The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land'

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land' - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land'

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:24

The Dragon bristled but followed Frostbite and the Mage led them down another alley and into a small back door in the shadows of a building.

Frostbite took one look back, wondering if they dwarves would give up so easily, especially when they find out that the gems were not all they appeared to be. Frostbite could see that whilst having someone as knowledgeable as Raspandarr was useful, it was also becoming a liability to his efforts not to draw unwanted attention. With one last look back the way they came and a cursory glance about the place, to make sure no one else was watching, he followed the mage inside.

"I am Theruss, the mage."

"Theruss of Erenhead…my... close cousin heard about such a crazed human mage." chuckled Raspandarr.

Frostbite also raised an eyebrow, clearly this was a double edged sword. At first he had imagined that this was some sort of quack selling 'snake oil', but perhaps he had underestimated the man. Clearly he had a measure of power or was it that the power he possessed had a measure of him?

[/quote]"Right then, what is it you want, and bear in mind you owe me from the street... the Dwarves..." he looked at the Dragon. "And I'm tempted to raise the price for the insult, too!" [/quote]

Well it works both ways Theruss, I am not sure how you know so much about me and my companion, clearly despite a few…eh, setbacks." Frostbite recovered before moving on, "You are clearly a mage of some power and ability." The last words Frostbite added with a sharp glance toward his still chuckling companion.

We are tracking some kidnappers, we believe that we have got ahead of their party and will stop here before moving on to their intended destination. We are seeking to head them off before they can transfer via some other means. We want to know if you can help us to find them before they get away again?

OOC:
1. Ok so I need to sort out in addition what kind of expenses this will accrue, I am expecting that either Theruss can be persuaded to be brought on as the Queen's mage, certainly the royal coffers I imagine have a bit that can be spared. I imagine this being a bit like how Luke and Obi Wan got Han Solo involved in rescuing Leia, the promise of more, much more, more than you imagine and I am sure Theruss can imagine plenty. Or else I will have to bargain with Raspandarr's horde. I know he won't like it, but what's his is mine now, as is he. But rather like our Queen I find myself without cash of any kind.

2. We need to establish not only where they might be, but who also they might be meeting with. What contacts and potential problems we might face within the city.

3. Just one other little detail, that is bugging me. Can we confirm, that the grail will not seek to duplicate me and Sentinel. I just don't want to go toe to toe with my equivalent as that would be so evenly matched as to only end in utter destruction and be a bit pointless. But I thought I'd ask as I don't know if there is a chance something like that might well happen.

Ok just to say my Broadband should (should) be up and working again by Monday. I've got limited access to the internet, I've just written this all in word to past up.

The other thing was I wanted to ask how you're exam went and is all well as a result.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land' - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land'

Post  Admin Thu Nov 24 2011, 01:31

OOC Exam went ok, cheers - have a medical later on today (I'd better get some sleep but I wanted to get the reply in). Don't worry about the Grail duplicating your and Sentinel - it may duplicate your normal (mortal) forms but the power inside you can be used for good or evil - and its too powerful for the Grail to duplicate. Unfettered, the power within you (eventually, when reaching its full potential) would dwarf the effects the Grail have had on this world. That's both a good, and a very, VERY bad thing. Absolute power and all that... It will be an issue later on, make no mistake!

"Well... it depends on a number of factors. Who is the person you are attempting to rescue? Have you a possession of his..."

"Hers" said the Dragon.

"Ah, right. Hers then? It won't be easy to pick out a single solitary female without..."

"She's fairly special." said the Dragon. He turned to see Frostbites' frown. "What? May as well tell him what he's getting into! if he decides not to take the job, I'll eat him!"

The Mage looked alarmed. "Now listen here, I don't think that..."

"The Queen. The New Queen. Actually, come to think of it, the old one too."

"What? Morgana? And the new one? You mean the rumours are true? the Elven Queen has been kidnapped to...urk!"

The Dragon was clearly not a creature of patience, and with a hand pinned the Mages' head to the desk! He turned to Frostbite "I can force... " but saw Frostbites' look before sighing and releasing the Mage. "As you wish..." he muttered. Frostbite helped the Mage regain his composure, though he was frightened out of his wits! Without the time to gather a defensive spell or wards, he realised just how dangerous his situation was! Frostbite empathised with him. "Help us recover the Queen and I'm sure the reward will be generous. More generous than you can imagine!"

"Well, I do have a very active imagination..." muttered the put-out Mage, glancing at the Dragon.

"You'll be rewarded. The country and the people will rejoice! This land is about to plunge into a war the likes of which its never seen before! Enemies will rise from nowhere, having previously been men, women and creatures of good character. They will be duplicated, and the originals slain by evil dopplegangers! In turn those evil creatures will be duplicated by good ones, and an endless cycle of death and destruction shall reign across the land! Into that, an evil duplicate of the Queen, Morgana, shall step, and use the chaos to her own ends! you can forget all of... this. This is the calm before the storm!"

Theruss looked disturbed. "I can tell. You're not lying, or joking. I don't know who you are, but... I should get away! That's it! I can be clear of all this madness! I can..."

Raspandarr tapped a reptilian claw - his hand transformed - on the table. "There is no running from this. I am an evil creature. I'd as soon devour you than listen to your prattle, but my master here commands me. I'm sure he wouldn't be too bothered if you decided to be selfish and run off, leaving him to sort the mess out. Cast the spells, use the scrying devices I smell around here, and FIND THE QUEEN!"

The last words were a roar, a bellow powerful enough to pin the mage to the back wall! Shell shocked, he nodded and headed into the back of his shop.

"What?" asked the Dragon at Frostbites' look, as innocent a face as a disguised dragon could manage. "Besides, I'm hungry." it muttered.

The Mage returned with a crystal ball, and set it on the table. For the next 20 minutes he chanted and waved, made motions with his hands and drank potions. He read from scrolls and looked up, tired, to Frostbite. "Both good Queens should be reasonably easy to find. Both are tied to the land and its magic. Unfortunately those who kidnapped them wil lknow this, and so there will be a number of wards to overc..."

"Just get on with it!" growled Raspandarr.

"Uhm, quite. Anyway..."

He chanted, and waved hands over the ball. Instantly it glowed in the dark room and filled with pink smoke...

"One is close!" he hissed. "The other came through here... down..."

"The sewers?" asked Raspandarr, raising an eyebrow at Frostbite.

Suddenly the mage jerked. "Wait! What is this? I see... I see..."

Suddenly the crystal ball boiled dark red, lightning playing across its surface! The face of an armoured knight in red full face helm appeared in the ball, and Frostbite shivered as a baleful glare swept across him!

'I like his style' remarked the Demon Noble inside Frostbite.

Suddenly a hand shattered the ball, thrusting out and grabbing Theruss by the throat! "Ack!" he cried "Th... the scarlet legion.. but you are... ack! Supposed to be... myth!"

The arm/hand emerged further from the smashed ball, and the Mage screamed! A wind whipped up in the small room, scattering papers and objects, and over the howl the Dragon shouted "The Scarlet Legion are a mythical set of hunters from another realm once used by the Evil Queen as was! It takes a special kind of power and magic to summon them! They are hunters without peer, killers without equal!"

Even the Dragon seemed frightened!

The voice inside Frostbite hissed 'You should leave, mortal! NOW!'

Theruss screamed as the hand continued to strangle the life from him, and his face seemed to age with every passing second!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 24 2011, 16:34

Admin wrote:OOC Exam went ok, cheers - have a medical later on today (I'd better get some sleep but I wanted to get the reply in).

OOC: Always good to hear that you are doing well mate, glad it all went to plan.

Admin wrote: hand shattered the ball, thrusting out and grabbing Theruss by the throat! "Ack!" he cried "Th... the scarlet legion.. but you are... ack! Supposed to be... myth!"

The voice inside Frostbite hissed [color=red]'You should leave, mortal! NOW!'

Theruss screamed as the hand continued to strangle the life from him, and his face seemed to age with every passing second!

Frostbite shook off the first the shock then a terrible indignation and anger burned within him. An anger that made him wonder if he'd regret his actions, but he had his own country and people to think off and here, some other jumped up devil was trying once again to stop him getting the job done.

Besides his anger was partly directed at his own foolishness. It was he who had brought the mage into this, Theruss wouldn't be in any further danger, had he not been approached by Frostbite. Truth was, he couldn't leave the mage to the fate of this creature, he couldn't live with himself if he didn't try something.

Instinctively - he reached out his hand and shouted a single word,

"NO!"

All his anger and indignation poured into that word and so did his power. He knew he was taking a terrible risk, but a man's life was on the line. Risk was the least of his worries. What would he do next was more important.

He grabbed the wrist and begun to channel his power into it, freezing it down from Theruss, so he would be unaffected; but the creature, or manifestation of the creature would be shattered. He let his power encase the crystal ball and with his other arm smashed it - hoping to break the spell.

OOC:

Ok time to take a risk, I'm usually so cautious but seeing the other guys mixing it up has made me feel like I can take a risk. Besides I truly couldn't walk away from Theruss and I am mad that some other creature is involved in this.

Contingency plans if need be I'll call on my shadow companion to help me out. If that fails there is always the sword?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 24 2011, 23:55

As powerful as Frostbites' power was, the ball was an artefact of magic that withstood the chilling cold far better than mere glass would! That said, Frostbite got the armoured arms' owners' attention when he covered the armour in a thick, hard frost!

