The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

3 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  Admin Thu May 07 2020, 10:24

OOC no need for HP you get 4 free dice from Martial Artist Skill.

Dex 8 + 4 dice M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,9,9,9,8,12,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:28 (36) vs
Dex 8 + dev attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILURE OPPOSING VALUE IS ZERO

+8 (to 13) vs RV 12 - 12=13 Damage. The MUTON is DOWN and OUT!

Leaping to the rock Steeplejack looked in and saw a malevolent gaze back.

The creature was ultra strong and would be free to work havoc in moments! He leaned in, hovering a foot above the creatures head then SNAP, SNAP, SNAP! with three sharp blows!

He heard something go 'crick' and guessed he'd broken the creatures jaw or what passed for a nose, because it groaned, snuffled then slumped.

It was still buried under the rock but they were no longer shifting. Scalphunter hopped up, climbed over the shifting gravel and peered in. "Plenty hard kick that. Make lesson to mule you will. You sure you not strange like white eagle stabbing smoke man?"

Haunt took a look in. The creature was indeed down and out. For how long remained the question but for now it seemed they were safe.

"Best put a few bullets in it!" said William Bonny from a safe distance behind a rock. "Just ta be sure, like."

Scurlock stood and walked over. "Billy don't learn too good. We've been shooting that thing and its friend and the bullets just bounce off. Even dynamite didn't seem to bother it. Only the mountain fallin from high did the trick. Reckon we have you ta thank fer that, Pardna." he said to Scalphunter. "You n yer boys did a great job o trappin that thing fer these fellas to put the boot in. Whatever happens from now, wherever ah go, I'll never make war 'pon the indian save in self defence, ya have ma word. Anyone who rides with me will be the same or there'll be hell ta pay."

Bonny scowled but the rest of the cowboys seemed to agree.

Scurlock turned to the two heroes. "Do we leave this here then or what? Where to now?"

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resTHE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 07 2020, 10:39

Turning back into his normal white cowboy outfit, the Haunt mulls it over. "I think we need Prof. Thoth if we are going to deal with magic, Steeplejack. I think I am faster than you. How about I fly back to town and get him to come with me to the cave. That's probably where the other two went to. Scalphunter cane give me directions and I can meet you there. Or do you have a better idea?"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 07 2020, 12:41

Admin wrote:Scurlock turned to the two heroes. "Do we leave this here then or what? Where to now?"

Steeplejack motioned everyone back, taking his time he summoned his earth-moving powers. Nodding toward Haunt he said "I'm going to bury it, but I want that gun first. See if we can make use of their weapons against them. I need some extra kick against that magic lady."

And he then concentrated straining against time first to uncover the Muton's gun and then to bury the thing where no one would ever find it in this or several other centuries.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 08 2020, 08:08

Steeplejack set to work moving rocks and dirt with gestures.

The cowboys gaped, the indians stood back open mouth in superstitious fear. Despite what they'd already seen every time the heroes used one of their abilities it produced wonder, fear and surprise in equal amounts!

It would take time to dig the weapon out, but they had it, for now.

Haunt was about to make ready to fly back to the town until he heard a "heee Hawww!" from a mule and saw Professor Thoth riding around the curve of the canyon on the back on his mule!

Instantly guns and bows were raised and Thoth on the back of the animal rolled his eyes. "Oh please, I'm here to help!"

Scalphunter calmed the indians down and Thoth rode up. Scurlock moved to speak to Haunt but the hero could see fear in his eyes. "Mister, not that I ain't grateful, cause I am, we all are, but are there any more surprises you people intend ta spring on us?"

Thoth snorted and clambered off the mule which aimed a bite at his behind. Swatting her head away with his hat Thoth straightened it out and placed it on his head then looked about. "Back there are a bunch of Indians."

"Dead. They died fighting lizard man and flying woman." said Scalphunter. He muttered "Even saying words makes me wonder if I have eaten loco weed."

