The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 8 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05 2012, 21:57

Jade Hood dragged Chayne from the cage, trying his best to avoid unsettling the other prisoners in the cage. The man wasn't sure what was going on, so struggled somewhat feebly though there was little strength in his limbs. Settling him against the wall, in shadow, he turned and contemplated sneaking up on the guard to deliver a knock out blow.

OOC The Sneak is a Dice action so you can't sneak and attack in the same round (as attacking is also a dice action, and you only get one per round...). I'm assuming JH wants to recover an effort point rather than use one so this round he recovers an effort point, he's on 1/5. His Agility (4) + Thief (4) + Roll 7,5 (12) = 20. Guards perception check is Perception 3 + Roll 9,8 (17)=20... He needed to beat your sneak roll, failed, so Jade Hood avoids detection, and sneaks up behind the guard...

We'll resolve Stone Fists defence then it'll be next round and Jade Hood will attack the Guard - because if Stone Fist goes down, things will change...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 8 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Aug 05 2012, 23:15

put one point into defense and hold the remaining point for damage, if there is a next round.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 07 2012, 00:08

OOC Stone Fist has CS9 + Roll 9,9,8 (18, double) plus 10,2 (12) = 39 Defence. Amazingly, he avoids the blow!

Seeing a blow incoming that threatens to take his head off, Stone Fist reels backwards, staggers, and rights himself, seeing the punch sail by an inch or so from his face!

"Impossible..." mutters Baron Bloot, the word drowned out by the roar and chant of his goons surrounding the pair as they circled one another! Stone Fist heard it though, and hoped it marked the possibility of doubt creeping into the big Germans mind!

OOC Initiative! I must admit, I kind of figured Bloot would have clobbered Stone Fist in a one on one by now, but the dice have been kind. That said, Bloot himself has had some excellent rolls, so no complaints from him. That said, he's a bad guy, and all they do is moan! Right, Stone Fist has CS9 + Roll 10,2 (12) = 21 initiative, Baron Bloot has CS12 + Roll 8,1 (9) = 21 initiative (Bloot goes first thanks to higher Agility). Jade Hood has CS11 + Roll 8,6 (14) = 25. He goes first.

Stone Fist 1/5 Effort, 13/17 Health, CS9 - Stone Fist only took 4 damage from the previous blow, my math was off...
Baron Bloot 1/10 Effort, 22 Health, CS12
Jade Hood 1/5 Effort, 12 Health, CS11

Jade Hood attacks the guard from behind using an effort point to attack. CS11 + Martial Arts 7 + Attack from behind 2 + Surprise attack 4 + Roll 4,3,2 (7) = 31 Attack. Goon has CS9 + Roll 5,1 (6) = 15. 16 Accuracy 6 + Strength 3 + Roll 4,3 (7)=16 Damage. Goon has Body 3 + Roll 4,7 (11) = 14 Resistance. He takes 2 damage, leaving him on 10/12 Health.

Jade Hood slams a fist into the head of the Goon guarding the Vat... who turns, curses and pulls up a pistol! The Martial artist quietly curses. The Guard had turned at the last moment, so that his knockout punch turned into a glancing blow! The only saving grace was that the noise from the cheering and jeering drowned out any shouts the man might make! A gunshot would change all that - Jade Hood knew he had only moments before this place went crazy!

Back in the 'ring' of bodies, Bloot rolled his neck and tried to deliver another blow!

OOC He uses his last effort point. Bloot has CS12 + Brawling 2 + Roll 4,1,6 (10) = 24. Stone Fist has CS9 + Roll 2,2 (4, double) plus 5,3 (8) = 21. Accuracy 1 + Strength 7 + Roll 7,7 (14, double) plus roll 10,9 (19) = 41. Ouch. Stone Fist has Body 4 + Toughness 3 + Roll 7,1 (8) = 15. That's 26 points of damage, enough to absolutely knock Stone Fist spark out! I will assume he uses his last effort point on resistance, or he's out for the count (might still be anyway). Roll 9. he still takes 18 points of Health damage, so Stone Fist goes down!

Bloot hammers blow after blow into Stone Fists face! He sees stars, wobbles, then is punched clean from his feet and lands in a heap as the crowd cheer and shout!

Jade Hood risks a glance and stifles a curse, and knows he's in trouble!

