The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

3 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 07 2012, 20:12

ooc: Does the guy who is threatening the diplomat have a gun or knife on the man or just has hold of him?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jade Hood and Stone Fist Issue #2 (System Tryout)

Post  Admin Thu Mar 08 2012, 23:22

OOC the agents are using guns. Jade Hood will recover effort points when he attempts an action without using them. He won't recover effort points whilst he's using them. I'm still considering how/when they recover in a play by post format (in tabletop, it'd be a case of recovering them every minute of play with an egg timer or something). I don't want effort points to be something to rely on all the time, like Dark power kind of became in the other game, but that said, they are a very useful tool and do offset the very real chance of getting lousy dice rolls all the time. You also have a hero point apiece. Used to save lives, you are guaranteed to get it back at the end of the adventure (there's one more part to come assuming the characters live that long) and a Hero Point gives a guaranteed double, so well worth saving until you really need it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 08 2012, 23:33

So if I understand you, the "businessman" has no gun to threaten the diplomat with. In that case, Stone Fist leaps for him. Plan to use him as a human shield to keep between the agents our government man is fighting and the diplomat, and rush them using him as a battering ram against them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 08 2012, 23:48

OOC the 'businessman' as well as the disguised old couple, are all agents, and he's holding the agent with one hand, gun in the other. That said, we'll move things on a bit...

Stone Fist made a move as if to right himself and grab hold of a chair, but instead tore the arm off the seat and tossed it across the plane!

OOC 2d10=10 + CS9

It was a poor throw, striking the Diplomat in the stomach and bending him over double with a "HUFF!" as he was winded! The agent was caught unaware, and Stone Fist muttered "sorry" as he leapt at the agent!

OOC 2d10=17 Stone Fist, 2d10=10 Agent

Grabbing the agent, he spun him about, the gun flying from his hand! Though the man struggled, Stone Fist had the strength of ten men, and easily manhandled him into a position as a human shield!

The other Businessman/Agent picked up the scattered gun and levelled it. "Let him go, or else!"

With a side boot to the rear of the fallen Diplomat, Stone Fist sent him tumbling out of site between seats and away from the trained guns! He might not appreciate it, but at least it would keep him alive!

OOC We'll see what Jade Hood does then move this on...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 09 2012, 07:36

Admin wrote:OOC We'll see what Jade Hood does then move this on...

OOC:
Ok can Mary take the stick. Flying the plane kind of limits my actions at this point, but seeing this Mexican stand off also puts things in a bind! If she can take the plane, then I'll get up and throw a throwing star at the Nazi Spies. And follow up with whatever I can to get things back they way we want them to be.

If she panics and can't take the plane, I'll have to stand up throw a star and then get right back to the plane again.

If that is the case I'd better use a hero point as Dave's dice results seem to be frozen with the Frostbite factor.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 10 2012, 23:50

Mary muttered "Me? I... alright..." she breathed. "I can do this" and slid into the blood smeared co-pilots seat with a nod and 'good luck' mouthed at Jade Hood. He stood, pulled a throwing star from an inside pocket, took aim, and released!

OOC The two 'businessmen' tackling Agent Chayne are nearest. Stone Fist has a man hostage, the other 9dressed as an old woman) has the Diplomat hostage. That's a tricky shot, between bodies. Not impossible. You're on 2 effort points now and recovering them steadily. I'll assume you take the easy shot first, one of those on Chayne, because it won't be noticed by the others near Stone Fist. Roll of 10 + CS11 + Martial Arts 5= 26. Bad guy sees CS reduced from a blindside attack (-2) and roll is 11, so it's a hit with 3 accuracy. Strength 3 + 3 Accuracy + 3 Throwing star + roll (14) = 23. Bad guy gets 14 rolled, so takes 9 damage (it's a lethal weapon so Body doesn't slow it down)

Agent Chayne struggled with the two disguised agents before one cried out, arched his back and fell away with a cry! He was alive, but a deadly accurate shot from Jade Hood taken him out! The other, surprised, was even more surprised when Chayne coshed him across the face with his pistol! The agent fell back, dropping his gun, and raised his hands slowly as Chayne covered him. He risked a glance at Jade Hood and nodded slightly, in thanks.

