The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion...

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion...

Post  smaug Sat Apr 21 2012, 20:09

OOC: Sorry I ment to say use the dark power and I know its risky without hero points but ive got to risk it even if its dangerous as sentinel wanted just leave his team mates.

IC: Sentinel needed to get to that ship asap, he tryed running in the straightest line possible with all his might pumping his steel coated legs like steam engine pistons. Each time he meet a wall he struck out smashing the bricks as if he was swatting flys sending them reeling, looking up after everytime to find the craft and re-correcting his course. Without asking the dark power assisted sentinel acting like a super charger, he could feel a new level of super strength energize his muscles in his legs and arms, before he knew it he was passing cars and lorries with easy as he burst out of a bricked wall into a main road.

He was so close to the ship now. He slid into the path of the crashing vessel and raised his hands split seconds before the impacted almost crushed him even with his super super strength, straining his rippling muscles. The sheer impact alone nearly popped both the young vanguards arms out of his sockets forcing sentinels boots to dig into the cobbles of the street and pushing him along carving two trenchs when his legs had been. In all the noise and concentration sentinel didnt hear the old weathered woman behind him screaming, she would without a doubt have been smeared across the cobbles if he hadnt been there. Steve dropped the battered v ship with a mighty crashed almost forgetting how heavy it is and turning to the woman

"Ma am are you okay?"

She just nodded quietly and slowly, obviously dumbfounded.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion...

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22 2012, 02:24

Silver Sentinel
10/110htc
10/88htk
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 4/5
Dark Power growth 3
15 Energy

OOC Before you can save the ship the small matter of not blowing up London must be addressed... I assume you try to play it safe but go for as much power as you can without going crazy. Let's say 6 Dark Power points, + 3 Dark Power Growth=9 Dark Ego. Sentinel has 12 Ego. His roll is 10,3 (13) total 25. Dark power gets 4,6 (10) total 19. Roll passed. You have 7,7,8,6,2,2= 32 Dark Power points. You can boost strength 1 grade, flight 1 grade but will be too late to stop it crashing, or Flight 2 grades and get to the crash site to minimise the damage. On another note you are now Dark power Grade 2 and things just got a whole lot easier for you! Choose how you want to spend your points and we'll resolve Sentinels action, but as it stands (thanks to at best, average rolls) he can't stop the V-Ship from crashing. Frostbite will be along very shortly however, and ready to lend a hand.

Silver Sentinel
10/110htc
10/88htk
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 5/5 (now level 2 Dark power and on 0/10)
Dark Power growth 4
Dark Power level 2
32 Dark Power points to spend
15 Energy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Apr 22 2012, 09:46

OOC: Its got to be grade 2 flight then but how to stop it......

IC: Before he knew sentinel was at the predicted crash site and just in time. Racing to meet the battered craft he knew there was no way his strength, as super as it was, was going to made any difference but he had to try lifes were at stake. Leaping in front of the v ship sentinel braced for impacted as the hull groaned and molded around his hands as his temporary boosted rocket boots fired at full power, at his rate he should of been flying faster than any plane but instead was being pushed backwards.

Looking all about him he spotted crude electric cables as he and the craft fast approached the ground. The metal manipulation power became invaluable once again as cables started wrapping around the vessel and a very twisted net of drain pipes, lead and chrome bumpers formed behind him, with no thought on the huge bill of damage sentinel was stacking up and who would be picking it up.

Sentinel knew the net would also have little effect but had to move out of the way or be forced through it in sheer seconds. He let go of the ship and hoped for the best, as he rolled out the way he caught sight of one of the peelers still trying to pull up on the controls.

"HOLD ON" Sentinel futilely screamed

The v ship still wrapped in tort electric cables ripped through the net as sentinel raised a newly polished car mentally, obviously some ones pride and joy, in an atempt to slow to vessel further. Steve was a brave man but still had to close his eyes.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:46

OOC we're in 1940 - can't imagine electricity supplies/cables are widespread Razz

Sentinel boosted his speed, the air behind him ripping as he powered towards the speed of sound! London streets flashed below him as he saw the V-Ship looming up ahead. It crashed into a rooftop, smashing tiles into the air and skipped off, glancing off a wall and sending brick shattering outwards! People on the streets screamed! They were already running for cover thanks to the air raid siren, but actually having a flying vehicle crash into the streets near them was quite another thing!