Thoth walked up. "They are *mostly* dead young man." explained the Mage. He glanced at what Steeplejack was doing then into the hole. "Hmmm. You don't belong here do you? he mentioned of the Muton under the rocks. "I... hang on a minute. Gentlemen..." he said referring to Haunt and Steeplejack whilst he perched a pair of spectacles on his nose and peered into the hole amidst the collapsed rocks. "Would you do me the favour of dragging that beasty out here into the light?"

Scalphunter hissed, pulling his dagger out and the cowboys pulled guns again, skittish and afraid!

"Calm down, calm down." sighed Thoth. He turned to Haunt and Steeplejack. "It's very important that I see the Ali... I mean creature. Oh, and it might be an idea to post a watch whilst we're here..." he said pointing at the steep canyon sides and suggesting the possibility that the woman might return...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resTHE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 08 2020, 10:52

"If you need to see it then okay," The Haunt said, transforming his hands into scoops and digging out the alien. "They also have a woman with them who does magic, I was about to head to town to get you since we aren't really equipped to fight magic. Saved me a trip, thanks."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 08 2020, 14:39

"Yes, great coincidence wasn't it that I happened to be riding out here in the middle of nowhere." replied Thoth as Haunt set to work.

"However I was ... called. The spirits of the Indian braves who 'died' here called to me. You see they were killed before their time, and Father Time takes his laws very seriously. I ... 'felt' their restless spirits mingle and intend to go back to that canyon. Unfortunately to revive all of those Braves requires a sacrifice to balance the scales of..."

"I will be that sacrifice." said Scalphunter.

"Alas my friend, I'm sure the Braves would cry out in protest at your brave sacrifice but another one, an old one, even now sits by a fire, staring into its depth. His time on this earth is almost up and he willingly gives his last few days to grant the power required to free the spirits from limbo in order to return." said Thoth.

"What in tarnation is this fool talkin about?" spluttered Bonny. "Is everyone crazy round here?"

"Be quiet Mr McCarty. Your legend is built on a foundation of lies. It is the men around you who will fade into history on whose shoulders you will climb." replied Thoth, sounding annoyed. Billy pulled his gun quick as a flash and fired at the Mage!

Only for a spray of flowers to spew forth from the barrel and the Cowboys to gape in amazement.

"Try that again and I'll turn you into a toad. Do you believe me?" said Thoth, leaning in.

"Y.. yes sir!" spluttered William Bonny and he stumbled away, tossing his gun to the floor and wondering what it would do next!

Steeplejack and Haunt soon finish digging the alien out. It's huge. And still alive, as seen by the rising and falling of its chest. Apart from some discolouration that could be bruising it was otherwise unharmed.

Thoth leaned in and fished about in a pouch whilst Steeplejack dusted off its weapon, which looked like a bazooka in his human sized hands.

"Careful with that!" said Thoth. "It's a weapon from ... uh... a far away place!"

The mage appeared to find what he was looking for and turned to the Heroes. "Here." He held up a Time Stone like the ones they carried. "Tied to this creature but get it far enough away and the link will be severed! It will return to its own time and take all knowledge of its being here with it. If you want to use that gun Mr Gibbs you'll have to keep the stone with this creature, and I wouldn't want to be around when it wakes up! They are all tied. The weapon, the creature, the stone. Remove one and the others vanish! A distance of... say... 100 yards in old money will do it." he turned the time stone in his hand. "Impressive, dangerous, catastrophic. These things will be the death of me one day." he shuddered.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 08 2020, 18:40

"Then I guess we will have to do without the weapon," The Haunt groused, "better to let him go back to where he belongs than risk him coming after his target here. So, after you to your mumbo jumbo to bring the braves back, can you help out with the lady mage? I'm not sure if she is from ... where they are from ... or from here somehow and decided to join up with them."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 08 2020, 21:32

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Then I guess we will have to do without the weapon," The Haunt groused, "better to let him go back to where he belongs than risk him coming after his target here.  So, after you to your mumbo jumbo to bring the braves back, can you help out with the lady mage?  I'm not sure if she is from ... where they are from ... or from here somehow and decided to join up with them."

Steeplejack looked a little chagrined but with a resigned sigh, gave the weapon back and did as he was told.

