The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 08 2019, 12:40

Admin wrote:Lionheart approached the flagship. He saw another blur and it seemed the Void Skaters were constantly circling the fleet.

One of the ships many docking bays loomed. The lights were off and he knew the forcefield preventing the atmosphere venting into space would be down. He'd have to find a manual airlock and hope he could seal it behind him... That would take time. He hoped his friends had enough of it left for him to help them!

OOC Whatever is smashing into the bridge will be there next round. You're up!

Lionheart knew the ship well from the outside, but not in the dark...though he had, gone external picking up the various debris time and again, he'd never had to find his way back in the dark. But the rough layout of the ship hadn't changed, he'd often left by an airlock. He had to hope he could find his way in quick enough to be of some help.

Meanwhile, Frostbite warned the crew to get suited up or at least get some sort of breathing apparatus. With a breach in the hull, they would also be sucked out. So they would need to take steps to protect themselves. Fortunately for him, that wasn't necessary.

OOC:Ok once the crew are suited up, Frostbite will aim to get them to the 'stairs' or whatever we can to get away from the bridge. He'll let them take the lead and cover their rear as we go so that he can protect them from whatever is breaking in. Frostbite will be ready to use my energy attack if the intruder shows themselves. However, I am mindful that a cold blast against something that is used to being in the freezing vacuum of space might make my best defence pretty useless. Still one can but try. And my plan is at this point to survive long enough to regroup with the others and find out how we can salvage things from here on in.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

Post  Admin Sat May 11 2019, 12:19

With his superspeed and thermal vision Lionheart was confident he could get through the ship quickly. His Danger sense would alert him to hazards. And walls.

And yet he was waiting impatiently, for minutes, whilst the airlock cycled manually. If he opened the inner door now... well, it would vent air into space, the crew would be... He waited. Tapping his foot.

The Void Skater at his feet didn't move, but he wondered how long they'd be out. He hoped his danger sense would alert him. He'd beaten it once, but it hadn't been prepared. And he knew it was at least as agile as him, maybe more so.

'Kill it' whispered a voice in his head. Saladin? Here, now?

=========

Waiting for the others to help the unpowered crew members into the lift shaft seemed to take an age.

The banging continued, getting louder. Frostbite kept an eye on the ceiling as he shouted for them to get a move on!

The ceiling bowed, cracked, split!

Frostbite levelled his arms, waiting...

A glance behind... the last bridge crew member was out, and Impulse shouted "Come on boss, time to go!"

The hole beckoned. Nothing came out. He could walk over and take a look or get on out of there... Even as he decided a black form dropped from the ceiling into a crouch, levelled an arm, and energy shot from the hand!

OOC Roll(1d10)+0: 1,+0 Total:1 +26 + bonus 3 for waiting/being ready (Frostbite)
Roll(1d10)+0: 8,+0 Total:8 +32 (Void Skater)

Void Skater goes first! Attack with Flash 14 + Roll(2d10)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:24 vs TN11 + Dex 10 (Dispersal or Fluid Form ineffective against blinding attack!) Success, +2 EV (to 16) vs RV10 (Dex) = 6RAPs. FROSTBITE DEX REDUCED TO 4, TEMPORARILY

A blinding flash dazzles Frostbite, and all he can see are flashing lights with patches of darkness!

This thing was fast! Despite being ready for it the interloper had gotten the drop on him! He wondered how it would compare to Lionheart. Strange how things ran through your head when the threat of death or a thrashing at the very least was close!

OOC You're up. Dex is temporarily reduced but Frostbite has all sorts of weapons he can use. He's not completely blind, just dazzled. You're up.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 11 2019, 16:45

Admin wrote:'Kill it' whispered a voice in his head. Saladin? Here, now?

"Oh Saladin," Lionheart chided that part of himself where his enemy remained cognisant "if I do that then we learn nothing, gain nothing and increasingly will end up with nothing. Now if only you had some patience, ole boy. You're just too hasty by far!"

Lionheart enjoyed chiding his enemy but in truth, he didn't feel quite so confident as he was hoping he sounded. The distraction was momentarily welcome but hardly helpful in the present circumstances. Nonetheless, it was time to get on with things. First stop, the bridge, whilst he could rattle around the rest of the ship at blinding speed, he needed to find out what was going on and Frostbite likely wouldn't abandon that unless there was no other option. Yet that was what they were facing, with the fleet dead in the void of space, what were they facing?

OOC:Unless I come across something like Frostbite Snr, or Wandafar I'll try and make the best speed for the bridge as the ships limitations allow. I will however stop to help crew where stopping might be of use. And then see where we go from there.

========
Admin wrote:Frostbite

This thing was fast! Despite being ready for it the interloper had gotten the drop on him! He wondered how it would compare to Lionheart. Strange how things ran through your head when the threat of death or a thrashing at the very least was close!