"ARRRGH!" wailed a cry as the hand pulled back through the ball, impossibly.

Raspandarr placed hand on Frostbites' shoulder "We must go, mortal, now!"

Frostbite glanced at the disguised Dragon. What was that? Fear?

Theruss pulled back, gasping for breath. "My... my thanks to you... our debts are settled but... I cannot... help you if... the Scarlet Legion... are summoned! Their powers..."

Suddenly there were screams outside of the house in the street! Raspandarr moved to the door and opened it, looking out, then took a couple of steps back... "Scaled Wings of Doom!" he cried, uttering a Draconian curse. "Three of the Scarlet Legion are here! They came on horses that snorted fire! People dash in fear and ...unnnh..."

The Dragons' form started to shimmer and change from human, back into Dragon! The vast creature swelled and stretched outwards, smashing walls, doors, ceilings and the roof of the building itself as the magic it'd used to disguise itself was abruptly 'turned off' with the powerful anti-magic aura of the newcomers!

As rubble fell about him, Frostbite checked the mage was still alive. He'd instinctively thrown his body over Theruss to protect him and the ruins of his house looked ready to give was at any moment! The great Red Dragon lay confused and on its back in the smashed remains of the building, the roof having fallen on top of it, and somewhere a fire had broken out.

Frostbite stood, ignoring bricks as they pinged from his near invulnerable frozen skin, and looked past the Dragon to see a trio of red clad knights walking down the alley to the ruined house. Screams could be heard from the people in the streets, and the clack of armour on the cobbles sounded ominous indeed!

World War Weird - Frostbite Issue #3 'Stranger in a strange land' - Page 2 Scarlet_legion

Theruss coughed "Run! If you wish to save your Queen, run man! You cannot fight the Scarlet Legion! They are demons!"

The Legion clacked to a halt near the ruins of the house. "You used magicks to seek the Queen. We were summoned to destroy you!" the leader rasped from behind its helmet! It levelled a three pronged trident at the ruins/Dragon and started chanting! Frostbite and Theruss had cover for the moment, but the Dragon was in no position to defend itself!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 25 2011, 07:26

OOC:

Ok good to know some old fashioned heroics didn't end up landing me on my backside.

I am at a bit of a loss as to know what to do here, I guess its because everyone is quailing at the site of these guys, including my ancient Dragon companion. Anti Magic might be part of it.

So I am thinking will no magic have a greater effect as did my Frost based powers?

====

Frostbite let the force of cold within him build up, "Oh no you don't. I've had about enough of you, throwing your weight around, telling people who and what will be and won't be. Try something non magical. "

And with that Frostbite sped forward, first placing himself between Rasspandarr and the Legion and then shot out several quick blasts of cold at the firey soldiers, hoping that just as their anti magic gave them a potency in a magical world, his cold effected their firey bodies as much.

OOC:

1. Ok so I'll use 6 points on three quick blast attacks each one aimed at the Legion soldiers, for 2d6 htk, (no messing about here) each.

2. I'll save my final frame so that I can use it for combat responses.

3. My aim is to keep them from harming Rasspandarr and or the innocent folk around about. Should they try to do that I'll go large on them and start spamming Dark Power to put them down, hard.

4. Should it be that I do find a chink in their armour, I want information. Elesieth might have passed through, or even be present beneath the town, they're going to tell me/show me where - if at all possible.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 25 2011, 23:15

OOC you win initiative this round so all 4 frames first, then their four frames. Shots: [2,8,3,6,-17] = (2) Hit, 4htk damage [3,3,3,6,-17] = (-2) Miss BUT it's a double... 2d10=9 turns it into a hit, 14htk [1,8,3,6,-17] = (1) hit, 2htk. Honestly, if you have any luck at all, it's (at best) average. If I doctored the rolls I'd be sat half an hour sifting through all the rubbish ones to find the average ones. Never mind. Three hits. They are hardly the type of shots that will scare them off, mind...

Frostbite blasted out, his blue bolts of energy sizzling against the armour as if it were boiling hot! Where his ice hit, a black patch was left as the frost sizzled off...

"Interesting." remarked one. "His magic still works. Who are you... outlander?"

"Never mind that. Just kill them! Though I must admit, their fear is delicious! The Dragon, especially, seeing as... wait..."

"That one. The Outlander mage."

"No fear."

There was silence for a moment - only the distant screams of those on the street gave any sense that there was something wrong!

Then the first of the three stepped forward, slowly and deliberately raised his hands to his helmet, and opened it up from the middle...

The Dragon screamed, feinting dead away. Theruss cried out in terror, falling back over the ruins of his home as he desperately tried to find somewhere to curl up and hide! Frostbite glanced at his feet to see the man had soiled himself... He looked back to the three...

They seemed ... confused? All three now held their helms open, and Theruss was curled up, head hidden, sobbing like a baby!

"This is... not possible?" said one of the Scarlet Legionnaires.

"How is it this mortal ignores our anti magic field and our ability to feast on his fear?"

Frostbite coughed, suddenly and overwhelmingly feeling himself taken over by the Dark Power inside! The rush had been so sudden, so absolute, that he hadn't had time to quell or resist it!

"FOOLISH ONES! BOW BEFORE YOUR MASTER! I SEE YOU! AND MORE... I TASTE YOUR FEAR... OF ME! IT SEEMS THE MEDDLING SHADOW DEMONS HAVE COME HERE TOO! YOU FOOLS... DID THE QUEEN TRICK YOU INTO THINKING YOU ALLIED YOURSELVES WITH DEMONS THAT WOULD DO YOUR BIDDING? THAT THE POWER YOU SOUGHT WOULD BE SO EASY TO CONTROL? TRUE POWER IS NOT GAINED BY CRUSHING OTHERS! IT IS GAINED BY THE SURE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU CAN CRUSH OTHERS, BUT CHOOSE NOT TOO - AND THAT YOUR ENEMIES KNOW IT TOO!" came the voice from Frostbites' mouth.

The Scarlet Legionnaires fell back, suddenly unsure. One looked to his brethren. "Go fetch the others." it rasped. "I shall deal with this mortal who would defy us!" The other two backed away as the third advanced and pulled out its sword, a blade of bubbling fire! It strode over the ruins of the building to stand close to Frostbite. He felt the Dark Power recede within him but heard it speak... 'These men were 12 of the most pure, most noble. They were ever thwarted by evil, and saw the land slide into ruin! In order to defeat the evil they allied themselves to creatures from the shadows.. Shadow Demons! They gained great power, but lost all that was good, noble and strong about them! Whomever had the power to summon them back to this world needs to be stopped. Find out whom they serve...I await you calling on my power...brother...'

OOC initiative time again... 1d10=3 Frosty, 1d10=2 Scarlet Legionnaire. You have a frame from last round, 1 from this then their four frames. You are on round 2/15 and have 9/15 energy remaining. The Scarlet Knight has a fiery sword and the other two have retreated. Over to you... bear in mind you face foes that are aligned to a shadow demon, albeit one with substantially less power than you ... BUT it may be better suited to call on that power, whereas you are always wary of going too far. In other words, beware Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Nov 26 2011, 08:42

Admin wrote:OOC you win initiative this round so all 4 frames first, then their four frames. Shots:

OOC: Opps my bad, I meant quick attack from my Energy Manipulation which does 2d6 for every 2 points spent in a frame with no need to hit. Because I realise my 'luck' seems to be consistently terrible ;-). Just as well that the univeser doesn't depend on me to save it…Oh wait what is my character again!!!

Admin wrote:OOC: The Scarlet Knight has a fiery sword and the other two have retreated. Over to you... bear in mind you face foes that are aligned to a shadow demon, albeit one with substantially less power than you ... BUT it may be better suited to call on that power, whereas you are always wary of going too far. In other words, beware Smile

Within himself Frostbite acknowledge the companion within him, but equally realised how alike his situation and that of the once noble warriors before him was. Assuming, it would never happen to him, well that was clearly the first and greatest mistake. "Pride does indeed come before a fall."

"I don't suppose you are going to retreat, you know what you face but you are determined to stop me to prove, what? That you are big enough to prove yourself among your own? To stand out and claim honour. What is it that you fear most, legionnaire? Tell me do you see it within yourself, that what you sort and what you've become is that which you feared most?

You who have given pain instead of peace, despair instead of hope, destruction and domination instead of cooperation and security. Taste what you have inflicted on so many and fear me."

Frostbite then appeared to pull at his face, revealing something beyond that was plucked from the Legionnaire before him, as he and his minions had done to others.

OOC:

Ok I will call on the dark power to inflict on the Legionnaire that which he has been doing to others. Not sure how their power works, whether one uses Psi powers to create the illusion of what is feared, from what is found in the mind? Or if its some probability manipulation or something else. But clearly it is a power that they exercise precisely because it targets the fears of the one whom they fight. So I will seek to do the same back, but make sure that the effect is far greater.

I realise this is dangerous territory as it might feed my Shadow prince energy that makes it harder for me to control. But that is what burning up hero points is for - right.

So I'll leave the mechanics up to you in terms of what I need and then for my ego roll, continue to use Hero points as needed to fight the effects needed to make this happen.

