The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 Empty Re: Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

Post  TDM7 Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:34

"Robbie?!!!", Kylie shouted amidst the chaos surrounding her. Like everyone else seated nearby, she wanted to get away from that mysterious glowing green liquid since she couldn't tell what it was. However, it didn't feel right to abandon Robbie, no matter how afraid that she was of coming in contact with that stuff and possibly suffering the same effect that he did.

"Stop the tram!", Kylie yelled as loud as she could to the operator. Whether or not he complied, she was determined to get them both off of this vehicle, moving or not. Maybe she could even get her old room back at the hospital for what would probably happen after doing something stupid like that.

OOC: If there is an emergency exit door, Kylie will attempt to grab Robbie and drag him off of the tram, paying close attention so as not to get any of that fluid on her. If there is no exit, she'll kick out a window and then decide whether she has to deal with the agent or get Robbie out through the new opening.

TDM7
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 Empty Re: Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..."

Post  Admin Tue Oct 05 2010, 08:12

Kitten

In the pandemonium it was easy to hide from the agent, and Kittens incredible agility and speed allowed her to snatch Robbie up. With a grunt, she wished she'd gotten some measure of super strength, but she was still stronger than she had been - carrying his prone 200lb+ form around wasn't like being weighed down with lead, at any rate. Moving through the panicking people who jumped aside for the young woman half dragging half carrying the glowing green young man, Kylie rammed a foot out at the emergency exit. The brakes applied immediately, not that she needed the tram to slow down. Leaping from the back into the rain, she looked down. Rather than wash the luminous liquid off, the rain seemed to have no effect. In fact, his skin seemed to be glowing all over now, and Kylie finally had to place him down in the mouth of an alley after dragging Robbie away, both for fear of touching the green glow of his skin and to take a breather. A hundred metres away, people were pouring out of the tram onto the street. Distant sirens could be heard getting louder. This place would be crawling with police in the next minute or so!

Kylie looked down at Robbie.

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 2ujry95

"W... whats happening Kylie?" he asked, voice fading. "Why does everything look so... g... green? Am I going to d.. .die?" He reached for her. Suddenly there came a shout from across the square, where the tram was. "THERE! YOU! HALT!" It was the agent, and he had friends with him - uniformed police! There were plenty of civilians in the way, giving Kylie a head start if she wanted to go, but that would mean leaving Robbie!

"Explosives... " he fumbled a pack from his back, to the floor. "Free the people...I wish we... ahhhhh" Suddenly his body started glowing ever brighter, until it was painful to look at! Kylie looked across. The Police were almost able to break from the crowd and take a shot at her!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Oct 06 2010, 01:43

Admin wrote:"W... whats happening Kylie?" he asked, voice fading. "Why does everything look so... g... green? Am I going to d.. .die?" He reached for her.
"I don't know," she said quietly, trying not to alarm him any further. "You were splattered by whatever that guy was carrying in the briefcase... something I think that the Nazis wanted back." Realizing that this wasn't very comforting, she added "Just try to hang in there, okay?"

Suddenly there came a shout from across the square, where the tram was. "THERE! YOU! HALT!" It was the agent, and he had friends with him - uniformed police! There were plenty of civilians in the way, giving Kylie a head start if she wanted to go, but that would mean leaving Robbie!

"Explosives... " he fumbled a pack from his back, to the floor. "Free the people...I wish we... ahhhhh" Suddenly his body started glowing ever brighter, until it was painful to look at! Kylie looked across. The Police were almost able to break from the crowd and take a shot at her!

Kylie didn't know what else she could do for Robbie in the condition that he was in, even if she was able to take him with her. She had to hope that the authorities would have enough compassion to attempt to save his life or at least saw enough value in keeping him around long enough to figure out what that green liquid did to people.

"I promise... I'll finish the job," she said with her voice starting to break and quickly rose to a standing position. Retrieving the backpack, she attempted to flee from the scene, trying to get away from the crowds and police officers alike. Back to the roofs, Kylie realized after remembering the street-level cameras.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 06 2010, 21:58

Kitten

Kitten looked back. Already she'd scurried up drainpipes and fire escapes to get onto the roof. The police were running up to Robbie, guns drawn. From here he seemed to be glowing even brighter, and sections were brighter still, as if holes were appearing in his skin and a blinding green light were shining forth! The Police ran close, within 4m, levelled guns, and started to fire. Kylie turned away.

Across the rain slicked rooftops she covered the distance faster even than her namesake. The rain might have mingled with tears, but anger was her most prominent emotion. She'd known Robbie only a short while, now he was... gone. What had been in the case? Clearly some kind of weapon or toxin. The Nazis had wanted it, the man had been trying to escape with it.

