

OOC Initiative 10 Heroes, 7 Bad guys. 2 Frames. Depends on Anymans reaction to the hit on whether he can teleport the enemy. Frostbite and Sentinel have 2 frames to act as well.

Number One, stood at the back and out of harms way, speculates "Query? If Enemy were captured could it then be used as a power source for Robo Carrier X45119B?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 30 2012, 16:55

Admin wrote:OOC Initiative 10 Heroes, 7 Bad guys. 2 Frames. Depends on Anymans reaction to the hit on whether he can teleport the enemy. Frostbite and Sentinel have 2 frames to act as well.

Number One, stood at the back and out of harms way, speculates "Query? If Enemy were captured could it then be used as a power source for Robo Carrier X45119B?"

OOC: Frostbite will wait till Anyman has acted. If he is teleporting them out of here I am happy to ignore him and walk through toward the console as if he isn't even there.

Frostbite completely ignored the angry Nazi, indifferent to the man. He had witnessed much and he was not about to stoop to battle this man, just to satisfy his ego. As he moved toward the console, he spoke up. "Frostbot have we got them all, any resistance?" Then looking toward the angry spluttering Nazi, he said to his friend, Anyman, "I think its time you stopped toying with them, put them outside somewhere where they won't get into trouble."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 30 2012, 17:34

take the hit, use the Hero Points to get all three to the Sahara Desert.

Then use DPs to heal myself.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu May 31 2012, 07:48

"Blast, playtimes over then!" sentinel quipt making light heart of the current situation. 'He is right though time is always against us'

"Goodbye Nazi goons, dont forget to send us a postcard or a stick of rock" he added taunting the enemy.....he quickly thought of hot head as that sounded like something he would of said

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 31 2012, 15:43

"We do not use people as power sources, Number One. It's not ethical. I'm sending them all to the Sahara Desert and let them fight camels if they want," Anyman says while concentrating on his Dark Powers. "The Nazis never bothered to tell their volunteers for the Ubermensch Program that it was a sucide program. Their powers are killing them. They will last a few weeks or months and then die horribly, perhaps even explode like one of their number did, which resulted in him destroying Berlin. Rather have them out of the way out there than dying "gloriously" for the Third Reich! Fewer innocents will die that way when and IF they explode when they die."

"IF there is Lunarium in their bodies, we can always get it from their remains after they die."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 31 2012, 23:04

Anyman held a hand out towards the remaining Nazis. Before the enemy could say even a word, Anyman summoned the teleportation ability from within and concentrated on using it skilfully enough that there would be no mistakes!

OOC no mention of how many hero points, so I'll assume 3 (?) to make sure the job gets done right. That puts Anyman on 71HP. Ego 12 + Roll 8,5,5,6,5 (10, Double) plus 10,1 (11)=33. Nazis Ego 10 + Roll 4,3 (7)=17 and Ego 12 + Roll 7,5 (12)=24. *pop*

Without further ado the two Nazis vanished and Frostbite became tangible, placing his hand on a console. Frostbot instantly leapt back inside him, reporting 'All ships have been taken under control, and their speeds and course altered to match the Robo Carrier. Co2 levels have been increased and modulated to incapacitate all air breathing occupants. No lasting harm will occur. There are 5 metahumans who might possibly resist the effects based on the level of activity, so I have activated forcefields to incapacitate them. One has demonstrated an ability to destabilise their molecules and the field cannot supply the power required to remodulate and house the metahuman. All others have proven powerful, but unable to breach the fields as yet. Unfortunately providing force fields in this manner is depleting the energy source which restricts airspeed and functionality.' said Frostbot inside Frostbites head.

Sentinel glanced across at the impaled Nazi. The man was slowly leaking out on the floor, tipped at an angle which clearly showed he was dead. He realised then that his ability to control the molecules of metal made him a fearsome foe indeed - especially when his enemies were surrounded in a vehicle that he could, quite literally, command to attack his foes!

