The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

2 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Admin Sun Jan 09 2011, 21:43

Agent Richard King
Codename: Lionheart

The young lad in the cloak and hood looked himself up and down. "I am James Caldwell..." he whispered. "Wraith. We're... where the hell are we? Is this... 1939?"

Lionheart was relieved to get his friend back, but the animal/men around him were coming for him! The P'utinarians leveled guns and started shooting!

OOC Your intentions with regards incoming attacks... dodge? Bear in mind Beth is in the line of fire, as is young Caldwell.

The scientist laughed maniacally, shouting "DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!" His eyes were wild, a gleam that suggested sanity had checked out and was waiting outside for a cab...

The young lad looked about "Crap. Ok."

He vanished!

Beth called "Hey! Where did the boy go? Do you know him? What is going on!"

And then... the shooting started, and the snarling, ripping and tearing...

OOC Initiative 7 LH, 10, everyone else. HOWEVER, before I sort out their two frames Lionheart can press the big red button on the box he's holding. He is, after all, ultra fast and the thing is right there, in his hand, whereas everyone else has a trigger to pull or couple of metres to close in before they can nab him. Wraith/Nowhere Man/Little boy is not in sight.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Lionheart Issue #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: World War II - Lionheart Issue #1

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 09 2011, 22:28

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
And then... the shooting started, and the snarling, ripping and tearing...
OOC Initiative 7 LH, 10, everyone else. HOWEVER, before I sort out their two frames Lionheart can press the big red button on the box he's holding. He is, after all, ultra fast and the thing is right there, in his hand, whereas everyone else has a trigger to pull or couple of metres to close in before they can nab him. Wraith/Nowhere Man/Little boy is not in sight.

"Oh..."Lionheart was ready to let off a few choice expletives but held his tongue. He tried to work out what this would all mean. If the scientist, mad or not wanted to press the red button, it wouldn't be to harm the ship, as this contained all his work. Rather it must do something else!

"My oh my, a big red button, what happens if a press this!" Lionheart had to take a chance. Things were going south quickly he felt he had little to loose.

"Go limp, trust me!" He shouted as he shot over and to scoop Beth up into his arms. So that he could try and move and keep her protected as best as he could.

OOC:

Ok two frames to scoop up Beth and try and get out of here. Shame I can't get any more from the place, but I guess its time to try and get off.

Assuming the layout is the same as ever other ship of this kind I've been on, I hopefully have a good understanding of its layout and should be able to work out where, roughly I am.

Right now I am intent on dodging and getting to the lift, as there is no other way to the rest of the ship. But intent on dodging and blasting if and where necessary, having pressed the button! Oh boy wonder what that is going to do!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 11 2011, 00:42

Agent Richard King

As Lionheart pressed the button, his superhuman reactions instantly saw something happen... The Scientist cackled "Ah... ze old double bluff..." then he clutched his guts, doubling over!

The Animal/Men hybrids thrust their heads back in pain and anger! Whereas the light of intelligence had shone in their eyes before, now only pure bestial fury, and a need to taste blood, consumed their minds! Even the exotic looking seal/woman cried out, and when she looked up her eyes were filled with bloodlust!

"What... what have you done?" asked a P'utinarian. "Not on the ship!"

Lionheart glanced about, Beth in his arms. She couldn't speak, mouth covered by her arm and eyes wide in terror!

=========

In the Zoo below...And further afield, the streets of London

Animals cried out. Normal creatures to look at, save for the metallic implant at the base of their neck! The Scientist and his friends had been busy! Most of the animals woke from a drug induced slumber with a fearsome roar, then started to change. Limbs stretched, bodies expanded, as they became a hybrid of the creature they'd been mixed with! Over the last few nights, people had been disappearing, but with a war going on and worried people looking to the skies, no one had noticed! Now bear, lion, gorilla, chimpanzee, rhino, elephant, cheetah and crocodile hybrids formed, the device in their necks changing them to a cross between their two main states! Not all were in the zoo though. Some had wandered home, in a daze, having had no idea about the invasive surgery that had taken place on them! As partners screamed and ran from bedrooms, or landlords woke to hear bestial howls, suddenly London found itself under siege, as powerful were creatures crashed through doors and windows to roam the streets!

=========

Back on the ship...

The P'utinarians quickly made for the nearest doorway as Lionheart tried to figure out what was happening! The red button, some sort of control to change all those affected by this horrible phenomena into a bestial state! He looked on as the scientist sprouted hair and muscle, growing more and more to become a 1500lb hybrid of man and Gorilla! Nothing remained of the mans intellect as the fearsome giant creature looked about, it's eyes settling on Lionheart and Beth! Beating its chest with thunderous booms that shook the floor, it roared its intentions - Giant Ape vs Lion Hearted man!

OOC you have 2 frames then all hell will break loose in here. The Animal/Men hybrids are bestial - they cannot be reasoned with now. The P'utinarians are scared witless and trying to leave. That leaves Lionheart and Beth against a horde of the things. He'll need all his speed and power to get out of this one!

=========

Late night revellers...

Screamed an ran as a monstrous creature - a giant elephant standing some thirty feet tall at the shoulder and walking on stocky tree trunk hind legs flattened a car with a single step! Trumpeting its fury with the trunk, it scooped up another car and tossed it fifty feet through the air across Leicester square, to smash into fragments and burst into flames! Distant whistles of policemen called out across the city - London was under attack, by the most unlikely of invaders!

OOC It's not all bad - I know what you're thinking (I messed up). But to get to the good you have to wade through the bad first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 11 2011, 07:55

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:OOC It's not all bad - I know what you're thinking (I messed up). But to get to the good you have to wade through the bad first...

OOC: Honestly, first reaction after reading this...OH Mummy! Which I am sure pleases your diabolical mind no end! Neutral Hmm.

Lionheart felt sorry that nothing he said or did could have prepared either the British government or its operatives like, Beth, for the trouble that tended to follow Lionheart around.