The enemy of my enemy must be my friend?

Robbie wouldn't think so right now. She crossed a flat roof, stopped at the edge. A leap of around thirty feet. She pondered, looking down at the alleyway between buildings.

That's when she heard the scream for help!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Thu Oct 07 2010, 01:31

Kylie wanted to keep on running and pretend that she never heard that scream. Why get involved and add somebody else's troubles to her own? She tried doing that for Robbie and look what had happened to him. Why do I have to hear everything so well now? she wondered.

As compelling as her promise to avenge Robbie by destroying the camp may have been, Kylie would have felt guilty if someone really needed her help and she ignored it to do something which could get her killed and possibly have no significance even if she did succeed. Maybe helping this unfortunate person could make up for her failure to help Robbie.

Kylie ran in the direction that she heard the scream, looking for a means to descend to street-level.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 07 2010, 03:58

Kitten

Kylie had heard the scream - unfortunately with her increased hearing the one making it had been some distance away. A problem for some, not for her with her incredible speed! Skipping, hopping and jumping down from ledge to ledge to street level, she moved out into the street and sprinted across the road between slow moving traffic. Here at least the city wasn't completely deserted as workers started to head home.

Once across the street another alleyway presented itself between buildings, shadows deep enough that normal sight wouldn't penetrate far. However, Kylie had better than normal sight. She saw around 30m away, a man being dragged into a corner by half a dozen street toughs. Even in this day and age, with a police state and martial law, crime found a way to rear its head! He cried out again, this time feeble as blows rained in on him from the gang, who looked to be in their early twenties, dressed in torn jeans, leather jackets, scruffy looking. The glint of knives suggested menace. Squinting, Kylie saw between the thugs that the man on the floor had a briefcase chained to his wrist.

It looked awfully familiar to the one the other man had had on the tram, only minutes ago...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Fri Oct 08 2010, 01:04

Every instinct that she had was telling her to leave the scene before she was spotted. She was fortunate to escape from three winded gunmen earlier. Trying to chase off six younger gang members would really be pushing her luck. Besides, if the authorities were looking for the men with these special suitcases, it was only a matter of time before they tracked him down to this alley. They might even show up while she still had her hands full with fighting off these goons.

I can't let these thugs get what's in that suitcase either, she realized as she pictured these guys carelessly handling this toxic substance and causing all kinds of havoc to any innocent bystanders if they were to get their hands on it.

"Guys?!!", Kylie called out. "You might want to leave while you still have a chance. The Gestapo's coming after that case too!"

The young woman prepared herself for them to defend their prize. If there were only a few of them that come after her, she'd try fighting back because she wanted a chance to question the guy with the briefcase to get some closure about what had happened to Robbie. If all of them rushed her at once, Kyie was going to run off and try to be satisfied with giving the scientist a chance to escape and hope that he could get away from the Nazis as well.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:32

Kitten

Kylie could tell she was dealing with common street hoodlums when two of them looked up like startled rabbits and immediately charged down the alleyway towards her... and past, after she stepped aside, with their friends heckling them. Another called out "Hey girl, you wanna have a good time?" whilst brandishing a knife. Still another muttered "We ain't in it for that man! Just want this guys case! Bound to have money in it!"

"N...no!" cried the man. Despite the beating he'd taken he seemed far more scared of what would happen were the case to be opened. "Inside is an experimental serum! The authorities are going to use it... today, on prisoners at a nearby jail! They will make... monsters!"

This caused several of the hoodlums to back off a few steps, though one stood his ground "It's bound to be worth something!" he snarled, holding up his knife. "How come you got it old man? I think you're lying! There's money in there ain't there?"

"N-no!" he cried again, backing away on the floor into the corner, away from the knife "I was one of the research scientists on the project! Me and several of my colleagues stole the serum so it couldn't be used, but we had to split up - the authorities are on to us! If this stuff leaks out, and infects someone..."

Kylie went cold. That's what had happened to Robbie!

The hoodlums had had enough, but the mouthy one turned to Kylie and approached with a knife. "Well, you and me gonna have some fun little lady!" he snarled, charging at her.

Despite the cries of the others to "leave it!" and "Come on!" the thug came at Kylie, who watched his movements as if they were in slow motion.

OOC 1d20+3+3+11=19 Hit, 2d6+6=12 Htc, 1d20+3+3+11=34 Hit, 2d6+6=12 Htc

Kylie despatched the thug with barely a thought, hammering a right cross to his jaw, and following up with a kick to his groin. He went down without a sound, and curled up into a ball. The others wisely left, at high speed!