"I suppose there is little point in trying to talk - you look like the sort of minion who has one job and that's as the German's called it Blitzkrieg!"

Frostbite mouthed the words assuming the air to be sucked out without a force field in operation to stop it being sucked away. Still, he wasn't one not to try and communicate since if by parly he could affect the rescue of the ship's crew and save their lives he was all for it.

Still, he had to be practical, the creature had torn apart the hardened exterior and managed to get the drop on him despite his initial readiness and now he was partially blinded. Not his best day on the job, one would be forced to conclude. Still, it wasn't how the battle started but how it was finished that mattered most. You might not land the first blow, but you could try and land the last, as his old Sargent at arms used to say.

OOC: Ok going to go to Frostbite's fluid form and get ready his energy attack, going to try and play it defensively for now as he cannot be sure how well an ice blast will do against a creature already able to withstand the cold of space. But if push comes to shove then energy blast it is, but if he gets in close and that doesn't come as an option then its a switch to Martial Arts for some down and dirty hand to hand I guess.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 15 2019, 09:30

Moving at speed in the pitch darkness Lionheart was aware of something else now.

Loss of gravity as backup systems went down, and a dropping temperature. Neither bothered him but drove home the need to get this thing up and running again!

With the Void Skater still unconscious and tucked under an arm he flew through the corridors using his night vision and rounded a bend to see crew members struggling with the lack of gravity. One was tumbling, flailing, grasping... panic was about to set in! Lionheart righted them all, setting them on the floor and in arms reach of each other. Precious seconds lost. Before they could thank him he moved on. Prising a lift open, he looked up and up. The ship was enormous.

He'd explored it at speed but without a photographic memory he was limited to go up as far as he could and get to the top deck then look for the bridge in the dark. Throughout the ship he knew other crew members would be struggling as those he'd found only moments ago. If he wanted to truly help, then he'd need to get the ship up and running again.

He set off up the lift shaft.

Suddenly his Danger Sense went off!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:16 SUCCESS

Tucked under his arm, the Void Skater was waking up!

=========

With a snow like/icy shard form Frostbite felt that any physical blow the creature might land would be blunted. Unfortunately it felt like he was blundering about in the dark!

He could unleash the full power of his energy blast on the bridge to nail the interloper but the damage to the controls would be devastating!

OOC Ok, the way FLASH works (the power, not the hero) is it reduces Dex temporarily by blinding or dazzling (in this case) the target. However, as written it doesn't degrade things like Energy Blast or ranged powers. That's a flaw in the game but that's how it was written and I'm not fixing it just to nerf Frosty. So I'm getting around it by offering Frosty a full accuracy blast but at the cost of smashing the bridge up as he sweeps his arms round with a wild blast. Your call, I'll wait for the reply then resolve.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 4 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 19 2019, 17:41

Admin wrote:Lionheart

Suddenly his Danger Sense went off!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:16 SUCCESS

Tucked under his arm, the Void Skater was waking up!

Oh uh, Lionheart thought to himself before doing his best to put this on ice before things got any worse.

OOC:Going to go for mind blast because clearly, these guys can regen or something really quick. I thought Coup de grace put them out for ages, but that was in GH rules. Not sure what it is in DC, so mind blast since its unlikely I'll kill them just put him into a deeper sleep. IN terms of the type of attack I'll leave that to you to best decide.

And with that done, you seem to implicate putting the engines back on, I didn't know that was a thing I could do, but if it's worth a shot then I'll head down and see if we can't do that. The only reason I'd not tried it is because I figured as soon as I got the engine on, it would stall with these void scatters dancing about the place.

=========
Admin wrote:Frostbite

Frostbite didn't like the odds of permanently smashing up the ship and still not getting anywhere, so decided that leaving was now the better part of valour. Not least of all because strategically it made more sense than to blindly blast everywhere and everything.

Changing form, he sought to slip away in his gel/slush form, hoping that despite the force of gravity being non-existent in the inert ship, down was still where his feet were pointing moments ago.

OOC: Ok change of form, and seek to slip away since it's probably best we regroup and fight than try and fight under our present slowly diminishing chances of winning scenario. A summary of my strategy so far seems to be, "fight, fight, fight! Oh heck that ain't working, run away, run away..." Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 21 2019, 10:11

LIONHEART

Placing a hand on either side of the Void Skaters head, Lionhearts eyes glowed and he 'shocked' the Void Skater into a state of unconsciousness again.

At this range, and with the power of that blast, they'd wake up with a headache too, if their brains worked anything like a humans!

He sped through the ship, using flight to avoid walls as it rotated ever so slightly and got to the engine room, having to put down his captive as he grabbed and slid the doors open. On the other side were dozens of technicians who'd been trying without success to get the doors open. They fell into the corridor at Lionhearts feet and one spluttered "Thank the maker!"