Thinking fast, he realised that the old maxim, that the ally of my enemy had now become their enemy to. Shouting to the P'utinarians. "He you, P'utinarians, how would your high council and P'ulesin feel about what has happened here." Lionheart didn't know if P'ulesin, was yet anyone of significance within the group, since he only knew him in the future, when many had been already wiped out by the Nazi's.

"I know you're people from the future, I also know that when the Nazi's have extracted from you every useful piece of information they wipe out your people and P'ulesin, becomes your elected leader. I know about your colony ship and the last of your people, the Lunarium and the Nazi zombies, reanimated flesh. I know that they do that with your people to...do you?

But more than that we both know that right now that when Bedlam has finished with me, he will turn on you! You who are so few, have come here with the hope that in return for your help you'd find a place to call home. But look at what they make you give. The Nazi's cannot be trusted, look who they give power to...a madman who turns on his allies. You're working for the wrong side and now you've got a choice to make, haven't you? You can stop this or help me to stop it!"

As he said this Lionheart backed away and suddenly moved so that the creatures saw the P'utinarians in their sights.

OOC: Lionheart moves in a straight line to T11, so that the I can still address the creatures but try and make them see what they face, we face together and so I can get Beth to the relative safety of the lift.

Turning to her he quickly said, "Sorry to have dragged you into all this Beth," Lionheart said, "But this tends to be part and parcel for me!"

OOC: Ok hoping that my little speech has enough truth that these guys recognise (for all I know P'ulesin might be a lowly boot shine boy) that would convince them of my authenticity. Nonetheless they were duplicitous in the future, albeit because they'd been betrayed, it would certainly be a coup to free them now so they both do not end up being those kinds of people and also stop aiding the Nazi's.

Life never goes that easily though, so I at this stage I am trying to get Beth out of harms way, more than I am anything else. if I make it too the lift, I'll try and get upstairs to the cockpit, find out where I am and try and flush this place if need be. Before trying to work out the extent of what I have done. After all I have yet to find out about the sleeper beasts on the ground. What a great days work for me! Blasted big red button! Who knew it would be my kryptonite - just can't leave it alone.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 11 2011, 22:56

Agent Richard King

The P'utinarians, hurrying as they were for safety behind a locked door, nonetheless turned as they heard their leaders name. "You... you know P'ulesin?" Lionheart sped across the room with Beth in his arms, all the while chattering away. Suddenly the P'utinarians adjusted their weapons and started firing on the were-creatures!

Beth looked amazed, yelling "HOW?" Lionheart didn't have time to explain, instead stabbing at the lift button! He was about to start yelling at it when the door swished open...

The creatures didn't like being shot at, and sought cover behind the central column, hissing and snarling. The P'utinarians were convinced that Lionheart was telling the truth - how else would he know the name of the leader on their base ship at the other side of the solar system? (OOC We met P'ulesin back in Issue #3 page 3... but you have a better memory than I - I had to google it because the search section of this forum is hopeless...)

The Giant Ape creature wasn't to be denied though! With huge hands it grasped a section of console, tearing it up with strength that impressed even Lionheart, and tossed it at the P'utinarians!

Suddenly all was chaos, smoke, and fire, as the machinery exploded against a panel and spread out like a grenade, flooring several of the P''utinarians, though their unique physiognomy meant that the wounds they took weren't serious! Beth moved into the lift "Are you standing there all day, or are we getting out of here... and which button do we press? Up? Down?"

The creatures started to move around the central column through the smoke filled room and towards the lift. Lionheart could stay and fight, or make good his escape, at least to another level! He didn't have long to decide though!

OOC Nice 'save' with the leaders name dropping - I hadn't thought of that one...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 12 2011, 07:31

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Nice 'save' with the leaders name dropping - I hadn't thought of that one...

OOC: Actually I went and found it by hand, I didn't realise you could google it! But it makes me wonder if you hadn't thought of this what had you thought off?

Beth moved into the lift "Are you standing there all day, or are we getting out of here... and which button do we press? Up? Down?"

Shouting across to the cowering P'utinarians, Lionheart paused at the lift. "We need to talk, but until we've dealt with this problem," He said thumbing in the direction of the Gorilla Bedlam! "I want her to be safe, contact your people and have them be ready to receive her. And you and I need to work together to flush this beast out the nearest airlock."

Turning to Beth, Lionheart said, "Up, go they'll not try anything for now. Get the guys in the control room to turn on the computer defences, target for these creatures, or they won't have a ship left to fly." He added as he noted the destructive power of the Bedlam.

"We'll try and keep it busy. If they ask any more tell them, 'a friend of P'ulesin sent you!' Hopefully that name will curry some favour. Go, go!" He said urgently as he saw the creatures getting more agitated with the explosions and flames.

Moving away toward the other P'utinarians, he shouted "We need to contain them, if I keep them busy you get a forcefield around them or something. We must stop them before they rip this ship apart!"

Lionheart had to wonder what the situation would be for these 'animen' now that Bedlam had smashed so much of the machinery that made them, would there be enough left to reverse the process? He had to worry about that later, with the other beasts corralled by fire, Lionheart turned to stare Bedlam out. This was where the real fight lay and who'd be king of this topsy turvy jungle him or the Gorilla!

OOC:

So send Beth to the appropriate place as best I understand it to work with the P'utinarians, so that they can get things under control. But take on Gorilla Bedlam to stop him causing more damage to himself as well as the ship.

I'll lead with a Psiblast and then follow up with a run to attack if I can, but I'm aware it depends on initiative and what not. I'm hoping this cobbled together plan can yet result in a positive outcome.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12 2011, 23:03

Agent Richard King

The P'utinarians rallied as Lionheart spoke to them, gathering with their weapons in the dust and smoke filled room! Beth, in the lift, was about to speak, and reached out a hand... only for the door to close before a word was heard! Turning back to the room Lionheart saw the huge shape that was the Ape-Man Bedlamm. Concentrating, he 'launched' an energy Lion from himself to leap at the great ape!