The man, covered in dirt and blood from his bleeding nose, staggered over "My thanks, young lady, but I fear I have failed. I lost contact with my friends and one of them was making a distraction so the two of us could split up and go our separate ways. Franz hopped on a tram, but all I hear is sirens now. I fear the worst. Herman ... brave, stupid Herman. It was his idea to steal the serum, get it to the resistance so they could formulate a means of using it to their advantage... but... our contact wasn't there, and the safe house we were told to meet at seemed deserted. The best I can do is get this stuff far from here and bury it. If it gets into the water supply, it will cause havoc! London will be crawling with monsters in hours!"

Sirens cut him off, and he looked up, afraid. "I have to go! Thankyou for helping me!" He started to leave...

OOC Does Kylie want to head for the White Hart Lane prison or speak with this man further?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sun Oct 10 2010, 22:57

Kylie wasn't sure if knowing the fate of his colleague would bring the man with suitcase any peace of mind so she avoided telling him what she had witnessed on the tram. Instead, she quickly asked him a few questions why she still had the chance.

"That stuff that you're carrying turns people into monsters? What... what exactly does it do?", she asked as she pictured Robbie glowing so brightly that she could barely look at him. "Is there any cure?" It was probably too late for a cure for Robbie. She remembered the gunshots as she ran away but she had to know if there was anything that could have been done to help him.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 11 2010, 01:25

Kitten

The scientist looked about. He was nervous, sweating, shook up, and dabbed at his bleeding nose with a handkerchief. "What? Oh, I don't suppose a minute or so will do any harm. The serum was meant to create a new generation of metahumans to do the Nazis' will. The 1st and 2nd generation were vulnerable to an element known as Lunarium X, which is found on the moon. This was supposed to cure that problem, but there are side effects. It will enhance the subjects darker emotions a hundred fold. If they become slightly annoyed, instead this turns them into a superhuman psychopath, wanting to kill everything and everyone! Despite this they are going to use the serum. They may have used it already, on a man known as Jurgen Kreutz. He was first in line for the 3rd generation super solider program. His codename was to be 'Devastator'. The other doses of the serum were on their way to the prison, to be used on death row inmates. Those who had been spared from death specifically that their twisted evil be turned loose on the world in the form of a superhuman!"

He mopped his brow, glancing about. "I didn't sign up for that. I'm a patriot, not a murderer. I wanted to see the resistance lay down their arms and peace reign, but my eyes have been opened. I work for monsters, and they want to make more! But... and I believe this to be the case ... Injecting or force feeding particles of Lunarium X will increase the power levels of the subject!"

Kylie frowned. Surely that was a bad thing?

Before she could ask, he shook his head, waving his hands slightly "No, no. It is a good thing! The human body can only withstand so much enhancement by this method! The power level will increase and eventually the cellular structure of the target will break down! Put enough in, in one shot, and the subject will increase dramatically in power.. and explode! Unfortunately..." He looked about again "...The element is mined from the moon, and any supplies here on Earth are kept at secret locations. So we stole the serum samples that we could, and intend to find some way to destroy them."

He turned to leave. "One more thing. If the Lunarium X were treated in some manner by an application of extreme energy like heat, cold or electricity, it's properties change. This is a theory, but injecting the changed material in a subject may have a reversing or stabilising effect on the subject. We never got chance to test it."

With that, the Scientist leaves, holding the case to himself.

Kylie had little choice but to head to the prison unless she wanted to question the man further. Robbie was out there somewhere, and his emotions would be amplified. All the grief and anger he'd felt at the Nazis would turn him into a killer! Even with her superhuman powers... she glanced to the sky, at the clearing blue patches and the distant moon shining white in the blue yonder. The moon was beyond her reach...

OOC You can still catch the scientist if you need to ask him anything else - he's panicking, and the sirens are getting louder...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Tue Oct 12 2010, 01:54

"Go! Get out of here before they catch you!" Kylie advised the scientist. "Good luck," she wished him quietly as he became further and further away. There was no way that stuff belonged in the hands of the Nazis. Now that she knew what it could do, Kylie vowed that she would carry that case somewhere for safekeeping if the Gestapo had showed up while that scientist was still in sight.

With the sirens heralding that the authorities were approaching, it was time to get moving again. The recent turn in events was actually a convenient distraction. The focus on finding the missing scientists and their cases would have the Nazis occupied such that it could mean that less of them were guarding the White Hart Lane camp.

