The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

2 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 12 2010, 08:54

Agent Richard King
Codename: Lionheart

OOC Lionheart can make his move. The four remaining gunmen are bolting to deeper woodland. Lionheart catches sight of two of them and a frame movement on each will see him within striking distance...[/quote]

Lionheart took the chance he'd been waiting for. With all the strange goings on, going on it wouldn't surprise him if what the man said was true. But undoubtedly Saladin was a prize too great to steal to then kill. But nonetheless desperate men and desperate times!

Lionheart moved using the cover he could to strike out at the men. If any of them were carrying Saladin, they'd be encumbered. [OOC: 1d20+3+8=28 to hit the first man. And for the second: 1d20+3+8=28 And assume I am doing enough damage to knock them out cold but not to kill. I want these men and their plans desperately.]

Lionheart (assuming this plays out as above) downed too more but his prize was the English man, he seemed to be the leader. This time he'd take no chances, readying a Psi bolt incase he tried to take his own life before he could get to him.

OOC:

Ok pursue to the men Psi bolt if needed 1d20+18=28 v his ego and use only a minimum blast - I don't want to fry his brains or anything. So just a small blast to knock him out.

Right out to work now so will ahve to do Frostbite a bit later

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 20:29

Agent Richard King

THWACK! One Nazi went down. Lionheart sped through the woods, catching a desperate looking Nazi and slamming with an uppercut at the fellow, sending him crashing to the ground, squirming for a moment, then still. The other two continued to sprint through the woods. One was shouting in German!

Suddenly there was a roar of something that sound an awful lot like a jet, and a bright flare of light in the trees!

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 Iglzqe

With a jetpack strapped to his back, a Nazi soldier blasted into the air! Another followed, with one alongside. Both held limp arms of the the man Lionheart knew as Saladin! And they were getting away!

OOC They'd blasted off from a point about 50m away in the trees. You will catch the other two Nazis before then but not in time to stop the three that have already taken off! 2 Nazis left. If you want to KO one with a PSI blast it's no problem, but you may wish to change your action in light of this new information...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 12 2010, 21:58

Agent Richard King

OOC They'd blasted off from a point about 50m away in the trees. You will catch the other two Nazis before then but not in time to stop the three that have already taken off! 2 Nazis left. If you want to KO one with a PSI blast it's no problem, but you may wish to change your action in light of this new information... [/quote]

OOC: ok well there are several things I'd like to try. My imperative it to stop them getting away with Saladin.

Based on what is going on, I will either speed up to top speed 18 meters in a straight line per frame. So that I can throw a psi bolt at one of the men trying to get away with Saladin. If I can do this then I will not take any chances and use 5 points.

Here is the roll for the Psi attack: 1d20+18=36 and damage all HTC: 10d6=40HTC.

If this is no good then I am thinking of ripping up a tree trunk and throwing it at them. I don't want them to get out of range with outa fight. So if you want a roll for that 1d20+8+2=19.

If neither of these two are an option then I will try and find some other way to leap up there and get near them. I am ignoring the other guys now and trying to get the fliers. If the third guy has a back pack then I will go for that and then try the psi attack as rolled.

OK mate over to you depending on what options are available to me.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12 2010, 22:41

Agent Richard King

OOC OK, let's go with this...

Lionheart sprinted to a tree. A trunk as wide as he was presented itself as he prepared to grasp it, then he frowned. Even if he could pull the thing up, which was doubtful, he certainly wouldn't be able to throw it far!

Instead he glanced about, scooped up a fist sized stone and looked at the branches above, at a gap between the trees. There!

Hefting the stone he tossed it with starting accuracy! It clattered from the rocket pack on one of the Nazis holding Saladins limp form and the man cried out as fuel gushed outwards! Suddenly it ignited, and flames spilled outwards in every direction! Lionheart covered his head as debris rained down, then moved to a clearing to see where... Damn! The remaining Rocketeer had grasped Saladin and gained enough altitude to be out of range! Still... he was clearly labouring with the extra weight and the first Rocketeer was a dot in the distance!

"Hold it right there!" shouted a voice behind him, from only feet away!

He heard the click of two rifles cocking and the voice spoke again. "Down on the floor, face down, if you want to live!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 13 2010, 07:26

Agent Richard King

Lionheart was mad, frustrated and angrier than he'd ever been. The frustration he'd felt at Saladin's sudden disappearance, had led him to believe that he'd been played! But now he saw that the man had been snatched through no fault of his own and it had been Lionheart's fault.

Had he not trusted these men, there would not have been any clue to his whereabouts. As the fleeting speck that was Saladin got away, Lionheart wondered if the Air force could be use to track the man....

"Hold it right there!" shouted a voice behind him, from only feet away!

He heard the click of two rifles cocking and the voice spoke again. "Down on the floor, face down, if you want to live!"

Faster than these men could follow, or at least that is what he hoped, Lionheart speed around and attacked. He assumed he was facing further Nazi collaborators. He rounded on the men preparing to to react swifter than the eye could follow, so that he might yet redeem the mess he was in.

