The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Feb 05 2022, 14:56

ooc: Wasn't sure but the ship corridors are filled with water, correct? So my wind powers are still no good. If there was air here instead, I was going to try to send gusts of wind down each corridor and see which gust sort of dissipated by coming out into a larger open area like one might expect an engine room to be like.

"Maybe this is like a snail's shell and it circular," Prof. Wynde said to Wonderman. "Let's try and see. Um ... shells go counterclockwise I think. So let's go left and see if it is true here, staying left until find something or find our way back here."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!"

Post  Admin Sun Feb 06 2022, 10:26

The pair continued left, moving around the vessel/base in a counter clockwise direction.

When they came to a doorway, it was sealed and only running a finger over it (and the shadows cast by the low glow of lights set in the floor) revealed its presence.

"This is a wild goose chase." muttered Wonder Man. "Right now those lobsters will be charging back here. They'll be shaking their buddies awake... Let's face it. Unless we can figure out where our friends are, now, it's just a matter of time before they surround us..."

"Isn't there anything you can do? Some magic or doodad you carry to figure out where they are?"

The pair were stood in a corridor full of water and no doubt (in Prof Wyndes' mind) that whatever aliens were left in this base knew they were here. The only reason he could figure out they'd not been attacked by Lobsters or any other monstrosity was that the bulk of them must have poured out to the kelpie fields to investigate their crops of seaweed and slaves...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Feb 06 2022, 11:11

"Let's try opening this door and see if we can find someone," Prof Wynde suggested. "Maybe we can get them to show us to our comrades."

He tries to see if there is any button or sensor that would open the door. If none found, then steps back to let Wonderman have a try at smashing it open.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 08 2022, 00:07

Prof Wynde scanned about and saw... nothing.

With a frown he looked about. There were no obvious ways into the room!

Maybe the aliens had something on their person or in their person like an implant of some kind that gave access to rooms, maybe restricting some staff and allowing entrance to others.

Wonder Man looked it up and down, pressed the edges where the faint frame outline was visible and shook his head. "If I crunch through this door whatever is behind will be flooded with high pressure water. Some of the rooms we checked out earlier must have been Lobster Men rooms. Others were ... well, washed out, anything delicate crushed and disintegrated beyond useful status..."

He sighed. "There MUST be something on this ship we can use to give us some clue, some..." he shook his head. "The Yogi gave me powers and abilities beyond those of ordinary men. Unfortunately that didn't extend to being able to sense things out of the ordinary or give me clairvoyance to know what was the right course of action to take."

"We could split up I suppose, but if either of us run into too many aliens... we might end up with those helmets on and be like the others, harvesting the kelpie and allowing the aliens to build their underwater army!"

OOC Is there anything else Prof Wynde could try...? Something on his character sheet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 08 2022, 21:54

ooc: Can't think of anything on my character sheet that would work. Dispersal might have been an option but it only works in the air and we are underwater. There might be air on the other side of the door but not where he is now.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:36

"We may just have to batter down these doors," Prof Wynde replies, "unless we can think of something else. I have no way of passing through them and besides, most folks here, unless they are Nazis, will be able to breath the water. I hope. Can you think of another way to do this?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 15 2022, 08:57

Wonder Man pondered for a moment. "Can't you... sense where our friends are? Some kind of spell? Or does that only work with specific things?"

Several minutes had passed now and the pair - whilst making decent progress through the labyrinthine ship/base - weren't at their best, having to swim.

The lobster men would be getting to the kelpie field, finding their downed comrades and rushing back.

Soon this place would be crawling with steel snipping claws and tank like lobster men!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 15 2022, 11:05

"I can only sense magic and since none of our friends carry magic items on them or are magicians, I can't sense them.  These Advent clowns aren't magicians either, though ... maybe some Nazis have some magic items on them, so I will see if we can find magic Nazis."

Magic Sense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 17 2022, 16:22

Prof Wynde concentrated, knowing it was hopeless.

And he detected magic. Not an object, someone.

Almost instantly a voice 'appeared' in his head and he envisaged a pair of eyes, narrowed, staring at him.

"You sense me. Who are you? Are you like these invaders who have enslaved my people? You'll get nothing from me! I close my mind to you!"

