The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

4 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 7 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 24 2012, 17:46

Number One spoke up "Anyman. You are summoned to London by the hierarchy of DICE. You are to cease all operations and return, now."

"DO not acknowledge," Anyman says. "Poor radio reception. Unable to recieve message. That sort of thing."

Major Hope raised an eyebrow "You still bow to their will, like some whipped dog, when you can eradicate them with a wave of your hand? When they find out the true nature and extent of your power, and what happens when you unleash it, there will be a reckoning, mark my words. Lead on, Anyman."

"Get yourselves cleaned up and into the new uniforms that are being made for you. We still have a lot of death camps to visit and people to free and you will be helping us do that," he replies. "I will need you to broadcast over the radio that all German opposition is to halt, Major, before you clean up. All Death Camp operations are to end and the people left alone. All German supers are now to consider themselves under my command and are to move to the nearest POW or Death Camp and make sure all operations are ceased and that no one else is being killed. Convince them that they do not want to oppose me."

"Number One, we will set up a small base camp here for the Red Cross to use. There may be other folks out there in the woods or hills that need food or medicines. Leave a number of units in human form here to run the place. Build an airstrip here so planes can land with supplies. Lots of tents folks can use for a short time. People will be looking for family members, loved ones, friends, that sort of thing. Set up some kind of list of people and who they are looking for. Use those advanced machines of yours to keep track of those lists so we can reunite loved ones where possible."

"IF this Void person is so dangerous, then I want you to build a small flyer or appropriate one from a nearby airfield. Fly him while unconscious to an unoccupied island, maybe around Greece unless you know of one closer. Not too big but big enough that this powers won't destroy anything close to the island. Leave a unit with him, food, water and shelter. I imagine you have movies of what when on here and what was said. When he wakes up, show them to him and my offer. Let me know if he is in an irrational state after that and let me know his answer. I will deal with him later."

"Find out if any reporters want to remain here. Those that don't, we will be heading for the next Death Camp shortly and they are welcome to join us.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 7 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday...

Post  Admin Mon Jun 25 2012, 23:09

The Nazi stood silent as Anyman gave his orders, but his companions glanced over for confirmation that they were to follow them. After a pause, he shrugged "So be it. All will be as you say. However, there are a number of 'German Supers' or Ubermensch, that will not surrender. In the interests of the German people, I believe we need to end this war. Der Fuhrer seems no longer to be in charge, and ordinary men, women and children starve in our cities, hiding in fear of the attack from the sky."

He looked up at the Robo Carrier.

Number One took on board the orders of Anyman and there was a flurry of activity coming from the Robo Carrier as metal spheres poured out, some flying, others bouncing on the ground and rolling into place. The rescued prisoners shied back in fear, but the spheres unfurled into temporary accommodation - metal huts with lighting and heat, as well as the means to warm food and provide some form of protection for a family of four. After the realisation that the spheres were not hostile, the people moved forwards, selecting dwellings and breathing sighs of relief that the huts, though basic, were a place to live rather than a prison!

Larger spheres soared downwards, and these transformed into sections of a larger whole, an excavation machine that took a number of minutes to fully assemble, but which soon started to clear and flatten the area for a runway, with neither trees, rock or soil presenting an obstacle to it!

Humanoid robots, complete with human looking skin, formed up in Anymans uniform of choice, and started to catalogue the names and details of the prisoners.

Even the Nazi was impressed. "I don't know how you have done this, but I am reminded that there are powers beyond my comprehension at work."

"COWARD!" screamed Lady Psyche, slapping Major Hope across the face "You have abandoned your orders and your country to serve this man!"

The larger man glowered, showing some restraint, then hissed "Look around you. Were you there when one of these vessels appeared over Munich? I was. I remember battling these robots, dozens of them. It was like trying to hold back the sea with a bucket! For every robot I smashed, six took their place! Never have I run from a battle until then. That is why we joined with those Shadows - I will die for my country and my people, but not needlessly! If you wish to fight..." he stood back, waving her towards Anyman "I will take no pleasure in your death! This man is my enemy, but to save the lives of the German people, I will do as he bids, including transmit to our forces" he said, biting back the last words. He was a proud man, and a patriot. It tore him up inside to serve Anyman, but he knew when to fight, when to retreat, and when to acknowledge that the war he'd supported was very much over.

Europe was shattered. Only Britain remained unscathed. Indeed, Britain stood out thanks to the industrial and technological revolution started only a day or so ago by Frostbite and the Dark power!

=========

Major Hope looked at the microphone and said nothing for a moment.

He'd delivered his speech, stating to the German people that the war was over, they'd lost, and that all superhumans were to register and become part of a greater effort to restore peace and rebuild. In truth, neither he nor Anyman stood beside him on the bridge of a V-Ship that had landed where the broadcast had been made from knew how many people had heard the broadcast. When the Robo Carriers had arrived, they'd had hours to smash the armies of all the countries they invaded, and people were still coming out of hiding, waiting for news.

One reply, crackling but clear in its intent, came over the wireless.

Japan would fight on.