My aim is to really put the wind up them, and leave them forever hesitant. If need be I'll follow up with my Energy Manipulation cold attack. If it comes to parrying I'll use my energy attack to attempt to parry, as I think anything else I do, like hitting with my fists, is going to be painful given that this is a fiery sword.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 26 2011, 23:44

OOC You'd do slightly more damage than a Quick blast (with an average hit roll) with your energy manipulation, which reminds me I need to work on a mechanic for that (unless I stick with simply rolling 2D6 for damage). As for using the Dark Power, I'll assume you play it safe and use, say, 7 points of Dark Power with your Grade 3 Dark Power control. [7,9,15] = (31) Frostbite [3,6,7] = (16) Dark power [3,4,5,9,2,2,1] = (26) which is a lousy roll. Less than 4 average per die. Oh well, could be worse (but not much). That's 78 Dark power points. The Crimson Knight has their four frames before you get to use it though...

The Crimson Knight pulled up his fiery sword, saw the Dark Energy gathering around his enemy and hesitated for a moment. Regardless of anything else though, the being possessed courage and didn't back down... he strode forward and slashed with the sword!

OOC The sword acts like a fiery Quick Blast energy attack. One frame to move, then three to attack. [8,5,3,6,-17] = (5) Hit 10htk [1,8,3,6,-17] = (1) Hit, 2htk [4,4,3,6,-17] = (0) Miss. Dividers reduced by -3 to 1 so Frostbite takes that.

Slashing with the deadly weapon, the Crimson knight is surprised to see his foe still standing. What happens next serves as a warning to his brethren, linked as they were mind to mind, much like Frostbite and his team mates were...

OOC Your best attack is a 70 point Dark Power blast. That's WC8, Multiplier x8, Dividers -7. When you inflict HTK damage you get half of it back as Dark power points. By far the best option as the mental powers in this game are poor without House Ruling/ground up rewrite. 2d10+8+6-17=10. 80htk, gives 40 Dark power points back.

With casual ease, the Dark Eyed hero raises a hand and blasts the Crimson Knight squarely in the chest, overwhelming his magical armour and defences, and draining a massive portion of his dark soul for the symbiote within Frostbite to savour!

The Crimson Knight reels, having been thrown up against a wall. His incredible durability serves only to prolong the agony - he can feel all sorts of internal damage, but the worst is the shocking knowledge that he had met his better and stood no chance against him! And, more than that, the others, the other 11 Crimson Knights, knew it and had felt a portion of the power themselves!

As Frostbite crunched over the rubble of the wall his foe had flown through, he waved a hand and healed every last part of damage to his being before summoning another blast to finish off his Hospitalised foe.

"Never... not even the Dark Queen... such power! Tell me, Dark Master... how... how can I serve thee? I am yours..." rasped the gravely injured Crimson Knight, though the voice that came from his mouth was that of the Shadow Demon mixed with the former Paladin.

Frostbite held the Knights life in the palm of his hand. He had power to spare - and wouldn't need much - to finish the Knight off. The Shadow Demon within it reverted to its natural instincts and submitted, rather than face the darkness of eternal oblivion! Frostbite heard a cold chuckle in his head, but the Dark Power stayed silent.

OOC It's your call. The Fight is over. One shot, all she wrote. You can kill the guy with no effort, or spare his life. He is a warrior (and a skilled one) who can call upon the Dark power himself, albeit to a limited degree. Powerful ally, to go with your Dragon and mage or treacherous enemy you'd be a fool to turn your back on? Your call....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:22

Admin wrote:The Fight is over. One shot, all she wrote. You can kill the guy with no effort, or spare his life. He is a warrior (and a skilled one) who can call upon the Dark power himself, albeit to a limited degree. Powerful ally, to go with your Dragon and mage or treacherous enemy you'd be a fool to turn your back on? Your call....

"Someone told me, real power is letting your enemies know you could crush them, and choosing not to. You've seen a glimpse of what I am capable off, do not presume to try my hand again. Nor mistake my not slaying you for weakness. Cross me and oblivion will swiftly follow."

Bringing himself under control once again, Frostbite allowed the Knight to get up, before wanting to question him further. "This land is in crisis, delightful as that is, I've a land in far greater need, where you work can be done. But for now I have two Queen's to free and one...well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Tell me what you know of the Dark Queen's plans?"

OOC:
1. I want to know what the dark queen is planning?
2. I want to know if he knows where the good queen's are, include Elesieth? I want to know if we can still intercept Elesieth before she gets away or if we need to get to where the showdown is inevitably going to happen.
3. I want to know if he can get us anywhere near where they are?
4. I will tell his other knights to follow orders, for now. Fly beneath the radar so the Dark Queen isn't aware of what has happened.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 27 2011, 21:39

The Knight's human face, once the helmet had been taken off, what gaunt, pale and dark circled under the eyes. His hair - what there was of it - hung in lank rats tails down the side of his face. The Knight moved with some pain - clearly the blast inflicted damage beyond the physical, and he would, for the rest of his days, remember what had happened here.

"I was once someone who thought like you." he muttered. "Black and white, right and wrong. Good and Evil. Now I see the world in a shade of grey. In order to battle Morgana's evil I allied myself to a power that made me as dark as she was. When she was redeemed, there was little need for me or my brethren. It took some effort of will, but we agreed to retreat into hiding, to live out our mortal lives and contain the power within. Then something changed. The world changed. We felt it. It didn't take any persuading for us to heed the call, to fight evil with evil. And therein lies the problem. I see no black and white. If someone robs from another man, insults him, cheats him, all are the same to me as if the man murdered the other. No boundaries, no limits. The guilty - and everyone is guilty of something, warrior, even you - must be punished."

He raised himself. "You ask of me questions, I shall answer."

"The Dark Queen, recently risen again, through some malady of magick, seeks to conquer this world. I do not serve her, I serve the Duke. For some reason, he too has the power of magick now when he previously was the most pious, most forgiving of men, and it is dark indeed. He gave us free rein to execute the guilty. With every execution I feel my soul slipping further into the pit. There is no redemption for me."

Frostbite frowned. The Duke of this city and the surrounding lands? He thought for a moment. The land had thrown up an evil version of Morgana, one as powerful as her, to right the balance. Elesieth was less powerful, being a Queen more in name than in power, but she would learn to use it, if she had chance. The Duke must have been changed by the land then to counter the goodness of Elesieth. He was the second Dark monarch to counter the second White Monarch. His head reeled, but his thoughts became clearer with the next statement.

"The Second Queen will arrive here tonight, and the forces about her shall rest. I and my brothers were to slay them, and take the Queen for our own. The Duke would become a power, and he sees the means to do it by taking the second Queens magick from her, somehow. Morgana is on her way to Morrigans stronghold in the north and to the east. Unless you can fly faster than the north wind blows, you'll not catch her, even on... " he nodded his head in the direction of the stirring dragon "that."

"The Dark Queen plans to somehow keep Morgana captive and call on her power. So long as the White Queen exists, there will be a dark Queen, and the land will be forever in balance. I believe, though cannot confirm, that slaying both will stop the endless cycle. It is the only way this land will find peace, of a kind. As it is, the land will never know peace and will escalate into war, for Morrigan gathers the evil to her in one horde under her rule. The good powers of this world know not of the danger they face. Evil shall crash like a tide on their lives and sweep them away!"

"Your White Queen, Elseieth, shall be here... " he turned "When the shadow covers the mouth of this alleyway. She will be a 'guest' in the Dukes' dungeons. Many of his servants do not understand the change in the man, they will soon."

Frostbite glanced over. That gave him an hour or so.

Frostbite asked if the Knight could get him close to the White Queen. "Aye, I can do that. The Dukes castle is yonder, though I do not, cannot, speak for the other Crimson Knights. They will see your vanquishing me as an affront to all they hold sacred, and seek retribution, as well as my death for speaking to you thus. The ... being... the voice... inside of me tells me that you are my better in every way. You are a power, and like the Dragon before you, even with that things foul heart, I shall align myself to your cause if you will have me. Know you this though. I feed on fear, hatred, misery and strife. It gives me my power..."

Frostbite could relate to that, feeling the presence of the power within.

"I respect your strength and your power, as does my shadow. It too, shall suffer as I do were its former masters discover we have chosen to follow your lead. Thus, our lives are over. All that is left is delaying the means and time of our death."

"My name is Morak, of the Crimson Legion. My sword is yours to command."

OOC You have another Shadow Demon empowered ally. He isn't royalty, as the Vanguards' are, but in terms of power he will be a Class 4 superhuman, like Lionheart and guys in the future (though your WWII characters are still Class 3, your future selves - and your current Frostbite form - border on Class 4). The Duke of this Castle/City/Land is behind the summoning of the Crimson Knights. Thing red garbed Nazgul types who ride Nightmares. They won't give in without a fight, and will know of your new allies' betrayal. They may come for you, or wait for you at the castle, but you have struck the first blow. There will be reprisals Smile Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 28 2011, 10:26

Admin wrote:"My name is Morak, of the Crimson Legion. My sword is yours to command."

OOC You have another Shadow Demon empowered ally. The Duke of this Castle/City/Land is behind the summoning of the Crimson Knights. Thing red garbed Nazgul types who ride Nightmares. They won't give in without a fight, and will know of your new allies' betrayal. They may come for you, or wait for you at the castle, but you have struck the first blow. There will be reprisals Smile Over to you.

