The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 17 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Admin Wed Apr 01 2015, 13:50

Updates tonight, about the only day of the week (Sunday included) where I get chance to sit in front of a keyboard. I must admit this week has been a killer...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 11 2015, 19:27

Update tonight, plus should be fine all week every night. Though the kids off school (nngh) am only at work 1-2 days (tomorrow and possibly Monday) so time to catch up...

...on all the jobs and chores the wife has thought up for me.

Can't wait Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 15 2015, 00:19

First of all this is a poor excuse, but I won't be able to update till tommorrow at the earliest. Playing football with the guys at work and 3 mins of game to go. I knew my knee was getting dodgy so to be safe I went in goal.

3 minutes.

One of the guys fires in a piledriver and SNAP!

Dislocated thumb. Just got back from A&E. Apparently its quite a bad one and I have to go a hand surgeon in the morning but hopefully they'll do a few tests, tell me to take it easy, I'll ignore their good advice and life will go on. I can already feel feeling coming back into the other fingers so I can type ok, just have no thumb use on right hand at moment.

If you have strong stomachs, I'll post some pictures if you like Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 16 2015, 21:37

I hear you can "type" with a pen in your mouth to push the keys. clown

Let's hope it heals without any real problems.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 16 2015, 22:26

DavidMcMahon wrote:I hear you can "type" with a pen in your mouth to push the keys.   clown

Let's hope it heals without any real problems.

LOL where there is a will (or in this case ever so demanding players wanting their fix) there is/has to be a way.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22 2015, 18:16

Never did post a pic on here of what it looked like, but the inside of the hand looked like:

Chat about the game... - Page 17 Hand_inside

Apparently I shouldn't have gone back to work, and not be driving anything be it car, train or ( Sad ) Motorbike. Bah. Anyway the hand is ok, no heavy lifting for 12 weeks (or the thumb might snap off again Sad ) and no surgery required. Had a lecture off the nurses today and they weren't allowed (professionalism Smile ) to call me any choice words so I filled in the blanks Smile Had a chuckle anyway Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 22 2015, 18:51

Admin wrote:Never did post a pic on here of what it looked like, but the inside of the hand looked like:
Apparently I shouldn't have gone back to work, and not be driving anything be it car, train or ( Sad  ) Motorbike. Bah. Anyway the hand is ok, no heavy lifting for 12 weeks (or the thumb might snap off again Sad ) and no surgery required. Had a lecture off the nurses today and they weren't allowed (professionalism Smile ) to call me any choice words so I filled in the blanks Smile Had a chuckle anyway Smile

Clearly tough as ole boots.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23 2015, 04:56

Maybe, but Stupidity can never be ruled out.

Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 26 2015, 21:51

Had a rough few days. Man flu since Thursday had me practically flat on my back with the shivers shakes and aches. I bet I caught that from Hospital visit (Tuesday) or the week before. Here I was thinking you go to hospital to feel better...

Anyway, that was compounded with a trip to the Dentist on Friday and a delirious stumble through Saturdays work shift. Today has been kids all day and the oldest has just gone to bed which leaves, ooh, 10 mins to post an update before bed. Best stop nattering and get on with it then.

Hope you guys are well Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:14

Rest of updates tomorrow...

Ross, still with us?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:15

Admin wrote:Had a rough few days. Man flu since Thursday had me practically flat on my back with the shivers shakes and aches. I bet I caught that from Hospital visit (Tuesday) or the week before. Here I was thinking you go to hospital to feel better...

Anyway, that was compounded with a trip to the Dentist on Friday and a delirious stumble through Saturdays work shift. Today has been kids all day and the oldest has just gone to bed which leaves, ooh, 10 mins to post an update before bed. Best stop nattering and get on with it then.

Hope you guys are well Smile

Yeah good thanks mate, although it seems like you are going through life presently with a bingo card catching everything you can to call house.  Hospitals are full of sick people trying to get better, I know I work in two.  ;-)

Glad to see you've surfaced, hope the worst is behind you. As regards to Ross, don't know. Not been in touch for a while. I had to stop playing online and he lives too far for face to face these days. You could message him via FB, or if you need a number I can give you what I last had. Oh he also does/or did respond to emails. He's probably not been keeping up with things so might have missed posts.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 11 2015, 15:36

Update later today, hope you chaps are well Smile

Been to Hospital today. A month after snapping my thumb off it's regained nearly 3/4 of movement, which is good. Still swollen but to be expected I guess. Just time, and not doing anything stupid like lifting or going out on motorbike.

Which is excruciating when the weather is nice. Oh well.

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 11 2015, 15:40

Admin wrote:Update later today, hope you chaps are well Smile

Been to Hospital today. A month after snapping my thumb off it's regained nearly 3/4 of movement, which is good. Still swollen but to be expected I guess. Just time, and not doing anything stupid like lifting or going out on motorbike.

