The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack!

3 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Feb 17 2022, 21:27

Let's go with stretchy mallet hands and try smashing two of the wights, using telescopic vision to get rid of range penalties.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack!

Post  Admin Wed Feb 23 2022, 14:07

OOC Probably some of Steeplejacks' lesser used abilities (Earth Control and Force Shield) in this adventure what with having to keep a low profile to avoid shouting "SUPER HEROES ALIVE AND WELL IN THE 19th CENTURY!" but it should work very well for crowd control!

As for Haunt, his usual 'Nevermiss™' Hammer Hands should do the trick!

Holmes shouted "Stay together! Let our fantastic friends work without fear of our safety!"

Haunt risked a glance at Sherlock Holmes. The man really was as smart - smarter - than his legend suggested, instantly being able to read situations and come up with strategies.

Captain Savage coolly fired round after round into the massed undead, switching from general shooting to pinpoint accuracy after he declared "Striking the body, or anywhere below the chin, doesn't do anything! Head shots, people!"

Watson looked on the verge of panic but held it together, firing round after round and paling when he realised his shots were ineffective. After Savages' shout he adjusted his aim two handed and picked off several of the horde. An amateur firearms user, he wasn't as effective as the others but tried his best with his dwindling ammo supply.

Anjali stared wide eyed at the horde but stood ready to leap at any who got too close and decapitate them with the fallen Captain Carters' sword.

Mina mixed it up by grabbing those who stumbled close and twisting their heads about, but hands grabbed at her and she cried out, having to pull back.

Edward Starky had tinkered with something from his bag, pulled on his goggles and cackled as a crude flame thrower spat fire across a short distance! His smiles faded as the horde - whilst burning - marched on, except this time with searing heat coming off them! "Not my, ah, smartest invention!" he declared as Mina glared at him after having to pat fire out off her sleeve! The steampunk inventor smiled uneasily, then reached into his suitcase for a blunderbus with wires, tubes, brass valves and a tiny pumping steam piston sat on the top. It was large, clunky and incredibly unwieldy! "COVER YOUR EARS, FINE PEOPLE!" he shouted.

BOOOM!

A column of the zombie horde were instantly flattened some ten feet deep and as wide! Some started to get up, others tried but were missing limbs. Some had lost heads and didn't move whilst others walked on with holes where their chest and major organs should be.

"I'll be..." muttered Starky as he pulled his goggles down and crouched, squinting through a gory black mess of a chest as a Zombie warrior stumbled forwards again. "We're in trouble!" he muttered.

Steeplejack raised his hands and gestured.

OOC Earth Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,5,+0 Total:9 vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:29 (39) FAILED

He frowned as the Earth rose then dropped in a sloppy mess. He'd have to be less ambitious and move a smaller volume rather than trying to raise the ground the group stood on to elevate them beyond the reach of the grasping horde! With a practised eye the superhero guessed how much Earth he'd need to move as a minimum to put them just out of reach of the hordes' grasp and would have another go in a few moments. In the meantime he applied his Earth shield wherever needed and Mina gave a glance back as the horde tipped away from her, hands falling loose from her hair and clothing.

"My thanks, sir!" she declared with a look and a nod at Steeplejack. "There are too many! More than can be counted! Where are they coming from?"

Holmes, thrusting with an expert fencers skill with his sword cane, called out "This place must have been the site of some horrendous war or huge battle at some point. Without cleaning the mud and crust of ages from our foes it's difficult to ascertain their age but I would guess to be the early 12th to mid 13th century."

"Thank you for the history lesson Mr Holmes." muttered Mina as she pried a hand from her hair, the arm on the other side now of Steeplejacks' earth barrier. She tossed it back over then grabbed a zombie as it moved around the barrier. "It's like trying to hold back a river!" she cried.

Haunt formed his 'Hammers of Justice' and scoured about. The seething mass was everywhere he looked. They came out of the mist in their hundreds and kept coming! Every now and again some of them would move sideways, darting about and pushing through the mindless horde to then crouch and hide from view, ready to leap forwards to strike at the defenders!

Haunt kept his neck stretched high above the Battlefield, looking down with eyes like dinner plates. His arms looped about, hammer formed on each end and he picked his targets... The fog affected things but he thought he could see a couple of sneaky types crouch down out of sight, save for a cruel malevolence in their glowing eyes, whilst the zombie horde had empty sockets and were powered by a blind hatred for the living!