The Engine room was a vast place with a pulsing white tube metres across and dozens of metres high. It didn't have its usual blue glow right now though.

The Chief Engineer spluttered "We've been trying to restart the main power plant but in doing so ruptured one of the coolant pipes in an effort to bypass the electromagnetic suppression effect. It WILL work, I'm sure of it, but our breathing gear has been contaminated by the coolant leak, which we didn't detect till it was too late! We need the power on, and to get the crew who are injured to sickbay!"

Lionheart dumped his burden and moved over to the reactor. The Engineering Chief followed, coughing, and looking a sickly shade of his normal purple skin. He'd ordered almost everyone to get out into the corridor to breathe cleaner air, but he himself stood next to Lionheart. "The coolant is odourless and colourless. If we ever get out of this mess I'll fix that! If we can attach the pipes back up..." he looked over a railing at the bottom of twenty metre deep shaft going around the tube where a dozen unconscious crew were in heaps after trying without success to attach the heavy looking pipe to a conduit "...I think the fusion process will restart. Whatever ... 'turned us off' caused the systems on the ships to panic and shut down to avoid overloading. Bypassing the usual safety protocol will fix it! The little man with the funny voice theorised it in passing while muttering something about missing Eastenders. He was just checking things out and I thought he was talking nonsense. Until now. That pipe... needs to be reconn... uhhhh."

The Chief collapsed, unconscious!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 21 2019, 10:22

FROSTBITE

"Get out, now!" shouted Frostbite to his team as they made their way down the lift shaft to escape.

For his part Frostbite blinked away tears of ice that streamed from his dazzled eyes and formed layer after layer of superhard ice, as strong as steel, to form a barrier across the lift doorway. It wouldn't stop anything that could smash through alien alloy, but it might slow them down!

He dropped down the shaft, bouncing from wall to wall with a "ufff!" as he almost drunkenly tried to get his bearings.

'The coolant in the main engine room needs to be rerouted and the reaction process can then be restarted safely.'
said a voice in his head. Frostbot! 'The Electromagnetic null field overloaded the fleets computers and safety systems causing them to shut down. The same happened with me. Effectively it 'tricks' the systems into thinking it is under fatal attack and doesn't actually null electromagnetic energy. The Void Skaters use devices that could be described as gadgets that enhance their abilities. These would not work were their ability to null powered devices were constantly overriding them. However, it is an effective weapon for them to hijack spacecraft with.'

Frostbite was relieved to hear his friend again. His no nonsense voice in his head meant things were back to normal for him. He could rely on his friend to offer technical help and advice to get him out of this mess!

As if in response to an unspoken question, Frostbot added 'Get the power back up and you can use internal ships force fields to trap the intruders and re-activate the weapons.'

Suddenly a smashing sound heard from above was followed by a rain of shattered ice!

Frostbite landed in a 'superhero landing style' as his sight returned. The others had pried open a door at the lift shaft bottom and moved out into a corridor.

He was about to enter the corridor when he looked up and saw the black clad intruder climb into the shaft and level an arm at him. Another blinding flash or something else this time?

He could fire back, dive into the corridor or... a thought flashed to him. The lift was now ABOVE the Void Skater... Blasting the side clamp on one side would cause it to drop!

OOC Frosty has initiative, and Frostbot is back up and running.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 22 2019, 17:53

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

Bypassing the usual safety protocol will fix it! The little man with the funny voice theorised it in passing while muttering something about missing Eastenders. He was just checking things out and I thought he was talking nonsense. Until now. That pipe... needs to be reconn... uhhhh."

The Chief collapsed, unconscious!

Oh no, all that he needed, he quickly made sure the man was comfortable, getting the ship's power on, was even more of a priority now than before.

Dropping effortlessly into the hole, Lionheart lost no time getting to the scene the Chief had described. Being quick, but careful to see how things went together, he marshalled his strength for the effort of getting things back online, and urgently.

OOC:Ok connect Pipe (A) to intake (B) and hope that Engines (T) can be restarted without the crankshaft (X) ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 22 2019, 17:58

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE

He was about to enter the corridor when he looked up and saw the black-clad intruder climb into the shaft and level an arm at him. Another blinding flash or something else this time?

OOC Frosty has initiative, and Frostbot is back up and running.

The immediate irony of dropping a lift car on top of the intruder somehow appealed to Frostbite. Later on, in calmer moments he might reflect that this was totally childish and besides a waste of a perfectly good lift. But right then - he needed dramatic and he needed force and he needed it urgently. If the ship's engines could be brought online then they were no longer dead in the water and they were no longer defenceless. He had countless crew to account for, and leaving them stranded was not top of his to-do list this day.

