The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

3 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 3 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  Admin Mon Dec 30 2019, 19:10

OOC I echo Dave E's sentiments. Hope you both had a pleasant and peaceful Christmas and here's hoping 2020 brings good fortune and health to all!

D'Veere answered. "Hmm. That was quick. I take it Thoth turned you away as he did me? No? Remarkable."

He listened as Steeplejack spoke. "Hmm. The prison facility that was infiltrated last year was relocated to a new secret location. That will take some digging up. I do have contacts but no longer enjoy the top level clearance that I did... I wonder why Thoth suggested you contact Ms Kidney? Anyway, I'm sending details. Not too far away from where you are actually, if she's there. Whilst in the House of Lords Antoinette dwells in a rather nice penthouse in Central London. I'll contact her. She was never as ... odd.. as Thoth but the 'final battle' left her with scars that never fully healed, sadly."

D'Veere hung up and Steeplejacks phone buzzed. An address.

In moments with Rush King clung to an arm Steeplejack line swung through the streets of London faster than even a black cab Taxi could negotiate. His knowledge of London was comparable and going 'as the crow flew' was far faster than by city streets, even at this late hour. It still took around 20 minutes to get across London while keeping a relatively low profile. The time was now around 2300. Settling down across the street from the address given, the pair looked up. And up.

The tower block was made of steel and glass. Inwardly Steeplejack groaned. The ground floor foyer was manned by a security guard and the glass doors locked. The Guard sat behind a screen/desk and appeared to be watching something.

As the pair stood in the shadows across the street from the building Steeplejack frowned. What...?

THOOOOM!!!!

The pair looked up and saw an eleventh - or twelfth, perhaps, it was tricky counting from ground level - floor explode outwards in a mushroom of flame, steel and glass! What the ...??? As smoke spewed out debris started to tumble towards the street below! It was mostly empty aside from occasional revellers... but they were in the line of fire and shocked into indecision!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 3 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 30 2019, 19:32

Admin wrote:THOOOOM!!!!

The pair looked up and saw an eleventh - or twelfth, perhaps, it was tricky counting from ground level - floor explode outwards in a mushroom of flame, steel and glass! What the ...??? As smoke spewed out debris started to tumble towards the street below! It was mostly empty aside from occasional revellers... but they were in the line of fire and shocked into indecision!

OOC: I'll wait for Dave to chime in, this is his play and I'm along for the ride, then I'll put in my 2 penneth worth ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Dec 31 2019, 21:04

"Ah CRAP! Never an easy day is there," Rush snaps out as he grabs his handkerchief from his pocket and tying it bandit style over his lower face as he rushes out to the explosion and STRETCHES!

Action - Stretch up and over and be a pliable canopy over the bystanders and use Stretching to absorb the falling debris to prevent them from being hurt. With my wonky power set I hope I can do that
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 01 2020, 17:05

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Ah CRAP!  Never an easy day is there," Rush snaps out as he grabs his handkerchief from his pocket and tying it bandit style over his lower face as he rushes out to the explosion and STRETCHES!

Action -   Stretch up and over and be a pliable canopy over the bystanders and use Stretching to absorb the falling debris to prevent them from being hurt.  With my wonky power set I hope I can do that

Not one to be left out of the action, Steeplejack impressed by his new 'partner's' abilities, uses his earthmoving powers to create to scoop up debris and or create safe spaces for people to shelter under.

Turning to King, he said, "What do I call you with "Civie's" around?" More importantly, Steeplejack and King had an appointment with a certain Iron Lady, and no doubt this explosion was either to stop her, stop them, or a preemptive strike of a more sinister nature. Either way, they had to get inside and quick.

OOC: Steeplejack will suggest they get inside asap, no security guard is likely to have time to stop them, besides which there may already be hostiles inside and people will need help, not to mention the certain Ferrous clad lady who might need some additional security right about now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jan 01 2020, 22:08

"Later! I'll change when we get this resolved."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 02 2020, 06:11

Rush/Masked Man formed a barrier over the street where civilians might get injured using his own body!

Sharp glass and metal rained down from above - and would have doubtless caused injury and possibly death had Rush not done as he'd done - but reflected harmlessly aside from the stretchy/pliable form!

Even as the metal/glass pinged off him Rush knew *something* was different. He'd not had to concentrate on his powers at all! Did this mean...

