The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 18 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13 2015, 22:51

Updates for all three threads tomorrow. Looks like we've lost Ross, but if he comes back there's always a spot, same for anyone else that returns to the fold.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 14 2015, 07:54

Admin wrote:Updates for all three threads tomorrow. Looks like we've lost Ross, but if he comes back there's always a spot, same for anyone else that returns to the fold.

I suspect its more that he has forgotten to post, and at some point might post again. Then again he might also feel embarrassed at the gap in his posting and assumed that after such a time...don't know. Sadly having moved away to Cornwall, we don't get together like we used to, to game, therefore I'm not in a position, save via FB or email to chide him along.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15 2015, 00:27

I'll not chased anyone up to post - I know full well what demands real life makes, and when the sun is shining posting rate goes down accordingly too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21 2015, 08:52

Update later today, just a heads up Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 25 2015, 12:29

Update tonight. Been to work, engineered an early finish (jumping through hoops) got a birthday drinking session to go to (limit for me, 4 drinks) then early finish as up for 05.30 Sunday to go back to work. Sad Will have a couple of hours before I hit the sack and won't be plastered, so expect updates without too many typos... Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:11

Update tonight (Saturday)> Also shifts are shorter this week and (yippee!) wife+kids going away for a few days... PEACE AT LAST! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:22

Admin wrote:Update tonight (Saturday)> Also shifts are shorter this week and (yippee!) wife+kids going away for a few days... PEACE AT LAST! Smile

Wow make the most of it, time always seems to fly by so fast these day ;-)
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08 2015, 00:48

How right you were my friend. The family came back early, and my peace was shattered Sad Ah well, no rest for the wicked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 12 2015, 20:41

You may have guessed but me off work same time as kids means no peace Sad Plus today I was roped into 'helping' with the gardening. More like me shifting a couple of ton of rocks whilst the wife pointed and supervised. Anyway, update tonight. I expect things to be slower than usual because of the whole summer slowdown thing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 12 2015, 21:10

Admin wrote:You may have guessed but me off work same time as kids means no peace Sad Plus today I was roped into 'helping' with the gardening. More like me shifting a couple of ton of rocks whilst the wife pointed and supervised. Anyway, update tonight. I expect things to be slower than usual because of the whole summer slowdown thing.

Ha, no what that feels like. No worries mate, am ready and waiting when ready whenever that comes.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 14 2015, 15:28

Sheesh, been busy myself which explains lack of posting lately. Rl is Fun! Remember that!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 14 2015, 18:08

No worries David, will be a little bit spotty with my posting till Monday then I am back at work and the kids (hopefully) will natter me less and I get more time. I've paid my penance today (removed the sealant around the bath/shower) so will be getting chance to update later. Doing the sealant thing is high up there with having bamboo shoved under fingernails and working under the car when its raining and stuff is dripping in your face, it's that much fun Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:04

Update if I get chance later tonight if not then tomorrow for sure. Been a garbage day, mostly spent trying to catch a couple of hours sleep in the morning and again in the afternoon, what with kids making noise and wise painting in the room am sleeping in Sad Now just about to go to work, so if I get sat somewhere then *hopefully* my internet will play ball and can update. If not it will be in the morning when I get home. Oh, and it's my birthday, not much happy about it but it rained all day so I don't feel I missed anything by taking the day off either Smile

Still smiling, albeit with a few more wrinkles round the eyes than in previous years Smile

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 21 2015, 22:06

Update tomorrow (Saturday). This week has pretty much been a write off, with work at night, bits of sleep here and there during the day and kids nattering the rest of the time. Not long (2 weeks) till relative peace - they go back to school. Till, then... well, the grind continues :S
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 01 2015, 09:35

Updates tonight. Had planned (finally!) to get back to normal with one of the kids going back to school today (other one goes back next week) but he's chucked up all over the bathroom, so so much for that. Grrrrr. The interminable up at 5am with the kids garbage continues Sad Hope you are both well, thanks for keeping the faith Smile Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 01 2015, 09:47