The voice cut off, abruptly, but Prof Wynde could sense the persons' aura as if the walls were transparent. Not so far away, a floor down and 100 yards to the front and right from where the hero stood!

It could be a trap. It could be just as dangerous as the aliens that hunted them, but it was something...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Feb 17 2022, 18:22

"Sockamagee! We got a mage here in this place," Prof. Wynde exclaims, totally surprised to have sensed him or her, "sounds like a captive but could be a trap for us. It's this way!"

Prof Wynde looks for a stairway down, they must have passed at least one in their rambling through this level.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 21 2022, 18:06

The pair swam through flooded corridors and after inspecting several doorways - and finding most sealed - opened one to reveal a flooded stairwell with stairs wide and adapted for Lobster Men and who knew what else.

"You sure about...?" asked Wonder Man, glancing about up and down to see the stairs go up as well as down. Vital minutes had ticked away and the hero was mindful that the Lobster Men would be on their way back.

Then he saw Prof Wynde fair racing down the steps with hops that floated him through the water to land half a dozen steps down every time.

"Pretty sure." he admitted.

At the bottom of the stairwell, a door.

Wonder Man arrived next to Prof Wynde. "There were doors off at a couple of levels that we passed pal. Are you sure...?"

Prof Wynde was sensing the mage again. No contact but the source of magic was on this level and not far away. Fifty yards or so. The problem was that prisoners tended to be guarded. Opening this door might reveal their presence...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Feb 27 2022, 00:06

"Through here, my mystic senses tell me that who we want is through here," Prof. Wynde tells Wonderman. "However, there may be guards. So why don't you go first and bash them if there are any and I will try using my mystic bolts on the ones you miss. Again, if any are there. We want to make sure that they do not set off any alarms, so hard and fast."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 28 2022, 11:18

Wonder Man nodded and moved to the door, opening it a crack.

"Yup. Lobster Man and something else."

OOC it's supposed to be a 'seaweed man' but looks like someone needs a trip to the hair dresser...

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 2 Seaweed-man

Wonder Man burst into the corridor and started swimming down it towards the guards! On reflection Prof Wynde figured there might have been a more subtle way to do it but the guards would have to have been blind - or Wonder Man invisible - not to see him! Even with Wonder Man's expanding repertoire of abilities that was beyond him, for now!

The guards started forward, the 'seaweed man' flowing in a way that suggested this was it's natural environment!

OOC Initiative... The bad guys get a bonus because they will see Wonder Man coming...

Lobster Man 18 (8/4/6) + 5 + Roll(1d12)+0: 5,+0 Total:5 (28)
Seaweed Guy 19 (10/2/7) + 5 + Roll(1d12)+0: 7,+0 Total:7 (31)
Wonder Man 26 + Roll(1d12)+0: 8,+0 Total:8 (34)
Prof Wynde 25 + Roll(1d12)+0: 1,+0 Total:1 (26)

Despite the distance between the two groups of combatants Wonder Man was able to close it down and take a swing at what he considered the biggest danger - that hulking Lobster Man and those steel shredding claws!

OOC Wonder Man goes for it!

Dev Attack!

AV12 + 3D M Arts (0D Defence) + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,8,1,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
5,3,+0 Total:28 (40) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,12,+0 Total:13 (29) Success +5
EV13 +5 (EV18) vs RV14 - 12 Dev Attack (RV2)=16 RAPs. The Lobster Man is DOWN and OUT with 9APs (30 mins) 'over the top' so he's down for 1 1/2 hours

With a terrific surge and POW! that Prof Wynde felt pulse through the water, he saw his friend send the Lobster Man reeling!

The Seaweed man seemed to flow through the water... and around Wonder Man!

OOC Snare attack! The Seaweed Man is seeking to restrict Wonder Man's movement (Trick Shot) AND strangle him (Trick Shot).

AV15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 (36) vs
OV12 + Restrict 4 + Strangle 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (37) Missed! Just!

"Yow!" exclaimed Wonder Man, his mouth open but the 'words' appearing in Prof Wyndes' head as thoughts. "This thing is FAST! Whatever it's trying to do to me can't be good!" but the hero still managed to just about avoid the swirling grasp of the near insubstantial enemy!