Which is excruciating when the weather is nice. Oh well.

Cheers, Paul

Great to hear from you Paul glad to hear that things are progressing nicely. Can't wait for the next instalment, been intriguing and exciting up to now ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25 2015, 17:40

Update later today, and with a bit of luck every day this week. Kids off school, so you know what that means (all through the day, I am taxi driver, slave, walking wallet and peace keeper) Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2015, 12:07

Updating tomorrow night (friday). Will be in Isle of Man for a week to watch the TT races (and probably get wet from the rain) but taking a laptop with me (please don't rain on the way, please don't rain on the way...) so will be chillaxing and updating with a couple of beers on a night I should think. Not all about racing - getting some peace and quiet away from the maddening crowd at home is just as important, especially after the thumb thing and the illness/pneumonia (probably) last week that's left me ropey but much better than I was.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 04 2015, 12:56

Admin wrote:Updating tomorrow night (friday). Will be in Isle of Man for a week to watch the TT races (and probably get wet from the rain) but taking a laptop with me (please don't rain on the way, please don't rain on the way...) so will be chillaxing and updating with a couple of beers on a night I should think. Not all about racing - getting some peace and quiet away from the maddening crowd at home is just as important, especially after the thumb thing and the illness/pneumonia (probably) last week that's left me ropey but much better than I was.

Hope your journey up goes well, I've heard that there has already been on fatality but that is one of the racers.

Look forward to hearing from you when you've got time, and certainly hope away from all the usual stuff you get the break you deserve.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jun 04 2015, 13:46

Yep, have fun and chill.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 06 2015, 07:33

Seen a couple of crashes (so to speak) already Sad One chap had just gotten off the boat, stopped at a junction then... timmmmberrrr! Fell to the side onto the floor, bike on top of him Sad Hopefully only his pride was dented, not his wallet or body. Another enthusiastic chap gave it too much gas on his vintage RD350 (about 25+ years old and in pristine nick) then had to put the brake on. Down his went Sad Gutting to watch, but a reminder of not to ride like an idiot when other people are about. Wallet and pride dented, no injuries so its all fixable.

Anyway, the weather is changeable, the roads are chock a block, hopefully I can get through the week without incident. It's been a nervy experience. I'm confident in my abilities, but having to watch what everyone else is doing is making me twitchy...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 13 2015, 12:40

So much for getting chance to update. Never seemed to get much peace and quiet but back home now in one piece, so updates tonight. Hope y'all are good, I've had a nice week off and even the weather behaved. Ended up seeing a few more crashes (motorbikes for the most part) over there so I suspect I had a better time than some. Hope they got back home without too much in the way of injury to body or wallet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2015, 12:30

Update tonight, been playing catch up all week with the stuff I should have done before going away... doh
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 30 2015, 10:14

On nights this week so playing catch up. Might have chance to post at work in tonights 11 hour stint, depends on how busy things get. Will update Lionheart and Haunt at some point today, all being well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jun 30 2015, 16:58

Admin wrote:On nights this week so playing catch up. Might have chance to post at work in tonights 11 hour stint, depends on how busy things get. Will update Lionheart and Haunt at some point today, all being well.

No worries mate, got a lot of running around todo, tomorrow, so not going to have much time. So will just try and get something done for tonight, with Frostbite. If its a question if priorities, do Dave/Haunt first, I can wait a day or four ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 30 2015, 20:31

What a Face same. I got malware on my computer I can't seem to get rid of so getting onto Explorer to check is almost impossible at the moment. Only time I can check is when I am in the office. That is only a couple of times a week. Once I get a bit more cash, I can get someone to take care of my little problem and then I will be free to roam the internet again.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06 2015, 13:09

This weeks (having started last week) disaster is 'The House of Barf'. The youngest son has been throwing up all over for 4 days, the wife started yesterday and I've been fighting off what feels like the Pneumonia coming back. Bonkers. The in laws have already been stricken by this barfing bug and I suspect we have them to thank for passing it on but these things happen Sad Anyway, that coupled with poxy shifts means my posting is spotty. Just a heads up, anyway. Still here, still alive, still posting, just struggling :S

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jul 06 2015, 22:14

Admin wrote:This weeks (having started last week) disaster is 'The House of Barf'. The youngest son has been throwing up all over for 4 days, the wife started yesterday and I've been fighting off what feels like the Pneumonia coming back. Bonkers. The in laws have already been stricken by this barfing bug and I suspect we have them to thank for passing it on but these things happen Sad Anyway, that coupled with poxy shifts means my posting is spotty. Just a heads up, anyway. Still here, still alive, still posting, just struggling :S

Cheers, Paul

Ugh, mate sounds like the Norovirus, hope you feel better soon. Ironically if you did take time off to get better, you probably feel so ill you couldn't reply if you wanted to. In anycase no worries mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next