Suddenly Mary shouted "HANG ON!" and Jade Hood turned to shout "NO!". It was too late!

She barrel rolled the plane, but didn't quite finish it off and the plane flew at an angle across the sea! Luggage, broken seats, and bodies, conscious or otherwise, were tossed about like rag dolls! Stone Fist saw his chance, reached out and grabbed an agents leg...

OOC Roll 13 + CS9 + Brawling 3=25. Bad guy roll 5 + CS7 - 2 (blindside) = 10. 5 accuracy plus 5 strength + 1 knuckles + roll 13 = 24 vs roll 12+Body 2. 10 Damage.

He grabbed the leg, yanked the fellow towards him, had a good look to make sure it was an enemy and delivered a crushing punch to the face! POW!

Chayne struggled to stand, then shouted "Enough! Everyone! Hands up!" as he held two guns on... well, anyone and everyone. "Not you." he said to Stone Fist. "Take their guns off them and get the diplomat clear. And ask that crazy broad to straighten the plane! On second thoughts, I can fly this thing. I'll sort it out if you can truss these guys up!"

The agents were dazed and embarrassed, having failed. That said, there were still two of them conscious, so there might be yet some way of figuring out what was going on!

"Say..." said Chayne. "Did anyone see that packet of seeds?"

Everyone looked about at the clothes strewn interior of the plane...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 11 2012, 15:44

Admin wrote:"Say..." said Chayne. "Did anyone see that packet of seeds?"

Everyone looked about at the clothes strewn interior of the plane...

Jade Hood caught a weary glance from Stone Fist, before moving up to truss up all the passengers, starting with the agents, whom he bound hand a foot. As for the other passengers, he suggested that they stay put for the time being.

OOC:
Once we've restored order, I suggest that no one be allowed to out of sight. I also suggest that we search the agents, one at a time, strip search if nothing comes up. Although i'd be worried that they might have swallowed the seeds. With Chanyne on the plane, I suggest Mary keeps an eye on the other passengers whilst Stone Fist and I do the search.

Unless Dave, you've got any other ideas.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 12 2012, 02:55

First lets just make sure that they haven't fallen into a corner or something before the strip searching.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:23

Jade Hood and Stone Fist searched through the plane, high and low, after they'd trussed the agents up. The Diplomat and his entourage, the only 'conventional' passengers on the plane, looked shaken up, but produced a hip flask and quickly calmed his nerves. "Well that was more excitement than I'm usually used to!" he exclaimed. "You've saved me, gentlemen! Whom should I thank?"

Aware that neither of them wore a mask, Stone Fist and Jade Hood figured they'd have to ensure - somehow - they wouldn't be able to be identified if they wished to keep their anonymity.

Mary, hair all over the place and looking flushed from the excitement, excitedly claimed "Found it!" and waved a small packet of seeds about after moving mounds of strewn clothing. The conscious agents instantly glanced in her direction, and tested the strength of their bonds as they tried to escape!

Agent Chayne called back "Not enough fuel ta turn round, guess we need to get back on course! If you guys want to question those goons and find out what this was all about, you'll save me a job! in the meantime... fancy cleanin' up the place, l'il missy?" he asked of Mary.

OOC How you wish to question these guys is up to you, but you may be able to find out a few answers about who is after the seeds, and what they plan to do with them...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:59

Admin wrote:Jade Hood OOC How you wish to question these guys is up to you, but you may be able to find out a few answers about who is after the seeds, and what they plan to do with them...

Jade Hood looked at his friend big, brawny and a whole lot more menacing then he could ever manage. He could fight well enough, but he was smaller, slight and hardly intimidating. Even hanging these men out the door, would take a lot more strength than he could muster. So with a knowing wink to his friend, he moved aside to let him muscle in. Literally.