Admin wrote:Updates tonight. Had planned (finally!) to get back to normal with one of the kids going back to school today (other one goes back next week) but he's chucked up all over the bathroom, so so much for that. Grrrrr. The interminable up at 5am with the kids garbage continues Sad Hope you are both well, thanks for keeping the faith Smile Cheers, Paul

Absolutely, no worries mate, give me a chance to get other things done like you ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 11 2015, 10:06

Update today. Been without anything (TV, Broadband, though curiously the land line still worked which is weird seeing as it all comes down the same fibre optic line) for what seems like forever (amazing how little to do the kids have when no tv or internet - they come nattering dad...) and the engineer is right outside the house even as I type *hopefully* having fixed the problem. TV still down (garbled or no picture/sound) but internet seems to be ok, which will keep the nippers happy, off my back and therefore able to do what I want to do. Just got to get chores done first, including clearing the garage out. Frighting how much junk you accumulate over 44 years .... Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 11 2015, 15:01

Admin wrote:Update today. Been without anything (TV, Broadband, though curiously the land line still worked which is weird seeing as it all comes down the same fibre optic line) for what seems like forever (amazing how little to do the kids have when no tv or internet - they come nattering dad...) and the engineer is right outside the house even as I type *hopefully* having fixed the problem. TV still down (garbled or no picture/sound) but internet seems to be ok, which will keep the nippers happy, off my back and therefore able to do what I want to do. Just got to get chores done first, including clearing the garage out. Frighting how much junk you accumulate over 44 years .... Shocked

I usually moving is the best way to force oneself to get rid of clutter. Hope it goes well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 14 2015, 14:17

Will try to update today. Unfortunately we had to have the dog put down on Saturday which has left me feeling a bit lost during the day when I would walk her and she would sit on my lap as I watched TV etc. She was only 6, riddled with cancer. Anyway,we knew it was coming but gave her as long as we could before the wife decided to take her - I freely admit it's not a decision I could have made even though I knew the dog was on her last legs as she took a serious turn for the worse on Friday night. These things are sent to try us.

Anyway should be back up to speed by today or tomorrow at latest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 14 2015, 15:07

Aw Paul I completely understand. Our last dog had to be put down and it was a very sad affair. I can see how loosing the dog would cause a big hole and a real sense of loss, not just in your routine but in your lives. Take whatever time you need. I'm happy to be patient.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Oct 14 2015, 15:41

Damn! That is hard. Dogs give nothing but love to their masters. Always hard in these kinds of situations because you feel like you let them down even when you know it is best for them and ends their pain. Take care man! Get your head and heart on straight before worrying about the game.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 19 2015, 16:45

Thanks guys, had a rough week on top of the dog going with a week of nights that saw me on Friday-Saturday missing sleep (head buzzing, couldn't get to sleep) and going just short of 40 hours without sleep before I could catch a few winks. Then at work all day yesterday but getting my head together now (had a few more hours sleep today) so will be updating tonight and hopefully regularly this week. Thanks for hanging in there Smile Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 19 2015, 18:29

Admin wrote:Thanks guys, had a rough week on top of the dog going with a week of nights that saw me on Friday-Saturday missing sleep (head buzzing, couldn't get to sleep) and going just short of 40 hours without sleep before I could catch a few winks. Then at work all day yesterday but getting my head together now (had a few more hours sleep today) so will be updating tonight and hopefully regularly this week. Thanks for hanging in there Smile Cheers, Paul

Ugh mate, how you do it. Anyway, no worries, some things are worth waiting for. Stay classy ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 28 2015, 18:43

Doh didn't get an email about post update sent but will try to update tonight, if not tomorrow for sure.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 28 2015, 22:57

Admin wrote:Doh didn't get an email about post update sent but will try to update tonight, if not tomorrow for sure.

Had to happen at some point, I now know it's not just me ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next