The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

3 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Admin Wed Apr 21 2021, 10:04

MISS VICTORY
Dex 23 Body 15 Str 7 Jumping 9

The three people were relieved to see someone, anyone, helping out! The younger man gaped as he saw Miss V's acid tattered costume but whispered "I think they went into the bunker next to the science lab in the basement. When the evacuate alarm went off we got most people out but the green gas spread too fast. It caught up... ulp!"

The giant lizard creature turned and saw its prey!

Scooping the trio up Miss Victory left the rooftop with a mighty leap and towards distant trees. Above the howl of the wind the old lady screamed "Behind us!"

TWO of the giant lizard creatures had leapt from the ground and judging by their speed and trajectory were matching Miss Victory stride for stride! When she landed they would only be moments behind!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!"

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 21 2021, 12:39

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

He peered around the corner. The villains were taking more care now, down to a third of the hundreds of safe deposit boxes in this room...

OOC Wait for them to finish or strike? Anything you want to do about that information?

OOC: NO worries re GM balance, I strike to apprehend not kill anyway. I will wait a little longer, knowing what they are after I can probably find it faster than they could. But I'll hang on in case there is anything else about the plan or from the 'briefing' they give away. And then strike, time is a wasting and I am not getting any younger Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 22 2021, 16:20

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY
Dex 23 Body 15 Str 7 Jumping 9

The three people were relieved to see someone, anyone, helping out! The younger man gaped as he saw Miss V's acid tattered costume but whispered "I think they went into the bunker next to the science lab in the basement. When the evacuate alarm went off we got most people out but the green gas spread too fast. It caught up... ulp!"

The giant lizard creature turned and saw its prey!

Scooping the trio up Miss Victory left the rooftop with a mighty leap and towards distant trees. Above the howl of the wind the old lady screamed "Behind us!"

TWO of the giant lizard creatures had leapt from the ground and judging by their speed and trajectory were matching Miss Victory stride for stride! When she landed they would only be moments behind!

Actions:
After landing, shift to 23 Dex and 14 Mental Blast then go for both lizards devastating attack. Not sure how this power shifting works really. Can I go for 23 Dex for initiative and then before attacking switch it to 23 Mental Blast and 14 Dex? Or have to stick 23 Dex and 14 Mental Blast?

"Get down the road and I'll stop these overgrown Godzilla wannabes," Miss Victory orders the three.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27 2021, 12:36

LIONHEART

The hero kept quiet and listened as the sounds of tearing metal or hissing - as metal was transmuted into harmless gas like oxygen - signalled the opening of yet more Safe deposit boxes. They were being more careful now having first rushed and clearly the woman who was the brains of the pair had reminded the brute that destruction of the piece of paper and the information it held would be 'a bad thing'.

He risked a peek around the corner and saw them moving from box to box. The brute was messy and disorganised, the woman quite meticulous. Respectful even as she emptied some contents onto the floor in neat piles.

Then Lionhearts super hearing and danger sense picked up something else...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (17) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (12) +3 (to 12) vs RV8=success, danger imminent

Someone was heading to the lower level of the bank, presumably to check on the delay of the two in the vault! Here was Lionheart in the middle and nowhere even for his incredible stealth prowess to hide!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27 2021, 13:00

MISS VICTORY

OOC Allocate Power Reserve whenever you like then to change it in combat is a simple action (non move/non attack). You can change it twice in a combat round if you don't move, for example. So you could start with whatever, change Mind Blast to 23, attack, then change to Dex 23.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 8 Pow-res

So in this case dex is already at 23 (you win initiative) then you switch to mind blast (auto action) then attack (dice action) and switch back to Dex 23.

DEV ATTACK multi on 2 Mental Blast 23 + Accuracy 4D (0D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,11,10,7,1,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:38 (61) vs
OV8 + range 2 + Dev Attack 8 + multi 2 + 1D Acro (2D m Arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,12,4,+0 Total:22 (42) +6 (to 29) vs RV16 + Multi 2 - Dev Attack 12 (RV6)=23 RAPs. Both giant lizard guys are DOWN and OUT!

With a powerful mental zap Miss Victory sends both giants reeling backwards to crash to the ground! She winced as a vintage looking Mercedes was squished flat and part of the house was smashed through as a flailling arm crushed the walls! The insurance would have a field day with this!

The creatures didn't shrink when they were unconscious, which was odd. Miss Victory helped the three household staff to the ground and towards the front of the house where several vehicles still remained, though there was a slight delay as the keys were fished from a box in the entrance hallway.

Watching them go Miss Victory turned her attention to the giant creatures...