Frostbite scratched his head, what was meant to be a straightforward journey to get help had turned into something quite different and it was beginning to tax him. Not least of all because, he seemed to be picking up waifs and strays, impressed with his power to dominate more than this winning personality. Truth was he was a man reacting to the situation without having enough information to respond. He had no plan, he had little by way of reliable intelligence and all he did know was that the opposition was holding all the cards.

"Time to regroup and reassess, we need good intelligence, we need to know what we're up against and I need to get my team mate on this to."

OOC:

1. Ok I need to bring Sentinel up to speed, not sure why he hasn't responded on his own thread - might be he doesn't realise he needs to? Might be he is busy (more unlikely) or his internet is down (a possibility). Anyway I think its time I brought him in here, he needs to make sure that B'esrik is freed and just gets here at all speed once he has done busting Troll heads. It sounds as if once I've done some intelligence gathering that there will be a fight - which Ross never likes to miss. When the fighting starts it would be good to have him here, but before then....

2. Since this is the place where everything is converging it seems as if this is the place we need to prepare to take a stand. I'd rather it be where we can minimise causalities and make it the Baron's Castle, at least that way its more contained, but it depends where all this is going down. So I think that if Theruss, is out of action he'd best go have a lie down, Raspandarr & Morak need to lay low, outside town and I'll need to go first investigate the sewers sneak about and see if I can find if Elesieth is being kept here abouts, or else go up to Castle and recon the place.

I feel like I'm really not doing so well - little real intelligence, no idea of the numbers and with a really big temptation to just start striding about letting off Shadow bolts at the whole lot of em. But lets sort out what the others are going to do, whilst I scout the sewers and then the castle.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 28 2011, 18:45

OOC It may seem like you are wandering, aimless, but every time you use the Dark Power, you draw a new ally to yourself. Basically you are a 'beacon' or 'magnet' to evil forces because your power is greater than Morrigans (the evil version of Morgana). You are gathering an army, but to draw in greater forces, you need a bigger display. The guys you have drawn are powerful though. If you wished them to stick around I was going to add them to the Vanguard team when/if you get back to England... So, use the Dark Power more, be a bigger threat/menace to the Evil than Morrigan can be and draw them to you like a fly to, ah, poo. Then you have your army, and Morrigan, aside from having kidnapped Morgana (and Elesieth, though it seems the Duke has other ideas) will be powerful, but left without an army. Or at least, that's the plan... Still.. plans, as we know, tend to get chucked out the window round here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 28 2011, 22:48

Admin wrote:OOC It may seem like you are wandering, aimless, but every time you use the Dark Power, you draw a new ally to yourself. Basically you are a 'beacon' or 'magnet' to evil forces because your power is greater than Morrigans (the evil version of Morgana). You are gathering an army, but to draw in greater forces, you need a bigger display. The guys you have drawn are powerful though. If you wished them to stick around I was going to add them to the Vanguard team when/if you get back to England... So, use the Dark Power more, be a bigger threat/menace to the Evil than Morrigan can be and draw them to you like a fly to, ah, poo. Then you have your army, and Morrigan, aside from having kidnapped Morgana (and Elesieth, though it seems the Duke has other ideas) will be powerful, but left without an army. Or at least, that's the plan... Still.. plans, as we know, tend to get chucked out the window round here.

OOC:OK so what you seem to be saying, is I should, go over to the Dukes castle and level the thing, or at least level him! Just as an aside, if I do take the evil monsters out but don't kill them, what does the grail do then? Is this similar to the Bad Queen being frozen in stasis by the sword, alive but trapped hence not eligible to be copied?

With this in mind, I think its best that I go with my new contingent and strike for the Duke's castle and go busting the place up (very unlike me) to get his attention. Perhaps call him out for a one on one - the castle could come in handy after all.

Sooo, try this for size.

1. I take my forces to the castle.
2. I call the duke a coward, cowering with the stone walls of his keep.
3. I challenge his power against mine and that if I win, he hands over to me Elesieth.

I guess he will have to try something, but I'm wanting to call him out so that I've got no further disadvantage and he can gain none from within his walls.

I will disparage his honour and manliness if he refuses and poor disparity on his ability to lead, calling his forces to my banner instead. If need be I will blast a hold in the side of his keep (for effects sake) and then walk through to have my one on one combat with him as a matter of honour.

I'm not interested in killing him per se but trying to take him down a peg or too, so that he can see the error of his ways and join me in defeating the Queen.

Lets give that a try.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 29 2011, 07:12

OOC That's more like it Smile Less Heroic and more 'getting your hands dirty' but that's the situation you guys find yourself in. There is a war going on, after all, and if you don't stop the enemy, they'll certainly try and stop you! Same applies to this magical realm - more and more evil creatures are being created as a result of the grails magic attempting to create a balance. Because the creatures are tied to the Grail magic, taking them out of the realm will not result in more being made because that would upset the balance. Killing the creatures would result in another popping out of the ground in a couple of days though, so you (unwittingly) did the right thing by sparing the Crimson Knights life. He serves you now, as does the Dragon, and if you and Silver Sentinel make yourselves visible as a force in the world, kicking around some powerful evil bosses, their minions will see fit to follow you. Two birds, one stone (in that you'll be doing this realm a favour by leading the evil forces away from it, and your own world a favour by sending your new magical allies at the Nazis).

Morak frowned. "What do you intend to do?"

Frostbite told him - confront the Duke, usurp him, free the kidnapped Queen.

"Ha! Follow you though I do, even unto my destruction, I would have to say you are mad! The Duke is not the good man he was! He was a powerful Wizard, and did well by the people in this area by resisting Morgana when she was the Dark Queen, originally. When she redeemed herself, the Duke could rest easy, and he let down his guard. No one noticed the change in the man. I think that an evil doppleganger has taken his place, and sees a power vacuum waiting to be filled. Calling us from our eternal slumber will have taken something out of him, but do not be mistaken into thinking that makes him weak, for such would be your undoing!"

'Tell the stripling to cease it's prattling. There are heads to bash and souls to savour' growled the Dark Power inside.

Morak looked visibly shaken, having heard the Dark Power as if from a distance. "I... will cease my 'prattling', Lord..." he said, bowing.

The Dragon stirred and groaned, then looked up. It's eyes widened as it saw Morak, and the great beast gave a huge intake of air to engulf the Crimson Knight in flame! Frostbite stepped between them and explained to the creature about the new arrangement. Theruss, having stirred, looked doubtful but was also curious. "You align yourself with the most curious of friends, outlander. They were your enemies, now they serve you. Seek you to be a new Dark power in this realm?"

Inside Frostbite, a grating voice chuckled, whilst Frostbite glowered and marched into the street, followed by the shapechanged (into human form) Dragon, Morak (who drew gasps and cries of fear) and Theruss.

=========

By the time the small group had made their way through the streets to the castle, a large crowd was following, albeit at a safe distance...

Town Guards had approached, then backed off, feeling the presence of something beyond their ability to hinder. People looked on, terrified, mesmerised. Crowds parted as the group strode through them, and the path to the Castle was made clear...

Until there was a flash of light, a wave of heat, and 11 mounted red garbed knights on fiery steeds barred the way! They stood some 20m away, and the first of the group called out. "Morak! Have you lost leave of your senses? We serve the Duke! By aligning to this madman you sentence yourself to death!"

Morak took a step forward "Elisa" he called out, addressing the one who had spoken to them. Now that he looked closer, it did seem there were several armoured women in their number. "This man... mortal... demi-god, I know not which, has come to claim the Dukes' realm as his own! He will not be denied! Look inside yourselves, call on that voice that whispers, and tell it to look upon this man, and tell me what you see! Do it!"

The crowds around weren't sure of what was going on, but backed away uneasily.

Raspandarr looked uncomfortable. "Just one of these knights was able to somehow drain my courage. What will 11 of them do?" it asked Frostbite quietly.

One of the Crimson Knights cried out "One of the usurped! " Another called out "There is a truce! Truce! You cannot attack us!"

Yet another knight turned on his horse and hissed "Silence!" then turned to Frostbite. "To the nine hells with this mortal and his cast out Shadow. And the thrice damned truce! Many of us never agreed to it! if we defeat his mortal shell this land will be OURS for the taking! Let the mortals squabble over who causes the most misery and suffering whilst we feed, and grow powerful! Then WE shall rise, ascendant!"

That seemed to bolster their courage, and to a Knight they pulled fiery swords from sheaths, holding them steady and straight up.

Morak turned to Frostbite. "I hope you have some kind of plan... " he muttered, then pulled his own sword.

The Dragon Shifted shape, becoming the great scaled beast it was, and sending the crowd screaming in terror whilst Theruss waved his hands and uttered the incantation for a protective spell. "This isn't going to go well!" he cried...

OOC You face off against 11 mounted Crimson Knights, Class 4 enemies. Each has unique, special powers and the magical armour/weapons, so be wary if you try and take them on with your Frostbite abilities, which, although effective, may prolong the battle and give them the upper hand as they wear you down. Your call. 1d10=5 Frostbites side, 1d10=1 Crimson Knights. 2 frames to you (it will take 2 frames to use dark power, or you could use your patented 'auto missing' energy blast. You are on full energy and htc/htk.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 29 2011, 13:06

Admin wrote:Morak turned to Frostbite. "I hope you have some kind of plan... " he muttered, then pulled his own sword.

The Dragon Shifted shape, becoming the great scaled beast it was, and sending the crowd screaming in terror whilst Theruss waved his hands and uttered the incantation for a protective spell. "This isn't going to go well!" he cried...

