The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

Post  Admin Tue Jun 11 2019, 14:09

LIONHEART vs ... LIONHEART!

Delivering super speed martial arts blows Lionheart suppressed his surprise and hammered in with super speed martial arts blows!

OOC Assuming POWER RESERVE (13) adds to Superspeed (10, total 23) to substitute for DEX. 23 + Roll(7d10)+0:
9,8,3,1,9,8,5,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 4,6,+0 Total: 28 (51) vs TN11 + Dex (effective) 25 (36). +5 Effect (to 18) vs RV 24. No damage!

Blurring hands struck time and again, as did kicks and jabs. The opponent moved faster still, but skill won out and multiple blows landed... to no effect!

Grinning, wiping his mouth and seeing no blood, 'other' Lionheart snarled "You fight with speed and passion, but I have years on you. I made my peace with Saladin, and I am, in all aspects, SUPERIOR!"

With blurring hands he launched his own attack!

OOC Effective Dex 25 (Superspeed + Pow Reserve) + Roll(7d10)+0: 10,1,3,1,2,7,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:28 (53) vs TN11 + Effective Dex 23 (34). +6EV (to 20EV) vs RV 22. No damage!

Feeling his force field pushed, Lionheart ducked, weaved, blocked... and took dozens of blows to his face! Only his force field stopped the blows short of his face by millimetres, and the opponents, both near evenly matched and frustrated, backed off slightly from each other.

'Other' Lionheart frowned. "Impressive. Despite the fact you have not fully accepted Saladins input, you are fast, strong and durable. Join me! Across all realities only a few have had the vision and imagination to see that a way forward exists to end war, strife, hunger, crime... To do so, one must slice out the heart of the evil that threatens all living beings!"

His frown deepened "Or do as I expect. Fight on. I will grind you down, and your team mates will be smashed. Or perhaps I shall simply bypass you and batter them as you chase behind me, slightly too late to help! We do not have time to tarry. Decide. NOW!"

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1

Post  Admin Tue Jun 11 2019, 14:20

OLD FROSTBITE continued to move towards Frostbite

Frostbot spoke inside its symbiotes mind 'Attack! Whilst he continues to speak and tries to fool you!'

Frostbite watched as the older man walked forward, hands out and speaking, which was still blanked out by white noise! He glanced at the older mans mouth as he spoke 'Meld' 'Domination' and 'Reality' seemed to come out. What was he talking about, and was Frostbot right?

All of a sudden the older man raised his hands to head level and stopped short, still speaking! He intended to... what.. .freeze Frostbites head??? But he'd stopped moving forward, a couple of feet short and continued speaking.

'NOW! His defences may be down! Strike!' said Frostbot inside his head.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 12 2019, 21:53

Admin wrote:LIONHEART vs ... LIONHEART!

His frown deepened "Or do as I expect. Fight on. I will grind you down, and your team mates will be smashed. Or perhaps I shall simply bypass you and batter them as you chase behind me, slightly too late to help! We do not have time to tarry. Decide. NOW!"

Lionheart thought about it, did he go along with this nutter? What on earth possessed him to go down this line of thinking? But he knew the answer, Saladin probably wore him down from within. Then again, maybe there was some latent desire or some flaw that lead him in this version to be more susceptible to his lies. But then came the point that if he did go along with him, he would probably need to cause as much wanton damage as possible to prove he was loyal. Simply put there was no easy way to bluff...he'd know.

With a sigh, he realised if he had to hold onto his own integrity (Frostbite must be wearing off on him) he'd have to fight it out. What choice did he have left?

"You idiot, you think Saladin is the source of your strength, and not we ourselves! Well, I guess it's been unpleasant knowing you, but it won't last long."

Lionheart didn't wait for a response, before he went in, hard.

OOC: Ok so buy extra 2 die for attack and damage, and go in with super speed and martial arts, let's see how good this guy is. I'm attempting to wear him down if I have to blow all my HP in doing it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 12 2019, 21:58

Admin wrote:OLD FROSTBITE continued to move towards Frostbite

Frostbot spoke inside its symbiotes mind 'Attack! Whilst he continues to speak and tries to fool you!'

All of a sudden the older man raised his hands to head level and stopped short, still speaking! He intended to... what.. .freeze Frostbites head??? But he'd stopped moving forward, a couple of feet short and continued speaking.

NOW! His defences may be down! Strike!' said Frostbot inside his head.

In for a penny, Frostbite couldn't help feeling that if he had come this far then it had better be all the way or no way.

He used the opportunity of his compliance to blast as hard as he could muster, hoping that by some stroke he might be able to strike down his counterpart before he had a chance to get back at him. No doubt he had years of experience, perhaps greater mastery and cunning. Frostbite had to reckon with all these hoping that sheer dumb luck, or the simple stupidity of what he was attempting against an older him, might somehow yet achieve.