Wish I had some of that Lunarium X stuff to help you, Robbie, she thought. I hope that completing your mission will make them pay for what they did to you... what they did to all of us.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 12 2010, 02:32

Kitten

The scientists hurried along the street. He seemed to be getting further away from the sirens, which was a good thing. Stopping to mop his brow, he looked around. The street was quiet. He stood in the arch of a shop front, one closed whilst Martial law was being imposed. London was like a powder keg, ready to explode! After resting, he stepped into the street and walked towards the subway.

"Going somewhere?" said a calm voice behind him.

The Scientist turned, terror threatening to unman him.

The man stood a few metres away was feral looking, wild hair with long sideburns, fangs jutting from his mouth pointing up, and eyes like some wild beasts, yellowed and menacing. This contrasted with the white uniform he wore mostly hidden by a trenchcoat. He carried a hat in one hand, a book in the other.

"How... how did you find me?"

"Bloodhound. That's me." the metahuman said, tapping his nose. "Remember?"

"Please..." the Scientist said, glancing at the book. His own diary. Something marked with his scent, at least enough for this maniac to track him! "The serum is too dangerous! Too unstable! You have no idea the damage.. the havoc it will wreak! It will be out of control! If this should get into the water supply or airstream... this city will become a charnel house!"

Bloodhound grinned, then dropped it, snarling "My orders were to bring you in alive. But... I haven't eaten today. Kapeesh?"

The Scientists screams were silenced in a gurgling splash of blood.

Moments later Bloodhound held the case in his hand. He pulled the severed hand through the loop of the handcuff and tossed it aside, speaking into a microphone on his collar. "Subject neutralised. He was speaking to a girl, pretty young thing. I don't recognise her but there's something about her. I will check her out. Bloodhound out."

He set off at speed, fair rivalling a speeding car!

=========

15 minutes later...

Kylie stood waiting for the tube train. It would be a short journey across London on the tube to get to the station nearest the prison. Then what? Could she really use the explosives, possibly kill guards who were just doing their jobs?

Suddenly, she had a strange feeling. Looking about, she could see maybe... what, fifty or so people scattered along the platform? Most were suits, head down, trying to look inconspicuous. The 'guards' were blond haired youths in uniform, the so called 'hitler youth', though not much younger than Kylie herself. About four of them, and two were busy harassing a man, getting him to empty his case so they could check for contraband. The other two, were electric stun batons ready, walked along the platform, staring at people only inches from their faces, looking for a reaction, an excuse to use their bully boy tactics.

Kylie turned back, looking down the tunnel. The train was on its way.

That feeling again. She frowned, then sniffed. Something strong. A dog? Looking closer at the others on the platform she saw one, around 30m away, in hat and coat. A worker type... except... except workers normally wore shoes, didn't have fur covered feet and large black claws! The head turned, and his face was covered in shadow, but she saw the gleam of his yellow feral eyes!

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 29woly

Just then the Hitler Youth came alongside him. "Hey! You!" shouted one. "This one's a freak! Get him!"

One of the youth thrust his baton at the man, who in one swift move caught the wrist, sidestepping the baton, and snapped the boys arm over his knee! As the youth screamed, and his comrades backed off a step, the man never took his eyes off Kylie. He pulled the screaming youths arm up to his mouth, then, grinning, with overlarge teeth bared, bit hard into the boys arm, sending blood splurting all over!

Kylie gagged, and the others on the platform screamed, trying to get away from the madman. With blood down his front, the man sniffed the air, then slowly raised a hand to point at Kylie. "I want YOU!" he snarled....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Oct 13 2010, 01:40

He BIT him!, Kylie's inner voice reminded her as to what she had just seen. That alone should have been a good enough reason to run away from him as fast as she could, but when he called her out specifically, she knew that she had to take this seriously. There was nowhere to run -- the tunnels might have been an option but the train was on its way and despite showing exceptional speed tonight, she didn't think that she would be fast enough to stay ahead of it.

It was going to be a fight. With the skill that he had displayed against the Hitler Youth, Kylie knew that it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Believe me, you don't want anything to do with me," she declared in a loud voice so that he could hear her, hoping that she would be capable of backing up that threat.

OOC: Kitten is waiting for him to make the first move. She'll be fighting defensively until she is sure that she can handle him.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 13 2010, 02:22

Kitten

The man laughed, more a bark. The Hitler Youth dragged their wounded friend away, one of them yelling into a radio, only to find that down here the reception wasn't so great. "You know, I can not only track anyone, anywhere, I can smell when people are different. They call me Bloodhound, and they use me for tracking rogue metahumans..." he said as he ambled forward. "Not only have I recovered this missing serum..." with that he pulled a vial of the glowing green liquid that had affected Robbie! The Scientist! He must have gotten to him!