OOC Scholar (bio chemistry) Int 8 + 4 scholar + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (25) vs
OV7 + modifier 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (22) +2 (to Will 10)
Will 10 + 4 scholar (EV14) vs RV11=3 RAPs

1) These are alien creatures and not from the planet Earth.
2-3) They share many traits of reptiles and amphibians but something strange is going on. The wheezing of the creatures as they lie unconscious on the floor suggests their lungs are not compatible with Earths atmosphere. Furthermore they appear to have grown in response to their exposure to our atmosphere.

Further study may reveal more but Miss Victory glances about... she now counts... NINE giant lizard creatures, growing, stretching, expanding and proclaiming their rage to the world! All around them is the green mist and whilst Miss Victory does not have microscopic vision she suspects that the green mist is more than simply 'gas'...

OOC the nine giant reptile beasties are around 3-5 aps away (varies) and turning their attention to smashing stuff up in the grounds. One looks ready to leap, and given the size of it, that might be quite a distance!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 27 2021, 21:01

Admin wrote:LIONHEART

The hero kept quiet and listened as the sounds of tearing metal or hissing - as metal was transmuted into harmless gas like oxygen - signalled the opening of yet more Safe deposit boxes. They were being more careful now having first rushed and clearly the woman who was the brains of the pair had reminded the brute that destruction of the piece of paper and the information it held would be 'a bad thing'.

He risked a peek around the corner and saw them moving from box to box. The brute was messy and disorganised, the woman quite meticulous. Respectful even as she emptied some contents onto the floor in neat piles.

Then Lionhearts super hearing and danger sense picked up something else...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (17) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4  (12) +3 (to 12) vs RV8=success, danger imminent

Someone was heading to the lower level of the bank, presumably to check on the delay of the two in the vault! Here was Lionheart in the middle and nowhere even for his incredible stealth prowess to hide!

OOC: Is there any obvious places to duck into and hide? I'm guessing not. So if that is the case I will go for the free attack on the big guy, Devastating attack as planned before with Mental blast and see if I can take him out before I have all three on me, then when I go for the round assuming I win initiative I'll do Dev mind attack on the woman as well. Might not get two for two, but hopefully can get some leverage before I am overwhelmed with numbers.

Lionheart looked around, he knew the layout from the moment he stepped into it, but now he searched in case there was a place to hide and retain the element of surprise. If not then it looked as if it was time to see what he could do to end this before it could get any more ugly. And end it fast. He still had an appointment to catch up on, and this was becoming a serious side trip to his main mission.

Still, it would be worth it if in some way he could get the jump on Nexus, he still was without his glove, that was a factor worth knowing and if Lionheart, somehow could get it keeping him out of the picture potentially might be a point for the home team. But there was still a lot of if's and buts to get past yet.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 27 2021, 23:51

ooc:  I'm feeling a bit lucky after rolling doubles and having Accuracy with the power so Miss V is going to attempt to blast 5 or 6 of them with a devastating attack. I think the minus is the same for both 5 and 6. If not, go for 5.  The one that looks like he is going to jump is in the ones she chooses to attack, getting in close to remove range penalties, switching powers around as before since that seems pretty effective.

And now I know why you kept saying she could beat Thor, since I didn't really comprehend all these power switching allowed each round.

"Get going," Miss Victory encourages the three.  "I will try to stop these alien invaders and see if anyone is still alive in the bunker."

OOC Allocate Power Reserve whenever you like then to change it in combat is a simple action (non move/non attack). You can change it twice in a combat round if you don't move, for example. So you could start with whatever, change Mind Blast to 23, attack, then change to Dex 23.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 8 Pow-res

So in this case dex is already at 23 (you win initiative) then you switch to mind blast (auto action) then attack (dice action) and switch back to Dex 23.

DEV ATTACK multi on 2 Mental Blast 23 + Accuracy 4D (0D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,11,10,7,1,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:38 (61) vs
OV8 + range 2 + Dev Attack 8 + multi 2 + 1D Acro (2D m Arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,12,4,+0 Total:22 (42) +6 (to 29) vs RV16 + Multi 2 - Dev Attack 12 (RV6)=23 RAPs. Both giant lizard guys are DOWN and OUT!

With a powerful mental zap Miss Victory sends both giants reeling backwards to crash to the ground! She winced as a vintage looking Mercedes was squished flat and part of the house was smashed through as a flailling arm crushed the walls! The insurance would have a field day with this!

The creatures didn't shrink when they were unconscious, which was odd. Miss Victory helped the three household staff to the ground and towards the front of the house where several vehicles still remained, though there was a slight delay as the keys were fished from a box in the entrance hallway.