OOC:OK go for energy attack, buying die to keep us in the game, with HP and dish out sufficient damage to take this dude down before he has the chance to retaliate. Bit of a long call, since I am not sure if energy attack of an ice type against an Ice Blaster even works - but here goes everything. Buy enough die for sufficient advantage to hit and dish out damage.

My back up plan is to unleash Frostbot on him, but I'm not even sure if that is possible or advisable? But it might confuse him long enough to get in some physical licks if that is what it takes.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 14 2019, 10:10

LIONHEART

OOC Roll(2d10)+0: 2 Lionheart, 5 Evil Lionheart

'That was a first! Someone faster than me?' Lionheart wondered at times like this how strange thoughts moved into his head. it was like fighting in a mirror... but the reflection was faster, better at fighting, smarter even, seeming to... BANG!

OOC Evil Lionheart (EL) wins initiative and launches a martial arts attack at Lionheart, going for a DEVASTATING ATTACK...

Dex 25 + Roll(7d10)+0: 4,10,1,9,2,6,2,+0 Total:19 no doubles!! Total 44 vs TN11+Dex23 + 8 (Dev Attack) 42. HIT.+2EV (to 14 Str). 16EV vs RV 22 - 12 (Dev Attack) = 6 Damage

Lionheart staggered under a series of bullet fast ultra hard blows, reeling as he ducked... into an uppercut. Still on his feet he straightened, fists up... into a karate kick that rammed him into a wall and left a 2" Lionheart indentation.

He reeled again... and straightened.

Evil Lionheart (EL) readied into a fighting stance. "It's like fighting myself. An inferior version. Even so... It's been a long time since I could find anyone I could cut loose on. Without them squishing."

"As for Saladin? I keep that fool cooped up in my head. I now see the BIGGER picture." snarled EL.

OOC Want to absorb the damage? Otherwise Lionheart is on 7/13 BODY

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart team up #1 - Page 5 Last-ditch

It'll cost you HP as per the list to absorb.

As for options, to break through the force field your opponent has (as he just did) you may need a reaaaaallllly high roll or go for a Critical Blow (makes things harder) or Devastating Attack (makes things MUCH harder. You saw the roll needed for EL just there). Your call.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 14 2019, 10:34

FROSTBITE HP 119

OOC Buying an extra die to blast. Adrenaline surge boosts energy blast to 17. The thing with Frostbite is that he needs to be iced up to resist cold... Cold Immunity was too expensive (and basically useless 99% of the time unless its like, cold) so Icing covers that. And this guy ain't iced up.

But he is phased (Dispersal)... Going for a Critical Blow

Energy Blast 17 + Roll(3d10)+0: 1,6,7,+0 Total:13 (30) vs TN11 + Dex 11 + Crit Blow (4) (26). Hit! +3 EV (to 20) vs RV 30 - 6 (Crit Blow). NO DAMAGE

The blast passed through older Frostbite who stands there and watches it. He then shakes his head, looks up, then flies at high speed through the ceiling!

'The coward is running! He knows your power is too much for him. However he remains a danger to this ship and to you. He needs to be eliminated.' said Frostbot inside Frostbites head.

Frostbite looked up. By dispersing (phasing) he could follow the other guy, or he could be smarter. With the power still functioning Frostbot could interface with the ships sensors and track Frostbite wherever he was on the ship. Despite being dispersed he still gave off life signs, plus the place was camera cover on every deck. old Frosty might think he could run, but there was nowhere to hide!

Still... why didn't he attack ...

'He's getting away!' stated Frostbot.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 16 2019, 20:19

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

It'll cost you HP as per the list to absorb.

As for options, to break through the force field your opponent has (as he just did) you may need a reaaaaallllly high roll or go for a Critical Blow (makes things harder) or Devastating Attack (makes things MUCH harder. You saw the roll needed for EL just there). Your call.[/i][/color]

Lionheart didn't, for the first time, know what to do.  He had never been hit in such a way before and he knew that although he could keep this up for a while, this was only going to go one way.  It wasn't as if they were evenly matched, his double had experience and skill that gave him an edge he lacked and he knew it.  He tried not to let it show, but at the same time wasn't sure what to do.  Run would only end the ships life, and their precious won victory.  But fighting, was clearly not going to win - yet who else could stop this guy!  No one was a match for him, and he wasn't a match for his advisory.  

OOC:wow, time to get stomped on...yes I'll absorb the damage, but not sure what to do.  If trying to hit him is really hard, then there is little point burning of HP to fight back, but I'm at a loss to know what to do!  I might be able to summon the power of a smart mouth to fight back with verbal wit and dexterity that even he, with all his speed, couldn't dodge, or evade.  But I think I'm really stumped as to what to do.  I await a beat down or a fruitless fight to the death unless it's at this point the dream ends and I wake up  Laughing Otherwise I keep going, maybe mind attack since the physical side isn't making a difference?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 16 2019, 20:25

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE HP 119

Still... why didn't he attack ...