Frostbite appeared to be confident, but realised that the whole venture was one of risk. But having had little choice and despairing of the way things had begun to unravel, it was time to take back ground. He was only to aware of the danger he put himself and therefore others in, every time he opened the door to his Shadow, but he was way out of his depth and again needed to bring things under control - his control.

He realised it was pointeless, but still for those standing about, it was important they understood who he was and what he was about. "I will say this only once, join me or die!"

He knew what the predictable answer would be, so went almost without hesitation for the leader, better him to serve as an example than them all perish. He could use their fighting skills and didn't wish to destroy them all - only to have more of their kind take up their place.

Just for added theatricality, he pulled back his arms, shot forward his head and shouted the wide blast at their leader aiming to knock back those around him but catch him fully.

OOC:

OK so the above is more a description of what I will do, should it come to that.

I'll call on the dark power as before and go for the dark blast. I won't use the auto miss/fail/kaput blasting power tm, that I'm usually renowned for. (Hard to see how I got into the supers business with such bad fighting skills - let alone lead its premier team.) I have a theory as an aside that the shadows were an invention you had to put into the game, because my characters powers were so pants and GH rules are so weighted toward Melee Brawlers that anything else just doesn't carry the day, as well ;-)

Anyway so full on blast, with the energy points I get, I use the blast to parry any incoming attacks before blasting back on my remaining frames within the turn. I don't wish to kill, but I'm not convinced the Knight will be subdued, we'll have to see.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 30 2011, 05:44

OOC I'm writing a game at the moment (based off parts of another) that eliminate dice completely in favour of a resource based energy mechanic. Before you groan, (as I would) about being useless without energy to spend, I've done it in such a way that the energy points aren't the be all and end all, rather they are a boost to your existing Abilities/Powers/Skills so you'll still have access to your powers etc when you're low on energy, you just won't be able to push them to their full limits. You will be able to decide whether you hit, miss, or totally knock the other guy out of the park though, which is more like what happens in the comics.

With your dice a comic book about Frostbite would be a frustrating read indeed, and not through any fault of yours. Your dice really are bizarrely rubbish, and I find it hard to explain why. Fudging them is an option, but that goes the other way - from mostly fail to mostly succeed. With this week being quiet (hardly any of the others have posted, but David has had thanksgiving and I assume everyone else is busy) it's given me time to get writing. Only work shifts (long nights) prevent me from updating more than once a day as our posting times are hit and miss (meaning you have to wait for me to post and vice versa). Anyhow, I will assume Frosty with his 15 ego wants to make a fight of this. The Dark Power has a growth of 1 from the previous use, but even so with hero points I expect he will be safe to call on say, 11 points? With the Dark Power growth that will go to 12. 15 ego (frosty) vs 12 (Dark power) plus hero point as required is still pretty good odds. Well, apart from your naff dice... Let's have a look:

[8,1,15] = (24) for Frostbite [7,7,12] = (26) DOUBLE for Dark Power [5,8,5,1,7,10,8,7,8,5,9] = (73). Me and my big mouth. Frostbites hero point: [9,8] = (17) Dark Powers double roll: [4,9] = (13). I make that 41 for Frostbite, 39 for the Dark Power and he's used a hero point. Because the dark power points were reasonable (average over 6.5) and grade 3 dark power, you have 219 Dark Power points to use, which is, quite frankly, colossal. that's the highest point total to spend that anyone has had as far as I recall.

Whether you get chance to use them is another thing... Frostbite uses 2 frames to call on the Dark power. The Dragon breathes fire on the collected Crimson Knights. 2d10+3+6-17=4 hit for 4 accuracy and its using a high power blast (x8) which will knock the wind out of its sails but maybe do some damage to the bad guys. 32htk with dividers reduced. They feel it, but these guys are no pushover. The Crimson Knight beside the Dragon calls on his own Dark Power. Ego 11 vs 6 Dark power points.[10,10,11] = (31) Morak [3,4,6] = (13) Dark power [8,7,8,1,10] = (34) Dark power points. No need to roll Moraks double. He has to wait, like Frostbite, to use them.

=========

Frostbite gathered the dark power from within.

What happened next shocked the Crimson Knights. They were able to call on a lesser form of the dark power themselves (with lesser effects) but what they witnessed was a 'master' leaving them in no doubt they were mere students!

Knowing full well they had only moments before the power was unleashed upon them, they spurred horses forward to move to the attack!

Riding through the Dragons flame four went for Frostbite, four for Morak and three for the Dragon. Theruss, having concentrated on saving his own skin, seemed to be of no concern to them... Fortunately with the Knights being mounted there was limited space for their attacks, so the small group under Frostbites commmand got a minor reprieve as Knights unable to get in close dismounted and moved over to their prey.

OOC Ok they move 2 frames forward then attack twice with the weapon, which is as a quick blast fire energy attack with -3 dividers, x2 damage and no energy pool. [8,9,3,6,-17] = (9) hit, 18htk (-2DD to all these as all are doing Htk) [7,9,3,6,-17] = ( 8 ) hit, 16htk [3,6,3,6,-17] = (1) hit 2htk, [8,7,3,6,-17] = (7) hit, 14htk. Total of 50htk reduced by dividers to 25htk. Puts frosty on 23/48. One more set of hits like that and he is dead! Any responses before you lash out with your attack? And what form do you want the attack to take? (see the Dark power thread for options). Two knights are on foot in melee range having dismounted and moved with their last 2 frames. That makes two on horseback, two on foot on Frostbite. He will need to pull something out of the fire because he will surely be dropped next round otherwise!!!

The Crimson Knights rode down on their former comrade who was summoning up his own, smaller, Dark Power. They seemed to add extra venom into their attacks, their hatred spilling forth, which Frostbites and Moraks Dark power both drank in greedily.

OOC Four attacks on Morak, with two knights moving in and dismounting to move up on foot. [1,3,3,6,-17] = (-4) Miss [9,6,3,6,-17] = (7) hit, 14htk (-2dd) [2,9,3,6,-17] = (3) 6htk [6,9,3,6,-17] = (7) 14htk. With reduced dividers he takes 17htk on top of the damage Frostbite dealt out earlier.

In a stabbing frenzy the Knights slashed and cut at Morak. Even as he fell, they continued to hack and kick at their former comrade. There was a visible shimmering effect as the Shadow Demon left his dead body to seek a new host, and it rasped 'I shall return, my master, to serve you anew!!!' before soaring off into the shadows of a building.

The Dragon roared as the mounted Knights rode up, slashing with their unholy soul blades. Though the Dragon was immune to conventional fire, these weapons gave off a soul searing heat that left the flesh untouched and scorched the soul!

OOC [5,3,3,6,-17] = (0) miss [8,1,3,6,-17] = (1) [4,1,3,6,-17] = (-3) [1,4,3,6,-17] = (-3) [6,3,3,6,-17] = (1) [7,2,3,6,-17] = (1) [1,8,3,6,-17] = (1) [3,6,3,6,-17] = (1) Bizarre. All those 1s are hits. 5 hits, 2htk damage for each. The Dragon more or less laughs them off...

The Dragon seemed to dance about as the blades barely touched it. Frostbite felt relieved that he wasn't left facing the enemy on his own, but had to come to terms with the fact that Morak was dead already.

That meant the others would be on him and the Dragon.

"Hold them off until I can prepare a spell" cried Theruss, but the fear in his voice - and his chattering teeth - suggested he wasn't at all confident about his chances of success!

OOC You have 2 frames. I suggest you buy some more frames and deal out a little (or a lot!) of punishment, either by boosting strength and splattering these guys, or boosting vigour to grab more htk, healing the damage you've taken, conjure up some more defence or all of the above. The Dark power blast is also a powerful option and can more or less pay for itself if you inflict enough damage. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 30 2011, 07:45

[quote="Admin"]OOC I'm writing a game at the moment...You will be able to decide whether you hit, miss, or totally knock the other guy out of the park though, which is more like what happens in the comics.

OOC:

LOL, I might groan if only because this endless tinkering is indicative of the fact that despite smart (or not so smart) tactics, all players are at the mercy (or sometimes otherwise) of the dice. It is totally inexplicable how as a Character, or a player I seem to fall by the side again and again owing to bad dice rolls. Or that I need to expend more effort (Hero points) just to do what everyone seems to be doing without the hassle. I don't mind, because as long as I have hero points I've got a way of mitigating the old "Parker" luck, but when that falls by the wayside, there may be a situation I cannot get myself out off. But if this was a comic book, the dilemma would be entirely false, heroes are only every put in difficult situations to create drama and tension, unless its that heroes turn to die that week, they'll always find a way out - i.e. their luck changes, they roll a nat 20, or use hero point etc. You tinkering so that dice aren't needed (in a game where rolling dice becomes a little tedious, since its not the same as rolling face to face) is a smart move that reduces the need for back and forth and can allow players to try and be in charge of their own resources. I'm sure they'll be some other mitigating factor, making the opposition difficult enough to make a threat threatening, without being a complete resource drain and therefore the results a fate-acompli is one.

Admin wrote:OOC You have 2 frames. I suggest you buy some more frames and deal out a little (or a lot!) of punishment, either by boosting strength and splattering these guys, or boosting vigour to grab more htk, healing the damage you've taken, conjure up some more defence or all of the above. The Dark power blast is also a powerful option and can more or less pay for itself if you inflict enough damage. Over to you.