OOC Prof Wynde is up. Do you want to close the distance (and become a potential target next round) or hang back? You will suffer range penalty AND a penalty because this thing is all over Wonder Man. In addition if you miss you might strike your buddy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Feb 28 2022, 15:01

ooc: That looks like The Heap from Airboy comics.

Moving closer, to nullify his range penalties, Prof. Wynde lets loose with a mystic blast at normal power so if he does hit his partner, he won't be out as long.

"Aserath, Metreon, Zynthos! Blast my foe!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 01 2022, 13:28

OOC No idea where it came from. Looks like cousin It.

Prof Wynde swum close up to where his friend was battling the entangling creature and let loose with a blast!

OOC magic Blast 11 + 4D accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,12,5,7,9,4,+0 Total:21 (32) vs
OV7 + trick shot 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (26) Success +3
EV11 +3 (EV14) vs RV9=5 RAPs

The creature is down to 4/9 Spirit.

With a roar the creature spun in the water and raced at Prof Wynde!

Roll(3d12)+0:
12,11,7,+0

Seaweed Guy 19 (10/2/7) + 12 (31)
Wonder Man 26 + 11 (37)
Prof Wynde 25 + 7 (32)

Wonder Man tries to grab the creature as it goes by...

OOC CRIT BLOW Av12 + 3D M arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,11,9,7,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
4,6,+0 Total:28 (40) vs
OV14 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (35) Success +3
EV13+3 (EV16) vs RV11 - 6 Crit Blow (RV5)=11 RAPs. The creature is DOWN and OUT

With a cry the creature succumbs as Wonder Man grabs it, swings it round and mashes it into the corridor floor! It goes limp and after a couple of nudges becomes clear the creature won't get up soon.

"Nasty critter." mutters Wonder Man.

The pair turned to the double doors.

"Locked, sealed, made of metal." admitted the hero. "I'll bet every alarm in the place will go off if I break through these. There's a control panel to the side there but it's all squiggles. Wanna try that or the old..." he punched a fist into a hand "Wonder Man way?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 01 2022, 22:12

"Let's see if I can decipher it first," Prof. Wynde suggests.

ooc: Mystic sense again to make sure we are heading the right way then see if Comprehend Languages will help out. What I wouldn't give for electronic lockpicking skill right now. Laughing
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02 2022, 12:13

OOC Comprehend Languages 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 (25) vs
Alien Language 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (20) Success + 3
EV12 + 3 (EV15) vs RV12=3 RAPs.

For 30 seconds Prof Wynde can read this alien language!

"Let's see. Ah!" said Prof Wynde, moving his finger down and selecting a squiggle.

"Wait! Shouldn't we consult first on..." started Wonder Man

SWISH!

The doors pulled apart smoothly and the pair were stood at the entrance to a prison block of sorts. The 'cells' were what looked like glass walled but opaque so as not to be seen through.

Dark shapes were in some of them near the end of the corridor. There were no other guards about.

"What did you press?" asked Wonder Man, casting about nervously.

"Open!" said Prof Wynde. "I think." he replied.

The pair moved down the corridor and paused at the first cubicle. Prof Wynde had been monitoring the magic source and whatever was giving it off was in here!

Pressing 'open' again the 'door' to the glass cubicle first turned clear revealing a prisoner - Atlantean - trussed up and with all manner of metal tubes, pipes and gizmos attached to his head. He was slumped forward on a stood up gurney, sagging against metal cuffs/restraints.

"You will... never... break me..." he muttered, drool running from his mouth. "I am... a Shaman of... the high order of... Atlantis!" he said, head raising to see through blurred eyes to his 'tormentors'.

Pressing the same button on the other darkened cubicles revealed half a dozen Atlanteans - presumably whom had somehow resisted the standard mind control - and the Invaders! Captain America, Bucky, Meranna! All were unconscious and 'wired' up to the machines as the Atlanteans were!

Pressing another button opened the door and Prof Wynde looked about before stepping in.