'He's getting away!' stated Frostbot.

Frostbite was still a bit perturbed by the way his normally calm and unflappable sentient companion seemed anything but. But he didn't rightly trust a stranger who was attacking and brought with him a whole heap of merciless killers with him. Touching the appropriate panel, Frostbite bid Frostbot leave to do what he could. Whilst he himself said to the others, "Stay out of the fight, we're all out of our league here, but help whom you can, try to get systems back online and keep our intruders locked down or out. And be careful."

He added as if such a piece of advice had a chance of being followed. But he still felt responsible for the team, now trying to desperately survive who knew how far from home.

Dispersing he sought to follow his alternate self, wondering what on earth they had stumbled onto and what it would take to get them out.

OOC:OK let's see what we can see when we follow the old boy. Something doesn't add up here, I can't help but wonder if Evil Lionheart is with the bad guys and this guy is with us...but until I get more evidence to know what, and whom to trust...I guess Frostbite has to see this through. But his suspicions have been raised.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19 2019, 11:30

LIONHEART HP 72

Lionheart sucked in a deep breath. He was fighting a version of himself that was slightly stronger, faster, smarter... with every power he had turned up a notch!

OOC Damage absorbed, remaining HP as above.

Evil Lionheart grinned. "I once thought as you did. There are unlimited versions of us out there you know? I was plucked from a universe like yours. Slightly different in some respects. Something happened to change things. For me it was the death and imprisonment of my old team. The Executive were there to help people. Instead the people turned against ALL supers and my buddy Steeplejack was killed for standing up for the little guy. They killed him! The government called it an unfortunate series of events that had led to his death. They censored the press. They manipulated the facts to present to the people. Some of my team went with it 'for the greater good'. I didn't. I bided my time. My power levels shot up, as yours did. Always I was in control though. Now? Now I hunt other versions of myself down. It is for the greater good, but they don't understand. They fight, like you do. And they lose. Like you will. I can't even remember how many conversations like this I've had! Oh wait, here comes the mind blast!"

He grinned. Lionheart threw his 'mental lion' at his foe...

OOC Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d10)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (24) vs TN 11 + Int 11 (22). Hit +2 EV (15) vs RV 22. No damage.

Evil Lionheart (EL) grinned. "Tell you what. I'll give you a fighting chance. Get your friends and as many people as you can off this ship and the others. Call it a game of hide and seek... Once I'm done with the charges I'll come and find you... and snap whoevers neck that I find. It will be merciful compared to what is coming..."

Lionheart looked at 'himself', albeit an older version. Could he ever 'turn' bad like what he was seeing in front of him? He obviously thought his younger more virtuous self was beneath him, unable to hurt him in any meaningful way. That overconfidence might be his undoing. The fate of the universe hanging on a fist fight with a tougher version of himself might be a terrible idea, but despite how smart Lionheart was, he knew someone with better ideas...

Wandafar.

If anyone, given time, could figure a way around a problem, it had to be the alien dwarf genius!

The problem was, did EL know that as well? Had he already gotten to Wandafar?

It was that or keep taking a beating from this guy until he went down. And despite how fast he healed, Lionheart figured that his Evil self would know a way to keep him down... for good!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19 2019, 11:38

FROSTBITE

...flew up through the ceiling and into a corridor, and kept going up.

With Frostbot 'away' and in the system he couldn't help but feel uneasy about the way things were transpiring.

Up, and up, past startled crew members, through rooms, cafeterias, storage areas, bunks, areas where myriad number of pipes and cables ran, up and up. He wondered if his older version had turned off somewhere until he arrived in a security station.

A dazed pair of crew lay on the floor. They were moving but stunned, and the older Frostbite stood with his back to his younger version as he tried to access a security panel. "No! NO! The demon is too smart! He's locked me... ALL of us out! This ship is doomed! need to get..." he turned and saw his younger counterpart. He saw the chestplate with less of a blue glow. "No! NO! What have you done! Where is Frostbot? That's what they wanted! You fool!" He looked wild, a mad gleam in his eye, panicking almost. "I need to get off the ship... Find a way to shift realities... find another. There MUST be a way of stopping it!" he started to walk towards a wall, past Frostbite as if he weren't there! He looked desperate, terrified and flustered, muttering to himself and shaking his head... "No! So close.. there must be a way... there must!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 23 2019, 14:56

Admin wrote:LIONHEART HP 72

Wandafar.

All things considered, and in Lionheart's brain that was a lot, Wandafar was potentially his only ace in the hole. This seemingly deep, deep hole he had only the slightest chance getting out. Help in the form of a dwarf with a TV addiction and a shorter temper than his stature.