The Italians would give their answer in 24 hours. There was no word from German high command. Either it was scattered or shocked that its highest ranking superhuman had delivered the message.

Tentative word came through from other countries as the day wore on. Anyman kept a close eye on the Nazis, but was pleased with the progress the Robots had made on the camp. Even as he looked on, there were neat lines of huts, the huge excavating machine slowly tarmacking the runway, flatter and more level than any man made effort could manage, and facilities such as food supply and medical care were already set up and in use.

Anyman looked at the map, and found his next destinations. Several death camps remained, and there'd been no word from them. That said, the Robots weren't finished here, and would probably be another 12-24 hours in setting this place up. Would he go with the Robo Carrier or the V-Ship parked up on the grass? And would he take his new team of nazis? Void was still unconscious, and had been taken, as specified, to a remote Greek island with supplies and the message. When he'd fallen unconscious, he'd been part of an effort by the Nazi superhumans to turn their fortunes around.

Now?

He was given a simple choice - fall in line or be regarded as an enemy!

Number One stepped up "Word from the Russians. They intend to consolidate their holdings in Poland and have made it clear they wish to expand into a number of states, to bring them under the protection of 'Mother Russia'. Your response?"

Anyman looked at the other communiques he'd had from London. They'd changed from requests, to orders, to the last one being a threat of court martial unless he returned. With everything else going on, and a fragile peace in Central Europe, the last thing he needed was to be placed under house arrest - as if any prison could hold him!

"France has reformed an emergency government, and plans to gather its forces to retaliate against the Germans" said Number one. "The Poles want to know what will be done about the Russians. Austria demands that the correct procedures be in place before any dialogue is maintained. Spain has declared neutrality but does not recognise the authority of the British to act as judge, jury and executioner, with regards to the Robo Carriers. They are gathering an appropriate response. Other countries responses are coming in. London has announced a gathering of World leaders will take place in London. The Americans are unhappy."

And on it went. Major Hope laughed. "You renamed me Hope! Ha! No hope is what you should have of a lasting peace! I told you, they will not stand for anyone, any man" he said with emphasis "having power over them!"

OOC Anyman has his hands full in that whatever he undertakes will cost time and effort, so he's on a slightly different timeline than the others, but we'll tie all that up shortly Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 26 2012, 12:02

Anyman looked at the map, and found his next destinations. Several death camps remained, and there'd been no word from them. That said, the Robots weren't finished here, and would probably be another 12-24 hours in setting this place up. Would he go with the Robo Carrier or the V-Ship parked up on the grass? And would he take his new team of nazis? Void was still unconscious, and had been taken, as specified, to a remote Greek island with supplies and the message. When he'd fallen unconscious, he'd been part of an effort by the Nazi superhumans to turn their fortunes around.

ooc: Didn't the V-Ship go into space with all the others when we split up? So I think we only have the Robo-Carrier with us.

Head for the next Death Camp, only had planned to stay where we were for an hour or so, long enough for the others to change and get their wounds taken care of, get the radio broadcast off and have some of the robots start the camp. IF it is more than a few minutes journey to the next one, then he will head for the sickbay and start healing some of his damage.

Had Japan gotten into the war? Or is it only in China and fightint there, not yet an enemy of Britain?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 27 2012, 11:22

OOC Consider it a Robo Carrier version of the V-Ship - they can reconfigure themselves into various useful vehicles and fighting machines in order to ferry refugees to the Robo Carrier. Because it's smaller, it is faster than the Robo Carrier because of far faster acceleration, though the Robo Carrier can hit a couple of thousand miles per hour after gradual acceleration. It's an option for you to use, rather than being stuck on the lumbering carrier. With a thousand prisoners or more to take care of, it's not an instant fix to sort them out, and your robots are taking care of them as best they can. Anyman can use the time to get to sickbay and start on his recovery. Japan is fighting against China, but has been the recipient of aid from the Axis and is determined to see its part of the bargain through, so will fight on.

A machine lowered from the ceiling to hover over Anyman. He was lying on a bed in sickbay, his skin morphed to its natural state whilst the machines scanned and did their work. A doctor droid took a flat square panel from Anyman as he read the details of the prisoners injuries and the locations of the next camps. The Robots were keeping a close eye on the Nazis, and had issued them with 'communication watches' that also acted as tracking devices. He could see their current location on the panel the Doctor had removed from him. overlaid against a map.

A screen winked on in sickbay. Number one spoke. "As per your instructions, we will leave a detachment of Robots here to service the needs of the freed prisoners and ensure their safety. We have two possible locations next - Treblinka, where a number of other camps are within a short distance, or Auschwitz, which is near the Polish town of Oshwiecim in Galacia. There are reports of a German armoured division massing near that town. It is impossible to predict what the actions of the German armed forces will be, as many have not received the transmission. The former Nazi designated Major Hope has stated that there is a small superhuman training facility near Auschwitz. It was established to provide living targets for their unique talents..."