"You may... as well... kill me!" hissed the old blue skinned man. "I will never... stop ... fighting you, you devils!" It was clear he couldn't see much through battered near shut eyes...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 02 2022, 18:30

Still a bit amazed at how much younger and much more of a commanding presence Captain America and the younger still Sub-Mariner had than he did, Prof. Wynde examined how the mystic Atlantean was hooked up. He tried to comprehend the control board to see if it would automatically unhook whoever was in the device or if he and Wonderman would have to do it manually.

"Easy Old Timer," he said as he examined the device. "We're the good guys, here to save everyone. Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner almost likes us and he is down this row of cells just a bit further than you. He can vouch for us once we get you out of this contraption."

ooc: By my reckoning, the Sub-Mariner is a teenage between 16 and 18 years of age. He ages a bit during Timely Comics run of his adventures so he is in his early 20s when the series ends on the 50s. Cap on the other hand, was probably 17-18 years of age when he started trying to enlist. So he is probably 18-19 years old at the time of this adventure. People forget that WW 1 & 2 were mostly fought by young folks. 25 was considered old by many troops during that time.

So, comprehend languages and if that doesn't work try having Wonderman use his scientific knowledge to figure out how to get everyone safely out of their contraptions.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 14 2022, 20:38

OOC Yeah, game stats don't usually cover the early/mid/peak careers of heroes in the various games. In DC heroes/Blood of Heroes terms I guess -1/-2 APs on the Mental/Mystical stats might cover the various periods through the heroes career. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I ever had one of my characters improve a Mental or Mystical stat. Mostly it was Dex, Dex and more Dex.

For me, I'd like it (quite a lot) if Dex was split every round. You'd have to allocate points to Initiative/Defence/Attack before Initiative was rolled. Ordinary people with 2 across the board would have 4 Initiative (0 from Dex) and 1 to Attack, 1 to Defence in combat, or 2 to defence generally. Soldiers would go gung ho and throw all their points into Attack as required. Maybe it's something we can try out to give a little more strategic play without too much (if any) extra crunch.

With his ability to read the language of the alien machinery - where labelled - Prof Wynde found it childs' play to press a sequence of keys that had lights flashing...

Wonder Man frowned. "I sure hope you know what you're doing buddy..." He looked at the machine above the old man and saw cables retracting into the wall. The tubes and pipes jutting from the old mans' body hissed and popped before withdrawing, leaving sore looking implants still in the skin.

Wonder Man moved to the door to keep an eye out as Prof Wynde eased the old man from the restraints and set him down gently.

"You are either... a sea devil, come to torment me... or ... or an answer to my prayers! Poseidon? Have you answered my cries?" he spluttered.

Prof Wynde calmed him, making the man comfortable and moved to the others. Captain America, Bucky, Prince Namor and Meranna as well as the other Atlanteans who were captive. All eased from the shackles and Prof Wynde called Wonder Man over to help.

Minutes later Prince Namor, the Sub Mariner, opened his eyes. He started, sitting up, then saw Prof Wynde and looked around. "You... you have rescued me?" he looked at Captain America and Bucky who were just coming to and the other Atlanteans including the old man. "This outrage shall not go unpunished!" said the Prince as he stood on shaky legs. Wonder Man helped him stand but the haughty Prince shook him off. "I need no surface dwellers' aid!" he declared.

Captain America called out "Your highness, these men just saved your... ALL our lives! I think a little gratitude might be in order! If you are to be a King, and not a Tyrant, then humility and wisdom must surely be attributes that..."

"Silence!" roared Namor. "You are in the presence of Imperious Rex! I should strike you for your Impude..."

"Namor!" barked the old man Prof Wynde had freed. "Your arrogance is colossal!"

"Who dares...? Ach! High Priest Alustal! What...? We thought you..." said the Prince. Then he bowed his head. Clearly the old man - Alustal - was someone the young Prince respected. His bushy brows glowered at the young Namor and he cleared his throat.

"I am..." said Namor, haltingly, "Of course, grateful... for your aid surface dweller. I... beg forgiveness for my harsh words. My anger overcame my reason."

Captain America moved alongside Prof Wynde with Bucky and Meranna next to him and the other Atlanteans behind.

"We few are the start of something." said the Captain. "A forging of strength, determination, honour, power and hope. We should unite against our common foes. The Aliens and the Axis. Only together can we prevail!"