What happened next confused Lionheart - a blue 'energy' Ape stepped out of the body of Bedlam to grasp the Lion! The two grappled, the lion roaring and biting, clawing and pushing, but the ape grasped the Lions head, jammed it back, then drove a hug fist down! If the thing was alive, it would have died! As it was, the attack fizzled, and the ape with it.

Lionheart gasped, leaning on a destroyed panel.

OOC Nothing to read into that too much - only your roll of 2 added to your ego couldn't compete with a roll of 19, plus his ego plus his 'psi shield' - effectively his multiple personalities. Tough to pick out the one you want. You need a reasonably high roll and him a lowish roll, but he's not invulnerable. More worrying is...

The great ape turned to face Lionheart through the thick smoke. All he could see was the things vast outline, and a pair of - now blue - crackling eyes! "I... Sssseeeeee!!!!" hissed the ape! That couldn't be good!

The nearest P'utinarian moved to the console to erect a forcefield around the AniMen, only to find... "Dead! The controls are dead! We need to get them on another level!"

The other P'utinarians started firing indiscriminately into the smoke. They couldn't see what they were aiming at, but hoped to hit something furry and violent!

Lionheart sped through the churning smoke to deliver a punch to the Ape's midriff, then speed off again! It was like hitting a dozen punchbags! There was some give, but it was hard to tell if the thing even felt it!

The Creatures eyes glowed blue, crackling, and the energy ape sprang forth! By instinct, Lionheart threw up his hands and saw an energy Lion spring from himself! The Lion roared, reared on its legs and sank its teeth into the Apes' throat! Despite the things thrashing, it backed off, and both fizzled out!

Honours even!

Except now Lionheart saw the other shapes looming out of the gloom!

OOC The AniMen are getting it together now. You're in trouble. The P'utinarians are on your side, but these things are more than a match for them, and as a group, for you. Plus Bedlamm of course Smile Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 13 2011, 08:32

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:The nearest P'utinarian moved to the console to erect a forcefield around the AniMen, only to find... "Dead! The controls are dead! We need to get them on another level!"

"Then two of you go to another level and get what you need online. Quick, or they'll over run the place!"

Lionheart knew he was stalling for time, he'd go for a more formidable plan, if he had time to conceive of one - but time wasn't something he had much off right now.

Moving within the mist, he sped up, if he could leap behind the creatures, keep them focused on him, even let the Animen get between Bedlamm and himself, he might be able to use the increased confusion and obscuring smoke against them.

One thing was for sure, with the remaining P'utinarians firing indiscriminately chances were they'd hit him, as much as the creatures. He shouted through the smoke, "Hey wait for a target in case you hit me or you'll be left to face these on your own!"

Moving through the Animan, he sought to get higher, above them using whatever cables, ledges, or panels lay about to leap above, beyond or between them. He was also aware that Bedlamm as a Gorilla and indeed many of these Animen, might quickly rally and climb to trap him.

Looking about he was mindful of the other doors that led away form this circular room, he was trying to remember from his previous excursions,l where these might lead and if it was to his advantage to try them?

OOC:
1. Ok I am leading the Animen and the Gorilla a merry dance, leaping, dodging, dodging and leaping to try and get them to follow me.
2. If I can get some idea of what might be behind those doors (always assuming that all P'utinarian ships are pretty much the same) then I might try and go that way.
3. If things go from bad to worse I will attack, melee first, Psi blast second.

if you need rolls here is Initiative:1d10=6
Melee: 1d20+3+6=16
Psi Blast: 1d20+18=33
Dodges and damage I'll leave up to you, but seeing how the Ape resisted my prior rolls, I won't waste large amounts of Psi energy as its such a limited commodity.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 14 2011, 22:26

Agent Richard King

Lionheart sped through the smoke and sparking destroyed panels as the creatures moved about looking for him, for anyone, to attack! The only thing it seemed they wouldn't attack was each other, as anything within range of clawed hands was swiped at and smashed!

Through these bestial 'Animen' Richard King sped, ducking and weaving. Though naturally confident, he was outnumbered and these were foes with animal reflexes that had been sped up to a superhuman level - eventually he would tire and they would corner him.

Moving near the Ape, he once again saw its eyes glow blue through the smoke and groaned. Whatever he'd done to set all this off, it seemed that his own mental attack had added to his problems - the Bedlam ape now had mental powers!

Whilst most of the Animen were determined to catch Lionheart, the great ape moved through the smoke to punch through a doorway like it was made of paper! Inside was a bank of machinery along the walls, and with surprising dexterity seeing as his fingertips were like rugby balls, the Bedlam Ape started to tap away at a sequence of keys.

OOC All the while Lionheart is moving, dodging, moving, dodging, and his frames are being hoovered up. That's the bad part. The good part is, no rolls are (yet) required for him to dodge - he is simply too fast and agile. For now.

Lionheart ducked into a doorway and looked about. It seemed to be a storage room of some kind, but he didn't have time to check out the junk stored in there. That is, until he heard "Hey! Pssst!" and near where the voice had come from, a vent cover was pulled slightly aside. "I'll distract them, you get into the air conditioning system..."

Caldwell? Lionheart spun, and ducked where a clawed fist smashed into the doorframe where his head had been! And so the merry chase started anew! All about it seemed as if the intensity of sparking and explosions on the panels was intensifying!

OOC Next round will be critical - Lionheart want to keep leading them on the chase, find out what the Bedlam Ape is doing, engage in combat with the Animen or squeeze into the aircon ducts - if that's what they are?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 14 2011, 22:52

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
Caldwell? Lionheart spun, and ducked where a clawed fist smashed into the doorframe where his head had been! And so the merry chase started anew! All about it seemed as if the intensity of sparking and explosions on the panels was intensifying!