Another Robot interrupted, flicking up on screen. Despite the skin covered metal it was clear 'she' would never pass as human. "A number of reporters wish to send transmissions back to the United States. The 'Red Cross' has set up in the temporary accommodation to a satisfactory standard, but the truck we know to contain explosives is still in the hold. It is contained by a force field, and poses no danger. The Reporter, LeSeur wishes to be transported back to an Allied country immediately, and a number of other transmissions from London have been received, each more insistent than the last."

The Doctor stated "You must relax. Your irradiated cells are resisting conventional treatment but with time they can be treated, but only if they are not agitated" it stated bluntly.

OOC couple of possible locations - to one where a number of other camps are close by, or another where the Germans are massing a force and there is a detachment of superhumans nearby...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:12

Let's do Treblinka first. Give me a shot at letting the new recruits feel at least some remorse before we face their comrades and I have to use the Dark Powers again and hope I don't go out of control - again. Very Happy

"Let the reporters send their transmissions," Anyman replies as he lies there. "We will probably use the truck of explosives on the camp of the Nazi supers if they don't choose to join us."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 30 2012, 18:05

Satisfied that things were being handled, Anyman lay back, trying not to think about what the Dark power - what he'd done.

The Nazis were evil. Stopping this war had saved millions of lives, he was sure of it.

The Dark Power had snuffed billions of lives out...

The 'Robo-Doc' patiently asked him to stop squirming, and he watched a light blink on a nearby panel to show they were underway again. They'd be at Treblinka within the hour.

Somewhere inside, the Dark power rested, Sated as never before. The terror, just before oblivion struck, had been staggering to behold and feed from. Unfortunately, it couldn't last - the moments before the aliens had realised their doom was upon them when their sun turned black had provided enough sustenance for... he didn't know. Never before had he fed so!

Having fed from it though, the Dark Power knew that all other feasts would seem as mere snacks.

It wanted more...

=========

Anyman woke and started as he saw Number One stood over him.

"The transmissions have been sent by the reporters. A number were ... uncomplimentary about you and the power you wield. Some ask about the wisdom of replacing one tyrant with another. Those reports were withheld pending your awakening." said Number One, who turned to the Robo-Doc. The other robot bowed in deference to the commanding robot, and Number One turned "We are within sight of Treblinka. Gunshots have been picked up. Your actions?"

Anyman eased himself up, his body healed, though his psyche might remain forever scarred!

Anyman
110 htc (see below)
88 htk (see below)
66 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 9/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Growth 0

"There is something else. The radarnet that was formed when your team mate, Frostbite commanded the other Robo-Carriers to form a defensive ring around the Earth was breached in an alien attack, but Theta9Zulusevensevenfoursix has reported contact with an unknown object or objects in space, heading directly towards this Planet at faster than light speed. They only picked it up when their signal was jammed and deflected by the now defeated alien fleet and pinged from this solar systems star. It was fragmented, but the computers were able to clean it up and confirm the presence of the unidentified flying object. Size, specifications, mass, unknown. Purpose - unknown. Your actions?"

Anyman had the problems of what was happening at Treblinka - were the Nazis systematically snuffing the lives of all prisoners before evacuating? And what was this thing from space...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 30 2012, 18:06

OOC note - technically Anyman is in front of Frostbite, Lionheart and Sentinel by a couple of hours. They will resolve their current threads before dipping back into this one...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 02 2012, 15:21

"The transmissions have been sent by the reporters. A number were ... uncomplimentary about you and the power you wield. Some ask about the wisdom of replacing one tyrant with another. Those reports were withheld pending your awakening." said Number One, who turned to the Robo-Doc. The other robot bowed in deference to the commanding robot, and Number One turned "We are within sight of Treblinka. Gunshots have been picked up. Your actions?"

"Release all transmissions, even the bad ones," Anyman orders. "That's why I brought these folks, for them to report what they see and feel. If I wanted a propaganda piece, we could have done that ourselves and made me look like the savior of the universe. [ooc: FLASH! Ah-AW! Savior of the Universe! He will save us all!] And let them know I gave permission for those transmissions and why."

He pauses for a second.

"Did they see the shadow demons bowing down to me back there," he asks. "Or was I the only one who saw them? If they did, then let them and the Legion know that the shadow demons feed off strong emotions, negative emotions - like fear and hatred. Not only feed off of them but influence people to have those emotions. That they inhabit humans and have done so with people in their governments. So the more fear and hatred that they can release on Earth, the better they can feed. And that those demons are influencing the reporters themselves. Let them be aware of that as they write and report what is happening around them."

"The gunsfire needs to be stopped quickly. Summon the Legion. Have them report to the Bridge. I will lead them out. They all have their new uniforms, correct?"

There is something else. The radarnet that was formed when your team mate, Frostbite commanded the other Robo-Carriers to form a defensive ring around the Earth was breached in an alien attack, but Theta9Zulusevensevenfoursix has reported contact with an unknown object or objects in space, heading directly towards this Planet at faster than light speed. They only picked it up when their signal was jammed and deflected by the now defeated alien fleet and pinged from this solar systems star. It was fragmented, but the computers were able to clean it up and confirm the presence of the unidentified flying object. Size, specifications, mass, unknown. Purpose - unknown. Your actions?"