Watching them go Miss Victory turned her attention to the giant creatures...

OOC Scholar (bio chemistry) Int 8 + 4 scholar + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (25) vs
OV7 + modifier 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (22) +2 (to Will 10)
Will 10 + 4 scholar (EV14) vs RV11=3 RAPs

1) These are alien creatures and not from the planet Earth.
2-3) They share many traits of reptiles and amphibians but something strange is going on. The wheezing of the creatures as they lie unconscious on the floor suggests their lungs are not compatible with Earths atmosphere. Furthermore they appear to have grown in response to their exposure to our atmosphere.

Further study may reveal more but Miss Victory glances about... she now counts... NINE giant lizard creatures, growing, stretching, expanding and proclaiming their rage to the world! All around them is the green mist and whilst Miss Victory does not have microscopic vision she suspects that the green mist is more than simply 'gas'...

OOC the nine giant reptile beasties are around 3-5 aps away (varies) and turning their attention to smashing stuff up in the grounds. One looks ready to leap, and given the size of it, that might be quite a distance!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 29 2021, 21:35

LIONHEART

Lionheart glanced about. He was in an area that was a caged off outer room to the vault.

Normally in here a guard would be sat on a chair during business hours and unlock the thick barred doors for someone from the bank to come in with a customer and have a key to be inserted into a 'you and me at the same time, now turn!' type setup with the bank employee to grant access to the vault.

Outside was a corridor with nowhere to hide that led to stairs at the end that led to the bank - down which someone was coming!

There was nothing to hide behind as such. He could hope that the goon coming in didn't look up and hug the ceiling or... He glanced up.

Lionheart, since his 'boost' when he merged with Saladin, was faster than ever before. He'd achieved his full potential in effect and gone beyond any dreams that Claude Bentham and Damon Trowers may have had when they tried to create their own 'ultrahuman army' or grant themselves staggering sueprhuman abilities.

He glanced up at the ceiling. Might it be possible to... vibrate his body, his molecules even, through the solid floor and pass into the bank above? He'd never tried such a thing and he might be better off just battering these goons into submission or... or if he went upstairs, disposed of however many goons were left up there and got the hostages out, then he could take care of the three down here with them having nowhere to go...?

OOC I think the old Marvel Superheroes game had Power Stunts or something similar. You'd describe the effect, make a roll and need a yellow or red feat roll if I recall. Something like that. It's been a long, long time since that was our groups go to game (not just supers game, it took over from D&D for a while) so the details are sketchy in my head.

Anyway, this game has 'power tricks'.

How it works:

The power being used (26APs of Superspeed) would be vs (in this case) an Ov/Rv of 12 (the Factor cost of Dispersal (phasing) x2). RAPs achieved would be the number of potential points of Dispersal you can call on.

This would cost you 50HP (5 x base cost of 10 for the power) and 1 HP for every Ap you use.

Example: Lionheart rolls 14 for a total of 40. GM rolls 11 for a total of 23. That gives +6 Effect value (from 26 to 32) vs RV12=20 RAPs. Lionheart could (if he wanted) then use 20APs of Dispersal for one round for a cost of 50+20=70HP

All that crunchy gobbledigook means that someone as fast as Lionheart - or the Flash - can do this sort of thing in his sleep, it just costs a pile of HP.

You have 71HP remaining. Your call. If you hug the ceiling whoever comes in may very well find you - it's hard to miss someone floating flat against the ceiling I guess...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 29 2021, 22:30

MISS VICTORY

OOC Yeah... I forgot I was supposed to run a Miss V beats Thor up sample fight. Just had a look. Can't see any way Miss V doesn't win. If Thor has a pile of Hp to access the hammer's power (Omni power to add power reserve and boost Dex, say) he's still at only 17 Dex. He would burn through a pile of HP in a few rounds then it comes down to who is the most accurate (Miss V with 23 Mental Blast), most agile (Miss V with 23 Dex) and who is toughest (Miss V with 29). HOWEVER, if Thor gets the drop on Miss V (Initiative, not possible if she boosts to Dex 23) he has a tiny chance (Weather Control 24 boosted by 10 AP Omni Power to 34 with Air Control or Lightning Bolts then things get a bit tricky for Miss V)

Generally though, Miss V wins initiative, starts pounding on Thor, stuns him, he burns through his HP and two or three rounds of reeling about later he goes down. And Miss V might well be worthy enough to lift that hammer.