OOC: Next round will be critical - Lionheart want to keep leading them on the chase, find out what the Bedlam Ape is doing, engage in combat with the Animen or squeeze into the aircon ducts - if that's what they are?

Lionheart groaned, "Well I'm glad to see you final showed up. I need you to take them heat off me whilst I stop Bedlam. He might look like he's gone ape, but there is still a malevolent genius trying to turn the ship over to his control and problem seeking to amplify his control in some way. I've got to stop him or there won't be much left to report too."

With that Lionheart shot back out, taking the opportunity to run up to attack Bedlamm before whatever tricks he'd learnt since being onboard got put into action.

OOC:
1. Running attack, if I can get such as this. 1d20+3+6+1=20 to hit, and damage all HTC to try and get past dividers and also because, as much as I hate Bedlamm, he's mad more than bad. Damage 2d6+16=23HTC.

I'm spoiling for a fight and hoping that Bedlamm can be called out, made madder with talk about Nadia not wanting him because without the beast he's not even man enough for her. Dangerous, but hey I know if I leave him to take over the ship, we'd be in a worst state.

If Possible, I'll lead him to the nearest airlock. Decompression can do wonders for the temperament, and the P'utinarians can teleport him back into a restraining field.

In the meantime I will divide my efforts between not being beaten to a bloody pulp and trying to lay in some attacks, saving my Psi energy for when its really needed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:52

Agent Richard King

The disembodied voice paused for a moment, then added "I have an idea. No clue as to whether it will work. Would've worked in the past. I mean future... I mean... "

Lionheart turned and sped out of the room just as the Animen closed on the entrance. His speed and agility kept him one step ahead of his pursuers.

OOC Initiative LH 9 Bad guys 2. 4 Frames. He moves over to the ape (1fr) delivers a run past (1 action) and speeds over to the far side of the room.

Lionheart shook the sting from his fist. He's pounded on the hide of the big ape and not much aside from dust rising had registered! He heard a passing grunt from the thing, proof he was indeed chiselling away, but at this rate? He need another plan... Stepping the nearest door, he opened it up. Inside were a bunch of consoles and panels. Crying out in frustration he scanned across them... some kind of layout, some kind of ... aha!

Tracing lines on a display, he took his best guess and figured he'd need to go down three levels to the airlock. Turning about, he saw the Ape moving across the room... Stepping out where there was room to manoeuvre he saw the great fist come slamming down at him!

OOC 2 frames for the ape to lumber over. WC1 attack but LH is DC 8 in normal clothes. Roll of 12 is a hit. Response? Follow up strike roll of 9 is a hit. Response? Rather than post (as I was about to) I will assume you use 2 frames from next round to dodge. In which case...

BANG!

Lionheart neatly stepped aside to see the huge fist smash into the floor, buckling it and revealing pipework and wiring underneath...

THOOM!

Another one, and this time the floor started to give way where Lionheart stood! He leapt nimbly to the side and found himself in a dilemma - the Ape was more or less blocking him off from getting past, where the Animen were waiting anyway! He could either go through the ape (somehow) or back into the small room, which the ape could reach into anyway!

Suddenly Lionheart saw something that gave him hope!

One of the Animen clutched at their neck as the implant started sparking and fizzing! With a smell of electrical burning the Animan - a female wolf/human staggered to the side, holding onto a panel. With a wild look in her eyes, near enough panic, she cried out "What's happening?" Several of the Animen, all bestial, turned, and sensed something about the female human/wolf. Weakness! Prey!

"Lionheart!" yelled a disembodied voice. "I figured it out! It was one of my old powers - controlling electronic devices! Not much use in this day and age... until the aliens turned up!"

More of the Animen turned, sniffing the air. Growling, they started advancing on the thing they could not see, but most certainly could smell, especially now that he was tangible!

OOC Initiative LH7, Bad guys 5. You have 2 frames this round, 1 to act before the bad guys 4. Actions? The Ape is after you, and more or less blocking the path past, whilst the Animen are after Caldwell... The Animan Caldwell freed is also under threat too... The P'utinarians are in a side room. Lionheart can't see what they are doing, but it's something... technical...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 16 2011, 13:50

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:Several of the Animen, all bestial, turned, and sensed something about the female human/wolf. Weakness! Prey!

"Lionheart!" yelled a disembodied voice. "I figured it out! It was one of my old powers - controlling electronic devices! Not much use in this day and age... until the aliens turned up!"

"Great now unless you've got another trick to pull, they'll all turn on you and this girl unless you can get yourselves both out. I suggest James you do it straight away."

Admin wrote:More of the Animen turned, sniffing the air. Growling, they started advancing on the thing they could not see, but most certainly could smell, especially now that he was tangible!

"Oh great, hey fatso you're blocking the way!"
Lionheart shouted at the rampaging Ape Bedlamm, as he took a running jump to try and get past him out out the other side.

OOC:

Nothing for it, Psi blast would eat up my two remaining frames and still have me stuck here to pound on so I'll either go between his legs, if my taunt makes him angry enough to start beating his chest - as Apes tend to when threatening one another, otherwise I'll have to go over or around and try and not to get myself trapped in these side areas again.

If I do get past then I will head for a way to go down, perhaps getting him angrier and angrier so the beast takes over and not the man, however semi lucid he might be.

If I don't get past him this is where I might start to ponder my obituary!

If out, I will shout to the P'unitarians that some help right about now to get this Bedlamm under control would be much appreciated round about now.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:15

Agent Richard King

OOC Congrats are in order - I'd forgotten about the posts/stars but looking at your signature seems you've hit the top level already Smile Maybe time to change the goalposts... Razz

Lionheart barked out his words, hoping Caldwell could hear them, and that he could get help from the P'utinarians! In the meantime he watched.. waited and pounced!

OOC Agility, Reactions, Speed... All come in useful here!

