The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Empty Re: Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

Post  Admin Sun May 22 2022, 06:24

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN with THE INVADERS!

"We can keep blundering about or... we can help the machine explode." said Wonderman with chin in hand.

"WHAT? Are you mad, air breather?" said Namor. Every time he raised his voice his forces bristled and the High Priest rolled his eyes.

"Hear the surface dweller out My Prince." implored the Priest. "I think in his land he may have been a scientist or engineer..."

"Astute." said Wonderman. He turned to Prof Wynde. "Me and Namor have..."

"PRINCE Namor." interrupted the Sub-Mariner.

"PRINCE Namor..." continued Wonderman. "Have been pounding away at the same bit of wall for a while. It's weakening, I know that, but the metal is alien and made to withstand deep space. Before that machine pumps all the water out of the ship and crushes everyone in it like a tin can I think we can jury rig it to explode."

"EXPLODE!" spluttered Namor. "Are you mad, air breather?"

Wonderman rolled his eyes then continued "The pounding we gave that wall AND the explosion might be what's needed to blast through what's left of the wall that just bends and buckles when we heat it but won't break. In fact... I'm sure I pounded an area that seems to be slowing straightening out. Amazing stuff."

"yes, yes, Amazing but what you are suggesting is..." said Namor.

Captain America, fresh from seeing that Bucky and the Atlanteans were restrained but not hurt, swum over. "I'm thinking we should try. What else have we to lose? Meranna says that yellow goop is coming through steadily. It will take a while so we'll die either from the water pumped out, whatever is rumbling exploding or the yellow goop. None of those options seem good to me. I say we find cover behind this machinery and pipework and set that thing to blow. Can you do it Wonderman?"

"Well, I'll pull a few pipes and cables and if that doesn't do anything, I'll punch a hole in it. Something that looks like a pressure release valve or something important until the thing starts to shake. Then head for cover." said Wonderman.

"What do you think?" he asked of Prof Wynde.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Empty Re: Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 22 2022, 11:18

"Let's go for it," Prof Wynde says with a shrug. "What can we lose but before we do it, I want to try blasting it with a mystical bolt. If it can mind control folks that aren't hooked up to it, maybe it can be affected by magic and that could free everyone."

ooc: If someone comes up with a good reason not to try that, then he won't otherwise, he will.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30 2022, 22:26

WONDERMAN and PROF WYNDE with THE INVADERS

Wonderman swum over to the machine and around it, looking for something to yank, break or punch in order to cause it to blow a bit more than a gasket.

The Atlanteans dragged the mind controlled trio behind cover and restrained them whilst Prof Wydne and Meranna ducked behind another machine.

BANG! CRUNCH! BANG!

They saw Wonderman tear at things, pulling stuff, kicking and punching... "I don't think it's working guys it..." he started...

Rrrrrrrrruuuuuuummmmbbbblllllleee!

He glanced back at the machine, gaped and swum as hard as he could for cover...

...getting there just in time that the machine - which could no longer regulate how fast it pumped water/air around - was pumping against seals and containers which strained... stretched... and blew!

KATHHOOOOMMMM!!!

The explosion was deafening and the shock wave sent people reeling despite the cover!

When his head stopped ringing Prof Wynde peered over. There was a black oil in the water and debris floating about. Beyond? A hole in the wall large enough to swim through! More than that, the water was filling with oily bubbles and a deeper, more insistent rumbling was building up!

"Go! GO!" commanded Namor. Prof Wynde scooped up Meranna who'd been concussed by the blast and joined the throng swimming for the hole in the wall!

Once outside the base/ship they kept swimming up for the gap in the sea floor, up and up... behind the group explosions were breaking out of the spaceship, orange plumes of smoke and fire, shock waves... and all was building up to something very big indeed!

Prof Wynde swum for all he was worth. Behind him Wonderman dragged Bucky through the water when the youngster suddenly reeled and said "What?!?" as he came to his senses!

With the last Atlanteans pouring through the hole in the sea floor Prof Wynde spared a glance behind. Below, far below, explosions were ringing out, but oil and that yellow goop were also spewing into the water, rising and heading towards the gap in the sea floor!

Suddenly there was an explosion far below, a BIG one, and everyone was sent reeling!

=========

When the bubbles cleared Prof Wynde looked about. Apart from a few still dazed people everyone seemed ok.

Wonderman swum next to him and they looked at the gap in the sea floor - which was now caved in, sealed!

"I guess that solves that problem. Anyone who survived the blast is buried under the floor of the sea." he said.

Namor came over. "You have done me and my people a great service." he said, gravely. "I may..." He glanced at the High Priest who was arching an eyebrow. "I ... have ... done you a disservice by judging you the same as others who are not honourable and trustworthy as you are. You may count me as... a friend." he said, holding out his hand...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 01 2022, 16:11

"Sure thing," Prof Wynde replies, shaking hands. "Prince Namor, we are going to need all the help we can get. Not just against the Nazis but these time travelling aliens who are trying to help the Nazis win."