OOC:
1. Ok I know I am cross, but these men might be British, so I want to pull my punches. You've not indicated initiative or anything so I am going narratively here.
2. I will round on the men and depending on who goes first elect to dodge and attack or just attack with martial arts.
3. If there guys are enemies I will try and take them out, swiftly if not I will not stick around unless they have some means for me to follow the fleeing speck. If not I will round up the other spies and bring them to a safe spot in the woods to use my Psi power to try and get some more information.

My aim is to find out what I can. Since security has been compromised I don't want to see these men brought back to Bletchly 'disappear' as did Saladin. Whatever the British want to do my aim, will now be to get him back. He is simple too dangerous to be left in Nazi hands.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 14 2010, 00:06

Agent Richard King

Lionheart spun, dropped low and swept a leg out. He caught one Nazi on the shin whilst the other discharged his weapon and blew chunks from the tree Lionheart had been stood in front of! Slamming a fist into the downed man, Lionheart was reasonably sure he'd only stunned him. The other pointed his gun at Lionhearts face and... *click* cursed, fumbling for a pistol. He never got the chance! An uppercut followed by a backhand saw him crash into the bushes!

Lionheart turned to the first man, who drunkenly reached for a rifle that was kicked away. Grabbing the man up, Agent King (Lionheart) pinned him to a tree about a foot off the floor! "Talk!" he spat, anger written across his face!. The german chuckled. "You think you have won? We are superbly trained! Fool! The powers ranged against you are legion! We were told the Tommies had their own ... 'ubermensch' and you are impressive, but we have armies of them! And something else!" With that he bit down, hard! Lionheart grasped the mans' jaw, but he was already foaming at the mouth, and his eyes rolling! Cursing, Lionheart dropped the dead man. The poison had been fast acting and lethal, probably some kind of false tooth! He sped over to the others, each one he'd downed... and found all had foaming mouths! The reflex action of a bit must have ensured their silence!

Then he looked up - someone was moving in the trees ahead!

Speeding through the woods Lionheart came across a small clearing... where the Peeler and his parked car were! He looked up, pistol in hand then lowered it with a sigh of relief when he saw who it was. "Here!" he said, waving Lionheart over. "Look at this!" There were half a dozen jetpacks in the clearing, and nestled amongst them, a bomb, some kind of timed booby trap with only seconds remaining before it went off! The Peeler licked suddenly dry lips, wondering which wire to pull to disarm the thing... until Lionheart snatched it up and tossed it with all his superhuman might! A few seconds later it exploded, and the pair shielded their faces from the blast!

Breathing a sigh of relief, the Peeler stood. "Rocket packs. Unbelievable. I've seen the theory, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine they would be so small, compact and light! We must get these back to the labs for study, and you! You're coming with me!"

Lionheart glanced at the rocket packs, then up in the sky. He could see a faint smoke trail disappearing into the distance...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 14 2010, 07:39

[quote="Admin"]Agent Richard King

Breathing a sigh of relief, the Peeler stood. "Rocket packs. Unbelievable...We must get these back to the labs for study, and you! You're coming with me!"

Lionheart glanced at the rocket packs, then up in the sky. He could see a faint smoke trail disappearing into the distance...

Quickly, picking one up he strapped it onto his back. After all how difficult could this crude 20th century tec be? Just for good measure he picked a second all the time talking to the Peeler to give him orders.

"Right I am going after Saladin, its critical they don't get any way to clone or duplicate his powers. With only one rocket man he's already moving slower than I can. But I want you to deploy the airforce and follow my trail. This man is heading somewhere safe, so get the army out to.

We are breached, Agent. These were Nazi spies who knew where we were and what we were up to and they've already got the jump on us! Check these men also, look for clues, one of them sounded English, the rest German....And get to it man, quickly, who knows if our other operations and the rest of the team are in danger. If they know about us, they may know more than we realise!"

With that Lionheart leapt forward jumped into the air and activated the rock pack following the distant trail, whilst holding the other spare pack by its straps. He speed forward, hoping that he not only could catch the fleeing villain, he might yet be able to prevent the Nazi's for benefitting from this bold move.

OOC:
1. Ok as I get closer the rocket pack with me is either to boast my speed, by activating it and hold on as a second boaster. Or if I catch up quickly and don't need it to place on Saladin to keep him from falling.

2. I will have a Psi bolt primed and ready to go to take the man out. I don't want him to suicide me killing Saladin in the process. Psi bolt roll: 1d20+18=35 and I will use 3 Psi points 6d6=22HTC

And wow, could this be any more exciting!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15 2010, 06:10

Agent Richard King

Lionheart quickly pulled on a leather flying jacket, ignoring the exasperated groans of the agent. The Peeler could have pressed the issue, but he needed to get these items - rocket packs, the helmets that went with them, and the Nazi spies - back to Headquarters. "You'd better be careful King!" he growled. "I'm taking a big risk by letting you go after them! It could be both our necks on the chopping block!"