[b]OOC:
Ok let's go for a targeted blast adding in Extra HP to buy to dice to make it more effective and likely to succeed - at least as far as the lift car falling that is. As to how effective that would be...Once (if) the car drops I'll exit post haste and leave to get to the engines asap

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 23 2019, 17:02

LIONHEART

Dropping down, ignoring the poison gas and scooping up the coolant pipe - which despite its size and girth was practically weightless to his superhuman strength - he sized up the connector, pushed in, and twisted. Glancing to where the pipe ran across the floor he saw half a dozen unconscious technicians and another who had fallen next to a big lever. Lionheart sped to that, wrenched... and the pipe bulged, shook and rumbled.

And the fusion plant shuddered.

A bright light glowed in the tube and got brighter... time to get these guys out!

FWOOOSH! In seconds the technicians were out and set in a comfortable position in the corridor as Lionheart sped back in. The alien machines and dials were gobbledigook. Wandafar would make childs play of them, but it seemed something was...

RUMMMMBLE!

The ship, all hundreds of thousands of tons of it, shuddered! Lights came on, floating equipment clattered to the floor as artificial gravity was restored and the hiss of fresh air pumped through vents. A clear glass shield dropped down around the power tube to protect from radiation and reduce the glare, which was like a sun. With coolant to manually cool the core the computers were able to start the reboot cycle. In minutes they'd have shields, propulsion, weapons... would they have that long? And what of the other ships? They'd need to do the same to get up and running. And in the meantime...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 23 2019, 17:23

FROSTBITE
HP (after using 21 for three extra dice) 104

Frostbite took careful aim and let rip with a blast!

OOC tricky shot, but with Energy Blast 17 (pushed ok : Roll(2d10)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16) it should be relatively straightforward, especially with the dice.

Roll(5d10)+0: 4,7,2,4,6,+0 Total: 8 DOUBLE (the 7+6 was also an option) plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:21 + 17 (38) vs TN11 + OV 13 (24). Easy.

THOOOM!

Frostbite smashed through the solid alloy coupling that would resist earthly 50 cal machine gun fire like it was a mountain ignoring a gnat. Against Frostys powerful blast it stood no chance!

THWACK!

The lift immediately dopped and smacked on top of the alien intruder who twisted and tried to bla...

SMASH!

The lift shot down like a missile into the shaft floor which meant...

'The Gravity and ships power have been restored' said Frostbot. 'Accessing the external sensors. The space creature which we helped before the attack on the fleet has... been of help. Its antibodies have clustered around the other ships in the fleet and the stray fighters we still have in space to drag them free of the gravity well of the planet! Without its help they would be burning up in the stratosphere...'

That didn't bear thinking about!

Just then metal made a shrieking, twisting sound, and Frostbite looked down. Hundreds of feet below the smashed lift wreckage was moving...

Just then a field shimmered across the lift shaft. 'I took the liberty of sealing off that section with a force field. It will not hold the creature for long if it was able to survive the impact of the lift hitting it, however...' said Frostbot. Frostbite blinked. His hand was touching a computer access panel. When had he done that? Had Frostbot willed him to do it somehow?

Firebrand (Sarah) called out "Boss! The ships power is restored! We can head to the armoury and get those cyborgs up and running if you want..."

"And grab a massive gun. Or two." added Impulse (Fred). Despite their powers they still thought in terms of being ordinary human beings in the presence of Lionheart, Frostbite and Wandafar who were vastly more experienced.

Speaking of which, where was his diminutive friend? His brain, a functioning ship and Frostbot must surely find a way to repel the boarders and give them something to worry about in the void of space!

The metal groaned and shrieked from the lift shaft... Frostbite was about to go sort it out when Rebuff (Michael) called out...

An icy figure, hulking, and filling most of the corridor, waited, both hands glowing and staring at Frostbite.

OOC Uh oh... could this be ... FROSTBITE VS FROSTBITE in a battle for the fate of the galaxy??? Heh, need a cheesy Jack Kirby cover and some dramatic speech balloons... over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 24 2019, 15:40

The ship, all hundreds of thousands of tons of it, shuddered! Lights came on, floating equipment clattered to the floor as artificial gravity was restored and the hiss of fresh air pumped through vents. A clear glass shield dropped down around the power tube to protect from radiation and reduce the glare, which was like a sun. With coolant to manually cool the core, the computers were able to start the reboot cycle. In minutes they'd have shields, propulsion, weapons... would they have that long? And what of the other ships? They'd need to do the same to get up and running. And in the meantime...

Metaphorically Lionheart wanted to high five the sentient alien planet he'd had a hand in helping sort itself out. But right now they had a stowaway and aliens still inbound. Now they'd got out of this particular difficulty it was a question of repelling borders and clearing the mess up. Something that he didn't relish in any shape.