He looks over to Captain America and Bukcy as well.

"My current plan, after we make sure enough folks get off the beaches of Dunkirk and get to England, is for Wonderman and I to go to Tibet and get some more super-powered help. You three would be in a great position to form up teams of costumed and superpowered folks to combat the Advent and any super Nazi attacks, in America and in the seas."

"There are a couple more water-types running around, Sub-Mariner, if you could find them and organize them, that would be swell! Or they will be around soon."

"Captain America, you know of a number of costumed folks who have appeared in the last year in the U.S. Superman, Batman, the Shield, Doll Man, the Invisible Hood, Bulletman and others. Let them know what you've seen here and try to get them to form at least some loose groups to gather information and to combat the Advent in the U.S.. America will be joining this war sooner than most folks think and then you will have a free hand to go after Nazis and the Japanese."

Prof Wynde's knowledge of when each person appeared originally isn't too extensive. He just knows that just about every hero who fought in World War Two first appeared mostly between 1938 and early 1942. Water types, he was thinking of The Shark or Shark-Man, though he might be in Tibet, Aquaman and the Fin. There might be others but those are the ones he read about. Literally hundreds of costumed folks popped up in America after 1938 and disappeared just as fast as the war was winding down. Only a few dozen were left by 1950 still active.

He looked around to see if there was anything else they needed to do here. Rescue the mind controlled field workers? Spot any Advent folks who were outside and might still be around? Do some more conversation and planning? If not, see if he can get the Atlanteans to help with the withdrawal at Dunkirk.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 07 2022, 12:56

"Gee Cap!" said Bucky. "What the Prof suggests sounds swell!"

"Remember we are technically deserters Buck!" said Captain America.

"Well.. yeah, sure, but America will get into the war, right?" he asks Prof Wynde. "I mean, we can't let you guys have all the fun!"

Prof Wynde squirmed. The deaths at Pearl Harbour would act as a catalyst but until then America could help only in limited ways though. Many Americans volunteered to fight and got round the restriction by declaring themselves as Canadian citizens with a blanket 'pardon' passed by Congress in 1944. How much dare he tell these brave 'deserters' about his knowledge of the future?

Prince Namor butted in. "I will rally my people. It is time for me to end my one man crusade against the surface world and lead my people. I will ensure that these 'Nazis' and 'Advent' pay for their incursions into my realm but regret my involvement on land will be limited. My strength is sapped over time out of water and my people suffer with even greater reduction in their abilities over a shorter time."

Captain America nodded. "Whatever you can contribute, Prince Namor. Your might may well allow us to turn the situation around!" He turned to Prof Wynde. "Those people you describe. Not all are good. One in Gotham seems to fight fire with fire and calls himself a 'Bat Man'. I'd say that was outlandish but given the current company and what happened to me he probably seems more rational than some of the things I've seen and can do myself. I like the idea of forming them into some 'Society of Justice' where they meet and agree on a course of action and deal with it together."

"Gee! They'd be unstoppable Cap!" said Bucky. "But that name is lame! It should be... the Squadron of All Stars!"

Wonderman cringed. "Well, we'd better be getting back to the beaches. We'll meet again Prince." he said, offering a hand for the undersea monarch to shake.

"Indeed we will Man of Wonder. Perhaps then we shall find out who is the mightiest! In a friendly manner of course..."

Meranna stepped alongside Namor. "I will fight alongside my Prince and perhaps - in time - persuade him that our women be allowed to fight too. Compare to you surface dwellers we are all - as you say - 'super human' and will swell the numbers of any army from the sea!"

Namor is about to object but a glance to the High Priest brings him around and he shrugs. "There is much to ponder. Away!"

The Atlanteans start to leave and Captain America, Bucky, Wonderman and Prof Wynde begin the long slow swim to the surface.

The weed - advised by the high priest - will lose its effects after a gasping minute or so with the imbiber out of water. After that the user is advised to be close to the shore as they will have lost all of their abilities and may end up drowning!

=========

Prof Wynde wheezed, coughing and spluttering as his tortured lungs tried to suck air in.

Wonderman coped far better as did Captain America but Bucky collapsed on the beach and had to be carried.

Some miles away from Dunkirk and the fighting, the group recovered over time. It was dark now and distant BANGS and POPS along with THUDS rang out.

Standing, Captain America held out his hand. "Time to get back to our unit of Canadians! Though Captain America is here illegally in costume Steve Rogers and James Buchanan Barnes are signed up as regular GIs to do our part and hope our country gets into the war. We don't want to be declared MIA!"

"Cap! You revealed our identities!" gasped Bucky.

"I suspect this man already knows them Buck. As for Wonderman, he seems an honest, true type. I trust them both."

"Call me Fred. Fred Carson." said Wonderman, shaking the hands of each in turn. "But not in the company of others. especially whatsername."

There was some confusion at that but the group rose to the nearest hill and looked out.