"But I also appear to have found someone who sets my senses on fire in a way few others have. And by that, I mean the likes of Adjutant, though truth be told, right now I'm feelin' there's something strange goin' on in London. I'll deal with you first girly. So. What's it to be? Easy way? Or hard? I'll give you a clue. You look good enough to eat, and I'm hungry..."

He cast aside his coat and hat, then stretched his fingers out, allowing claws to burst clear of the ends of them. They bled down his hands, but he didn't seem to mind. "Healing factor they call it." His eyes narrowed, and he moved into a crouch. By now he was only 5m away. "Let's get on with it, eh?"

The train was approaching the station. Civilians were trampling each other in a crush to get out of the place, and the Hitler youth were torn between helping their friend and attacking the maniac who'd near bitten through his arm!

OOC 1d10=3 Kitten, 1d10=7 Bloodhound 2 frames to Bloodhound, then Kittens 4, then Bloodhounds remaining two.

Suddenly he starts forward, his speed incredible - at least a match for Kittens! He slashes out with a clawed hand for Kylies' throat!

OOC 1d20+2+7=27 Hit, 2d6+10=14 Htk, 1d6=5 Htc. What this means is - if you choose NOT to dodge or parry the blow (dodge is your best option) you will take 14 Htk damage (when your htk is reduced to zero, you die) and 5 Htc (at zero, unconscious). If you choose to dodge you use one of your four frames this round but can act in the other three.

Bloodhound speeds past, then turns to see the results of his handiwork. He's now stood 5m away.

OOC Superspeed allows you to split your frame into half movement. So Bloodhound moved 5m, attacked with another frame, then moved another 5m away to complete his two frames. Then Kitten acts with her four frames. Just let me know if you want to try and dodge the blow, and what you'd like to do with the rest of your frames. For example, with your superspeed you can split a frame up, so you could dodge the attack, move 5m, attack twice then move 5m away if you so wished. Over to you Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Oct 13 2010, 03:23

OOC: Kylie will attempt to dodge his attack

The Adjutant? Kylie wondered about the comparison that this Bloodhound guy had made. There's no way that I'm in the same league as the Adjutant. Slowly, each little piece of the activities she displayed which were slightly beyond normal began to come together to form a larger picture. Was she a metahuman?

OOC:
Let's see if this would be correct --
move in 5m to attack position, attack with martial arts (once), move away 5m, move away another 5m (unless there's an option for another dodge in anticipation of an attack in his last two frames).

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 14 2010, 03:07

OOC Kittens base movement is 7m, which is actually pretty fast. With superspeed that boosts to 14m so you can move that far in a frame, or 7m, perform other actions then move another 7m if splitting a frame. Just so you know. So for Kittens last frame she could move 14m away, which would require Bloodhound to use 2 of his frames (he moves 10m at superspeed per frame) to catch her. I'll assume you do that, because it puts her at an advantage Smile

Kitten

Having dodged the mans attack (OOC 1d6=2 + dodge mod 7 - WC2 of attack = 7 for dodge. That means you totally dodge the attack in a frame. If the roll had been 1 (for a total of 6), you'd have partially dodged it. That meant taking half damage from it or using an additional frame to dodge it completely. Don't worry about the mechanics though - you are doing great by simply stating actions and I'll take care of the rest Smile ) Kylie was pleased to see him scowl. At least he knew he was in for a fight! His speed had been incredible - but compared to Kylies own, well, he would find she was full of surprises!

Kylie sped up to the Nazi, who was by now covered in blood. His comment about Adjutant didn't make much sense. Adjutant, as everyone knew, was the most powerful superhuman in Europe. He was also one of the most powerful in the world along with a couple in America, one in Russia and one or two more. Maybe one in China. Was he trying to distract her somehow? She shrugged, closing in on him, her thoughts a blur, as was her hand...

OOC 1d20+3+3+6=20 Hit, 2d6+6=9 Htc, 1d6=4 Htk

"Oof!" he cried, head flicked to the side by the blow. As Kylie sped off (up to 19m away) he shouted back "Hey! You remind me of... me! This is going to be fun! Don't make me chase you!" Even as he spoke he could feel his healing factor kick in. Kick? She had a punch that hit like a kicking mule. "Not what I expected though." he muttered to himself. Kylie heard him muttering as she screeched to a halt, turning to face him where she stood down the platform. "Thought you'd hit a lot harder than that. So why do I look at you and see another demi-god like fancy britches is?"

He sped up to Kylie, standing within swinging range (OOC he used his remaining 2 frames to catch her)

Up close he snarled "I don't know what your game is girl, but if you aren't going to use your powers to the full then that makes my job easier! I'm going to enjoy this!"