At the edge of his range, Sentinel reached out with his power. He latched onto the ship... and was yanked forwards with it! Bounced about like a cowboy hanging onto a bucking horse, he flew backwards with all his might to slow its crash landing! The V-Ship THUMPED into one building, skipped into the air, slowly turning, and SLAMMED down into another, flattening the roof and tumbling, debris and stone flying through the air! Attached via his invisible tether Sentinel strained with all his might, and was almost smashed into a wall for his trouble! In his current state he knew he might not survive such a high speed impact, but he refused to give in!

Straining his arms till they were almost out of their sockets, he cried out, pulling on the ship with his invisible power... The ship arced through the air, then started its final descent - towards a bus where Nuns were loading orphans on board! There were screams and terrified shrieks! The Nuns! The Orphans! Sentinel strained one more time and the Ship 'hopped' a dozen feet above the bus and smacked down - hard - into the park beyond, churning up mud, grass, bushes and flattening trees! It came to rest in a steaming heap of mangled metal and twisted panels, smoke and fire belching out of most holes.

Through the column of thick black smoke Sentinel peered where he lay, belly down in the mud of the park. He could see dazed survivors falling from the wreckage, tripping and stumbling, not quite sure where they were. Some were the Alien Skralls, who turned and immediately began helping the human crew from the ship, heedless of the danger to themselves! One Skrall was set on fire when a line burst, spewing it in chemicals that instantly caught light! It didn't seem to notice, and continue to move metal panels until it keeled over and died moments later.

Sentinel tried to move, but his arms felt like they were falling out!

Then he heard a voice behind.

"Englishman! You are brave, but there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity! We are but the lead force in an invasion army come to crush you once and for all!"

Sentinel turned, and saw the huge (15' tall or so) Frog/man Nazi walking towards him! In the air behind the creature, a woman composed of red energy hovered, ready to attack!

OOC Ok, Sentinel is Staggered with half movement and -2 to hit. He is 1 point off being stunned, and a point off being hospitalised. Chances are a single energy blast from the Nazi woman will KILL SENTINEL. Initiative 6 Sentinel, 1 Nazis. 3 Frames to Sentinel. He's saved the ship from complete destruction, the Nuns and Orphans from complete destruction, and the streets of London from almost complete Destruction. Unfortunately the Nazis are seeking his destruction, aiming to make that complete... You have 3 Frames and a battered hero...

Silver Sentinel
7/110htc
10/88htk
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 0/10
Dark Power growth 4
Dark Power level 2
Flight + 2 Grades (G3) (4fr)
2 Dark Power points to spend
15 Energy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:04

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
6 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 4
Dark power XP 3/10 (level 2)
Dark power points 61 (2fr)
Teleportation Grade 4 (2fr)
15 Energy

Frostbite appeared over the streets of London, which looked like a War Zone! Fires were burning everywhere, thick black smoke boiled into the air, air raid sirens wailed and people ran for cover as best they could! He looked about. He was at the Houses of Parliament... Just then he heard a huge BANG! and saw across the city to where a trail of smoke sputtered across the sky, threaded its way through and over the streets, and coalesced into a churning column of thick burning smoke coming from a park.

He was deciding which direction to head in but it was decided for him when he turned, seeing a white clad muscle bound Nazi flying straight for the houses of Parliament over which Frostbite hovered!

'The Shadows Darken around this on. Beware... In fact... I sense their hand in all of this. The Nazis act irrationally, abandoning the defence of their home land to direct their efforts to destroying Britain. The Shadows influence them, twisting their thoughts into pure rage and a desire to destroy you and all you stand for, even whilst their homes burn thanks to the robotic invaders!'
said the Dark Power inside...

'There is something else. A power, drawn to the planet, heading ever closer... it will soon enter the solar system and then be on the planet in moments! It will cause fear and terror the likes of which planet Earth has not experienced!'

There was a pause...

'The end is nigh, mortal.'

