The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Putty Issue #1

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

World War II - Putty Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: World War II - Putty Issue #1

Post  Admin Tue Nov 23 2010, 13:31

ANYMAN
Lance Allard

"We'll get to the bottom about how you got these amazing powers, but first,we'll have to find their limits. Once we know that, there will be an intensive period of training. Your acting skills will be invaluable, but the task will not be easier." said the Brigadier. "To infiltrate the enemy command structure we must target an officer, find out all there is to know about them, and you must become that person, down to knowing every last detail. Your training starts here. Effectively immediately, I am granting you a commission to the rank of Lieutenant, with all rank and privileges that brings. Unfortunately you will have to stay here for the time being - if Lance Allard is to 'die' we need to find you a new face and personality. Your training will continue, and it will be gruelling. Expect around 12-15 hours a day with every expert in behavioural techniques we can come up with, as well as the strange sciences section testing."

He strolled around the room "This represents an opportunity to strike back at the Nazis and their plans. If what we think we know turns out true, then heaven help us. The Axis powers have an army of strange and powerful metahumans to do their bidding!"

"Connie! Get General Forbes on the phone! I need to confer with him right away!" he yelled. "I must take this call, excuse me. I'll be back in 10 minutes. Captain, show the Lieutenant round would you?"

=========

Steed stood up, straightening her jacket. "I suppose all of this has come has a shock to your system." she said as the pair walked down the corridor. Allard had his bandages back in place now - it wouldn't do to be seen to impersonate an officer! "We will give you the very best training that we can, and you'll have back up in the field. It will be hard though. You'll need to speak German, possibly French, and have a complete understanding of the people you are to imitate."

As the pair came to a window overlooking a room several levels down, Allard gasped. "What are they doing to that man?"

There was a young fellow clad only in boxer shorts and strapped to an upright table whilst scientists gathered around. What looked to be some kind of ray gun from the serials pointed at the young man.

"The scientists have been trying to perfect a method of enhancing our troops through herbal, medical and scientific means. They call that the 'meta-ray'. It stimulates the particles in the human body and fills them with energy. Quite remarkable."

There was a bright flash, then screaming, followed by silence and cries of alarm in the room. The young man attached to the table was blackened and fried.

"The volunteers know the risk, and leap at the chance to serve their country" she said sadly. "But unless we get more like you, I fear we are doomed." Both watched as the still barely alive man was taken away for medical treatment and the scientists resumed scratching their heads...

=========

"You're to go see General Forbes." said the Brigadier. "Or rather, I put my foot down. He's on his way here, to see you. He's my opposite number in DICE, representing the operational side of things. Good man, relies too much on his mentor, though the fellow IS remarkable. In fact... they should be here soon..."

OOC The next post from me will see you meet the General - and hopefully Clive Wynn, the alter ego of Stormwarden...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 23 2010, 15:34

ANYMAN

"You're to go see General Forbes." said the Brigadier. "Or rather, I put my foot down. He's on his way here, to see you. He's my opposite number in DICE, representing the operational side of things. Good man, relies too much on his mentor, though the fellow IS remarkable. In fact... they should be here soon..."

"I understand, sir. Oh sir, I've thought about a good way for me to die, sir. How about burn victim LCPL Allard being transfered to a hospital in France where a famous surgeon has a new grafting technique for burn victims? The plane disappears over the Channel in bad weather. Perhaps shot down. Some wreckage could wash up on shore. Something like that."

OOC The next post from me will see you meet the General - and hopefully Clive Wynn, the alter ego of Stormwarden...

ooc: A combined post sounds neat and that will give Putty a chance to start to come to life inside Alllard.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 23 2010, 23:10

ANYMAN

"Not a bad plan." admitted Forbes. He looked up, seeing an aide wave for his attention. "Ah, they are here. Follow me please and remember - everything that is said and done inside these walls STAYS inside these walls." he marched out, and Steed nodded to Allard "I like the way your mind works Lieutenant."

Then she followed Forbes...