Lionheart didn't wait, he knew to leave his double was asking him to carry out the plan that would result in the ship probably suffering, but he had to stop this thing that he was looking at joining him would be the death sentence on the universe. At some point he had to wonder if they could boost their own ranks with his number from parallel universes, that might fight as he does, for order, law, and fellow people.

Taking off without a thought or word and hoping that the other him, had more important tasks to complete, Lionheart took to flight trusting this was the one act his enemy hadn't expected.

OOC: Sorry for the delay - been really busy then knackered as a result. Anyway, I'll put HP into speed if my doppelganger decides he does want to chase me if I can boast speed, so as to get away I run the chance of losing him and not leading him to Wandy. Use what you think I need to do so. This is kind of desperate at this stage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 23 2019, 15:04

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE

Where is Frostbot? That's what they wanted! You fool!" He looked wild, a mad gleam in his eye, panicking almost. "I need to get off the ship... Find a way to shift realities... find another. There MUST be a way of stopping it!" he started to walk towards a wall, past Frostbite as if he weren't there! He looked desperate, terrified and flustered, muttering to himself and shaking his head... "No! So close... there must be a way... there must!"

Frostbite cleared his throat and wondered if he ought to be more forceful. "Friend, I don't know that I was ever this preoccupied with something, but if we are going to work this out I often think that starting with talking is the only way to start meaningfully. I appreciate you seem to be on edge" And understatement, Frostbite conceded to himself - to say the least, "But if I am going to help, then I need to understand a little bit more. Maybe your Frostbot went haywire, heaven knows it is possible. I mean what isn't, but my Frostbot has never given me pause for thought. Besides which look where we are, we constantly risk our lives with the real threat that Frostbot would die with me, but he's never objected, never complained and never tried to skip out. So perhaps you can help me see what we're missing here?"

Frostbite talked calmly but forcefully seeking to reassure and not diminish the man's clear anxiety. But at the same time strike the balance with command in his voice to make it clear he wanted to help but needed the other him, to meet him in this confused state they appeared to be in.

OOC: The weird thing about controlling two characters is that you can see how Frostbite snr, seems to be telling the truth and that the others, whom Lionheart is facing, clearly might be in league with these Frostbot minions. Yet at the same time, it's hard, as I don't know who is telling the truth - so I'm playing as Frostbite would reacting to what he sees and knows, not whatLionheart (which let's be honest isn't much more) knows. Anyway, Frostbite is trying to talk the man of the ledge scenario and hoping that he getting through. If not I guess it's down to fisty cuffs, as I don't imagine this fella will come quietly.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 27 2019, 18:49

LIONHEART HP 72

Lionheart sped off, his incredible reflexes making the ship around him and the crew he came across seem as if they were frozen in time. However the man in the engine room was faster. Not by a huge amount but he was 'Lionheart +1' in all respects. The one opponent he couldn't defeat? Probably not in a straight fight, and the stakes were so high he dare not risk the lives of the crew and his friends on a fist fight.

A glance behind revealed... he wasn't being followed. That said the enemy was so quick he might even be waiting for him... or he may be setting the charges without fear of interference from his younger, weaker counterpart.

Moving through the ship, down floors, across levels through corridors and finally to the med bay where Wandafar was treating and being treated for injuries doled out by the Frostbite counterpart.

Wandafar turned at the rush of air even as a doctor was fussing over a swollen bruised eye.

"Ach! Leave me be. I suspect my friend here has matters of more import than a few stitches." muttered Wandafar. Lionheart explained.

Wandafar frowned. "Ve are screwed. Both counterparts are more powerful but... I suspect the Frostbite counterpart is not what he seems. Ze Lionheart counterpart? He vill set charges on every level of the main power cores. Even viz his speed he vill have to take care. Timers to set, explosives to place carefully and so on. Zet said ve hef... minutes at best? Zere MUST be a vay out."

He pondered. "Gather ze Vanguard. Grab..." he spun, grabbing a stethoscope from the table. "Here. Ve need to get all our people, and anyone who wants to go viz us, off ze ship und onto ze space monster zet you saved. Zen ve get ze beasty to jump to hyperspace. Just pulling zet stethoscope away from ze microverse field zet surrounds the ships und ze plenet back into little land. Ze explosives vill be left floating in space und hopefully give a surprise to zese clowns zet are attacking. Ve hef no time to lose! Round everyone up! Start with Frostbite und ze trainees!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 27 2019, 19:23

FROSTBITE

Appealing to his older counterpart, Frostbite saw the man wring his head in his hands then look up with fear at Frostbite... no. At the chestplate.

'He is about to attack you!' said Frostbot.

The older man took a deep breath, his hands quivering. Energy started to gather around them... Frostbite phased, making himself intangible but know that might stop the energy blast completely!