"Help me with this!" said King, fumbling with the straps for the rocket pack. With a sigh the Peeler frowned, then helped get the pack in place. "Never had any idea the Nazis were this smart. The technology inside this thing must be amazing! How they got it so small..." He reached down, and slapped the helmet on Lionhearts head. "There seems to be a fin on it of some kind. Presumably used for steering. I can't see any other. No, wait. Here." he handed a pair of leather gloves to Lionheart, complete with a small wire and plug from each that attached to the side of the rocket via a jack plug. There was enough movement for Lionheart to move his arms around, and he noticed on the gloves themselves were a small red button set halfway down the side of the forefinger.

"I suppose you press those. There are two outlets on this thing. Press one, and one side fires. Press both..." the Peeler shrugged. "Best way is to try it I suppose."

Lionheart stepped back, nodded, then bellowed, with a metallic echo to his voice. "Best stand clear! I don't know what this..."

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 257lw88

He was drowned out by a flash and roar of a rocketpack and leaves were kicked up as Lionheart left the floor, stomach seemingly falling behind!

Dumped on his backside, the Peeler looked up, and in a most un-British way, punched the air and exclaimed "Got get them, kid!" before coughing and wiping the back of his hand across his face, and frowning, as soot came away on it.

=========

In the air...

Lionheart glanced down. The floor was disappearing fast! With his superhuman agility he found the rocket pack to be easy to control. Someone else would have had to be a natural - and experienced - pilot and lucky. This thing was a handful! With something approaching near respect for the Nazis who'd used this flying bomb he looked about in the sky. There! So far ahead! He levelled his flight, then glanced up. Best to attack from above! But they were so far away!

He fumbled behind him. Yes! He'd thought he'd seen a dial of some kind. Maybe some kind of fuel modulation? He turned it... The Rocket Pack started spluttering, misfiring! Turning it right the other way, suddenly it popped and bang into violent, noisy life! Mashing down on the buttons he screamed in exhilaration! The world shot by!

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 2mqvygi

The ground thundered far below as Lionheart sped up... up... The clouds parted as he sliced through them, into the wild blue yonder of perpetual daylight above the cotton wool landscape. The sun shone weakly as it set in the distance, casting an orange glow over the clouds. It was all so... He came back to reality. He needed to catch the Nazis! Realising that the fuel control would give him a terrific boost in speed but use fuel at an alarming rate, he adjusted it. The rate of flight seemed much lower from this high up, but a glance through gaps in the clouds revealed he was catching the pair of Nazis! They seemed to be heading for a very large cloud bank, slowly climbing, the second one straining with the weight of the limp form of Saladin! From his vantage point he saw something else... something menacing! A Zeppellin! The thing had large tanks underneath spewing out white steam, water vapour like clouds, intended to disguise its presence! Of course! The British would develop radar - enough to spot this thing - but not one effective this far inland when they expected attacks to come from the coast!

Lionheart had a choice to make - head for the Nazi agents, trying to head them off, for the Zepellin, somehow to get aboard and stop their plan, or follow the thing, and hope his fuel held out! Or... perhaps get back to Command and alert them, so they could scramble fighters and take this thing down - but a fireball over a populated area... Lionheart cringed at the thought!

=========

Back at the clearing...

The Peeler loaded the last of the Rocket packs into the trunk of the car, scooping up jackets and helmets before turning to dump them in too. Then he paused, looking about, having heard something...

Frowning, he tried to feel about for his gun, then remembered it was on the car seat. his hands now full with jackets and gloves. He turned... and gasped!

"No! But... you're... you're dead! Get back! Stay away! No! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

His cries were silenced as recently dead hands closed around his throat and pressed with superhuman strength!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 15 2010, 07:17

Agent Richard King

Lionheart had a choice to make - head for the Nazi agents, trying to head them off, for the Zepellin, somehow to get aboard and stop their plan, or follow the thing, and hope his fuel held out! Or... perhaps get back to Command and alert them...?

Whatever he did no choice seemed that straight forward. But suddenly the stakes were much higher than just getting Saladin back.

Getting aboard the ship, wasn't going to be any easier, but more importantly where there would be so many troops ready to dice and splice both men from the far future...He shuddered. His failure had much greater repercussions, than just the loss of his life.

But that Germany showed such contempt for the allies, by invading their air space and sending their men to capture Saladin and steal from British soil, somehow affronted him. As badly as he wanted Saladin back, he knew his duty.

He quickly changed course to intercept the Zeppelin.

OOC:

Ok real dilemma here (as least as I see it as I am by nature a more cautious person), but I really didn't expect the stakes to get raised higher? But then I didn't think it would be very heroic to just go for Saladin either, so I'm taking the chance that being a hero means being bold, very bold! Taking on a Zeppelin with little chance of succeeding, seems just the right dose of flamboyance, heroism and courage/stupidity that suits Lionheart even if its not me! I hope I just don't regret this down the track.