He reached out with a finger/tendril stretching from his body to 'nudge' a parked car and easily shifted it from its neatly parked space to be lop sided!

His full powers were BACK!

Steeplejack raised a hand and instantly created a form of hovering barrier made of soil and dirt (OOC Force Shield) that floated where he gestured and easily protected anyone from stray debris!

Car alarms blared, dust continued to rain down and coughing/screaming/shouting from those on the street formed a cacophony of noise with an air of panic to it.

Steeplejack formed a clod of earth large enough for the pair of them to stand on and it shot over for him to step onto. Using his mind he could easily fly it about with him stood on it! It would whisk him and Rush (if he required) up to the 11th floor in no time...

OOC Earth Control 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:1 28 vs
Volume of Earth moved 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,8,+0 Total:24

+3 EV (to 16) - RV 4 = 12RAPs.

Steeplejack can effectively 'fly' while stood on the clod of earth at pretty much supersonic speed (12APs speed is about 3.5-4k mph).

Stood on the 'clod' Steeplejack knew that the police and possibly security services would be here in minutes. There would be questions asked that Rush and possibly Antoinette Kidney, his former team mate, might not want to answer! He needed to find out what had happened, help Antoinette (if she was in there and still alive!) and stop whomever had perpetrated this attack, if it was on her!

OOC HAUNT IS BACK TO FULL POWERS AND ABILITIES

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jan 02 2020, 12:42

"Steeplejack! get us up there please and make a quick hidey hole once you do so I can change into my costume," Masked Man asked as he made sure that no one needed emergency first aid, that couldn't wait until the authorities showed up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 08 2020, 01:59

OOC I'll be posting later on (it's 0157, just got in from work and both my smoke alarms in this poxy house are chirping so they want new batteries - which I don't have - and I won't get any sleep) but just a heads up as the girlfriends Dad died yesterday (7th Jan) so I may be running about a bit to help her over the next few days. Dave E - can you post in the Haunt/Steeplejack issue and I'll update that too. Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 08 2020, 12:40

Admin wrote:OOC I'll be posting later on (it's 0157, just got in from work and both my smoke alarms in this poxy house are chirping so they want new batteries - which I don't have - and I won't get any sleep) but just a heads up as the girlfriends Dad died yesterday (7th Jan) so I may be running about a bit to help her over the next few days. Dave E - can you post in the Haunt/Steeplejack issue and I'll update that too. Cheers, Paul

OOC: Sorry wasn't getting notification emails about this thread being updated, for some reason... So sorry to hear about your Girlfriends Dad, Paul take whatever time is needed.

Steeplejack took one look at King seeing something clearly had changed, but questions would have to wait.

"hold tight" he cautioned as they took off faster than any elevator toward their destination, at which point he hopped off after King had done the same, and started to get their bearings in the smoke and aftermath of the attack.

"We'd best find out what if anything is left of our contact. Police will soon be here, no doubt that they know Iron Lady is a Lord, will no doubt put a spring in their step."

Steeplejack plunged forward trusting his senses to alert him as he pushed forward into the shattered remains of the building.

OOC:Ok taking obvious precautions, if the floor or roof is unstable. Looking out in case this is a kidnapping gone bad and the kidnappers or any other stray bods are about whilst seeking to find where we were directed to by D'Veere.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jan 08 2020, 21:27

If the coast is clear, Rush King is changing into his all white cowboy outfit and becoming the Haunt.

Aw Crap!  I forgot, I left the Haunt outfit at home when I went to see D'Veer in case he was going to be searched.  So no Aura of Fear and no Fog.    Evil or Very Mad

And AH Double Crap! I stretched out in my normal clothes to make that canopy to protect folks from falling debris. So unless it is a specially treated suit, like my costume, that I was wearing [and we never said which it was], it got torn while I was stretching. So I am standing around in shreds of a nice suit, my specially treated undies, because Comics Code, and my handkerchief mask! No wonder Steeplejack is seeing me in a new light! What a Face

Talk about bad planning on my part! affraid

Wonder if I can find a loincloth somewhere and tell folks that I'm the Masked Tarzan?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 13 2020, 12:44

OOC Masked Tarzan made me laugh out loud Laughing

You can self manipulate so essentially take a body part and spread it out into a giant hand or different shape. Your clothes might be stretched somewhat but are well within comic code authority guidelines. You are right about the Haunt mask/costume as those things are required by Haunt to apply the imagination to 'trigger' the effect.