With a sigh, to check with the Chief and the men they were ok to help one another, Lionheart sped off to find the others, but first, it was a quick stop to drop his prisoner to med back with Wandafar. He had hoped with power up the creature could be contained and humanely pressed for answers, or examined for help.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 24 2019, 15:49

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE

OOC Uh oh... could this be ... FROSTBITE VS FROSTBITE in a battle for the fate of the galaxy??? Heh, need a cheesy Jack Kirby cover and some dramatic speech balloons... over to you...[/i][/color]

Flying up to 'greet' his doppelganger hoping that he might yet try and get through - he was curious as well to see if there was anything like his own sentient Frostbot on this version of himself if indeed it was actually him and not some clever ruse.

"HI Big fella, not sure that I like looking into the mirror and seeing the older version of what I become...but how about we seek to talk and not fight whilst those whom you seem to be fleeing have the chance to capture you all over again. They have boarded you know so it would be good before they come and join us in person that you let us know who you are and what on earth we are up against?"

Though Frostbite thought himself a leader before a soldier, old habits died hard, he was ready to engage if engagement is all the ice-clad mirror version of himself wanted. However, he hoped, despite the vanity of thinking it, that they might be able to talk. But who knew what this version of himself had been through, that he was older, captured and present here and now was all so very curious. Having no idea what this was about, nonetheless the very fact they shared identical powers and looks, perhaps mannerisms he hoped wasn't going to be greeted with suspicion but rather with recognition and a chance to actually get out in front of what had, so far proven how woefully inadequate they'd been for this attack.

OOC:Ok going for parley and seeing if we cannot get to cucumber sandwiches and tea before we get to fisticuffs and energy blasts. If it comes to energy blasts and fisticuffs however I am going to suggest the team get back to the bridge and repel boarders and try and contain them. Get the rest of the ship with rescuing and repelling the attackers who are still out there someplace. And get weapons if need be.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 29 2019, 09:05

LIONHEART

Speeding through the ship, avoiding dazed crew as they wandered through corridors going back to their posts, Lionheart knew time was against him. With the rate of recovery these things had shown it was clear there was a need to restrain it. The Med bay was as good a place as any. Wandafar would have some idea...

...or maybe not.

He got to the med bay (one of dozens on board a ship this size) and saw the diminutive genius slowly getting to his feet. The other medical personnel were out for the count and the place was dripping wet from melting ice. Some of the ice still hung from the ceiling and it was clear that the 'Older Frostbite' had decided to check out early.

Wandafar looked up, rubbing his head. "Ze older Frostbite decided to check out early." he grumbled. "He is stronger than our version, I am sinking." He pointed to the mangled remains of a gurney and the shredded straps. "Mind you ve hef not truly measured Frostbites limits so..." He sighed, started to right a few chairs and looked at the Void Skater Lionheart had brought him. "An unvelcome guest? I sink ve may hef to move it to a more secure place. Ve hef cells but zey vould not be strong enough I am sinking. Instead..." he looked back at the unconscious personnel and activated a comm link on his wrist, speaking into it. "Get medical and clean up crew to Med Bay 13. Wandafar out." he looked at Lionheart. "Follow me."

Minutes later the pair (and Void Skater) stepped out of a lift and into a backup engine room. The place was smaller than the main engine and the huge cylindrical fusion plant was dormant. With a few pressed controls the cylinder rose. "Chuck it in there." said Wandafar. "I vill sort it so zet ze environment is breathable but ... vell, vatch."

With a HISS the cylinder filled with foam. Metallic cables swished through the white foam and provided oxygen. The foam set near instantly and Wandafar turned. "Zet vud not be storng enough to hold you, but ze foam in there is supposed to shut down a fusion reactor instantly. It absorbs energy and sets harder than anything. The cables will pump oxygen to make a bubble around ze intruders head and provide air. Even you vud struggle to make a dent on zis gless though. Remarkable. It is reinforced with a force field and would withstand a nuclear explosion. Just as vell really, otherwise when the engines started up ve vud be turned into esh."

With the prisoner stowed Lionheart turned to the task of sorting out the other intruders. Wandafar made it easier, handing a comm link and accessing a computer. "Trecking... three more intruders. Vun is ... oh. On ze main bridge going after Frostbite. he may need a hend. Ze other two.. Akh! Vun is going after ze engine room, ze other is heading to ... environmental control! Zey are plenning to either shut down the ship or flush everyone into space! Vy is my life alvays crazy?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 30 2019, 08:16

'Old FROSTBITE' marched to within twenty feet of his younger counterpart.

No dome on the chest.

He spoke for the first time... "Time... fractured... They seek what is within! For that... you... we... must die!"

Well that sounded like he'd had his dose of crazy juice administered this morning!