OOC These things are much nastier than the Zombie horde who, despite being tough and immune to most damage that isn't a head shot (and requiring a trick shot to bypass their 'skin armour') are slow and effective only against panicked, undisciplined targets and only when they attack en masse with a sea of grasping hands (team attack) and a mob based strength bordering on superhuman when a dozen pair of hands grasp and yank a target towards rotted teeth and slavering jaws!

The wights on the other hand are cunning, fast - superhuman almost - and strong. They stick out like a sore thumb when moving but are otherwise ignored by the zombie massed horde who 'flow' around them when they crouch and vanish in the sea of undead...

Haunt picks out two targets and 'drops the hammer'

Crit Blow? Always worth it as Haunt is practically guaranteed a double...

Dex 10 + 6 Dice (!) Weaponry + Roll(8d12)+0: 11,1,8,6,1,12,6,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:29 (39) vs
OV7 + Acrobatics 1D + partial hidden in the seething mass 2 + range 2 - Telescopic Vision 2 + multi attack 2 + crit blow 4 + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,10,7,+0 Total:17 (32) Hit +4
Omni Arm 15 + 4 (EV19) vs RV10 (including skin armour) + Multi 2 - Crit Blow 6 =RV6. EV19-Rv6=13 RAPs

SPLAT!

THOOM!

The twins hammers of Justice fell in different places despite the sea of zombies in the mist! Pulling the hammers away and ignoring the grasping hands that fell off his nigh invulnerable form Haunt was satisfied to see both things pounded into the mud and not likely to get up any time ... ever!

He set to, scouring the massed horde for more targets, looking about.

There were now THOUSANDS of Zombies around them, and closing in despite the bullets and efforts of the defenders! Haunt looked down.

The 'good guys' were a dot of an island in a sea of shambling death that inched closer with every heartbeat!

OOC You guys may have to think up some kind of strategy. Fighting this many zombies will only see the party worn down and overcome even if Steeplejack and Haunt are largely immune to zombies (they'd have to be superhuman zombies to hit or hurt either hero, and even with a roll of 100+ I couldn't imagine either hero being harmed by something with 3 Strength no matter how many of them there are.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 23 2022, 14:36

Admin wrote:OOC You guys may have to think up some kind of strategy. Fighting this many zombies will only see the party worn down and overcome even if Steeplejack and Haunt are largely immune to zombies (they'd have to be superhuman zombies to hit or hurt either hero, and even with a roll of 100+ I couldn't imagine either hero being harmed by something with 3 Strength no matter how many of them there are.)

Steeplejack could see that the rate at which they were keeping the grasping hoards back was going to diminish considerably over time. The others would quickly succumb were it not for Haunt and his own efforts. But sheer numbers would put paid to their best, abilities unless they found a way to stop them, or go to the source. Not for the first time did he realise they were lopping off branches when the root was the real target.

"Haunt, we've got to get out of this, we can't win. We'll only be worn down. Let's see if these things can fly, why don't we?

OOC: OK if I can I wonder if either Haunt can carry us all on his back as a giant bird or something, air balloon or some such. Or alternatively, if I form a ball around us, and Haunt just picks it up and takes us to that castle, we've been aiming for all along.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Feb 27 2022, 00:31

"Encase everyone in a ball of earth or something like that," the Haunt yells back, "Then I can carry all of you away from here!"

Then turn into a man-sized rocket with arms and carry the ball with everyone inside to safety.

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Rocket21

ooc: Depending on how much HP we get at the end of this adventure, I'm definitely looking at getting growth as a new power. Combine that with Stretching and Shapeshift, I could have become one of those humongous bulldozers and just bulldozed my way through the hordes or converted the bucket into a roller and smooshed through them. And I fought a giant Doctor P way back when, might be time to think about that power seriously.

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Bulldo11

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 28 2022, 17:30

Steeplejack formed a bowl of earth around the group...

OOC Earth Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (21) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total:12 (19) Success +2
EV10 + 2 (EV12) vs RV7=5 RAPs.

Steeplejack can actually scoop that volume of Earth up - 128 cubic feet - and move it. Looking at a website to get some idea of how much in terms of length/width/depth looks like (Here: shows what a bunch of boxes looks like in terms of cubic feet) Looking at that you'd probably get away with moving a volume of 5APs (30 cubit feet) of Earth with the group stood on it. Think of Terra from the New Teen Titans when she'd move earth whilst stood on top of it. Same thing.

