The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

4 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! - Page 6 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

Post  Admin Mon Nov 07 2011, 23:38

OOC Bah. Old school all the way for me, though I'd house rule it to bits (using some of the rules we use for this game, actually - 2d10 to hit, doubles (or just 10s) explode, damage from weapons matches accuracy point for point up to its maximum and when in mass combat total one side against the other and the difference is damage to be shared out between the losing side) Each to their own though - I DM'd Basic and AD&D for years and many an all day/night session was had with a few hours put aside for food and sleep. Yes, I was truly a D&D nerd/geek/avoider of sunlight...

"My name is Raspendarr, the same as the creature I was born from. I was created by the magic of the land and felt compelled to go North, to the Dark Queens' domain. Her power is impressive indeed, master. She called to those summoned to go forth into the world and bring unto it flame, thunder and doom! At a gathering of Dragons it was decided that I see to this town and the people therein before returning to the North. When all were laid low, the Queen would give the peoples of the land a simple choice - bend to her will, or face oblivion! Perhaps you see fit to challenge her, and I am yours, but know this - the forces at her beck and call are legion! Far better to confront the Queen, though by all accounts she has captured her good self and plans some ritual whereby the magic of the land, rather than righting the balance, be diverted to her! If that is accomplished, this world - and all in it - shall fall under her power!"

The Dragon dusted itself down, head bowed and spirit crushed. "I shall do as you say." It looked about. "I will wait in yonder mountain range. Call my name with that great and terrible voice, and I shall heed your whim." It bowed its head again, then took to the air, beating its mighty - though somewhat shredded now - wings.

Sentinel moved alongside Frostbite. Having heard the Dragon speak it became clear that similar attacks would take place against settlements across the world! Elesieth AND the good Queen Morgana had been captured by the Dark Queen - Morrigan - and her forces, and were en route to the north where the Dark Queen planned some ritual whereby the land would divert its magicks towards her instead of correcting the balance! That left the heroes a choice - head directly North, attempt to find and rescue Elesieth, who couldn't be far away, or try to save as many settlements, and enlist dark forces to their cause, as possible.

As much as the idea had its problems, a flight of dragons could do an awful lot of damage to Nazi planes back in their home world...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! - Page 6 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 08 2011, 07:16

Admin wrote:Sentinel moved alongside Frostbite. Having heard the Dragon speak it became clear that similar attacks would take place against settlements across the world! Elesieth AND the good Queen Morgana had been captured by the Dark Queen - Morrigan - and her forces, and were en route to the north where the Dark Queen planned some ritual whereby the land would divert its magicks towards her instead of correcting the balance! That left the heroes a choice - head directly North, attempt to find and rescue Elesieth, who couldn't be far away, or try to save as many settlements, and enlist dark forces to their cause, as possible.

As much as the idea had its problems, a flight of dragons could do an awful lot of damage to Nazi planes back in their home world...

After acknowledging Raspendarr, Frostbite remained in thought for a longtime, as his friend approached he pulled himself from his reflections. "We've a simple choice, my friend. The Dark Queen, has kidnapped both her counterpart and Elesieth..." Frostbite tried to add the name without any hint of emotion entering his voice. But his heart fluttered all the same. He quickly got a grip, surprised at the depth of feeling that lay there.

"We've a simple choice, we stop Raspendarr's Dragon kin from ruining other towns or we go after the Queen and take this to her directly. I know where my heart lies in this, therefore my judgement might be clouded." He added the last word with a hint of a smile. It wasn't hard to see how he felt about the unlikely possibility of Elesieth. Shaking his head, he waited for Sentinel to respond.

OOC:

OK Ross rearguard action or take it too the Queen. I know what you are going to say, but I wanted to let you offer any other suggestions as to things I might have missed.

I think regardless I am going to stop this ritual, fighting the dragons would be pointless and if we do subdue the queen we can then take the dragons with us and lead them in a rampage against the Nazi's that would lead what they did here to shame.

What do you think?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Nov 08 2011, 08:18

OOC: What do I think? I think we've got are selfs a dragon dam it....lets torch...er save people, yes save people thats what I meant.