OOC switch to World War II - The Vanguard Issue #1 (Crossover Stormwarden, Putty, Frostbite)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08 2010, 04:25

Agent: Lance Allard
Codename: Anyman

"Excellent!" shouted the training Sergeant as Anyman rolled on landing. He'd completed his tenth jump landing from a plane at night, and after the odd excursion into trees, was getting the hang of it nicely. His foreign language training was coming along, and his superhuman powers were becoming second nature now, amazing and pleasing him in equal measure as he became more comfortable with his superhuman strength and ability to mould his face to anyone he so desired to mimic! He missed contact with the others - each had been taken away for specific training and distractions would have been unwanted, but still... Images of Captain Steed sprung to mind. He frowned. This was war! No time for such trivialities!

He worked on gathering his chute.

=========

World War II - Putty Issue #1 - Page 2 Apbfic

"This man is Wolfgang Meinhoffen. He is a scientist our intelligence sources state has been working on some very worrying projects. Born of Austrian-German parents, he was a child prodigy, genius level IQ by the time he left school and pressed into service by German intelligence services. He dropped off our radar until recently. We have disturbing images that suggest his crackpot theories of a new super fuel that can power miniature rockets strapped to soldiers... well... the picture speaks for itself..." said the officer in charge of the briefing taking place in the small dark room in Bletchley Park Manor. He was Colonel John Ramsey, an older officer but one Forbes and Dawson had elevated to the ranks of Colonel and given a role in DICE. He, like every other newcomer to the fledgling organisation, had been amazed and made proud by what he'd seen and learnt, and the man in Bandages sat at the desk in front of him was no exception. Having seen what Anyman could do, few doubted that the Vanguard were in fact a force to be treasured by the Allies and feared by the Nazis!

World War II - Putty Issue #1 - Page 2 A3e0sp

Memories sprang unbidden to Anymans mind. Of a battle, of jetpack wearing Nazi soldiers. It was like deja vu, but somehow very real. Had it happened at some point?

"His last known location was in Vienna, Austria. He is known to be an Opera lover amongst other interests and his youngest sister is believed to be making her singing debut in a week. We think that the devoted older brother will be there, and it is the ideal time to snatch him. Your mission will be to get close enough to snatch him away, and we will then need to get him out of the country. Do not underestimate this mans importance to the Nazi war machine. If this..." Ramsey pointed to the picture of the jetpack wearer "is real then the threat it represents could be catastrophic. We need to know everything about the project, and find out where the testing and manufacture is taking place. Chosoe your equipment carefully, for you fly out tonight and will have to make your own way in Austria itself."

"Your first mission behind enemy lines. We have prepared an identity for you. Once your plans are in place, you'll be taken to the airfield and a plane awaits."

OOC If you'd like to cook up a cover story and identity for Anyman feel free, otherwise I'll knock one out. Also if you'd like to list equipment you need, and feel free to come up with something Q branch might conjure for Bond - at worst I can only say 'no'. When you're ready, we'll get you dropped behind enemy lines...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 08 2010, 12:20

ANYMAN

"Your first mission behind enemy lines. We have prepared an identity for you. Once your plans are in place, you'll be taken to the airfield and a plane awaits."

OOC If you'd like to cook up a cover story and identity for Anyman feel free, otherwise I'll knock one out. Also if you'd like to list equipment you need, and feel free to come up with something Q branch might conjure for Bond - at worst I can only say 'no'. When you're ready, we'll get you dropped behind enemy lines...

OOC: Man, what a time to go blank on those WW2 history of spies shows I used to watch on the History Channel. Let's see, gonna need a radio to transmit information. Need to break it up and disguise it as something - probably an electric razor and a electric massage device. Need drugs to knock out the scientist and keep him out. A telescope that could be put together from a couple of metal tipped pens, also can convert it into a periscope to peer around corners and over walls. Invisible ink and paper. Bombs would be nice, disguised as small bags of flour or frozen eggs. Plastic explosives, which were invented during this time, disguised as containers of boot polish.

Gonna need money.

Best disguise is as a Gestapo officer or as someone who could be an assistant to the scientist and would therefore have run of most of the place he is at.

That's my ideas for now but gotta get ready for work and will think on it some more later.