==========

Feral turned... she sniffed, then raced across the desert ...

To see her nazi companions who looked about, shocked. Shimmer and Major Panzer could both fly. She could run. Even so... The three of them looked about at the expanse of the desert around them and knew the utter hopelessness of the task they faced.

=========

Back on the ship Anyman healed himself...

OOC Cost 23 dark power, Anymans on 88htk, 110htc with 134 Dark power left for 1 round before the power starts draining away. Teleport has 1 round left too.

Number One, chastised but impassive, speaks "Perhaps a cure can be found to stabilise the condition of those you say are your enemies. What better way to convert them to a state which is more useful to your cause?"

Somewhere on the other three ships were five active nazi metahumans, though four were currently incarcerated. The last was intangible, like Frostbite could become...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 31 2012, 23:17

"Can you show me where they are," Anyman asks. "On the viewer? I will then teleport them as well before my power runs out."

ooc: If they can't then use the DP to give me some sort of enhanced sense to be aware of them and then TP them to the desert. And points into it to make sure it works.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 01 2012, 07:10

Allowing Anyman to do what he does best, with the remaining Dark Power he retained, Frostbite monitored the situation from the console, scanning ahead and signalling for the other ships to dock in the huge robo carrier. NO sense in wasting fuel. That way the ships could divert power to containing the Nazi's that Anyman didn't teleport away. Also repairs could be made.

Frostbite couldn't help smiling the stakes were certainly higher now, Anyman coming back with not one but five V ships, the man was writing his own legend, performing his greatest part ever.

OOC:
Ok Dave suggest you teleport that pesky Intangible guy first if you have to choose, we can contain the others more easily once we stow the ships onboard the Robo carrier. Otherwise I think its full speed ahead, don't you?

Paul just as an aside whats happening to Lionheart - or have I missed a post again? This was what I said last: Lionheart last post

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 03 2012, 00:00

OOC you haven't missed a post on Lionheart - work has been kicking my butt, time wise. It's worse next week ( Sad ) with 5 x 12 hour shifts but on the flipside I finish at 20.00 every day so can update daily. Eyeballs hanging out on springs I expect though...

Anyman requested Frostbite call up a picture of the Nazis in cells. It took but a moment, but imagining the locations of the enemy in his head wasn't so easy, so he took a look at the screen, then called up what he needed...

OOC Grade 3 Life Sense - he knows who and what he's looking for now, even the intangible one, and another 2 grades of teleport means...

*pop*

Frostbite watched all of them on the screen vanish, even the intangible one. It seemed that the Dark power truly had no limits at all. Even if a being were essentially ghostlike, if it was alive, it was subject to Anymans power!

Anymans power. Frostbite was suddenly aware of the loss he, Sentinel and possibly Nowhere Boy had suffered. Not to mention General Wynn and the young eagle headed soldier.

With a sigh he sent out a mental command to the Skrall (now V-Ships) vessels. They fell in line, and 'Number One' spoke up "A landing bay for those vessels has been prepared"

=========

In the large press area, silence reigned...

"Drink Anyone?" said a 'woman' too pretty, too formal and 'too perfect' to be human as she walked about, handing out drinks on a tray. All had been watching the screens and knew what and who they were dealing with right now.

They struggled to find the words or thoughts to describe the power that Anyman, Frostbite and Sentinel wielded. One or two looked at each other in fear. In was clear that if the United States of America waged war on these men...

They would lose.

=========

The Sahara Desert...

The Nazis slumped in dejection. All had appeared within metres of each other - and the point at which all of their other comrades had appeared. They'd fought, been comprehensively beaten and then humbled. All knew, without doubt, that they could've been transported anywhere - to the heart of a Volcano, the depths of the ocean, inside a mountain...

One of the Nazis, a big man, muscled and powerful, sighed. He was proud, and loved his country, even if he didn't follow the way of the Nazis. He would die for his country and his people, and one thing he knew, right now...