OOC:
Over to Stone Fist, he can be the bad, bad cop and I'll try and make nice and be the good cop. Not that this will likely yield results without training. We can but try.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 12 2012, 21:35

Stone Fist smiles at the trussed up agents and leans in closely.

"You know," he nods over towards Jade Hood, "he is Oriental. You know those sly dogs know all sorts of torture techniques that we white men have never thought of. Hiding behind that bland emotionless face hides the brain of a devil. We've all heard of bamboo under the fingernails, correct? Well, that's what they teach their little kids! Think what a man trained like he was can do to you!"

"Makes me shudder. I'm thinking of getting in the cockpit and trying to fly this plane while he does ... things to you. I don't have the stomach to sit through that."

He gets up and moves towards the cockpit.

"Let me know when they are ready to talk," he says patting Jade Hood on the shoulder and then looking back at the agents with a sick look on his face.

ooc: Hey, this is the age of Fu Manchu and the Yellow Peril that was in many stories of that age! Ought to work wonders. So you are the bad cop. afro

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 13 2012, 07:26

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: Hey, this is the age of Fu Manchu and the Yellow Peril that was in many stories of that age! Ought to work wonders. So you are the bad cop. afro

OOC:
A HA, didn't know that, ok so lets play this up a bit.

Jade Hood managed to avoid giving the game away as he leaned in and smiled. Not the warm smile of friends, but the sly knowing smile of someone who appeared to be too confident for their own good. The Smile of someone who knew things that decent people, even spies didn't like to think about. That smile was all those things and worse and there it was plastered on the oriental. And worst still he was slowly, slowly coming closer....

OOC:
Ok if what Dave says is true, lets see if I can use this to our advantage and intimidate them by virtue of their ignorance. Hopefully they'll be willing to talk, before my bluff runs out.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 14 2012, 19:36

OOC Aura (your charm, or lack of) is the relevant stat. Stone Fist is better than Jade Hood in that respect, but I've given +1 for JH thanks to the Fu Manchu thing. They have Will of 2 (the more determiend you are, less likely you'll crack). Roll of 11 (JH) + 4 vs Roll of 7 + 2 Will means 2 successes.

One of the agents glances at Stone Fist, then at Jade Hood. "Wait. Hold on. This is about money, nothin' else. I was paid ta get on this plane an' rob that guy when he got off at the other end."

(OOC that's 1 success)

"Wait!" he shouted as Jade Hood made a show of looking for sharp implements. "The statue! That's all I was told ta get! They paid me a hunnerd bucks just to do the job, me an' my buddy there..." (he points to the KO'd businessman) "And..." he sighs "Another 400 when we hand it over! Can you believe that? There's a bunch of 'em gonna be waitin' at the airport. Like you. Oriental."

The other agent, the 'old man' (disguised) sneers.

OOC Rolled 11 for JH, 13 for 'old man' and as a result, check failed. He has 3 Will and isn't so easily scared...

Stripping away some of the 'old mans' makeup revealed he, too, was an oriental. He looked up defiantly at Jade Hood.

"Watcha gonna do wid me?" asked the first man. "I told ya what I know."

OOC sorry not much in the way of update - shower/sack time now. I'll be properly caught up on Friday night, assuming I can stay awake after a 12 hour shift then entertain my son on his birthday when I get home from work... It's just 'one of those weeks' Sad Another week similar to this (next week) to grind through then get more time off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 14 2012, 21:37

Admin wrote:"Watcha gonna do wid me?" asked the first man. "I told ya what I know."

Jade Hood gave a menacing smile, but it was half hearted. In truth he wasn't sure if they could find out any more. But it seemed as if there were two separate groups all after the same statue. And one, if not both were going to be waiting for them when they landed. Assuming they even got down in one piece.

After making sure the prisoners and passengers were secure, Jade Hood told Stone Fist and agent Cheyne what was going on. "What do you think, an ambush at the airport?"

