The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

3 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27 2020, 13:12

OOC Sorry should have made it clearer. You are around 150 yards away (6APs) so things will be tricky to hit what appear to be dots at that range. Do you want to get closer or keep the distance (the +6 Opposing Value penalty would go both ways)?

Haunts targets sound like the woman (who he tried to grab before) and the Muton with her. The rock is enough to cover both of them with an area effect modifier but from this range it will be hard.

Steeplejack can affect both with a multi attack or target one with a dust storm/rock shower. Again, range would affect things.

At 6APs range chance of success are minimal. As a reminder...

Mechanics wise in a round of 4 Seconds you can do one EACH of the following:

Move up to your aps of movement power or your Dex (up to 4APs without a power when running, or 2APs when swimming)
Attack (or perform one Dice action like use a power. A dice action is one which has a chance of success or failure)
Simple action (like pick something up to your STR value or perform a quick action that has no chance of failure, like speak or use an automatic power

Powers which act out of these rules are protection powers (like Fluid Form, Force Field and so on) and certain actions/powers which I have house ruled act out of the normal order like Pushing your abilities or Adrenaline Surge as in these cases the character is sort of activating an instinctive impulse/action. Ordinary humans cannot actively spike their adrenaline - it happens automatically when the fight/flight response is triggered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 27 2020, 20:15

ok then, move up closer and then spring shot the rock at them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 27 2020, 21:00

DavidMcMahon wrote:ok then, move up closer and then spring shot the rock at them.

Steeplejack hated to leave the others, but they were relatively safe and taking the fight to the enemies, was about making things safer for Doc and the others. So as one man he found himself acting with Haunt, leaping with his considerable power and dexterity toward his enemies. Pulling up short so as to not be too far should the others need him to get back to them. And then again extended his hands to bring his powers over the earth to bear.

"Don't fail me know..." He said to himself aloud hoping that the forces of time would sense he was trying to help not hinder their flow.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 28 2020, 21:27

Haunt scooped up the rock which weighed several tons and jogged/slid down the side of the canyon even as arrows and bullets zipped by him!

Steeplejack moved down the slope as if he were surfing, completely as one with the earth and with no problems.

When he got to around forty feet away Haunt morphed himself into a kind of human cannon and blasted the rock at the pair!

OOC This is going to be tricky. I'll say you can use omni arm in conjuction with your body (a big cannon or something) but to be absolutely brutally honest your very very best bet is to use Omni Arm and Weaponry because four free dice to attack with.

Anyway, let's see how you get on...

Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 (23) vs
Ov9 + Multi 2 - Area attack 2 + range 2 - Surprise attack 4 + two dice acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,7,5,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:23 (30) ATTACK MISSED

The pair scatter and the rock thumps to where the Muton and the woman had been stood...

Meanwhile Steeplejack moved near ish Haunt and threw up a hand to attack the pair ...

Earth Control 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (19) vs
OV9 + Multi 2 + range 2 - surprise 4 + two dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,11,11,7,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE crikey plus Roll(2d12)+0:  7,9,+0
Total:38 (47) Attack VERY missed indeed

Steeplejack was left to look a little foolish as the agile pair scattered and moved apart. Where his attack formed a whirlwind of rocks and dirt, there was no one there to suffer it! He was feeling the lack of power compared to his normal skill and perhaps his best bet would be to get up close and personal....

OOC intiative. I'll resolve a few shots from the injuns but unless they get a mega double I won't even bother resolving it. When there's big groups to resolve I suppose I could tot the APs up (each AP is worth twice the previous level so 2 people is +1, 3-4 is +2, 5-8 is +3, 9-16 +4, 17-32 +5 which would put them on Dex 8 as a group. This game doesn't handle mob battles brilliantly but everything else is just fine.

Initiative Roll(4d12)+0: 8,9,5,7
Magistera (the woman with the Muton) 32 (40)
Muton 20 (29)
Steeplejack 26 (31)
Haunt 26 (33)

injuns no chance of winning initiative, same for cowboys

The Woman floats into the air, hovering over the canyon at a height of about 50 feet or so. She spreads her hands and blasts ALL of the Indians she can see!

OOC Multi Attack on 15 Injuns (not all are in sight)

MAGIC BLAST 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:16 (31) vs
OV3 + Multi 8 + range 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:9 Gah. (23)

+4 (to 19) vs OV3 + 8 (11)=8 RAPs.