OOC Initiative CS11 + Roll 10,1 (11) = 22 for Stone Fist. Goon has CS9+ Roll 3,7 (10)=19. Jade Hood has 0/5 effort and faces a man with a pistol in his hand, whilst his friend lays spark out cold! There are guards all over the place, thankfully cheering and whooping at the moment, but all that will change if a shot rings out! If you have any master plans, or 'lucky rolls' (ha!) up your sleeve, now might be the time to call on them!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Aug 07 2012, 00:52

Stone Fist lays there, dreaming of his absolute victory over Baron Blood and all his minions besides, and gets the girl to ride off into the sunset with, holding hands. Sleep
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 07 2012, 08:24

Admin wrote:[colour=blue]Jade Hood risks a glance and stifles a curse, and knows he's in trouble!

OOC Initiative CS11 + Roll 10,1 (11) = 22 for Jade Hood. Goon has CS9+ Roll 3,7 (10)=19. Jade Hood has 0/5 effort and faces a man with a pistol in his hand, whilst his friend lays spark out cold! There are guards all over the place, thankfully cheering and whooping at the moment, but all that will change if a shot rings out! If you have any master plans, or 'lucky rolls' (ha!) up your sleeve, now might be the time to call on them!

OOC:
Oh blow, remind me again never to step into the bad guys camp without some significant help. This has been like a first level party stepping into the last level of a mega dungeon!!!

Jade Hood was in a make or break situation, having engaged the guard, he had to see it through. He knew, even if he could escape, his friend would probably be killed if not tortured first. Bloot would not be kind.

Striking out with all his remaining effort, Jade Hood had to hope he could turn things around.

OOC:
Be interesting to see what happens if this all goes south! Do we roll up new characters? Anyway I'll use whatever resources are left to me to strike and knock this guy out. I figure if I can knock him out now and get to the vat then that's it game over.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 08 2012, 11:23

Jade Hood had seen his friend go down, and saw a number of the goons stoop to raise his prone form up to shoulder level, whilst Baron Bloot addressed them (in his native tongue).

He turned to the guard, then attempted to flatten the fellow, before he could shoot!

OOC No effort points left, you need a decent roll. CS11 + Martial Arts 7 + Roll 3,10 (13) = 31. Goon has CS9 + Roll 7,2 (9) = 18. 5 accuracy + Strength 3 + Roll 10,4 (14) = 22. Goon has Body 3 + Roll 4,4 (8, double) plus Roll 10,9 (19). Don't blame me, I'm using invisible castle for the rolls :S Goon has defence 31.

Jade Hoods fear for his friend robs his blows of any real force, and the Goon grins as he blocks them with his arms and turns aside at them! He shrugs off Jade Hoods distracted blows, then tries to shoot his foe!

OOC CS9 + Guns 2 + Roll 10,4 (14)-2 for close quarters combat with a gun = 23 vs Jade Hoods CS11 + Roll 2,10 (12) = 23. The gun goes off, but slices through jade Hoods robe rather than through his skin!

Jade Hood, moving with near supernatural ability, avoids the gunshot at point blank range! though the feat looked amazing, Jade hood knew it was within 1m that guns were less effective against an opponent as fast moving, and able to deflect an arm or the barrel itself away, as he had done!

The damage was done though.

He heard the telltale CLACK CLACK! of guns being cocked, and the sneering voice of Baron Bloot "I sink you vill be so kind as to put hands behind head and drop to knees now, ja?"

He turned.

All around the room, two dozen guns were pointed at him... at Bloots feet, dropped when the gunshot had gone off, was Stone Fists prone form, and not far from him, the prone form of Lara Lamont...

"In other words" Bloot growled "You surrender, or you die, and so do your friends..."

OOC Remember this is Pulp era adventure, so villains will never kill a foe when they can first gloat, monologue and present at least one improbable chance of escape - how else would you know of their extreme genius and your complete inability to stop them? Over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 08 2012, 13:06

Admin wrote:Jade Hood
OOC Remember this is Pulp era adventure, so villains will never kill a foe when they can first gloat, monologue and present at least one improbable chance of escape - how else would you know of their extreme genius and your complete inability to stop them? Over to you...

OOC: Oh groan, what have we got ourselves into now!

Jade Hood slowly lifted his hands to his head, concealed within his robes was a shiriken, not knowing when or if such a thing might be useful, given that it was barely the only thing he could think of as he goaded the egotistical Baron into giving him more time to think.

"Bloot more like Bloat, is your size compensation for your failures in New York? And now here you are being given a second chance to ruin even more lives with you clumsy attempts at playing God. So how did you win the favour of your superiors this time, what lies did you have to concoct to overcome their disappointment? It must have been good? I can't imagine them accepting failure easily!"

OOC:
Ok without trying to get him so mad that he just does away with me, I am trying to punch away at all his areas, any insecurity at the failures in NY, his superiors letting him have a second go, the fact that he had only limited success and the obvious pressure that must put him under to deliver a working prototype to help calm his superiors questions about his competence.

