The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16 2020, 10:04

Delaying until Wonder Man can get in place he sees two of the soldiers leap - one at Prof Wynde himself and the other at Wonder Man!

OOC Wolf leaps at you!

Av10 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,11,1,7,4,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (24)
+3 (to 16 EV) vs RV10 (Amulet)=6RAPs. Prof Wynde is on 4/10 Body (supplied by the amulet. If he takes it off he keels over). Want to absorb any?

A powerful slash rakes across Prof Wyndes chest as the wolf man lands in a crouch, looking up and snarling at his foe who he knows he has wounded!

Wonder Man, meanwhile, faces off against a faster and even fiercer opponent!

OOC Av11 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,4,3,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
11,6,+0 Total:57 (! Gulp!) (68) vs
OV12 + 3D Acro (0D M Arts) + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,12,8,12,1,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (boom!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:43 (55)
+5 (to 20) vs RV15=5 RAPs. Wonder Man is on Body 7/12

Wonder Man staggers "Arggh! Prof! Watch out! Their claws are sharper than ANY razor!!!" he cries.

Prof Wynde swoops to within ten feet of his foe (seeing as they can leap quite a distance anyway) and blasts at point blank range with his magic blast!

Wonder Man leaps over to the Wolf totem soldier and attempts to grab the totem around his neck or batter his foe!

OOC Team Attack Crit Blow Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (32) vs
OV8 + Crit Blow 4 - Team attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:15 (25)
+4 (to 15 EV) vs RV9 - 6 CB (RV3)=12 RAPs. The Wolf Man is DOWN and OUT!

"Nothing to do again! You take em down on your own Prof, I'll try n hold em off!" said Wonder Man.

The Wolverine totem man seems to swell in size and width!

OOC Adren Surge Multi on four 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,9,+0 Total:10 (24) vs
OV8 + Multi 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (23)
+1 (to 15) vs OV8 + Multi 4 (RV12)=3 RAPs. Boosts the following to:
Dex 11 (8) Str 8 (5) Claws 11 (8) Kinetic Absorption 11 (8)

The Wolverine man leaps at Wonder Man who yelps "Yow! This one seems crazy!"

OOC CRIT BLOW Av11 + 4D Weaponry + Roll(6d12)+0: 10,11,8,1,7,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:41 (52) vs
OV12 + 3D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,9,5,2,7,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:28 (40)
+5 (to 16) vs RV15 - 6 Crit Blow (RV9)=7 RAPs. Wonder Man absorbs 1 damage and is on body 1/12 and is STUNNED

Wonder Man goes down in a flurry of snarling and hand slashing!

"Yarrrrggghhh!" he cries.

Wonder Man drunkenly rises and mutters "I'm not down yet... ya Nazi Stooge!" he mumbles.

Prof Wynde sees his friend is in a bad way and when the Tiger runs over to punch at Wonder Man, figures that this battle may not got the way he hoped!

OOC Some crazy dice rolls on both sides, lots of doubles..

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Italy-battle

The tiger attacks Wonder Man whilst hissing "VIVO!" to the Wolverine Soldier!

Av11+3D M Arts (0D Acro)+ Roll(5d12)+0: 4,2,10,9,2,+0 Total:19 (30) vs
OV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:21 (33) Attack Missed!

Reeling, rolling, more like falling to the side, still Wonder Man retained fabulous beyond human reflexes that managed to help him avoid the slashing blow!

Prof Wynde had two targets, his friend was unable to attack, this was going down to the wire!

OOC you're up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 16 2020, 19:37

Not sure how much if any HP I have left. But if I have enough, absorb 3 Body worth.

Multi-attack the two remaining foes, crit blow, magic blast.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17 2020, 11:02

OOC You were on 1 HP, now Zero. Body 1/6 or 5/10 with the Amulet.

Multi on two Crit Blow Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:19 (30) vs
Highest OV7 + Crit Blow 4 + Multi 2 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (22) Hit
+4 (to 15) vs Highest RV9 + Multi 2 - Crit blow 6 (RV5)=10 RAPs. Both combatants are DOWN and OUT!