Anyman had the problems of what was happening at Treblinka - were the Nazis systematically snuffing the lives of all prisoners before evacuating? And what was this thing from space...?

"Make sure the others in space know of this and we will have to hope that they can handle it. Also ask them about the possibility of taking over the Nazi base on the Moon and using it as a base for our Legion. Or some similar place. Gets all these ships off of Earth and out of sight and gives us an operating area off Earth to handle space menaces."

actions: Get to the Bridge. Have the Legion and I land and stop the shooting, preferably without killing anyone.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 02 2012, 23:16

Anyman strode into action, barking his orders out to Number one who followed dutifully, through the corridor. He didn't pause in his stride as the corridors morphed, shifted and flowed to allow him a straight walking route to the bridge without having to waste time going around corners!

"The 'Legion' has been attired as to your specifications. Several made their objections known, which were duly ignored. You... those humans consider their apparel as a sort of badge of office, a form of..."

Number One stopped.

Anyman walked a few more steps before the lights flickered on the Robo Carrier, then went out...

The ship shuddered, and his stomach went light as the engines cut! He held onto a wall, and heard distant screams as the civilians on board felt their end was to come shortly!

Suddenly everything winked back into life, and the lights came back on.

Number One jerked her head up, even as the deck levelled and the environmental controls kicked in.

"Report!" barked Anyman.

The Robot tipped her head to one side. "Electromagnetic activity on a scale that would not normally be possible. Theory: Sunspot activity, but scans indicate that no such phenomena is due to occur for some time. Question: What if some otherworldly power were able to manipulate the surface of the sun, so that the electromagnetic radiation was able to build up and strike the planet in an all powerful wave?"

The pair continued onto the large bridge. Across from the door he entered from, another was full of shouting, frightened reporters who were respectfully but firmly restrained by two robots. All were demanding to know what was going on, were they prisoners, and had the ship suffered some kind of malfunction? If so, they wanted off!

Anyman walked onto the main area of the bridge, about to give his answer, when he looked about.

In this time period, technology had not advanced to the point where Electromagnetic interference would affect daily life. Unless, that is, one counted the Skrall technology in use by the Nazis and...

He looked about.

The Robo Carrier Anyman used and those others in orbit which obeyed Frostbite.

He came to one inescapable conclusion - Planet Earth was under attack, and this was a 'teaser'!

Major Hope strode onto the bridge, cursing at the chafing of his new uniform. "Ze others are on zere vay. Vot heppened to your ship Anyman? Did the batteries go flat?"

He turned, as Anyman did and the others on the bridge, to a viewscreen where the detention camp was in the centre of the screen. It zoomed in, and the sight was shocking! German soldiers had lined prisoners up in rows - Prisoners who'd been forced to dig trenches then stand on the mound that had been dug, before a machine gun emplacement scythed them down! The row behind would then cover them with lime and shovel the mound of Earth over, before they then took their own places atop the mounds they'd dug in the next row!

Even Major Hope was taken aback. "Herr Hitlers orders were... specific." he grunted, glancing out the corner of his eye at Anyman. "And ze cheapest, most efficient methods were also ze fastest."

They had only seconds to act before the next row of prisoners would be gunned down!

Number One looked over from a console. "Scans shows non human lifesigns amongst the prisoners." she advised.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 04 2012, 01:00

He came to one inescapable conclusion - Planet Earth was under attack, and this was a 'teaser'!

Major Hope strode onto the bridge, cursing at the chafing of his new uniform. "Ze others are on zere vay. Vot heppened to your ship Anyman? Did the batteries go flat?"

He turned, as Anyman did and the others on the bridge, to a viewscreen where the detention camp was in the centre of the screen. It zoomed in, and the sight was shocking! German soldiers had lined prisoners up in rows - Prisoners who'd been forced to dig trenches then stand on the mound that had been dug, before a machine gun emplacement scythed them down! The row behind would then cover them with lime and shovel the mound of Earth over, before they then took their own places atop the mounds they'd dug in the next row!

Even Major Hope was taken aback. "Herr Hitlers orders were... specific." he grunted, glancing out the corner of his eye at Anyman. "And ze cheapest, most efficient methods were also ze fastest."

"We will just have to hope the others can handle what's going on in space without us for now," Anyman said, referring to the attack from the sun. "If they need us, they can call. Somebody is messing around with the sun, Major Hope. Someone we are going to have to face .... soon."

They had only seconds to act before the next row of prisoners would be gunned down!

Number One looked over from a console. "Scans shows non human lifesigns amongst the prisoners." she advised.

