The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 04 2020, 15:27

Prof. Wynde tried to spot the officer of the group, he would be near the man with a bulky backpack, which would be the radio for the soldiers.  If he could spot that man, he could use a magic blast to knock out the radioman and then the officer.  Or if the radio was facing him, he could use a wind blast to destroy the radio.  After that, he could take on the rest of the troops.

If he failed to spot them ... well, using the wind to fly wasn't the quietest way to fly.  He would be a target of all the men simultaneously if he flew.

He might just have to do an AOE blast of wind or winds to knock out all the soldiers he had spotted.

actions:
Magic Blast the radioman unless he can see the bulky backpack radio, in which case he will wind blast the radio to destroy it.
or
If unable to find the radioman and his radio, wind blast the troops.  1AP high, not sure how wide or deep to make it as I'm not sure how wide the area I spot the troops is.  But wide enough to cover all that I see.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Thu Nov 05 2020, 19:52

Watching, Prof Wynde spotted a radio operator crouching and trying to - apparently - get a signal whilst an officer barked orders and pointed to troops to encircle the building and look for any sign of...

Prof Wynde took aim and unleashed a gust of wind to blast the radio operator and his equipment!

OOC Multi on two (target + radio) Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
OV3 - surprise 4 + range 4 + Multi 2+ Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (20)
+3 (to 13 EV) vs RV3=10 RAPs. The Soldier and Radio are DOWN and out!

All of a sudden there is pandemonium as soldiers take cover and start to fire indiscriminately about!

Prof Wynde was resistant to bullets thanks to his magic amulet but a lucky shot might injure him... and what about explosives?

As if they heard his thoughts some of the soldiers shouted "Bomba a mano!" and though he didn't know Italian without using his remarkable ability to figure out ANY language he figured that since there were three... no.. four... five... soldiers pulling pins and making ready to hurl grenades that was pretty much what they'd said!

OOC First attack was surprise, Prof Wynde wins initiative next round...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 05 2020, 20:08

area wide wind blast to knock all of them that he can see away, scattering them in different directions.  All the while wondering where Wonder Man is.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 08 2020, 20:15

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:35 (45) vs
OV3 + Range 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:11 (18)
+7 (to 17) vs RV3=14 RAPs.

With a super powerful gust of wind summoned Prof Wynde scattered the soldiers in every direction and put paid to their threat a moment later when grenades, pins pulled, went off!

Scanning about he looked for Wonder Man wondering where his companion had... uh oh.

Seeing a distant red dot bounding towards him/the farm house Prof Wynde saw a group of dots following at distance! No, not following.. chasing!

With every bound and run Wonder Man covered the distance quickly but Prof Wynde saw the four... no FIVE dots chasing him were running. flying, jumping... teleporting... He heard his friends shouts screaming "PROF! PROF! TIME TO GO!"

They were still some distance away, a couple of hundred yards for Wonder Man and maybe half a mile for the following pack but they were definitely after him!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Nov 08 2020, 21:28

Swooping down and grabbing his friend, he took off as fast as the winds let him.

"Wonder where you went to," he said once they were in the air, "where did you pick up your friends?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 09 2020, 10:39

Wonder Man held out a hand and grasped the outstretched arm as Prof Wynde held it out for him!

"Good timing! While you were sleeping I got bored and went out for a look to make sure the bad guys didn't get a chance to surprise us. I saw the soldiers, figured they wouldn't get the drop on you and turned back... then i saw... something. A strange light. I snuck up on the guys who are now following us. They were gathered round what I can only describe as a green fire... A hooded guy was chanting and the others - men and two women - were sat about cross legged without any clothes on!"

The wind speed increased and Prof Wynde got his bearings. "This way. Go on." he said.

"Well the chanting got louder, but boring and I figured I'd head back but the guy in the robe shouted something and ... the men and women stood up. Except this time they were dressed in clothes that kind of make them look like animals and one of them - the Wolf guy - pointed to where I was hidden and I figured it was time to go! They are really taking this stuff seriously!" he laughed.