Rebuff stood forward "I don't know who you are, or why you are doing this, but to get to our leader you'll have to go through us!"

Impulse added "And that... won't be as easy as you think!"

Firebrand laughed "Ice versus fire? In every version of this, fire wins!" she paused, and glanced to Frostbite. "Oh, uh sorry boss."

Banging and crashing sounds came from behind them in the lift shaft.

OOC Initiative...

Roll(2d10)+0:
4,Frostbite
9,Old frostbite

'Old' Frostbite wins!

He swept an arm across the corridor... Energy flashed out, and where it struck steel hard ice was left in its wake!

OOC Energy Blast 20  with a multi attack on Impulse, Rebuff and Firebrand... Going for Critical Blow. Roll(2d10)+0:
8,8, DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:26 + EB 20 (46) vs TN11 + Multi Attack (+4) + Crit Blow (+4) + highest Dex of Targets (7) (26) total. +6EV. 20EV + 6 - 4 (multi attack) = 22 vs RV 6 - 6RV (Crit Blow)= 20 damage apiece.

A blinding flash, cries of alarm...

And the corridor was coated in ice, Frostbites team (Impulse, Rebuff, Firebrand) (very) down (OOC Zero body out for a while) and out for the count!

"They are not dead. Yet." said Old Frostbite with an ice cold voice. "I will give you one chance to surrender. After that, I will destroy this ship... for what is one ship, thousands of lives... placed against the entirety of the universe???"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 31 2019, 14:23

[b]

With the prisoner, stowed Lionheart turned to the task of sorting out the other intruders. Wandafar made it easier, handing a comm link and accessing a computer. "Trecking... three more intruders. Vun is ... oh. On ze main bridge going after Frostbite. he may need a hend. Ze other two.. Akh! Vun is going after ze engine room, ze other is heading to ... environmental control! Zey are plenning to either shut down the ship or flush everyone into space! Vy is my life alvays crazy?"

Frostbite would have to take care of himself, Lionheart reasoned, it was imperative that the other crew and the newly restarted ship not be stopped before more harm could be done. Environmental controls wouldn't work if the engines were shut down, so first stop was back there, before expelling the pests in the next stop.

"I'm going for the engines, once I've got a few of these guys out cold you might want to rig something up to keep them that way. I only hope ole Frosty isn't going to be overwhelmed at his end?"

And with that Lionheart sped off toward the engine room.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 31 2019, 14:31

Admin wrote:'Old FROSTBITE' marched to within twenty feet of his younger counterpart.

"They are not dead. Yet." said Old Frostbite with an ice cold voice. "I will give you one chance to surrender. After that, I will destroy this ship... for what is one ship, thousands of lives... placed against the entirety of the universe???"

"Friend I can't tell you how many times I've heard that the fate of the universe...blah, blah, blah. Look I mean you no disrespect but I do think for all the bad that seems to endless get thrown up, the good guys win every time. We wouldn't be here if it weren't so. So instead of making a unilateral decision about the fate of my crew v the universe you tell me what is going on and what caused you to end up in this state. And please do it quickly, because that guy I just dropped our elevator on is mighty annoyed and about to break out soon. And then we'll have all the chances of a Mexican standoff."

Frostbite wasn't best pleased with how the older version of him was ranting on, losing sight of what also stood at stake if we saved the universe by stamping on the little or in the case of his team, not so little guys. The older Frostbite was formidable an opponent with or without Frostbot, but giving in suicidally and fatalistically surrendering just wasn't in Frostbite's makeup.

So if the couldn't talk fight it would be.

OOC: I guess no point in trying to unfreeze my team, but I am worried that so frozen they might be brittle and easily broken to pieces, so if possible I'd like to get them defrosted even if they are limp, wet and remain unconscious. That is assuming one is allowed to talk and defrost? If our friend doesn't want to be friendly and is so far gone on his deathwish then it's open up with an attack of my own energy strike, to see if we are matched equally or not. I'm hoping he is not so far gone he isn't open to still talk.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 04 2019, 23:43

LIONHEART

Speeding through the ship and thinking logically, Lionheart heads to the engine room.

Outside the huge doors are bodies scattered all over. The crew had grabbed weapons, even tools and anything heavy enough to hit someone with.

It had been like bringing a pea shooter to a fight with a tank.

Moving at incredible speed Lionheart checked the vital signs of the twenty or so prone figures. He stood, shaking his head. The blows delivered had shattered skulls, spines, vital organs in chests... All were dead, and judging by the prone, tangled nature, had taken only a single blow to kill.

He moved to the huge blast doors of the Main Engine Room and found they'd not been forced open. So, there'd been an element of torture too. he looked at one of the prone figures and saw this decks engineering chief.