With a sudden lurch the ground moved under the groups' feet and Steeplejack waved an arm... and the earth bowl took to the air!

Haunt then took over, scooping the bowl up in large tendrils that effortlessly took the weight and blasting like a rocket through the sky towards the castle! In a heartbeat they were in the mist and then through it, viewing the landscape from above as it was covered in a white fluffly/boiling blanket of mist!

The distant mountains jutted above the mist and the undead were left far below as the fear of the group turned into amazement then wonder and exhilaration.

"I never imagined!" spluttered Watson even as he clung to the earth underneath their feet!

Captain Savage exclaimed "I know the feeling, Good Doctor! What's more, the mist will cover our passage from anyone looking up from the ground!"

Holmes smiled as the wind blasted through his thinning hair. "Indeed Captain, our friends have once more rescued us from the grasp of death! I wonder now what our mysterious enemy thinks of us now?"

The mountain and the castle loomed larger in their sights. The previous need to avoid wreaking havoc with the timeline and keeping a low profile was aided by the mist that had threatened them only moments before!

=========

In the castle.

Moriarty glanced at Fu Manchu who was beside himself with rage!

Blood ran from the oriental mystics' nose in a trickle and his eye flickered as he stifled curses which would not be gentlemanly regardless of the situation!

"I must... invoke dark powers... beg of them not to ... exact the price... a price... a prize, of our foes' souls... they have been denied." muttered Fu Manchu. The water the villains had been looking at was shimmering with ripples and no longer looked upon the scene of the attack. Fu Manchu's concentration was shattered and with it his scrying spell.

"We should make to leave." muttered Moriarty.

"And run where?" asked Fu Manchu on steady feet as he leaned in the doorway, stemming the blood flow from his nose. "No vehicle, no means of escape, shall keep our enemy at bay! They will arrive here, overwhelm any defences we have and crush our plans!"

"No." said the mysterious hooded figure from the shadows. "You have tried and failed to stop them. Moriarty. Prepare what traps you can concoct in the time you have."

"You dare order me...?" spluttered the Professor.

"Not an order. Simply do. Or do not. I shall engage the enemy with my allies." said the figure.

Moriarty shuddered. The voice wasn't coming from the hooded figure. Rather it was inside his head. "I have already made preparations. I shall ensure they are in place." he muttered.

Fu Manchu shook his head "My magic is drained, my psyche shattered. I must make reparations and hope my soul is not scorched! My acolytes shall attend to me. Fu Manchu shall... return... but I wish you well..."

"You are leaving?" asked Moriarty.

"I was never truly here." replied Fu Manchu... and he faded from view!

OOC How are you approaching the castle?

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Castle
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Feb 28 2022, 19:23

"How about I land on top of the tower and we work our way down," The Haunt Rocket asks the others as they approach.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 01 2022, 13:20

DavidMcMahon wrote:"How about I land on top of the tower and we work our way down," The Haunt Rocket asks the others as they approach.

Steeplejack nodded to his friend. "Sounds like a good plan, perhaps that way we can limit them getting at our friends, as they cover our backs."

OOC: Disembarking at tower no 1.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 01 2022, 21:09

Holmes, clung on like the others and with a childish grin on his face as they flew through the air shouted "Be careful my friends! Moriarty is a master of traps and catching out the unwary! With the resources he may call on from his allies who knows what might be waiting for us?"

As they swooped in to disembark on the roof...

OOC Danger Sense 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (20) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 (21) FAILED

Steeplejack looks at the rooftop and can't see anything amiss.

Captain Savage calls out "Before we land... what's the plan? Do we apprehend Moriarty? Drag him back in chains to face justice or..."

He let the question hang and eyes turned to the wrapped still form of John Carter. One of their own had fallen. Dracula had gone rogue, Jekyll/Hyde had left for who knew where. Anjali had joined them but the League of Extraordinary Adventurers had seen it's share of dismay.

Watson muttered "I'll not gun a man down in cold blood. He MUST be brought back to face justice!"

Holmes raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "The Grail first, good ladies and gentlemen. After that we shall see."

The half dome of Earth moved down towards the roof...

OOC Who's stepping off first, any precautions? You can see the rooftop - flat with crenelated walls - and a hatch to allow access. Either that or there are windows in the place...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 01 2022, 21:30

Admin wrote:OOC Who's stepping off first, any precautions? You can see the rooftop - flat with crenelated walls - and a hatch to allow access. Either that or there are windows in the place...