OOC: Sorry busy day, only now getting to catch up. I'll follow as told.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 09 2020, 17:18

"Hmmm what's that?" said Thoth. "Help with the lady mage? I could but... I could try something else."

"Hand me your time stones chaps. Don't worry! I'm not going to cackle and run off with three of them and proclaim 'I'm RICH!', heh." he said, only to hear a snort from the mule.

"Hush you!" chides Thoth and he turns to the two heroes. "Here's the thing. My magic is finite in this age. I have the help of my familiar here but I have to... for want of a better word fight against time dragging me back to my rightful place. Therefore I, like you, am limited. Worse actually, because what I'm going to try in getting those braves back their lives is dangerous, taxing and will take up all of my available energy. Only Codswallop will be my anchor, grounding me to reality whilst I enter the nether realms."

Scalphunter blinks. "White man talk like loco weed is always in mouth making him chew and be more crazy."

"Yes, quite, it does take some getting used to old bean." he says, then turns back to the heroes. "Right... time stones... I will regret this in the morning ... if I wake up!"

Suddenly the mule trots over and bites Thoth on the backside, then starts braying loudly. Rubbing his posterior he placates the 'animal' with a scratch between the ears and she responds by rubbing her head affectionately against him. "That's alright old girl. I know, I know. I love you too, but we need to do this. Those Indians didn't deserve a death like that and if there's a chance to save them? I have to take it! And these chaps have risked their very existence to come back here and save that young cowboy! I trust to you to hold onto my spirit and not let go. And if something happens..." he stroked the animals face and gently placed a kiss on her nose. Turning, the heroes see Thoth has welled up somewhat and he sniffles, mopping his face with a handkerchief.

"Where was I? Oh yes. The Time stones. Gentlemen, take them back. There... no that one's yours. That's right. Hold them out in front of me..."

Haunt and Steeplejack glanced at each other. "What are you doing?" asked Haunt.

Thoth held up a finger to 'shush' the hero and chanted words from a long forgotten tongue before thrusting a hand out towards each stone!

They suddenly started to glow and the pair of heroes were enveloped in an aura that faded after a few seconds. However they knew their FULL ABILITIES HAD BEEN RESTORED!

"That... won't last for long." gasped Thoth. He stumbled and Scalphunter helped right him on one side with the Mule on the other. "Right... best... get to... sorting those other... chaps out... Sorry I can't... help you... against that lady but... I'm just about done in!" he chuckled but swayed on unsteady legs towards the previous canyon where the bodies of the Indians had been laid out in a line.

OOC you have your full powers back, if only for a while gentlemen! That's the best Thoth can manage for you for the time being!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 09 2020, 19:13

Admin wrote:OOC you have your full powers back, if only for a while gentlemen! That's the best Thoth can manage for you for the time being!

OOC: Cool beans, right that means we can track the lady back to the cave Scalp hunter found and seek to stop them at the source.

Steeplejack flexed his arms, and around him, the earth moved in waves as if responding as if mimicking his movements. "feels good to be me again. Right whilst we've got what we got, shall we go dance with the lady and her friends back at the cave?"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 09 2020, 19:15

"Right!  Powers on!  Let's go, Steeplejack, Scalphunter!"

Angel wings, grab both Steep and Scalp and fly up. Stretch and convert arms/hands into birdcage perches for them to sit on and have something to hold onto. Then have Scalp show us the way as we fly there quickly, landing outside of the cave out of its direct opening, approaching it from an angle so that we can't be seen from the entrance easily.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 11 2020, 17:26

Grabbing the white perch as hard as he can Scalphunter feels his stomach lurch as the white eagle with the strange bottom half takes to the air leaving the Braves with the Cowboys.

He glances across and sees Steeplejack crouched and barely holding onto the leg with a single hand as he surveys the landscape far below.

"That way. Many miles." muttered Scalphunter as he forced his eyes open and pointed.

It was indeed a number of miles but the fast flying White Eagle thing covered them in minutes.

Scalphunter didn't know whether to be impressed or relieved as they touched down and crouched to the top of a ridge and lay on their bellies.