OOC you have the Dark Power 2 frames then it starts to leak away at 1d10/round after that. The Nazi is flying straight at you, and is 50m away at the moment but closing fast. He is imbued with the Dark Power! I suggest defending yourself with the best means possible! Initiative 5 Frostbite, 9 Nazi. 2 Frames to the Nazi!

The Nazi soars up to within 20m of Frostbite then levels an arm "I see you Dark Prince! The end is nigh! Prepare to face oblivion!"

Then Frostbite looked on in horror as an all too familiar power blast - black energy - flew at him!

OOC Quick DARK POWER Blast from the Nazi! It spends 30+10 points on the blast (WC 4, x4 damage -3 dividers, Htk damage, extra 10 points spent to make it a 1 frame quick blast). Roll 11 + WC4 + DC6=21 - 17= 4 accuracy. Causes 16htk, reduces dividers to 1 and would leave Frostbite on 32/48htk. Any response would take 1 frame - your call? You then have 4 (or less depending on response) frames
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:15

Admin wrote:Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
6 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 4
15 Energy

OOC Quick DARK POWER Blast from the Nazi! It spends 30+10 points on the blast (WC 4, x4 damage -3 dividers, Htk damage, extra 10 points spent to make it a 1 frame quick blast). Roll 11 + WC4 + DC6=21 - 17= 4 accuracy. Causes 16htk, reduces dividers to 1 and would leave Frostbite on 32/48htk. Any response would take 1 frame - your call? You then have 4 (or less depending on response) frames

OOC:
Ok I take it if I use teleport its going to be as a dodge and that isn't my forte so I guess I am using dark power blast as well to parry his incoming blast. Blast there is little or no way that this can go easy!

Ok so I'll just match his blast with one of my own to parry. Then I think I am going to have to go power up made to exceed his energy. I guess with the Dark Power and all there is little chance that I can convince this Nazi not to fight back? I guess its a war, so I go for 10 dark power points and then spend it all on a massive blast to take him out. Use hero points as necessary!

Frostbite gritted his teeth, he hated being in this position in which there was little to do but fight back, fire with even more fire. This was war, that was bad enough, but now it was also entertainment. He felt like a pawn in a larger game in which he had been constantly reacting without being able to respond. Move and counter move, was being played out and all he could do was react.

He'd have to stow the philosophy for later, right now a Nazi, that was unlikely to be reckoned with and certainly was hardly trustworthy needed taking down. He remembered other Nazi's for this timeline's future, good people who hated what their superiors had done. But that was then.

"As usual I'm on the back foot. Sounds like the devourer is coming in. Well he is next on my list."

Frostbite fired back at the oncoming Nazi, then prepared himself, this wasn't going to be easy.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Apr 24 2012, 08:56

OOC we're in 1940 - can't imagine electricity supplies/cables are widespread
OOC: Sorry, i knew that house hold 'flexi' cable as we know was invented in 1930 and i assumed that electric cable would feed the houses but only built up areas and posh places would have them by 1940. You know what they say about assumption? Dam sentinels hurt badly again, its not been a good week for him and just typical a bus of nuns...whats the chances? They wouldnt be theses nuns would they because that could be really usefull Very Happy

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #8 Edge of Oblivion... - Page 3 268-nu11

Talk about rock and hard place, if he runs whats stopping the nazis in finishing off the ship and survivors?
Crazy idea number 1, if sentinel makes a 'copy' of himself out of some metal from the crash or something with metal morphing and form it behind the nazis im guessing it can only move? Then i'll get there attention with a metal projectitle, im hoping the frogman is a bit simple and will fall for it while the crew and sentinel take care of the red glow one if the crew have any weapons.
Crazy idea number 2, are the weapons on board the v ship still in tact and sentinel fire them remotly with his manipuation powers but obvisously not when the crew are inside as this would attract unwanted attention to the fleeing crew
Or maybe combine the two ideas

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25 2012, 14:10

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
6 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 4
15 Energy