Dev Attack Multi on 8 (range is 5-8) Mental Blast 23 + Accuracy 4d + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,12,11,10,1,5,+0 Total:23 (46) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + Multi 6 + range 4 (she flies in the middle of the furthest apart to blast) + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,1,5,+0 Total:16 (42) +3 (to 26) vs RV16 + Multi 6 - Dev Att 12 (RV10)=16 RAPs.

All eight targets GO DOWN!

Leaping to be in the middle of the group (as best as she could figure) Miss Victory blasts with her powerful mental bolt in a circle, smashing every target backwards and in a giant lizard shaped heap!

The last giant lizard gapes then turns, leaping into the air, and even with its great mass and height it becomes a dot in the sky, heading towards Manhattan!

Miss Victory is about to take off when she smells something else... gas... and all about this place... stray fires burning...

She glanced at the dot in the sky... then back at the house. The trio of house staff were scrambling to a car and abouut to start it...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 01 2021, 17:24

Admin wrote:You have 71HP remaining. Your call. If you hug the ceiling whoever comes in may very well find you - it's hard to miss someone floating flat against the ceiling I guess...[/i][/color]

OOC: I didn't know about that about Power Stunts, which may be useful as a last-ditch type of thing or creative use of existing power. But for now, I've decided to go with the attack I mentioned in my previous post. So Dev attack with mind blast on this surprise round on the brute, please allocate the power reserve pool as appropriate so I don't go for kill but do go for a knockout. And then with the actual round, I attack the woman the same way and try and get her down and out or at least knocked back so I can try and face whoever is descending.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 02 2021, 19:03

OOC: all kind of goes down to dice and that's how it goes in this game. If Miss V rolls low or 1s and 2s and Thor rolls high or high doubles, it's probably his game.

Miss Victory needs to move the gas away from everyone and from the bomb shelter if she is going to rescue her husband and any other survivors trapped in there. An explosion might help with burning off this gas cloud from another reality or planet, she not being sure if they are from another planet or another dimension, but she needs to make sure it doesn't harm the three about to flee the place. She looks around for a tree with a large canopy, dashes over and rips it out of the ground [shifting points to strength] then leaps behind the trio placing herself between the gas and the car and then begins swinging the tree back and forth, trying to create a breeze that will blow the alien gas away from the three and hopes she can blow it away far enough that if it does blow it won't hurt the trio.

OOC Yeah... I forgot I was supposed to run a Miss V beats Thor up sample fight. Just had a look. Can't see any way Miss V doesn't win. If Thor has a pile of Hp to access the hammer's power (Omni power to add power reserve and boost Dex, say) he's still at only 17 Dex. He would burn through a pile of HP in a few rounds then it comes down to who is the most accurate (Miss V with 23 Mental Blast), most agile (Miss V with 23 Dex) and who is toughest (Miss V with 29). HOWEVER, if Thor gets the drop on Miss V (Initiative, not possible if she boosts to Dex 23) he has a tiny chance (Weather Control 24 boosted by 10 AP Omni Power to 34 with Air Control or Lightning Bolts then things get a bit tricky for Miss V)

Generally though, Miss V wins initiative, starts pounding on Thor, stuns him, he burns through his HP and two or three rounds of reeling about later he goes down. And Miss V might well be worthy enough to lift that hammer.

Dev Attack Multi on 8 (range is 5-Cool Mental Blast 23 + Accuracy 4d + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,12,11,10,1,5,+0 Total:23 (46) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + Multi 6 + range 4 (she flies in the middle of the furthest apart to blast) + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,1,5,+0 Total:16 (42) +3 (to 26) vs RV16 + Multi 6 - Dev Att 12 (RV10)=16 RAPs.

All eight targets GO DOWN!

Leaping to be in the middle of the group (as best as she could figure) Miss Victory blasts with her powerful mental bolt in a circle, smashing every target backwards and in a giant lizard shaped heap!

The last giant lizard gapes then turns, leaping into the air, and even with its great mass and height it becomes a dot in the sky, heading towards Manhattan!

Miss Victory is about to take off when she smells something else... gas... and all about this place... stray fires burning...

She glanced at the dot in the sky... then back at the house. The trio of house staff were scrambling to a car and abouut to start it...
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 03 2021, 15:42

LIONHEART

OOC Trying to use your powers in 'logical' (as much as can be applied in an RPG about people throwing cars about and blasting lasers from their eyes) fashion and extending their use is always worth thinking about if you are in a bind. However in the case of the situation right now I would recommend a Critical Blow and a multi attack on both targets in the safe deposit vault. No need to switch power reserve around, so it can stay on the default for Superspeed.