"Cave." pointed out the Indian. Indeed it was. A quarter mile away, a cave entrance. Outside was a bear, quite dead and dumped outside for its troubles. The poor beast had clearly been the occupant before the aliens had taken residence.

"Evil. Bear only kill what it needs. Hurt no one in cave. Some bears bad spirit, deserve knife in heart. That one wrong place, wrong time, wrong people in its home. My spirit self shall chant a farewell if I survive this night" said Scalphunter.

"How we do this? Cave good position. Anyone watching see us coming. No cover on floor. If fly up, maybe get light that burns through rock aimed at us." asked the Indian. "Maybe wait for night? Then my knife can find vengeance."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 11 2020, 20:16

"How strong is your earth powers now, Steeplejack? Can you like collapse the cave on them, assuming that they are in there, and maybe imprison or crush them?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 12 2020, 08:23

DavidMcMahon wrote:"How strong is your earth powers now, Steeplejack?  Can you like collapse the cave on them, assuming that they are in there, and maybe imprison or crush them?"

Steeplejack thought about it for a moment before responding. "Well pretty good, but these goons have shown an ability to dig their way out, I wonder if we'd best fight them inside, perhaps we can create a back door? If we can create a small tunnel through so that you can slip in, in some form, less obvious and scout ahead then we might be able to get the drop on them, perhaps you from the front as I create a distraction in the back? Widening the hole and coming at it from that angle? What do you think?

OOC: I think we ought to move sooner rather than later, as we don't know how long we've got for our powers to fade, but one thing that bothers me is that they might be able to 'detect' us so that are coming isn't a surprise, but it maybe general enough so that a two-pronged attack might still throw them off.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 12 2020, 08:39

"I'm pretty sure that they know we are out here somewhere, maybe not exactly where we are but they know we are in the area. I just don't like going in the front entrance where it is easier for them to blast us. Even my Fog has no affect on their ability to see us and fight us. Can you rip the top off the cave? That will give us a big opening where we can come at them without being cramped into a straight line.

"I might even be able to smash down the ceiling on top of them since I am back at full strength. I don't mind them digging themselves out since that means that they can't attack while doing so. Just like we did with the other one."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 12 2020, 08:50

DavidMcMahon wrote:"I'm pretty sure that they know we are out here somewhere, maybe not exactly where we are but they know we are in the area.  I just don't like going in the front entrance where it is easier for them to blast us.  Even my Fog has no affect on their ability to see us and fight us.  Can you rip the top off the cave?  That will give us a big opening where we can come at them without being cramped into a straight line.

"I might even be able to smash down the ceiling on top of them since I am back at full strength.  I don't mind them digging themselves out since that means that they can't attack while doing so.  Just like we did with the other one."

"Right let's do it, if we can bring the cave down on them, and they are injured or need help, then it divides their efforts - right."

With that in mind, Steepjack looked for what was the best position to launch their attack from and bring the roof down on the who group...so they then could proceed from there.

OOC: let's make sure we do this right and use HP as needed to amp this up.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 12 2020, 08:52

The Haunt will look around while he does that. As we do not actually know if they are in there right now or not, they could be getting ready to attack us from somewhere outside where we didn't see them as we flew in.

"It's not paranoia, if it helps keep you alive." quote from the Haunt. rabbit
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13 2020, 06:36

The group crouched low and got closer to their target. Scalphunter lead the way and seemed to flow across the land, despite Steeplejack getting his full powers and agility back!

As they got nearer there was activity at the front of the cave and several figures in shadow could almost be seen, as if they were talking.

Haunt could just about (at several hundred yards away) recognise a thin man, the woman sorcerer was another and another ducked out of the cave and into the open...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 10 XCOM2-Faceless

The creature was awful to look at, like it had been melted. Or burned in acid. Behind the mask Rush King knew that was how others must view his acid scarred face, but he brushed it aside. They had a job to do.

Just then the creature morphed and changed, becoming shorter and dressed like a cowboy... no not like... EXACTLY looking like Billy the Kid! The Thin Man was holding up a device and speaking to the shapeshifter and the features adjusted. They were getting the appearance just right.