I've got my hands behind my head and my Shiriken in one hand and up my opposite arms sleeve so as to conceal it from casual observation. Whilst I try and look for some way to turn this mess around and still rescue everyone! affraid No pressure then!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 08 2012, 13:51

ooc:

Death Trap! Death Trap! Rah! Rah! RAH!!!!!! cheers

What will it be? Slowly lowered into a pit of vipers? Into a pit of acid? Strapped to a conveyor belt to a furnace? Strapped to a table with crossbows pointed at us, a rope preventing the triggers from going off and a burning candle under the rope or over it and burning down to the rope? An arena of death, fighting animals or failed experiments turned into monsters? Strapped out in the desert naked with wet leather straps and slowly being strangled as they tighten? Chained to a dungeon wall and water slowly pouring in to drown us?

Um ... what are some of the other classic death traps?

Covered in honey and staked out to a giant ant hill. Bound up like a mummy and sealed behind a wall to die of thirst and starvation. Chinese water torture. Death of a Thousand Cuts. Conveyor belt to a stamping machine. Strapped to rocks on a beach or buried in the sand and only our heads exposed and then the crabs come to nibble away at us until we die or drown when the tide comes in. Laser haven't been invented yet but Death Rays have - the classic Bond/Goldfinger set up! Thrown into a 'bottomless' pit with who knows what horrors are down there and no light to see by. Tied up with chains and weights and dumped over the side of a boat out on the ocean.

Death Trap! Death Trap! Rah! rah! Rah!!!!!!! lol!

and you may want to mention we burned his warehouse of supplies or not, it might get you killed.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:12

Bloot barks orders in german, and a few burly looking fellows hoist Stone Fist up to shoulder level again. Jade Hood is watched the whole time with a dozen guns, and another couple of guards drag Lara Lamonts prone form over to the corner (D22 on map) where she's placed in an empty cage, hands tied behind back and still unconscious.

Then the big man turns, listening to Jade Hoods taunts. He walks over, the guards parting to let his mass tower over Jade Hood. "You seek to anger me American? Vell, I am angry. And curious. Tell me..." he said, reaching down with a huge hand and hoisting Jade Hood up by the tunic front with a single fist so that he is level with the 7' tall mans face. "How did you get in here? And who ARE you? You hef been a thorn in my side for a vile now, and zen you track me here? How? How do you do zis? And vot is your connection to him?" he asked nodding his head to the side to the prone form of Chayne - only the agent wasn't in the cage!

"FIND HIM!" Bloot bellowed and he turned to Jade Hood again. "You vill answer my questions, und more, otherwise... guard!" he barked. "I shell give ze order, und you vill carry it out! If I tell you to shoot ze girl, do it!"

He grinned at Jade Hood. "Now, ve start again. Talk."

Bloot suddenly narrowed his eyes. "Und find ze doctor. He is already strange enough without him going missing! I never heard someone from Germany vis an accent like zat before." he looked at Jade Hood and snarled "Tell me all you know, or first ze girl dies, zen your friend!"

Jade Hood glanced to where Stone Fist was being placed on a table, leather straps tying down wrists, ankles, waist, neck and chest. What they planned to do form there was unclear, but another guard was climbing up a ladder to reach into the vat with a glass beaker...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:30

Admin wrote:BlootJade Hood glanced to where Stone Fist was being placed on a table, leather straps tying down wrists, ankles, waist, neck and chest. What they planned to do form there was unclear, but another guard was climbing up a ladder to reach into the vat with a glass beaker...

Despite the intimidation attempts by Bloot, Jade Hood found himself strangely calm, his training was taking over, such was the nature of it, even at an instinctive level so that it overrided his natural inclination toward fight or flight.

"Hmm you take all the fun out of being a prisoner with you're, 'Talk or I'll shoot your friends...'"

OOC: Yeah where is the monologuing followed by the death trap I'm to get out off. I demand a refund! Stop the world I want to get off!

Jade Hood looked thoughtful for a moment, "We had come into contact with a compound. We knew that there were others, that when combined gave people powers. My...friend here, has such powers and we've met others like him. We've also met others who have some of the ingredients and who are looking for other parts. We've been following the trail of ah...bread crumbs if you will, and seeking what we might find at the end."

Jade Hood knew the Baron was a cunning enemy to clever to be easily bated it turned out. He had to lead him along, telling the truth, or at least part of it might continue their discussion and mean that he and Stone Fist was useful to keep around. But truth be told, he wasn't really the talker and he was quickly running out of things to ward off the swift brutal demise of his friends. All the while he looked about, surely this couldn't be the end, there had to be something he could use to leverage to his advantage, but what?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:52

Bloots eyes widened, then he tossed Jade Hood to the floor, slightly annoyed that he landed, cat like, on his feet! "Watch him!" he barked to half a dozen guards who watched Jade Hood like hawks, tommy guns trained on him at close range.