The heroes soar upwards alongside the tower block to the required floor. Smoke and debris fluttered outwards in the breeze and glass tinkled as it dropped to the floor. It was too hard to make details out at the moment and a number of small fires had broken out.

As the mass of Earth drew level with the window the pair of heroes could see strange green flashlights cutting through the smoky gloom.

OOC Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 + Danger Sense 9 (26) vs OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:25. Success +1 EV (Danger Sense to 10) - RV 4 = 6RAPs

Steeplejack is in danger!

OOC No specifics (result wasn't good enough) but Steeplejack is able to react defensively is he requires. Options are:

Using Acrobatics to give you a pile of dice to dodge with
Using Force Shield to form a clump of Earth from his flying clod to protect in front of him (not wide enough to cover Haunt as well)
Shout a warning to Haunt so he's not surprised
Something else.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 13 2020, 20:08

Admin wrote:Shout a warning to Haunt so he's not surprised

"Haunt, look out incoming" and with that Steeplejack leaped forward from their earth platform and into the damaged floor before them.

OOC: Ok assuming that Haunt joins me and that at some point he tells me his pseudonym is Haunt etc. Anyway once on the floor, and assuming Haunt is able to join me, I will let go of the clod of earth, perhaps let it disintegrate or form a shield up in front of us if need be. Whilst we await whatever nasties are heading our way.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jan 13 2020, 21:24

Masked Tarzan goes full defensive with stretching/absorption at the ready as he looks for the danger.

hehehe! Now I am wondering if i can make a Masked Tarzan. Maybe steal B'wana Beast's look. Yes, DC Comics has a character called B'wana Beast. Look him up, he is a hoot!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 14 2020, 14:11

DavidMcMahon wrote:Masked Tarzan goes full defensive with stretching/absorption at the ready as he looks for the danger.

hehehe!  Now I am wondering if i can make a Masked Tarzan.  Maybe steal B'wana Beast's look.  Yes, DC Comics has a character called B'wana Beast.  Look him up, he is a hoot!

00C Wow, my eyes, my eyes, can't unsee that now. Ugh maybe it will stun the bad guys with your awesome pecks Dave ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jan 14 2020, 15:54

ooc: And his power is just flat out weird. He can combine animals, birds, insects and fish into some sort of combined creature that follows his commands. Combine a rhino and an elephant and get a Rhinophant. Or a mosquito with a giraffe and get a blood-sucking giraffe. Or a homing pigeon with a kangaroo and get a ... not sure what but it can find its way back to its home. Laughing
Just not sure how under the DC Hero rules you would make him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 14 2020, 16:31

OOC in terms of Defence Steeplejack is excellent with Body 9 + Force Shield 9 (18) to defend with, Haunt is even more impressive with 14 Body and 10 Stretching (though he cannot attack in the same round as he uses Stretching to defend with) for 24 Defence. Eat your heart out Mr Fantastic! (Though Plastic Man might be able to better even that...).

Steeplejack forms the earth into a wall/shield of ultra hard earth formed into a super hard compacted stone that obeys his every whim! However he is taken aback slightly when the Actor with the mask and the shredded clothes stretches to form himself into a protective wall!

"I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing, but you've bitten off more than you can chew!" said a metallic, robotic voice from within the smoke and darkness!

OOC Attack with Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,8,2,8,1,+0 Total: 16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total: 44 vs
Dex 11 + multi Attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:31

HIT +5 Effect.

Projectile Weapons 15 + 5 (20) vs RV 24 +2 (multi Attack) = NO DAMAGE

A high pitched WHIRRRRRRRRRRRR rings out and thousands of tiny plastic pellets buzz into haunts rubbery body! Despite their being plastic they are fired as such a hypersonic velocity that they change shape into a bullet like projectile and would have punched through even an armoured car or side of a tank. Luckily for the heroes haunts hide is tougher than any tanks and able to deform to absorb most projectiles!

The mashed pellets rattle to the floor and the heroes peer through the smoke... only to hear a 'ripping' sound (OOC much like masked tarzans clothes...) that doesn't sound like cloth... it sounds... like FLESH!

From the smoke and rubble several dark shapes begin to sprout up... Haunt catches a glimpse of a dark clad soldier type like the ones they'd recently defeated but this one is transforming into something else... Something... Alien.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 3 Faceless-dch

Their are four of these things, and they tower as high as the ceiling in here, some 7' tall or more. Those finger/claws look sharper than any razor and they mean business!