Oh and dont give Dave ideas about being a killer DM please. And Dave no more pits off spikes.....why is the most nimble 1 of the group the 1 that always falls in? I swear those things do more damage to me thing else

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 08 2011, 08:39

smaug wrote:OOC: What do I think? I think we've got are selfs a dragon dam it....lets torch...er save people, yes save people thats what I meant.

Oh and dont give Dave ideas about being a killer DM please. And Dave no more pits off spikes.....why is the most nimble 1 of the group the 1 that always falls in? I swear those things do more damage to me thing else

OOC:

Ok lets go for the queen!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Nov 08 2011, 11:37

"I really must try this thing called 'diplomacy'" sentinel joked as he looked at the gigantic winged beast with a secret wheeze of re leaf then quickly shaking it off to keep up his 'hard' front

"Lets go get are self's a queen then"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 08 2011, 12:59

B'esrik sighed. Helping another of the fallen rangers to their feet he glanced about. Checking the room for the inevitable only confirmed what he now knew. "T'omadarr betrayed the Queen. hard to believe." He turned, watching the window where Silver Sentinel and Frostbite flew back in.

"Your power is impressive, outlanders, but it was not enough to stop the Queens' Praetorian betraying her and stealing her away." he spat. He bowed his head "Nor was I preceptive enough to see it coming. T'omadarr I have known since my youth. Ne'er would I have though he would betray his own kind unless..."

Sentinel put the answer forward and B'esrik cursed in Elvish. "It was T'omadarr's evil self! Where then, is the true warrior I know? I matters not. All that matters is that the Queen - both Queens - are returned and the power of law and good is returned to the land before chaos and evil washes over us like a wave, leaving death in its wake!"

He beckoned the pair into the Queens' room where the window was open, and shook his head again. Outside in the corridor the paralysing poison that had downed the Rangers was wearing off. "Here, a map."

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! - Page 6 Map_1

OOC forget the last map. Found a better one.

"We are in Alloduan."

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! - Page 6 Map_2

"The Dark Forces will seek to take Elesieth north and east (OOC oops), towards the dread fortress of Gasterfang. We suspect the Queen - the True Queen, Morgana - is not there yet, otherwise this land would be clouded in darkness and Morrigan would be the victor already. Also, there is the question of Elesieth. As the appointed Queen in Morgana's absence she has a part to play - if Morrigan takes Morgana out of the picture, it stands to reason that Elesieth will increase in power to match her. It is not simply a case of anointing a new queen. Morgana was clever. When she knew she would be taken, she magicked the crown away - the one she wears now will be naught but illusion. Elesieth wears the crown, and none but her may remove it. If I were Morrigan I would have the kidnapped Queens taken by air, but that creates a problem - many will see and the forces of good will rally, calling ahead and using magicks to head them off. The Dark Queen could use her magick to simply transport them, but the good Queens' own magicks will interfere. No. It's possible they go overland, and take to the air when needed. If we send word to allies we can keep watch, then strike to free both the Queens, though they have a 2 day head start on us with Morgana. I have Rangers tracking in the woods now, but we track rangers - evil counterparts of skilled warriors with centuries of experience between them. They will vanish like ghosts, leave false trails, and when night falls..." he glanced outside at the setting sun "The dead will walk in the twin moons light. I fear for Elesieth. She is kind, and gentle. More, she is unversed in the use of the power she wields."

He sighed, then sagged back. "And you are embroiled in our woes for I know of no way - save the Queens magick - that you may return home!"

"We have sent word to Caradul. The Duke there will aid us, I believe."

=========

Caradul...The Throne room of Duke Margras Von Karamond III

"My lord Duke. Your orders?" asked the old man in stately robes.

The Duke leaned back in his chair. "Do as they ask." he said, crumpling a scroll in his gauntleted hand.

"And the other request, my lord?"

The Duke pondered for a moment, then gave a slight smile. "Prepare the Scarlet Legion for battle."

The Seneschal paled, then nodded. "As my lord commands, but..."