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/spy-gadgets.html THis is a link of MI-5 gadgets used in WW2.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 08 2010, 22:41

Gonna need fuses for the explosives - specially treated ties and shoelaces can be used for those. Gonna need microfilm and a camera as well. I know cameras were disguised as packs of cigarettes and as pipes back then. Cigarette packs were also good for holding explosives and small thermite bombs.

If you want the book on this subject, try this: http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/Mark-Seaman/Secret-Agent-s-Handbook-The-WWII-Spy/1585742864.html

A low level assistant, one not needing a lot of knowledge but good at lifting and carrying and writing notes would be a good cover. As is the Gestapo officer. Heck, kitchen help might work too, as long as he gets to deliver trays around the place. Figuring that they want Anyman to destroy whatever research there is, as well as get away with what he has.

Pretty much all I can think of at present for my junior spy.

Also, since Putty knew German in his "real" world, and since I put a point in it, is he a lot better at regional accents as a result?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 09 2010, 00:52

OOC Putty is indeed fully fluent with German as a language, so the difficulty number for that skill use is far lower than it might be normally with just 1 skill point in it. With regards a radio the best bet would be to appropriate one over there, even use a post office and send a telegram, admittedly in code. I think all the radios back then were huge things that were full of valves and quite fragile, but I'm no expert. A bottle of chloroform, tiny telescope/periscope is fine, Invisible ink and paper ok, ingredients for bombs are no problem. He may need an hour or so to mix and prepare them mind but he'd have enough for half a dozen grenade size or one large one. Shoelaces for fuses, again, fine. Tiny spy camera and roll of film, also ok, probably comes in several sections designed (as functional items in some cases) as lighters, snuff boxes etc. Plenty of money - enough to masquerade as an idle rich layabout for the weekend also provided, in case Anyman fancies his chances at roulette tables...

That left the problem of what to do with the face under the bandages. Over the last few weeks he'd played around with his amazing ability and gotten it 'down pat' enough to simply imagine a face and a get a good rough copy, though the details were a bit off sometimes. if he had a magazine with photos in, a mirror and time, he was pretty sure even a mother would be hard pressed to tell him from her offspring!

As he was driven in the car to the quiet airfield in the dark, he thought back to the last few weeks, the training, long hours and all the while being tested for his amazing abilities and their limits. The inner voice had stayed quite in this time, and little else appeared to be happening in the world save that British forces were gathering in Belgium. Gathering... and doing little else. He wondered what the Nazis were up to but figured worrying about it wouldn't bring them out of the woodwork any sooner.

"Change of plan sir" called the driver as they stopped at the airfield checkpoint. Before Anyman could ask what that plan change might be, he saw another car parked near the runway, and heard the driver whistle. Silhouetted against the fading sun he saw the prim shape of Captain Steed leant against the car, watching the sun go down. "Now THAT... is a classy chassis." remarked the driver. She was dressed in smart suit, hat and smoked a cigarette casually before stubbing it out and applying a quick squirt of breath freshen. Nodding to the driver of the car she'd arrived in, she walked across the runaway to where the plane was parked up. It would stop off at several points so as not to arouse suspicion when it arrived in Austria. A plane with only two passengers would look strange indeed. Plans had been set in motion to land and have the German authorities notified it was a passenger airliner, and to that end on it's first landing it would have German markings revealed as covers were peeled away, though it would be safely away from British airspace before then so as not to be shot down.

The driver of Steeds car followed with two of her cases, and stashed them in the cargo hold. The pilot and crew were Air force, but other than that knew nothing about their valuable cargo, save the mission was top secret. Having adopted a plain face and covered most of his features with a hat, Anyman stepped out of the car and looked about. For some reason he got the idea it would be a while before he saw his native Britain again. Turning to the plane he strode across the runway and boarded. It was a fine passenger aircraft with plenty of seats and windows. Sat on a wing side next to a window Steed looked up as he entered. Then he realised she didn't recognise him. Protocol dictated she not reveal her true mission and role, but she gave a long hard look at the stranger boarding the plane before nodding politely and looking back out the window.

Anyman couldn't help but hide a smirk. His power meant he could be anyone, anytime.

Anyman.

OOC whether he reveals himself or has a play around with Steed first is up to him. As for her mission, he knows nothing about it, and vice versa.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 10 2010, 03:37

ANYMAN

Anyman couldn't help but hide a smirk. His power meant he could be anyone, anytime.