"We need to get down there as fast as possible," he snapped. "IF they haven't stopped shooting after seeing our ship, then they won't stop from a command from us. Major, you and your crew try to stop the killings. Preferably without killing anyone in the process but if you have no choice but to kill the guards to save the prisoners, then do so. I'm going to shield those people about to be shot."

actions: Get down there and stretch myself into a shield in front of the prisoners to absorb the attacks. Wasnt there also a guy who stretched and was relatively invulnerable in Major Nazi's team? Still alive or died? If alive, then he can help me shield the prisoners.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:11

OOC Looks like I confused myself in a couple of posts on the last page, but that's not surprising with my spotty posting rate lately. The Nazis in your Legion are: Major Hope (previously Major Nazi. Powers Strength, Toughness, Flight, Energy beams from eyes), Bouncing Bomb (Stretching, tough skin, strength, jumping/bouncing attack), Lightning Strike (Energy attack - Electricity and immunity. Previously thought to have been absorbed by Void, found unconscious a short distance away), Mind Queen (PSI powers including Mind reading, psi blast, psi shield, telempathy, precognition and telekinesis, all at fairly low levels) and Void (currently unconscious on a greek island. Has a clumsy but effective power to turn himself into a miniature black hole. Sometimes he spits stuff out, other times its seemingly lost forever. His power has few limits, but is nigh impossible to control making him as much a liability as an asset)

Major Hope bit back a reply then nodded. "It is time for the war to end." he stated, simply. He turned, towering over all but Bouncing Bomb, and ordered them to a loading bay where a robotic 'skiff' would take them down to the camp.

=========

Anyman rode ahead on a small personal flying sled, converted from a robot only moments before

As he did so, he heard shouts and saw the Nazis on the ground, previously astonished by the huge Robo Carrier approaching now seeing the glint of metal from the flying sled. Whilst they weren't the brightest sparks, they were brave - or foolish - and opened fire with their machine guns! A hail of bullets flashed past Anyman, some pinging into and off the rocket sled, and he swooped down between the camp buildings to leap off and stretch, forming himself into a dome!

Bullets pinged from his tough hide, feeling rather like having a tennis ball repeatedly thrown at you - they stung, but wouldn't hurt him too much unless striking in a sensitive spot!

"HALT!" shouted Major Hope as the Skiff soared down, the reluctant Nazi supers leaping off. Anyman formed a couple of eyestalks and watched proceedings as the Nazis barked out orders to the gathered troops. Whilst they did that, and the officers conferred, Anyman looked around the camp. There were dozens of dead prisoners, humans and P'utinarians. Many more were still alive, but badly malnourished and in many cases, injured to the point of requiring urgent medical treatment.

The Commandant strode up, luge in hand. He looked at Major Hope, Lightning Strike and Bouncing Bomb, then at Mind Queen.

Then he gaped as he saw the dome form into the shape - unmistakeable to all Nazis - of Anyman!

"Nein..." he gasped, stumbling back, raising his gun with a shaky hand. "You... you are ze Anyman! Kill! Kill him!"

The mere mention of the name had Nazi soldiers dropping weapons to the ground and backing off in fear, hands raised in surrender. Major Hope said nothing, but bit back his distaste as he turned away.

Mind Queen came up to Anyman and spoke with a cold tone "The soldiers should be treated fairly, as befits prisoners of war. They were acting on orders. What do you wish done with this human..." she looked about at the prisoners "vermin?"

=========

It sped through space faster than light, moving through the void with a singular purpose

The planetary system had 7 major planets orbiting a single yellow sun. It noted that the sun had recently been manipulated to generate a cool area on its surface, flooding the solar system with electromagnetic interference. With this in mind it shifted its atomic structure, then continued on its way. It detected spacial activity, and noted the existence of a recently destroyed space fleet. The remnants were in orbit around the third planet, its destination.

The energy signature of the beam that had sped out across the universe was unmistakeable, and it paused to sample the residue, stretching out with its mass to taste, analyse and formulate a plan of action. That took time, but time was on its side. Indeed, time was simply a tool to be manipulated, though often at great cost in terms of power and resources. That done, it turned to the dot in the void, speeding towards it in the blink of an eye!

When it got closer, it slowed, then started to analyse...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 11 2012, 13:50

The mere mention of the name had Nazi soldiers dropping weapons to the ground and backing off in fear, hands raised in surrender. Major Hope said nothing, but bit back his distaste as he turned away.

Mind Queen came up to Anyman and spoke with a cold tone "The soldiers should be treated fairly, as befits prisoners of war. They were acting on orders. What do you wish done with this human..." she looked about at the prisoners "vermin?"

Anyman looks over at Mind Queen for a bit.

"The only reason I haven't killed you, Mind Queen, is that you fought in a uniform, making you a soldier. Otherwise, I would have dealt with you as a spy or sabotuer. These men will also be treated as Prisoners of War. War Crimes will be charged against any that Britain feels it needs to charge. As they may or may not be charged against you once we are done here and return to England, if we ever do."

He activates his radio.

"Number One, bring the survivors on board, see to their needs - food, medicines, housing. Record their stories, especially stories against any guards who were unusually cruel to them, once they are ready to talk. Make sure the reporters have access to them and hear those stories. Probably best to put them in a room next to the interview room with a one-way mirror or something like that. Don't need reporters shouting questions at them while they are trying to get out their information."

"Afterwards, reporters may request to speak to any of the camp survivors, and if the survivor agress, you can set up a private room for them to talk. If they want to walk around the camp and record pictures of the place, let them with a protective robot guard with them."