I'm saying all this because it could appear from the other side of things I'm being arrogant, gung ho and stupid...all of which might be true, but that's not my motivation even if these things might be true.

So I will try and find an access point and gain entry - presumably where these guys are hoping to coming in. I'm obviously going to try stealth, until at least the RAF gets here (as far as I know that is what has happened) find out what I can and get Saladin before blowing this thing to kingdom come as I imagine it will soon return to Germany and over unpopulated areas.

Boy oh boy Paul you can certainly turn up the heat. Oh for the days when we were chasing down armed assassins and stopping bank raids ;-)

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 16 2010, 17:00

Agent Richard King

OOC With regards where the story is going - I have a vague idea but like to keep things fluid - what you do, or don't do, decides what happens next, which is about the only real plan I stick to. Whilst you were pondering what it was Saladin had done, or been up to, by 'absconding' I had a 'hey, what if this...?' moment. So we'll see where it goes Smile

The roar of the rocket pack died down as Lionheart eased back on the pressure he placed on the two buttons. By modulating them, he could gain some semblance of agility, but compared to his normal 'impossible to hit' moves he felt rather vulnerable, and rued the loss of his 'flash' unit which would have uploaded the skill of pilot, and therefore increased his skill with the rocket pack tenfold!

Even so, he sped up to the gondola and noted the mounted guns, soldiers tracking the skies and seeing him. He glanced down at the same clothes the Nazis were wearing. Could he pull this off? Or perhaps there was another way? The other two - with Saladin - had disappeared into a hatch in the belly of the gondola under the Zeppelin. Lionheart released both thumb controls momentarily as if a gust of wind had caught him - quite likely at this altitude anyway - and saw something else of interest. On the top of the Zeppelin, some kind of access hatch! Racking his brains for what he knew about these leviathans of the air, he recalled that after the 1st World War Zeppelins had enjoyed a golden era until 1937 - with the demise of the Hindenburg. Of course! These things were essentially floating Hydrogen bombs! The Gondola had looked odd though. Folded wings on the sides, plenty of weapons, a streamlined shape similar in size to an aeroplane. Some kind of self propelled vehicle? What then would that mean for the balloon section?

Regaining control, Lionheart knew those on board would be asking questions about his flying competence! He need to make a decision. The Gondola, and close scrutiny by the Nazis, or try the access hatch on the top of that vast balloon!

OOC I know you're lightning fast with replies Dave, but if you can bear with me mate I'd appreciate it - unfortunately PBP pacing tends to suffer at xmas time, but I'll stick with my goal of 'one good update' a day, and maybe two if time permits.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 16 2010, 18:59

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC I know you're lightning fast with replies Dave, but if you can bear with me mate I'd appreciate it - unfortunately PBP pacing tends to suffer at xmas time, but I'll stick with my goal of 'one good update' a day, and maybe two if time permits.

No worries mate, after Christmas I am going to be away for a few days, but I expect to be able to be in touch still. But just as and when, don't feel under pressure from me Wink

Regaining control, Lionheart knew those on board would be asking questions about his flying competence! He need to make a decision. The Gondola, and close scrutiny by the Nazis, or try the access hatch on the top of that vast balloon!

He decided that it was going to be harder to get the job done if he entered in from below. There would be obvious questions asked, but that would be superseded but the sudden realisation that he wasn't who they were expecting.

Getting to the hatch, he opened it up, forcing the lock effortlessly with his Psi strength. He knew that he had to get in and create as many diversions as possible so that he could quickly get to Saladin and get out. As an aside if he could make the air force aware of the ship, then there might be a chance to alert the ground to the presence of this great behemoth.

OOC:

Ok mate get in and start to create diversions get warning signs going and get people aware that there was a problem. But I don't want to endanger life below and have this thing full out of the sky.

But I'm not taking prisoners I'm going to move quickly get Saladin and find out what I can whilst I am here. But I doubt my presence up top will have gone unnoticed.

Ok that will have to do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 17 2010, 21:27

Agent Richard King

Lionheart ignited the rocket pack, a flare of flame blasting behind him as he sped up...up... and round. With his legs dangling in the air and pedalling he modified the fuel flow and came in as gently as possible, cutting fuel completely when he got to the last 5m (the thought of the rocket pack igniting the Zep gave him the shivers!) Looking up and down the length of the thing, he noticed a gun turret on the nose cone and one on the tail part, both manned. Seemed an awfully big craft to be so relatively vulnerable though...

With a terrific shriek of twisted metal the hatch gave way! Lionheart thrust his head in, looked about. It sure was BIG in here! A metal framework gave the Zep shape and there were enormous gas 'bladders' filled with hydrogen. Speaking of which... At the base of the Zep above where the Gondola would hang on the outside, a large glass tank, a couple of feet deep by twenty feet or so square, was securely attached to several girders. It bubbled as if boiling, and the steam vented through the long hoses that fed off it to create the cloud cover outside! He frowned. Smaller pipes led into another bladder, which in turn fed the other bladders throughout this thing. Was it creating its own hydrogen somehow?