OOC Parry Energy attack with an energy attack is your best option. A normal energy attack wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to the Dark power blast, but another DP blast will. Roll... 2,1. Oh Dear. Hero point (down to 5) gives you 10,1. Total 14 rolled. You spend 40 dark power points to match it. You parry 32 points and completely nullify the blast. 3 Frames remaining (5 Hero Points 21DP left) and you go for more Dark power... Roll 6,5+Ego 12 vs DP Growth 4 + 10 + Roll 1,9=24. Use another hero point... Roll 9,2, roll passed. Down to 4 Hero points now. DP is 8,1,5,3,10,2,9,8,9,2 (57 x 2 =114 Dark power points +21 = 135). Whacking all of that into a single powerful blast... 10 for the basic blast. 10 to use it in the 1 frame remaining. That leaves you 115 points. 110 points spent on upgrading the blast. That gives it WC13, Damage x13, Dividers -12, Htk or Htc damage. Frostbite isn't a killer, as we know, but this is war and this Nazi has no qualms about slaughtering thousands to get his mission (destroy the British Government) complete. You can decide that after the roll... 10,5. +WC13 + DC6 - 17 = 17 accuracy. 221 damage. Hmm. The point is somewhat moot. That's not far off the most damage anyone has ever knocked out with a dark Power blast. Anyman might have done more, but I'm scratching my head as to when.

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
Dark power XP 4/10 (level 2)
Dark power points 55 (8fr)
15 Energy

With his back to the wall, tired, London burning around him and the onslaught by the Nazis seemingly endless, Frostbite levelled an arm. "Ha! You are weak!" laughed the Nazi. "You have the power but you... you.. do not.. DO NOT! DO NOT USE IT AIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGH!"

There was a jet black flash, the Nazi illuminated in negative, then vanished!

A soot smear hung in the air for a heartbeat before it fell to the floor as wisps...

'Impressive' said the Dark Power inside. 'Perhaps you are not as weak as they... as I, thought.'

OOC There's so much I'd change with this game to update it to higher power levels its untrue. I'd keep damage dividers but anything that divides into the negative range would add a multiple of damage. For example, you had 17 Accuracy and -13DD. The Nazi had DD of 5. 13-5 = 8 then down to -7. That would add 17 x 7 damage on top as it completely overwhelms the defences. Of course, -13DD is way beyond the realms of what Golden Heroes was designed for, but this is a cosmic level character we're talking about. Impossible is expected. Anyway, bad guy had 100htc, 100htk, 20 Vigour. You overwhelm all of that and kill him by 1 point. You get 50 Dark power points back (shown above). The Nazi is, quite literally, disintegrated...

Silence hung in the air as Frostbite hovered. He shivered, but not with the cold. Looking across London he knew Sentinel, less versed in the use of the Dark Power, was in big, big trouble. All about the city fires raged. He had a choice - save the city and thousands of people by damping the fire, or save his friend...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25 2012, 14:19

OOC probably didn't explain the mechanic thing as well as I could. Frostbite reduced the Nazi from 5 to zero dividers then down to 0 and then to -7 with the remainder of his 13 Damage Divider reducers. (that's from 5,4,3,2,1, then 0, then -1,-2,-3 through to -7). Negative damage dividers would actually increase the damage inflicted because you so completely destroy and overwhelm the defender that they start to break into their constituent parts. It's not something that would crop up a lot though as Energy blasts are capped (in the standard rules) at -3DD.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25 2012, 15:50

OOC With regards Silver Sentinel, he could grab the copper cable feeding electricity to houses, as well as every metallic object within range, but it would be like grabbing lots of small things. Imagine scooping up handfuls of marbles. You end up dropping half and have to be really careful with the rest or they'll all fall away and you're left with hardly any. Same thing with your power. Grabbing bigger, more anchored objects and using them to catapult off or manipulate is much easier. Beside that, tearing cables out of walls and houses would slow you down as much as anything, and land Sentinel with a repair bill for trashed houses Razz Funny picture by the way. I'd add 'Only in America' but David M can maybe confirm or deny that Smile

With a thought and a gesture Sentinel 'grabbed' a pile of twisted metal from the crashed V-Ship and morphed it, instantly forming it up and 'leaping' it to stand in front of him! The Frog Man nazi paused - an exact replica of the Englishman stood in front of him, save for the fact that the one who'd crashed looked battered, his armour twisted and dented, even torn in places, and he lay in a steaming pile on the ground whilst this one stood defiant in front of him!