Dunkirk was still happening. The allies were surrounded and dying in their thousands to fight a rearguard action. From this point though, many miles away, and even in the darkness, the keen eyes of the heroes could see something else. A dot in the sky. Not moving quickly but moving nonetheless towards the area of Dunkirk. At daytime it might not be visible but at night the running lights could be seen - and they didn't care about that it seemed.

"Gee Cap!" gasped Bucky. "You see that? Too slow to be a plane. What do you think it is?"

What indeed...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 07 2022, 19:41

ooc"  stuck some replies inside below.

Admin wrote:"Gee Cap!" said Bucky. "What the Prof suggests sounds swell!"

"Remember we are technically deserters Buck!" said Captain America.

"Well.. yeah, sure, but America will get into the war, right?" he asks Prof Wynde. "I mean, we can't let you guys have all the fun!"

Prof Wynde squirmed. The deaths at Pearl Harbour would act as a catalyst but until then America could help only in limited ways though. Many Americans volunteered to fight and got round the restriction by declaring themselves as Canadian citizens with a blanket 'pardon' passed by Congress in 1944. How much dare he tell these brave 'deserters' about his knowledge of the future?

"I'm sure you will get off with just a few months of KP, Cap.  I hear peeling potatoes and onions is good for the soul," Prof. Wynde replies with a grin, trying to hide the future events from his mind.

Prince Namor butted in. "I will rally my people. It is time for me to end my one man crusade against the surface world and lead my people. I will ensure that these 'Nazis' and 'Advent' pay for their incursions into my realm but regret my involvement on land will be limited. My strength is sapped over time out of water and my people suffer with even greater reduction in their abilities over a shorter time."

Captain America nodded. "Whatever you can contribute, Prince Namor. Your might may well allow us to turn the situation around!" He turned to Prof Wynde. "Those people you describe. Not all are good. One in Gotham seems to fight fire with fire and calls himself a 'Bat Man'. I'd say that was outlandish but given the current company and what happened to me he probably seems more rational than some of the things I've seen and can do myself. I like the idea of forming them into some 'Society of Justice' where they meet and agree on a course of action and deal with it together."

"Gee! They'd be unstoppable Cap!" said Bucky. "But that name is lame! It should be... the Squadron of All Stars!"

"Or an All Winners' Squad," Prof Wynde remarks.  "Or Crime Crusaders Club." [Timely/Marvel's first superhero team, the All-Winners Squad, featuring Captain America, the Human Torch, the Sub-Mariner, the Whizzer, Bucky, Toro and Miss America, starred in #19 (Fall 1946), in a 43-page story in seven chapters. A second, same-length All-Winners Squad story appeared in #21 (Winter 1946/47).[3] from Wiki  Master Comics #41, Aug 1943 only appearance/color]

Wonderman cringed. "Well, we'd better be getting back to the beaches. We'll meet again Prince." he said, offering a hand for the undersea monarch to shake.

"Indeed we will Man of Wonder. Perhaps then we shall find out who is the mightiest! In a friendly manner of course..."

Meranna stepped alongside Namor. "I will fight alongside my Prince and perhaps - in time - persuade him that our women be allowed to fight too. Compare to you surface dwellers we are all - as you say - 'super human' and will swell the numbers of any army from the sea!"

Namor is about to object but a glance to the High Priest brings him around and he shrugs. "There is much to ponder. Away!"

The Atlanteans start to leave and Captain America, Bucky, Wonderman and Prof Wynde begin the long slow swim to the surface.

The weed - advised by the high priest - will lose its effects after a gasping minute or so with the imbiber out of water. After that the user is advised to be close to the shore as they will have lost all of their abilities and may end up drowning!

=========

Prof Wynde wheezed, coughing and spluttering as his tortured lungs tried to suck air in.

Wonderman coped far better as did Captain America but Bucky collapsed on the beach and had to be carried.

Some miles away from Dunkirk and the fighting, the group recovered over time. It was dark now and distant BANGS and POPS along with THUDS rang out.

Standing, Captain America held out his hand. "Time to get back to our unit of Canadians! Though Captain America is here illegally in costume Steve Rogers and James Buchanan Barnes are signed up as regular GIs to do our part and hope our country gets into the war. We don't want to be declared MIA!"

"Cap! You revealed our identities!" gasped Bucky.

"I suspect this man already knows them Buck. As for Wonderman, he seems an honest, true type. I trust them both."

"Call me Fred. Fred Carson." said Wonderman, shaking the hands of each in turn. "But not in the company of others. especially whatsername."

There was some confusion at that but the group rose to the nearest hill and looked out.

Dunkirk was still happening. The allies were surrounded and dying in their thousands to fight a rearguard action. From this point though, many miles away, and even in the darkness, the keen eyes of the heroes could see something else. A dot in the sky. Not moving quickly but moving nonetheless towards the area of Dunkirk. At daytime it might not be visible but at night the running lights could be seen - and they didn't care about that it seemed.