With a powerful and accurate magic blast Prof Wynde drops both targets and sags back in relief!

Wonder Man stumbles over to them both, fishing about for the totem before tossing them into a pile at Prof Wyndes' feet. "All damaged or broken. We can't use them I guess?" said Wonder Man, flopping to sit next to Prof Wynde. "Once more you save the day Prof. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't go back to that Yogi in the mountains and ask for a refund. Mind you, if we go back now won't I be a stone statue? That'll confuse him!"

"What's next?" he stood wearily. "This lot won't be following us but that robed guy is out there somewhere and we still need to make tracks to the nazis secret aircraft base. He may even know we clobbered his goons, might be watching us even now..." he said, looking around... and up.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 17 2020, 12:03

"Couldn't have taken them on my own, team effort," Prof. Wynde pants trying to get his breath back.

Quick Magic Detection.

"And Sorcerer is ..."
depending on roll

"over there"
"can't sense him"
"Can't sense him, do you see him?"

[if negative]
"Guess we keep going. Let me collect these amulets first, might be useful for us or them someday."

[if positive]
"Got another fight on our hands."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18 2020, 10:49

OOC He's out of range, you can spend all week looking for him and he'd not be pinged.

After some minutes Wonder Man had been nibbling on supplies and pulling a face (OOC can't imagine Army food was great in 1940) he looked up. "Any luck?"

Prof Wynde shook his head and the American hero shrugged. "That will be a fight for another day. We need to crack on, get to that airbase and take it out somehow before more long range planes can take off. Still boggles the mind that a plane can cover such a distance. Mind you I apparently flew 12 hours once..."

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Flight-1938

Standing and dusting off crumbs, he held the bag of broken totems up and said "These don't weigh much, you wanna carry them?"

==========

Travelling unmolested and without an y magic 'pings' for the next few hours they travelled over and through the beautiful Italian countryside with farmers in fields and people going about their business in villages and towns.

Few looked up and even fewer could believe their eyes if they saw a dot in the sky but soon the map flapped in the wind with the details marked by questioning the pilots and the pair of heroes agreed they were on the right track...

=========

"Would you look at that." muttered Wonder Man.

A hole in the side of a mountain had been channelled out and a pair of painted metal doors slid closed as a plane buzzed from the bowels of the mountain. When the gates were closed the paint made it appear as if it were a plain mountain! Up closer it was apparent *something* was there but without a reason to look...?

"Looks like a sizeable base... Do we go in the FRONT door or look for a side entrance somewhere?" asked Wonder Man. The mountain was very large and snow covered over a certain altitude which the gates were below...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 18 2020, 12:00

"Gotta be doors for supplies and personnel to enter and exit from," Prof. Wynde replies. "I don't image that they open those doors for everything. Let's try to find those entrances and see what we want to do."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18 2020, 22:39

Taking their time to stay hidden from any prying eyes the pair looked about for hidden trails and doorways that might lead into the depths of the mountain...

OOC Perception...

Prof Wynde Int 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 (12) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (21) Failed

Wonder Man Int 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,4,+0 Total:16 (23) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (20)
+2 (to 7) vs RV7=Failed.

"Well that don't make no sense. No way in save fer that big door for planes to go in an out? Maybe... maybe the supplies go in that way? Seems the safest most secure way from attack though how they carved a base out from the heart of a mountain is beyond me..." said Wonder Man.

Prof Wynde stifled a chuckle. Wonder Man on his own could probably carve out a mountain in a matter of days. Just then the pair heard the distant buzz of a plane and crouched in the bushes to see a distant dot get larger.

A plane headed for the mountain and the great doors slid open smoothly, the plane screeching to a halt and being snagged on a wire that acted as a brake.

Workers in khaki overalls scurried about the plane whilst guards took aim with guns that didn't look like standard issue, trailing a hose to a pack on their backs!