Prof Wynde looked back then detected magic. Six magical 'signatures' were clear to him now at the very edge of his range and despite accelerating to near on his maximum speed they were closing in, steadily!

=========

"I 'see' you little mage." hissed the man in the robes who'd been chanting at the fire, summoning the magic of the animal spirits to bequeath to willing agents, to change them, transform them, using the power of the land to grant them totemic abilities.

He marched to the crest of the hill, seeing the dots vanish into the distance, the wind trailing in their wake as the spirit soldiers followed hot on the heels of the Lore Knights.

"I will get the secrets of the future from you little man..." hissed the Sorcerer. A soldier shivered as the man moved past and noted the tattoo on the wrist of the man. He didn't know what it meant but the man was sinister, evil and he wanted no part of him!

OOC the bad guys are - incredibly - catching up on foot, jumping and flying. They will take a while to overhaul you though...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 09 2020, 14:07

"Hate to tell you this, friend, but they are catching up," Prof. Wynde says grimly as he looks back.  "I'm going full speed and they are all still slowly catching up.  I think that they are the Nazi version of the Lore Knights, magically transformed into those shapes."

"Maybe ... if we take out the man who transformed them, they will lose their powers or at least weaken them."

ooc:  Occult Knowledge roll

"Anyways, can you direct me to where you saw him performing the ritual?  Hopefully, we can get to him before they catch up to us and we can take him out before facing them."

actions:  try to veer away from the pursuers and head right for the Sorcerer and take him on before they catch up.  Hopefully we can at least get a few rounds with him before they do.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 09 2020, 15:14

"Huh? What?" spluttered Wonder Man. "The place I saw them at is back thataway!" he said with a thumb over his shoulder.

"As in... back through those guys!" said Wonder Man. "That guy was in robes, chanting, couldn't see any details... accented voice but I think it was English. You guys all sound the same to us Yanks - we can't understand a darn thing you say!"

Prof Wynde frowned and racked his brain.

OOC Infl 10 + 3D Occult Knowledge + Roll(5d12)+0: 1,2,11,9,12,+0 Total:3 FAILURE. Don't see that too often!

Drawing a blank Prof Wynde glanced back at the pursuers. They would cut off at an angle and probably intercept them before they could get back to the site where Wonder Man had seen the sorcerer...

OOC If you go around these guys will head straight for you and get to the pair of you before you can get to the fire. Or you can keep going and hope to outrun them even if (for now) they are catching you up... or pick a spot to make a stand and a fight of it! Wonder Man is no push over and Prof Wynde is surprisingly effective in a fight thanks to his mix of physical and mystical attacks.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 09 2020, 16:50

"A square plus B square equals C Square," Mutters Prof. Wynde.  "Let's go up, take out the flier then head straight for the robes guy."

actions: Turn around towards robe guy but go up as high as he can and still be able to breath somewhat comfortable, blast the flier out of the sky and then dive towards robe guy is the plan.

Magic Shield up for once.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 09 2020, 18:08

Turning about, Wonder Man calls out "I can deal with altitude no problem but when the air is thin... won't you struggle to actually control it or manipulate it?"

He had a point. Also Prof Wynde had no special protection against extremes of altitude or environment!

Putting up his Magic Shield Prof Wynde was aware that his defences were against one direction only. Attacks from the side or rear/up/down would NOT be stopped by his shield unless he moved it in that direction - and left himself vulnerable in other directions!

Wonder Man muttered "Best let me down pal, I don't like what I see here..."

As they closed in with the opposing group Prof Wynde counted six. Four men, two women. They were dressed in plain overalls that were khaki and wore helmets like those of Nazi soldiers...

OOC Are you seeking to avoid them? The flier is carrying two 'chains' of people (two on one hand one on the other) and there are two more on the ground. One runner on the ground is matching your speed, another exceeds it as does the flier.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 09 2020, 19:21

ooc:  Want to get up about a mile in the air.  Should be low enough to breath okay for awhile and have control over winds.  But it should be high enough that those who can only run or jump won't be able to attack him or will have lots of minuses for range, just like Miss Victory having the same problems.  Then if I can blast him and knock him out, the friends he is carrying will have to fall.  That should thin the herd so we can head for the sorcerer and try to take him on before the others on the ground catch up.  That's what I want to try to do.