A glance from the Duke silenced him. "As my lord commands." he turned and left, a chill running through his bones!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 09 2011, 07:36

Admin wrote:"The Dark Forces will seek to take Elesieth north and east...It's possible they go overland, and take to the air when needed. If we send word to allies we can keep watch, then strike to free both the Queens, though they have a 2 day head start on us with Morgana. I have Rangers tracking in the woods now, but we track rangers - evil counterparts of skilled warriors with centuries of experience between them. They will vanish like ghosts, leave false trails, and when night falls..." he glanced outside at the setting sun "The dead will walk in the twin moons light. I fear for Elesieth. She is kind, and gentle. More, she is unversed in the use of the power she wields."

OOC:

Ok I held off posting as I was working yesterday and also I wasn't sure how fast we could travel (super speedy flight - more like glide) and all that. So here is my thought, we'll leave straight away, yes the dead walk but unless they flap about we'll be safer amongst the clouds and Frostbite would be understandably anxious to reduce that lead.

So two things, is flying under our own strength the best - distance isn't on the map, just where things are located. Or do we need to call on the power again?

Second I could take our pet dragon with us, although I am worried he might rebel when it comes to attacking his own evil types? So I don't want to do that right now.

The other thing is if B'esrik's people, firstly does he know how we can tell his people apart from their evil doppelgänger? And how they might contact us if we're heading in mid flight over them?

===

Frostbite was keen to leave, even as the sun dipped low in the sky. He realised that delay was only going to play into their enemies hands. But equally he was aware that this was all new to him. Since the land's rebirth, so much had changed. Who knew what was going on or going to happen?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 09 2011, 22:46

OOC unfortunately grade 1 flight is what it is - barely faster than the fastest sprinter running though over rough terrain you suffer no slowdown so you would make better speed (maybe 2-3 times as fast) as people on foot, except that these Elves have Speed Grade 1 as well, so they don't exactly hang about). Distance isn't on the map but you can figure on around 500 miles to you ultimate destination. If you aren't going to go after Elesieth (and you'd need to be on the ground to track the kidnappers) then flying straight there would take you around 15-18 hours allowing for rest stops (though very short ones) and hoping that you don't get lost. Oh, and any encounters along the way will slow you down too. The Dragon might fly faster than you (but not much, it's a big thing, say 50mph instead of 35mph) but could be an option. You subdued it so don't worry about it betraying you. Unless something comes along that flattens you and proves to be stronger, it's aware of the pecking order and Frostbite is at the top right now.

B'esrik shook his head. "How can any of us tell the difference? I assumed that our evil counterparts would looks somehow... darker than us, and they do. Their hair is white, their skin dark, eyes yellow. They reek of evil. Therefore the evil version of T'omadarr must have used magic to obscure his features. Hmmm. Perhaps there is a way. We have sorcerers amongst our people. They can fashion a charm to show the true nature of a creature, past any illusions or disguises they may wear. I shall pass word to them, but it may take a few hours."

He pondered the problem of the tree canopy. "Our people are excellent trackers and climbers. So are the people we chase, but they have a captive to slow them down. if we leave immediately, we can pick up their trail with luck and start to follow them." he shook his head again. "T'omadarr was the best of us though, so his evil counterpart will be no less!" He laughed. "I am not full of cheer at the best of times. The others of my clan make fun of me, but I see no cheer in this situation. The Dark Queen triumphs if she can somehow harness the powers of the White Queens without killing them. That is the only consolation - if the White Queens - one or both - are killed, the magic of the land will compensate. It is strange though. There is the Dark Queen and two White Queens. Where is the balance?"

He looked up at the steadily rising moons. "A group of twenty of us will set off on the path we have so far. The false trails our enemies lay will slow us, but they will realise that every delay to make a false trail allows us to get closer. In the meantime I suggest you and your friend head towards the city of Caradul. I would be surprised if the enemy avoided it. It has the reputation of being a place where anything can be bought and sold for a price, and the Dark Queen will make sure her goals are achieved. Perhaps there you may be able to find out who is helping the evil one and lay in wait for the group, assuming they go there. They will need supplies at the very least, and these forests hold danger to all unwary beings, good or evil. All is not lost yet."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 10 2011, 07:28

Admin wrote:"I am not full of cheer at the best of times. The others of my clan make fun of me, but I see no cheer in this situation. The Dark Queen triumphs if she can somehow harness the powers of the White Queens without killing them. That is the only consolation - if the White Queens - one or both - are killed, the magic of the land will compensate. It is strange though. There is the Dark Queen and two White Queens. Where is the balance?"