OOC:
Ok think we'd best stay on course for the meantime and try and worry about landing. Anyone you can walk away from and all that. Anything else Dave?

Admin wrote:OOC sorry not much in the way of update - Another week similar to this (next week) to grind through then get more time off.

OOC:
No worries mate, don't be too hard on yourself, apart form me, no one posts as much and I'm cool with real life needing to take precedence. Eps good stuff like birthdays. Have a great day. Speak soon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 14 2012, 22:05

"That assumes we make it to the airport or any airport," Stone Fist said. "After all, our pilot and co-pilot are no longer flying the plane. How far off course did we go with all the stunt flying we have done? If we are lucky, and if one of us knows how to use a radio, maybe we can use that new fangled radio beam to home in on a major airport that I heard some planes are now using, assuming this plane is equipped with such gear. Otherwise, we are flying by compass and landmarks on land and hope we land somewhere safe."

ooc: GLoomy Gus, ain't I?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 17 2012, 00:48

Agent Chayne held up a hand "I'll sort that out. Just watch them. As for what we do when we land... to be honest, if you guys can knock guys out like that we don't have much to worry about! And if not?" he held up his pistol, then set it to one side as he sat in the pilots seat and looked about the cockpit. "Oh boy." he muttered.

=========

Hours later he called Stone Fist and Jade Hood up

Jade Hood watched the trussed up goons and Stone Fist ducked into the cockpit. "We're closing in on our original landing field destination. Radio doesn't seem to be..."

He pulled a pile of torn wires from the underside of the wireless. "Ah. That explains it. Another thing to thank the co-pilot with. Kill the pilot, trash the radio, take the statue, jump from the plane as it crashes into the sea. No loose ends, no cries for help, no witnesses. The perfect accident."

"What's the plan? Land, refuel... Send a telegram to the mainland about this lot. Wait until the authorities get here?" he asked.

Mary spoke up from the passenger area. "We should get to Egypt! Whatever is happening there won't wait for us!"

Stone Fist and jade Hood glanced at one another. The seeds were the key to a potion that could change a man into a super-man! Stone Fist was living proof of that! If it fell into the wrong hands...

OOC Chances are you'll be landing and getting a warm reception. Any plan?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 18 2012, 15:49

Admin wrote:OOC Chances are you'll be landing and getting a warm reception. Any plan?

"We should take precautions, when we land I am sure there will be some sort of welcome committee!

OOC:
Ok unless there is anything else to be done on the flight, I suggest that we work out our plan for landing.

Is it better for them to come aboard, or for us to rush them? Is there any chance we can land and taxi the plan away from where they might be waiting, like come down the runway in reverse so that we're away from the main buildings etc. What do we know about the airport we are going to?

Otherwise in terms of a plan, I think we're just waiting to see if we can get away from the landing first. We perhaps ought not to count our chickens etc. But what does Dave think?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:13

"I'll go out first," Stone Fist suggests. "Then you guys throw out the enemy. That way if there is shooting, I and those folks will take the bullets. Then you come out. Agent Chayne can stay inside and protect the diplomat."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18 2012, 22:31

Chayne shrugs. "They'll have guns but.. the way you two move... I've never seen such fearlessness when a gun is presented in a mans face! The airfield is a hanger and a stretch of grass to land and take off from. Aside from fuelling, there's little reason to stop off. That means that aside from a man or two to check over the plane, there'll be no one else around. The Pilot intended to get off via parachute, these guys clearly weren't working with him - they'd have gone down with the rest of us. A lot o people want what's in that little packet. Any clues you wanna share with me about what this is about, and how come you two.. three are interested?"

OOC How much the pair want to reveal to Chayne I'll leave to you two... Meanwhile...

=========

"Bringing her in" said Chayne, checking settings and approach

He wiped his brow, smiled nervously, and shouted over his shoulder "Coming in for final approach!"