"Just want to take out the flier," Prof. Wynde explains to Wonder Man.  "And since he is carrying friends, they can fall with him.  That should thin out the opposition so we can face the sorcerer and you can punch that guy into next week.  So hang onto my back and get ready for some maneuvers."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 10 2020, 19:35

OOC initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Italy-Battle-Round-1

The two groups closed and Prof Wynde made ready to attack the flier who was carrying others... However the sheer speed of the man caught Prof Wynde a little by surprise! He flew in with the three he carried and one - a woman, fell clear, floating under her own power!

Using his Magic Sense all the while, Prof Wynde detected not only magic surrounding the enemy but a kind of 'aura' matching some kind of spirit animal, save for the flying woman who seemed to be wreathed in ghostly sparkling clouds... He noted an Eagle (the flier) the Cloud Woman (also a flier), A snake (female, speeding about on the floor), A Wolverine (being carried by Eagle guy), A wolf (running on the floor) and a tiger (being carried by the Eagle guy)

OOC I take it Magic Blast on the Eagle (flier) guy...

Range is 4APs (150') you can close that if you wish before you attack. The enemy flier guy who won initiative is holding his dice action, presumably until when his hands are freed up and he can slash at you with some ghostly sharp looking claws...

So, closing range to...? Any Crit or dev attack or multi attack on the bad guys? Prof Wynde isn't super smart but he is when it comes to magic and the chances are these guys - all powered by mysticism - are probably reasonably resistant to mystical attacks. That said Prof Wynde has been a constant surprise to me in every battle so far and punches above his weight thanks to Magic/Physical attacks and/or good rolls. Whenever those Nazi big hitters show up they take a pounding (Baron Blitzkrieg and Cap Nazi) with (for the most part) Prof Wynde finishing them off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 10 2020, 20:35

ooc:  Let's get in close enough that he doesn't take range minuses and hit all of them with a Superbreath version AOE wind blast, especially since there is no multi-attack minuses with it.  It worked well on the Italian soldiers, so maybe it will do the same on the two fliers or one flier and one glider{?}
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:03

OOC The AoE attack will affect the Eagle, Spirit and both the Wolverine and Tiger guys who are held by the Eagle guy...

Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 (26) vs

Eagle OV12 + 4D Acro (0D M Arts) + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,3,4,9,11,2,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:41 (53) Attack Missed!

Spirit OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,11,+0 Total:23 (30) Attack Missed!

Both flying opponents swoop in different directions and avoid the blasts of air from Prof Wyndes hands!

"Well, that could have gone better." muttered Wonder Man. "Can you get me closer to that Eagle guy?" he asked then said "blast air in the opposite way!" which Prof Wynde was able to do... and his friend used Wyndes own body to springboard off! Though he'd have bruises on his ribcage Wynde knew that his friend was the best chance of taking out one or more of the flying enemies! Wonder Man 'leapt' at the Eagle totem soldier!

OOC Ok this is NOT Wonder Man's natural environment so it's going to need a trick shot (a negative modifier on the attack basically) to get close enough to clobber Eagle guy!

AV12 + 3D M Arts (0D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,5,11,1,2,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:39 (51) vs
Eagle OV12 + 4D Acro (0D M Arts) + trick Shot 4 + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,6,10,10,11,8,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:31 (47)
+3 (to 16) vs RV10=6 RAPs. The eagle totem soldier is on Body 4/10

"Oooooffff!!!" spluttered the Eagle totem man as the punch - whilst not decisive, WAS enough for him to drop the two men he carried! Prof Wynde saw Wonder Man and two enemy soldiers start to tumble and fall from a mile up! Could Wonder Man survive such a fall? (OOC hmmm. Off the top of my head that's a 14/14 attack on body but will have to check as it's something like 2x terminal velocity in APs or hardness of the ground, whichever is higher. Or something like that. Been a while... Will check.)