Mind Blast 15 + accuracy 4d + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,11,6,11,8,10,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:34 (49) vs
Highest Ov9 + range 2 - surprise 4 + crit blow 4 + multi 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,3,+0 Total:12 (25) +7 (to 22)
22EV vs Highest RV9 + multi 2 - crit blow 6 (RV5)=17RAPs. Both targets are DOWN and OUT!

Popping his head around the corner Lionhearts eyes glows and the energy 'lion' leaps from him to maul both targets who drop to the floor without much drama! The big man shrinks dramatically as the power which grants him super density 'turns off' and the woman slumps into a heap. Lionheart knows if he'd wanted to, he could have hit harder and killed them, but he was a cop, not a killer.

Cop. Ha! Not for years. He was a superhero, which sometimes made him chuckle but the fact was he used his superhuman abilities to beat the kind of opponents who ignored bullets and laughed in the face of law and order. He wondered if the original remit of the Psi Corp in the 22nd Century even existed any more. ADVENT had made a mess of history he suspected but all he could deal with was the here and now. Despite his power and speed he couldn't travel forwards or backwards in time under his own power.

Or could he? The thought made him shiver.

Anyway, both targets were down in the safe desposit vault room.

"Yo!" called a voice. Sounded hispanic. "You idiots found what we lookin fer yet? The cops outside are calling out dat the Ultrahumans are on da case an dat they are comin fer us. Jackson told em ta shove it an unless dey want hostages comin' out in bits dey need ta back off. He dislocated the arm o that super kid that charged in here ta show he was serious. Dey got the message."

Lionheart winced. Without a reply the guy coming down the stairs would suspect - or know - that something was wrong!

OOC However, in any version of how this is going to go, Lionheart wins initiative and acts first...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 03 2021, 16:03

MISS VICTORY

Grabbing up a large makeshift 'fan' Miss Victory tears the tree up without issue (OOC I'm not going to bother rolling. if this guy doesn't break a sweat then Miss Victory isn't going to either...)

The Ultrahumans! Issue #2 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "World under siege!" - Page 8 Superman

With a tree in hands Miss Victory sweeps it from side to side in amongst the creeping green mist and despite its seeming sentience it can't compete with a tree being swiped through it!

The trio of household staff scramble across the driveway around the wreckage from the house and clamber into an SUV before setting off with a spin of tyres and off down the road!

Miss Victory tosses the tree aside and looks at the green gas. She'd need to get it under a microscope to see what she was dealing with but she'd bet real hard cash that it was something almost 'alive' with a sinister hive mind behind it that wanted to direct its progress towards living flesh! With her vita energy directed to her durability (and in doing so making her immune to pretty much any muntions short of a multi megaton nuclear explosion) she suspected she could scoop some of the stuff up and it wouldn't eat through her skin.

However the problem remained of her husband and his friend somewhere in this smashed up mansion. She hoped they were still alive. She HAD to believe they were still alive, otherwise... otherwise...

Steeling herself she looked about. The mansion itself was smashed up in so many places but ... hmmm. The guy who owned this place was even richer than she was and she suspected that the bulk of the scientific facilities would not be in the house itself but an out building or... she glanced at the ground...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 03 2021, 22:13

"Three problems," Miss Victory says to herself. "One, find my husband and any other survivors. Two, stop this gas which means a working lab. Three, go after giant lizard and stop him. Oh! Problem 4! Get back in time to save the President!"

"So work on problem one, find husband and others and rescue them. Now where is the bomb shelter that they hopefully took refuge in? I know it's here somewhere but the smash mansion makes it hard to orient myself."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 04 2021, 12:06

OOC int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,8,+0 Total:20 (28) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (10) +6 (to 14 Will)
14EV vs RV6=8 RAPs

1) Miss Victory looks around the place and comes up with: outbuildings, the main mansion/house or the labs are somewhere off site or hidden in the woods on the grounds.
2-3) There will be an entrance from the main house, for sure. That means some kind of stairwell or lift and that probably means...
4-6) The lab is underground. The multi millionaire who commissioned this place was a genius. Though it looks like an old well established home it was made with modern materials and processes. Miss Victory could simply 'smash' through the ground/soil on which she stood or she could go back into the house to find the entrance.
7-10) Looking at the lie of the land, the elevation, the age of the trees and their location, she figures that the house houses an entrance to a tunnel which goes under what appears to be the lake and a small copse of woods. To the untrained eye there is a house, woodlands and estate and not much else here. The real value will be what lies underground which will double as a bomb shelter no doubt.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 04 2021, 13:46

"Hmmm ... I don't want to smash through to the shelter," Miss Victory says to herself as she "blows" more of the gas away. "This killer fog would go right in and kill whoever is inside. Maybe I should allow it to explode and then go inside. But what about these giant lizards? They looked like they were having breathing our air, are they still alive?"