Whilst the Nazi faced off against the metal duplicate (OOC good idea by the way) Sentinel turned to look at the ship. It was smashed, a wreck, and fire licked from various holes in the hull. White gassed hissed from others and liquids spewed from broken pipes. It was in danger of exploding!

Battered crew stumbled from the wreck and Sentinels heart sunk. Rather than being able to help him against the Nazis, the crew were more likely to become targets in their dishevelled, disorientated states!

He glanced back at the the Frog Man, and moved the metal doppleganger of himself in as convincing a way as he could. He looked past the Frog Man to see the red glowing woman in the air, looking down on the crash site. She shouted "One or two of you makes no difference, Englander! You will die, but be thankful that you will not live long enough to see your capital burn!"

The distant ringing of Police bells suggested the place would be crawling with Police soon, but what could batons and whistles do against these two? Indeed, if the home guard turned up, what could they do with their rifles and wavering calls of 'who goes there?'

Sentinels heart sunk. The next few moments would define him as a hero - or end his life!

OOC You have 1 frame left to act, then the bad guys go. You have a metal replica of yourself that has 2 frames and can attack with WC0, +5 melee damage and walks really slowly, kind of like the tinman from wizard of Oz. A single hit from the superhuman strong Frog Man will clatter it aside, but its a hit that Sentinel won't have to take.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 25 2012, 16:17

Admin wrote:
Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
Dark power points 55 (8fr)
15 Energy

Silence hung in the air as Frostbite hovered. He shivered, but not with the cold. Looking across London he knew Sentinel, less versed in the use of the Dark Power, was in big, big trouble. All about the city fires raged. He had a choice - save the city and thousands of people by damping the fire, or save his friend...

Deep inside Frostbite felt a cold a biting emptiness. He didn't mind having to kill, it was war. It was the fact he'd used the dark power to do it, this was a step up and yet could he be expected to do anything else? He looked about, London burned, but he knew that it was ready with fire crews and would have every able bodied person fighting the stuff back. He knew that they'd be able to do little save contain the fires, but if Sentinel lost control of the Dark Power, then all London would be gone. He really had little choice.

OOC:
Paul your previous email says I've got teleport for two frames, if the dark power blast took a frame can I teleport to Sentinel's location in the last frame? If not I'd better find some other means to get their and pronto. I'm happy to use whatever you suggest but lets just assume I don't hang about.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25 2012, 17:03

OOC You parried as well (1fr) plus a blast of your own (1fr) hence the teleport ran out. You've plenty of Dark power points and fastest way round would be +3 grades Flight (making Flight G4) I should think for 45 points, unless you really want to get there instantly (teleport at grade 2)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 25 2012, 22:33

Admin wrote:OOC You parried as well (1fr) plus a blast of your own (1fr) hence the teleport ran out. You've plenty of Dark power points and fastest way round would be +3 grades Flight (making Flight G4) I should think for 45 points, unless you really want to get there instantly (teleport at grade 2)

OOC:
Opps my bad, yes you're right. Ok then lets go for flight and blast my way in, taking out one of them as I fly in if need be. Are they infected with Darkness as the other was?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:40

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
Dark power points 10 (6fr)
Flight +3 Grades (to G4) (6fr)
15 Energy

Frostbite summoned the ability to fly - really fast - and set off like a bullet, peeling the air behind him as he sped forward over the stricken city! Everywhere there were people running, bailing with buckets on fires that seemed to burn the more fierce despite their efforts and were spreading. Across the landscape of London the orange glow contrasted against the black boiling cloud in the sky!

Heading to where the V-Ship crashed, he soared downwards and saw.. two of Silver Sentinel? One was stood facing off against a giant Frog Man creature, the other lying on his side in a furrow which trailed for a hundred yards where he'd struck the ground and tumbled! Behind and above the Frog Man, there was a red glowing woman floating in the air! Nearby the stricken V-Ship lay where it'd crashed, smoke and fire pouring from it and dazed survivors trying to get clear before it blew! Frostbite thought of Boadicea in the medical bay, trapped and possibly dead already, Spartan, the brave, honourable man who would die before he bent the knee to a Nazi, and the crew onboard the ship. Most would be dead already.