"I knew zere vos something about zis men, from ze last when we..." he said, then stopped himself - he had no wish to remind himself of the beating he took from Stone Fist and Jade Hood!

"Wait! Do not administer ze serum! Get ze doctor here, NOW! Find out vot zis men has in his blood!" Bloot looked distracted, pacing about. "Ve need yun more ingredient... I vonder... can his blood hold it?"

He ran flustered hands over his head, then shouted "ZE DOCTOR, FOOLS!"

He turned to Jade Hood. "You information may save your life. For now. Tie him, and toss him in the cage with ze girl. Find ze FBI man, und watch zem! In ze meantime, ve must test zat mans blood! He may hold ze key..."

==========

With hands tied behind his back, Jade Hood was tossed into the cage

His mind racing, he shuffled over to Lara, but saw she was still spark out, and the three guards outside the cage barked for him to get back. Two turned to look back at the gathering of guards in the centre of the room near the vat and started talking in German, the other watched Jade Hood.

Then Jade Hood frowned. He tipped his head to one side, and listened...

OOC Roll 7,9 (16) + Perception (3)= 19. Test passed. Your current Effort points are 2/5

"I said... you didn't have to pinch me so hard... You need to distract the guard, so I can give you something..."

Jade Hood looked about, but couldn't see anything, then he realized/recognized the voice was the Doctors - who he'd nerve pinched upstairs! Could he trust the man?

OOC more updates later - need to hit the sa...zzzzz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:45

Admin wrote:"I said... you didn't have to pinch me so hard... You need to distract the guard, so I can give you something..."

Jade Hood looked about, but couldn't see anything, then he realized/recognized the voice was the Doctors - who he'd nerve pinched upstairs! Could he trust the man?

Jade Hood relaxed leaning back on the bars, realising if the Doctor was here, Bloot would have a fun time trying to find him. More importantly it bought him time. "Hmm sorry about that..." He said quietly, genuinely sorry, given that he didn't know enough about the man to trust him, before. He placed his hands where, the doctor could put what he wanted into them."We've got off to a bad start, I do hope you won't hold it against us, you can imagine how hard it is to know who to trust in a situation like this. So what is it that you want to give me, as you can see I am in rather a tight spot?"

OOC: Note that 7 point is just to small for my old eyes to read comfortably, so I've put it up to 10 but imagine I am whispering just as carefully as the Doc was. Sleep well.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 11 2012, 22:47

Holding his hands out, Jade Hood acts casual, looking out at the group of goons strapping Stone Fist down to a table. He was worried for his friend but knew he had to keep his head together to get out of this alive.

Feeling something drop into his hand, Jade Hood shifted his weight about, drawing a threat from the goon watching him through the bars to keep still and with his head down.

He looked in his hand and saw a small thumb length object, thin and with a single button on it. The other thing was more unusual. A small clear capsule with a cap over what appeared to be a needle jutting from it. He pulled a face for a split second, then realised that by popping the needle into the skin of someone, the capsule could be pinched to inject the clear fluid.

But who was the intended recipient for the capsule? Baron Bloot, if the stuff was some kind of drug, or poison, or his friend, Stone Fist?

He glanced suddenly. There appeared another capsule like he'd been given on the floor which he could see through the bars of the cage that hung off the floor. He'd taken his hand away too quickly for the Doctor to give him both. So, the man had given him two capsules. Backup in case it didn't work against Bloot or one for Stone Fist, one for Lara Lamont?

There was no other word from the invisible Doctor, and he guessed the man had moved to a safe distance.

The small pencil like object intrigued him. He waited for a moment then pressed the button. instantly a thin beam of light emitted several inches from the tip - and it was warm enough without putting his hand too close to suggest it would be searing hot if he touched it!

A weapon? Maybe. A quick way to slice through the rope bonds, the lock or the bars?

He glanced about. There was still a single guard watching him closely. The other two guards nearby were chatting in their native german tongue.

Stone Fist was strapped to a bench. He turned as he heard a commotion and his heart sunk as several goons dragged Agent Chayne forward, then towards the middle of the room where a space was cleared and Chayne strapped to a table next to the unconscious Stone Fist.

Bloot bellowed in German. Jade Hood didn't understand it, but figured that whatever was about to happen next wouldn't be good!

OOC You are on 5/5 effort points by now...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Aug 12 2012, 14:48

Admin wrote:Bloot bellowed in German. Jade Hood didn't understand it, but figured that whatever was about to happen next wouldn't be good!