Wonder Man muttered "We could try sneaking in but no way we wouldn't get seen I'm thinking. Do we wait till night and keep searching till then or maybe I can prise those doors apart a little for us to sneak in..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 18 2020, 23:19

"Let me ask, are you strong enough to rip one of those doors off and use it," Prof. Wynde asks curiously thinking that if they could do massive damage from the start it would be easier to take down the place.

ooc: Was military science added into that roll since he was dealing with camouflage basically. OF course with the roll he was up against, it probably wouldn't have helped.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 19 2020, 22:35

OOC Military Science *might* help with the spotting of camouflaged stuff because you'd know what to look for. Hmmm go on then.

Prof Wynde Int 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 and M Science dice Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16 (21) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (21)
+0 (to 6 Will) vs RV7= Still failed.

Wonder Man sized the gates up. "I can't imagine it would take too much effort." he said. "I guess I can lift... twenty maybe thirty tons, maybe more. Never really tested myself to be honest. Could I lift a boat?" he chuckled. "Probably not. Those gates? Sure."

"I suggest we wait till night time, rest, eat maybe heal up and keep an eye out for anyone going in or leaving." said the hero.

OOC you are both on full body but the amulet Prof Wynde wears is damaged. It still provides RV10 but doesn't give that cushion of Body. Gadgets are and have always been a bit wonky in this game. Anyway, needs fixing.

"Or we can pile in there, make a mess and try our best to completely trash the place. If there aren't any super goons in there to knock our teeth out then we should have a pretty easy ride - so long as you avoid any bullet type encounters. How about... I go in then you follow up with a gale or magic zap on everyone still standing after I start tossing things about?" he suggested.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 19 2020, 22:47

ooc: I don't have the skill to fix it and unless it can recover Body on its own, I'm sort of out of luck. If it does recover Body on its own then we should rest up and go in later.
If it doesn't then going in now while its daylight, allowing PW to see better would be a better idea.

"When we go in, try throwing those doors at fuel tanks and any explosives you find," Prof. Wynde suggests. "Depending on how lazy they are about safety, you might find any explosives that aren't safely locked away or we might catch them while they are arming planes with bombs and those would make good targets. They should have a lot of 50 gallon fuel drums for fueling up their planes, so try smashing those and maybe we can get a big fire and or explosion going."

"And you are right, I should give you some time before I go in after you. I figure you throw those two doors and then enter. When I see you go in, I will follow. If you can get a fire going, I can use the winds to blow it where we need it to go to help take down the place."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 22 2020, 23:07

Wonder Man nods, gives Prof Wynde a reassuring slap on the shoulder and steadies his friend after forgetting his superhuman strength.

"This should be a cinch." he grins. Then he glances about "So long as no other super guys turn up to give us a pasting." he nervously mutters.

With several powerful leaps the super hero soon closes the distance to the hidden base...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Wonder-Man

Pausing in front of the doors that are painted to look like a mountain side he pulls back his fist and... Thwunch! Punches clean through the light sheet metal!

All of a sudden there is a problem in the plan - the doors in and of themselves won't simply tear off - they are too light and built on a frame that holds the thin metal skin. Wonder Man shrugs then simply dives through the hole he made, opening it up! There is a moments pause then...

RATATATATATATA! Machines guns open up!

OOC Waiting to see what happens or going to help your buddy?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Nov 22 2020, 23:43

Give it another round or two. Hoping for an explosion or blast of fire as cue to come in.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23 2020, 16:42

The gates crash outwards as an aeroplane is tossed through them! More gunfire, explosions that sound like grenades (Prof Wynde is pretty sure grenades can't hurt Wonder Man) and cries of alarm!

Some operatives in work overalls sprint out of the ruined gates and sprawl behind rocks looking for cover as a jeep is tossed out to crash down the mountainside, tumbling over and over! It seemed Wonder Man was having fun in there...

There was a huge BANG! from somewhere inside the mountain base and flames billowed from the gates, followed by a partially smashed up and burning aeroplane! THOOM! Another explosion that shook the ground even where Prof Wynde stood! It seemed muffled though and maybe indicated Wonder Man was heading deeper into the mountain...