Older Frostbite levelled a hand at younger Frosty... then sighed and lowered it.

'He is trying to trick you' said Frostbot.

"This must seem strange to you. Another version of me... us... came to me and persuaded me that the Shadow Demons were coming back and that he had persuaded other versions of us to join in the fight against them. The idea was to combine the processing power of our computer mind into one whole to come up with a plan and thwart the Shadows. It seemed sensible. I went along. It was a tra......ARGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!" he screamed, clutching his head as energy glowed around him!

There was a sudden rush of air and Frostbite turned to see his friend, Lionheart, stood in the doorway. He was dressed in black though, like the aliens Frostbite had been fighting save for the blank face helmet.

"Joseph! Thank goodness I found you in time!" said Lionheart. "There's a plot to seize you and this guy, an evil counterpart of you, was sent to draw you away from the ship. However there are others with him and we need to get you out of here." He sped over to Older Frostbite, who clutched his head in pain. "One last blast should put this guy down for the count. We need to get out of here! Buddy." he added.

He grinned, and Frostbite was more confused than ever. Why was Lionheart wearing one of the bad guys uniforms? He was also carrying a pack on his back.

And... was it Frostbite barking up the wrong tree or did his friend seem slightly... older?

'You should trust him. We need to go along with Lionhearts plan.' stated Frostbot. As he watched, he saw Older Frostbites hands start to glow again...

"I wouldn't bother, old man." said Lionheart. "We both know you're no match for me."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 28 2019, 18:09

Ve hef no time to lose! Round everyone up! Start with Frostbite und ze trainees!"

Lionheart nodded remember where he last saw the rest of the Vanguard and hoping that they'd lose the least amount of the team possible. This scenario was something like an extinction level event for them all if he didn't somehow pull off the impossible, getting everyone out before it was too late facing perhaps his worst threat, himself +1.

Lionheart shuddered involuntarily, it was his own worst nightmare, the power he gained without the restraint or moral compass that guided his actions. All power corrupts, and absolute power...then he was gone. Action was what he needed and he could take the rest, was up to chance, luck, God? Lionheart didn't know who they manage to keep coming back from the seemingly impossible especially when the odds were so massively against them. But would this be their Waterloo, their one step too far...if it was it wasn't going to be without a darn good try from him? Lionheart 2.0 might be his better in all ways, but he'd forgotten the part that made him so fierce like the Lion was that second part of his name. A Lion, noblest of the beasts was impressive but all muscle, instinct and predatory drive without the heart that made his name and his role something that gave him purpose - that was more than just raw power.

OOC:Do like Wandafar said and make tracks to round up the troops.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 28 2019, 18:19

"Joseph! Thank goodness I found you in time!" said Lionheart. "There's a plot to seize you and this guy, an evil counterpart of you, was sent to draw you away from the ship. However there are others with him and we need to get you out of here." He sped over to Older Frostbite, who clutched his head in pain. "One last blast should put this guy down for the count. We need to get out of here! Buddy." he added.

He grinned, and Frostbite was more confused than ever. Why was Lionheart wearing one of the bad guys uniforms? He was also carrying a pack on his back.

And... was it Frostbite barking up the wrong tree or did his friend seem slightly... older?

'You should trust him. We need to go along with Lionheart's plan.' stated Frostbot. As he watched, he saw Older Frostbites hands start to glow again...

"I wouldn't bother, old man." said Lionheart. "We both know you're no match for me."

Frostbite was not given to know what Lionheart's uncanny senses could read of a situation. No, he relied on experience, a read of human understanding and details, facts. Since when had Lionheart called him Joseph! Since when did he start or even need to wear another uniform? Where and what was the pack he had been carrying, how did he know or even assume he could best his opposite an older version of himself and was he getting slightly paranoid but was Frostbot acting far more aggressive, first claiming he was going to be attacked then tricked? Since when had Frostbot offered a running commentary on an enemy but got it wrong!

"Funny, I don't recall you knowing my counterpart, in fact, since you were in deep space when he boarded what brought him to your attention. And since when have you called me Joseph or warn the uniform of those who've been slaughtering our crew? I feel like I walked in on a version of life as if written by someone who doesn't really know us. So would someone care to explain?"

Frostbite wasn't backing down, but talking wasn't going to help he was also wary of letting Frostbot 'block' out anything and told him in no uncertain terms that he was to remain quiet until he addressed him. Right now the last thing he needed was to have his sentient AI trying to 'take a hand in affairs' without his say so.