OOC You are on 5/5 effort points by now...

Jade Hood knew time was of the essence not only in terms of its shortage before his opportunity to do something ran out, but also in terms of taking the time for formulate his escape. An escape that had to end better than his previous attempt had, or all would be lost.

"First things first..." Jade Hood whispered to himself, under his breath. Taking his time, so as not to alert the guard to its presence he examined the capsules he'd been given. Without knowing who they were intended for he might poison a friend or unwittingly aid a foe.

After he had taken the chance to examine them for further clues as to how to best use them, Jade Hood took the opportunity to take in the surroundings from where he was, in much greater detail. He was looking not just for the way out, a way to turn the clear advantage Bloot had over them, to something else. After this he then examined the cage and wondered how he might escape without rousing attention, as he had done so badly before.

OOC:
Ok I am not sure how I am supposed to play this without ending up back here or worst still, dead.

I want to take the trouble to use effort points in three ways, but only if the dice do not help me out. So if I roll badly only. So an effort point to help understand the purpose of the capsules. I get that the laser can cut through the bars and restraints but I've no idea how overpowering the guard in front of me, will aid me as the others will quickly round on me and that would be that. So here are a couple of thoughts, that I want to tease out the merits of:

i) I aim the laser at the vat and see if I can cause a large enough hole to appear near the bottom so it starts leaking out everywhere?
ii) I aim the laser at Bloot, to try and cause him significant damage? Unlikely to help and timing is everything with that one.
iii) I aim the laser at the guards, taking out the weapons of those closest to me and then go for the bonds and bars?

Ok so I am really in a tight spot and somewhat in the dark about how I am to get out of this, hence the tactical long look to try and get a clue, for which consider using an effort point on anything suggested where necessary to get an effective clue as to a way forward.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 13 2012, 17:16

OOC Use the characters Intelligence stat (+ effort point if you fail which costs double) to exceed 14 and get some options presented, one for every 3 points (or part of) that you exceed target number.

Roll 7,10 (17) plus Intelligence (4) = 21. That's 3 successes. You are on 5/5 Effort still.

Jade Hood examines the capsules. There was some small writing imprinted on them (OOC soft plastic, not the kind around in the 1930s) that he couldn't make out. He wondered what it meant, but saw several symbols that suggested the capsules use.

• He could nip it slightly, and whatever the capsule embedded into would receive a dose of the liquid inside. The other application was simply to stab and squeeze, a more sure, precise method, but not one easily available to him right now. Another symbol had a cross on it, which suggested medicine of some kind, but these things were so small it was hard to imagine who might be able to write so tiny letters (OOC they were machine printed, but he's not to know that)

• Knowing that he could toss the capsule as he would one of his weapons, several targets presented themselves. The first was Bloot, but if these were in fact some kind of medicine, that might not be advisable. An obvious choice was Stone Fist. Waking him up on the gurney might be the best course of action. Another was Lara. She was trussed up good, but a far easier shot to make from where he was. Jade Hood didn't doubt himself, but the capsules weren't meant to be thrown, and piercing Stone Fists skin would need a monumental effort! The last possible recipient was Agent Chayne, but he was so badly beaten the poor fellow would need a miracle to revive him and get him on his feet. He was trussed up near Stone Fist, and that shot was the hardest of all.

• The lasers range diminished sharply after a foot or so, judging by the things size. By the time it reached Bloot or the vat it would be no more harmful than a flashlight, but shining it in his eyes might distract him - and draw attention to Jade Hood. Far more useful would be to sever his bonds and perhaps cut through the bars of the cage. He could even aim it at a specific point on the weapons of the men around him whilst their attention was diverted. A melted firing pin would reduce the weapons effectiveness to that of a club! There was also the possibility of the small pen laser having a limited charge.

Jade Hood glanced about. Then he heard calls from over near the entrance to the room. It appeared they had 'found' the Scientist, who theatrically yawned and rubbed his eyes as he was led in by guards. The towering figure of Bloot marched over to him, giving him a tongue lashing in German. Whilst he made an effort to cringe, the scientist glanced once in Jade Hoods direction and gave a near imperceptible nod.

The guards were now all looking in the direction of the scientist - if Jade Hood wanted a distraction, perhaps this was it!

OOC It will be very hard to strike Stone Fist with one of these things hard enough to get the contents into his skin, but with effort points, not impossible. Easier is Lara Lamont, but the plucky reporter would be disorientated if she woke. More unpredictable were these supposed powers she'd been imbued with. If what jade Hood had heard was true, she might burst into flames!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 14 2012, 10:16

Admin wrote:The guards were now all looking in the direction of the scientist - if Jade Hood wanted a distraction, perhaps this was it!