It looked like the Nazis wanted to add Sentinel to the list!

OOC Frostbite is 50m away from the bad guys. Sentinel has 1 frame to use then the Bad guys act. After that it'll be initiative, but you can use your own future frames to parry attacks on Sentinel if you feel it necessary, albeit at a penalty to the dice roll. He looks in a bad way (he is) and his armour is hanging off, dented and busted up. The V-Ship will never fly again, but Anyman will no doubt source more of those. Spartan and Boadicea are in gravest peril... So, Sentinel to act, the bad guys, then initiative.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 26 2012, 08:20

60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
15 Energy

OOC:Ok so don't I get a surprise attack for showing up without them knowing? And yes I sure will defend Sentinel if and where I can. If I do get a surprise round it will be to fly in and bash frog guy into oblivion.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Apr 27 2012, 08:08

The silver sentinel double look rather convincing that was until it tryed to leap forward and attack the frog man, he wobbled and jerked. The tin man with his terrible speed certainly wouldnt be able to hit the red flying woman but maybe just maybe it wouldnt miss a target the size of the huge frog.

The tin man attacked the giant frog with all his might but it looked like someone put him on the wrong speed (OOC: Im guessing the melee attack missed?) but not before the real sentinel quick blasted the other Nazi with his plasma attack to her face then mentally ripping a v ship panel that lay on the ground in half and forced the now two panels to approach the glow red Nazi woman on both side then wrapping her up like some kind of glowing Christmas tree decorated with metal strips for tinsel.

OOC: I bet they are both tough nuts to crack, I doubt sentinel can do any real damage but hopefully I can hold them off for a little longer

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:02

OOC You've only got one frame to act Ross before initiative is rolled so I assume you'll go for the Quick Blast. 'Tin man' can take a swing at Frog Man. Frostbite might have been able to surprise most opponents by flying in from above and behind, but not the Frog Man. He's ugly, sure, and looks like a giant frog/man hybrid, but the eyes on the side of his head are useful for something!

Silver Sentinel
7/110htc
10/88htk
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 0/10
Dark Power growth 4
Dark Power level 2
13/15 Energy

Silver Sentinel desperately tried to blast the red energy woman whilst his 'Tin Man' fought of its own accord against the Frog Man!

OOC Tin Man roll 1,8, miss and 10,5, hit. After dividers the Frog Man looks down at the automaton and laughs...

"Is that your best, Englishman? Where are The Vanguard? Where is Anyman? I want the bounty on his head! Show me your Winston Churchill, your King! I shall tear their heads from their bodies and eat them!" it laughed.

Sentinel blasted at the energy woman...

OOC Roll 8,1 + WC3 + DC6=18-17=1 accuracy. All of 2 damage.

Barely striking her at all, she turns and gives Sentinel her full, undivided attention... Sentinel felt sweat roll down the inside of his helmet...

'the Dark Power mortal! USE IT! Use it NOW!' screamed the presence inside!

OOC initiative... Heroes 5 Bad guys 6. The Frog Man attacks the Tin Man... Roll 1,5, missed. The Energy Woman saves her frame to blast (and finish off) Sentinel. You have 4 frames each. The Frog Man can see Frostbite incoming and shouts...

"Another one, Gilda! Finish this metal one, I shall take the blue skinned man!" and he turns to face Frostbite as the Vanguardian shoots through the air towards the battle!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 27 2012, 13:45

60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
15 Energy

"Another one, Gilda! Finish this metal one, I shall take the blue skinned man!" and he turns to face Frostbite as the Vanguardian shoots through the air towards the battle!

It didn't take a genius to see how badly beaten Sentinel was. But still the Vanguardian still faced two formidable foes and he was pretty much down...but still not out. Not with the time bomb that was the dark power within.

Calling on his reserves, Frostbite summoned his power, he didn't have time to trade blows. Not whilst his friends could barely stand, the V ship looked hammered and London was burning.

"Prince, its that time again..."

A grim and angry look came over Frostbite as he steeled himself for what was becoming a habit. But what could he do. In a way you took the best you had to end it decisively as possible. People would die, so best make that as swift as possible.