The landing turned out to be safe - but somewhat bumpy! The plane taxied up to the rickety looking hanger building where lights shone through the darkness and lit up a fuel truck driving towards the plane. Chayne stood. "We need to keep an eye on this lot."

Mary peered through the windows. "Can't see much. Fields... trees set back... the big hanger... couple of outbuildings..."

"Place is called Sao Miguel. I think." said Chayne, looking at the charts. "Must be. We're down to a hundred miles of flying and from here, we top up with fuel to continue to Egypt."

Stone Fist
stepped up to open the door, turned back to Jade Hood, nodded, and opened it.

He stepped out onto the grass, the wash from the engines blowing in his face, and looked about. It was too dark to see clearly, and the cut, flattened grass that was the landing strip had taller deeper grass boxing it on each side. He stared out into the darkness, somewhat uneasy at the potential for a sniper to take pot shots... Jade Hood tossed out the first trussed up agent onto the grass. The man landed with a grunt, and Stone Fist hoisted him up without effort, one handed.

"Ola!" shouted a voice from the other side of the plane. A man shouted out in spanish, which Stone Fist couldn't understand. "Fuel, no?" he added, when there wasn't an immediate reply.

OOC Visibility is limited because its dark and clouds cover the moon. Tall grass, and beyond that, trees, offer hiding places for potential enemies. Do Stone Fist and Jade Hood want to see how this plays out or take other action in the meantime?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 18 2012, 22:37

Admin wrote:
OOC Visibility is limited because its dark and clouds cover the moon. Tall grass, and beyond that, trees, offer hiding places for potential enemies. Do Stone Fist and Jade Hood want to see how this plays out or take other action in the meantime?

Jade Hood indicated to Stone Fist that they should check on the engineer offering to fill them up, since he was the only guy around it made sense to make sure he wasn't trying anything funny. Jade suggested he took as look, as neither men wanted anyone to slip into the plane whilst they were busy on the opposite side.

OOC:
Ok so I'll slip under the fuselage and take a look at our fuel filler see if he looks like he is on the up. Keep and eye on him as he fills the plane if he is etc.

As regards to Cheyne I think we should play dumb. Knew the statue might be of value, now know what, but not why etc? But somebody does and that makes it worth keeping close.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:58

"Hello. Gas, yes," Stone Fist said to the man, approaching him. "Anyone else around?"

ooc: As to what we tell agent Chayne. I figure the minimum - special seeds that people want for various reasons. Some think that they are magical and some think they can make people stronger and faster. And all of them do not like the USA.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20 2012, 00:59

Stone Fist approached the man.

"Anyone else around?" he asked.

OOC roll of 11 plus Aura (used when dealing with other people), total 15

Something was wrong. It was warm here, but the man was sweating profusely. He pulled a hose from the truck, smiled at Stone Fist, then gave a momentary glance towards the cab of the truck before pulling the hose towards the plane.

=========

Jade Hood slipped from the plane and under the main body...

He saw Stone Fist approach the man in the fuel truck but looked up, narrowing his eyes.

There! The sweep of grass with the wind was slightly bowed, some 50m or so out in the darkness!

OOC roll of 23 (after a double) for Perception. Jade Hood definitely sees something...

Between the plane and the place where he'd spotted something in the grass was 30m of flattened short grass, then 20m or so of metre high grass, blowing in the breeze... Somewhere in the grass was something that shouldn't be!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 20 2012, 07:39

Admin wrote:Between the plane and the place where he'd spotted something in the grass was 30m of flattened short grass, then 20m or so of metre high grass, blowing in the breeze... Somewhere in the grass was something that shouldn't be!

Seeking to move carefully, Jade Hood snuck out into the field, trying to draw near to whatever was out there to find out what was going on. Why the ground staff were clearly so nervous. Something was amis, and it was big.

OOC:
Ok use a effort point if need be to sneak up slowly on what is going on in the field.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:56

Stone Fist steps forward to examine the gas, to make sure it wasn't watered down or something like that.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next