Climbing in, and down a metal runged ladder onto a walkway, Lionheart looked about. There were about a dozen levels, 10-20 feet between each, and walkways running the length of the vast craft. The Gondola was where they'd taken Saladin, so he figured he'd head down there, when he heard a clanking sound...

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 9abwc0

Coming down from one direction of the walkway he was standing on, and one from the other!

They walked stiffly but at normal human speed. As they got closer Lionheart was sure there were no mere automatons, but grafted alloy onto flesh - cyborgs! He looked up at the twisted hatch and then about on the walls. He'd tripped an alarm! And now the guards were coming to repel the intruder!

OOC you have maybe a round or so before combat ensues... This is a big space inside here. The walkway below is 20 feet down. No probs for someone like LH. Across the craft, it's something like 100' away, more than he can leap. Or fighting is an option Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 17 2010, 21:28

OOC Hmmm. In case you were wondering, they stand around 7' tall, bulky enough to suggest they weigh a few hundred pounds and pack a reasonable punch!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Dec 18 2010, 10:32

Agent Richard King

Lionheart looked back to where the tubes were feeding gas to cover the Zeppelin outside and speed over to them full intent on sabotage.

OOC:
1. OK I want to rip the pipes out so the gas going outside will now feed into the Zeppelin area.
2. With the gas moving around I want to use this to either slip past the soldiers or take them on by trying to push them over the walk way so they fall below.
3. Otherwise I will try and make sure I keep out of their way, and dodge were appropriate.
4. I will retain the jet pack I had before, the spare one I will stow up here, might come in handy for explosives if I get back.
5. my chief aim is to go below asap and try and locate Saladin as well as finding out what I can about what this all means, and what the Nazi's are doing. From my knowledge of WW2 this is moving at a horrifying pace, Britain is just so not prepared for this.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 19 2010, 23:55

Agent Richard King

As the robots closed in Lionheart glanced about. These things seemed serious! Suddenly metal tentacles, like segmented cables, shot from the robots arms! With lighting fast reactions the agent from the future grasped the handrail, vaulting over it and using his momentum to somersault to the next level down. A cable shot out as he stepped to the side, punching a hole in the walkway! Another lashed out, crashing through the metal as if it were paper as he calmly looked around whilst nonchalantly avoiding the powerful tentacles with barely a thought. The tentacles retracted and punched outwards again. Lionheart was gone though, having leapt out across the Zepellin and grasping onto the tentacle, spinning around it and launching himself across the gap to the opposite walkway! "Thanks for the boost!" he quipped, then moved to the large pipes pumping steam out around the Zeps exterior! With his arms wrapped around the pipes girth and wrenching with superhuman strength! Suddenly warm steam belched into the interior of the aircraft!

==========

Minutes later...

Obscured by steam Lionheart moved through the mist towards the base of the balloon and the gondola below it! Looking through a maintenance hatch he saw the large gondola below. Leaning out, and dangling from his legs, he peered out as much as he could to glance into the Gondola, and hopefully see Saladin! Though his vision was mostly obscured by the mist surrounding the Zepellin he managed to get occasional glimpses inside.

He saw a face he never thought he would ever see again!

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 2h693bd

PSI Corps Seneschal Damon Trowers! Head of the first PSI Corps project before it was superseded by the one that had seen the birth and accelerated growth of Lionheart and thousands of others like him! What in the...?

Lionheart was shocked! How had...? Why...? What in the ...? His keen mind pieced together the circumstances of his own travel back through time! Saladin had gone rogue, committing murder and sewing the seeds of Anarchy! He'd planted explosives to prevent anyone else going into the past, and set off an explosion that would have - probably, for Lionheart wasn't sure - killed millions! Lionheart had been sent back to stop Saladin...

So why was the Seneschal here, now? The man had been a hero, seeing the flaws in the first PSI Corps program that had stopped the majority of the 1st Generation going rogue before they could commit widescale murder and devastation! He was a hero! The fact that he had been responsible for the deaths of the entire - well, almost entire - 1st Gen PSI Corps was considered regrettable but a necessary act! Why had he gone back to the past unless... unless...

The clank of metal footsteps on the walkway behind him told him he didn't have time to piece together the mystery - the robots were on him!

And not just robots! Nazi troopers bearing strange hand guns were on the walkway, only metres from the hatch Lionheart had been dangling from! Two robots, half a dozen Nazi soldiers. Could he battle them off and find out the truth of what had happened that had seen Seneschal go back in time and... and... this was near unbelievable... Saladin had gone back in time to stop him?!?!?

"HANDS UP!" bellowed a Nazi. The robots closed in!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 20 2010, 08:04

Agent Richard King

Could he battle them off and find out the truth of what had happened that had seen Seneschal go back in time and... and... this was near unbelievable... Saladin had gone back in time to stop him?!?!?