She goes to check the lizards.

actions: Now that the other 3 people are away, she will either chuck the lizards away from the house if they are still alive or let them stay where they are if they are dead. Then grab up a burning torch or something burning and chuck it at the "fog" to see if it will explode and solve that problem for her. Standing back a distance before doing so.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 04 2021, 17:59

Admin wrote:"Yo!" called a voice. Sounded hispanic. "You idiots found what we lookin fer yet? The cops outside are calling out dat the Ultrahumans are on da case an dat they are comin fer us. Jackson told em ta shove it an unless dey want hostages comin' out in bits dey need ta back off. He dislocated the arm o that super kid that charged in here ta show he was serious. Dey got the message."

Lionheart winced. Without a reply the guy coming down the stairs would suspect - or know - that something was wrong!

OOC However, in any version of how this is going to go, Lionheart wins initiative and acts first...

OOC: I appreciate the fact that you took what I said and applied the best solution not the word for word solution. Not having the finesse to know what is best in a given situation I appreciate critical and multi-attack would be better, but I'd never have thought of that. I am not always up on tactics - especially when I am deep in work and breaking off for a few minutes to write a reply Very Happy

Lionheart would like to have dearly found the piece of paper they were looking for, perhaps he'd yet have time - but not before he had sorted out the needs of the group up above. Knowing that speed now would be a factor, he decided taking down the goon on the stairs would be his priority, followed by a speedy attack on those covering the hostages above. It would all come down to speed.

OOC: OK so going to use my directional hearing and other abilities to hone in on this guy, and prepare to attack him with Mental Blast again, so that I can get the drop on him as before. Dev attack unless I need to update that depending on what I see when I catch up to him. If I get him then its on to the next guys, aiming to go for those covering the hostages which may mean Crit as before and multi-attack.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06 2021, 10:48

MISS VICTORY

Examining the downed (and normal - six feet or so and still shrinking) size lizards Miss Victory tried to figure out what was going on...

OOC int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (17) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:8 (14)
+2 (to 10 EV) vs RV6=4 RAPs

1) The creatures are dying from asphyxiation.
2-3) Their breathing is becoming more and more laboured with every passing second. At their full height of sixty to eighty feet their lungs will be so massive that they can just about process enough gas from the atmosphere to last a little longer. Maybe... Miss V figures about an hour, tops. Still, that's an hour in which a giant lizard creature can do a lot of damage to people and property!
4-6) They are still shrinking, and that suggests they are a naturally microscopic size and somehow when they enter this world they grow dramatically to what would be for them greater than planet size, still pretty big for Earth too! That... 'green mist' may in fact be hordes - trillions - of these creatures that somehow do not adapt fast enough to breathe the atmosphere and mutate to grow. Or perhaps - she grimaces - they feed on not only humans but each other and their ultra evolution requires a constant source of food to enhance their growth. In any case...

Miss Victory fans the green mist and sees more and more of it slopping onto the ground as green sludge, knowing that it is the dead or dying biomass of countless - more than billions probably - of these creatures who have tried to advance through the evolutionary process to become what is to them mega sized creatures in this world that otherwise would fit a town's worth on a pinhead!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06 2021, 10:58

LIONHEART

Listening for the guy coming down the stairs Lionheart sped around the corner, a blur and a deadly one at that! Unleashing his Mind Blast at the orange suited goon he hoped to put another down and leave only two upstairs!

OOC Dev Attack Mind Blast 15 + Accuracy 4d + Roll(6d12)+0: 12,4,7,12,7,7,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:33 (48) vs
Ov10 + Dev Attack 8 - surprise 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (27)
+6 (to 21EV) vs RV20 - Dev Attack 12=9 RAPs. Bad guy is on Mind 1/10

Zeeeeap!

The guy staggers, reeling but Lionheart is slightly frustrated. Though he couldn't be sure it seems the fellow has mind shields in place much like Lionhearts own and his mental attack might not be the best way to put him down!

OOC Lionheart wins initiative and ...

Dev Attack AV26 + 5D M Arts + Roll(7d12)+0: 6,12,1,10,6,2,3,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:21 (47) vs
OV8 + Acrobatics 2D + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,3,5,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total:18 (34)
+5 (to 19) vs RV20 - Dev Attack 12 (RV8)=11 RAPs. The guy is DOWN and OUT!

Delivering hundreds of super strength blows to the bad guy Lionheart feels some resistance as the fellows mental shields also stretch to the physical too! Despite that he feels them crumble and the guy falls back against the stairs, quite unconscious!