OOC:Ok I am going for more Dark Power points as usual, I want 6 this time and I am going to put it all into the dark power blast. Assume use of Hero points to stave off the Dark power's overwhelming effects. And I will use the dark power blast on the Frog man. With the reminder that come back (this is HTK) I will use that to do the same to the woman, Gilda!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27 2012, 22:31

Frostbite
60/60htc
48/48htk
4 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 5
15 Energy

OOC Will resolve actions after Ross declares Sentinels as his may affect what happens to Frog Man and same with yours (no point in targeting something that is toasted). Dark power 6 + Growth 5 + Roll 9,9 (18!) plus Roll 3,1 (4)=33. That's... a big total. Hero point on standby. Frostbite has Ego 12 + Roll 8,7 (15) + Hero Point Roll 4,7. Check passed. Dark Power points 5,4,7,5,8,8 (37 x 2=74). That will give a Dark power blast of WC8, X8 damage, DD -7, Htk damage, 20m range, 1 action. You'll have 4 Dark Power left. Remember you can heal Sentinel with the Dark power, but he's just as well healing himself. When the Nazis act he's a dead man if he gets hit. His armour will slow some of it down, but Energy Attacks really sock it to armoured types. As mentioned, we'll resolve as soon as Sentinel posts his actions...

Frostbite (after he uses the blast)
60/60htc
48/48htk
3 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 6
Dark power XP 5/10 (level 2)
Dark power points 14 (4fr with 4 points at 8fr)
Flight +3 Grades (to G4) (4fr)
15 Energy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Apr 29 2012, 14:04

OOC: Ideal, the big man has arrived. If I use to dark power to heal sentinel how many frames would I have left as I was thinking quick blast and while Gilda is distracted with his feeble attack wrap her is metal as I mentioned before

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 30 2012, 10:46

Silver Sentinel
7/110htc +24 (see text) = 31/110
10/88htk + 24 (see text) = 34/88
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 1/10
Dark Power growth 5 (after dark power use)
Dark Power level 2
13/15 Energy round 2/5

Calling on the Dark Power, Sentinel hoped beyond hope that it would not spell disaster for the people he was trying to save!

OOC Things are getting tricky for Sentinel now. With Dark Power Growth 4 he'll have to watch how many points he calls on, but every time he does call on the power, he gains experience from it - which might save both his - and Planet Earths' lives... Let's go with 5 points. Ego 12 + Roll 5,5 (double!) + Roll 9,1=32. Dark Power 5 + Growth 4 + Roll 10,1=20. Easily passed. Dark Power 4,4,5,3,7,1 (24 x 2 = 48 points). That's not great, but split 50/50 he heals 24 points to htc and htk. Might keep him alive a bit longer. That takes 1 action (2 frames) leaving you with two. Quick Blast takes 1 fr or you need 2 frames to wrap the energy woman up with metal, so your choice.

Calling on the Dark Power to knit his battered body back together, Sentinel turned to his enemies. He could either blast the woman, or use his power to encircle her with metal.

OOC You can use a normal power energy blast (5 points) instead of a quick blast which would do much more damage. The wrapping of metal around her isn't guaranteed to stop a being composed of energy, so it's your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 30 2012, 11:00

Frostbite (after he uses the blast)
60/60htc
48/48htk
3 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 6
Dark power points 4 (4fr with 4 points at 8fr)
15 Energy

Blasting the Frog Man with all his might, Frostbite knew he couldn't afford to mess about!

OOC Attack with Dark power blast of WC8, X8 damage, DD -7, Htk damage, 20m range, 1 action HTK damage. Roll 10,4 + WC8 +DC6=28-17=11 accuracy. x8 damage, dividers reduced to nothing. 88htk, he's still up, but almost hospitalised. Frog Man on 11htk

FWASH!

The Frog Man tumbled backwards, spun by the power of the blast which struck him! His chest smoked and he groaned, obviously in great pain!