OOC: Ho boy, the hammer is coming down and Frostbite and the team aren't ready for a battle like this, but I'm calling it, might as well find out who is with our side and who isn't. So Frostbite is calling Lionheart's bluff is the best way to get this in the open. One way or another.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 02 2019, 21:19

LIONHEART HP 72

Speeding faster than the eye could see, deck by deck, corridor by corridor in the blink of an eye, Lionheart screeched to a halt as he saw a member of Frostbites trainee superhuman squad.
In truth they were out of their league here. Lionheart, Frostbite and Wandafar were so experienced, so far beyond these neophytes that they took in their stride what would reduce the trainees to quivering wrecks!

Gravitas (Thomas White) turned and breathed a sigh of relief! "Oh thank goodness! Lionheart!"

Rebuff (Michael Adwari) smiled and relaxed a little. The group was helping several downed technicians after a power conduit had ruptured and sprayed harmful gas into the corridor. "We've been split up." he said. "We were escaping. The aliens are too powerful to fight and so fast! It was like trying to keep up with you! I hate to admit this, but maybe discretion is the better part of valour!"

A door opened and Fred Garrick (Impulse) relaxed as he saw Lionheart. "The others are on their way. I don't know where Frostbite went though." He gave the last known location.

Lionheart explained the plan. All those wanting to go with the team to grab a space suit (a small collapsible pack that when expanded, clung to the wearer and held both an hour of air in the bubble around the wearer and a re-breather that provided emergency recycled air for another 6 hours provided no exertion of any kind dramatically reduced the remaining time) and head to the docking bay. From there a shuttle to space and land on the space creature Lionheart had helped. It was within the 'microverse' field and so it was safe to travel there. Once everyone was on...? Get out of here! The fleet, the planet, everything from the microverse would instantly shrink in size and leave everything of a foreign nature behind!

Lionheart just had to find the others first.

"Comms are up again, for the moment, but I think these aliens will be monitoring them. There must only be a couple of dozen of them, but they wade through us like a knife through butter! You need to kick their butts!" declared Impulse. He added, most unsure of himself... "Ummmm we can help. I guess."

"You can help with your death!" hissed a newcomer who appeared at the end of the corridor! Clad all in black, the female figure stepped forward... And her face mask hissed open!

"Wha...?" spluttered Gravitas. "It can't be...?"

"It is! Steph? Reflex???" hissed Rebuff...

It was indeed a carbon copy, albeit slightly older, of Stephanie Miller, also known as Reflex

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 02 2019, 22:00

FROSTBITE (and old Frostibite... and Evil Lionheart!)

Lionheart shook his head, grinning. "Here we go again. Once, just once, I want to fool you! Ah well, let's be at it!"

He speeds up (wins initiative) and swings a thousand superspeed punches at Frsotbite... who is still dispersed (OOC I assume).

OOC I am going to try something new this time. It might be rubbish, and really 'swingy' meaning the dice could really swing one way or the other, but I just wondered how it would turn out...

Roll(2d10)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:21 Adrenaline surge on Dispersal is ok. Dispersal is at 17APs. RV is 28.

Lionheart attacks! Dex 25 (superspeed) plus roll Roll(7d10)+0: 4,7,3,9,1,2,1,+0 Total: 16 (NO DOUBLE!!!) = 41 vs Dex 10 + TN (here's the new bit, 2D10 instead of a standard 11...) Roll(2d10)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:22. Didn't make much difference in the end but might try that again, and perhaps allow HP to buy extra defence dice... Hmmm.

Hit +6 Effect (to Str 14) 20 vs RV 28... No damage!

The blur of fists buzzes through Frostbite, and he doesn't feel a thing! As his mind is a whirl at the prospect of his 'friend' attacking him, Frostbite is wary of going on the offensive. He can make a part of himself solid, like a hand, to attack with, but to do so would make him vulnerable to attack!

Frostbite saw his older counterpart struggling to his feet, dazed and shaky. And determined. He saw the look on the older mans face, and the venom in his eyes at Lionheart!

His hands, his eyes were glowing, brighter and brighter! He mouthed a silent word to his younger counterpart, a single word.

'Run'

Inside his head Frostbot spoke up 'This is all a misunderstanding. You should power down and allow Lionheart to explain things.'

And then...

'...eing controlled by an outside sou...'

'There appears to be a corruption in my matrix. Trust Lionheart. He is your friend.' said Frostbot.

OOC You're up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 07 2019, 18:41

"You can help with your death!" hissed a newcomer who appeared at the end of the corridor! Clad all in black, the female figure stepped forward... And her face mask hissed open!

"Wha...?" spluttered Gravitas. "It can't be...?"

"It is! Steph? Reflex???" hissed Rebuff...

It was indeed a carbon copy, albeit slightly older, of Stephanie Miller, also known as [b]Reflex

"We haven't got time for this, quick get everyone you can find and follow the plan and don't look back, trust me. This is weird on a scale you don't want to know about."

Lionheart wasn't about to start a discussion on the finer points of switching sides, or why Steph like the others had been corrupted in this alternate version of herself. Although it did occur to him where there other 'normal' versions alongside these who clearly power mad as they were hell-bent on crushing whoever got in their way.