Anyman.

OOC whether he reveals himself or has a play around with Steed first is up to him. As for her mission, he knows nothing about it, and vice versa.

OOC: When you mentioned money, I had a "D'Oh!" minute. Anyman could easily pose as a rich American Playboy! America was still roughly divided 50-50 on getting involved in the war. That completely changed Dec 7, 1941. America First was a large organization that had many various famous members, including Charles Lindburgh, and its goal was to keep America out of what was seen as largely a European war. Germany was still looked favorably upon by a lot of people in the US.

Anyway, running late tonight so Anyman will hit on the good Captain Steed and see how well his disguise will hold up against her trained senses.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 10 2010, 22:19

OOC A plan is just that - don't mean it can't be changed or that trying things another way won't be a better way of doing stuff. With money in his pocket Anyman can be whomever he wants to be, but his American accent will need a little practise Smile

Steed gives Allard the cold shoulder when he moves into the seat across the aisle. When pressed, after he gives her a twist of the old charm, she turns to him. "Listen, I don't know who you are, but if you're working for British Intelligence like I assume you are then I suggest you use some of it and keep your cheap chat up lines to yourself! Or perhaps you'd like to continue to push your luck and see where it gets you!" she hissed. She turned to look out of the window.

Allard pondered on his next tactic, and whether to reveal his true identity as he saw Steed close her eyes and relax. The plane was scheduled to take on 'regular' passengers of various nationalities proving that life went on despite a war taking place. Well, supposedly taking place. The British Expeditionary Force gathering in Lille, France had not, as yet, engaged the Germans, and the French were reinforcing their numbers along their borders preparing for a defensive action after an aborted attack on Germany ended abruptly with French forces running foul of land mines. With Belgium staying resolutely neutral, and the allies convinced that Germany would ignore that neutrality and attack through the country, there appeared to be some kind of waiting game going on. Whilst that was the case, adequately prepared aircraft might still be able to cross borders and provide some semblance of normality.

It was dark outside. Allard frowned, then glanced ahead towards the cockpit. No aviator, he was still well educated and very intelligent. The plane had turned, not a minor correction but a a steady longer one...

He tried to remember the flight path, but just then a man in a waiters suit wheeled a trolley up from the back of the plane. "Refreshments sir, madam?" Every member of the crew on this plane had been placed there by DICE, so in theory there was nothing to fear. So why then did Allard feel very very uncomfortable...?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 10 2010, 23:14

ANYMAN

OOC: But he will need the passport of an American to pull that off though.

He tried to remember the flight path, but just then a man in a waiters suit wheeled a trolley up from the back of the plane. "Refreshments sir, madam?" Every member of the crew on this plane had been placed there by DICE, so in theory there was nothing to fear. So why then did Allard feel very very uncomfortable...?

"So ... what do you recommend for a slow boat to China," Anyman asked the waiter. He got up from his seat and stepped towards the cart as he looked over at Steed. "I say a slow boat because we just did a long slow turn and are not heading the way we are supposed to," he tells her, as he watches the waiter out of the corner of his eye.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 11 2010, 01:06

"Oh, everythings in order sir." said the waiter, lifting his towel to reveal a gun pointed at Allard underneath it. "Your every move has been watched from afar! Did you think your pathetic plans would go unchallenged! Heil Hitler!" he yells, a fanatic gleam in his eye!

Steed looks across, a quizzical look on her face, and seemingly ignoring the Nazi spy/traitor. "Anyman?" she asks.

The Waiter snarls "SILENCE WOMAN!" and points the gun at her. "You vill both sit down und relax. Your journey shall be most enlightening. For us..."

He's pointing the gun at Steed. At this distance, it'd be very hard for him to miss as she's sat, but Anyman knew Steed was no ordinary woman...

Anyman glanced back at the waiter. There was something... sweat rolling down his face? His eyes had a mad gleam, but his teeth were clenched, as if some inner struggle were going on... and the hand... quivering...