More smoke clears and another form is revealed...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 3 Iron-lady-pic

"A girl can't even watch the bloody tv in peace..." says the robotic form. Nearby the mangled chewed up remains of a wheelchair are crumpled into a heap. "Who wants some first then, eh? You might have soaked up my first shot but I have more where that came from!" said the metallic/robotic voice which has a slight female twang to it... It has a similar look to Iron ladies old suit thinks Steeplejack, but more telling is the no nonsense taking no rubbish from anyone attitude after her apartment has just been blown up that suggests this is indeed IRON LADY. She appears not to have fully seen her old team mate, Steeplejack, yet though (and has no idea who Haunt/Naked masked Tarzan or B'wana Beats or whatever is).

OOC INITIATIVE!

Roll(4d12)+0:
4 HAUNT (total 30)
8 STEEPLEJACK (total 39)
2 IRON LADY (Total 29)
6 ADVENT FACELESS INFILTRATION ASSASSINS (Total 26)

Steeplejack first, then Haunt, Iron lady and the Faceless last. There are FOUR Faceless that you can see... possibly more elsewhere...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 14 2020, 16:36

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  And his power is just flat out weird.  He can combine animals, birds, insects and fish into some sort of combined creature that follows his commands.  Combine a rhino and an elephant and get a Rhinophant.  Or a mosquito with a giraffe and get a blood-sucking giraffe.  Or a homing pigeon with a kangaroo and get a ... not sure what but it can find its way back to its home.    Laughing
Just not sure how under the DC Hero rules you would make him.

OOC Can't find any stats of B'Wana beast. Probably best to cover with some high APs of Shape Changing or Animal Mimickry power or something. He was an odd ball who showed up in Brave and the Bold cartoon show if I recall but no idea if he's DC Canon or not...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 14 2020, 19:49

Admin wrote:Steeplejack first, then Haunt, Iron lady and the Faceless last. There are FOUR Faceless that you can see... possibly more elsewhere...[/i][/color]

Steeplejack hailed Iron Lady, "Well hay look at you, I hope you didn't spend all evening buffing the rust out of that thing. These guys mean business and it looks like they've come to deliver. I guess it's just as well that I and my...new-found friend showed up when we did."

Steeplejack jumped forward toward the first attacker, leaping at him with the aim of giving it a mighty kick back into the middle of next week.

OOC: in GH it used to be called a leap into an attack, don't know the relevant parlance here, but that is what I'm aiming to have Sj do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jan 14 2020, 22:05

"Just call me the Masked Tarzan for now," the Haunt says as he morphs his arms into giant hammers.

actions Using Omni-Arm to form giant hand hammers and pound away at the foe furthermost from the group using stretching.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 15 2020, 13:05

The creatures, despite their size were surprisingly agile and all the heroes present were aware that the only way out of the apartment was now a dozen or so floors down out of the destroyed windows!

Steeplejack quipped to Iron Lady as he leapt into the attack (OOC Next time you do that I can apply a -1 to hit +1 damage if you like. For this time we'll go with a standard hit. You have also CRITICAL BLOW and DEVASTATING ATTACK which make it hard to hit but really smash the other guy hard in the mouth if you hit).

Iron Lady turned "Wha...? Who...? J... Steeplejack???" the robotic voice spluttered. "I... wow!"

Steeplejack grinned as he flew through the air past her and into the nearest slimy/melting giant!

OOC Dex 11 + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,8,9,1,3,+0 Total: 18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total: 47 vs
Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,12,+0 Total:29

+6 Effect (added to Strength 9) 15 vs RV 20 (this Faceless is NOT attacking this round, it is Stretching/Protecting as Haunt just did) NO DAMAGE

Steeplejack more or less crashed THROUGH the creatures, which instantly reformed the hole in its chest and spun to tower above the hero! As far as he could tell despite his stunning blow he'd not made a dent in the creature! Perhaps his incredible control over earth and rocks could help (OOC and indeed he can summon up his Force Shield to help him defend from one attack/direction).

Haunt stretched out his massive hammer arms to twirl and THWACK at a slime creature.

OOC Again, with so many dice floating about from you guys I would HIGHLY recommend you CRITICAL BLOW or DEVASTATING ATTACK (Crit blow is easier to hit with Dev attack really hands out the damage!) whenever you can. For now...