OOC: Provided I can hold the earth capsule together when I step off it, I will go first as I have super fast reactions and might be able to dodge whatever nasties are here. Besides which I am all ears and eyes for danger. If all seems well, then I suggest that I scout ahead find a way in and then disembark the rest.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 01 2022, 22:06

The Haunt lets go of the earthball and then swoops down to the inner courtyard to see what defenses or troops may be lined up there. If he doesn't spot anyone, he will join his partner back on the top of the tower.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02 2022, 11:28

STEEPLEJACK

With a waved hand Steeplejack reformed the earth hemisphere to be an extension of the wall itself, supported and held up by the walls of the castle.

"I'll go first." declared Steeplejack quietly with a hand to hold the others back. By securing the platform for the others under its own weight he could concentrate on doing other things if required! The thought of them all falling to their death from hundreds of feet up after all this...

Haunt sped off towards the inner courtyard of the castle...

Looking about, Steeplejack stepped onto the rooftop.

'click'

It was quiet but Steeplejack was a superhuman and he spun just as a box about 3' square faded into view having blended into view perfectly against the blockwork of the castle wall only a moment before! It opened, unfolding and a tripod with a small gun mounted spun to Steeplejack and started firing!

This was 19th century technology! It was...

RATATATATATATATATAT

OOC Projectile Weapons 10 + Weaponry 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,4,12,10,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (boom!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,12,+0 Total:43 (53) vs
Steeplejack OV13 + 4D Acrobatics + Range 1 + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,1,12,10,8,4,+0 Total: 22 (36) Success +6
EV10 +6 (EV16) vs RV22 (using Force Shield)=0 Damage

Despite being sprayed by bullets Steeplejack grunted, pulling earth from the mound he'd brought the group on and instantly forming it up to create an impenetrable wall from which bullets flattened and pooled on the rooftop!

OOC You're up (no need for initiative against this...)

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 02 2022, 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02 2022, 11:32

HAUNT

Swooping down to the courtyard, the white rocket with cartoon eyes and hands rotated to hover in place whilst he looked about.

This was an old, beautiful castle and medieval in every sense. Then Haunt heard the RATATATATATA! of gunfire from the roof! He spun to race back up there but paused, glancing around and narrowing his eyes. The entire floor of the courtyard, some one hundred feet square, was glistening, as if wet.

He turned to go back to the others then paused again.

Was the floor... moving? (OOC it's dark and hard to see without some kind of light from a torch or lamp etc...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 02 2022, 12:15

Admin wrote:STEEPLEJACK
OOC You're up (no need for initiative against this...)

Leaping up over the gun, Steeplejack landed atop it where he could safely disable or destroy it whilst taking a good look around to see what else was here waiting for him and the others before they stepped off.

OOC:
Check secret doors, and search for hidden traps...or the equivalent if you know what I mean ;-)

How is the digit that you nearly severed? Sounded awful, hope it is getting better.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 02 2022, 13:41

Admin wrote:HAUNT

Swooping down to the courtyard, the white rocket with cartoon eyes and hands rotated to hover in place whilst he looked about.

This was an old, beautiful castle and medieval in every sense. Then Haunt heard the RATATATATATA! of gunfire from the roof! He spun to race back up there but paused, glancing around and narrowing his eyes. The entire floor of the courtyard, some one hundred feet square, was glistening, as if wet.

He turned to go back to the others then paused again.

Was the floor... moving? (OOC it's dark and hard to see without some kind of light from a torch or lamp etc...)

The Haunt looks back up towards where everyone was left but not hearing any further cries believes Steeplejack had handled the problem. Now for his possible problem. He flies over to the wall and grabs a hunk of rock out of it with his strength and tosses it down into the middle of the courtyard to see what happens when he does.

ooc: Yeah, careful with that thumb. It's really hard to hit a Space key without it. If it seems to swell or get really tender, get a doctor to look at it as it might have gotten infected.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03 2022, 21:00

STEEPLEJACK

OOC No need to roll.

Steeplejack hopped over the gun and scooped it up as it spun to track him, yanking a belt of ammo so it spat nothing on the first shot and jammed on the recoil without propellant to force it back. Looking at it seemed to suggest it was 19th Century engineering based on a 20th Century design. Of course, whomever had made it would have to draw on the manufacturing and resources of this era even if his Advent chums could snatch designs from the future, albeit ones that could be adapted to this era's (relatively) crude technology.