"Also send robots through the camp and round up any and all records you can find. We will need them for getting these folks home and for any war crimes that may be leveled against any guards. Also detail some robot guards to stay here. We will make this a POW camp for German guards and soldiers. The former guards will now live in this place until Britain can process them and send those home that should be sent home. Radio England and let them know so that they can send troops here to take charge when they can."

He turns away and starts to walk, then stops. He turns back to Mind Queen.

"One last thing Mind Queen, if you ever call another human "vermin" because of their race again," he says in a cold cold voice, all three minds talking through his vocal cords at once, "I will use my Dark Powers to utterly alter YOUR mind so that you will always love all races of peoples equally and will die, if neccessary, to protect anyone of any race, if they need that protection, and that you will be utterly devoted to me and my goals! And I will make it so that you will totally think that it was YOUR idea and beliefs that changed that way naturally, not that I did it to you, and you won't believe anyone who tells you differently."

"Do we understand each other?"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 11 2012, 23:55

Mind Queen is haughty until she reaches out with a mental probe, seeking to find some weakness in Anyman. She gasps, and falls back, hand to mouth, aghast at the glimpse of power she saw, and the impenetrable rage! She stared in horror at Anyman, then nodded, numb. Without a word she set to putting his orders into action, and went further. She scanned the minds of the soldiers taken prisoner. They were confused to see their former heroes now working against them, and tempers flared, quickly damped by the former Nazis threats!

Mind Queen returned after some minutes. "There." she said quietly. "Those men..." she pointed to a group of around 30 soldiers, mostly officers and some rank and file guards. "All have committed murder, or worse... I... I saw in their minds the crimes they..." she bit her lip, then turned away, walking to stand alone.

Major Hope strode up, watching them go. "They were soldiers, acting on orders from above." he growled, but he sounded less than convincing. "In times of war, such things are to be expected. We..."

Number One strode up "Sensors indicate a projectile approaching Earth at high, near light speed. Trajectory projections show it will land..." the robot turned and pointed to a spot 3m from where Anyman stood. "There."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 12 2012, 02:53

Anyman growls something unmentionable. "How soon," he asks, plans forming in his head.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 12 2012, 23:19

Number One seems to stare straight ahead for a moment, then turns. "In the next few minutes. It has altered its speed. Too fast to accurately measure or determine the nature of the object, though the best 'guess' I can provide is that the projectile is sentient."

Major Hope turned to Anyman "Your robot says this area is about to become the landing spot for something from space?"

Anyman looked about as the robots - transformed into human form - guided the former prisoners from cells to an area where they could be transported to the Robo Carrier, looming larger in the sky and soon to be hovering overhead. The captured Nazi soldiers looked on in fear at the approaching vessel.

Anyman looked beyond it though. He felt uneasy. Something big this way comes. Was this it?

OOC Want to prepare in any way for what's coming, or wait and see what turns up, all the while loading up the former prisoners for transportation away?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 13 2012, 00:24

Major Hope turned to Anyman "Your robot says this area is about to become the landing spot for something from space?"

"Yeah, space," Anyman says somewhat disgustedly. "Better get used to it. It is mostly Humans vs the Rest of the Galaxy. The P'utarnarians are about the only friends we have in space. That's why it is stupid to look at other humans as lesser beings just because of the color of the skin or their religion."
Anyman looked about as the robots - transformed into human form - guided the former prisoners from cells to an area where they could be transported to the Robo Carrier, looming larger in the sky and soon to be hovering overhead. The captured Nazi soldiers looked on in fear at the approaching vessel.

Anyman looked beyond it though. He felt uneasy. Something big this way comes. Was this it?

"In case it strkes the ground, we need to get everyone under some kind of cover," Anyman decides. "Though if it hits at the speed that meteor did in Russia back at the turn of the century, everyone is going to be dead. Move the ship over everyone. Put all power you can spare to its upper shields. Get everyone on board as fast as you can, former prisoners first. Doubt we will have time to move them all but do what you can to save them."

"Major Hope! Everyone here that can use their powers to try to build some sort of earth berm around the folks down here, to help protect against any kind of blast on the ground."

With that, Anyman moves away a bit and shapes himself into the equivalent of a snow blower, except for earth, and he chews up the ground with his digger hands, conveys it up his converyor arms and shoves it to one side, creating both a wall of earth and a ditch people can dive into at the same time. He knows he can't make it big enough to protect everyone but he is going to do the best he can in the time remaining.
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 7 Jd_44810

[don't know if you can see this image or not but it sort of like that he is trying to do without the tractor and not blowing it so far into the air but compacting it down]
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 15 2012, 03:13

OOC Heh, I did wonder when I saw the post about the tractor in the snow and what it was doing there... Also, I'm currently in the back end of beyond, hoping my flakey internet signal holds out (02.54am, sat on a ballast train) so if my answer seems rushed or makes little sense, I apologise... Plus there's a dirty great (1 mile long) ballast cleaning train pulling alongside me and doing its best to rattle my teeth out :S

Preparations were made. The former Nazis herded the people into groups to be transported aboard the huge vessel, barking orders when the terrified former prisoners wouldn't respond. The shadow of the vast ship blocked out the sun casting the camp into near darkness as Anyman and the others, including robots from the ship, excavated a spot where they might shelter from the approaching projectile.

