The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 3 Empty Re: Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Oct 19 2010, 07:32

Frostbite

He glanced at the creature. It teetered on the edge of the platform, lunging at the young woman! Whoever she was, she was incredibly brave!

Frostbite thought quickly, his computer was right, the chances of them wearing this thing down were thin. He had to be creative. "Here goes nothing." He gave a moments through before freezing the area below the Beast's feet and then creating a super cooled span of air down to the track. He then dove again, hoping this time not so much to hurt the creature as lay it upon the tracks, hoping even its unnatural dexterity wouldn't stop it hit the live rail.

He dove at the creature and manage to hit it a second time [OOC:1d20+1+2+6=26 to Hit Damage 2d6+6=11HTC, 1d6+5=10 HTK.

Frostbite hoped this would be enough to push the creature back into the rail and away from this new ally.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 3 Empty Re: Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19 2010, 23:00

Kitten
Guest starring... Putty!

VS Bloodhound

OOC Dodging takes as many frames up as the attack that needs dodging, so a frame up for each.

Kitten stepped aside as a huge claw slashed the air where she'd been standing! Another one raked what would have been her head from shoulders instead finding thin air as she stood where she was and leaned backwards impossibly far, causing Frostbite to gape! Lionheart was as fast, but he was flashy and mouthy. This girl was quiet, just got on with the job with no less effectiveness, and somehow that made her more impressive, especially as she was dressed in civilian clothing!

Kylie glanced down. The floor had turned to ice under the creatures feet! Suddenly the ice skinned man dove down, crashing into the creature from the side and bouncing off. He saw the werewolf totter, trying to keep its balance and its feet skidding underneath it! Kitten pulled her fist back to punch.. and instead thrust out a finger...

The Werewolves eyes widened, looking at the finger lightly jabbing its chest. With that it fell backwards, and onto the rails!

There was a blinding flash, burning light, and electricity arced in every direction!

Frostbite fell back, throwing up an ice wall instinctively, and slid across the platform a few metres away from the edge. He saw the young woman dance below one arcing bolt, spin away from another and acrobatically leap through two more to land in a crouch next to Frostbite behind his shield. The ice melted and the banging/fizzing sounds died down as the station plunged into darkness!

Suddenly the only light around was Frostbites' blue chestplate, and people screamed! Kylie felt her heart hammering in her chest, wondering where the beast was...

"HOWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"
came the roar from down the tunnel. Frostbite and Kitten rose to their feet and walked to the edge of the platform. The smell of fried flesh was sickening, and where the thing had fallen on the tracks the area was blackened, charred, with blood bubbling and fizzing. A glance down the tunnel showed where the creature had gone, into the depths, doubtless to lick its wounds. Frostbite and kitten looked at each other, then both turned to their right. A few metres away, the train which had stopped short of being full on the platform sat there, its driver rising slowly to peer through the windscreen, utterly petrified.

"You!" came a voice in the darkness. A light shone out, shining across the platform and looking for Frostbite and the young woman. "Stop right there! Police!"

The creature was gone, but now the police were after the pair!

OOC Combat ended with the Werewolf - unless you really, really want to go into the pitch black tunnels to chase it! Now you have the police to worry about as they fumble through the darkness with guns drawn!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Oct 20 2010, 01:37

Guest starring... Putty!
VS Bloodhound
Frostbite gets no respect. cat

Kylie rose to a standing position. "Thanks for helping me with the Big Bad Wolf, but I can't stay," she confessed after a nervous glance at the cops. "Are you coming?" Kylie was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment since he did try to save her life and didn't seem like one of the Nazi superhumans.

TDM7
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:03

Guest starring... Putty!
VS Bloodhound
Frostbite gets no respect.

Man, I was going into panic city trying to figure out how I got from helping Adjutant to fighting your bad guy!!!! Shocked
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Oct 20 2010, 07:30

Frostbite

Frostbite turned to the Police and simple gestured turning them cold as ice, so that they dropped their guns and couldn't prevent them from leaving. Then turning to the women he simple said, "We need to get clear, the Nazi forces...ALL the Nazi metahuman forces are descending on this place to capture us. You are part of something much bigger than you'd ever realise. I'd love to say more, but I really think you need to follow me. We are on the same side, you know it deep within. Trust me." With that Frostbite started off, hopeful that the women, (he'd have to ask her, her name!) would follow in her own way.

OOC: Yeah I saw the mistake Putty in two places ;-). Hopefully it will be use helping you, not the other way around.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 20 2010, 23:32

OOC That's what you get (typo) when your brain is asleep after a 12 hour grind at work. D'oh. I did of course mean...

Kitten
Guest starring... Frostbite!