Steed simply turned to Anyman. "Well, we'd better do as the man says. Though I rather would have enjoyed a refreshing drink..." She smiled... And appeared to relax though Anyman noted the tightening of muscles around her jaw - she was making ready to pounce!

Anyman stood in the aisle with the trolley in between himself and the waiter, and a seat or so back from where Steed was sat. The next few moments would be critical!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Dec 11 2010, 01:53

CODENAME: ANYMAN

Anyman stood in the aisle with the trolley in between himself and the waiter, and a seat or so back from where Steed was sat. The next few moments would be critical!

OOC: have I got this right? Waiter, then a seat or so back is Steed and a seat or so back of her is the trolley and Anyman? Or is the waiter between the two of us? Will respond differently depending on which of the two set up there are.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 00:51

OOC Good point. Just re-read it and scratched my head. Let's do it this way...

World War II - Putty Issue #1 - Page 2 258lzxz

Red dots are you and Steed. Steed is sat on the chair, you are the lower dot in the aisle. The yellow square and circle are this guy who's 'serving drinks' about to ventilate you. Steed is in a fine position to strike out at the guy but he's holding a gun. Whilst Anyman is reasonably sure a bullet will hurt, but not kill him, Steed hasn't had any true test of her incredible superhuman endurance yet (she can survive being peppered by bullets, but she's not bullet-proof as such, and so the threat of being shot is a hurdle she still needs to overcome.)

Sorry for the confusion - it had been a looonnnng night last night and I clearly was in some kind of zombie like state when I wrote that...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Dec 12 2010, 04:00

Anyman hesitated a bit. He needed to get the gun off Steed, even for just a split second, then he could act against the man.

Taking a big gamble and hoping his powers would let him do it:

"Did you know I'm not really a man," he said, slowly raising his voice up from its usual bass-baritone level into an alto tone, and unbuttoning his trenchcost and slowly unbuttoning his shirt. As he did so, he used his morphing ability to give himself a pair.

"I'll prove it to you! Wanna see my naked breasts?"

With that, he rips open his shirt, showing a very nice pair. All he needed was for the man to look at him for just a second, and have the gun just wave an inch or two away from Steed and then he could kick at the trolley and send it hurling into the man.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 20:01

OOC I read that and gaped! You can pretty much guarantee the same reaction from the waiter and Steed...

"What in...?" started the waiter. His jaw slackened as he gaped at the open shirt of Anyman and he could do nothing about the trolley sent slamming into him! Steed was speechless, and didn't react even when the gunman went down, clutching his knees!

Anyman pushed the trolley aside, leaned down to haul up the Waiter and saw a marked change in the man. He looked in pain, and didn't quite know where he was "What the... ? Where am I? Why do my legs... and what the heck? Are you a man... or a woman?" he gasped. Steed stood, and picked up the Waiters gun that had fallen from a limp hand. She trained it on the Waiter, frowned, then turned to Anyman. "Well? Answer him!" she hissed. Clearly she didn't know quite with whom she was dealing either!

OOC Good plan. If this was an Exp type game that'd be worth +150 Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Dec 12 2010, 21:24

OOC I read that and gaped! You can pretty much guarantee the same reaction from the waiter and Steed...

ooc: shapeshift did say anything or anyone of appropriate size! Never said anything about being limited to only one sex!! lol!

"Don't worry, miss," Anyman said, trying not to blow Captain Steed's cover more then he had to, "I'm very definitely a man, if you ever go out with me and let me show you."

"Just not sure whatever is inside me is a man though," he mutters to himself.

"I think this man has been hypnotised or mind controlled or something," he continues in a normal voice, changing back to noraml as he does so, his voice dropping from alto back into his bass-baritone. "Pilots might be controlled as well. You watch him for a relapse and I will go up front to ... no, better yet, can you fly a plane? I can't."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 22:36

The Waiter sagged into a seat, rubbing his head. "What happened? I remember boarding the plane. My orders were to act as a normal waiter when we stopped at the various airports and make sure you two were covered in case the plane was boarded by Nazis. Then.. everything went dark! A voice in my head... cold... cruel... German!" he shuddered, then heard what Anyman had said. "You think the Pilot...?"