"Gee Cap!" gasped Bucky. "You see that? Too slow to be a plane. What do you think it is?"

What indeed...?

"Don't know but I better find out," Prof Wynde says as he prepares to fly up to the object.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 11 2022, 12:50

OOC Ugh. What a week (night shifts). Managed a couple hours sleep before the ex drops my son off. All being well caught up later today. Looks pretty quiet around here but hopefully it will pick up.

Prof Wynde summoned the air cushion that would carry him and Wonder Man towards the distant dots of light.

"Farewell for now!" shouted Captain America. "We'll meet again! Thanks for everything as well - and it looks like all of us have turned an enemy into a valued ally!" he said with a glance at the sea.

He wasn't to know that, over the years, the Sub Mariner would be reluctant friend and arrogant enemy of the surface world!

"What do you suppose it is Prof? Some new Nazi war machine? We're miles away and its just a dot but... bigger than it should be." shouted Wonder Man over the wind noise. "This must be what its like to fly! The sense of freedom... I'd fly EVERYWHERE if I could!" he laughed.

The laugh - and the smile - wiped from his face as the pair rose higher and higher to get a better look. No problem with the air getting thin - Prof Wynde simply applied more, but there wasn't much he could do to stem the morning chill! He huddled in his cloak whilst Wonder Man remained oblivious to the elements.

Below the retreat on the beaches of Dunkirk was still ongoing with tiny ships bobbing in the waves though from this height and distance they may well be larger vessels like fishing boats.

Closer now, the pair moved through a cloud bank to get a closer look at the object which loomed large even though they were a mile away!

Aircraft of a design not seen by either hero buzzed about and landed on what could only be described as a flying aircraft carrier. Too high up for AA guns and able to hover, the gun bristling monstrosity flew at a decent lick of speed despite its size, maybe 100mph or more.

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Aircraft-carrier

"Great scott!" muttered Wonder Man. "Look at the size of that thing! How on Earth did the Nazis invent the kind of technology that could get something with that weight in the air and keep it flying? That... it just... physics don't seem to apply!"

Prof Wynde knew. He felt the influence of Advent and knew the Aliens were stepping up their efforts to secure a win for the Nazis in World War II!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 11 2022, 14:43

"The Advent is at work again," Prof. Wynde growls.  "That thing isn't supposed to be possible for another 25 years or so!  Though ...."

He looks more closely.

"... then again ... maybe it is possible in this day and age," he says, remembering now the various scientific breakthroughs of the 30s and 40s.  He would have to remember not to start unconsciously thinking that the people of the 30s and 40s were somehow "more primitive" than he was.  That was the way of arrogance.  "Looks more like a super-Zeppelin made into an aircraft carrier than a metal flying aircraft carrier of the future.  It's more like a giant Hindenburg and we know how that went down.  Since America wouldn't let Germany buy helium from our gas fields they had to use hydrogen, bet that thing is filled with the stuff too.  And you know how easily that can burn!"

"The question is how do we stop it?"

He looks over at Wonderman.

"Going to be tough to get near it with all those planes flying cover and their AA batteries.  If it is filled with hydrogen cells, we could light them off and let it crash and burn.  If not, we could try taking out its motors, that's its obviously weak points."

He again looks at Wonderman.

"Um ... how far do you think you can fall and survive?  I'm thinking maybe trying to fly above it and drop you and hope you land on it and can fight your way in and destroy or burn the gas cells?  While I try long range air attacks against it motors?"

"If I ever get some time, I'm going to have to try and learn some more weather magic.  Being able to toss some lightning bolts at those engines would probably do more damage than my normal wind blasts.  Or heck, hailstones, bowling ball-sized hailstones dropped from above would do some major damage to that thing if it isn't armored."

"Or do you have some other ideas on taking it down?"

OOC: And shoot! Wonderman's energy blast/heat vision/lightning vision [forget what we were thinking of giving him] is at level 0 still, I think. Get him level 0 or 1 flight next HP update and more Energy blast too.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 14 2022, 22:00

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN

Wonderman considers and has to shrug.

"Who knows? I've survived so much since you woke me from that cave I guess my limits have been tested and... extended? My adventures with you are far beyond that adventure I had stopping that tin pot dictator with whatsername."

He looked at the airship carrier and nods "You know, it's a sound plan. You can drop me from high up just... don't miss!"

He looked down and gulped. "I mean, miss the carrier and I'm falling another mile or so? I, er, I'm not so sure about that."

The planes buzzed about the airship and seemed to be flying not only very fast but were incredibly manoeuvrable! Prof Wynde got that uneasy feeling that Advent upgrades had changed those into Spitfire beaters, considered the premier fighter plane of the age until the likes of jet engined planes came along.

Closing in, they saw something else, not visible from far away. Tiny dots swooping from the Airship!
Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Flying-stormtroops
Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Jetpack-nazi

"What are those?" asked Wonderman, shouting over the howl of the wind. "Are they... those are ... jet packs? What the...? I've seen the theory but it's all Flash Gordon serial stuff, right? I saw that a few years ago but I see it now and I can't believe my eyes!"