Then all they could do was wait. They didn't have to wait long...

"The other robo carriers have reported a high speed projectile heading towards this location. They confirm it is organic, but not strictly carbon based. Alien, then." said Number One. "it should be here any..."

BANG!!!

Anyman looked up as the vast ship shuddered, rocking in the air before a bolt of light punched through the bottom and

KRRRRUMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

The shockwave rippled outwards, shattering the prison camp into rubble which flew high into the air! Behind their barricade, those who took shelter reeled, tumbling down the slope and were thankful for soft earth to crash into, even as soil and rock rain from above! Steam rose in a thick cloud from the new crater, and a thick, cloying burning smell filled the senses.

Anyman was the first to stagger to his feet, dusting himself down and straightening his hat as he strode to the lip of the crater and looked in.

The steam cleared enough for a figure to be made out, the glow on its skin dying down, though the heat at the bottom of the 30m deep crater was still searing, the rock fused together, the silicates in the soiled bonded to make it near diamond hard!
World War II - The Vanguard Issue #10 The day after doomsday... - Page 7 Imperator1

Wearing a tattered costume, furious look on his face, the alien known as IMPERATOR rose, turning to rest his gaze on Anyman! "YOU!" he bellowed, his voice ringing out and causing those near to cover their ears. "MURDERER! NOW, YOU DIE!"

OOC 1d10=5 Heroes, 1d10=7 Imperator. He has 1 frame, which he holds, and you have your four frames. The former Nazis are with you, as are a dozen Robots though they are configured for excavation, not combat, and will need a full round to change shape. Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jul 15 2012, 17:25

"Get everyone out of here," Anyman yells to Number One and Major Hope. "Without your dark powers, you will be as children against him. Get everyone as far away as possible from here. I may have to use my Dark Powers to stop him and if I lose control ...."

He turns to the Imperator.

"I'm no murderer, Imperator, but a soldier" Anyman yells down to the alien-made pit. "Your Interstellar Nation went to war against the Earth without bothering to declare war properly. You attacked us and tried to take what is OURS AND TO KILL US WHILE YOU STOLE IT! I warned your people I would destroy your entire Star Nation if you did that. You ignored that warning and attacked anyway. I WAS MERCIFUL!!!! I ONLY DESTROYED ONE SOLAR SYSTEM INSTEAD OF IT ALL AS ORIGINALLY PROMISED!!!!"

"Do you attack me now for personal revenge or has the remainder of your Interstellar Nation ordered you here to attack? THAT ANSWER DETERMINES IF I DESTROY ALL OF YOUR NATION AND ITS PEOPLES OR NOT!!!"

ooc: Actually would like to talk my way out of this. Maybe the promise [note: promise, not threat] of destroying the rest of his interstellar empire because of what he is about to do will make him stop. Soldiers at war doing their duty kind of thing.
Pulling on the Dark Powers. Small amount at first, about 8 points. Put it into armor or tough skin, whichever one gives me the ability to negate armor piercing/damage divider attacks and putting levels into doing that after the first level. If needed, putting in hero/effort points to not lose control.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 15 2012, 22:33

Anyman
110 htc (see below)
88 htk (see below)
62 Hero Points, 10 Fate points (amended from below)
Dark Power XP 10/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Growth 1
Dark power points 195

OOC Anyman calls on 8 points of Dark Power, using hero points if required. Ego 12 + Roll 2d10=7 (roll of 4,3, giving 19 total for Anyman), 2d10=12 + 8 Dark Power (20 total). Hero points (4 used, for an extra two dice) giving 4,3. Picking the 4 gives a double. An extra 2D10 gives (10,6) and the test is passed. 8D10 gives [10,7,3,9,9,10,7,1] = (56) plus 9 from the extra die. 65 * 3 = 195 Dark Power points to spend. With regards your options, Intangibility Grade 2 (cost 35) or Vigour (extra grades +15 each). Perhaps a force field (20 for grade 1, 15 per extra grade) or extra grades of tough skin (+15 per grade).

If you use 2 frames to call on a power (let me know which), you have 2 frames remaining - attack Imperator or hold them and see his response to your words?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jul 15 2012, 23:32

ooc: Let's split the points between Vigour and Tough Skin since I already have a grade of each. Hold the remaining two frames to see if I can get him to talk instead of attacking.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 18 2012, 22:34

OOC that's a lotta points (6 grades on each). You max out Tough Skin at grade 4... normally. This, however, is the dark power. Dividers 10/10, can't dodge, more or less immune to anything that cannot reduce dividers or is not regarded as a superhuman power, like Super Strength. As for vigour, add 72 points, +432 htc and htk.

Anyman controlled the Dark Power from within, toughening up his body to withstand the harshest of punishments, even from a cosmic level entity such as Imperator!

The alien stood, listening to Anymans words. "You dare attempt to justify the death of BILLIONS? You are as great a menace to peace in the cosmos as any I have ever... heard...of..." he said. Then his eyes widened.