Frostbite laid his hand gently on the elves' shoulder, "I think we can appreciate you pragmatic outlook, my friend. Now I think Sentinel and I need to be away to Caradul. Its probably best that we see if we can find more information from there, but can you provide us suitable clothes with which we can attempt to blend in?"

Whilst B'esrik, set about the request, Frostbite pondered the meaning of his last words...indeed if the land had produced mirror images of everything and there were two white queens, why only one dark one? Unless of course one was yet to be revealed?

Frostbite continued to pace as he thought through these issues, he noticed that there was within him a grow ire at having to wait. He stopped, breathed deeply and then realised just how hard his heart had been beating. He was stressed, anxious, his thoughts were racing. Could it be that his feelings, such as they were, were effecting his judgement? It had been a long time since Joe, this Joe had been in love. He had, had a sort of on off relationship in his old life. But somehow this was different! Suddenly snapping back to the present, he berated himself for his lack of discipling in the field and got a grip. Continuing to breath steadily he brought his mind and body to a place where he could again concentrate. But he knew he would have to watch himself, such emotions could be a trigger for him to loose control, if Elesieth was threatened or harmed, give his present state of mind, there was no telling what this might do, despite his military discipline.

OOC:

Ok when the stuff is ready we'll make our way to Caradul. On the way I'll take the trouble to invite along Raspendarr, he might as well serve us as back up. Although I would like to keep him out of sight for the time being. I think we'll ride with him some of the time - its speedier, and leave him somewhere to knaw on whatever dark creatures he can find in the nearby forest - but hopefully away from innocent folk.

Once we've got the stuff ready, we'll head off and at Caradul, do our best to get in unnoticed. If there are city guards who are checking everyone, throwing their weight around, then I think we'll try and use our powers to slip in as best we can. We can always fly over a wall, or melt the lock on a door or go intangible etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Nov 10 2011, 08:02

"Huh suitable clothes indeed, you should be proudly on display at all times baby" sentinel said reassuring his armoured suit and kissing the back of his gauntlet "but I think frosty has a point, remember daddy still loves you"
If your quite finished. Mr Ridon thoughts brings up an intersting idea....if this is indeed a land of balance would there not also have copies of yourselfs........very intersting indeed
As the gravely voice with in trailed of sentinel thought he heard him/it chuckle to its self

OOC: I would like to 'reduce' my armour if possible if not I hear a big ass elven cloak is totally in this season

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10 2011, 09:17

B'esrik paused for a moment, turned to leave, then stopped. Turning about he bowed his head slightly. "The powers ranged against us are legion. We do not know who we can trust and who is false until we wear the magical amulets that I speak of. I would..." He paused again. The Elf was clearly proud and not one to ask anything of another. "I... humbly request that one of you accompany us on the ground as we track the group. It will be slow, tiring work, but the ones we follow are nefarious. If I were being tracked, I would lay traps, ambush, call on all the dark powers and allies I had. It seems the Dark Queens' minions are better organised than we because of the Queens gentle trusting nature, a weakness they have exploited." he paused again, frowning "I do not mean that as an insult to Elesieth, but the previous Queen was caught unaware by the grail magick. Elesieth had a short time to prepare and rally, but she is too trusting, too... 'good'. Therefore the forces of evil were able to catch us unawares." he sighed.

"They will do so again unless we have aid from powers such as yourselves."

And Elven Ranger ran from the forests' edge. "Sir!" he said, bowing and giving a short salute. "We have discovered five distinct trails. They split up. Our scouts have returned, and we have narrowed it down to two trails. With further inspection we believe we can find the kidnappers. They have only minutes on us but their plan was well thought out. We believe they are mounted. This makes things easier for us - they are easier to follow, but are moving faster as a result. We have summoned horses." he looked nervously at the two Vanguardians. "One of the scouts is injured. He lost an arm. They lay in wait for him, but he managed to escape. He said that they were in the company of Orcs and Trolls."

The Elven Rangers look out at the vast expanse of the forest.