OOC 1d10=3 Kitten, 1d10=4 Bloodhound. He gets 1 frame to act, Kitten gets her four, then he gets three frames. He attacks... 1d20+2+7=11 Miss!, 2d6+10=17, 1d6=6

He swiped with dangerous looking claws, already drenched with the blood of the Hitler Youth... and Kylie watched as they came at her, seemingly in slow motion! She stepped aside, and pulled her own fist back!

Suddenly a voice in Kylies head said "He can sense the power you hold within you! Use the power! Annihilate him!"

OOC 4 frames to you Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sat Oct 16 2010, 18:02

Kylie was startled by the unfamiliar voice in her head. Maybe this was another side-effect from the coma. Anyway, it seemed like a good idea since it didn't seem that this Bloodhound was going to leave her alone otherwise.

OOC:
Frame 1: Martial Arts attack
Frame 2: Martial Arts attack
Frame 3: Martial Arts attack
Frame 4: Move away 14m

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 17 2010, 01:37

Kitten
Guest starring... Frostbite!

Kitten stepped up to the vile Nazi. His blood soaked grin taunted her, a challenge.

One she would rise to!

OOC 1d20+3+3+6=29 Hit, 2d6+6=11 Htc, 1d6=3 htk, 1d20+3+3+6=20 Hit, 2d6+6=13 Htc, 1d6=6 Htk, 1d20+3+3+6=21 Hit, 2d6+6=12 Htc, 1d6=2 Htk. Total 36htc, 11htk, reduced by Bloodhounds dividers (his tough skin, in other words.)

Thwack! Pow! Clud! Chok!

Kylie rammed a fist hard into Bloodhounds face, followed up by a knee to the groin and an elbow to the collarbone. the last one caused him to cry out and he sagged, clutching the painful area even as Kylie sped away to the end of the platform. The train pulled in alongside her now, the air rushing outwards from the confines of the tunnel. People on board the train, on their way home, reacted in alarm when they saw the blood drenched Nazi, the comatose Hitler Youth being dragged away, and the girl who moved almost faster than the eye could easily follow!

Suddenly Kitten turned. Something was coming from down the tunnel. "Relax. He is my brother. YOUR brother. He is here to help you, and you him." said the inner voice.

Back down the platform, Bloodhound coughed and laughed. "Ha! You hit like..." he reached to the broken collarbone, probing with his fingers for the bone itself. With a crack and a pop he set it right. "A girl!" He flexed his head side to side, and before Kylies eyes, the wounds she'd inflicted on his brutish face started to close. "Girl, you're in a heap of trouble. I suggest you..."

"HALT!" shouted the train guards as they tumbled out of the doors. Three of them, at separate points, armed with pistols! All trained on Bloodhound!

"Now just wait a minute you idiots!" he snarled moving forwards. "She's the one who..."

BANG! BANG BANG BANG! BANG BANG!

People screamed as the guns went off. Not all the shots hit but Kylie saw Bloodhound buck this way and that, blood splattering the floor and seeming to move in slow motion to her spectacular speed enhanced senses.

Bloodhound staggered, looked down at his coat, and snarled. "Now you got me mad..." His eyes started to glow, and the guards paled as their target started to bulge, changing. Muscles stretched the fabric, popping seams and hair coated the skin in a thick shaggy mane. In heartbeats he'd grown two feet and gained a hundred pounds in mass, and was still growing... changing... into some kind of ... Werewolf?

=========

Frostbite heard gunshots going off and quickened his pace. He flew through the train and out the side, emerging on the platform behind a young woman, and with Nazi guards down the middle of the platform, around 10m away. Beyond, around 15m away, a creature that reminded him very much of Kevin Hammil-Hope. In his time, known as the British Bulldog.

In this time? Possibly an evil, alternate version known as Bloodhound. And the 'hound was hungry indeed...

OOC Kylie/Kitten there's a newcomer behind you. You sensed him coming, and he looks like - well...

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 2cnjjvd

OOC I never could get everyone to agree on a standard, set uniform, and the artist among us (or at least, one of them - Kendal can knock out great sci fi pics) never set his pen to paper to draw his own character, leaving it down to me to contact a weird mish mash of styles Razz Anyway, Frostbite, Kitten, you're up. New round, 1d10=4 Vanguard, 1d10=2 Nazis. 1 Frame to you guys, then Bloodhounds four. He is 15m away.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 17 2010, 09:10

Frostbite!