Steed stood, still shaken by Anymans' ruse, which had done its job. "I think the jury is still out on you, and I NEVER mix business with pleasure" she replied, frost dripping from his voice. "I can't fly this thing. That leaves us in a pickle. There are alternatives to revealing our hand though. Perhaps if we wait till the plane reaches its destination, then surprise whomever did this to our man here. Still, it's a considerable risk..." she admitted frown crossing her pretty face. "We are dealing with something most definitely out of the ordinary here!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Dec 13 2010, 00:36

Still, it's a considerable risk..." she admitted frown crossing her pretty face. "We are dealing with something most definitely out of the ordinary here!"

"When our friend here was under the control of whoever, he did say that they knew all about us," Lt. Anyman mused outloud. "So they be already aware of what we can do. Or they might just think that they know all about us. After all, he wasn't that much of a threat to either of us."

He looks over at Captain Steed.

"Of course, they could be getting ready to fly us far out to sea and then crash the plane, figuring even if we survive the crash, we could drown before getting back to land. Ugh! I hate trying to think like the other person when I don't have a ... a ... an anchor to create his personality," the actor griped. "If I knew who it was and just a bit of their motivation, I could figure out the next best step!"

"You outrank me in both rank and experienc," he said to the beautiful captain, "so whatever you think best is okay by me. But if we are going to let the pilot take us somewhere, it still might be a good idea to have someone watch them and make sure that they aren't going to fly out to sea and dump us! I could make myself up like our friend here and that may allow me to stay close to the pilots. But ...."

He waits to see what Captain Steed says.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 13 2010, 23:35

Steeds eyes widened as she grasped onto whom she was speaking to, but her eyes were drawn to his chest nonetheless! Seeingt he waiter sag with his head in his hands she moved closer to Allard, perfume washing over him and threatening to fill his senses!

"We don't have time to discuss what the other is doing. I was due to get to Austria, but it looks like the plan has changed. I think we can use this situation. Become the waiter. Let's see where this takes us. If they wanted us dead... " she looked around nervously. "They could have planted explosives on the plane. I think they want us alive, so we'll have to choose our next move carefully."

From the cockpit area came a shout "Have you secured the passengers? I have lost contact with you! Ensure they are immobilised!"

Steed glanced at Anyman, eyes narrowing. "Whoever... or whatever is controlling these men clearly has a few problems, though the ranges involved are... staggering! It's up to you! Get up there and convince them we're not a problem and we'll see where this takes us!"

She turned to the 'waiter' and smiled. "Sorry old chap." she said simply, quietly, then clubbed him with a pistol butt! He sagged forwards and she dragged him over to where Anyman had been sat. "We need to put your clothes on him, and vice versa. I'll drape a hat over his head and..." she glanced under the trolley at a shelf. Pulling up two lengths of rope she started to truss the waiter up. "Get up to the cockpit and sound convincing! Otherwise they may decide to crash us into the sea after all!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Dec 14 2010, 20:58

CODENAME ANYMAN

She turned to the 'waiter' and smiled. "Sorry old chap." she said simply, quietly, then clubbed him with a pistol butt! He sagged forwards and she dragged him over to where Anyman had been sat. "We need to put your clothes on him, and vice versa. I'll drape a hat over his head and..." she glanced under the trolley at a shelf. Pulling up two lengths of rope she started to truss the waiter up. "Get up to the cockpit and sound convincing! Otherwise they may decide to crash us into the sea after all

"Be right there," Anyman yells out to the pilot in a good mimic of the waiter's voice. "Just got to finish tying them up."

He quickly strips off his outer clothes and grabs for the waiter's clothes and puts them on. Then then grabs a small mirror from the pocket of his coat and uses it to help him change his features into those of the waiter. He then heads for the front of the plane.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15 2010, 10:03

"You took your time." said the pilot. The co-pilot stared straight ahead, eyes glazed. "They give you any trouble?" At the shake of Anymans head the pilot continued "Good. Our man on the inside told us all we need to know. And with the PSI transmitters in place around Britain our powers will be extended! Soon, we shall plant subconscious suggestions in the mind of every man woman and child in Britain! They will wake up with thoughts of despair and surrender, and be easy to conquer! Now... go back and watch the prisoners. Our agent was not able to relate any details other than that they were headed to Vienna on a mission. He said nothing about the ubermensch the Britishers have though. We must watch the skies for them, if our own are anything to go by!"