"Cap's right!" declared Bucky.

Namor was about to answer when Wonder Man called from the door. "Guys! And gal... we have company!"

"Well, how about it Prince?" asked Captain America. "Do we stand strong together, or fall separate and divided, and back into those machines?"

OOC Anything you want to add to persuade the Prince?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 14 2022, 22:32

ooc: Couple of Interesting pages about the early Sub-Mariner, which if it happened in our world, Prof. Wynde would know about it.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collection/73960/decades_marvel_in_the_40s_-_the_human_torch_vs_the_sub-mariner_trade_paperback
https://longboxgraveyard.com/2016/05/04/fire-and-water-the-human-torch-vs-sub-mariner/

"Hey, Prince Namor, have you met Betty Dean yet," asks Prof. Wynde, thinking what he thinks is in the near future for Namor. [Betty was originally a policewoman then became a reporter for the New York Daily after Pearl Harbor. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Betty_Dean_(Earth-616) - with some revisionist history added in] sort of his girlfriend.

He looks around to see where Cap's shield might be at so Cap can be at full fighting force.

"Catch your breath everyone," he adds in, "let Wonderman and I take on the first wave. Pile on when you think we need help."

He waits to see what is coming.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 18 2022, 08:29

Prof Wynde and Wonderman!

(With Namor, Captain America, Bucky, Meranna, Atlantean Priest Alustal and half a dozen Atlantean warriors who had somehow resisted the devices meant to mind control)

Namor scowled. "What do you know of Ms Dean?" He shook his head. "Later. If battle is about to occur then IMPERIOUS REX shall rise to the challenge!"

"We're with you Prince!" said the Atlanteans with raised fists and a roar!

The High Priest nodded. "As it should be. These surface dwellers have not only saved us, they have show us the true enemy, one that captured both undersea and surface dweller alike to use for their own insidious aims!"

Prof Wynde nodded and looked about, finally casting his eyes on the shield Captain America used. (OOC I don't think it was a disc at this time was it?) Despite being battered it was still usable and Captain America gratefully accepted it!

"My thanks to you Professor Wynde!" smiled the Captain. "Now to break out of this prison and turn the tide on our captors!"

"Tide! I see what you did there Cap!" laughed Bucky.

Wonderman called over. "Prof! More lobster men approaching! An ARMY of them!"

Heading to the doorway the pair peered around the corner and looked down the corridor... There were indeed a mass of pink/red lobster men advancing cautiously down the corridor to where the former captives waited!

"Are we having to batter through ALL of them?" muttered Wonderman. "There must be... dozens! Look at all those claws and feelers! Time to cook up a prawn cocktail?"

OOC you have a round or two before they get to the lab/prison but there may be too many to battle through! The main advantage is that they are so big they can only attack in twos or threes... but if they get into the room they can surround you and attack en masse!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 18 2022, 13:15

ooc: the prison area is underwater as is most of this ship, yes? If so, was thinking of some way to drain out the water, that might put them at a disadvantage. Then again, some Atlanteans can't break air and need a water mask, a few can breath air easily, some can breath it for a short bit and then need to breath water. They were kind of all over the place about that in the Golden Age stories.

Apparently, Cap went from the triangle shield in the first issue of his comic to the round one in the second due to MLJ comics - famous for creating Archie Comics - threatening to sue them because the shield was too similar to the costume of their patriotic character, the Shield - who was actually the very first patriotic themed superhero in comics, beating Cap by around 6 months to the stands.

Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 2 The_sh10
Prof Wynde and Wonder Man TEAM UP! Issue #2 "The Invaders!" - Page 2 Capta141

So, if this is between the first and second issue, could still have the triangle shield or could have the round one.

"Hey everyone! Since this is some kind of spaceship, where do you think their engine room would be," Prof. Wynde asks, "above us or below us? Maybe we could smash through the floors to that level and smash their engines?"

"Wonderman, think you can fight them in the hall with me backing you up without being overpowered?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 21 2022, 13:09

THE INVADERS!