Fifteen Indians are KILLED, OUTRIGHT!

A strange, eerie blast of green energy flashes out and blasts along the mountain side in a scything line. Where it strikes no dust is thrown up and no rocks fly, but where the strange beam of green light hits any Indians they scream and fall back, quite dead, where they stand!

The remaining Indians blink in astonishment and fear, seeing their comrades dead beside them without a mark on their bodies.

The Cowboys, who were blazing away in a cacophony of smoke and noise, glanced and looked quite frankly terrified as it became clear this woman was a witch, a powerhouse, an evil goddess of some kind! Their superstitious minds could barely comprehend the death toll with just a casual sweep of a woman's hand!

OOC Order is Haunt, Steeplejack and the Muton thien whoever is left in this group of injuns and Cowboys (the others are with Scalphunter and after the lone Muton). This is a very, very dangerous opponent. If you had full power probably a lot less so, but with your powers diminished you may have to rethink your strategy, like possibly running, going back to Thoth for help, an ambush involving just the two of you etc.

Looking at both your character sheets haunt gets four dice attack from weaponry and Steep gets four dice attack from Martial Arts. A double, a critical blow or devastating attack, a few Hp may change things, but do not, I repeat DO NOT get caught by one of this woman's magic blasts...

Over to you..
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 28 2020, 22:52

50 feet in the air is she, so she is in range of his stretching ability? IF SO, then move closer to her so I can stretch out to reach her, using Omni-Arm to make my generic over-sized mallets to strike her with an overhead strike, and maybe knock her down [knockback] into the ground. Maybe that will do extra damage when she hits the ground, maybe not, and give Steeplejack a better shot at hurting her if he takes her on as his target instead of the Muton.

If she is not in range of his reduced stretching then ... bugger! IF THAT is the case, change lower body into a spring and leap up at her with the intention of grabbing her and squeezing her, using Omni-Arm and stretching to become a human squid to do so. Maybe my strength damage and squeezing will prevent her from using her magic blast or I make myself her only target for this round.

Acrobatics for defense. Use HP to hit.

"Dammit, that's over a dozen individuals' timelines that have been erased," the Haunt yells out angrily. "We have to stop her and stop her HARD!"

ooc: stupid, nasty dice on the enemy's side.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29 2020, 07:20

OOC Correct but as usual I go to bed thinking 'am I running a comics code game or will I let the dice do their thing?' Hence this interlude...

ELSEWHERE...

The Old Man jerked, feeling pain, soul searing agony. He was rocking from side to side on the pony and glanced about. His people were heading off to safety, the warriors, the cowboys and the heroes from time yet to be were facing certain death. And he, old man, elder, spirit doctor, was leaving them to their fate. His time would soon be over. His life almost at an end. He was old, older than the others knew and long for the freedom of spirit to run in the grass, feel the wind on his face and soar among the stars in the night sky. The freedom of death, and to move on to the plains of joy and contentment he envisioned the afterlife to be, with plentiful buffalo and... He sighed. The braves were dying back there. Oh, their bodies would live on for a short time but the woman had shocked their spirits clear of their mortal coil.

There was nothing he could do.

He sighed, tears filling his rheumy eyes. Evil would win and the time yet to be would change dramatically. He had failed his people against a great evil, a magic power he could not defeat. He looked up, and muttered an oath, a prayer, a plea to his gods, sending his spirit out...

=========

The plains were a friendless, dull place. Thoth always preferred the bustle of civilisation.

His mule, his friend, sometime lover (though not when she was a mule, obviously) and familiar snorted underneath him, sensing his mood. He scowled. He could see past every form she wore, to her demonic self whom he'd rescued ages ago. Literally ages. He laughed to himself. Had he lived too long? He looked up at the sky. What would the sun, the moon, the countless stars and planets care what happened on this mudball in the middle of nowhere? He'd seen things, been place, done things that... he jerked, and looked to the east.

Feeling the old mans anguish, and sensing his sheer pain, he muttered and removed his hat, mopping his brow. "This won't do. This won't do at all codswallop." he muttered, putting hat firmly in place and uttered words from a long dead language.

Just like that, the plains were suddenly empty again...

INTERLUDE ENDS

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 29 2020, 12:12

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc: stupid, nasty dice on the enemy's side.