Getting up from his position Prof Wynde prepared to summon the wind to carry him when FWASH!

There is a flash of light on the hillside sloping away from the gates and Prof Wynde is shocked to see a bunch of costumed operatives look about themselves before they dash/jump/fly up the hillside to the ruined gates with smoke pouring from them!

Three remain and one of them starts chanting. A quick use of Magic Sense reveals... BING! Definitely magical and one of the most potent sorcerers Prof Wynde had yet encountered in his short career! It would be EXTREMELY dangerous to take on that individual! Another dangerous looking foe was a bizarre pale skinned giant that lumbered towards the gates!

OOC Prof Wynde is hidden several hundred yards (8APs) from the gates and has not been seen. Four individuals are heading to the gates, two remain with the sorcerer and he is casting a spell.

The individuals (as best I can describe them - not all have pics) are:

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Great-horned-owl
Great Horned Owl "Die Grosshorn Eule"

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Brainwave
Brainwave

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Deathb-olt
Deathbolt

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Ian-Karkull-01
karkull (the Sorcerer - beware!)

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Kung
Kung

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Mekanique-01
Mekanique

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Grundyfoe
Solomon Grundy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 23 2020, 19:38

Fly up to the sorcerer, magic shield up, and hit all 3 with a wind blast, hopefully with surprise. Can I devastate attack with the wind blast? If so, add that into the mix, if not, not.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23 2020, 23:19

OOC What kind of Air Control attack? You have two basically. One is a straight up attack vs Dex/Body and the other is Superbreath style with the RAPs counting as knockback and no multi attack penalties as per:

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Air-Control-snippet

Makes quite a bit of difference because of multi attack, range etc and yeah, you can devastating attack but if using the first option (straight up attack) you will miss, I pretty much guarantee! The second (superbreath style)? I think you'll snag one or two of them and miss the third, but it's your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 24 2020, 00:46

The second one, the superbreath one, where there is no multi-attack penalty, and they all go blowing whichever way I want, which is into some hard mountain or rocks.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24 2020, 17:05

OOC Surprise attack on three targets with superbreath

Air Control 10 +
Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:19 (29) vs OV6 - surprise 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:35 (39) missed on Karkull!
Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 (20) vs OV7 - surprise 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:15 (20) +0 (10EV) vs RV5=5 RAPs less weight 2APs so 3AP knockback. AV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (20 vs OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 (18) +2 (to 5) vs RV5=No damage on Deathbolt
Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILED to hit Kung!

Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Prof-Wynde-Battle-R1

Somewhat disappointed by his rather blunt air attack Prof Wynde had to suck it up - he was facing three opponents, one of whom was a sorcerer FAR more powerful than he was!

"Look!" shouted one of the three. The man was an oriental, and form his combat stance knew how to handle himself! However, he was on the ground and Prof Wynde was fifty foot above him in the sky!

The man who'd tumbled righted himself, got to his feet and shouted "I'll blast this clown from the sky! Are these the 'Lore Knights' we've been told to watch for?"

"Stop blathering and get on with it!" said the sorcerer, hands on knees. "Magic exacts a cost and I am paying it. You two must be able to drop this idiot!"

OOC Prof Wynde is up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 24 2020, 19:00

Devastating attack magic blast on DeathBolt.  Magic shield is up.

ooc: One of these days I will get dispersal up higher than one. And Body higher too. And the mental and magical equivalents for Body three! One of the days ..... clown
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25 2020, 00:41

OOC Dev Attack Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,3,+0 Total:14 (25) vs
OV4 + Dev Attack 8 + Range 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 (24) hit (JUST!)
+1 (to 12) vs RV4 - Dev Att 12 (RV-8)=20 RAPs. Overkill really and you could have gotten away with a standard attack or a crit blow to be sure! However, Deathbolt is DOWN and OUT!

With a soul searing blast Prof Wynde blasts the earth bound villain who drops like a stone!