A glance up the stairs to the bank and waiting for a few seconds... nothing in the way of the alarm being raised yet! Still, no real idea to tell how long these guys would stay down. If they were like him it might only be a few seconds!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 06 2021, 13:00

Admin wrote:A glance up the stairs to the bank and waiting for a few seconds... nothing in the way of the alarm being raised yet! Still, no real idea to tell how long these guys would stay down. If they were like him it might only be a few seconds!

Moving without the need to overthink it, Lionheart grabbed all three downed prisoners and ran them out the back to the police outside somewhere out of sight of the bank. With a brief explanation and a warning not to take their eye of them, he sped back inside.

Resuming his position back where he was moments before he floated up the stairs now, somewhere near the ceiling so that he had the advantage of height, rising slowly so that he could use his ultra-fine senses to give him the edge on what was going on, and where it was going on. He was ready to move, either with mind or melee attack depending on what he saw as he rose up to look through onto the next level.

OOC: I have to say this is a lot easier than the situation Frostbite is in. I am stumped.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06 2021, 21:55

LIONHEART

Scooping up the trio of downed villains with telekinesis Lionheart raced outside and deposited them at the back of the SWAT van. Naturally, twitchy cops pulled guns and started shouting but a few seconds later Sergeant Casey rushed over "Guys, stand down! He's one of the good guys. Ultrahuman."

"Ultra...? I don't recognise him. My kid buys all the comics and dvds, costs me a damn..."

"He's a new guy, and he's on the level. We called through via radio and someone checked via landline. Lionheart, a limey but he's one of ours now. I say we could use all the help we can get cause these scumbags..." he tapped an orange suited super criminal on the arm with his foot "laugh at bullets."

The criminals were powerful, but Lionheart was quite a few levels of power higher than them - they just weren't in his league. The problem was that whilst he could take them down (it seemed) there were still hostages in the bank and they might be caught in the crossfire...

He turned to leave and Casey called out "Hey! Hey man. Thanks for this. Go get 'em." he said with a thumbs up.

Vanishing in a blur Lionheart entered the bank through the locked back door again. With his astonishing manual dexterity, world class thieving skills and ultra speed it was pretty much a cinch to get back in. Closing the reinforced door behind him quietly he moved quietly through the lower floor and up the stairs, listening...

"...happening out there. The cops look... I dunno."

"What? Let me... keep an eye on them."

"YOU LOT! STAY DOWN OR YOU DIE! KAPEESH!" roared the first voice.

Lionheart didn't have to use his Empathy ability to know there was a room full of terrified hostages in the bank!

"What the ****? That looked like Morales! What the... They were dumping him in the back of that SWAT van!"

"That can't be right! He went downstairs just a minute ago..."

"Something's going on! Grab a coupe of the hostages!"

Uh oh!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 07 2021, 23:34

Miss Victory tries to blow/brush away the fog and goo wwith the tree to open a safe path to the underground lab/bunker. Once she finds it, [and I assume it is some kind of metal vault-like door] and feels it is safe for it to open up, she will rap out "V" for Victory in Morse code. 3 short, 1 long [Or music-wise: Dah, Dah, Dah, DAAAH!]
Which should clue those inside that its safe to come out. She has no intention of ripping it open unless there is no other alternative.

Examining the downed (and normal - six feet or so and still shrinking) size lizards Miss Victory tried to figure out what was going on...

OOC int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (17) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:8 (14)
+2 (to 10 EV) vs RV6=4 RAPs

1) The creatures are dying from asphyxiation.
2-3) Their breathing is becoming more and more laboured with every passing second. At their full height of sixty to eighty feet their lungs will be so massive that they can just about process enough gas from the atmosphere to last a little longer. Maybe... Miss V figures about an hour, tops. Still, that's an hour in which a giant lizard creature can do a lot of damage to people and property!
4-6) They are still shrinking, and that suggests they are a naturally microscopic size and somehow when they enter this world they grow dramatically to what would be for them greater than planet size, still pretty big for Earth too! That... 'green mist' may in fact be hordes - trillions - of these creatures that somehow do not adapt fast enough to breathe the atmosphere and mutate to grow. Or perhaps - she grimaces - they feed on not only humans but each other and their ultra evolution requires a constant source of food to enhance their growth. In any case...

Miss Victory fans the green mist and sees more and more of it slopping onto the ground as green sludge, knowing that it is the dead or dying biomass of countless - more than billions probably - of these creatures who have tried to advance through the evolutionary process to become what is to them mega sized creatures in this world that otherwise would fit a town's worth on a pinhead!