Seeing that Haunt went for the woman, Steeplejack decided to go for the Muton creature and go hard.

OOC: Move up and use martial arts to attack, devastating attack and hero dice 21 hp for 3 dice please.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:03

OOC Haunt is well within range (8AP stretching and 50' is 3APs). He can strike her from 50' away with no problem but pays a range penalty, a bit like if you were trying to swat a fly from the end of a fishing rod.

Haunt HP 124

Bought two attack dice plus one from Weaponry, leaving three from Acrobatics for defence.

Haunt Dex 8 + three extra dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,5,4,6,1,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,6,+0 Total:19 (27) vs OV9 + Range 3 + two dice acrobatics + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,3,10,5,4,+0 Total:15 (27)

+0EV to 11 - RV19 (incl Force Field)= NO DAMAGE

A critical blow and decent roll or devastating attack and very good roll might well have sent her flying to land in a heap. As it is she is invulnerable to any weapons of this era thanks to her magic!

The woman darts about in the air but pretty much ignores the giant mallet when it swings and strikes her!

Haunt would have to put a fair bit more venom and effort into it to make a dent as it appears she has some kind of protective field about her! In his weakened state in this time he's not sure how effective he could be, but back at full power he feels sure he could wipe the smug look off her face!

Steeplejack headed for the Alien Muton and delivered a flying kick to the creature!

OOC Steeplejack gets four extra dice from Martial Arts and buys three dice for defence for 21Hp leaving him on:
Steeplejack HP 102

Let's see how he gets on against the hulking alien who towers above him...

Dex 8 + four dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 12,11,10,12,3,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (shame all those 12s don't count) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:57 Crikey. (65) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + two dice for defence (leaving three on attack) + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,4,7,5,+0 Total:12 (28)

+9EV (to 14 Str) vs RV12 - Dev Attack 12=14 Damage! MUTON is DOWN and OUT!

The Muton is sent flying through the air (knockback) 100 feet to thud into the dust/rock of the canyon side and slide down, but takes no further damage.

With a flying kick the Muton is sent flying through the air and thuds into the dust and gravel, tumbling over and over to land at a distance in a heap! Steeplejack sees the creatures powerful laser rifle in the dust and dirt nearby.

He hears cheering and sees the ineffective Cowboys and what few Indians who are still alive cheer and holler whilst the woman in the sky looks shocked.

OOC talk about punching above your weight! Steeplejacks strength of 5 (in this era) against the Body of 12 of the Muton would normally inflict no damage whatsoever. The Devastating Attack and the staggering roll were enough to one shot the alien though.

I won't bother rolling for the cowboys. With an effect value of 5 for their guns against an RV of 19 they would need double Steeplejacks roll. To be more exact a roll of 106 or more to inflict 1 point of damage. She's bulletproof. The indians with Effect Value 3 from their arrows would need 154 or more, off the top of my head. From 2D12.

Initiative Roll(3d12)+0: 5,9,8
Magistera (the woman with the Muton) 32 (37)
Muton 20 (29)
Steeplejack 26 (35)
Haunt 26 (34)

The Woman looks aghast, then glances at Haunt and Steeplejack. "You will pay for this outrage, savages!" she screams, then swoops down to land and scoops up the huge bulky form of the Muton with one hand! Almost daring the heroes to come at her she laughs. "I've orders not to kill you, but you should know before I render you unconscious that your lives can so easily be snuffed out in a heartbeat by my power, fools!"

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #9 with Special Guest Star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 9 Magistera

OOC Magistera is going to blast the pair of you with what she just dropped the Injuns. Want to spend any dice for defence against her magic blast? I would recommend two or three as 15APs magic blast isn't something superheroes normally run up against. That could pretty much have Superman on his knees, though he is pretty naff against magic. Only one of you needs to spend the points and I would recommend it be Haunt to buy the dice but maybe you want to split the cost between you (as the Highest Opposing Value and Resistance Value is Haunts anyway).

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:13; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:07

OOC Ugh paintshop prof fail. That picture looks naff but you get the gist of what she's saying...