Haunt Attacks with massive Hammers! Dex 10 + Roll(7d12)+0: 3,11,2,3,3,2,4,+0 Total:6 Oh crikey that's a tough one. Erm DOUBLE three plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total: 24 vs
Faceless Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:18

+3 Effect (to 17) vs RV 20 (Once again the Faceless is protecting with Stretching as Haunt did). NO DAMAGE

A hammer smashed into a creature which formed around it and sprung up unharmed. ANOTHER smashed into the creature and once more it reformed on its feet without any apparent harm!

"Boys, best leave this to a professional! If you want something done get a WOMAN to do it!" chuckled the Robotic form as she levelled an arm at another creature and let rip with hypersonic pellets!

OOC Iron Lady attacks with CRITICAL BLOW on another Faceless. Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,9,9,3,11,+0 Total: 18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total: 38 vs
Faceless Dex 8 + 4 Crit Blow + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:16 OOF! This won't end well.

+7 Effect ( to 22) vs RV 20 (Once again defending with stretching) - 6 (Crit Blow) = 8 Damage

2 x Faceless unharmed but CANNOT attack
1 x Faceless (IL target) on 4/12 Body

The creature roared as pellets smashed thousands of holes into its form, many of which did not heal up and the creature staggered in pain.

"See?" she laughed.

One of the Faceless stretched and slashed at her!

OOC Going for CRIT BLOW Dex 8 + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,11,4,3,6,+0 Total: 17 (25 total) vs
Dex 9 + 4 Crit Blow + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total: 18

+4 Effect (to 19) vs 20 RV -6 Crit Blow = 5 Damage to Iron Lady

Iron Lady staggers as hyper sharp claws scythe through her Force Field and into her armoured suit! It sparks and buzzes, and a glance reveals several areas are damaged.

"Touche..." she grunts and reels from the blow. "Watch it guys this ... thing... packs a punch..."

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 3 Faceless-attack

OOC initiative...

12 Haunt (38)
8 Steeplejack (39)
4 Iron Lady (33)
8 faceless (28)

As you were. Steep, Masked Tarzan  Shocked , Iron lady, faceless. Go for it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 15 2020, 14:41

Admin wrote:12 Haunt (38)
8 Steeplejack (39)
4 Iron Lady (33)
8 faceless (28)

As you were. Steep, Masked Tarzan  Shocked , Iron lady, faceless. Go for it![/i][/color]

"Oh that has got to hurt...but someone needs to teach these guys a lesson, that is no way to treat a lady!"

And with that Steeplejack took the time necessary to size these things up.

OOC: Ok as duly noted going for a critical attack, seeking to see if I can deal out some pain. And if that doesn't bring home the bacon, then Sj will use his force ability to see if he can't ward off the blows until he can think of a way to stop these guys. Esp with Iron Lady being so effective but also now so damaged. I'll see and move closer to her if I can after this attack.
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jan 15 2020, 19:41

Not sure the difference between Crit Blow and Deves Attack. I will use the one that gives me the best chance of hitting them.

Using his hammer-hands to smash left and right at my target, so he gets hit in-between and maybe a bit smashed/squished as a result.

"That ain't no way to treat a lady, no way to treat your baby, Your woman, your friend. That ain't no way to treat a lady,," sang Masked Tarzan as he attacked again.
[Helen Reddy song]
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 15 2020, 23:11

OOC Don't worry too much about the rules mechanic stuff, I got it. However, if you DO want to know...

(In the current House Ruled moving away from the table version we use, that afficionados turn their noses up - I'm on the DC heroes FB group and got sniffed at for suggesting dropping the table, for the most part!)

Critical Blow: Adds +4 to the Opposing Values Defence,Subtracts -6 from their Resistance
Devastating Attack: Adds +8 to the Opposing Value Defence, Subtracts -12 from their Resistance

As you can see, Devastating Attack improves their defence massively (for an ordinary person it would jump their Dex 2 to Dex 10!) but smashes their Resistance (Body/Mind/Spirit) to smithereens with -12... to put into context Haunt has Body 14 so if someone landed a Blow with 10 Strength then 10 vs 14= no damage. However a successful Devastating blow would be 10 Strength - 2 Resistance (Body 14 -12) = 8 damage! Quite a difference.

Critical blow has less of an impact but is far easier to land a hit with...

Steeplejack figured he'd have to punch harder than that, somehow.