"The Dark Forces grow bold. With every good ranger matched by an evil twin, we are outnumbered. Perhaps you two are the balance the grail has provided." said B'esrik. "Will one of you accompany us in the forest as we follow? The other should head to the city and find word if Morgana was seen or heard of, and hopefully head off this new group before they arrive. Between us we can make sure they cannot escape, and recover Elesieth. Then once the Queen is safe, we gather all available might and head to Morrigans fortress in the northern wastes."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10 2011, 09:18

OOC Also, noted about Sentinels' armour shrinking. With his power to morph metal he can shrink it to a thick breastplate under forest attire (tunic, cloak, hood, trousers etc) to better blend in.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 10 2011, 09:32

Admin wrote:"The Dark Forces grow bold. With every good ranger matched by an evil twin, we are outnumbered. Perhaps you two are the balance the grail has provided." said B'esrik. "Will one of you accompany us in the forest as we follow? The other should head to the city and find word if Morgana was seen or heard of, and hopefully head off this new group before they arrive. Between us we can make sure they cannot escape, and recover Elesieth. Then once the Queen is safe, we gather all available might and head to Morrigans fortress in the northern wastes."

Frostbite quickly turned to his companion, "Sentinel I need to go with my dragon to the city, I've been here before so I'm a bit more familiar with some of the things that go on here. I want you to accompany the rangers, they need you fire power and back up. Also I think you're strength of character and fortitude is greater than you've hither to give yourself credit for. I think if you need to call on the dark power, your control of it, will be greater now than before. As always I am only a thought away, if need be. But I know you're in good hands."

Frostbite nodded to the others, "Its agreed, Sentinel will join you and I will go ahead, he and I can remain in contact via..." Frostbite thought for a moment and then said, "...our power. So we can communicate on our progress. Good hunting."

With on last nod to Sentinel, Frostbite gathered the clothes B'esrik had given him and took to the air, speeding away toward where he knew his Dragon rested.

OOC:

Ok go to get Dragon and then head for Caradul.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Nov 10 2011, 10:43

"Im not sure who will looking after who, these rangers are most than a match for any foe im sure" sentinel replied turning to the men of the wood then back to frostbite
"and im sure they know these woods better than anyman...or beast. I'll be in the safest hands possible.....better than you with that dragon" he joked "but seriously can you trust such a dark creature?"

His words lingered in the crisp air for too long
"Anyway gods speed my friend"

Jenson joined the rangers as they slipped into the woods almost undetected but the voice of a young british man could still be faintly heard "Ever heard of Robin hood and his merry men?"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10 2011, 10:53

OOC the last line made me chuckle Smile Frostbite switch to the new thread (you'll see it in current issue) Sentinel to stay in this one. I'll update you in an hour or so Ross - just got to run an errand to sort father in laws computer out. Another "What have done to it this time...?" visit...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 10 2011, 18:56

OOC so much for 'an hour'. Sorry. Spent ages tracking down a fault, guess it was a dead motherboard but might turn out to be CPU as well. Then wife has to take youngest son to hospital and run around all afternoon like headless chicken. Oh well.

Sentinel saw Frostbite leave on the Dragon and B'esrik spoke up "I hope you can keep up, Sir Knight! You may yet need your magical armour as well - these woods are dangerous even for Elven Rangers!"

The group set off, Sentinel having to form the metal boots around his feet to hover off the floor of the forest in order to keep up with the speedy elves. About half an hour later another Elf came out of the deepening trees up ahead.

"Their trail splits again." he reported.

B'esrik cursed. "Then we'd best be ready for a trap!"

The group moved slower. The trees now shut out most of the failing light, and Silver Sentinel had to admit it was tricky for him to see. The Elves didn't seem to mind. One even leaned in and whispered. "So. This 'Robin Hood'? A mighty warrior? And what of these men you speak of? War is not something to be merry about, I have found."

B'esrik hushed him over his shoulder as he knelt to exam what appeared to be leaves on the ground.

"They are making faster time than us, Sir Knight." he cursed quietly. "They use Warstriches! Flightless birds with large clawed feet that spread the load and ferocious tempers. They hunt in these parts in packs. The Dark Elves must have had them ready. We'll never..."