'The Alien is scanning your DNA at the subatomic level. Its powers cannot affect you, and even if by some miracle, it could?' rasped the Dark Power within Anymans head. 'Summon up more miracles to utterly crush the Alien.'

Imperator glanced around, up at the Robo Carrier, then across at the former Nazis. Major Hope stood, bellowing "What are you waiting for Anyman? Kill the invader!"

Imperator chuckled, a humourless laugh and shook his head. Then he instantly spun up at superhuman speed that even Lionheart would blink in astonishment at!

In the blink of an eye a dust geyser had sprung up, and where Imperator had been stood, there was a neat, round hole in the floor... going down, down, down....

That's when the rumbling started, deep within the earth... and the ground began to shake!

OOC Something is happening.... Something big... something bad... You have 2 frames
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 19 2012, 02:01

"Aw Carp! He's drilling down through the Earth. The least is a massive Volcano. The worst, he will blow up the planet," Anyman yells. "Get everyone out of here, Number One, Major Hope!"

ooc: gonna sleep on it to decide how to stop him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 19 2012, 23:38

"Aw Carp! He's drilling down through the Earth. The least is a massive Volcano. The worst, he will blow up the planet," Anyman yells. "Get everyone out of here, Number One, Major Hope!"

ooc: Okay, here's my brilliant plan, mi'lord! Another 8 Dark Points, again using Fate or Hero points if needed to not go kablooey! Going for Life Sense - 'the Imperator only' [ought to reduce the cost a bit], and Teleportation and Ego to fight against him resisting the teleportation.

That will take my two frames. Plan is sense the guy, teleport the guy back to me and hit the guy. As Often as I need to.

I just read the the surface of the Earth is about 12 miles thick on land and then you hit the magma level of however many hundreds of miles thick that is. So that would probably need to be the range of my Life Sense and Teleportation 12-15 miles, straight down. If any points are left over with that range qualifier, then put them into Ego to make him come to me and then into Strength for what is left.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 20 2012, 00:58

Anyman
110 htc (+432)
88 htk (+432)
62 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 10/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Growth 1
Dark power points 5
Armour (Tough Skin) +6 Gr (10fr)
Vigour +6Gr (10fr)

OOC Yup, you're on the money. Bear in mind you are facing an opponent who in game terms would be Superman, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Thor... that sort of level. Imperator is the champion of Billions of Aliens across a world spanning empire, a virtual unstoppable army, all on his own, and the ultimate solution for an empire that, despite its size, was dwarfed by other interstellar races. That means think about the limits he might have, and chuck 'em out the window. With the Dark power, you do the same, but there's always that double edged sword that Anyman knows about all too well...

Right, using Hero Points if required, Anyman [1,10,12] = (23) vs Dark Power [9,6,9] = (24). Test failure! 2 hero points for an extra die... 1d10 → [7] = (7) swaps for the 1. Test passed. 8 Dark Power points gives [4,5,4,2,9,9,3,5] = (41) * 3= 123 points.

Life Sense Grade 3 (50 points), Teleportation grade 4 (65 points), remainder of points on Ego (13 points, giving 25 Ego).

Before Imperator can burrow his way through to the core of Planet Earth, Anyman desperately tries to summon up the power to pluck him out, and deposit him in swinging range!

OOC Ego 25 (Anyman) + Roll [5,7] = (12) vs Ego 20 (Imperator) + Roll [7,2] = (9). Test passed.

With a flash Imperator appeared, whipping up a frenzy of soil and air as he created an instant, searing hot tornado across the ground! He steadied himself, instantly on his feet and took in his bearings in a moment. He stares at Anyman and his lip curls up.

Major Hope bellowed "Anyman! We will combine our forces, kill the Alien!" from where he hovered in the air having hesitated before he flew up.

OOC Initiative... 1d10=9 Anyman and Co., 1d10=2 Imperator. 4 frames.

Anyman
110 htc (+432)
88 htk (+432)
60 Hero Points, 10 Fate points
Dark Power XP 11/20 (level 3)
Dark Power Growth 2
Dark power points 0
Armour (Tough Skin) +6 Gr (10fr)
(Dividers 10/10)
Vigour +6Gr (10fr)
Life Sense 3Gr (10fr)
Teleport 4 Gr (10fr)

Anyman looked about. Number One had started towards the skiff to get back to the Robo Carrier, but the former Nazis had barely moved, and intended to attack the alien!

OOC This... is going to get nasty. 4 frames.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:11

Anyman looked about. Number One had started towards the skiff to get back to the Robo Carrier, but the former Nazis had barely moved, and intended to attack the alien!

OOC This... is going to get nasty. 4 frames..

Anyman reluctantly nods, allowing his Nazi allies a chance to attack Imperator. He believes that they can do little more than irratate the alien but decides to let them find that out for themselves, those that survive.

actions: Dark Power one last time. 5 points, using Hero/Effort points not to fail, if needed. All points going into strength. Then hit him. So the Nazi supers should hit him first while I power up one more time.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next