OOC It will be very hard to strike Stone Fist with one of these things hard enough to get the contents into his skin, but with effort points, not impossible. Easier is Lara Lamont, but the plucky reporter would be disorientated if she woke. More unpredictable were these supposed powers she'd been imbued with. If what jade Hood had heard was true, she might burst into flames!

Of all his options none seemed that favourable given the trouble they were in. But more than anything he needed some way to get the guards attention away from him. The thought or rousing Stone Fist, seemed good but getting him to such a state was too much. Using the instrument on Lara seemed also filled with trouble, he didn't wish to make her a target. But given how they'd kept her, it seemed to him that she of all people was in safer hands, whether she was awake or not. Jade Hood had to hope so, what other options presented themselves?

Taking his time and choosing to calculate the angles and variables gave him also time to watch for a pattern with the guards. They seemed vigilant but now the Doctor was back they were also watching Bloot berate the Doctor.

At that moment, Jade Hood threw the vial, hoping his estimation of its effects and his aim was both on target.

OOC:
Ok so aiming to get a accurate hit, use two effort points to awaken Lara. My hope is that powers out of control or not that will cause enough disruption and chaos to mean I can then use the laser device first to jam firing pins on guns and then to break the lock and my own bonds. But you may need to reverse that and go just for my bonds and the cage depending on what happens next.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 15 2012, 14:11

With his hands tied Jade Hood realised his best bet was to, effectively, spit the capsule through the air! He gave it a slight twist, to increase pressure behind the needle point. Then it would take the merest puncture to inject some of the serum. A full dose would require a pinch of the capsule, but Jade Hood didn't have that luxury. Slipping the capsule between his lips, he glanced to the side, saw the guard still distracted, then... blew!

OOC This is a really tricky shot. 2 Effort points, Agility 4 + Roll 10,5,7,6 (no doubles, but 10+7, plus Agility 4 = 21. Beat the target number (20) by a point.)

Lara Lamont seemed to twitch when the capsule tapped into her neck. A heartbeat later, she opened her eyes in fear, looked about, tested the bonds that trussed her up so tight, then...

Jade Hood and Stone Fist issue #3 (System tryout)  - Page 8 Exploded

Flames burst outwards in every direction, with Bloots goons running for cover! Bloot himself started to berate his men until he got a face full of fire! Stone Fist was spared the immolation by being strapped to the gurney and too low for the fire to strike him.

The guards started running for cover, then realised the fire would spread - and several of them were dashing about with clothes and hair on fire!

Guards spilled from the room to find water or sand to throw on the flames.

Jade Hood had the opportunity to cut through his bonds and took it, the laser making effective, short work of the rope. He figured in time it would have been simple for him to escape given his abilities, but this had required a single press of a button, sweep of the gadget and the rope fell away! The beam had emitted for a few seconds in a thin 3 inch line. Jade Hood expected pressing the button for longer would emit a longer beam, but possibly exhaust any power supply.

He glanced to the side. The other two guards were rushing for means to put the fires out, and his remaining guard was distracted. Jade Hood himself was still behind bars. He had access to his throwing stars now though, secreted in pockets about his person. The guards had looked for conventional weapons in conventional places, but might soon find out that archaic weapons could be just as useful in the hands of a master!

OOC you have 3/5 effort points... Lara is awake and a living, blazing inferno! The guards are trying to put the various small fires that have started out. Bloot is beating at the flames on his face and what remains of his hair. Stone Fist is still out, for the moment. Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 15 2012, 22:28

Admin wrote:OOC you have 3/5 effort points... Lara is awake and a living, blazing inferno! The guards are trying to put the various small fires that have started out. Bloot is beating at the flames on his face and what remains of his hair. Stone Fist is still out, for the moment. Over to you...

OOC: I feel sorry for Dave, this has taken me a lot longer to break him out than I know I'd be comfortable with. Right time to try and change all that.

Jade Hood retrieved a throwing star from his robe and with his hands now free, took aim and fired at the remaining guard. He wasn't happy about taking a life, but if that is what it required these men knew the risks. After taking aim he flung the star with deadly accuracy OOC: read 1 effort point to accuracy. Ain't no point spending more if can't even hit the guy.

Before then applying the laser to the lock and aiming to get around to Stone Fist and agent Cheyne where he could try to revive them both. Then he had to figure out if they could take down Bloot together or not.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Aug 16 2012, 01:03

ooc: Naw, I'm doing fine. Of course, Stone Fist will be a little put out that he wasn't CONCIOUS when we got out of the death trap since that means he doesn't get bragging rights about it. Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 20 2012, 23:59

OOC Doh - what with Birthday, weekend and new issue, this slipped a little. Update....