"HANDS UP!" bellowed a Nazi. The robots closed in!

OOC: Wow you certainly know how to pull the rug from under a guys feet, never saw this coming!
OK before I go ahead and declare my moves I need some more information about where we are, possible exists, where people are positioned, what are my options etc.

I am not keen to stick around fighting these guys, but more hit and run. Obviously I now have two targets to consider, but if I get caught with the Seneschal here, with his power that of 1st Gen Psi, I'd be totally outmatched.

So its try and stay one step ahead, not get bogged down and try and distract to keep everyone else's attention focused on the ship not just me. Unless I can fake in some way my demise so that I can continue about the ship surreptitiously. So with that in mind let me know what I'm up against, surrounds, I don't need a map per see, just an idea of what I can and can't do or what around me I might use to stop these guys worrying about me. Like a rip in the balloon or something.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 20 2010, 22:54

OOC I need to rustle up a map for you. Running a bit behind tonight as I went to see Tron:Legacy tonight. Waste of time really, glad I didn't pay extra for the '3D' as I'd have left with a headache and eyes streaming and a couple of quid lighter for a film best described as average. Anyway, first thing I do when I get home after my shift tomorrow, but that's an 11 + hour all day job so around 21.20 tomorrow look in for a reply for LH.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 21 2010, 08:20

Admin wrote:OOC I need to rustle up a map for you. Running a bit behind tonight as I went to see Tron:Legacy tonight. Waste of time really, glad I didn't pay extra for the '3D' as I'd have left with a headache and eyes streaming and a couple of quid lighter for a film best described as average. Anyway, first thing I do when I get home after my shift tomorrow, but that's an 11 + hour all day job so around 21.20 tomorrow look in for a reply for LH.

No worries mate, sorry to hear about the movie, except now I know I won't bother to go myself either. I'll wait for the DVD.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 21 2010, 22:18

Agent Richard King

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 10h4lrq

OOC I imagine this will come out looking like a mess. It started out as one so the process of uploading it should make it even more so! The dashed box inside the Zeppelin shape is the Gondola hanging underneath. Where Lionheart is there is an access hatch only feet below, allowing him to hang upside down from the metal walkway to look out of the hatch and onto the roof of the Gondola, and with careful manoeuvring, through the side windows. The thick black lines are support spars of metal, running the length of the Zep on the roof and floor, and on the sides. Various support spars inside jut out from that to thrust to the walls, where thinner metal spars help hold the Zep in shape and attach the hydrogen balloons to. Pictured as a light blue square above the Gondola and sat on the support spars in the middle is a glass tank bubbling away with pipes going off to feed the gas balloons (not pictured) attached to the walls of the zep, especially those in the blue areas fore and aft. Providing this thing has a supply of water (and riding in the clouds or rainwater will do that) Lionheart figures it could stay aloft indefinitely. Of course, it's still vulnerable to enemy fighters but the Nazis know a way round that. The robots and Nazis are closing in. At a pinch Lionheart could drop through the access hatch onto the slightly curved roof of the Gondola but it will be slippy and wet!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 22 2010, 07:29

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
The robots and Nazis are closing in. At a pinch Lionheart could drop through the access hatch onto the slightly curved roof of the Gondola but it will be slippy and wet!

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 3 Zeppelinescapeplan

OOC:
Ok I have amended your image to make what I am planning a little easier.

Plan A is to simply use my agility to weave in and out of the bars and jump, climb and run across the ships infrastructure toward the area on the opposite side trying to find a similar hatch to escape through.

Plan B is in case a straight flight across is impossible and means going around in some way.

Plan C is where neither of the above are possible or - if I saw what Lionheart could see I'd know these were not a good idea and therefore, as undesirable as plan c is, I'd have to drop down and try and get in to the Gondola that way.

In plan A &B I invite the creatures to fire at me, I don't mind if they wreck their ship, I imagine it won't fall that easily. But clearly what I've in mind is trying to stay one step ahead and start to create diversionary tactics, as I did on the U- boat so I can get on with what I am really here for, i.e. trying to locate Saladin and find out what Damon Trowers is really doing here.

OK over to you.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 24 2010, 00:02

Agent Richard King

With a grin Lionheart flips to his feet and turns to face the oncoming hordes! To the left, to the right! (OOC Errol Flynn or perhaps Burt Lancaster Crimson Pirate style I expect...). With a simple hop he's over the hand rail on the walkway, lands lightly on the glass tank where the throbbing liquid underneath shudders and pulses, before spewing out fuel and steam. Glancing back he sees the soldiers take aim! The Robots, slower, move to the point where Lionheart was and level their arms out. A soldier fires a stray shot, and Lionheart watches it lance some metres to his right, into the bubbling tank!

Suddenly the German soldiers are shouting at each other, grabbing weapons and pointing them down, and arguing about the dangers of firing into a tank of Hydrogen! Lionheart grins, runs across the glass tank, around the tubes feeding form the top and vaults up, grabbing the opposite walkway. The Robots extend their arms, metallic tentacles sprouting from the sockets, though they fall some way short and flop uselessly before being reeled back in.