"Sir!" hissed another Elf.

B'esrik looked up. "I hear." he turned to Silver Sentinel. "Sir Knight! A group of creatures approaches!" he turned to his elves. "to the trees!" and turned to stand next to Silver Sentinel as the Elves more or less disappeared in the branches of the trees above!

OOC Any special preparation? An unknown something or someone approaches through the trees. It's too dark to see or make out what is coming. Will Sentinel stand boldly to face it, hide and wait, summon his armour or call on the Dark Power to show the newcomers what's what? Or perhaps he'll play it cool, sat in the dark clearing cross legged and displaying a knowing smile to whatever comes through the trees to intercept them...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Nov 11 2011, 11:22

"Chance favors the prepared mind"

"Sir?" answered one of the elf with an arched eye brow

Sentinel didnt have to tell the rangers to stand ready for he could see they were trained well and with but a thought would spring into action
"Just something my teacher once said" sentinel replied as his suit once again formed around his limbs and face then harden as the sheen disappeared

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 11 2011, 23:10

B'esrik raised an eyebrow but said nothing as the silvery metal slid across Sentinels skin like a living thing!

Suddenly the Elf turned, looking at the trees. "Something this way comes!" he hissed and gave a signal to his Elves in the trees to be ready!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #4a - All aboard the Odin! - Page 6 Graphics_centaur_622558

OOC it's night, the trees are densely packed and the canopy is thick, meaning hardly any light to see by, but you get the idea...

The centaur woman trotted into the clearing, harsh look on her face. "Your presence here is neither wanted nor needed ranger!" she hissed. "Others like you passed this way. We greeted them and were rewarded with poisoned arrows that killed many of our young stallions! You and your Elves..." she nodded at the trees "had best be prepared to fight - aye, and die - as we exact a blood price for your treachery!"

With a smooth flowing move, she pulled arrow from quiver and nocked, pulling back instantly and sucking a breath in!

B'esrik snarled, hand a blur as he snatched an arrow and pulled his own bow up, speed defying belief! Around, in the trees, the sudden presence of more Centaurs was detected, and it became clear the Elves - and Silver Sentinel - were surrounded!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Nov 12 2011, 21:24

"We shall die fighting ....." quickly answered one of elven rangers

"Wooh wooh wooh hold the phone" stepped in sentinel

"I am holding no 'phone' sir knight it is an elm bow"

"Rangers lower your bows" sentinel asked from the corner if his mouth
"I think you have the wrong people and what treachery. I think you find we're properly on the same team."
There was a deadly silence as not even a single bird churpped

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 13 2011, 23:43

With bows still nocked and pointed at one another, Sentinel saw other shapes in the trees come forwards, arrows on bows pointed upwards at Elves in trees. The female centaur looked over at Sentinel. "Your armour looks naught like that I have e'er seen before, Sir Knight. And it is you who trespass! Elves stay clear of this forest section, as well you know, though recently have come some who ignore the wants and needs of others! tell me, how are you different?"

B'esrik glanced at Silver Sentinel with a 'hope you're right about this' look and lowered his bow, calling out to the Rangers to do the same. Reluctantly they did so, and dropped from the trees with hands up whilst the centaurs still covered them.

"What now fearless leader?" muttered B'esrik. "We are the prisoners of these horse people. If they follow their laws we will be taken to their village and tried according to their ways. All the while Elesieth gets further away!"

"SILENCE!" barked the woman as she trotted up. She looked down at Sentinel and ordered "Your armour, Sir Knight. Remove it! And though I see no sword, you will disarm as well! According to our ways, you will be taken to our village and tried by our sacred elders to determine the laws you have broken!"

B'esrik rolled his eyes. "Well?" he muttered to Sentinel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Nov 14 2011, 23:46

"If we were indeed your enemy would we give are selfs to you freely? We are tracking someone and time is of the essence. I can see nothing we can say will change your mind, how about you come with us and see that are intentions are just.....if are actions are agaisnt your laws I'll lay my life in your elders hands"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15 2011, 09:52

The female Centaur narrowed her eyes. "You would be the second party that passed through here recently that would have broken our laws and invaded our territory. However, unlike those you have not slaughtered our people and have proven yourselves willing to talk but... " she narrowed her eyes, looking at the Ranger Elves. "Some of those here seem familiar. magick is at work here!"