"Magic!" hissed Karkull. "I have not the strength to fight having used it all to transport everyone here! YOU must defeat the Lore Knight!"

Kung muttered "I claim single combat with this man!" and promptly transformed into an Eagle!

OOC Bird of Prey D5 S2 B2 boosted to D10 S2 B4 and claws are boosted to 4

The Eagle flew up to where Prof Wynde was... then changed into a man again, one which delivered a powerful karate kick to his enemy!

OOC Uh Oh!

AV9 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,7,8,6,4,12,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (21)
+4 (to 9 EV) vs RV10=No damage (thanks to the amulet, it's damaged but still working until it drops to body zero)

As he falls away the martial artist shouts "Face me, coward!"

The sorcerer grimaces and shouts "I must take time to recover!" and promptly vanishes!

OOC initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Prof-Wynde-new-round

As for improving stuff, look at the page count. We're are soooooo close to wrapping this issue! Prof Wynde is up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 25 2020, 07:04

Magic Blast crit blow.  Keep in the air.

Devastating attack is too much like asking for a heart attack.   lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25 2020, 18:26

Swooping down within ten feet of the falling villain Prof Wynde let loose with a blast!

OOC the other guy can reach you no bother so you may as well engage and not suffer range penalties. Telescopic Vision might be worth looking at as well as the Accuracy (Magic Blast) skill, yours for BC5 FC7 when you next spend HP (in about 1 page time).

Crit Blow Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:19 (30) vs
OV7 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,11,+0 Total:14 (25)
+3 (to 14) vs RV9 = Crit Blow 6 (RV3)=11 RAPs. Kung is DOWN and OUT!

Prof Wynde blasts the falling villain in the chest, causing him to arch back with a silent scream then slump, falling to his death! With a gesture the air cushions his fall and the mighty Lore Knight hovers off the ground, turning to the mountain...

From which there is an almighty KRUMMMPPP!!! and a MASSIVE explosion spits a fireball from the hanger area whilst rocks crash downwards inside, caving the mountain in! Can even Wonder Man survive such a calamity???

Find out in our next exciting episode entitled...

"The Third Reich Strikes Back!"

OOC And that's a wrap! END OF ISSUE!

Opposition was Superior (some chance of escape)
Even Odds Critical Points
Permanent fatal consequences!
nationwide effect!

Standard award 48HP

240HP awarded

ACCURACY (BC5 FC7)
This is a skill which can be applied (like Hero Points) to give extra dice to roll when using a Dice action power, be it Physical, Mental or Mystical. It can also be bought for Perception checks (and added to the Sharp Eye advantage). When purchased a single power (or Perception) must be specified and it can be bought multiple times.

Because it was not available when the characters were cooked up this award for the adventure end will grant you the chance to buy this skill at the starting level for any/all of your Dice Action abilities rather than purchasing it for the normal cost of 5 x Base Cost and on the AP improvement chart as per new Skills.

The Link attribute (should you wish to link it) will be the same as the power you are applying Accuracy to.

After this one time opportunity the normal cost of BC25/FC7 on the improvement chart will apply!  
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 25 2020, 20:39

Wow! Kung fell to his death? Figured he could survive a 50' drop. Hurt but alive. Huh!
=========================================================================

Both Magic Blast and Air Control are linked so how much for the two if I get Accuracy for both? Your version of accuracy is adding dice instead of replacing the AV of the powers, yes? If so, then even a couple of dice could help offset multi-attack minuses.

Telescopic vision is a must for a range attacker like him. 2-4 points should be enough to start.

Been saying I needed to buy the Amulet but I'm wondering if I should. If it breaks, he doesn't have the skill nor the mystic lab to repair it. Should I buy Force Shield and up Dispersal instead? Suggestions?

A level or two of regeneration might not hurt either.

I'm not interested in raising attack levels, trying to keep it in the 10-11 range for now. More interested in diversifying. As our GM has said, his combination of mystical and physical attacks makes him pretty darn good in many different kinds of fights. He is just squishy and can't recover faster than a normal person would and without a healer on the team ....