Dozens of jet pack flying Nazis were heading from the aircraft carrier and blasting towards the beaches of Dunkirk!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 16 2022, 00:34

"When it rains, it pours," Prof. Wynde said grimly.  "Okay, I'm going to fly up about a half mile to a mile over the ship and drop you.  Spread your arms and legs as you fall as that will help you guide you on the way down.  Once you pound or sneak your way inside to bust what you can to bring the ship down, I will then try attacking the motors with my wind magic.  Oh, and see if you can get your hands on one of those rocket packs.  It might help you get off the ship if it is burning or falling and let you have a go at the Flying Nazi Men."

ooc:  Both guys have Military Science so that should be enough to know the basics to parachuting/skydiving.
also From the Rocketeer movie 1991, the Flying Nazi Men propaganda film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLyla-hO3xE
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19 2022, 23:08

OOC Rocketeer was cheesy and not as good as I hoped but I loved it anyway!

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN

The pair rose higher and higher in the sky, faster and faster to eventually catch and keep pace with the airship which was travelling at quite a lick given how they traditionally moved through the air like bricks!

OOC Ok so you are effectively taking aim from half a mile away (9APs) and dropping Wonderman onto a target which - from here - looks like a postage stamp!

Military Science will help in this case, as would (artillery) Weaponry. You're pretty much figuring out with distance, speed, wind direction where to drop your 'bomb'. Even so, this will take a decent roll! Because you are matching speed and flying on front of the Zeppelin the only real thing you have to take into account is the distance that WM will drop and hope that he lands on the Zep instead of in front or behind it!

Dex 8 + 2D mil Science + 4d12+0 7,11,11,2+0 = 22 DOUBLE plus 2d12+01,11+0 = 34 (42) vs
OV9 + Trick Shot 4 + 2d12+0 7,8+0 = 15 (28)
Success +5
Dex 8 + 5 (EV13) vs RV9 + Trick Shot 4 (RV13)=0 RAPs. Failed! Like, by the narrowest of margins!

Wonderman gave the thumbs up then dropped like a missile! Prof Wynde had lined everything up right and watched his friend plummet... He was going to do it! He was... he missed.

The Zeppellin seemed to inch forward just before Wonderman got to it and his friend flapped at the tail fins missing by inches, his fingers brushing the lightweight alloy and scraping holes in it but unable to find purchase!

Wonderman was falling!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 21 2022, 22:40

Prof Wynde dives after Wonderman, when he gets close enough, he will use his Air Control magic to blow Wonderman back up to the flying ship. He's tough enough that he can take the wind buffetting.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28 2022, 14:27

OOC Apologies for the delay. Mostly all work related. Every day is 12+ hours from getting up and out to getting back in the house and leaves little time for food, sleep, chores etc, then throw in the Girlfriend and Kids into the mix and... well, you get the idea.

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN...

...who is falling!

Prof Wynde gathered the air up and whisked himself down at speed towards his flailing friend, who'd gone from trying to angle and steer his body to flapping his arms about in an effort to avoid the inevitable!

OOC Air Control 11 + Accuracy 4D + 6d12+0 12,4,5,6,12,11+0 = 24 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 10,6+0 = 40 (51) vs
OV3 (weight) plus range 6 (reduced to 3 from T Vision) + 2d12+0 3,3+0 = 6 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0
5,9+0 = 20 (26) Success +7
EV11 + 7 (EV18) vs RV3=15 RAPs.

Prof Wynde gathered his friend up a little too well and he heard a distant "ooof!" then a "Whoaaaah!" as he scooped Wonderman up and deposited him on the back tail of the enormous zeppellin!

Floating down close to him and creating a bubble of 'calm air' so they could talk and not get blown off the vehicle the pair considered their options.

"If this thing goes down any village or town underneath it will be showered in death!" exclaimed Wonderman. "Thanks for the save by the way. Up close I thought 'how did he miss' but from where you let go it was like hitting a postage stamp across a football field."

Prof Wynde was about to answer when he saw distant dots in the sky turning and heading back to the Zeppellin. Zooming in with his telescopic vision he saw they were Nazi 'Rocket Rangers' and they were heading back to the great blimp whilst pulling out decidedly futuristic looking rayguns!

Prof Wynde had to figure they had some kind of sensors more advanced than radar because they were - in theory - too small to detect.