One of the male centaurs hissed and bared his teeth.

"Be it on my head, but I say we let these strangers pass. promise to never return and I will grant you passage through our lands - IF - you punish those who broke our laws. We will keep... " she pointed at a ranger "Him as proof against betrayal. He shall not be harmed if you return in 3 days. After that? We shall make war on the Elves of this forest and drive them out!"

The centaurs roared their approval and B'esrik leaned in close. "These savages mean it! My people can ill afford another enemy on their border, especially with evil counterparts of ourselves using magic to disguise themselves and pass off as us!" He sighed. "The decision is yours. If you choose to fight here, my men will fight - and die - with you. We are outnumbered but will make the centaurs pay for their delaying us!" he hissed.

The female centaur, though out of earshot, bristled, having guessed the general content of B'esriks speech. "What is it to be, Knight? You seem to be the ruler of this Elvish band, even though you are human."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Nov 16 2011, 08:01

"Your sacrifice is most noble. We will return within three days and when we do the whole forest will be signing your praises for you will be the one who joined the forest as one, elfs and centaurs." sentinel then held out his arm for B'esrik to lock as he had watched the rangers do out of respect.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 16 2011, 18:23

"Me?" spluttered B'esrik.

The Centaur woman looked on "One Elf is as good as another."

"Why you..." started B'esrik, until Silver Sentinel shook hands with him. The Elf scowled, then grumbled "My life is in your hands outlander. 3 days. Trust in my rangers. They will follow the path the evil ones took and lead you to Elesieth!"

=========

Moving off into the forest, watched all the while by the Centaurs, Sentinel saw the Elves scouring the ground, looking for trace of passage...

His abilities were mostly combat focussed, and the going was slow indeed for him, being a man of action. One of the Elves explained. "Those we follow are the evil twins of some of our own band, who number amongst the best hunter trackers in the Elven Clans. Therefore we must..."

"Up here!"

The Elf waved Sentinel on and crouched beside another. "Trip wire. See? Look yonder..." he pointed to bushes cunningly pulled to one side and hiding makeshift sprung branch traps. "Made to catch the unwary, one at a time. They know that to kill means we leave a companion behind, but to wound? That slows us down or lessens our number! Yes, the progress is slow, but better that than the alternative!"

=========

Having stopped for a short time to rest, Sentinel gnawed on a rabbit, caught, skinned and cooked expertly by a Ranger...

"I am Dru'ok" said the Elf who had been Sentinels' guide since B'esrik was left behind. "in many ways I think we would be better without a Queen of light and good. Whilst she brought peace and stability to the land, it was short lived, and darkness holds sway now. Far better to fight ones own battles, though that argument falls apart when the weak cannot stand against the evil strong." he suddenly turned. "Something this way comes!"

They were in a deep, dark section of the forest by now, having followed the trail for hours, including slowing to disarm traps and being led on a false trail more than once.

Suddenly the sounds of the forest - insects, animals and even the sound of wind through leaves, seemed to go quiet!

The Elven Rangers instantly took to the trees, scampering up in no time at all! Dru'ok turned to Silver Sentinel. He cocked his head to one side and listened. "Three large creatures! By the sounds... War Trolls! Their weight and size are unmistakable! We must hide, and hope they have not caught our scent! Our arrows rarely penetrate their thick hides, and they resist our strongest magicks! Evil has grown bolder indeed to send such creatures out into the forest!"

The thumping got louder! "Hurry, man!" hissed Dru'ok, heading for the trees...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Nov 17 2011, 07:54

"Trolls? At last something I can do unlike all this sneaking around"

Sentinel understood little about tracking, it was something about where ever you tread you leave a mark. Silver sentinel then leaped into the air hovering just above the clearing for he was intersted to see what manner of creature these trolls were they sounded pretty big whatever they are.

OOC: Oops bet B'esrik hates me now :-( I just thought he could take care of himself (better than I red shirt anyday) I will come back for him dam it (Im shaking my fist right now....never leave a man behind)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next