The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down"

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down" - Page 3 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down"

Post  Admin Tue Apr 23 2013, 00:46

"Aliens are not immune from male pattern baldness." growled Retribution.

He stared at the Haunt for a moment, then shrugged. Turning to the computer he saw a message flash up.

"Wandafar set up a teleporter for former executive team members to use when they needed his aid. It has been activated. Come. It will take a short while to get there. Gather up the camera." he stated, matter of fact. Pressing a stud on his belt the hero deactivated the computer systems and sealed the place up. "I have shown my trust in you. My instincts say you are a kindred spirit. With that in mind I shall - if you wish - take you to see my former colleague. The sensation of teleportation is unsettling, but mostly reliable. Wandafar does not like to be reminded about the 'chicken' incident." He strode from the room and finished locking up the place.

"I will carefully scour the van for clues when we return, and hopefully have some information that will lead to the rescue of the woman and child you mention. The kidnappers will also face Retribution."

He took to the air and soared across the dark streets of London...

OOC I assume Haunt tags along, this time with just the camera as a van won't fit in the transporter...

=========

The area of the city the heroes flew to was run down, and the building Retribution landed outside was fenced off with signs stating 'KEEP OUT - DEMOLITION IN PROGRESS'

Haunt glanced at Retribution who spoke up "It's been in progress for five years. You can't get the staff these days." as he strode through the unkempt grounds to an old boarded up house. Standing on the porch he glanced at an upstairs window. "Junkies again. I'll clear them out, but not before they are administered a shot of Wandafars' 'cold turkey' serum. They will feel like death warmed up for a week, but will be clear of drugs thereafter. An envelope stuffed with confiscated drug money and short note explaining they are to turn their lives around or face Retribution usually does the trick."

He presses a button on his belt and the floor beneath the pair dropped down, a panel sliding over their heads to show no trace of their passing. A few seconds later and the lift dropped into a wide open space. It looked like a converted garage with computers lining the wall and all manner of crime fighting and detection equipment in place. In the centre of the room there was a glass tube which would admit both men at once, albeit rather snugly.

Haunt noted a camp bed in the corner. It was at odds with the very expensive equipment. Tins of various foods were close by it. It seemed the dark hero was so dedicated to his task that his normal life had been left behind...

Retribution walked to the teleportation tube then stopped and turned. "Ready to go?"

OOC Are you going along for the ride...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down" - Page 3 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! The Haunt Issue 1: "Bring the house down"

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 23 2013, 01:01

Haunt noted a camp bed in the corner. It was at odds with the very expensive equipment. Tins of various foods were close by it. It seemed the dark hero was so dedicated to his task that his normal life had been left behind...

Retribution walked to the teleportation tube then stopped and turned. "Ready to go?"

"Must be nice to be rich," the Haunt rasps out as he steps forward into the tube. "Don't ever recall being rich for any real length of time myself."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 25 2013, 11:24

Retribution paused for thought, then turned. "I am rich, but all of this was paid for by the criminal proceeds I confiscated. I used to turn the money and drugs in, until I decided to track their progress through the chain of police custody."

"Let's just say that certain members of the police force are not beyond the reach of Retribution. As for all of this? It is booby trapped. If it is taken, I won't bat an eyelid. Criminals keep making money. I keep stopping them, and using their funds to apprehend more criminals. Whatever is left over is given to various charitable funds, and I have a waiting list of hard working, honest families who just need a helping hand to climb out of the slum they live in. My next drugs bust will pay for their new lives. Criminals supply the drugs, I sell them back to other criminals then bust them. Leaving the ill gotten gains to the authorities is like filling a trough full of swill and asking hungry pigs not to feed."

He stepped into the tube, then stepped to the side to allow Haunt to get in. Though cozy, it wasn't awkwardly so. Retribution pressed a stud on his belt.

The world flashed bright white!

=========

And when it returned to colour Haunt saw Retribution was already out of the tube and sizing up what appeared to be a dog the size of a horse! All slavering jaws, bared teeth, low growl and wild eyes, it was crouched ready to pounce!

A quick glance around revealed a vast cave, lined from floor to ceiling with various machines and computers, and in the centre a raised plinth with a desk surrounding a chair and computer screens suspended from the ceiling in a semi circle around the desk. In the chair there was a short man in silver/grey armour who was bent over closely examining a small pulsing blue sachet of liquid.

Others in the room included a man in black uniform with red trim, another in what looked to be a World War II soldiers uniform, a man in jeans and t-shirt, another in a military style jump suit and they were facing off against a hair covered 7 foot tall beast that looked like a Wolf stood on its hind legs!

"Business as usual." muttered Retribution.

The short fellow at the desk looked up and called out "Retribution! Good to see you! Gloomy ez usual? You bring ze black clouds always vis you over your head, ya. Who is your friend?" The short man looked to where Retribution was looking and waved his hand. "Pah! Kevin gone crazy again. Zese people vill sort it out. Come look, I hef some sing very interesting to show you!" He sounded genuinely enthusiastic as he waved. With a glanced at the fight to come Retribution walked over to where the short man sat, leaving Haunt to wonder what kind of lunatic asylum he'd blundered into!

OOC Switch to the Frostbite thread here please Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3