Whatever it was, the 'Rocket Rangers' (OOC or RR from now on) were heading back towards the heroes - fast!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 30 2022, 02:04

"We are going to have to hope that any villagers have already fled the area," Prof. Wynde said grimly while staring at the Rocket Rangers. "You go inside, if this is a hydrogen-filled Zeppelin punch the bags and start a fire, burn the ship up. If not, bust the fuel lines and tanks and smash the engine controls. I'll try to keep the Rocket Rangers busy while trying to destroy the propellers."

actiions: If the RR's are far enough away he can get in one blast of the a couple of propellers on one side of the ship, he will blast them with the Wind Blast. If not, he will blast the closest 3 or 4 to him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 11 2022, 17:20

OOC Nearly there (in terms of getting back to normality). I have work exams tomorrow (which I have to pass in order to keep my job) then can breathe a sigh of relief. Applied for a new job last week, took a while to get the CV together but got it sent. Anyway, all being well I can find some time to update regularly from tomorrow, fingers crossed.

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN

Wonderman cringed. "Well, I guess being this close to the front we're as likely to land on Germans than French villagers, but I'd hate to think... ah darn it. No time to think!"

He looked about for a way in then rolled his eyes and stamped his foot down hard! He vanished through the thin metal membrane - Aluminium Prof Wynde suspected - and into the innards of the Zepellin!

Prof Wynde considered the most likely targets but figured the best bet would be to target the incoming Rocket Rangers as they'd be there in moments equipped with Advent supplied ray guns or whatever...

OOC No multi attack penalty - it affects all in the area like Superbreath...

Air Control 11 + 6d12+0 10,3,2,2,8,5+0 = 18 (considered that better than a low double) (29) vs
OV6 + 2d12+0 1,11+0 = 12 (18)
Success +5
EV11 (16) vs RV7 (Speed of rocket packs)=9 RAPs. Success!

ALL of the Rocket Rangers suddenly find their jet engines sputtering out as a powerful gale force wind blows 'out' their jet packs and sends them tumbling half a mile distant! Prof Wynde notes with some satisfaction that the dots sprout parachutes and will no longer be an issue for the moment!

OOC Dive inside to help Wonderman or take precautions that the Zep doesn't come down on a village?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 11 2022, 18:53

Prof Wynde decides to try to destroy the propellers on one side of the Zepplin. That way, it could spiral down in a somewhat controlled crash before Wonderman sets the hydrogen off. And if necessary, he could try to blow it with his wind magic in one direction if it looks like it might smash into an occupied village.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 19 2022, 08:29

PROF WYNDE and WONDERMAN

Moving over to where the propellers are Prof Wynde puts the full power at his command to reverse their direction!

OOC Air Control 11 + Accuracy 4D + 6d12+0 11,1,4,8,2,11+0 = 22 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 4,2+0 = 28 (39) vs
OV10 (speed of propeller, translates into 6APs zep speed through the air) + 2d12+0 8,2+0 = 10 (20)
Success +6
EV11 +6 (EV17) vs RV10=7 RAPs. Success.

Despite not slowing the propellers down completely it's a simple matter for Prof Wynde to blow air so hard at the bank of propellers on one side that the motors are turning against themselves and overheating in moments! With smoke pouring out of them they sag to a stop and the zepellin immediately starts listing to the side!

Meanwhile, Wonderman hops from frame/strut to strut/frame and marvels at the enormous size of this thing! Of course most of it is empty - the things and people it carries are on the outside whereas it's method of defeating gravity is on the inside...

With that in mind Wonderman rips off a metal frame spar and simply 'pops' the gas bags as he goes...

Outside, Prof Wynde sees the zepellin turning hard in the other direction AND nose diving!

Though he'd cleared the sky of Nazi Rocket Rangers there were a few planes buzzing about and he heard them whining as they executed high speed turns. No doubt their radio chatter was frantic, listing the faults as they occurred and insisting an external problem to blame!

Prof Wynde glanced at the hole. His friend was still inside the zepellin. If this thing went up, would Wonderman survive?

Bullets zinged near him... Despite shooting at or near their own zep the pilots seemed determined to take down the flying man in the brightly coloured costume!

OOC you have two planes on you. A couple more are circling up and around the zep and more still are trying - and failing - to get off the flight deck on top of the zep. They set off... then fall to the side and tumble end over end to their doom in the French countryside below!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 20 2022, 18:13

Prof Wynde stays on the Zep and sends a couple of wind blasts at the two planes willing to shoot down their own Zep to get him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 23 2022, 11:40

PROF WYNDE

With the Zepellin listing hard to one side the planes close in... it seems someone sent a message because the 'warning shots' end and the planes swoop in to dive at Prof Wynde without spraying their own zepellin with bullets.

That doesn't stop Prof Wynde responding... in kind!

OOC Air Control 11 + 4D Accuracy + 6d12+0 9,5,9,6,5,2+0 = 18 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 11,5+0 = 34 (45) vs
Speed of planes 7 +
2d12+0 11,6+0 = 17 (24) Success +6 (EV17 vs RV7=10 RAPs)
2d12+0 3,2+0 = 5 (12) Success +8 (EV19) vs RV7=12 RAPs)

Suddenly both planes pause in the air... and are flung backwards! They tumble end over end and though Prof Wynde can't hear it, desperate cries go out over the radio!

Satisfied that the planes are getting the message - distant dots turn and head away - Prof Wynde turns to the matter at hand.