Looking about, he checked for more traps, slightly perturbed his Danger Sense had considered this threat too 'below' him.

OOC Int 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:7 (17) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:13 (20) FAILED

Frowning, he couldn't see anything but if there were any more 'hidden' guns he could encircle his friends with the Earth Shield. He hoped.

OOC your call on whether to call out to tell them it's safe...

Thumb isn't too bad, thanks for asking. Could have been worse (and lopped the whole end off) As it is it goes half way around the thumb. I've had worse (dislocated the other thumb once, held on by skin).

The NEW Vanguard TEAM UP! Haunt Issue #13 with special guest star Steeplejack! - Page 10 1646302887981

Typing is still tricky though!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 04 2022, 22:56

Admin wrote:Frowning, he couldn't see anything but if there were any more 'hidden' guns he could encircle his friends with the Earth Shield. He hoped.

OOC your call on whether to call out to tell them it's safe...

Thumb isn't too bad, thanks for asking. !

OOC: Ouch that looks nasty, but hopefully it will heal since it's not completely severed. Though you'd best watch for infection.

Steeplejack motioned for the others to join him but added. "Things are a little off, not reading it right, so go careful there may be more traps that I've not yet detected."

Taking the lead, he lead them into the tower, going first and some way ahead to make sure that the group had early warning if anything should be sprung along the way. He continued to be careful letting his affinity for earth and stone guide him with his uncanny senses.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09 2022, 10:26

OOC Not much of an excuse but the last couple of days have been a nightmare trying to type. I'm pretty much two handed when typing and every time I used the thumb even slightly it would pop open like a grape and leak all over the keyboard until I noticed it, swore a lot and rushed for tissues. Typing with a big plaster on it is a waste of time, hitting several keys at once.

So I'm typing as carefully as I can right now, the thumb already popped about 20 mins ago when using a fork at breakfast so trying to type very lightly and not use the thumb. Harder than it sounds. And slower. Quite frustrating!

HAUNT

Hearing no further sounds of commotion from the upper levels of the castle Haunt changed his fingers into suction cups and popped a brick from the wall. The ancient mortar was strong but in no way a hindrance to someone who could comfortably benchpress hundreds of tons without breaking a sweat.

He tossed it into the courtyard.

As it hit the ground the floor 'rippled' and confirmed Haunts' suspicions, especially as it morphed, a moment later, into a vaguely (giant) humanoid figure with four arms and growing ever larger from the floor! Pretty much like an inhuman/inverse version of Haunt himself! The creature - if such it was - rose with lightning speed and morphed huge fists on each of its arms ready to strike at Haunt! It could stretch... a long way it seemed and Haunt knew he was in for a fight!

OOC But at least he's not surprised!

Initiative

Roll(2d12)+0:

Haunt 26+11 (37)
Mimic 23 + 6 (29)

Haunt is up.

Be careful - don't underestimate this thing!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09 2022, 10:34

STEEPLEJACK

"What about Mr Carter? I mean, his body, bless his soul." asked Dr Watson as he looked about, taking a moment to mop his brow.

Holmes nodded. "Indeed. Perhaps it would be safer to leave someone here to watch over him then Mr Gibbs can return once all is made safe, using his unique talents."

"I for one don't intend to sit out the action!" declared Captain Savage. "I may not be able to heft boulders like they were made of paper but I can shoot and intend to do my share!"

"I'll stay." said Watson. "I'm not much in a fight anyway."

"I will stay with the Doctor." said Anjali. "My thirst for adventure has perhaps over-ridden my reason! I am part delighted and in part terrified by all that has gone on!" The shape shifting alien was a youngster and somewhat oout of her depth.

"That leaves the rest of us. I intend to do my part." said Starky.

"Perhaps you can modify my gun as before sir." replied Savage.

Starky nodded. "You are a better shot than me but I think I can - at a stretch - do two items when it comes to my weird and strange modifications."

"Your talent borders on the mystical." declared Holmes. "I for one am glad to have you along sirrah! Now lead on Mr Gibb. Anjali..." he hands over his own firearm and draws his sword cane. "Protect the Doctor, for he is dear to me!" he leans in, whispering whilst Watson pears over the battlements in fear and pales at the height.

OOC More later. Popped my thumb again. Hopefully it will harden when I get back to the keyboard! Rassen, frassen, rassen. It's sore rather than painful but more annoying than anything else when it goes again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 09 2022, 10:42

Admin wrote:STEEPLEJACK

OOC More later. Popped my thumb again. Hopefully it will harden when I get back to the keyboard! Rassen, frassen, rassen. It's sore rather than painful but more annoying than anything else when it goes again.