"I'd have like to introduce myself more formally, but under the circumstances that isn't going to happen. My name is Frostbite, we are linked in more ways than one. But right now I've come to help you, first get away from this thing and to introduce you to some long lost friends, you might never have known you had."

Turning to the approaching enraged Bloodhound Frostbite added, "Ok we've got a doggy to train."

OOC: Going to hold my frame for combat response and let the beast act first.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sun Oct 17 2010, 15:53

Kylie didn't know if the new arrival was the same one that had been telepathically instructing her just moments ago, but she could really use the help right now from these 'friends that she didn't know that she had'.

"Be careful, he's faster than you might think!" Kylie warned, not knowing what Frostbite could do to help. She stood apart from him, not wanting to get in his way. However, if Bloodhound charged Frostbite, she was going to try to intercept him.

OOC: Holding action to see which one of us Bloodhound decides to go after first.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 17 2010, 22:50

Kitten
Guest starring... Frostbite!

OOC Frostbite is, I assume, still intangible...

Kitten! Issue #1 "Cats always land on their feet..." - Page 2 4uwge9

Having completed its transformation, the thing that towered over the stunned people in the station roared, a terrifying bestial sound that echoed through the tunnels of London, causing a number of patrons, men and women, on the train to faint and others to loosen their bowels, so frightening it was.

The bullet holes on the thing appeared to be closing before the Vanguardians' eyes. Frostbite noted that the thing must weight in excess of half a ton now, standing as it did near on eight feet tall, a fur covered engine of mindless destruction! The look in the eyes was pure animal. Clearly the Nazis hadn't quite known what it was they had on their hands with this one...

Though it registered snarling hate for Kylie and Frostbite, instead the thing turned to the nearest targets, its hunger requiring satiation! The Hitler Youth screamed as it turned on them, their stun batons appearing no more useful than twigs against a tank!

It sped across to where they dragged their half dead colleague away, barely slowing to swipe a claw clean through a young man, not much younger than Kylie. His body landed in two wet, dark places, the sound awful to behold. Another was scooped up, screaming, as the Bloodhound grabbed its victim, raised it to its slavering jaws then crunched down, head and all, biting through the neck in a gore splattered dark fountain. Tossing the body aside it grabbed for a third youth who screamed, clawing at the floor as civilians panicked, running this way and that. Bloodhound snapped at the odd civilian as they ran by, then wrenched, hard, on the youths leg it had snagged. With a scream the boy fell clear, his leg gone at the hip. He rolled onto his back in shock as the creature raised the leg to its mouth and looked over the panicking crowds a challenging stare to the Vanguardians!

The Subway guards tried to get a clear shot, but with too many civilians running to and fro in the way it was impossible. One turned to Frostbite, clearly some kind of Metahuman, though not wearing the Nazi uniform. (OOC this is in German. Kylie understands it fine, Frostbite would have to run it through a computer, but he gets the gist...) "Help them! Stop the creature! You're a hero! Do something!"

A hero of the Nazi state was quite a way removed from both Kylie and Frostbites' idea of heroism, but this was pure slaughter. Could they stand by, or leave, whilst this thing was tearing through normal people? Frostbite knew his task, his immediate goal, was bigger than this. If he fell here, if he were to be killed, then possibly all of reality would be doomed to this Nazi moulded future - and probably a fate worse than that. The Shadow Demons would see their opportunity and strike!

He looked back over at the Bloodhound. It was hard to see with the thing bowed, feeding, aside from the odd dark fountain spraying into the air!

Kylie was horrified, but the thing was no longer after her - could she leave whilst it fed, and continue with her own mission? And what of this newcomer? This stranger? Whose side was he really on?

OOC 4 frames each. There are quite a few people blocking the view to the creature now - no clear shot for Frostbite without going over there. Oh, and don't worry. You haven't stumbled into a game of Werewolf... the Apocalypse.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Mon Oct 18 2010, 04:56

"Look, I don't know what you can do to stop this thing, but I got to try to do something before it kills all of these people," Kylie confided to Frostbite. She didn't know what she could do either. If bullets weren't stopping it, she didn't think that punching or kick it was going to make much of a difference. What was it that was supposed to kill werewolves? she tried to remember the superstitions from her childhood stories. Garlic? Or did that only work for vampires?.... Silver?, she thought, though she didn't have any of that substance either.

I still have the dynamite, Kylie remembered. The only problem is she didn't really know how to use it, though she suspected that the confined space of the subway tunnels would probably mean that everyone would be caught in the blast, even if she didn't bring down the entire roof down on top of them. Maybe if she lured him outside...