OOC:
Ok with 219 power points to use option 1 is:

Strength grade 2 = 40points,
Vigour grade 2, 40 points,
Tough skin grade 3 so 40 points,
Speed grade 2, for another 40 points to get extra frames unless there is a more elegant way to do this.

As in buy frames at 10 points a pop, all these power choices I don't know if they need time to activate?

Or option 2
I heal HTK, the damage done to me 25 HTK, so that is 25 points
I then use the dark power blast, I want it to be HTK, I want it to cover the main attackers, and if need be extend the range and dimensions. And I want to do 60 points of damage. I might do more but I wanted to see what happened after that. I'm trying to win an army, but with brute force its a fine line.

I then see if I need the powers above, depending on time frames and such and the like.

What I don't know, Paul, is how long it takes to heal, 1=1 etc, or how long it takes to switch on a power and how and at what cost I get extra frames to act?

But basically I want to heal up, and put down, and I am not fussy about how I go about it. I prefer option 2, but without knowing what limitations in terms of time/frames economy I am not sure how much I can do and therefore what order I'm permitted to do it in. Healing seems to be the priority, but going offensive needs to be second so I don't end up being a meat sack punching bag, either.

As regards to delays and shifts and what not - well them's the breaks. I've only ever been in one PBEM that went on as long as this one has, unfortunately the nature of burn out meant that the guy, was consistent for years then one day, adventure over and so was the game. So I am very happy to run things at a pace that suits you -besides you always seem to be so busy and with a family and what not. In addition I've noticed both the quality of your writing has definitely improved as well (not that it was bad before, far from it, its just that there is an elegance and deftness of touch you seemed to have gained along the way) with the frequency being what it is.

Don't sweat it mate, if I had my way, we'd be doing this around each others houses - since that can't be, this is sure better than nothing.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 01 2011, 07:03

OOC You make a number of good, valid, points, as usual. For the time required to do the stuff in Option 1, it won't take any time. These are powers that only take time up when you use them - speed when moving, strength when whacking etc. The maths is slightly out. You buy grade 1 of a power for 20 points, then, effectively, you have that power, so pay 15 for subsequent grades. You already have tough skin grade 1, so grade 3 would cost 30 points. Speed grade 2 won't grant extra frames - just allow you to split so you can move, hit move with 2 frames instead of three. Don't get me started on 'speed' (or lack thereof) again! Extra frames cost 15/frame.

With option 2 you'd use an action to heal up (so that'd need 2 frames for 30 points and 25 to heal) then can move for 1 frame (15 points, spent 70 so far) straight up with flight. Then when looking down, create a blast that will encapsulate as many of the enemy as you can with an area effect - 8 Crimson Knights. Their undead steeds are unaffected. An 8m area effect for 20 points would do that. Start with a 10 point dark power blast then bump it up to 60 points with x7 damage, dividers -6, WC7 (vs DC10 for an area attack). Total 150 points spent. Vigour grade 2, 35 points and adds 24 vigour, 144htc and htk. Total 185 spent. Tough skin grade 3, extra 30 points. Total 215 spent and 4 left over. I assume you'll go with option 2. It means you need a roll of 3 or more basically as 2 is a critical, and damage is multiplied by 7, and their armour is pretty much bypassed. [5,6,7,10,-17] = (11) 77 damage, htk. You effectively did a total of 616 points of damage due to the area attack, and get half that back. You have 312 points of dark power remaining. Yes, that seems weird to get back more than you began with, but that's what the Dark Power is about - you blast your enemies, steal their life force and convert it into more Dark Power. In other words, if you constantly lay waste to every living thing around you, you can end up with more power than you know what to do with. That's going to come in handy one day soon, but killing thousands, maybe more, of sentient life forms isn't very heroic. It's a hard choice to make. Kill thousands to save billions? Not an easy burden to live with... I wanted you guys to have the 'Phoenix Effect', and this mechanic was the nearest thing I could come up with. The more destruction Dark Phoenix inflicted, the more she grew in power, until the Phoenix effect destroyed the universe, at least in the 'What If jean Grey had not died?' comic I read. It's nasty, it's not heroic, and it makes you guys the most powerful beings in this universe. Until the Devourer arrives, that is...

=========

The Crimson Knights revelled in the death of their former comrade!

Then they looked up... the Outlander was ablaze with dark fire, and his eyes shone with red flames! One of the Crimson Knights looked up, then opened their helmet to unleash their 'fear effect' that the armour gave them. It only served to strengthen the enemy in the sky, as the Knight looked up and felt the true meaning of fear...

With a single gesture, Frostbite shot down a beam of intense darkness that burst like a bubble and spread outwards, encompassing his enemies! Those who looked on nearby from behind cover saw the obsidian black bubble light up with the white images of those within, all screaming silently in agony!

The bubble dispersed, leaving the shivering, huddled Crimson Legion on the ground. They were alive, but had been subjected to so much pain they were barely aware of their surroundings, and knew that they were in the presence of a power that could have destroyed them with but a small application of extra power, power that he had in abundance!

Frostbite regarded his fist, flexed in front of his face. The power! So much he could barely comprehend it! He turned to regard the other Knights...

OOC Initiative 1d10=9 Frostbite, 1d10=4 3 Crimson Knights. You have 3 frames. I will assume you blast each with a 'Quick Blast' - but the Dark power 'Quick Blast' is enough to destroy a city if used right! Because the Dragon would be affected by an area attack you can't use that unless you want to kill the Dragon so I will assume you go for individual shots. You have 312 points, each shot will take a frame instead of an action (total cost 30), 10 points per blast (total cost 30) boosted to 70 points (total cost 180) for x8 damage, WC8, DD -7 and extending range to line of sight negates range modifiers (total cost 15). Total cost 255. Leaves you with 57 points. Rolls for the blasts are... Not great (surprise...) [8,3,8,6,-17] = ( 8 ) hit 64htk [1,7,8,6,-17] = (5) hit 40htk [4,10,8,6,-17] = (11) hit 88htk. Two are injured (one is on 50htk remaining and still up for a fight) and the last is hospitalised on 2htk. You get 96 Dark power points back, putting you on 153 Dark Power Points.

With casual ease Frostbite waved a hand sending three dark beams lancing out. Each struck with unerring accuracy, though one knight - a woman - managed to dance aside at the last moment, though she screamed in agony as it struck her leg. The others were not so lucky, with one badly injured and the other lighting up like a christmas tree, though with dark light!

The injured Knight moaned and dropped his sword "Enough... lord...." he muttered.

The Woman held her sword high and looked about "Cowards! COWARDS! FIGHT HIM! He is... he..."

Suddenly she shivered, and her eyes lit up, blazing red! "HE IS POWER INCARNATE, MORTAL. USURPED HE MAY BE, BUT HE IS POWER, AND DEATH, AND MIGHTIER THAN WE CAN UNDERSTAND!"

The effect it had on those towns people looking on was considerable. Most were on their knees, in awe at the 'god' floating in the air, surrounded by a crackling black nimbus of energy, with glowing red eyes, whilst some were sobbing, others had soiled themselves and curled up into a ball...

Overhead, the bright sunny day seemed to boil away as a dark cloud formed overhead, crackling with red lightning and spreading across the sky faster than the eye could follow!

Farmers in fields looked up in fear, brave warriors felt their swords fall from nerveless fingers, evil Orcs and Goblins cried out and ran for cover...

And in the castle, the Duke fell back a step, unnerved. "What in...This is..." He looked away, mind reeling. He thought through the available options, then decided on one, looking back out of the window at the distant scene, barely comprehending what he was seeing... "I must have that power." he said. With a wave of a hand he vanished in a puff of smoke!

=========

The Dragon looked up in fear...

With quaking voice it groaned "Are you going to destroy us all?"

The Crimson Knights wailed, and fell to their knees where able. "No master! Let us serve you! It was the others! They coveted your power, not knowing your true might! Let us be your servants, and use these mortal shells to serve you!"

Frostbite blinked. He was Joseph Rigdon, a man out of his time, and he was a hero. He remembered his friend, Guy Saint Ives, lost somewhere inside the General, Wynn, and the others. Silver Sentinel, Nowhere Man... Nowhere Man! How on earth could he contain all this power? It would be enough to send any sane man over the edge! Frostbite suddenly gained a glimpse into the abyss Nowhere Man stared into, and knew he teetered on the brink!

'No mortal, I will not claim control. Your power is your own to manage, I shall not interfere, though perhaps for the first time you see your true potential. Unless the full, unfettered might of your Dark power on your enemies! Stride amongst them as a god! Crush all resistance beneath your heel! Revel in their fear, let it feed you, empower you, so the cycle is endless, perpetual, and you can gain enough power to set right the time stream! Yes, you heard me right! The cost would be colossal, but can you afford not to?' rasped the Dark Power. Then it chuckled. 'Listen to me. Ha! I would have you become that which I hated most about myself, that which your friend the Nowhere Man had to find infinite versions of himself to bind with just so he could keep the power within him under control! Cling to your identity, remember who, and what you are, and why you fight. Who you fight for. You are a hero, Joseph Rigdon, but even heroes must climb into the pit to fight the devil. Beware though, lest you replace that which you vanquish!'

Frostbite trembled. He had so much power left in him, he had barely to think and he could wipe out every living thing in this town, then use the power to wipe out the country, then the continent, the world! And it scared him...

