The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 16 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jan 23 2015, 22:30

what he said! Very Happy
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:41

Update today chaps, work's been playing silly b*ggers last few days but it culminated in me being so late from my last shift that I couldn't make todays, effectively a 'free' day off (albeit paid for by going over last nights shift by 4 hours...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 01 2015, 11:08

Update later today once the kids are in bed etc Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 16 2015, 20:07

Update tomorrow - combination of long shifts, kids off school (Sad ) and no laptop Sad (payday friday so hopefully something this weekend...) conspiring against me. If my laptop hadn't gone bang could've updated a few more times last week. Oh well, these things are sent to try us... over and over again... Very Happy Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 16 2015, 22:12

Admin wrote:Update tomorrow - combination of long shifts, kids off school (Sad ) and no laptop Sad (payday friday so hopefully something this weekend...) conspiring against me. If my laptop hadn't gone bang could've updated a few more times last week. Oh well, these things are sent to try us... over and over again... Very Happy Crying or Very sad

Mate your recent spate of woes have been a bit like our own characters troubles, save you've no limitless power, resources or ability to cobble something together - however that you've kept things going with your old laptop as long as you have, says otherwise ;-).

Anyway I've been amusing myself tonight with catching up with Haunt's thread, wow I thought I had it bad Shocked!

Good to read on Exitium though and get a different perspective one what has been going on in another corner of the world.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 17 2015, 22:10

Yeah its head bashing frustration at the moment. Salvation is around the corner though! Just a few more days, then laptop goodness shall be restored. Well, I'll be buying the best used laptop I can get my hands on at any rate.

Then crossing my fingers every time I hit the power button...

Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 17 2015, 22:15

Admin wrote:Yeah its head bashing frustration at the moment. Salvation is around the corner though! Just a few more days, then laptop goodness shall be restored. Well, I'll be buying the best used laptop I can get my hands on at any rate.

Then crossing my fingers every time I hit the power button...

Smile

Oh mate if only there was something we could do to help out. We need a kickstarter to keep you online ;-).

All the best mate, hope you get this sorted out soon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Feb 19 2015, 13:24

Survived our "huge" storm that hit Monday and Tuesday. A transformer blew up around 4:30 AM on Weds and I had no power for 5 and a half hours. Temperature was around 40 degrees in my apartment by the time the power came back on. affraid

Today is the first day back at the office for me. Probably will stay in the office all day instead of going to see clients as we have a wind chill advisory for today and tomorrow morning, with temps down in the single digits. Not bad for very warm North Carolina! Very Happy
Which is in the same latitude [longitude?] as Morocco.

Since snow and ice are so rare, usually only a week or so a year, we don't have all the salt and sand trucks and plow trucks the folks up north have to handle this stuff.

Things should be back to normal next week. Supposed to get some icy rain this evening or tomorrow which means more ice on the road.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 20 2015, 12:15

DavidMcMahon wrote:Survived our "huge" storm that hit Monday and Tuesday.  A transformer blew up around 4:30 AM on Weds and I had no power for 5 and a half hours.  Temperature was around 40 degrees in my apartment by the time the power came back on.   affraid

Today is the first day back at the office for me.  Probably will stay in the office all day instead of going to see clients as we have a wind chill advisory for today and tomorrow morning, with temps down in the single digits.  Not bad for very warm North Carolina!   Very Happy
Which is in the same latitude [longitude?] as Morocco.  

Since snow and ice are so rare, usually only a week or so a year, we don't have all the salt and sand trucks and plow trucks the folks up north have to handle this stuff.

Things should be back to normal next week.  Supposed to get some icy rain this evening or tomorrow which means more ice on the road.

Stay safe mate, hope all gets back to some kind of normal soon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 22 2015, 14:36

Sounds like fun and games for you too David Sad

Right, a quick update. I will endure the Arctic cold (!) in my boiler/computer room to update tonight (I have the kids all day today...) and... I ordered a laptop on payday (Friday) which will arrive either tomorrow (fingers crossed) or Tuesday (probably I guess). An hour or so to install the bits I need and normal service should be resumed (that is, a laptop I can use instead of desktop where my fingers go numb after 10 mins because the room is so cold, kids go back to school, and the shifts this week aren't anywhere near the 12+ hours a day for 6 days last week)

So thanks for your patience - these things are sent to try us! I still have that 'side project' I was going to introduce a few weeks ago, but thought I would try something else, a little different from this sites norm.

Any interest in a fantasy crawl/dungeon type game, either Basic D&D (I'm afraid my eyes glaze from reading D&D of 3e and up, even though I have 3 and 4. Haven't bothered with 5.), Tunnels and Trolls, some kind of basic homebrew type game, MERP or something like that? It would run parallel to the Supers game (which shall always remain my priority) but maybe give a little light hearted fun and a change from saving the world all the time. Open to suggestions (Runequest???) if a) it's easy to learn and b) combat doesn't take months to resolve in pbp. For instance Tunnels and Trolls is a case of gathering the party total of attack vs the enemy total and sharing out the damage (whoever gets highest 'wins' the round). It's a system that resembles a cloud with fists and feet jutting out as opposed to the more detailed (slower) you go I go type of RPG combat.

If not, I have no problem with that, and I haven't run a fantasy game for 20 years (!) I just wondered if there was any interest that's all. Also with schedules, real life, non interest in fantasy rpgs or whatever, all understood too.