The man from the future dodged the latest hammer blow that smashed more of the floor up, hopped up onto the Apes' hand, ran up the arm and dived over it's shoulder, somersaulting to land on his feet and sprint to the other side of the room! The Ape whirled, raging that it's been made a fool of, whilst Lionheart called out for help from the P'utinarians!

Suddenly four of the Wolf/men were on him like a pack! Bounding through the smoke, they moved (OOC 2fr) then clawed and snapped at their prey! (OOC ok, this is where things might hurt even Lionheart...)

Lionheart tried his best to avoid the snarling snapping creatures!

OOC 6 miss, 3 miss, 16 hit 12htk, 4 htc, 5 miss, 1 miss (cr), next attack lost for that Animan. 3, miss, 1, miss (cr) Ok, maybe not. I assume LH will use a frame from next round to avoid the one blow.

The creatures snapped, snarled and clawed at their agile prey, only succeeding in striking fresh air or each other! As Lionheart watched each attack coming in, he wondered what Beth was getting up to...

The lift door hissed, and Lionheart was about to yell a warning when Beth stepped out, a huge gun (OOC think some kind of mini gun) hung from a strap over her shoulder! "I sure hope this gun packs a bigger punch than it weighs!" she yelled. "Richard! Richard! Where are... Oh..."

The Ape loomed above her out of the smoke...

Raising it's massive fist, she cried out. Lionheart was occupied and saw with his heart in his mouth that she would have no chance!

Suddenly a P'utinarian yelled from the side room "You have the safety on!" Whilst another pointed a small silver gun with what appeared to be a dish on the end at the great ape. A coiled wire went from the pistol to a power box in the room. The Ape brought it's fist down...

The silver gun went off...

And the great ape - Bedlamm - vanished!

Beth sighed in relief, and yelled out "The safety? No one said anything about safety? Where is it? Which one? Is it..."

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATTATATATATATATTATATA!!!!!!!!

She squealed as the weapon kicked out thousands of metal slivers, magnetically accelerated to thousands of miles an hour and punching through the walls and floor as the recoil spun the woman around, her hand on the trigger and a terrified look on her face!

Lionheart ducked, dropping to the floor as a dozen red holes appeared in the chest of an Animan in front of him, the creature looking dumbfounded as it was perforated!

The weapon spun down, and the dazed Animen on the floor started to regain their feet. Suddenly another cried out, clutching at its neck, and looked around with frightened eyes "What... what's happening... ? Arggh! I'm a wolf!" he cried.

A disembodied voice shrieked "Someone get that gun off the woman! She'll kill us all!"

OOC Initiative 5 Good, 4 Bad. 1 Frame then their four. LH has 3 frames this round.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:32

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Congrats are in order - I'd forgotten about the posts/stars but looking at your signature seems you've hit the top level already Smile Maybe time to change the goalposts... Razz

Yeah for me ;-). I'm glad it only counts posts and not hours spent deliberating ;-).

Yes I will use a frame to dodge so I guess that means that...

Admin wrote:A disembodied voice shrieked "Someone get that gun off the woman! She'll kill us all!"

OOC Initiative 5 Good, 4 Bad. 1 Frame then their four. LH has 3 frames this round.

OOC:I guess since I used my future frame to dodge I stay right where I am and let Beth take them down.

"Beth can you aim that thing a little better - thanks all the same." Lionheart said as he looked back aware that the Animen we approaching once again.

OOC:
So I will wait for them to do their thing, I might have to suck up some damage in order to attack this round, or else Beth may well get herself from the frying pan into the fire...

But if they miss like they did before it might not be necessary...can't tell yet.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 18 2011, 09:15

Agent Richard King

OOC Takes an action to fire the thing, so she'll have to wait... And LH will get scrabbled all over again by the ham fisted AniMen. Only 2 attacking - one went down and another got a critical miss on their last attack. Ruled that one moved out of the fight after falling over, and spending a round recovering... Here we go: 19 hit (11Htk, 6htc) 13 hit (11 Htk 4 htc) 16 hit (15 htk 5 htc) 2 miss, 19 hit (12 htk 5 htc) 10 hit (8 htk 1 htc) for their 3 frames apiece (rather than four as stated... it was late...) That's 5 hits, so you can choose to dodge as many as you can (3 this round and 2 from next) or pick and choose to take a few knocks so you can hand some out...

This time there was little let up from the fierce creatures! Lionheart had to dodge and duck every which way to avoid the attacks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:10

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC Here we go: 19 hit (11Htk, 6htc) 13 hit (11 Htk 4 htc) 16 hit (15 htk 5 htc) 2 miss, 19 hit (12 htk 5 htc) 10 hit (8 htk 1 htc) for their 3 frames apiece (rather than four as stated... it was late...) That's 5 hits, so you can choose to dodge as many as you can (3 this round and 2 from next) or pick and choose to take a few knocks so you can hand some out...

I didn't realise how little HTC Lionheart has. The other thing was can I pick and choose what I dodge? Because if I could I'd dodge the ones who hit me the hardest and accept those that hit me the least.

I'll dodge the worst three and take the other two, hoping to win initiative or let Beth loose with that cannon again to take the remainder out.

Lionheart left his guard down, knowing that to do so ran the risk of serious harm, but seeing that his defence was so complete it kept him from attacking he felt he had no choice.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:28

Agent Richard King

OOC In game terms/rules you shouldn't be able to choose which ones to dodge over another, but I prefer a loose and faster flowing style as we simply don't have the time and means to drag combat about by following rules to the letter. So Lionheart can take the two and dodge the worst three. By my reckoning he takes 19htk and 5 htc. And yes, Lionheart has low htc - they were his original stats 7 years or so ago, and this Lionheart doesn't have the experience of being in the Executive... However, this one DOES have his own ace in the hole, and that is about to kick in soon. He just needs to 'die' first Smile

Lionheart staggered, being slashed and cut by the savage beasts!