OOC The battle is over. You have 3 rounds worth of extra Vigour and Tough skin, and 153 Dark power Points to play with...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 01 2011, 08:06

Admin wrote:Wow I am glad I let you make the final decision - all that seemed quiet involved. I'm really good with you not having to write it all out, unless you want to. I don't mind reading through the mechanics of what things cost and the rolls, but typing it all out seems to mean more work for you. So feel free to to give me the 'cliff notes version' if you'd rather not type all that stuff out.
=========

Admin wrote:
The Crimson Knights wailed, and fell to their knees where able. "No master! Let us serve you! It was the others! They coveted your power, not knowing your true might! Let us be your servants, and use these mortal shells to serve you!"

Frostbite blinked. He was Joseph Rigdon, a man out of his time, and he was a hero.

Fighting for control and finding everything amplified he could see how addictive this power would be. Faced with a choice of doing right, who'd struggle with their own limited resources when unlimited resources lay within his grasp. But there in lay the trap. For out of a desire to do good, how long before his actions resulted in causing more problems that couldn't be solved with a wave of the hand and he'd become the very thing he feared. The voice within the wisdom it spoke with was true.

Admin wrote:OOC The battle is over. You have 3 rounds worth of extra Vigour and Tough skin, and 153 Dark power Points to play with...

First turning to the Knights Frostbite returned to the floor as he said, "You will serve me, as you served your dark master. You will do as I say, go where I tell you and bind yourself to my cause and that of my companions. You are to fight my enemies, and restore that which you've lost. "

Then turning to the villagers about, he said, "Friends, I am not what I appear, but neither am I a god. But a new power is rising, a power that is here to restore that which was lost." Within himself Frostbite sure hoped that what he said was going to be true. Restoring the balance such that evil couldn't dominate was the best he could hope for.

Then turning to the castle, he spoke again to his forces at hand, "We go to call on the Duke, lets see if our cowardly lord, has something to say for himself instead of hiding within for stone walls."

OOC:

1. I had hoped to heal those who were injured, but I suspect the Duke is going to appear any moment. If that isn't the case I want to restore those who were injured, so that they know who is in charge. I also want to stop for a moment to make sure Morak is given a decent burial - or at least is set alight on a boat floating down a river somewhere - so that his remains cannot ever be used for evil.

2. Then I will tell my forces to hold back - many are injured and I don't want to kill what I've just conquered. So we will stride forward together but I will have them hold back as I can take on the Duke again to prove my own valid claim to lead.

Good point about the Phoenix story and the dark power, it makes more sense and this works for me. I can sense the temptation as a player to rely on the Dark Power more and more as it becomes both easier to use and also more dangerous as a temptation as a consequence. The thing with such power is a bit like the old saying, When all you own is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 01 2011, 23:01

OOC Don't mind explaining the mechanics - whether you read 'em is up to you Razz With this being a roleplaying game rather than interactive fiction, I think it's important to have some form of rule/mechanic to follow otherwise everything would simply be 'hand waved'. There is a genuine threat when you characters take a kicking - no one is immortal (though all you'll lose is your current character and the history as your new character would have the Dark power, and could in fact be an alternate version of the character who just died - stranger things happen in the comics.) When you get chance check out the Lore Knights OOC section (that's after I write something in it of course). I need a guinea pig and you're on here as much as I am. Everyone else has things going on off board and they are welcome to join in with everything, but all I'm after is feedback at the moment. Anyhow, back to the story.

=========

With a gesture, Frostbite expanded his mind and gained mental powers!

He gained Telekinesis, and with a gesture lifted Moraks form from the floor, floating it over to him. He gazed down on the now peaceful face. He'd been a good man, thwarted and frustrated by evil, and had joined with an evil creature to battle injustice and chaos. Somewhere along the way, he'd become the thing he'd sought to battle, but at the end, Frostbite was sure he'd redeemed himself, somehow.Though he'd only known the man a short time, he felt the loss of any companion keenly. Containing his anger, he barked his orders and addressed both the Crimson Legion and the townspeople. The commoners looked on in fear and wonder, but having no aggressive moves taken against them, thought it best to watch, wait, and hope. Having seen a Dark Queen fall, then redeem herself only to be snatched away, then her replacement disappear and rumours abounding of dark forces springing up everywhere, there was a lot of fear.

This man, this Outlander, was terrible in his power and majesty, but maybe he brought hope too. It was all they could cling to, as he could clear wipe out the whole town with a gesture!

Frostbite strode through the streets, lowering Moraks form onto the back of a horse drawn cart. The owner bowed his head. "I'll take him down the docks, M'lord. See he's cast on a pontoon, as befits his legend. I remember him from before he... he changed. All of them.." said the old man. "They wasn't always cruel and hard. They was good, and just, and helped us. Maybe now, following you, they will again." He glanced up at the castle. "Mayhap you can speak to the Duke. He was always a kind soul, but in the last day he's tripled taxes and declared curfew after nightfall. Some say he's fallen into wicked ways, with the rumours of chaos creeping out from the shadows. Me? I minds me own business. I'll see to Lord Morak, sire, ne'er you fear." He doffed his cap and lead the horse and cart away.

Minutes later, having healed as many of the Crimson Legion as he could so that all were fit to fight, Frostbite walked up to the gates. There stood there a massed force of town guards, all armed and ready for a fight, but looking up, fearful at the dragon and the Crimson Knights who stood with the stranger. The Captain of the guard stood forward. "Know you this, stranger! You shall not pass, and further more, the Duke Margras Von Karamond III demands you surrender, on pain of death! All renegade knights shall be put to death, the Drake shall become as a pin cushion and its head placed on spikes above the gates, and the Outlander shall be dragged in chains before the Duke!"

The Dragon snorted in laughter then looked up at the castle walls. Dozens of archers appeared, arrows nocked. The Dragons smile eased, replaced by a low growl.

The Crimson Knight, Elisa, pulled off her helmet revealing pale skin and raven black shoulder length hair. Despite her great beauty there was a cold cruelty about her. "Shall we slaughter them, lord? But say the word..."

Theruss looked fearful at standing close to the Crimson Legion "They are... tainted.. you know..." he hissed, shrinking back from Elises' glare. "And will betray you."

One of the red garbed knights stepped forwards but stopped with a glance from Frostbite.

There came then the clatter of hooves and sounds of commotion through the town, and all turned to see a mounted column of armoured guards, some fifty or more strong, riding towards the keep. The leader pulled up, horse steaming, and raised a hand for the column to stop. He looked up, anger on his face at the Dragon in the midst of town. "So its true... " he growled. "Know this, demon!" he spat at Frostbite. "Aligning with the forces of chaos is still frowned on by this soldier, and I'll die before you usurp my sovereign lord! To arms!" he shouted.

Theruss cried out, looking for somewhere to hide, whilst the Crimson Legion yanked swords free of scabbards. The hiss of blades filled the air, as did the sound of warriors clattering from horseback and pushing foward to make war on what they saw as a servant of the Dark Queen!

OOC This could get messy. What you say or do will affect how many perish... You face fifty warriors (chain, sword, shield) barring the path into the castle, and sixty (plate, sword, shield) dismounting from horseback behind, with another 30 (leather, bow) lining the walls with bows and arrows.Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 02 2011, 13:33

Admin wrote:OOC Don't mind explaining the mechanics

Ok then.

Admin wrote:When you get chance check out the Lore Knights OOC section (that's after I write something in it of course).

I'll keep an eye and will look with interest. it will be good to do something different that isn't so high power and more street level.

=========

Admin wrote:Theruss cried out, looking for somewhere to hide, whilst the Crimson Legion yanked swords free of scabbards. The hiss of blades filled the air, as did the sound of warriors clattering from horseback and pushing foward to make war on what they saw as a servant of the Dark Queen!

Frostbite turned, a slight gesture from his hand put everyone else on notice. He was going to handle this.

Raising his hands, then above his head, Frostbite moved forward. Something in the man demenour and words, suggested a nobility he'd seen in too few since returning again.

"Well said sir, clearly you are a man of duty and honour, as am I. Indeed I can see that though you are loyal to the Duke, I perceive a conflict within you. Perhaps the orders you've received of late have troubled you? Appearances can be deceiving, can they not. I am not what you might think, I came to help Elesieth overthrow Mordred and I come again in this hour off need. Binding darkness to me, not to align with the queen, but to overthrow her. If you are an enemy of the queen, then we are allies in the same course. And I and my forces are with you."

As he moved forward, Frostbite knew he courted danger on all sides. But he was a man of honour and in times like these, honour and principle was all that separated him from the Paladin's who'd formed the Crimson Knights.

And with that, slow deliberate gesture, he lowered himself onto one knee bowing before the Soldier and with a gesture indicated the others where to do the same.

OOC:

1. Either my noble words and even more - hopeful noble actions are going to get us the surprise I was hoping to get and the possibility of moving forward, or we are about to get/give a whooping.

2. I also suppose that my forces might object to making themselves bow to another - but if I bow, everyone bows! In so doing I want to show that I lead with principle and humility and that extends to those who are with me. I can't stop them being what they are, but they will behave as I would, if they are bound to my Character they will do as he does, following his lead or they can try and take me on once again.