OOC: Ouch, sounds nasty even if it's annoying it sounds like you might need a stitch on two in that buddy.

Steeplejack nodded to the others and smiled reassuringly to Anjali, before moving down the walls to the lower flours to check them out before indicating to the others to follow, carefully. He couldn't be sure that he had spotted every trap, loose stone, or catch on the way down. But he could be ready to protect the others with his uncanny abilities if necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 09 2022, 12:59

ooc: I second the seeing the doctor vote!

The Haunt swooped back up to the tower everyone was on and yelled out, "Hey Guys! Look what I found! Can I keep it?"

try Aura of Fear on it.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 09 2022, 13:04

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  I second the seeing the doctor vote!

The Haunt swooped back up to the tower everyone was on and yelled out, "Hey Guys!  Look what I found!  Can I keep it?"

try Aura of Fear on it.

OOC: IN which case I think Steeplejack will about turn and look to assist? Hmm, not much help though I think. But we'll see.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 09 2022, 19:22

ooc: So I guess that means we are not keeping it? Exclamation Question Crying or Very sad
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 18 2022, 07:25

STEEPLEJACK

The hero was about to head into the castle - and trust his danger sense to warn him of further traps - when he heard Haunt shout out!

Holmes heard it too and hissed "Go! Any challenge for our friend may need BOTH your attentions!"

Savage bristled but nodded, admitting to himself that some things were beyond being an expert hand to hand combatant and marksman.

HAUNT

The seething mass of ... whatever it was poured at Haunt, so he in turn poured on his aura of Fear!

OOC Aura of Fear 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (21) Success +2
EV10 +2 (EV12) vs RV12=0 RAPs. Failure.

Haunt felt he almost got through but the creature paused then rushed at him even faster, as if maddened!

The creature swung massive (car sized) fists at Haunt, and he finally realised what it must feel like for his own foes to feel those imposing hammers of justice!

OOC Dex 11 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,12,5,9,11,+0 Total:23 (34) vs
OV10 + 3D Acrobatics + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,11,7,9,12,+0 Total:23 (33) Success +1
EV13 +1 (EV14) vs RV14=0 RAPs No Damage

Despite striking, the creature was thwarted when it met the immovable object! It roared a strange high pitched scream... and grew!

Swelling, expanding, getting wider and larger, it towered over not just Haunt but the Castle wall itself! It's fists were bigger now, the size of a SUV!

Steeplejack rounded a corner and paused, looking up... and up! This thing was HUGE! Hunt was a white swirling mass of tattered cape and agile limbs as he swerved about, was caught by a blow but also 'caught' it on his arms rather than being pounded into the stone!

OOC Initiative...Roll(3d12)+0:

Haunt 26 + 8 (34)
Steeplejack 34 + 1 (35)
Advent Creature 23 + 1 (24)

Steep, Haunt then the creature

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 18 2022, 21:01

DavidMcMahon wrote:Let's go with stretchy mallet hands and try smashing two of the wights, using telescopic vision to get rid of range penalties.

OOC: Not sure what is best to do here, martial arts seems a bit gamey against such a great big creature, but earth control blasts at it maybe aren't strong enough to make a dent in it. Perhaps I can try and blind it with earth, use earth force shields over whatever it uses for eyes, or just seek to impede it if Martial Arts aren't much good against it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 21 2022, 14:10

OOC With regards what to do... The creature is best described as 'a fluid form' so much as Frostbite in the Vanguard has that power, this thing has it in spades and will flow around the punches like water unless you are fast enough and strong enough to land a punch and make an impact. With it being so big and powerful Steeplejack is maybe better placed to provide a distraction and strike if/when he can whilst drawing it's fire and doing his best to avoid the blows (which he's really good at with high Dex and Acrobatics). He's very strong (press over 200 tons) but this may need Haunt like levels of Strength. Haunt is agile and great fighter but Steep is on another level in terms of skill, just not as heavy a hitter because Haunt pretty much never misses with those hammers of his.

It's your call but I'd go with that. Taunt the thing, draw it's fire, throw everything into defence/avoidance and give Haunt the opportunity he needs to strike from a blind side and really unload with a Devastating Attack or similar. Or you can punch away, go for your own Dev Attack and hope to land a punch. Your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next