His eyes widened, however, when he saw Beth level the hug gun, and he waved his hands to say "no!" She didn't see that past the barrel of the gun and shouted "Richard! Get d..."

BRATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!!!

Lionheart and the two Animen were scythed down (OOC this thing acts like an area attack. Rather than roll to hit if you are in the area you roll to see how many hit. As such, it's not too useful for superheroes, but may be when it comes to fighting hordes of Nazis. However, the number of hits is reduced by the dodge mod of the targets in the area... And in this case... Lionheart dodges the lot)

When the gun span down the place was more or less falling to bits around Lionhearts ears. The gun had completely chopped the interior of the ship to pieces behind where Lionheart stood, and he himself was showered in gore from the creatures Beth had shot to pieces! She herself had been thrown backwards across the room and was lying dazed having banged her head thanks to the recoil!

The remaining wolf Animan growled and rose to it's feet, moving across to Lionheart - when it, too, arched backwards.. screaming! Then it looked up, and about "What... what's going on?" it growled.

The seal Aniwoman across the room was already looking at her velvet dark skin, and feeling the implant on her neck that Nowhere Man had disabled.

As for him, the youngster appeared in front of Lionheart and offered a hand up. "No rest for the wicked!" he grinned, pulling the agent from the future into a hug. "Good to see you man!" he said. The voice was that of a squeaky ten year old, and Lionheart found it hard to place James Caldwell inside, but it clearly was. "That ape, Bedlamm, is climbing Big Ben!"

One of the P'utinarians came over "We teleported it out, but the range on this makeshift gun is limited, and it's usually only used to transport small objects. It will be some time before it recharges, but at least it's off our ship."

As he said that a large section of panelling crashed to the floor of the smoke filled room.

"Well, what's left of it."

Another P'utinarian strode up. "Our leader wishes to speak with you." it announced. The other aliens stood with weapons ready...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:59

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
OOC However, this one DOES have his own ace in the hole, and that is about to kick in soon. He just needs to 'die' first Smile

Well I am pleased to hear that is a resuscitation option, but for the meantime I aim not to find out how that will happen. Also I need to get some of my old clothes back, dodging around with a DC of 10 sucks. Very Happy

Lionheart turned to James, taking his hand, though he didn't need it. Being pulled up, let along spoken to in this manner by a 10 year old was disturbing, but Lionheart had dealt with worse.

After making sure Beth was ok and giving here a quick wink of encouragement, he listened to what the other P'utinarian had to say.

Admin wrote:"Our leader wishes to speak with you." it announced. The other aliens stood with weapons ready...

Lionheart took note of the weapon stance, then turning to James and Beth, he said "I think its time to see if we can convince our friends of the past how things turn out in the future if they carry on helping the Nazi's."

And gesturing for the others to follow, he allowed himself to be escorted by the P'utinarians.

OOC:
ok lets go get this over with, if they are anything like last time they will be open to all sorts of ideas and go off and do their own. Still I'm hoping that not being embittered and pretty much wiped out, will mean we can make them see sense.

Here's hoping me and James have got our game on.

Sj

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20 2011, 23:29

Agent Richard King

Lionheart conceded that he may have to speak to the P'utinarians, and having made sure Beth was back on her feet (albeit rather dazed) he followed the oozing slime creatures into the lift.

"Apologies for the weapons." said one of the Aliens. "It appears we are in a position of having our trust abused, and until we can reestablish that trust we should be wary of everyone. Many of our people disputed the agreement we have with these... 'Nazis' though they offered an opportunity to mine a special element from your moon which we need to leave this backwater of a solar system."

He paused as the lift continued upwards. "I say we would have been better off by simply taking it, though I admit such a course of action has proven..."

"Disastrous" interjected another alien.

The first speaker nodded gravely. "Indeed. Knowing what we know now of the technology level of this planet I believe we might have 'gotten away with it'. It seems the Nazis have more allies than just ourselves though... and how they knew how to use the Lunarium to change the genetic structure of your carbon based bodies ... " he shook his head. "It's a mess, and we are buried up to our neck slopes in it."

As the lift slowed, suddenly there was a light shining down from the lift roof. Everyone in it found themselves immobilized! By effort of will they could speak, move their eyes and think, but every time a super power was willed into effect the mind was filled with the equivalent of a 'psionic static'!

"What is the..." started the immobilized P'utinarian speaker. He and his fellows were affected the same as the Vanguardians!

A screen flickered into life on the wall. Another slime creature stepped into view. "A report has been made about the captives aboard your ship P'erinayar. Well done. Our Nazi allies will reward us greatly for handing over the man known as 'Lionheart' and his allies!"

Lionheart had to think fast! In moments he may be in the hands of the Nazis!

The youngster that was James Caldwell muttered "Out of the frying pan... sweet talk 'em... I'll ...do something..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:29

[quote="Admin"]Agent Richard King

Agent Richard King

"Apologies for the weapons." said one of the Aliens. "It appears we are in a position of having our trust abused, and until we can reestablish that trust we should be wary of everyone. Many of our people disputed the agreement we have with these... 'Nazis' though they offered an opportunity to mine a special element from your moon which we need to leave this backwater of a solar system."

"Friends you are about to make either the biggest mistake you've ever made or the greatest save. Moments ago you said you didn't know who to trust...why hand us over before hearing me out! Except you know what will happen! As soon as you ask them for permission to cross examine me on your own ship, the Nazis' will become aggressive and or try and board you. Why, so that you cannot be turned against them or they can intervene.

You've seen how they treat their own and I've seen how this ends up..."
For a moment Lionheart's mind drifted back to the events he'd witnessed further along this same time line. "Your people decimated, your ship with barely another power hidden at the outer edge of the solar system. Those who have survived the Nazi's purge, living as Humans, living so deeply undercover they've forgotten they were P'untinarian. Yes you're in deep, but at this point you could drown in your own blood and that of your people beneath the super powered heel of the Nazi's or you can break free.