"More magic powers. Great." muttered Scalphunter. "Him go to camp and get Scur Lock. Sneaky." grudgingly admitted the Indian. Final adjustments were being made by the shapeshifter who changed height and build subtly. Even the heroes had to admit what was a close match at first was becoming perfect!

They had an opportunity to strike but the cave entrance caving in would only possibly catch two of the three on show. Caving in the mountain on top of the entire cave, as far as it went back, would probably be beyond the remit of Steeplejacks powers. He was powerful but not 'mountain moving' powerful...

Scalphunter licked dry lips. "We get closer, close enough to cut." while loosening his knife in its sheath.

Haunt glanced at Steeplejack. There was no way a knife would penetrate the defences of the Sorceress or the Shapeshifter!

OOC Ok your 'problem' such that it is is that Steeps Earth Control power is 9APs. It's pretty good, but to collapse a whol cave system you'd have to be someway up on the power scale I guess. I'm trying to find volume benchmarks for the game to get an idea but collapsing the cave entrance with two of the three in it (especially the sorcerer woman) would be feasible. Hero points to buy extra dice would be advisable. Steep has 102HP and one die costs 6, two cost 13, three cost 21, four cost 30, five cost 40... Surprised I remembered the cost without consulting the chart but then I wrote the chart so I suppose it shouldn't be hard! Going for broke (+4, +8, +12, +16 difficulty possible) would also make things harder but be more successful, if that makes sense. The closer you get the better as well. There will be a range penalty to apply...

Your other problem is that shapeshifter. If it gets away from here and to the cowboy camp it could wreak havoc and get close enough to Scurlock to kill him with one swipe of those deadly claws!

Both heroes could move a little closer to the cave and use their movement powers to jump to the cave and engage the trio in hand to hand combat. A word of warning though do NOT underestimate that Sorceress!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 13 2020, 07:38

"Steep, drop the hammer on those two," the Haunt whispers, "while I attack the one outside. After you drop the ceiling on them, help me with the one outside if I haven't taken him down by then. After that, the magic woman is our primary foe, I'm thinking. Divide and conquer. Scalphunter, stay back, you can't hurt them unless you can get yore hands on one of their weapons."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 13 2020, 07:44

ooc: If Steeplejack is up to what the Haunt suggests, the Haunt turns his lower body into a coil in order to leap within close enough distance that his oversized Tomahawk hands can stretch out to attack the one outside without taking any distance penalties. His upper body is mostly human.

Acrobatics into attack. Wanna try to one hit the guy outside, whichever attack type that could be, and put two dice into that damage.

Think that covers everything. Self Manipulation [still a really bad power name!], Stretching and Omni-Arm. Adding in Weaponry and Acrobatics.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 13 2020, 08:34

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  If Steeplejack is up to what the Haunt suggests, the Haunt turns his lower body into a coil in order to leap within close enough distance that his oversized Tomahawk hands can stretch out to attack the one outside without taking any distance penalties.  His upper body is mostly human.

Acrobatics into attack.  Wanna try to one hit the guy outside, whichever attack type that could be, and put two dice into that damage.

Think that covers everything.  Self Manipulation [still a really bad power name!], Stretching and Omni-Arm.  Adding in Weaponry and Acrobatics.

As Haunt lept forward, having noted his suggestion, Steeplejack also sprung up and over and as he got within close range, commanded the full force of the earth at his disposal to envelop as much of those at the entrance as he could.

OOC: OK I'm going to buy 5 dice at a cost of 40 points and go for a devastating attack using my earthmoving powers.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13 2020, 22:03

OOC STEEPLEJACK ON 62HP

Steeplejack, with one leap gets closer to the cave and thrusts a hand at the cave entrance!

OOC Going for Broke +8/-12 (same as Devastating Attack)
Steep Earth Control 9 + five dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 12,1,4,5,5,12,10,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:37 (46) vs
OV12 + Dev Attack 8 + range 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:13 (38)

+4 EV (to 13) vs RV12-12 (Dev Attack)=13 RAPs. Yup, that'll do it.

With a mighty CRACK and ROAR the mountainside crashes inwards on the tunnel entrance completely engulfing the sorceress and the Thin Man!