He can see fields and buildings below ... and the trickling line of armoured vehicles! There was a good chance this thing could land on the village or on the armoured convoy!

Inside Wonderman tears metal struts and support wires with his hands like they are made of paper!

========

Meanwhile, distant...

(OOC translated from German)

"The message was sent in a panic, but there is no mistaking!" said the German Officer, apparently a Major. He tossed the sheet of paper on his desk.

The three powerfully built figures - two men and a woman - stood on the other side of the desk bristle.

"This is the chance we have been waiting for!" hissed one. "We go at once and stop these Britishers! They are said to be powerful, unstoppable! We will show them!"

"Her... Mächtiger Krieger..." said the Major, chewing over the codename. "I appreciate that you have authority in such matters but surely your efforts are best guided towards..."

"Major!" barked 'Mighty Warrior'. "Understand this. We are here as much to boost morale as turn away the efforts of the British ubermensch! There are said to be two in particular who appear wherever they are most needed, as if guided from some higher power! We need to crush that myth and capture them, to parade them as a propaganda tool. If we do that, we show that no matter who goes against us, no matter how powerful... we will crush them! It will speed their surrender. The Fuhrer declares it so!"

The Major paled, loosening his collar.

"Of course, but Captain Nazi and..."

"Pah! This new serum and the equipment granted by our otherworldly allies grant us power even beyond that blowhard! He was summarily defeated on more than one occasion! If he shows up, guide him to the British supers location. He can witness how a true German 'Super' man accomplishes what the Fuhrer demands!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jul 23 2022, 15:13

"Okay, looks like this ship is doomed," Prof Wynde says as he surveys the surrounding area. "Let's see if my magic is strong enough to guide this falling brick onto the convoy and miss the village. I bet the jolt from my wind blasts will signal to Wonderman that he needs to get out of the Zep."

actions: Attempt to guide the falling Zep onto the convoy or at least not land on the village using his wind magic.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 29 2022, 22:07

Wonderman ignores the bullets ringing out. Single shots, accurate but useless against skin that could deflect the shot from a battleship!

He noted that the crew he'd come across were fliers rather than soldiers or anything 'super'.
Almost gleeful, Wonderman whizzed up close to the germans, batted the weapon from their hands or simply crushed it and gave a contemptuous slap to the unfortunate who sought to crack his skull with the butt of his rifle!

Shooting at point blank range the Nazis found their bullets flattening against the American! Striking left, right, all about, he laid out crewmen where he found them then felt the Zepellin lurch again. Frowning, he wondered 'what now' but then figured Prof Wynde had some plan in mind.

Then he saw something that piqued his interest. "Huh. Weird." he muttered.

=========

Prof Wynde kept up a serious blast of wind and steered - as best as could be described about this lame duck of a sky vessel - through the air.

"What gives?" shouted Wonderman above the roar of the wind. "I thought we wanted this thing out of the air!"

Prof Wynde pointed at the village, then at the distant dot where he saw the axis armoured column.

"Can't see anything, your eyes are better than mine pal!" shouted Wonderman. "I'll take your word for it." he added after Prof Wynde explained.

"What you make of this?" he said, holding up a brick shape block of wood, metal and glass. It looked like a compass with a needle rotating to settle on North... and a second, red, needle pointing to the south and east!

"Last I knew, there was only one north pole." said Wonderman. "Where that red needle is pointing though... who knows?" He looked back in that direction, seeing clouds and fields, villages and other dots on the landscape.

"We need to find out. It's a big deal I reckon. I mean, why have a needle pointing almost opposite of the direction you are going... unless that's the place you want to head back to at some point?" shouted Wonderman.

The zeppellin was listing badly now and the pair saw some parachutes opening below. Now Wonderman could see convoy and gave the thumbs up. "This thing is a flying grenade! We need to be away from it when it goes up! What say we head south with this thing and see where it leads us?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 29 2022, 23:29

"Since the village is safe and I don't see any other Nazis Supers around," Prof. Wynde replies, "I guess going to check this thing out wouldn't be such a bad idea. You want me to "Fly" you there or you want to run and jump yourself?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 05 2022, 23:58

"Flying, definitely!" laughed Wonderman as the Zepellin listed onto its side and started plummeting down towards the Nazi armoured column.

Examining the compass device, Wonderman shrugged. "There's no way of telling how far this thing has come. Might be an hour or two, maybe more."

A huge explosion of billowing flame and pulsing fire rang out a mile or so below and away, but the heat given off could be felt in a wave from here!

"I can't feel bad for those guys. Something tells me these 'Nazi' guys ain't going to remembered as nice people." muttered Wonderman as the pair soared away.

=========

The costumed Nazis landed amidst the charred rubble along the road and the torched vehicles.

Many of the soldiers had seen the incoming Zep and run for cover. Some had made it. Others had been cooked inside their vehicles.

Overall, it was a disaster.