And its for this reason I need to speak to P'ulesin. Let me share with him what I've seen. I believe you don't need convincing that the Nazi's are ruthless, what you need to see is what you'll loose or gain at this moment in time. You are either going to be the saviours of your race, or its damnation and all I'm asking for right now is for you to hear me out!"

Lionheart didn't doubt the sincerity of those in front of him, but wondered if their were already factions within the P'utinarian race who might already have made their minds up. Whatever happened an internal conflict would be a disaster handing the Nazi's freedom to walk over them all. But what would the P'utinarians decide?

OOC:

Ok tried to get this to capture a feel or urgency without just blabbing like a little girl.

But if this doesn't work then I am going to have to stop the lift, mindblast the guards whilst getting Caldwell to deactivate the sensors/cameras and the field if he can. So we might yet get free.

However this goes I can imagine we are looking at another fight with the Nazi's. And we've still got Bedlamm and his cronies to deal with yet!

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 22 2011, 01:04

Agent Richard King

"You speak lies!" growled the slime creature on the flat screen set into the wall. "Our 'glorious leader' led us to this backwater hole of a solar system to save us but has instead trapped us here with no means of escape! If you are the key to obtaining enough Lunarium to escape this solar system, then the choice is easy to make!"

The screen winked out.

"I'm sorry." said one of the slime creatures in the lift, immobilised as much as Lionheart, Nowhere Boy and Beth were. "P'erradine was ever ambitious, but I had no idea he would defy orders and P'ulesins' will!"

"Don't worry about it." rasped Nowhere Boy. He grunted with the effort of using his powers. "Nnngh. It's like some kind of static in my head! Lionheart!" he yelled. "We don't have long before the lift stops! There's a wire running the length of the wall to the ceiling and powering that stasis ray.. see if you can..."

Everyone turned eyes to an indicator on the lift wall showing the lift had almost reached its destination of the top floor!

Beth wailed "Do something!"

=========

There were around twenty P'utinarians spread out with weapons at the ready...

P'erradine sat in the command bowl which contained the lower half of his body whilst the rest oozed out of the top. The bridge was beeping and buzzing with life as the ship was made ready to break from its stationery position over London and head towards Berlin!

"Remember." said the treacherous P'utinarian Captain. "Stun rays. They will be immobilized already so there won't be any problems in striking them. Only when we are sure they are comatose will we turn the beam off!" Though ambitious, he wasn;t blind about it. That way led to mistakes and failure! He would rise to become the leader of his people by simply handing over the one named Lionheart!

The lift slid open...

It was empty!

=========

A floor below, in the lift shaft...

"Good work." whispered Nowhere Boy. "Though I suspect your headache will last a while..."

OOC I figured Lionheart would give it his all to get free, so consider his brain all fuzzed over and his mental powers reducing to 5 dice over 5 rounds for the next few minutes before he recovers. Better that than dead though. Nowhere Boy suffered the same when using his ability to speak to machines.

Lionheart had used his telekinesis to pull a connector from the stasis ray whilst Nowhere Boy had 'spoken' to the machines in the lift to slow its progress whilst everyone hopped out of a service hatch and into the lift shaft. Though he was rusty it appeared that Nowhere Boy was using powers he'd not had for a long while. "Back in my Wraith days." he explained "I had this thing going on with machines. I was 'the ghost in the machine'. Later on, my powers seemed to change. I spoke with the dead and seemed to be perpetually gloomy as a result."

Now the group were clinging to one another as Lionheart held onto the side of the lift shaft having found a hand hold or two. The P'utinarians were helping by adhering to Lionheart and using their bodies as ropes for the others. They'd be in trouble if the lift came down. Looking downwards the lift shaft ran through the centre of the ship, which had about ten or so floors! Doors could be seen set into the walls. Probably little or no obstacle to Lionheart or Nowhere Boy. The P'utinarians could slide up and down the lift shaft without problem, meaning Beth was the only one they needed to worry about.

"Where to?" hissed Beth, trying not to look down.

"It'll be a trap up there, but we need to speak to their leader." said Nowhere Boy quietly. "Those ANimen we left behind on the earlier floor might come in handy if we can persuade them to help us, unelss you fancy just bursting in and trying to take them down, however many..."

"Twenty."

"...twenty? However many there are..." finished Nowhere Boy. "I was never the best combatant in a fight, I must admit. This could be tricky..."

Just then there was a clanking sound - the lift was about to start coming down again!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:27

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:"Twenty."

"...twenty? However many there are..." finished Nowhere Boy. "I was never the best combatant in a fight, I must admit. This could be tricky..."

Just then there was a clanking sound - the lift was about to start coming down again!

Quickly turning to the others Lionheart addressed them. "I know this is going to sound fantastic but we've a friend of ours who is one of your people, so I also know what you can do. We are here to help, but we cannot allow ourselves to be taken. We have to do all we can to escape."

With that, Lionheart sought to formulate a plan. Turning again to the P'utinarian Lionheart spelled out the plan [OOC: see below] hoping the others would agree before the lift was on them.

OOC:

Ok I will explain that whilst the rest of us can get down the shaft safely Beth cannot. So if the P'utinarian would help secure her to my back she and he can ride with me. Keeping her from falling whilst I do my thing. We jump down to the corresponding hatch and rip open the doors and see if we can get the Animen to help us. Or if the doors are not going to yield to my strength, either let the P'utinarian's slip through and open it from the other side or we see if James can phase us through. If neither of those options work we head down to the bottom, trying doors as we go, or until we are in the well, where usually there is a space beneath the lift that we might be able to fit into. I guess it depends on what sensors they have onboard to track us?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23 2011, 00:19

Agent Richard King

The P'utinarians were eager to help - proof that not all were power hungry and ready to betray their own people to gain an advantage! Beth cried out as Lionheart stepped off the side of the lift shaft, free falling only for a P'utinarian to flow round her and latch onto Lionheart like a harness. Two more flowed down the lift shaft and formed up into a a net for Lionheart and Beth to land on. Nowhere Boy floated gently down. Above, the lift started to descend!