OOC: Lionheart daren't touch here as that way lies madness and a mess of complications, so he will go for mind blast and hope she hasn't been toughed up by his own duplicate so that this becomes tougher than it ought to be. Quick accurate mind blast to give her a mental love tap and hopefully send her off so they can get away asap.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 07 2019, 18:51

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE (and old Frostibite... and Evil Lionheart!)

'Run'

Inside his head Frostbot spoke up 'This is all a misunderstanding. You should power down and allow Lionheart to explain things.'

And then...

'...eing controlled by an outside sou...'

'There appears to be a corruption in my matrix. Trust Lionheart. He is your friend.' said Frostbot.

OOC You're up!

Frostbite knew that look, he was looking at his older self doing just what given the same circumstances he'd do. He also knew that there was little point fighting it, to be honest even if they both stayed to fight what good would it do. Throwing his life away now, would leave the team and his budding group leaderless. No, he had to get them back home that much he owed them. A swift nod and he descended to get to where he suspected the others might be.

They had to get away from the ship and take whatever crew they could, the alien planet creature that Lionheart had saved might well get them away but could they do it, could they get survivors away before this and all within it was blown up? Too many questions, the plan would have to unfold as time went. The other pressing issue was what on earth was happening to Frostbot, his suspicions had been placated a while back, but now they surged forward again. Was there a counterpart to Frostbot as there had been to Lionheart...how many other mirror versions of them existed and how could they stop them before they rode roughshod over them all?

Questions which deserved answers but right now the survival of the crew was paramount.

OOC: Ok with the precious time we've bought, let's try and locate the others and find a way to abandon ship with as many as we can, whilst avoiding any other mirror versions of themselves, so he does not get sucked into a battle that will stop them evacuating, swiftly.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 08 2019, 08:26

LIONHEART HP72

"I wondered what would happen if I drained your stre... eeehhhhhhh!!" screamed 'Steph' as the mental 'Lion' seemed to maul her!

OOC Reflex and co may have been boosted in their future alternate selves, but they aren't in Lionhearts league, even if they give him trouble for a second or two!

Roll(2d10)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:22 + Mind Blast 13 (35) vs Target Number (2D10 now...) Roll(2d10)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (Oof! bad...) + Int 7 (14). +6 EV (19) vs RV 7 = 12 damage. Boom! Evil Reflex is DOWN!

Whack! 'Reflex' flew backwards and crashed into a wall. Lionheart sped to her, felt for a pulse, find it strong but also steady. She'd be out for a while. She was someone elses' problem now. He took a look at the armour. There was something about it. It probably provided space travel capabilities, some kind of defence assuming one didn't drop the helmet off to surprise your target... and possibly boost the abilities too. The technology could come in useful. Wandafar could maybe do something about it if he took a look. However, time was of the essence...

(OOC You may or may not decide to do something about that...)

Lionheart sped off and through the ship. Alarms blared, crew members ran through the corridors in groups and security personnel, armed and ready, directed traffic towards secure areas. They weren't panicking or seeking to hide, rather doing their job and determined to stand their ground! Lionheart moved past them as they were seemingly 'frozen' due to his mega speed. Floor after floor, room after room, checking and looking for Frostbite and his team...

And he came across another black clad intruder! The newcomer was battling (and beating) a group of reactivated cyborgs. Obviously Wandafar 'turned them back on' to slow the incursion down. Lionheart could help, or move on...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 08 2019, 08:54

FROSTBITE

With the echoes of a scream ringing out behind him, Frostbite dropped through the floor and sped sideways through an access panel, up through the 'roof' and through another, along then through several walls...

Evil Lionheart could smash through walls and panels to find him, but that would slow even him down. Frostbite had bought time.

Time that he intended to use and...

'Skrrrzzzz. It appears my program is being jammed at your cortex level effectively 'shutting me out'. I have been... hacked. To do so would need computing power beyond any that we have encountered. My hypothesis is that alternate versions of us, of myself, is that they have been warped, twisted, formed into one coherent whole with all the advantages and abilities I have magnified... a hundred? A thousand? A million times? Such abilities, and intelligence, cannot be underestimated. The 'whole', or 'Ultra Mind' must be situated somewhere. I believe that the tie between your physical human form and the computer program that makes me up cannot be severed. That suggests somewhere that there are gathered hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Frostbites in one place.' said Frostbot.

'It is inconceivable that dozens, hundreds, thousands of Frostbites be turned to evil. Therefore they are held somewhere against their will.' added the program. 'When they invaded the ship, a tiny portion of the 'Ultra Mind' came with them and was able to effectively crush my existing defences and override my ability to communicate with you. These are dangerous people. The disadvantage they have is that the physical host must remain alive, so 'older Frostbite' back there will not be killed if they wish to keep the Frostbot they corrupted from him. He will be taken back to the holding area where the others form the Ultra Mind, probably plugged into a life support machine and kept alive purely for the purposes of providing a fraction more processing power. Power that they want from you, us, for as an yet undetermined goal.'