EDIT tidied it up

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:10

Admin wrote:OOC Magistera is going to blast the pair of you with what she just dropped the Injuns. Want to spend any dice for defence against her magic blast? I would recommend two or three as 15APs magic blast isn't something superheroes normally run up against. That could pretty much have Superman on his knees, though he is pretty naff against magic. Only one of you needs to spend the points and I would recommend it be Haunt to buy the dice but maybe you want to split the cost between you (as the Highest Opposing Value and Resistance Value is Haunts anyway).

OOC: I'm happy to spend the amount but if it makes sense for Haunt to do it...then it makes sense. In any case, I will seek to raise a earth barrier defence. Note to self to find out why we are not to be killed in this era? Hmm, that is intriguing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 29 2020, 19:19

I'll spend the points, Steeplejack uses more for attacking than I do usually.

and dang is it rare for all three of us to post within a half hour of each other. bounce bounce bounce
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 30 2020, 20:38

HAUNT HP 103 (Spent 21HP for three dice)

OOC By the way, if you guys state 'spend HP' without giving a number if you have enough HP in the bank I'll assume 3 dice for 21HP as that seems to be the sweet spot for effectiveness vs cost. Of course you can spend a pile more but they get progressively more expensive the more you buy. Your first die is 6HP, the second is 7, the third 8, fourth 9, fifth 10HP and so on. I don't know which clown came up with that method.

Oh wait.

Anyway...

Multi Blast vs Steep and Haunt: Magic Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15 (30) vs
OV8 + Multi 2 + three dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,9,1,7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:35 (45) ATTACK MISSED

The green energy passes clean through Steeplejacks Force Shield (of earth) and washes over the pair as a soothing light green light... that does nothing. Haunt's strength of personality and 'spirit' prove to be a formidable test for the Magic User and she scowls. "Damn you both!" she spits.

OOC Steeplejack is up next, then Haunt. Bear in mind this woman is currently slightly more dextrous than the pair of the heroes and she is incredibly resistant. Martial Artist and Weaponry will help (seeing as you didn't use any dice from skills for defence you can go all out attack). If you can come up with a plan I may even throw in a team attack bonus. Also consider Critical Blow (harder to hit) or Devastating Attack (very hard to hit, but if you do it will leave a mark!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 30 2020, 21:17

Admin wrote:OOC Steeplejack is up next, then Haunt. Bear in mind this woman is currently slightly more dextrous than the pair of the heroes and she is incredibly resistant. Martial Artist and Weaponry will help (seeing as you didn't use any dice from skills for defence you can go all out attack). If you can come up with a plan I may even throw in a team attack bonus. Also consider Critical Blow (harder to hit) or Devastating Attack (very hard to hit, but if you do it will leave a mark!)

OOC: Ok I'm going to post now because I am not able to until I get back from my other job at the Hospital which will be after 3 pm at least. So feel free to amend this Dave, if you think of a way that we can combine our effort to take the woman down. In any case for me, it's going to have to be martial arts, all-out Devastating attack (can't have her waving off those magic attacks again or I'll not be here for much longer. If I can spend HP 21 for 3 Dice again- however, if I can delay to back up Haunt or some such, then amend as you see fit.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 30 2020, 21:50

I'll go for Critical Blow. Using skills for attack.

"I'll hit her high then you hit her Low," The Haunt yells out.  Getting as close as possible to reduce any range attacks minuese, [actually, can he stretch himself high enough to reach her?  If so, he will do that], he again tries an overhand blow downward with his mighty oversized now Tomahawk-shaped fists, to try and hit her hard enough to knock her to the ground so Steepljack can attack her while she is prone.

best team attack idea I can come up with since she is still in the air out of his range.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 02 2020, 08:06

OOC Steeplejack can leap 50' with barely any effort (up to 300' without any extra effort). Haunt can simply stretch the lower half of his body, Mr Fantastic style, to reach the woman... if she was still in the air. When Steeplejack dropped the Muton she swooped down, landed next to it and scooped it up with one hand (impressive given it's a 4-500lb lump of prone muscle) then blasted the heroes.

TEAM ATTACK by the good guys on Magistera. Dev attack by Steep, Crit Blow by Haunt

Steeplejack Dex 8 + four M Arts dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 1,11,11,6,9,12,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:32 (40) vs
OV9 + Team Attack -2 + Dev Attack 8 + Acrobat 2 dice + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,1,6,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:37 (52) Attack MISSED.