(OOC Translated) "How did this happen? We have air superiority! Some failure of the equipment?" said one, a woman. Her normal haughty expression was replaced by one of shock and dismay.

A huge, six and half feet tall, Aryan 'superman' in costume/uniform scowled before answering. "Perhaps. More likely it is that the Allies Super Agents have had a hand in this. Captain Nazi described one in particular. Outlandishly dressed with a turban but possessing an eldritch power that seared the soul and bypassed any protection that would normally laugh off bullets and bombs. Such a foe cannot be taken lightly. We must hunt him down and find a way to harness his power for our own."

"Given time, he can be turned, to our cause." said a snivelling, weak chinned Nazi in costume like the others.

The tall one hid his distaste - almost - and considered. "Perhaps. If your power can work on him he would be a valuable asset."

"And what of the other, his companion, this... Man of Wonder?" asked the woman.

"Our spies indicate he is another super who can throw tanks around." said the tall man. As if to demonstrate, he gripped the gun of a torched tank and lifted the wreck off the floor, only for the gun to bend with the weight/strain. In disgust the Nazi kicked the tank away, and it crashed/tumbled across a torched field some one hundred feet or more away!

"We have enough of those. He dies. First, we must find them." He turned. "Jager!" he yelled.

Though he wore a uniform, another Nazi looked feral, untidy, as if he lived rough - which he did unless forced not to by his superiors.

He was sniffing about, looking around.

The woman spoke up. "How can a scent be found in... in this?"

"He does not track scents. It is something else. The scientists say it is a life aura he can sense and can follow such a thing anyway. I do not believe it so, but lack the scientific knowledge to explain what it is he can do. He just seems to find the direction to travel in, and of course we have all seen how fast he runs, and how tireless he seems to be."

Jager, or 'Hunter' looked around. His eyes glowed and he changed direction, looking south. And up.

He started to run off with a word.

A Nazi Colonel, deeply uncomfortable with the scene and the 'Ubermensch' he was to defer to, stepped forward. "Well? What results can I report to Berlin?"

The big man turned, looking down. He noted the soldiers who were the Colonels escort tightened their grips on guns as he walked forwards and the Colonel stepped back a touch, looking sweaty.

"Tell Berlin we will find the Zauberer (Sorcerer) and drag him back in chains to pay for what he has done."

"And if you fail?"

The Ubermensch snorted with laughter and leaned in. "We will be dead. We do not fail. We do not like being questioned either..." he said, eyes glowing.

"I... of course... I offered no insult, merely to..."

The Nazi supers had already turned away and formed into a circle where one of them chanted, bidding the others hold hands.

They vanished!

=========

Several hours later.

The compass adjusted slightly and so did the heroes. They were in the South of France now and over the tops of forests heading towards mountains with the compass veering off to point towards the Pyrenees.

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 4 Getty-Images-545876095-59b71fb603f4020010db63b2

Though the beautiful scenery took the breath away, the pair couldn't see anything obvious about where the compass was leading them.

OOC Are you looking at ground level, somewhere in the mountains or above? The compass seems to get to a certain spot then start to whirl about...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Aug 06 2022, 01:34

Once they got to the area of where the compass just spun around, Prof. Wynde dropped Wonderman to the ground while he stayed in the air. Between the two of them, he hoped they could find ... whatever it was the compass led them to. He also used his mystic sense to see if what they were looking for was mystical in nature.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16 2022, 17:37

OOC See how many replies I can get through before I have to hit the sack for a 3am alarm call!

Prof Wynde saw his friend land safely in a crouch and started to look about.

Aside from the glorious scenery, there was nothing here, to see at least!

Wonderman spent several minutes looking at ground level, even stamping his foot to check for a false floor! Aside from WHUMP, WHUMP from his foot and birds flying from trees a quarter mile away as a result, the search revealed nothing!

Prof Wynde flew up, looking about. The compass in his hand was spinning. What...?

Just then he smelt something strong in the air. Ozone.

The sky above was clear, but he could have sworn the feeling felt the same as before a thunderstorm!

The smell got stronger and the wind whipped up...

Suddenly a loud crackling sound rang out and a light formed in the air, bright and blinding... and flat. It was as if a two dimensional doorway of energy - huge as well, more than five hundred feet long and as wide - had opened up in the air and was rising steadily... revealing the bottom part of another zeppelin as it rose, inch by inch!

It was slow in rising and would take minutes to complete. From above the hero could see nothing, but from the side he could see the long bright line and the beginnings of the bottom of the zeppelin, identical to the one they'd downed!

It was being transported here from somewhere else via a portal of some kind!

Prof Wyndes' mind whirled. This place, here, somewhere deep in the mountains, was being used to transport the weapons of war from Advent to the Nazis int he past! As it rose the future technology would vanish from the future and appear in the past!

Wonderman waved to get his friends' attention. "I see it but I don't believe it! Do we ... sabotage the zep, or try and go through the glowing gate? Where does it go? Will we survive the trip?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next