The two falling soldiers didn't look very worried as they fell to their deaths a mile below...

Suddenly Prof Wynde turned to ... a magical blast from the flying woman! She wore a soldier's uniform and helmet like the others but he couldn't let that distract him!

OOC Magic Blast 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (19) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (15) eewww...
+3 (to 15) vs RV21=No damage!

"No! È potente! Può resistere al mio potere!" exclaimed the woman!

The blast battered up against Prof Wynde's magic shield and he could afford to relax a little. She WAS powerful but so long as his shield pointed in the right direction there was practically no way at all she could break through his defences! That meant the biggest problem he'd have to worry about were the flying guy (Eagle) and whether his buddy would go *splat* at the end of a very high fall!

OOC initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Italy-Battle-Rnd-2

The snake and wolf totem soldiers circled around where they thought their companions would fall - and keeping an eye on the red clad superhero also tumbling from the sky!

Prof Wynde had two targets (Eagle and Spirit) but his friend (OOC 7APs away, will take 30 seconds to CRUMP!!! into the ground) was tumbling through the sky and there was that doubt as to whether he would survive the fall. That said he WAS Wonder Man, and up until the last couple of years had been one of the most powerful supers of this era!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:40

Let's try a trick shot. Don't think I've tried this with Prof. Wynde yet. So dive down BELOW Wonderman and air blast him back at the closest of the two - Eagle or Spirit.

"Grab him/her, then punch or squeeze them while hanging on," Prof. Wynde yells to his buddy while blasting him back up into the air.

he can easily take the 10d Air Blast, at least much better than smacking into the ground - probably, maybe, hopefully. Not sure if my measly martial arts helps for offense or defense for this kind of "attack"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 11 2020, 19:57

Prof Wynde summoned the wind to shoot down like an arrow and overtook his friend - and the two falling soldiers - before thrusting out a hand and changing the angle of his flight... closing one eye... seeing the target angle towards him...

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV7 (terminal velocity of Wonder Man) + trick Shot 4 (to aim him in the right direction) + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:15 (26)
+2 (to 12) vs RV7=5RAPs. Success.

Wonder Man mutters "What...?" then FWOOOSH! and he's blasting up towards the man in the sky (Eagle) with a "YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOO!!!" and he angled his body towards the down rushing soldier with the Eagle totem who he'd punched earlier! "Goooooiiiiinnnnnggggg UP!" he laughed. "I gotta figure out how to fllllllyyyyyyyy!!!!"

His exuberance caused Prof Wynde to grin but this was still deadly serious!

The magic user swoops in to blast at Prof Wynde!

OOC CRIT BLOW (huh, can but try) Magic Blast 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:11 (23) vs
OV10 + range 1 + crit blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,11,+0 Total:20 (35) missed

Ignoring her attack the hero sees the other man angle towards Prof Wynde and he sees what looked to be spirit claws form on the mans hands Razor sharp claws...

OOC Eagle AV12 + 2D M Arts (2D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,6,2,8,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:17 (29) vs
Wonder Man OV12 + 2D Acro (2D m Arts) + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,9,4,5,+0 Total:16 (28) Hit!
+1 (to 13 EV) vs RV15=No Damage

Wonder Man grunts as claws slash at him and replies with his own punch with the pair entangled as they fall!

OOC Av12 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,11,7,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:35 (47) vs
OV12 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,8,8,4,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:29 (41)
+3 (to 16 Str) vs RV10=6 RAPs. The Soldier is SMACKED hard in the mouth and Wonder Man grabs a handful of uniform ... they are both falling to their doom but the Soldier will not be able to fly to safety! The EAGLE soldier is DOWN and OUT!

The Wolverine and the Tiger continue to fall while the Snake and Wolf circle below...

OOC initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Italy-Battle-Rnd-3

Wonder Man holds action (falling), as do Wolf (on the floor) and Tiger (falling). Prof Wynde is up.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 11 2020, 21:08

"Next target," yells Prof. Wynde as he zooms over to Wonderman and prepares to blast him towards Spirit. "Same as last time!"