Jade Hood plucked out and threw a throwing star at him in one smooth motion!

OOC CS11 + Martial Arts 7 + Roll 9,10,6 (19) = 37. Bad guy gets CS9 + Roll 6,1 (7) = 16. 7 accuracy + Strength 3 + Damage 3 + Roll 7,3 (10) = 23. Bad guy has no defense against a killing attack aside from roll 4,5 (9).

With a 'chud' the fellow slumps backwards, the star embedded in his eye!

Turning away from the grisly scene of the dead man, Jade Hood uses the laser on the lock and slips from the cage. Sticking to the shadows cast by the licking flames, he sees Bloot bellowing with rage and shouting for water, whilst his blistered face looks like pure agony! Lara is still burning - in fact the heat she's giving off seems so intense it's likely to boil the liquid in the vat! A guard steps as close as he dare, then empties a full clip of bullets at Lara!

"No!" bellows Bloot, rushing over to bat the gun away. He turns and sees the young woman stood there, searing flame around her body, and looking at the metal pools - formerly bullets - on the floor! "Noooo!" she wails. "What have you done to me?"

The guards rush from the room and back again, tossing buckets of water or sand over chairs, tables, the floor, anything combustible that Lara immolates simply by touching! One man gets too close, and he screams as he bursts into flames, then collapses on the floor, writhing about! The Prisoners are shouting now, and crying to be released!

Jade Hood sees a chance to sprint through the confusion and deliver the serum to Stone Fist, but knows he will be exposed if he does so! Does he risk all to revive his friend? He could choose instead to revive Chayne, but the man was in a bad way, and they'd find themselves surrounded by armed gunmen. He figured Chayne might be better off unconscious - so long as the flames didn't spread to his gurney!

OOC 2/5 Effort points for Jade Hood. Make a mad dash for Stone Fist, or bide your time? Perhaps go for the Vat, and see what happens when the green liquid is spilled out onto the floor ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 21 2012, 17:38

Admin wrote:
Jade Hood sees a chance to sprint through the confusion and deliver the serum to Stone Fist, but knows he will be exposed if he does so! Does he risk all to revive his friend? He could choose instead to revive Chayne, but the man was in a bad way, and they'd find themselves surrounded by armed gunmen. He figured Chayne might be better off unconscious - so long as the flames didn't spread to his gurney!

And sprint he did, throwing caution to the wind, he headed toward his companion's side, knowing what a dose of the stuff the doctor gave him did once, he could only wonder what it might do to Stone Fist once he got a does.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 21 2012, 23:36

With Agility that would shame an Olympic Gymnast, Jade Hood sprinted through the chaotic jumble of guards and around hanging cages, the Vat of boiling green fluid, and even dodging the flames that burnt from the wooden floor and dropped down from the ceiling! The fire seemed to be a living thing, almost, sticky, and seeking the most flammable objects! Jade Hood shielded his face against the searing heat of a burning table, amazed that something could burn so bright, hot and quickly after simply being touched by Miss Lamonts burning flames!

Finally, coughing through the smoke after a journey that took seconds but seemed to last forever, Jade Hood stood next to his friend, still strapped down on the gurney. He heard shouts of recognition, but was blessed with luck when a group of guards suddenly had a ceiling crossbeam fall on them from above, crying out as the flames lit their clothes up and had them dashing about, frantically beating at them and trying to tear them off!

Without wasting any more time, Jade Hood took the capsule, then jabbed it against Stone Fists arm.

It bounced off!

He looked at the slightly bent needle, stifled a curse against an ancient (and unspoken of) member of his order who betrayed their secrets to another clan, and looked about on Stone Fists body for something else to puncture. All the while he heard the clump of running boots behind him... he had seconds, if that! There was no time to free his friend! He had to simply select a place where the needle would penetrate...

The eyes?

Jade Hood winced at the thought but considered it...

As the bootsteps got louder behind him he had a sudden thought, pulled Stone Fists jaw open, and thrust the needle at his tongue!

It almost didn't go in!

Stone Fist winced, and the serum flooded into his body, seemingly revitalising every cell it touched and starting a chain reaction within him! Even as Jade Hood started to turn to face his foes, he caught a glimpse of the bruising on Stone Fists face receding, the cuts sealing up, and his friends eyes... flicked open! Stone Fist was awake!