Without a ready supply of Earth to hand (though he supposed he could summon it from the ground below - he wondered how the residents would take to the remodelling but remembered this entire floor had been pretty much blown out) it was up to his fists and feet to do the talking!

OOC Critical Blow... Dex 11 + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,4,6,3,10,+0 Total: 20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total: 28 + 11 (39) vs
Dex 8 + 4 (crit blow) + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total: 27

Success +5 EV

Str 9 + 5 (14) vs RV 20 (once more it seems happy to soak up the blows) -6 (crit Blow) (14) = NO DAMAGE

Again Steeplejack was frustrated! He smashed through the creature, spun and saw it reform on the spot! All he'd done was keep it busy! They were clearly after Iron Lady and happy to keep him and 'Masked Tarzan' busy whilst they finished her off!

'Masked Tarzan' swung his hammers again...

OOC Dex 10 + Roll(7d12)+0: 10,5,8,1,8,6,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:38 + 10 (48) vs
Dex 8 + Crit Blow +4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:25

Hit +7 EV

Omni Arm 14 + 7 (21) vs RV20 (again, soaking up) -6 (crit blow) (14) = 7 damage to Haunts Faceless foe

Smash! This time gobbets of the creature spat backwards and splattered against the wall, the creature rocking on its heels and swaying uncertainly. It roared in anger and struggled to gather its form together.

A voice shouted "Hey! Are you ok up there? I called the Police and the fire service. I thought you were having a party but I guess a gas main blew or something..." from the stairwell in the corridor.

The fire alarm duly went off and so would the sprinklers had they not been destroyed in the blast. Water was pouring down the walls and from the ceiling in places. Screams could be heard from above and below this floor.

"Damn. I need to take this outside! Steeplejack! Meet me at the old place!" shouted Iron Lady as she added "Come on you ugly sods, lets see how well you fight on MY terms!"

With that she activated boot jets and rocket pack and soared backwards through the gap where her glass wall/window had been and up into the night sky!

The two remaining faceless creatures moved to the gap/window and leapt out, vanishing into the sky close behind the glowing roar of Iron Ladies rocket boots!

The old place.

OOC Correct me if I'm wrong Dave/David but did the Exec game have us operating out of a tower like the BT tower of some kind? Anyway in this universe assume the BT tower was the old place...

Iron Lady fired at one of her pursuers and put some extra oomph into this shot to dissuade it...

OOC Going for a Crit Blow

Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,5,9,11,3,+0 Total:23 (32 total) vs
Dex 8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:30

Hit +2 EV

Projectile Weapons 15 + 2 (17) vs RV 12 - 6 (Crit Blow) (6) = 11 Damage.. on top of the damage its already taken. FACELESS (on IL) is DOWN!

The heroes saw a stream of tracer light the sky from Iron Lady as she flew up and backwards and slam into the form of a following creature! It roared, then disintegrated into a puddle, dropping to the ground like a shower of something nasty from on high!

The remaining faceless stretched out to try and GRAB Iron Lady with a stretched arm...

OOC Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total: 26 vs
Dex 9  + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total: 25

Success +1 EV

Stre 13 +1 (14) vs RV 20 = No damage but the hand grasps around her leg... then slips off the slippery forcefield!

The Heroes see the light from the boot jets waver in the air, the remaining creature chasing Iron Lady lands on a roof and immediately leaps again (OOC It has leaps that Hulk would be proud of) to keep hot on her heels!

A roar from behind the heroes reminds them of the two remaining creatures...

OOC We'll do initiative as before. This time the creatures are NOT defending but are trying to get out and after Iron Lady!

Steep, Haunt. IL, Faceless (3 remaining)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jan 16 2020, 00:45

"YOU take them down, I will hold them in place," Masked Tarzan says to Steeplejack. He will stretch himself across the room, blocking any exits and using Absorbing to absorb any damage that they try to do to him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 16 2020, 12:25

Admin wrote:Steep, Haunt. IL, Faceless (3 remaining)[/i][/color]

Steeplejack nodded, unsure if Iron Lady was going to be ok in a fight alone, but having divided the forces and done considerably more damage than he himself had so far put out, he wasn't sure if it was him who should be retiring at this rate.

Nodding at Haunt's suggestion and mindful of the other occupants of the block Steeplejack was keen to not mess this up.

OOC:ok so needing to do some real damage to overcome their considerable flexible resistance I'll have to go for Devastating attack, not much else I can do here.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next