Right. Thighs are going numb, can't feel my feet. When the weather warms up (March hopefully) the Desktop will be an option but for now it's a limited one...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Feb 22 2015, 17:47

Hey mate, thanks for braving the cold, right now I am unable to take on any more and am reluctant to try only to have to let folk down. So, for now, best count me out of anything other than what I am already involved in.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 22 2015, 19:08

No worries, fully understand as I'm always juggling stuff. Right now isn't probably the best time to start something new with the main game stalled anyway :S
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 25 2015, 16:00

Expecting 6" of snow tonight. Hope my power doesn't go out. A transformer blew up last week and was without power for 5 hours. By the time it came back on, the temperature in my apartment was down to the high 40s Fahrenheit. lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 26 2015, 21:37

Here I was thinking how lucky we have been with such a mild winter - I guess where it's mild somewhere, another place gets it full on Shocked

Got the laptop, needed a few repairs, done, fresh windows install, done, setup up with Google etc, all done. Just need a bit of time now to update, that'll be when I get home tomorrow (Friday) - just another 11 hour shift to grind through, but with the laptop back up and running things will be better. Thanks for hanging in there chaps Smile

Cheers, Paul (and, now, bedtime Sad )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 26 2015, 21:44

Admin wrote:Here I was thinking how lucky we have been with such a mild winter - I guess where it's mild somewhere, another place gets it full on Shocked

Got the laptop, needed a few repairs, done, fresh windows install, done, setup up with Google etc, all done. Just need a bit of time now to update, that'll be when I get home tomorrow (Friday) - just another 11 hour shift to grind through, but with the laptop back up and running things will be better. Thanks for hanging in there chaps Smile

Cheers, Paul (and, now, bedtime Sad )

Sleep well ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 02 2015, 13:22

Power went out half dozen to a dozen times over those two days. Lasting anywhere from a minute to 10-15 minutes. This week is going to be even weirder. Fog this morning with highs in the 30s. 50s tomorrow with rain going to freezing at night, then 70s for Weds, then possible snow late THurs, then highs in the 30s again for Friday.

March, in like a lion .... Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 02 2015, 14:14

DavidMcMahon wrote:Power went out half dozen to a dozen times over those two days.  Lasting anywhere from a minute to 10-15 minutes.  This week is going to be even weirder.  Fog this morning with highs in the 30s.  50s tomorrow with rain going to freezing at night, then 70s for Weds, then possible snow late THurs, then highs in the 30s again for Friday.

March, in like a lion ....     Razz

If this was like the game, I'd say you'd come under the spell of a weather wizard ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 03 2015, 21:39

speel of or curse of ...? Laughing
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 08 2015, 15:16

Hope the weather improves for you soon David pale

Dave E not forgotten about Frostbite. As you might have guessed had a long week, and juggling kids as well today as the Mrs is in bed with Flu. These things are sent to try us... Short (ish) shift tomorrow so moving Frosty on and updating haunt/Lionheart as needed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 08 2015, 16:46

Admin wrote:Hope the weather improves for you soon David pale

Dave E not forgotten about Frostbite. As you might have guessed had a long week, and juggling kids as well today as the Mrs is in bed with Flu. These things are sent to try us... Short (ish) shift tomorrow so moving Frosty on and updating haunt/Lionheart as needed.

Sure no worries, my wife has also been unwell so do understand. ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 13 2015, 15:57

Still alive, had to juggle long night shifts with putting together an application for funding for my sons school which has resulted in time sapping to and fro correspondence to the school and the people I'm trying to get funding from. My wife roped me into this, must remember to thank her... Couple that with an average of 3-4 hours sleep this week and I've been pretty much scuppered with regards any time for myself. These things... sent ... try us...nnngh.

Update tomorrow (Saturday) because I have Sunday off (yay!) but need to get tomorrows shift out of the way. I tried to figure out why I'm struggling to get time to update and figured it out - despite having more time at work (the shifts are a walk in the park compared to my old job) I don't take a laptop to work any more as that's what trashed the old one.

So next on the shopping list is a cheap netbook. With long hours sat about in sidings I'm bored stiff and its the perfect time/opportunity to update and get things moving again.

Thanks again for your patience chaps. Hope you survived the snow David, hope all well your end Dave (and Ross - still here?). Not seen Ryan (Dunecat) on for quite a while, so assume he's drifted away. As far as I'm concerned anyone who takes time away from the game is always welcome back without explanation - after all I find it near impossible sometimes to get near a computer (or the internet at least) so have complete understanding for anyone else who struggles.

Right, bed time and the last night shift of a gruelling last two weeks to get through!

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 13 2015, 16:12

Admin wrote:Still alive...Right, bed time and the last night shift of a gruelling last two weeks to get through!

Cheers, Paul

Appreciate the shout out mate, especially those first two words ;-).

Appreciate that things will get easier at some point, so not worried about the delays mate. Thanks for the effort you do put in given the commitments you've got elsewhere.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:59

Yep, survived the snow. Was interesting to watch things come to a standstill for a couple of days. No problems with posting, RL always comes first. What a Face
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 20 2015, 21:47

Updates tomorrow evening. Long shifts early starts early bedtime this week. Easier next week Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:16

Other updates tomorrow. Have had a dodgy week - rubbish shifts (and here I was thinking I'd have time to post more) and then it got worse. Best mate got sacked today from his job Sad He works at the company I used to be at and they've more or less declared war on their staff if they do something wrong - looks like I dodged a bullet (so to speak) by leaving as they've been bought out and new owners are said to be somewhat of a bunch of asset strippers, but my buddy copped for it today (he's appealing the decision and they are notorious for not following their own procedures, so I'm not completely despairing yet....)

Anyway, updates tomorrow chaps, hope y'all are well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next