(Prof Wynde, Wonderman, Captain America and Bucky, Meranna and - temporarily - Prince Namor the Sub Mariner)

Wonderman smiles, grim. "Looks like we don't have a choice! Hey Prince! How about dealing out some retribution whilst my buddy here finds a way out of this death trap?"

Namor frowns. "I am no mans' lackey!" he roars. Then he glances at the High Priest (Alustal) and changes his tune. "I will, however, delight in revealing to these monsters what it means to take on the might of Atlantis! Warriors of Atlantis! To me! If any should slip by me of this surface dweller it is your duty to stop them even if it means your lives! The High Priest and the woman must escape!"

Meranna is about to comment but remembers that, despite him being an ass, Prince Namor is still her liege lord!

Bucky and Captain America step up too. "We're not sitting this out... right Cap?"

"We need to know when to pick our fights and when to let others shoulder the load. In this case, we may have to defer to our friends who can twist steel like it was a twig, Buck! Rest be assured, we'll get our chance soon bud."

With Namor alongside him Wonderman moved in the corridor, followed by the half dozen Atlanteans.

Captain America turned to Prof Wynde. "We're trapped here with no way out unless we can break through the metal walls of this place! What was that you said about engines? I suppose it makes sense that this is some kind of ... futuristic undersea vessel. We've seen things in a short time that test anyone's sanity!"

Prof Wynde glanced about. The Prison/Lab was full of various alien machines and apparatus. The walls, floor and ceiling were made of metal. Wonderman and Namor were probably strong enough to break through but they'd have their hands full of Lobster Men in the corridor very soon!

Meranna stepped up. "What can I do?" she asked.

Prof Wynde explained and Meranna swum up to the ceiling (OOC this part of the vessel is indeed submerged, which is why you have Lobster Men and not many others to contend with. The mentalists of ADVENT breathe oxygen, generally, not salt sea water.)
to start pounding on it!

OOC Str 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:19 (25) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:6 (16) Success +4
EV6 + 4 (EV10) vs RV10=0 RAPs. No damage.

With a frustrated roar Meranna swims down again. "The metal is strong. Too strong for me I fear. One of the men might be slightly stronger but Prince Namor has many times the strength of an ordinary Atlantean, whilst we have many times the strength of a Surface Dweller."

Impressive though her strength was - Meranna could in theory heft a car off the floor - the ship was extremely sturdy and resistant to damage!

The High Priest spoke up. "Can any of these machines help or must we rely upon the might of Namor and your friends to hold back the tide of evil that threatens to overcome us?"

Captain America peered at a machine. "This is beyond me. I can operate most machines the army uses but this...?"

There is shouting and sounds of battle from the corridor!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 21 2022, 13:21

"It's beyond me too," Prof. Wynde tells Captain America. "Wonderman knows a bit about science, maybe he can figure it out or at least he has a better chance to smash through then any of us."

"Hey Wonderman," he yells out and moves up into the fight, "Get back here and see if you can figure out the machines and if they would help us or smash us a hole to get through."

He then goes back to examine the machines and hopes he can translate the language. Maybe there is a pump that could let out the water and weaken the Lobstermen?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 21 2022, 20:18

THE INVADERS!

"Kind of... busy... right now!" grunted Wonderman as he wrestled with THREE lobster men whilst two rained blows down on Namor.

Two Lobster Men were down and not moving. The Atlantean Prince was bleeding from a cut on his arm and chest and Wonderman's costume was torn with a large red welt suggesting he'd been 'nipped' by an oversized claw!

The Atlantean soldiers were tackling (all six of them) one that had broken through past the two fierce combatants at the front but despite their repeated blows the Lobster Man shook them off!

The corridor was a mess of arms, legs, bodies and the armoured bulk of the Lobster Men with more pushing through and waiting to join the fight and no end in sight!

The High Priest poked his head around the doorway and muttered "By Poseidons' beard! We are doomed!"

Captain America shook his head. "Time to get in the fight!" he said to Bucky.

Prof Wynde knew that despite Captain America's fighting prowess at this stage in his career he was - admittedly peak - human. After waking from his icy prison the super soldier serum would have matured to grant him abilities that far outstripped the ones he had now. Still, nothing was changed from now till then of his indomitable, never say die fighting spirit!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next