Dust, rocks and debris billow outwards and the rumble continues as Steeplejacks devastating power leaves its mark!

'Doc Scurlock' gave an inhuman roar and span to face the human. He crackled and morphed into the melted monster it had been a moment before! Haunt took that as his cue to leap into battle and attacked the creature!

OOC Which loses initiative but if it's still up will be taking a swipe at Haunt...

First though, Haunt... I'd suggest at least a Crit Blow and will apply that, but with 5 dice Devastating Attack should be possible. Let's play it safe with Crit Blow.

Dex 10 + five dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 5,8,9,2,4,9,3,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:45 (55) vs
Dex 8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (29)

+7 (to 21 Omni Arm) vs RV 12 - 6 (Crit Blow)=15 Damage. FACELESS is down and OUT!

With a terrific strike Haunt sends his foe flying! It crashes into the dirt and dust mound that Steeplejack had created and devolves into a puddle of foul smelling slime!

Just like that the restored superheroes had defeated the aliens! Or had they?

"Never..." gasps Scalphunter "Never have I seen a man collapse a mountain with the wave of a hand!" says the Indian after he'd flat out sprinted to join the pair at the collapsed mountain cave entrance. Steeplejack had succeeded beyond his wildest dreams and collapsed even more of the mountain than he'd thought. Under those thousands of tons of rocks and rubble would be the sorceress. Had she survived? Was she, even now, fighting for survival?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 13 2020, 22:24

Admin wrote:"Never..." gasps Scalphunter "Never have I seen a man collapse a mountain with the wave of a hand!" says the Indian after he'd flat out sprinted to join the pair at the collapsed mountain cave entrance. Steeplejack had succeeded beyond his wildest dreams and collapsed even more of the mountain than he'd thought. Under those thousands of tons of rocks and rubble would be the sorceress. Had she survived? Was she, even now, fighting for survival?

Steeplejack looked in some amazement at his hands as well, never in his time had he needed his "A" game and delivered so successfully. And yet he was troubled, the aliens and shown remarkable fortitude, had he knocked them out, killed them or just made them angry. Turning to Haunt he spoke quickly, "Don't know if we've killed them or just made them, very, very angry. But the doc and the rest won't be safe if we haven't finished the job. This is our best chance of doing that. What do you think?"

OOC: I am going to assume Haunt will want me to move some of the debris until we uncover the aliens and give the killing blow. Steeplejack will be a bit daunted by that - he doesn't have Haunt's experience with them. And this is war, however, killing a 'prisoner' kinda sucks. Is there a way we can remove their time stones and send them back?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 14 2020, 02:47

"DAAANNNGGGGGGG! I never thought you were that powerful," The Haunt swears, "Color me impressed!" He tilts his cowboy hat back and scratches his cowl covered head in amazement looking at the destruction Steeplejack wrought. "Heck, I never asked but why are you calling yourself Steeplejack instead of Earthman or Mr. Rock or Captain Planet or something like that?"

"Don't know if we've killed them or just made them, very, very angry. But the doc and the rest won't be safe if we haven't finished the job. This is our best chance of doing that. What do you think?"

"Not sure about the magic woman but the Muton big guy probably is still alive down there. So, yeah, I think we move the mountain over them very carefully, layer by layer until we get some movement or find a body and then do what needs to be done."

He pauses as an idea hits him.

"You got all these earth powers, can you or do you have some kind of earth or mineral sense? Maybe you could sense the time stones that those two have? If so, we could dig for those only and take 'em, that ought to send the others back to the future without us having to fight them again, like Prof. Thoth told us."

ooc: I have no idea if he does or not but the idea of taking the stones instead of pounding them into paste just hit me. Slow on the uptake at times. sunny
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 14 2020, 12:46

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  I have no idea if he does or not but the idea of taking the stones instead of pounding them into paste just hit me.   Slow on the uptake at times. sunny

Steeplejack laughed,"Wouldn't that be fun - no mineral sense, but see what I can do."

OOC: Ok moving earth and seeing if I can get any hunches from my danger sense if need be let's buy a couple of dice to do it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next