Didn't edit typo out as that would make your posts nonsensical. So, like some of mine then... Rolling Eyes

Kylie stared nervously into the darkness. In the low light her vision seemed to shift and with a blink she looked into the ultraviolet spectrum, albeit to a limited degree. Enough to see the crowd dispersing towards the exits of the platform and the police fighting their way through. The exits were covered! that left the tunnel where Bloodhound had gone down, or the train, if they could find some way out through the back of that and into the tunnel it came from. Failing that, she could try to pass as a civilian in the darkness and Frostbite go his own way. That would introduce a very real risk of being split up. The heroes had to think fast though!

OOC You have only moments to act. The police are coming towards the platform edge where Frostbite floats and Kitten is stood. There's blood all over the floor and some of the police are fumbling with torches. It's about to be lit up and busy in here shortly!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Thu Oct 21 2010, 00:50

Kylie couldn't imagine how she could be as important as Frostbite seemed to insist that she was. She was a bit overwhelmed by the recent events -- hospitalized and in a coma, released to learn that her father had been imprisoned, chased by the authorities, and then somehow surviving an encounter with a Nazi superhuman/werewolf. If this was leading up to something, she had to find out what it was.

"Okay, I believe you," Kylie said and followed Frostbite to wherever he thought that they needed to go.

OOC: If Frostbite is leading them in a direction where he might not have the same keen senses that she does to notice the police, she'll suggest an alternate path if necessary.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 21 2010, 06:59

Frostbite

OOC: Paul I mentioned In my previous post I was freezing the police so that they dropped their guns (cold metal etc) so I imagine they would be taken up with that for the moment.

IC:
Looking at the crowded situation Frostbite extended a hand, "If you'll excuse this, its not making a pass or a faint at chivalry, but simple expedience." Frostbite took the women's hand and effortlessly hauled her up so they could fly out over the crowd and out of the station, to rejoin the others. As they went, Frostbite asked, "Erm, awkward moment...I forgot to ask you name. Who are you anyway?"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 21 2010, 23:03

OOC Dave - oops missed that. I always looks for actions in the part under the narrative, which is as good an excuse as you'll get from my sleep deprived mindless shell these days.

Kitten
Guest starring... Frostbite!

The Police levelled a weapon in one hand, some had torches in the other. They had the Vanguardian and the young woman dead to rights! Then each policeman screamed, dropping whatever they held at the same time thanks to the metal turning so cold it burnt!

Frostbite gave a little grin then scooped the young woman up (OOC with her permission, of course Smile )

Passing over the heads of the police blundering about in the dark, the pair soared near the ceiling, up the steps of the underground and out into the streets of London. People gasped and pointed at them as they gained altitude.

<<Head due east from your current position. Suggest staying low and to the contours of the buildings. Am monitoring an increased build up of communications chatter. This unit suggests getting to your friends and then making haste towards your objective - prediction - the place will be overrun in minutes by Nazi Metahumans.>> said the computer inside Frostbites' head.

London flashed by underneath, and Kylie gasped in amazement. It wasn't long ago she was an ordinary young woman with a normal life ahead of her. Now? She blinked as buildings passed by underneath, and looked over her head at the blue sky, clouds clearing, save for one spot where clouds were boiling up, dark and iron grey, with lightning flashing about. It was so out of place, and yet Kylie wasn't surprised when Frostbite headed straight for it...

OOC a reply from Kitten then we'll be switching to the main 'Current issue' thread, and the pairs arrival at the battle with Devastator...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Fri Oct 22 2010, 00:57

As they went, Frostbite asked, "Erm, awkward moment...I forgot to ask you name. Who are you anyway?"
"Kylie.... Roberston....?", she said slowly as if she was trying to help him remember something that he should have known.

It caused her some concern that someone who insisted that she had some greater destiny ahead of her and was going to introduce her to 'friends she didn't know she had' wasn't sure as to who she was. Was this just a trick to get me to go with him? she wondered. Does he think maybe he didn't get the right girl?

She blinked as buildings passed by underneath, and looked over her head at the blue sky, clouds clearing, save for one spot where clouds were boiling up, dark and iron grey, with lightning flashing about. It was so out of place, and yet Kylie wasn't surprised when Frostbite headed straight for it...

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Kylie asked sternly as it seemed that they were headed for the heart of the storm.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:20

Frostbite

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Kylie asked sternly as it seemed that they were headed for the heart of the storm.

Frostbite nodded at the mention of her name, as he then listened to her question. He was tempted to say Prison, but that would give her the wrong idea, so he opted for simplicity. "Friends, we're going to find friends who right now we both need. The Nazi's have converged on us but my team has some tricks to pull that the Nazi's won't be expecting."

With that he speed on keeping silent as he listened to his computer give instructions before eating up the distance toward his friends.

OOC: Ok, unless there is anything else to say, feel free to slot us into the main narrative now, Paul.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23 2010, 01:07

OOC see the main Issue #5 post. all in. Took me a couple of hours to write up, what with pictures n all. I've just seen the time. D'oh. Sleep is overrated anyway... See you in there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3