Stepping into the engine room, he shielded his eyes from the huge pulsing clear 'glass' tube running through floor and ceiling through this deck and dozens of others. it was ringed with computers, monitoring equipment, pipes heading here and there...

His danger sense told him there was danger here.

OOC But not where it was coming from Roll(2d10)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:5

He looked about. Where to cause the most...

Following the coolant pipes with his eyes he traced where they'd go and... There! in the shadows, a blur of motion! It was another of the dark clad Void Skaters that he'd already taken down. No problem! But... this one was bigger, and the armour looked clunky. A number of pipes had been ripped out and hissed coolant out. Pull enough of those and... well, they'd be in trouble all over again!

OOC Charge straight in, blast with mind attack, try something sneaky...? The enemy is around 100 feet away (it's a BIG room)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 05 2019, 08:32

OLD FROSTBITE shook his head.

"I remember when I was like you. Young, idealistic. You know from when you fought against the Shadow Demons, that there are infinite realities. Most of these are not accessible. They are ... too far away. Too different. Did you know that in some realities you are a woman? The point is, there are those in various realities who have decided to take what they need from others and have a grand plan... to DESTROY all other realities save the one they carve for themselves! And what they need from this reality is... you! Or rather the sentient computer housed within you! Yes, FROSTBOT, which was torn from me! I am only alive because our physical form is the link which keeps the Frostbot alive! Somewhere, in another reality, is a vast ship housing thousands of Frostbites from other realities! All held in stasis. The enemy is all powerful, and it has a plan!"

Frostbot spoke inside Frostbites mind 'This deluded fool is talking nonsense. He is lying, and plans to fool you, I predict.'

Old Frostbite waved a hand, and the cold in the corridor vanished, drawn into his body! Frostbite turned and saw his team mates gasping, shuddering, and shivering. They were alive though. The older man stepped forward. "Listen to me. Frostbot is what they are after. And FROSTBOT is the enemy!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 08 2019, 14:35

OOC Charge straight in, blast with mind attack, try something sneaky...? The enemy is around 100 feet away (it's a BIG room)

Sneaky was not really Lionheart's style and in this situation sneaky wasn't going to stop the would-be saboteur before more damage could be done. Clearly a match for his own strength, and certainly a challenge for his own speed, but perhaps not for his own mind. Lionheart didn't need to wait to get in range, but flew up and blasted as he did, making sure not to pull his punches. The last one woke far too soon, and he wanted to make sure this one didn't find a way to do more harm before too long either.

OOC:Full on mind blast, and hoping to take this punk down before he can do any lasting damage. Assume all the witty banter and funny lines are presently in Lionhearts head as he wants to use the surprise of him being there to his advantage, the repartee will have to wait this time Sad

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 08 2019, 14:43

Admin wrote:OLD FROSTBITE shook his head.

Frostbot spoke inside Frostbites mind 'This deluded fool is talking nonsense. He is lying, and plans to fool you, I predict.'

Old Frostbite waved a hand, and the cold in the corridor vanished, drawn into his body! Frostbite turned and saw his teammates gasping, shuddering, and shivering. They were alive though. The older man stepped forward. "Listen to me. Frostbot is what they are after. And FROSTBOT is the enemy!"

Frostbite was about to laugh, but something had chilled him. Something in the way Frostbot spoke. Never before had Frostbot ever shown a shred of what one would consider an emotion, but all of a sudden, he played and replayed the words Frostbot had started with, "This deluded fool is talking nonsense. He is lying, and plans to fool you, I predict." Something in the calm measure of words, wasn't so calm. Frostbite didn't want to believe his older self, but the evidence before him was beginning to look a little too hard to overlook.

"I'd like to talk to you more, but how can I be sure you aren't just telling us what you want us to hear. How can I be sure you yourself are not a pawn or an enemy? Frostbot has never steered me wrong...?" To be sure Frostbot had at times seemed reluctant to rejoin him at times, perhaps preferring the unlimited nature of being within different housings, such as mainframes or when he first took on a robot hence the name. But the thought of losing one whom he had always considered a faithful companion if not in some strange way a friend. Let alone the fact that being within him, how could he separate himself from the sentient programme. And more importantly, how could they stop the attack.

That last comment he repeated allowed, "This is all very well, but right now my ship and crew are in deadly danger, I need to stop this attack, if you can't help us with that, there can be no further discussion. But help me, and we can then see if what you are saying is true."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 08 2019, 15:39

LIONHEART

Unleashing his trademark energy lion to launch at his black clad opponent, Lionheart felt the need to finish this guy quick. There was something about the way his opponent moved, something familiar. No time for that! blast!

OOC Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d10)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:20 vs TN11 + Int 10 (21) Missed!

Lionheart knew he'd aimed... what!