Haunt 8 + four weaponry dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,9,6,12,4,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:32 (40) vs
OV9 + Team Attack -2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,8,3,10,+0 Total:18 (29) HIT

+5 (to 16) vs RV19 - 6 (Crit Blow)= 3 Damage

Sending the woman flying, she lands in the dirt, the Muton scattering and falling away in a prone heap. Wiping her mouth she snarls, uttering "How DARE you strike my personage? You will suffer!"

OOC Initiative...Roll(3d12)+0: 4,7,11

Magistera (the woman with the Muton) 32 (36)
Steeplejack 26 (33)
Haunt 26 (37)

Haunt, Magistera then Steeplejack.

She intends to blast the pair of you again as before with Magic Blast, scoop up the Muton then fly off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 02 2020, 12:31

Admin wrote:Haunt, Magistera then Steeplejack.

She intends to blast the pair of you again as before with Magic Blast, scoop up the Muton then fly off. [/i][/color]

OOC: Ugh she is going to be tough to hit, well if I get the chance HP21 and go for devastating attack again, with martial arts...if not probably need to go defensive instead to avoid that nasty beam of hers...

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 02 2020, 15:36

ooc: It was everyone doubling such high numbers, I hope. we blame that. Arrow

Doing the same thing, putting 3 dice HP into avoiding/absorbing her attack if necessary.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 03 2020, 07:26

OOC Steeplejack can apply EITHER four dice to attack or four dice to defence from his skills. However many dice he uses for attack reduces the number of dice he can add to defence from his skills. To pile four dice (max from skills) into attack for the devastating attack means he'd have no dice for defence from his skills. However, if need be (i.e. she's attacking physically instead of magically) I will apply 3 dice (21HP) to Steeplejacks defence. Haunt with the higher mystical stats is more likely to be the target and if she misses Haunt she misses Steep, assuming she goes for both of you, which hasn't been successful so far!

Haunt takes his giant mallet of smiting (OOC +2/+4 vs evil mages Smile ) and tries to deliver another clubbing blow.

OOC Crit Blow again...

Haunt 8 + four weaponry dice + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,4,4,12,7,5,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:17 (25) vs
OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15 (28) Attack MISSED

Magistera blasts the pair again...

HAUNT buys three dice. HAUNT HP82

Magic Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:11 (26) vs
OV8 + Multi 2 + three dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,10,9,6,4,+0 Total:19 (29) Attack MISSED

Once more the pair avoid the woman's wild magic blasts and she makes ready to leave... only Steeplejack has a chance of catching her now!

She takes off and he leaps to deliver a blow!

OOC Devastating Attack ...Steeplejack Dex 8 + four dice (M Arts) + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,9,5,11,12,4,+0 Total:23 (31) vs
OV9 + Dev Attack 8 + two dice acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,3,10,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:24 (41) Attack MISSED

The woman avoids Steeplejacks leap and flies off at high speed dragging the unconscious Muton along by its wrist! The heroes can give chase but her speed suggests she might be able to outpace even Haunt!

A blast from the next canyon alerts both heroes to the other Muton and Scalphunter with the other Indian Braves who were trying to collapse a canyon on it! Dust rose from out of sight and the pair had a choice.

Try to follow the magi with her unconscious cargo or race round the canyon floor to get to the next battle and help out Scalphunter!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 03 2020, 13:07

Admin wrote:Try to follow the magi with her unconscious cargo or race round the canyon floor to get to the next battle and help out Scalphunter!

OOC: Well regardless of what Haunt decides to do, I am running off to help Scalphunter, I have not saved that boy to see him get smooshed to a pulp.

As he ran toward the sounds, Steeplejack shouted back, "She's probably going to go to the cave, lets get the others and then we can catch them up, unless you want to follow her at a distance...?"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 03 2020, 15:08

"Yeah, we gotta protect our timeline and he is where that one Muton is now at," the Haunt agrees and turns into a giant white eagle to head for the one in the pass.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 05 2020, 20:37

Steeplejack sprints at first then leaps 300' with every bound to round the corner of the canyon.

Above him a great white eagle soars and the pair arrive in the next canyon to see dust, dirt and rubble about the place!

It was too dusty to see - literally a fog...

Suddenly Steeplejack spun!

Moving out of the dust holding an arm to his mouth Scalphunter moved to stand alongside Steeplejack. "These creatures are durable. Many arrows and bullets strike. No blood, no mark. We use dynamite, push rocks, down and down. There..."