OOC A roll of 1 point higher would have hospitalised him, and 2 points higher would have killed him. As it is, he's severely injured and may well think twice about taking Frostbite on. I will assume you stick to your original plan and use your 48 Dark Power points (+44 from Dark Blast) to hammer out a WC5, DD -4, Damage x5, 20m range, 1 action HTK blast at the woman. Roll 9,8 (17) + WC5 + DC6 = 28 - 17= 11 accuracy again. Dividers reduced to 7 (she's partially intangible, grade 1 intangibility). 55 damage /7 = 7 points htk. That leaves Frostbite on 15 Dark power, and Sentinel to use his two frames before bad guys act.

The woman cries out, shouting in German at Frostbite. The computer translated 'I believe she is suggesting that your mother had questionable characteristics, and your father was a ne'er do well. The woman appears to have an extremely low density. Suggest further energy attacks as physical contact will probably be to no avail.'

As they hid from the battling superhumans, the people of London got their first real glimpse of the Vanguard in action. The brave Silver Sentinel who'd risked all to save the crashing ship, the villainous Nazis who sought to bring terror and chaos to England, the heroic Frostbite who'd arrived in the nick of time to help his friend. Flashbulbs popped as the press arrived in ones and twos, drawn out by the battle playing out on the capitals streets. Whichever way the battle went today, it was clear that those witnessing it would never forget the amazing - and terrifying - spectacle of it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 30 2012, 16:22

Admin wrote:Frostbite (after he uses the blast)
60/60htc
48/48htk
3 Hero points
Dark Power Growth 6
Dark power points 4 (4fr with 4 points at 8fr)
15 Energy

Whichever way the battle went today, it was clear that those witnessing it would never forget the amazing - and terrifying - spectacle of it!

OOC:
Ok will see what they do now, if they make an attack against us I will use future frames if need be to parry but otherwise we'll see.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue May 01 2012, 07:27

After he felt his battered body start to knit back together sentinel realised he had a split second to act before this 'Gilda' would finish him of. He sensed she was a powerful opponent that could easily fry him like an egg inside his armour that is unless the cast iron street light that he wrenched out of the cobbles with his powers and was about to strike the back of her head would make any difference.
He never was any good at cricket before but then again he never had a foot wide metal cricket bat before.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 01 2012, 21:12

Silver Sentinel
31/110htc
34/88htk
0 Hero Point
Dark Power XP 1/10
Dark Power growth 5 (after dark power use)
Dark Power level 2
13/15 Energy round 2/5

Sentinel, feeling better, commanded a street light to uproot itself, gesturing with his hands to form an imaginary bat. The streetlamp did the same and swept outwards towards the energy woman... who simply ignore it! The streetlamp glowed where it had gone through her and sagged, bending in half! Connected to the metal, Sentinel 'yelped' and dropped it. The energy had melted the metal! Was she human, or solid, at all?

The Frog Man reeled, hurting and knowing he faced a foe far superior in power to himself, despite his awesome strength. "Gilda! Energiefrau!" he yelled. "Wir müssen gehen!". With that he leapt, an incredible jump that saw him leap up and away! He was already in the sky and heading to land on the top of a building some 200m distant! He would be in the air for seconds, though, as he was already on his upward motion. Frostbite knew with a glance that he could easily catch the fellow.

The energy woman considered blasting Sentinel or Frostbite, then looked at the receding form of Frog Man. With two of their number missing things had not gone to plan. She looked about, saw the burning streets of London, the fire resisting the best efforts of the London Fire Brigade, and turned back to the two Vanguardians. "You have not seen the last of us!" she spat, then soared off, a streak of light that caught up and followed the Frog Man almost instantly!

OOC You win initiative next round and have four frames to act. With the Frog Man in a real mess (that dark power blast will have been the most powerful hit he ever took and it nearly killed him), two of their members MIA and the mission a partial success, they consider running away to fight another day a higher priority than getting their heads handed to them. All about fires burn and people band together, heedless of the peril of air raids as the sirens wail on, hoping to put the fires out. Whatever the Nazis used (an alien version of Napalm thanks to the Skrall) is spreading and proving very hard to put out though. You have injured of your own, with the V-Ship soon to blow unless you do something about it. If it goes off, it will kill the hundreds of civilians who gathered to watch the 'gods' do battle. If nothing else you're guaranteed to make the front page of the Daily Mirror... Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next