OOC initiative! 7+1 (8) + CS9 for bad guys. There are four facing Jade Hood, unarmed but seemingly quite proficient with fists! Jade Hood gets CS11 + 6,5 (11) = 22 and Stone Fist (now awake, and on FULL HEALTH) gets CS9 + roll 8,5 (13) = 22. He is, however, trussed up with leather straps across his midriff, arms, thighs and neck! It will take a herculean effort of strength for someone to break those! Luckily Stone Fist happens to be fairly herculean. he has 5/5 effort, and Jade Hood has 1/5 effort. Over to you, chaps. Remember the multi attack rules for taking on mooks but don't get too ambitious. One on one these guys aren't in your league, but in groups they can (and have already proven!) to be formidable!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 21 2012, 23:47

"Glad to see you're awake at last, I hope you feel refreshed after you nap, old friend?" Jade Hood joked with Stone Fist even as he slipped a throwing star into his hand to help cut the bonds and lined up two more to use against the men as they approached.

"Friends today is not a good day to die, but if you insist."

And with that Jade Hood took off, aiming to get away from Stone Fist, but toward the flames. As he went he shouted to Laura, "Laura, Laura. Its I, your friend, any chance of some help here, we're trying to rescue you, but it turns out we might need some help being rescued ourselves."

Then turning so that the guards were in his sites Jade Hood launched his throwing stars at the lead men. Knowing that he might at this range and under these circumstances miss, but he was intent on slowing them down and drawing them away to give time for Stone Fist to work free.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:37

"Tharrggg!," Stone Fist says, his tongue numb like from a dentist visit. He then attempts to burst his bonds while he looks around, trying to figure out what is going on.

ooc: Effort point into bursting bonds.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 22 2012, 14:23

OOC The task is Extreme, with a target number of 18! Add to the roll Stone Fists strength (5), and the effort point adds another die... Roll 3,7,3 (double 3, 6) plus roll 6,1 (7) = 18. You match the target number.. but need to exceed it for the bonds to break!

Stone Fist struggles at the thick straps, grunting with effort as he concedes that they would be effective enough to hold a gorilla down! Meanwhile Jade Hood runs off, drawing the guards away who trail in hot pursuit!

OOC I take from Jade Hoods post he is attempting a multi attack on...two?... guards? Martial Arts 7 + CS 11 + Roll 9,2 (11) = 29. Bad guys have CS9 + Modifier 2 + Roll 6,1 (7) = 18. Hit for 4 points of accuracy, plus 3 strength, plus 3 from throwing star and roll 10,5 (15) = 25. Body is ineffective against the throwing stars, so it's just a modifier of +2 (from multi attack) and roll 6,8 (14) = 16. Both men take 9 points of damage, but are still up with 3 health points apiece.

Jade Hood discourages the guards with a flick of the wrist and two spinning stars, but they come on in a group!

OOC group attack! The enemy gets +4 modifier from the four of them piling on. CS9 + 4 + Roll 5,1 (19), CS9 + 4 + Roll 4,3 (20), CS9 + 4 + Roll 7,5 (25), CS9 + 4 + Roll 5,3 (21). Jade Hood has defence of CS11 + Roll 4,6 (21 total)

Using superb agility, keen intelligence and sharp senses, Jade Hood parries and ducks as the four men fling punches that would flatten even the toughest street brawler! The last gets through and he grunts as his senses reel!

OOC JH Body 3 + Roll 9,5 (17 total). Damage is Accuracy 2 + Strength 3 + Roll 5,5 (double!) plus roll 8,5 (13). Total is 28. Jade Hood takes 11 damage, leaving him on 1 health point!

Lara Lamont, features lost amidst the blazing inferno about her form, cries out as she sees Jade Hood flattened! The martial arts draws a smear of blood from his mouth, then stands on shaky legs! The four men he's facing laugh, and move in!

"NO!" she screams, and starts to burn, brighter, and hotter, and it seems she is getting as hot as the sun! Guards shy back, shielding their face, and the merest touch against tables and chairs instantly immolates them! She starts to move towards Jade Hood and the four men battering him! Jade Hood is in as much danger from her as he is the other men!

OOC initiative 2,2 (double) plus 3, 9 + CS9 (bad guys 25) Jade Hood 9,3 + CS11 (23) Stone Fist CS9 + 7,1 (17). Lara CS9 + Roll 4,8 (21). The goons go first. Two move away, another two deliver a kicking to Jade Hood! CS9 + 2 (modifier for team attack ) plus roll 8,6 (27)and CS9 + 2 (modifier for team attack ) plus roll 8,5 (24). Jade Hoods defence is CS11 + 10,8 (29 total). Both men miss.

Despite reeling from the blows, Jade Hood ducks and spins, rolling away from a kick and rising to his feet!

OOC Jade Hood is on 1/12 health and 2/5 effort poitns. Lara is getting closer, he faces two guards now with the others running for cover. It is getting hot in here! Your actions. Stone Fist is on 17 health, 4/5 effort

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next