OOC:
Frame 1: Leap over the crowd to get to Bloodhound (Attack if within range)
Frame 2: Martial Arts
Frame 3: More Martial Arts
Frame 4: Taunt Bloodhound into chasing her and leaping/running to the nearest exit

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Oct 18 2010, 07:25

Frostbite

Frostbite descended down further shocked by even what he saw. Fortunately not having eaten since they were in the mystic lands, he'd have nothing to bring up even though he had trouble fighting the gag reflex.

As much as he hated to hamper their question and their friends, at the same time it was the little things that defined you. Its what the Nazi's and SMITE forgot. In the quest to get to their destination, they often made a pretence of justice, the ends don't justify any means.

But before he could attack he saw the women, launch an attack, he too had noted the beasts powers of regeneration and wondered what martial arts was going to do against such a creature. But he couldn't wait, not that he was worried about the girl, rather he was worried about the dark force within and what it might do to protect the girl if things got really bad.

Propelling himself forward, Frostbite dropped his intangibility and divided from above at the creature, hoping to draw its attention away form the girl.

OOC: Fly into attack for a double fist hit - 1d20+1+2+6=22, Damage 2d6+6=[5, 2, 6] 13HTC, 1d6+5=[4, 5] 9HTK

Having got the creatures attention, Frostbite followed it up with two blast of frost manipulated air.

[OOC: Two quick blasts (4 points) for two lots of HTK, got to put this thing down. 2d6,2d6=[4, 5], [3, 6] - 18HTK] I think that will get its attention.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19 2010, 00:23

OOC Frostbite, your flight (1fr) then 2 handed attack (action) takes up 3fr. Still, effective strike.

Kitten
Guest starring...Frostbite!

Frostbite soared up, even as the young woman sped through the crowd as if they were statues, dodging and ducking to get to her foe! (OOC I changed it to this because the leap would've been messy and landing on top a civilian, the most likely outcome, painful for the civilian...If you really want the leap, we can try that but Kitten can't leap that far in any case...) In heartbeats she was stood in front of the creature which towered over her, drenched in dark gore and feeding on some hapless victims leg.

THWACK!

Distracted by the woman that had been a thorn in its side the creature was blindsided and clubbed over the head by Frostbites' ice hard fists. With a grunt it looked up at the newcomer - and was rewarded with a face full of frost! Shaking off the ice it swayed away from Kittens first strike, then 'oofed' as a kick to the thigh made it stagger!

OOC 1d20+3+3+6=14 Miss, 2d6+6=16, 1d6=1, 1d20+3+3+6=27 Hit, 2d6+6=13 Htc, 1d6=1 Htk

Finally Kylie added to the indignity by leaning in, slapping the thing across the nose, ducking its angry swipe, slapping it again on the nose only inches from its snapping jaws, and moving back, waving it on to chase her. Then she sped off!

OOC With dividers this thing didn't take too much damage - it's not a normal Nazi metahuman as you might have guessed, and Kittens guesses are nearer the mark than she thinks. Initiative 1d10=2 Heroes, 1d10=10 Bad guy

The mad thing that was Bloodhound bounded through the crowd scattering people with its bull like size. Kitten was far more agile and ducked, stopped, stepped and hopped her way through. Still, the thing caught up with her on the edge of the platform! In this form the creature was faster than it had been when in a more human like form, and despite the numerous human obstacles, didn't slow at all!

OOC 1d20+2+8=29 Hit, 2d6+10=16 Htk, 1d20+2+8=19 Hit, 2d6+10=18 Htk. Two successful strikes on Kitten. Her response? I expect she'd dodge, but the choice is yours... Then it's your four frames (or remaining frames in Kittens case) and the creatures remaining one.

<<The London Underground system operates on a voltage of 630V DC in your own timeline. It is reasonable to assume this system operates a similar current. An electrical current of that magnitude would not suffice to kill the creature, this unit surmises, but may well discourage it and save the lives of civilians. It appears to be extremely resistant to physical harm, as your blow did not register much impact judging from its reaction.>> said the computer inside Frostbites' head. He glanced at the creature. It teetered on the edge of the platform, lunging at the young woman! Whoever she was, she was incredibly brave!

OOC over to you...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Tue Oct 19 2010, 01:30

OOC: Kitten will be dodging. Is that one frame for each or does that cover them both?

Kylie gasped, fearing that she had underestimated the speed and power of the werewolf and now she was going to have to face the consequences by being torn limb from limb. Despite the contributions of Frostbite, it seemed that the creature was just too powerful. If this is the end, I want to go down fighting, the young woman thought as she remembered the sacrifices of her fellow countrymen as they tried to repel the Nazi menace over the years.

OOC: Keep on hitting him with martial arts and hope for the best.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next