The Soldiers shout at one another, running back along the walkway and crossing to the other side...

To find the intruder has gone!

=========

Inside the Gondola...

"You came all this way to stop me? I'm flattered!" said Trowers, walking about the battered form of Saladin. "What happened to you anyway? These primitive weapons should have proven no match for you, unless you are losing your touch! As to how I found you..." he laughed, tapping the side of his head. "The Mark one PSI Corps were partially my idea. You could say, I am your father!"

With hands held loosely behind his back, he looked out of the windows where the clouds gathered around the Zeppellin. "But I am just one piece of a larger jigsaw. A group of us saw an opportunity to gather certain individuals from history, and remake it in our own way. Your beloved Ismat - oh how I laughed at the codenames you fools had chosen - discovered the plot and opened her mouth. Obviously, when we killed her we needed a 'fall guy' whilst our plans were still just that, and you, as the foremost and most decorated PSI Corps officer, were just what we needed. You have a streak of mean in you Saladin. That's a sliver of me, amongst others, that gives it. Oh, no need to thank me. You will serve your purpose admirably. You see, we prepared for everything, including the fact that you would find your way through time in case our primary subjects didn't provide the genetic materials we required. We sent another after you. The ironically named Richard King, or Lionheart."

Saladin, having been beaten to a pulp again, looked through his one good eye and spoke through a mouth bubbling with blood. "Underestimate him at your peril!" he hissed. "You sent him back because you needed genetic material? He will know that! There is no way he would come here, and deliver himself to you?"

An officer ran up to Trowers, speaking in German as the two heavies holding Saladin up let him drop to the ground then pummelled him some more with lead shot filled coshes. With a wave from Trowers they stopped and hoisted the blood covered man up. "It seems he's not so smart. By all indications.. he's here..." shrugged Trowers, hands held out and glancing around.

Saladin snarled, but lacked the strength to attack Trowers. Then he gaped.

He saw the top of Lionhearts head peering in whilst hanging upside down from the roof of the Gondola!

Lionheart pulled himself away. Saladin was more than smart enough to concoct a ruse to fool him! All of this could be for sure to trap him somehow! His instincts burned inside - kill Saladin! Frowning, he wondered why. He almost seemed to hear an authoritative voice shout "Obey your orders Agent King! Kill Saladin for what he has done!"

Suddenly, Lionheart heard the click of a hatch open on the roof of the Gondola, and though he didn't see anyone emerge as it rose, he heard a shout - Trowers - "OH LIONHEART? YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED IN HERE. NOW. THAT IS AN ORDER!"

Lionheart jerked as if struck, but something had changed inside him. He felt like he was compelled to go where the voice of Trowers commanded, but had full control of his body and his mind? Why was that? Clearly Trowers expected to have power over him. He knew in moments that there would be enemies spilling out onto the roof of the mist wreathed Gondola. What would Lionhearts next move be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 24 2010, 08:10

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
Lionheart jerked as if struck, but something had changed inside him. He felt like he was compelled to go where the voice of Trowers commanded, but had full control of his body and his mind? Why was that? Clearly Trowers expected to have power over him. He knew in moments that there would be enemies spilling out onto the roof of the mist wreathed Gondola. What would Lionhearts next move be?

OOC:

Ok Paul first a couple of questions - how much of the conversation that has just gone on could I deduce/discern or have heard. I know you let me read it as a player, but what I want to know is how much I could reasonably know that Lionheart is in big trouble if he goes into the hatch?

See I've got to ideas in mind and I want to run them by you as I don't know what to do?

On the one hand I would rather jump off the gondola than give myself to Trowers , who is clearly here for nefarious reasons and also confirming my suspicions that Saladin alerted me to back on the U-Boat when he talked about conspiracies and genetic time bombs and my masters not being different from the Nazi's etc. Together with what I see in front of me (both Trowers being here - clearly they've lied about being able to get back in time, and the state of Saladin) only adds credence to the fact Saladin isn't the enemy I'd taken him to be.

So I see three options:

1) I jump ship, literally so Trowers can't get me or my genetic material (I've still got the rocket pack on after all!) But that hardly smacks of being heroic!

2) yet option two seems suicidal to obey Trowers' orders and try and play along means I'm really in the 'lions den' with no back up, no support, little chance of defeating Trowers and him holding all the cards?

3) sabotage the ship, yes it will cause all onboard to be killed (save the Psi Cops I imagine) but it would blow things wide open (no pun intended). I guess I feel I need to know what my options are?

I'm leaning toward Option 3, there is no room for subtlety, I don't want to abandon Saladin and I don't want to give in without a fight. So either I go up and psi blast/punch the tank upstairs, or a knock out the supports for the gondola so it falls from the Balloon, or if there is another more effective means to take action I'm missing that I can take instead.