Frostbite reeled. His friend HADN'T betrayed him! Frostbot had been 'hacked' like any other computer was vulnerable to and was probably vulnerable to hacking at any time they were close to the invaders!

This was troubling, and even more reason to get off the ship! With Frostbots direction he headed towards the assigned Shuttle bay where hopefully Jarna and the team, along with Wandafar and Lionheart, were waiting to escape...

OOC Next post (after Lionheart has gone) will move things along, now that a portion of the 'plan' has been revealed to Frostbite/Frostbot...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 11 2019, 09:31

Admin wrote:LIONHEART HP72

And he came across another black-clad intruder! The newcomer was battling (and beating) a group of reactivated cyborgs. Obviously, Wandafar 'turned them back on' to slow the incursion down. Lionheart could help, or move on...

Lionheart was momentarily torn, stopping might mean fighting a superior version of himself, whoever this was, was strong enough to take on the cyborgs solo and win. Did he have time for a fight, did he have time to stop and to what end, already his other counterpart would be looking for him, and they had to get away he more than anyone was the point of contact for their path to escape. Decision taken, for better or worse, Lionheart sped on, hoping that they may yet escape...he realised that this was all going to be difficult. It wasn't the crew, the ship, their friends that mattered so much as them. Somehow they'd become the prize and yet potentially a liability should they fall into their enemies hands.

OOC: Lionheart will take a pass on fighting, not the time to dawdle I suspect.

SJ
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 11 2019, 09:35

[b]

This was troubling, and even more reason to get off the ship! With Frostbots direction he headed towards the assigned Shuttle bay where hopefully Jarna and the team, along with Wandafar and Lionheart, were waiting to escape...
OOC Next post (after Lionheart has gone) will move things along, now that a portion of the 'plan' has been revealed to Frostbite/Frostbot...

Though relieved at the news his friend handn't become part of this fiendish collective it profoundly disturbed Frostbite that his counterparts were no more than batteries or fancy flesh housing for the corrupt version of his own friend. What a life of lonely exile and to know they were powerless to stop it. Something had to be done, running now, would only ensure a breathing space to reflect on what action had to be taken...but going now would only delay things not stop them not without some means to strike back.

But right now, there were too many other lives at stake, it would have to wait, but it couldn't wait long that much was certain...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 20 2019, 08:45

LIONHEART

It was galling to 'run' from an enemy but the picture was bigger and quite simple. If he stuck around his 'older' counterpart would catch up to him and pretty much just beat him out in every single department. He had, after all, seemingly hopped from reality to reality defeating other versions of himself. Lionheart had no idea how many but after that first encounter he suspected more than a few.

At some point there would be a reckoning.

Right now he had to gather his friends and...

He skidded to a halt.

Frostbite was coming through the floor of a corridor. His danger sense wasn't going off, but did that mean this was 'his' Frostbite, seeing as there were other versions of everybody running about, or that he wasn't a threat until he attacked him, or...?

FROSTBITE

Through ceiling, floor, ceiling, wall, ceiling, door, wall, ceiling... Frostbite sped. 'Evil' Lionheart was so far above his pay grade it didn't bear thinking about what would happen if he caught up to him. 'Evil' Frostbite was bad enough, and just powerful enough that he could nullify Frostys own efforts to win the battle. The main thing for him right now was that Frostbot had NOT betrayed him, and that he/it was being hacked, overridden, mimicked... Enough that it was difficult to know when and what to trust from his companion.

He paused, slowing slightly to take it in. The ship was in a panic. Crew ran everywhere, armed and ready but hopelessly outmatched by the intruders, some of whom had the same faces and voices as the people they called leaders. The answer was simple.

Get everyone they needed to off the ship and out of the Microverse bubble 'tether' zone. Once that was clear, everything inside the 'bubble' would snap back to its previous microscopic size and out of this universe. Anything out of the bubble would remain here. Wherever here was, in deep space.

He needed a space suit. Supplies. Equipment. Surely Wandafar would be on that. His intelligence seemed near prescient sometimes. He could think 'into the future' in many ways. Others were smart, inventors, theorists, problem solvers. Wandafar was that and something else. He could predict the future by running possible actions and reactions through his mind at the speed of thought. He could be the key to getting them home.

Assuming he survived. Assuming any of them survived this.

Then he popped through the floor, turned... and saw Lionheart.

Or was it? A cold feeling ran down his spine.

Frostbot said 'Beware! This may be a doppleganger, and the most dangerous one of all!'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next