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12 2021, 09:51

MISS VICTORY

Continuing to waft/wave away the green mist (which was actually billions if not trillions of microscopic lizard like aliens) Miss Victory moves through the house, down stairs and into the pantry after some searching. Knowing the lab was underground made the search logical and quite easy for the most part. Anyone who didn't know it was here wouldn't know to slide away a rack of packet foods to reveal a solid looking reinforced alloy door with retinal and other scanners. She had no doubt she could tear it off but a glance at the green sludge coating everywhere - walls, floors, even the ceiling - revealed occasional bubbles as some of them evolved to breathe air but not quite far enough.

Tapping/rapping out the morse code for 'V' several times, increasing the force to make it loud - and wincing as she dented the vault like door - Miss Victory waited. In theory these creatures would not last long on Earth. Even the ones that grew had evolved to live only a short time. That said a giant lizard creature running amok in the city would cause a LOT of damage before it was stopped!

Suddenly a hissing sound rang out and the door opened a crack, then more.

A large pistol of custom design poked out in the gap and pointed in Miss Victory's face!

Then the door opened further and her husband stepped out, looking around!

"V..." he started, then glanced behind before adjusting his speech. "For Victory! Miss Victory! We're saved!"

His friend the scientist who owned this place stepped out, rubbing his cracked glasses as he peered about. Clark Wylde strategically placed himself in between his wife and his friend. "It's one of the Ultrahumans Johanson! Although... maybe she needs to cover up a little." he said, raising an eyebrow. "It's good to see that corrosive green mist didn't affect you but it's not corrosive at all! It's actually a sentient mass made of an invading alien species! What's worse... they evolve at an unbelievable rate! If we don't close the gateway they will continue to come through and evolve, eventually being able to breathe air and pour through in their billions!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 12 2021, 18:03

Admin wrote:"Something's going on! Grab a coupe of the hostages!" Uh oh!

OOC: Hmm I thought I replied to this, oh well!

Lionheart didn't have time for subtly and hoped that his superior speed could mean he could interject himself between the villain and the hostages he was going to grab.

OOC: OK go around and in between no time for subtly, as soon as I got a line of sight Devastating attack Mind Blast on whomever that villain is going for them and stand my ground acting as a human shield.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 13 2021, 14:56

"SOMEONE," Miss Victory says, emphasizing the first word, "really needs to design me a costume that's a lot more durable against many kinds of damage."

She smiles.

"Is it just you two down here or ...? I managed to get three others to safety but a few had died before I arrived. These things can't breathe our air so are dying but they are also trying to adapt to survive. Now, where is this opening to their gateway and how do we close it off?"

"Also one of them has grown to giant size and last I saw was leaping away towards New York like he was Godzilla and needed to flatten a big city."

:Occ so we need to find the gateway, close it, go stop a giant lizard from stomping on New York City, go back home and change ... again, then go rescue the President. Have I got that listed right? pirat

Continuing to waft/wave away the green mist (which was actually billions if not trillions of microscopic lizard like aliens) Miss Victory moves through the house, down stairs and into the pantry after some searching. Knowing the lab was underground made the search logical and quite easy for the most part. Anyone who didn't know it was here wouldn't know to slide away a rack of packet foods to reveal a solid looking reinforced alloy door with retinal and other scanners. She had no doubt she could tear it off but a glance at the green sludge coating everywhere - walls, floors, even the ceiling - revealed occasional bubbles as some of them evolved to breathe air but not quite far enough.

Tapping/rapping out the morse code for 'V' several times, increasing the force to make it loud - and wincing as she dented the vault like door - Miss Victory waited. In theory these creatures would not last long on Earth. Even the ones that grew had evolved to live only a short time. That said a giant lizard creature running amok in the city would cause a LOT of damage before it was stopped!

Suddenly a hissing sound rang out and the door opened a crack, then more.

A large pistol of custom design poked out in the gap and pointed in Miss Victory's face!

Then the door opened further and her husband stepped out, looking around!

"V..." he started, then glanced behind before adjusting his speech. "For Victory! Miss Victory! We're saved!"

His friend the scientist who owned this place stepped out, rubbing his cracked glasses as he peered about. Clark Wylde strategically placed himself in between his wife and his friend. "It's one of the Ultrahumans Johanson! Although... maybe she needs to cover up a little." he said, raising an eyebrow. "It's good to see that corrosive green mist didn't affect you but it's not corrosive at all! It's actually a sentient mass made of an invading alien species! What's worse... they evolve at an unbelievable rate! If we don't close the gateway they will continue to come through and evolve, eventually being able to breathe air and pour through in their billions!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next