BTW take a look at the OOC thread.

Lionheart considered his options and none of them seemed good. Looking about his mind raced for an alternative, that didn't involve being killed, letting Trowers get him or falling from the gondola or any of the above.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 24 2010, 21:06

OOC Lionheart doesn't have superhuman senses, but he is sharp, being a trained police officer from the future and bred to be genetically superior. With that in mind, he heard everything. He had his head near the window and this thing isn't loud - that would alert the British and make the fact that it's floating in a cloud of its own making rather useless. As for your options - well, that's up to you. Trowers is clearly after something. He knows you are back in time, and close. He has Saladin. What could he want from the pair of you that he doesn't already have? Your instincts are right about a straight up fight. At the moment. More than that, I cannot say... Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 24 2010, 22:39

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart doesn't have superhuman senses, but he is sharp, being a trained police officer from the future and bred to be genetically superior. With that in mind, he heard everything. He had his head near the window and this thing isn't loud - that would alert the British and make the fact that it's floating in a cloud of its own making rather useless. As for your options - well, that's up to you. Trowers is clearly after something. He knows you are back in time, and close. He has Saladin. What could he want from the pair of you that he doesn't already have? Your instincts are right about a straight up fight. At the moment. More than that, I cannot say... Smile

Ok thanks for that.

Lionheart looked around, it was time to do something drastic. He hadn't come onboard with a whole plan, but now Trowers was here as well as these guys who'd travelled back to help Hitler. Who knew what they had in mind. Not only was the plot thickening, it was already as dense and dark as molasses. There was a darkness that seemed to be playing off these events in ways that he couldn't fathom, but more importantly their seemed larger forces at every point in time, his own, the Vanguards and now here, pressing to get in.

Running over the roof, he headed back to the original hatch, guessing that the guards would have followed him to the second exit he'd just left. [OOC: assuming no one stops him...if not you'll have to have me dodge, or fight them] Lionheart got back into the main area, and headed for the Hydrogen tank. Sadly he didn't have a grenade, but he figured he if started hitting things pretty soon the whole ship was going to start to loose power, altitude and perhaps go up in flames. Though given the tec no being involved he couldn't imagine it was as vulnerable as the original historic versions.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 27 2010, 21:27

Agent Richard King

Lionheart sped across the roof of the gondola, footfalls near inaudible until he got to the hatch.

Climbing up, and looking about, he heard the echoed cries of those searching for the elusive intruder. With a grin he shimmied into the body of the balloon and hopped from each support girder to the next to the massive bubbling tank of water, and all the electrodes, wires and incredibly hot water therein. Climbing atop the tank, he looked about. There were numerous pipes and fixtures coming off it, each transporting highly volatile hydrogen! He rubbed his chin. Sabotaging the ship was one thing. One false move, and he, along with everyone on this thing, would go up in a massive explosion!

=========

Moments ago, on the Gondola...

Trowers grinned at Saladin, then turned to bark orders in flawless German. Turning back, he was about to speak when he glanced up... and a smile crossed his face! "Sounds like there's a mouse in the house..." he whispered.

Saladin looked through half closed, beaten shut eyes. "You won't beat him. He is flippant, unfocussed and annoying, but he is a winner. He is... in many ways..." he grunted, the pain of shifting ribs under his skin giving him pause "...the best of us. You wiped out my people, cast us aside. You are the ... worst..." he grunted. Trowers smiled again, then backhanded Saladin unconscious! Turning to the others on the Gondola, he barked orders, then grinned, looking out of the window.

=========

It was going too well...

He figured, looking up on the various walkways and gantries in the Zeppelin. Having traced a few wires and pipes, he'd decided on which ones he could safely pull without causing an instant explosion. The pipes hissed and sealed, and he pressed thumbs into the thick rubber, causing a hiss! as hydrogen started to escape into the open volume of the zepellin itself. Then he glanced up, just in the nick of time! A metal hand on the end of an elongated coiled cable shot past him as he tipped backwards, and slammed into the thick glass, spiderwebbing it! The enormous pressures within extended the cracks, and the whole thing started to shake!

The glass was thick however, and held - for the now - would Lionheart continue to sabotage the Zeppelins hydrogen system until he was sure to set in motion a chain of events that would see it's destruction, or had he done enough?

Just then there was a shudder throughout the whole vehicle! The Nazis soldiers trained their sights on the fugitive stood on the gas tank. Their new orders - capture or kill him!

OOC There are 20 Nazi soldiers now on various walkways to the left and right of Lionheart as he stands in the middle on the Hydrogen tank. Two robots are making their way towards him via walkways and will be on him in a couple of rounds, game time. To ensure the hydrogen in this tank will leak and explode, Lionheart needs to use 2 actions in the next 3 rounds to pull the pipes and fittings free. That's a lot of attacks to dodge in that time... Initiative Lionheart 9, Nazis 7. 1 frame to our hero... In his favour the soldiers will be firing at range, and the robots will be moving, for the most part.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next