If things do get nasty - have I used up my full allocation of DP points? Just want to know if I need to activate them again - but hope it won't be necessary. I realise this guy might have a difficult choice between inflexible duty and principle - but I'm rather hoping that like Spock, who couldn't lie, he will consent to bending the truth of this situation and his duties a little! Say if some of my men were to cause an upset at the other side of town, he might find he has to protect the village and is therefore unavailable to help as he must measure the duty to the Duke over that of the Dukes people etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 03 2011, 00:40

The soldier was taken aback (OOC as was I!) and looked on as the Crimson Legion paused for a split second before following Frostbites lead. The Dragon snorted its disapproval but bowed its head in submission! Theruss looked about and declared "Madman! We follow a madman!" before he to fell to a knee!

The Knight dismounted. He strode over to where Frostbite knelt and asked "You follow the Queen? Then answer this, warrior, how is it you travel with the Crimson Legion, a darkhearted band of fallen Paladin? Couped with that I see a Red Dragon, famed and known for their evil and treachery? I... will grant you though... We may outnumber us, but if you cow the Legion so, and that Dragon, you may be more than you seem."

The Captain at the gate screamed "No! Do not be duped! We have our orders!"

"I follow the Queen!" declared the Knight. "The Duke has been acting strangely of late, and the word I had from a scout about these strange goings on in the city meant I had to see for myself what transpired! Then I see this! Where is the Duke? He should show himself, and explain! Know this - I will find the Queen and lay down my life for her, either Morgana or Elesieth in her stead! Rise, sir Knight. I am Sir Warren Grandheart, Paladin and Knight of the Order of the Crimson Flower. That is where Elise and the others come from... though they are immortal now, feeding as they do on the life blood of babes!" he snarled. Elise rose and snarled, baring pointed teeth, but saying nothing. "If they have beguiled you, we can try to strike them down but..."

"But you would fail Warren. Your Father declined to follow us into the Order of the Crimson Legion, and he died for his beliefs. Will you do the same?" asked Elise, voice a purr. The Paladin reached for his sword but Elises' sword was at his throat in a heartbeat, before the Paladin could draw his own!

The mounted knights yanked swords free and the men at the gate raised theirs. Frostbite stopped it all with a shout. "STAND DOWN!" he ordered. Strangely enough, even the men at the gate seemed to respect the outlander. Elise sneered, then reversed her sword into her scabbard with a smooth move. She bowed her head to Frostbite and stepped back into line. "I was merely defending your honour, Sire." she smiled.

Warren turned to Frostbite. "Mayhap we shall find the Duke together and see what transpires here. The news of the Crimson Legion reappearing travelled fast. That they would align themselves to an Outlander is unheard of, but I see in you the spark of heroism. A nobility of spirit that is hard to define, but plain to see. We shall..."

"You shall not pass!" shouted the Captain at the Gate. "Archers!"

OOC The Paladin and his Knights are not attacking you, but the captain of the guard and the archers/footsoldiers look to be ready for a fight! You have an action before I roll for initiative!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Dec 03 2011, 07:58

Admin wrote:The soldier was taken aback (OOC as was I!)

OOC: Oh I'm glad I still can surprise you from time to time. Besides I knew it had to be fairly dramatic to get this noble to do something that didn't result in more loss of life.

Admin wrote:Warren turned to Frostbite. "Mayhap we shall find the Duke together and see what transpires here. The news of the Crimson Legion reappearing travelled fast. That they would align themselves to an Outlander is unheard of, but I see in you the spark of heroism. A nobility of spirit that is hard to define, but plain to see.

Frostbite nodded, "I see you are a man of perception. Tis true these are strange times and strange things are afoot. But I can look you in the eye and tell you I to serve Elesieth and the Queen Morganna. I took have heard conflicting reports about the Duke, the Legion were serving him."

Then more privately to the Warren alone, Frostbite confided, "In truth they honour power, if that is so, then the Duke himself might well have taken sides in this battle, sides that provide ill news for us all."

Admin wrote:We shall...""You shall not pass!" shouted the Captain at the Gate. "Archers!"

Frostbite urgently turned to Warren, "They err, whether out of blind duty or some other means. I can deal with the Duke, in a way that need not cause more harm. Warren, either the Duke is for us or against us let me go forward for I have the power to remain ghostlike, though very much alive. That way I can draw their forces after me, you can then follow...hopefully what meagre forces they leave behind, will easily listen to you and we can make audience with the Duke - to find out which way we stand here. I would ask only one thing of you, do no engage my own men, for now let their be a truce till the matter at hand can be solved. Agreed."

The last comments were said loud enough so that all of Frostbite's forces heard and understood a truce meant no one break rank or step out of line or they'd answer to him.

OOC:

1. Ok assuming that Warren is ok with me going intangible and striding in, I aim to make myself the target and get the men, or as many as can and will follow me to do so as I stride through the place. I aim not for the heart of the castle, but around it, seeking to take the men with me. If when the men realise I cannot be touched by normal means, I will speak with them and tell them I mean the Duke no harm if he is for the Queen (s), they should feel free to escort me, so that they can see that I intend no foul play, unless there is foul play at work here already.

2. With that I intend then to get to or be lead to the Duke. I am hoping that what is left by way of forces will not stop or even try to stand against the combined might of Warren and his men, together with the Crimson Legion and my other group etc.

3. My aim is to start to get everyone together before the Duke, where no doubt we'll have a good ole Ho-Down ;-).

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 04 2011, 01:03

OOC Post 2000. About 100 posts a month (actually almost exactly) so I've been reasonably consistent. Long may it continue Smile

Frostbite turned intangible and strode forwards towards the guards at the gate. He ignored their challenges, even when one of them slashed a sword through him...

The blade slashed air, witnessed by the Captain and dozens around, and they fell back, many making a sign of the protective horn...

"Gods! How can..."

"A ghost! He is a ghost, unharmed by the blade of mortal man!"

"get back! GET BACK! His chill touch means death!"

Someone took the order to get back to mean "get out of the way, now!" and the guards stumbled over one another, turning to run. Some ran back into the keep, others dived from the drawbridge into the moat and still others pushed themselves past their fellows to sprint into the streets, some discarding their weapons and pale of face!

The Paladin, Warren, watched in silence, but shared a glance with Elise. He frowned at her smile and all eyes turned to see the lone figure walk through the gates unchallenged. The Captain of the guard, to his credit, stood in front of Frostbite, though he was clearly unnerved. Frostbite moved through the man without pause. The Captains sword clattered to the floor with a loud clang, the sound echoing in the shadow of the gates. He was powerless to prevent Warren and Elise lead their forces into the courtyard of the castle, though Warren placed a hand on the mans shoulder. "You are a good soldier, and have done your duty. That this was a battle you could not win is not your fault, but I think... I think this stranger does not seek your death, or that of anyone else. He seeks the return of the Queen, I feel sure of that. Therefore, it puts us on the same side as him. If the Duke had something to do with the Queens abduction, he should answer for his crime, yes?"

The Captain watched the Crimson Legion walk past, the Dragon take to the air, and the mounted knights slowly trot through the gates. He gave a hand signal for the archers to stand down, then picked up his sword. "All we can do is watch and see. Against this power, what else will mere steel do?"

=========

Frostbite knew that he had won the initial war of wills...

He wasn't sure what he would find. The Queen, locked in some dungeon? The Duke, innocent of wrongdoing and all of this leaving egg on Frostbites' face?

No. There was something afoot.

'I feel ... the presence of summoning magic!'
said the Dark power.

Frostbite paused, the gathered forces doing likewise some 10m behind. he stood in the courtyard, before the great keep with servants looking dismayed and terrified at the forces gathering at the castle. Other guards made themselves as small and out of the way as possible, so they were no threat.

What then, was the Dark Power referring to?

OOC you have a round before something happens. Move, use a power, call on the Dark power, take to the air, pull the crystal sword out... options, options. Over to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 05 2011, 07:16

Admin wrote:OOC Post 2000. About 100 posts a month (actually almost exactly) so I've been reasonably consistent. Long may it continue Smile

Testament to the consistent way that this whole campaign is run, never been in one better, mate. Thanks for all your effort.

===
Admin wrote:
'I feel ... the presence of summoning magic!'
said the Dark power.

Frostbite paused, the gathered forces doing likewise some 10m behind. he stood in the courtyard, before the great keep with servants looking dismayed and terrified at the forces gathering at the castle. Other guards made themselves as small and out of the way as possible, so they were no threat.

OOC: Sorry bit bombed out yesterday and wanted to give myself time to think about what I should do. I don't want my success to go to my head and get all 'gung ho' etc.

ok couple of questions before I take things on:

1. How many dark points have I left or are they all gone?
2. Where do I most likely sense the activity coming from, I am more likely to suggest that I head in that direction and that our forces do not bunch up. If the Duke is planning something I don't want everyone in one place where he can drop something nasty on them, at once.

- Assuming I have points left, I'll use them to detect where he is, and get myself there pronto, to stop him before he can complete what he is up to.

- If I've not points left then I'll make for where activity is going on intangible style

- If I've not way to detect where the summoning is coming from and no points, I will quiz the Captain of the guard for a location, and get there.

In addition to one of the above suggestions I will also:

i. Order my forces to fan out and make themselves a harder target.

ii Tell Warren to get the Captain to show him cells to see if the Queen, to whom I am assuming he is loyal, is present and he release her. I also suggest Warren send some of his most trusted soldiers to assist. And for all forces to be on high alert, for the Dukes counter strike.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next