"We have lost the war. We cannot beat these men. I say this not because I am a coward" he looked about "I will fight anyone here who says this word to me" and he sighed again. "I say this because it is truth. The world has changed. The rules have changed and the enemies we face... robots, by the thousand, which our soldiers bullets cannot harm? Vast ships in the air which our planes cannot get near? We are superhuman! We are more than men! Our powers make us gods amongst men and yet...?"

Another, a young woman who was slumped on the sand looked up at him, then finished the words "We have been utterly beaten. The enemy controls the robots which conquered our country even as we sought to conquer others. For all we know they control all of the vast ships in the sky. If all of us attacked a single carrier, we might ...*might* bring it down, at great loss to ourselves. Now? We are scattered... beaten..."

The others stood in silence. They wanted to argue, beat sense into the two who had spoken, kill them for being traitors and yet... they felt the same.

The war was, essentially, over.

Little did they know a new one was about to begin...

=========

The Vanguardians looked at the screen/map, and the red dot marking their location...

They'd moved across France and Germany, towards Poland where the location of the camps was known to be. Anyman turned. He, Sentinel and Frostbite were still on the bridge. The place was eerily silent, being completed automated. Number One stood quietly by the door having escorted Larry LaSueur and Alexander Gault MacGowan there are being given the ok from Anyman.

"Sirs...." said LaSueur. "We all seen the power you have. We seen this this here ship that flies in the air, all the metal skinned robots that wander about. We've seen you battle Nazi supermen, and brush them aside. I guess the question we have above all others is, what are your intentions when all this is over? The power you wield... what happens to that? To you? Let's face it, no one could stop you if..."

Number One looked across. "First camp in visual range."

A wall changed into a viewscreen, then zoomed in on the camp. Nazi guards looked up in fear at the distant Robo Carrier. A scan of the camp reveals dozens of P'utinarians in the camp, clearly not human, though wearing human form, rounded up, and ready to be led into a chamber...

"Scan indicates lethal levels of gas will be delivered in that structure" said Number one. "In the next few moments"

OOC It's been a few hours since the Dark power wore off, and you're about five miles away. A V-Ship is faster than the Robo Carrier, but even so, may not be in time to save the P'utinarians being herded into the chamber...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 03 2012, 00:20

"Lionheart? Sir?" shouted a Peeler as he jogged down a corridor...

Lionheart turned. Beth/Sunburst stood next to him, and the pair had been walking through the halls of an old school that had been scheduled to be pulled down. Instead it would form the basis of a new training school. The remnants of the Peelers, those who'd not been injured or killed in the attack on Bletchley park, were clearing the place out and supervising the refitting of the place.

Lionheart was still somewhat unnerved by the enthusiasm and vigour which everyone applied to their tasks, no matter how menial. He didn't feel the same way, and suspected it was because of his strength of will. Beth ... or the thing which used Beths face and form, her mind, her memories, had been quiet for the last day or so since he'd accepted the role of training people.

The Peeler straightened up, adjusting his tie and bowler hat, then made his report. "Local police found... Bedlamm. We've checked, it's him. he was based in a house in Camden, in the basement if you can believe. He's dead...." he added, before Lionheart could ask. "Doctors say some kind of massive haemorrhage. Strange end for a man who would conquer... be King. Good bloody riddance is all I can say!"

Beth watched him go then turned. "Lionheart? Richard? What... what is it?"

Lionheart turned to her, eyes vacant, staring into space... He saw a vision ... the blackness of the void... moving outwards... the planets of the solar system... and the shine of silver as light caught ... a ship... ships... dozens... hundreds...

Heading towards Earth!

He sagged, then refocused and looked at Sunburst. Her face was frightened, shocked and no doubt mirroring his own! "What...?" she asked.

Lionheart had seen something, a vision of things to come.

The end of life on Earth?

OOC How Lionheart proceeds from here is up to him - he's seen a vision of something approaching earth, but how does one deal with the fact that the Earth may be invaded in the next day or two?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next