Anyman quietly left and went back to Steed, who did her best impression of being tied up. Quietly relating all that had been said, she frowned. "PSI Transmitters? What in the...? If I hadn't already suspended my powers of belief thanks to the things we can do, I would say it was all poppycock! The fact there is a traitor in DICE worries me more though. Unless.. they don't seem to know we two have superhuman powers! Maybe the agent in DICE is a double agent? Ohhh... this could all get confusing, fast! What do we do? Go along with their plan or wrest control of the plane? I have no idea how to land it but flying it should be alright so long as there are no complications!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 15 2010, 13:47

"I think this is more important than our original missions," Anyman says. "If they do have some way of ... of making people lose heart, then the War is lost! We have to find these PSI things and destroy them. Are you good with a parachute? We could have you "overpower" me as we approach wherever we are going and you can bail out to act as the one who destroys these things while I keep their attention on me."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15 2010, 22:17

OOC Only time for 1 update before I go to work so figured I'd do yours David as it's the fastest to do.

The plane buzzed on through the night. Looking out of the window revealed nothing - it was too dark. The Agents used their time productively - grabbing a couple of parachutes and stashing them under seats. In his guise as Waiter Anyman went up front with an offer of drinks, but he was greeted by silence and vacant stares. Even waving a hand in front of the faces of the pilot and co-pilot didn't make them flinch! Looking out of the window it was clear they were over water - the English Channel or perhaps the North Sea. Skirting the coastline of Belgium and Holland, the plane entered German airspace.

Steed, having slept for a short while, woke and looked out the window. "Are we there yet?" she mumbled. Looking slightly dishevelled but still lovely, she frowned. "I don't need to sleep as much as I used to. Is that the change wrought on me by these powers?"

Shaking her head, she looked out the window again then turned to Anyman. "How will we know when we're near the destination?"

The previous 'waiter' looked over from where he was sat. His head had been pounding and the man had laid down with the mother of all migraines, but now looked up "I would guess it would be an airport in Germany, maybe Hamburg or Bremen. No idea what they intend to do with you... us."

Was it time to make their move? Just then, the sound of the aeroplane changed. A glance out of the window revealed... Messerschmits! Two of them, acting as escort! Steed frowned again. "Too far away for me to affect!" she cried, alarmed. "Now what?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 16 2010, 12:30

"We follow them," Anyman said grimly. "And once we get close to the landing field, you jump out, before they get the spotlights on us, so that they have very little chance of seeing you. If that doesn't work, you stay a prisoner. Put our waiter friend into my clothes. He may have to pretend to be Anyman. Good thing we went with the zipper headbandage. Easier to get on and off when speed counts."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 16 2010, 17:41

"But what of you, Lance?" cried Steed, looking out of the window then back at Anyman. "We're in this together, don't go dashing off on some suicidal heroic do or die mission - at least not without me! Remember, soldier... I outrank you!"

For a moment Anyman saw Steeds mask slip, genuine concern in her voice that she'd tried to disguise as nervous humour. Just then, they heard footsteps coming from the cockpit!

Anyman stood, resuming his role as waiter as the co-pilot walked in, glassy eyed. For a moment, he shuddered, and a cruel malevolence shone from his pupils! "I hope you are making yourselves comfortable, Britishers! It is ze last chance you vill hef... for ze rest of your lives!!! Hahahahaha!" the laughter seemed most out of place, and for an instant Steed and Anyman saw something cross the mans face - terror, panic, fear, as if the true co-pilot were a prisoner in his own body!

The presence reasserted itself. "But vat is zis? I see you..." he said, looking at Anyman as the Waiter, but my minds eye cannot 'see' you! What?!? The range of ze transmitters is not yet stable. Ve MUST establish the bases faster! I vill hef a greater power und range ven zey are done! In ze meantime, with a simple touch I can hop into zis mens body..." he started towards Anyman, hand outstretched!

'Let him try!' laughed a voice inside Anymans' head!

The plane started to circle, as if it was nearing an airfield to land!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next