As Lionheart scraped at the sealed doors Nowhere Boy simply thrust a hand into the wall. An instant later it swished open and the group entered the room they'd left earlier. Those Animen that had been freed (3 wolf people and the seal woman) were sitting about, dazed and confused. When the small group entered the room again they looked up, and the seal woman spoke first. "My mind... I remember walking in Regents park... something coming out of the darkness - a giant bear! Instead of attacking me it sprayed something, a gas at me... and then? Darkness! Who was I? I had a life before? Two lives! I remember being behind bars, performing tricks for fish! What... who? What's happened? Am I a talking seal or a woman mishappen into some kind of monster?" she broke down and began sobbing.

One of the P'utinarians looked up the lift shaft and turned "They are coming!" he shouted!

One of the two wolf men looked up "If you help us get out here, we will help you."

The P'utinarians readied weapons. Nowhere Boy turned to Lionheart "Getting mixed up in some kind of meaningless battle could be costly, but this ship would have immeasurable worth to us! What do you think?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 23 2011, 07:59

Agent Richard King

Admin wrote:
The P'utinarians readied weapons. Nowhere Boy turned to Lionheart "Getting mixed up in some kind of meaningless battle could be costly, but this ship would have immeasurable worth to us! What do you think?"

Lionheart looked at James and said, "I think you'll recall that is the story of my life." Then looking about quickly he said, "use what you can around the room the computers defences or even see if you can't put that stasis beam on them. We need to break orbit and get this ship and these other P'utinarians about to P'ulesin, so he can decided what to do. If we do nothing else but free these people we'll have dealt Hitler a great blow."

Then turning carefully to the seal and wolf Animen, Lionheart knelled down beside them, genuine concern in his eyes. A hold over form his surgeon's programme perhaps. "I'm so sorry you've been mixed up in all this, for what Bedlamm did to you. But we have to groups of P'utinarians here, one who wish to help us get them free as you do the others coming in the lift - who want to continue to aid the Nazi's. Whether out of fear or out of greed, they don't realise as you must now do, the full extent of the Nazi's evil and how they'll use anyone then turn on them.

We want to help, we didn't start this war, but by all that matters we aim to make sure we finish it. So we'd welcome your help in subduing these P'utinarians - but lets get them back in one piece. Then we can prove to everyone who really are the beasts who impersonate men!

Looking about the room, Lionheart instructed Beth to help James, whilst he took in the surroundings and sought some way to turn this battle to his advantage.

OOC:
Ok so we are back in the same chamber as before, if the P'utinarians could beam out the traitor that might take the fight out of the rest - or else put them into a stasis field of some sort.

As to the Animen, we'll get them to strike as they know beast, since the P'utinarians have guns, they'd best use cover and hit and run attacks as best as possible, try and spoil their aim, create distractions, let the enemy obscure one another.

As for me, I want to try and see if I can get the one whose giving all the orders, assuming he's even brave enough to be hear. If not I will tell the rest, (quietly in case they can eavesdrop on us) that I will get back up the shaft and try and take him out whilst the rest fight down here. Got to do something to get control before the Nazi's come knocking.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23 2011, 22:36

Agent Richard King

Nowhere Boy nodded, moving over to one of the view panels not damaged in the battle. A P'utinarian moved alongside. "All of the controls will have been locked out at the bridge. There is no way to... oh."

He stopped talking as the panel in front of them lit up, and lights flashed. "I don't know what all that means - I can talk to your computers but they operate in a way completely alien to me, so unless there is a function like 'on' or 'off' like the door over there, anything I try to do will take time." The P'utinarian gave its best impression of a grin. "Some of the command functions are not available, but one thing that is, and available to every crew member throughout the ship, is a recall, to be used in case of emergency. The lifeboat will be called back to the mothership!"

With that, the alien pressed fourteen buttons at once with a hand that spread wide across the console and there was a shudder, then a roar as the ship surged upwards, gravitic compensators kicking in so the occupants weren't immediately crushed!

Beth screamed and moved across to Lionheart, looking around in fear as she hugged him. Nowhere Boy shouted "Here they come!" as the indicator on the lift showed the thing was closing in on this level!

The Animen listened to Lionhearts words and realised their situation - they were changed, maybe forever, and the life they could barely remember was behind them! In order to have any life in the future, they would have to fight!

Nowhere Boy moved quietly from downed Animan to the next, disabling the implant in the necks to ensure they were not affected by any more cybernetic commands.

The lift opened, and the P'utinarians poured out, bristling with weapons only to find themselves faced off against some of their fellows and the bestial humanoids, along with Nowhere Boy, Lionheart and Beth Carter, DICE agent!

=========

People screamed and ran in the streets...

Fires raged and whistles blew as the police struggled to cope, alarm bells on vehicles clanging away as they charged through the streets! The creatures that had been resident in London Zoo now ran amok, attacking anything and everything that moved! A powerful Tigerman smashed a car as it leapt on top of it, then swiped at a screaming woman, though she moved quick enough to get just out of range. The maddening noise in their heads which had sent them wild appeared to be receding though...

One creature that ignored the noise and the authorities was a massive Ape, twice, even three times larger than normal! It grabbed the side of Big Ben and started to climb the famous landmark, as floodlights crisscrossed the sky!

Those who had been looking up saw a mysterious flare of light amongst the clouds which receded into the darkness, a comet, rising from the earth! No one would believe them when they spoke of what they saw, but the fact was, they had seen a genuine rocket ship, like that from the movie serials!

OOC A last chance before combat devolves into a free for all to convince these P'utinarians coming from the lift that what they are doing is wrong! Of course, the wrong word and suddenly the shooting will start! Or you can try to get the jump on them by shouting for your side to attack Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next