He pointed to a large mound of rocks dirt and rubble which occasionally shifted. "Creature under that. Cowboys did well. Plenty scared but fight. Thinking not hold creature long. Look!"

He pointed to a rock that must have weight a few tons. It shifted slightly then WHACK! flew a hundred feet up in the air!

A white eagle veered sharply to avoid the rock. He could barely make anything out in the dust cloud below save a mountain of rock and dust had been tipped into the canyon. That rock though, had been flung up... or booted up, suggesting that the creature underneath all that had somehow survived being buried under tons of rock and rubble!

Could Haunt survive all that being dumped on him? Normally yes, without a sweat! Now? He was weakened, depleted, a shadow of his former self but as determined as ever to thwart ADVENT.

Another rock started to shudder... Scalphunter waved advancing Braves and Cowboys who slid and stumbled down the canyon sides back, BACK!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 05 2020, 20:41

Admin wrote:Another rock started to shudder... Scalphunter waved advancing Braves and Cowboys who slid and stumbled down the canyon sides back, BACK!

Steeplejack motioned for the Scalphunter to give Haunt and himself room to move. After all, if this went south, quickly then he wanted them and especially Spurlock out of the way.

But one thing was for sure, like it or not it had to end here.

Leaping over to the rocks, he gestured, seeking to move the flow of rock to imprison the creature and bring it to where they could examine it, or if needs must kill it.

OOC: OK looking to move the rock aside and like grapple the creature. If it's got a weapon to make sure that doesn't get into its hands.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 05 2020, 23:33

"Let me try something before you attack," the eagle Haunt yells out.

Once he sees a part of the creature clearly, he dives at it, transforming the lower half of his body into a jackhammer and attacks it that way.

ooc: That's Omni-Arm adding in weapons skill, right? Also if he goes for a grapple, stretching his arms and legs around it to squeeze, does that do more damage or less in his current state?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 06 2020, 10:26

OOC I presume Steep lets Haunt try his attack?

If grappling you can use Omni Arm to swap for Strength but seeing as Omni Arm/Str are both 11 it wouldn't do any more damage. So if I get the right end of the stick you have the upper body of an eagle and the lower of a drill/jackhammer. That counts as a weapon.

The Muton is not able to dodge (with Acrobatics) because it is limited in movement. That means...

Haunt Dex 8 + five dice (Weaponry) + Roll(7d12)+0: 6,2,5,12,10,6,8,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:29 (37) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (13)

+7 (to 18) vs RV12=6 Damage. A crit blow would have one shotted the Muton!

The creature under the rocks roars with pain as the jackhammer thumps in repeatedly!

Steeplejack knows the best chance to drop this thing is in their grasp! If it breaks free it can use that powerful laser cannon it carried to blast holes in its targets with impunity!

OOC As I understand Steeplejack wants to move the rock aside and grapple the creature (bad idea, his strength is much reduced!) or does he intend to use his Earth Control to try to contract the rocks and pin the creature in so Haunt can keep pummelling? Once Steep has acted the creature gets a chance to blast its way out and then we have initiative, if it's still up. If Steeplejack wants to leap onto the rock pile and slam a foot in the hole on the creature from above that may be a more effective attack but some kind of Crit Blow/Devastating Attack might be advised. This thing is TOUGH! Steep up then initiative.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 06 2020, 12:23

Admin wrote:
OOC As I understand Steeplejack wants to move the rock aside and grapple the creature (bad idea, his strength is much reduced!) or does he intend to use his Earth Control to try to contract the rocks and pin the creature in so Haunt can keep pummelling? Once Steep has acted the creature gets a chance to blast its way out and then we have initiative, if it's still up. If Steeplejack wants to leap onto the rock pile and slam a foot in the hole on the creature from above that may be a more effective attack but some kind of Crit Blow/Devastating Attack might be advised. This thing is TOUGH! Steep up then initiative.

OOC: Yes let's go for that in GH you used to get a bonus for a leap into the attack, don't know if that is so here, but Devastating attack, on it whilst trapped and before it can get out, and then leap away so as not to get in the way of Haunt jackhammering away. If I can I will then constrict with the rocks seeing if I can keep it away from using its powerful laser gun thingamy whatsit. Feel free to use HP if that is necessary to weigh the attack in my favour.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next