==============================================================
open to all suggestions from anyone and everyone.

scratch scratch scratch

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25 2020, 21:16

OOC 61HP for 7 APs Accuracy (Magic Blast) is a no brainer, gives you 4D to attack with. It will never be cheaper than that again, this is a 'GM should have allowed it from the start when he changed the house rules but forgot then remembered but never did anything about it so here it is cheap again for a one off time only get it while you can!' discount. I think it would be too expensive (105HP for 11 linked M Blast and 85 for 10 linked at FC5) but that's your call but makes it tricky to increase in the future. EDIT: Looks like you can't link Accuracy. HOWEVER the Accuracy skill is a kind of blanket (physical/mental/Mystical) skill as written and I'm saying 'buy it for every individual power' so with that in mind the link attribute is the same as for the power. I still wouldn't recommend it for long term growth, and we are all about that. in ten years time (all being well) you might finally pay off that link and think 'why did I do that in 2020' Laughing

Maybe the same (61HP) for Accuracy 7 (Air Control).

Telescopic Vision is a good call. 25 BC 10 per point

Force Shield is price (100 Base cost 50 per point) but worth it.

Regeneration would be nice but too expensive, 250 Base cost and 80/point

It doesn't go with your powers but if you can rationalise Density Increase (BC10 FC5 + 5 for options so FC10) with 'does not reduce dex (+3FC), increases Str (+2FC)' for 200HP increases Str +1, RV +1. Boost that by 4-5 points over the adventures and you have no need of amulets plus Super Strength thrown in. You should be able to rationalise having had practise with Golden Heroes back in the day...

Acrobatics (BC25 FC7 so 70/point) is well worth it. At the moment you have nothing.

Buying body is the best bet, 120HP for Body 8

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 15:20

Wasn't looking to Mystic Link the Accuracy, just wondering if I had to pay more since they were MLed.

Also just remembered that I need to buy Obscure since it will help hide my Magic Aura among other things.  BC5, FC4.  Though re-reading it, it seems not to obscure the magic aura as obscure the strength of the magical target.  But if you don't have the +1 FC Detect Strength, you can't try to detect the strength of your target that might be using Obscure to hide its strength.  Bit confused here.

Also just noticed the last sentence for Magic Sense.  "Anyone protected by a Magic Shield has the APs of power added to his RV against Mystical Attacks."

So I guess that means if a mystical attack hits me from a direction my shield isn't facing I can at least use the APs of Magic Sense to add to my RV, as well as add it to my Magic Shield RV for attacks that do hit it?

240 HP to spend
Let's buy 7 APs for both Magic Blast and Air Control for a total of 122 HP.
Let's buy Telescopic Vision 5BC, 1FC  so that would be 50+10 per so let's get 1 AP to start.  so 60 HP
Let's buy Obscure BC5, FC4 so that would be 50+40 per point, can't afford to buy any levels so get the power at 0 AP for 50 pts
8 HP left over
Is my math correct here?

No extra defenses this way but can fight at a further range to make it harder for folks to get close to me and punch my lights out. rabbit
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 18:18

OOC If you are referring to page 85 on Blood of Heroes 2nd Edition it looks like a misprint. The Title of Magic Shield should be above the last paragraph of the Magic Sense description. Obscure I never even knew about but it seems quite expensive until you figure it protects against a list of powers not just one. Thing is Magic sense is an automatic action so I could interpret it in one of two ways:

1) Reduces the effective range of someone trying to sense the Obscure character by the APs of Obscure. So if Prof Wynde with Magic Sense 10 uses it against someone with Obscure 7 he would need be in 10-7=3AP or 80 feet distance to detect him... OR
2) Magic Sense vs Obscure check (with dice) and 1 RAP or more = success.

I get what you are on about though.

Thoughts on that? I'm thinking the first one. Someone with super high APs of Magic Sense will still be able to detect you but has to get closer. Or the 2nd option with dice.

Maths look alright I get 8HP left. Character looks like:

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 9 Prof-WYnde-NOV-2020

That look ok?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next