He does the same as before.

ooc: Can't believe that actually worked so well! We may have come up with our own version of the Wolverine/Colossus Fastball Special! Basketball Basketball
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 11 2020, 22:21

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:9 (19) vs
OV7 Spirit woman Dex + trick Shot 4 (to aim him in the right direction) + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:4 (15)
+3 (to 13) vs RV7=6RAPs. Success.

Once again Prof Wynde scoops his friend up in the air then lines up his shot... THOOOM! He fires Wonder Man off like an arrow and the hero winces "Wait! That's a ... a woman..." he says, cringing. "Maybe a slap..." he muttered to himself.

OOC Wonder Man pulls his punch. AV12 + 1D M Arts (2D Acro - messed up last time, W Man got an extra die from somewhere doh. Never mind.) + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,8,6,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:28 (40) vs
OV7 + trick Shot 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 (20)
+6 (to 19 EV) vs RV7 + 2 Pull Punch=10 RAPs. Spirit Woman is DOWN and OUT!

"SORRY!" yelled Wonder Man as he flashed past having stuck a hand out and clouted the woman, sending her plummeting towards the ground after a brief arc "PROF!" he yelled. "Don't let the lady fall!" he shouted, not mindful of the fact that he, too, was about to plummet!

The Tiger and Wolverine Totem soldiers were still falling and the others were milling about the ground. The two fliers had been taken out and the others were at ground level about half a mile below.

OOC Want to continue the fight or grab Wonder Man and race off to the fire and see if you can find trace of the robed bad guy Wonder Man described?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 11 2020, 23:29

Prof. Wynde, even as a product of 21st Century "equal rights" wasn't too keen on letting a woman die either, even if she was an enemy combatant. He knew the Russians threw their women into this war, which was how desperate they were, but he wasn't and so he had to do something. So he dove after the woman and grabbed her, then fired another air blast at Wonderman, sending him hurtling in the right direction. He would scoop up Wonderman before he hit the ground, dropping the woman, much more gently, at the same time. Then the two of them would head for the sorcerer.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:00

Wonder Man was propelled upwards by another blast of powerful air which shot him upwards!

He saw his friend fly down to scoop up the falling woman and dropped her in a pile of hay at a farm from a way up. Before even the speedster snake woman could arrive he was up and away and the pair of heroes headed to where Wonder Man had seen the Robed Sorcerer.

A glance below revealed the Snake woman was racing about trying to catch one of the falling team mates! Another, the Wolf, looked torn but broke the pursuit off to catch another falling soldier.

Catching up to Wonder Man, the pair of them flew up and away to where Wonder Man had seen the 'birth' of these supers.

========

At Prof Wyndes speed it took only minutes to get to the site.

The fire was died out now, mere embers, and Prof Wynde looked about...

No Robed Sorcerer.

OOC Perception check Int 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (12) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (11) Great Rolls!
+1 (to 7) vs RV6=1 RAP

1) The fire was carefully constructed with stones and sticks in a certain geometric pattern though too badly burned to discern now. There is a smell about the smoke that is more than burned wood.

"Can't see anyone yet." hissed Wonder Man from his vantage point up in a tree "But they are coming, have to know that." he said and got back to looking for the other Italian supers...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:30

occult knowledge, anyway to reuse the fire to take away their powers? Also magic sense, maybe he is still around nearby and not hiding his magical aura well.

"Fight them or keep fleeing? Which seems best to you," Prof. Wynde asks. "I figure at least the werewolf guy has regeneration. Maybe all of them do. So there is a chance that [magic sense tell him how many magic auras are still there? Did any die?] "blank number" of them will be coming after us.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:29

Prof Wynde reaches out with his magic sense and finds... only himself and Wonder Man, thankfully.

He studies the fire, reaching into the cooler parts to dab with a finger and smell.