The opponent seemed to step around and through the energy tendrils Lionheart had blasted! He had almost seemed to know where the blow was coming from and had time to prepare!

What the!

For his part the interloper gestured a hand, and a mental energy blast crackled back at Lionheart!

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:14 + Mind Blast 13 (27) vs TN11 + Int 10 (21). +3 Effect (to 16) vs 20RV. No damage.

The energy washed over Lionheart and whilst he felt his personal mind shield tested, it remained solid. This was soooo familiar! What on earth was...

The attacker moved forward its target forgotten. Then a pair of hands raised to the helmet... a hiss, several clicks, and it lifted aside...

That face! No! It couldn't be! Lionheart was fighting... HIMSELF!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 08 2019, 15:50

OLD FROSTBITE and VANGUARD FROSTBITE

The older man considered the words. "You don't understand! The attackers have a very advanced form of armour about them! Aside from the electromagnetic pulse effect they act as amplifiers, an aerial of sorts! they amplify the thoughts and desires of the true enemy who is..."

SKRZZZZZ!!!!

Frostbite winced as his head was filled by white static! He could only see the older mans lips move but not actually hear him! Now he was taking a step forward, reaching with a hand... which started to glow!

'I have blanked out the sounds from the interlopers mouth.' explained Frostbot. 'Without further analysis I cannot be sure, but he appears to have a hypnotic effect in his vocal chords that allows him to effect a part of the brain which renders the target susceptible to suggestion regardless of how outlandish it sounds! He would doubtless next have instructed you that he would help, and when your back was turned... look out! he is attacking!'

Frostbite saw the older man walk forward. He was still talking, which Frostbite couldn't hear, but the expression on his face didn't suggest malice. That said, if the man was trying to convince him with some special power...?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 09 2019, 19:34

That face! No! It couldn't be! Lionheart was fighting... HIMSELF!

"What the..." Well for once words failed Lionheart. He'd seen a lot but this was the most unexpected. First, a Frostbite that was older now himself! Was this some sort of conspiracy some sort of mirror dimension copies or clones...knowing his own past the thought of clones wasn't one that thrilled him.

Clearly this clone or double was like him, but all like him? Did he have a Saladin in residence for instance? Chances were, that whatever his motive, that he was attacking a ship with no provocation and damaging whoever got in his way, was more than sufficient justification to fight back. And fight back hard.

Lionheart made to attack with his mind - hoping to feint and instead go in with speed, and his deadly martial arts skills. He had to test this double and see if he did have what it took to bear the name Lionheart or not.

OOC: Well colour me surprised. Right as the man said, in for a straight-up fisty cuff attack with martial arts and speed hoping to catch him off balance.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 09 2019, 19:42

Admin wrote:OLD FROSTBITE and VANGUARD FROSTBITE

'I have blanked out the sounds from the interloper's mouth.' explained Frostbot. 'Without further analysis I cannot be sure, but he appears to have a hypnotic effect in his vocal cords that allows him to effect a part of the brain which renders the target susceptible to suggestion regardless of how outlandish it sounds! He would doubtless next have instructed you that he would help, and when your back was turned... look out! he is attacking!'

Frostbite saw the older man walk forward. He was still talking, which Frostbite couldn't hear, but the expression on his face didn't suggest malice. That said if the man was trying to convince him with some special power...?

Once again, and probably not for the first time part of Frostbite marvelled at the way his companion could turn his hand in the most extraordinary ways - not least of blocking out the suggestion or was it blocking so as to cover the innocence of what was going on here because there was no suggestion? Frostbite had been with Frostbot through thick and thin, he'd never have reason to question the 'loyalty' or integrity of his companion. So it had always been, surely, after all, they'd been through there could be no great conspiracy. After all, how could they have found them out here in the vastness of space, when they only popped back into this dimension a short while ago?

No, until facts could be established, Frostbite had to go with what Frostbot told him - at least till he could verify things. But that didn't mean he couldn't be on his guard, and Frostbot ought to know that. Blocking speech was one thing, but Frostbite still had the upper hand and Frostbot surely knew that, so he wasn't worried - but this was getting all the more mysterious. And whilst things became more obscure, with the possibility of lies and deception it was important to remember who your friends were.

OOC: Ok so I'll go with trusting Frostbot and hope I am not wrong. As the idea that Frostbot could be behind some kind of concerted attack seems outlandish. Possible the fact that this Frostbite doesn't have Frostbot might well be the real target of this attack. But until Frostbite can be sure, he is going to maintain his loyalty to his friend. And take evasive action as needed depending on what happens...which I guess if this Frostbite is trying to take on our Frostbite shouldn't be long. He is probably just waiting for our FB to lower his guard. So Frosty will play along and act casual and see what happens, ever ready to reply if it looks like he has got an enemy possing as a friend.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next