OOC Infl 10 + 3D Occultist + Roll(5d12)+0: 6,6,9,9,5,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:28 (38) vs
OV9 + 3D Occultist + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,1,9,12,2,+0 Total:21 (30)
+4 (to 15) vs RV9=6 RAPs

1) Whoever cast this spell was competent but sloppy in some areas. Pretty much how Prof Wynde himself might be. The spells worked but might not last.
2-3) the power generated by this kind of spell is usually used to empower an artifact of some kind. Doing it this way means the spell may last days or weeks rather than hours. The spell is reasonably common amongst druidic types where the special abilities and characteristics of an animal may be used to grant superhuman abilities to the wearer. So, if you can separate the totem - which might be an amulet around the neck, a torc on the wrist, a ring, a belt buckle or something similar that needs to be 'open to the sky' ... and in theory easily grabbable.
4-6) The spells are familiar. So much so that Prof Wynde is pretty sure that he's seen something similar in the tomes at OOPS bases and he has a strong feeling that whoever cast this spell may be, or has been, a member of OOPS now or in the past. And now working for the enemy!

With that revelation he continued to scan for magic and... there! He turned, looking into the darkness. At the edge of his range were multiple magic sources... they weren't far away!

Four sources, none flying. One moving fast. The two fliers were still out of it and that meant they could continue to avoid the ground pounders... but they'd be able to follow them.

Wonder Man leaped over. "These guys aren't going to quit. However... maybe the one doing the tracking gets too far ahead and we can jump em. After that, they get cautious... and we attack from different directions! I have a feeling they are pretty tough on their own terms and they do outnumber us... but we can't keep running forever. So we fight em now or later. What say you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 12 2020, 18:08

Prof. Wynde relays what he learned from the fire.

"...so take off the amulet or whatever and they revert to normal. So let's fight them and get those magical items from them. I'm going to rely on you to do most of that. I'll take to the air for high cover, you let me know who you are going to attack and I will provide distracting fire [team attack] while you get in and grab them."

ooc: Will vary between a magic blast and wind blast, whichever seems appropriate, during team attack to help Wonderman grab the amulets or whatever. So delaying until Wonderman's action. Perception check to help determine what is the magic item on them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 15 2020, 17:20

OOC Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Italy-Battle-Prof-Wynde-R1

The Snake Woman was too fast to anticipate and she raced up to the pair of heroes - one floating in the air and the other on the ground waiting for the enemies to close in!

"I'll take this one!" said Wonder Man. "She's too fast to..."

OOC AV13 + 2D m Arts (1D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,4,9,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
4,8,+0 Total:20 (33) vs
OV12 + 2D Acro (1D M Arts) + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,9,5,3,+0 Total:20 (32) Hit
+1 (to 12 EV) vs RV12=No Damage.

"What is this?" asked Wonder Man looking at a strange liquid sliding off his skin. He sniffed and wrinkled his nose. "Poison!" he declared.

"Take her down!" said Wonder Man. Prof Wynde levelled an arm and blasted with his magic blast at the same time Wonder Man grappled with the woman to wrest an animal totem hanging around her neck!

OOC Team Attack! Crit Blow Magic Blast AV11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:12 (23) vs
OV7 + Crit Blow 4 + Range 1 - Team Attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:9 (19)
+3 (to 14) vs RV8 - CB 6 (RV2)=12RAPs. The Snake Woman is DOWN and OUT!

"Huh." muttered Wonder Man with a glance at his floating friend. "Just let me know if you need any help up there, huh Prof?" he laughed whilst taking the totem from around the woman's neck. "What you want me to do with this? Looks ... broken. There are cracks in it."

The remaining three enemies raced up, a combination of running and jumping as they faced off against Prof Wynde (OOC floating 1AP up in the air) and Wonder Man.

OOC initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 8 Italy-Battle-Prof-Wynde-R2

Prof Wynde is up but to team up with Wonder Man he will need to let the bad guys (tiger/wolf) get a whack in first! Magic Blast, Crit Blow? Multi Attack? Delay?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Nov 15 2020, 19:17

Do same thing we did with snake woman as I am not sure how dexterous these guys are going multi-attack may ruin our chance to take one down.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next