The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Empty THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  Admin Sun Dec 08 2019, 21:41

Sleep.

Sometimes even superheroes need to rest.

He dreamed. The dust kicked up by the horse trailed behind as it galloped at a speed any derby winner could only marvel at. The train 'wooo woooo'd' somewhere in the distance. It would be an impossibility for a horse to cover that many miles in so short a time. Beneath the mask, the man grinned.

The horse seemed to speed up, until even dust wasn't thrown up behind it, the hooves barely touching the ground! An onlooker would see only a pail blur, one that mirrored the moon.

A cliff edge loomed ahead, a crevasse beyond too far to jump and too deep to survive a fall from. Below in the valley the train with the experimental explosive over 100 years before its time roared on its way to the end of the line: Deadwood, South Dakota. A lawless place that pulled outlaws in from all over. Would it be a tragedy if it were destroyed? Wiped from the face of the Earth? Probably not, save that there were innocents there... and descendants of very bad men who would, generations later, form a superhero group that would... The cliff edge and the four hundred foot drop yawned beneath him, the horse fearlessly leaping to its death, seemingly!

Except it wasn't a horse any more. It morphed into great white wings and the masked man soared down towards the train...

THE HAUNT ISSUE #8

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Haunt-issue-8

Rush King yawned and rubbed still tired eyes. Daylight broke through the gap in the curtains. Where...? Home. London. Hours upon hours of travel. He was home. His friends Doctor Praetorious and Yeoman were still in France. Abandoned. His future self had told him to get back here, that the world was at stake. History itself was being tampered with by Aliens who couldn't win by conventional means.

They were cheating.

Well, you couldn't very well fight the devil without climbing down into his pit, and that meant getting your hands dirty.

Edward D'Vere. Former minister for paranormal affairs. In charge of the 'Executive project'. His future self had said he needed to find him, that he might be able to lead him to a man named John Gibbs who used to go by the name of Steeplejack. Haunt wasn't a hero back then. Not in this reality a voice echoed in his head. Of course, it was easy to forget that a part of him wasn't from this timeline or reality at all. He'd merged with a man named Rush King and mostly been submerged.

The Executive were active in the early 2000s, in a time when the public were extremely wary of superheroes after a number of high profile 'tussles' that had seen extensive property damage and some loss of life. Rather than outlaw a resource they could harness and control the Government acted by forming a state sanctioned superhero team.

British Bulldog, Iron Lady, Vindex, Ben Nevis, Wandafar, Steeplejack, Billy Whizz, Jack Pelham, Professor Thoth and Retribution.*

Ben Nevis... didn't he die? Yes. The memories were vague but there were ... complications. A battle against a villainous group calling itself the Deadly Dozen. Fleet Street more or less flattened. Iron Lady crippled, her powered suit more or less destroyed. Battered heroes, civilian casualties, police and army personnel scattered like ninepins. Ben had died holding up a building whilst people were evacuated. The Dozen had attacked him as had done so, and he'd fallen under an impossible mass of dust, stone and steel. Bulldog had gone berserk... the press had a field day. Parliament in an uproar. The public distraught. A legacy shattered, a nation in mourning.

The detective in Haunt relished the challenge, but was also aware of the weight on his shoulders. Save not just the world, but Earths history and reality?

Rush King hauled himself from bed and towards the bathroom. He would strike the first blow for the human race today. Later? The Haunt would ride out...

HAUNT HP 84

*In this reality LIONHEART did not form part of the Executive

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resTHE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Dec 09 2019, 12:48

ooc: Really cool picture there! Very Happy

"Time to do some detective work," Rush said as he finished his breakfast. "Now I could go hit the joints and get some stoolies to talk or … I could just get on the Internet and see what I can find out about D'Vere and Gibbs. Heck, they may even have their own information page! Also need to track down old newspaper articles as well, get an idea what the history was that caused the Executive to go "bad." and what they did after that."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 10 2019, 02:15

Firing up his laptop and being careful to use a VPN, Rush settled down to do some scouring...

OOC Int 8 + Roll(6d10)+0: 3,10,10,6,9,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:29 + 8 (37) vs

OV 7 + Roll(2d10)+0: 4,10,+0 Total: 21

SUCCESS +6 EV (Int 8 +6 = 14) - RV 7 = 7 RAPs

It doesn't take Haunt long to find something about D'Vere.

Edward Charles Archibald D'vere III, born 1945 in London, England. The third son of Robert Reginald Robespierre D'Vere, noted scientist and pioneering geneticist. Both older brothers were killed 'in the line of duty' whilst on diplomatic duties for the United Kingdom. Mother deceased in a plane crash when D'Vere was aged 6. Suggestion of foul play and superhuman involvement.

Spies?

Edward took a different path and used his considerable scientific acumen and contacts to gather a cadre of skilled experts in the field of the paranormal and superhuman fields of study. He was an adviser at ALL levels including the Queen with regards methods and means of dealing with the rise of superhumans in the latter part of the 20th Century. Independently wealthy several of his properties are rented out giving substantial incomes and he maintains a large Chelsea apartment for when official business kept him at the Capital. Official liaison and de facto leader of the Executive Project answerable only to the Prime Minister and the Monarch, he nonetheless 'fell on his sword' and resigned following the disastrous 'Deadly Dozen' encounter which shattered the team and led to its disbanding.

Retired from public life, he is rarely seen out and current whereabouts are unknown, though there are four addresses listed not normally accessible to public records and two of those are in London. Used to frequent the Excalibur club, a selective elitist establishment for members only said to be an offshoot of the Masons. They have an address in London and most major capitals around the world.

John Gibbs, property developer and adventurer. Has taken part in high profile record breaking attempts around the world whilst raising money for charities and foundations with substantial input from Gibbs' own fortune made through buying, enhancing and renting out of property. Less active in the public eye than he was a few years ago, he maintains dozens of properties across the United Kingdom and hundreds more commercial interests. Has been known to date high profile actresses and models, current status unknown. A keen climber, he has ascended every major (and many minor) peaks across the world. Some of his Youtube videos have view counts in the millions and show him balancing on tightropes across canyons and sheer drops.

Steeplejack. Superhero presumed retired having been out of the public eye for over a decade. Superhuman strength and agility, presumed some kind of precognitive danger sense, regenerative capabilities and possibly more besides. Was a solo superhero for a year or two before joining the Executive (the United Kingdoms first foray into state sponsored superheroics). Active for several years until the incident with the 'Deadly Dozen' that saw the death of the hero Ben Nevis, the crippling of the heroine Iron Lady and the leader British Bulldog exacting revenge on the villainous Cestus, one of the Deadly Dozen who concentrated his attentions on Vindex (one of the Executive) before seeing an opportunity to strike Ben Nevis down whilst he was holding up a building so that civilians could escape. Despite being badly wounded in the fight Bulldog tore out the villains throat with his teeth and caused the rest of the Dozen to surrender. Unfortunately the Bulldog had crossed a line that even an adoring public could not stomach and calls for his arrest and trial rang out. The Executive closed ranks around their leader despite his protests that he should surrender himself to the courts and the Government cancelled the Executive program. D'Vere petitioned the Queen herself to pardon Bulldog and prevented the judiciary from getting their hands on him, and for that he was drummed out of the Government as a scapegoat in disgrace.

Steeplejack lay low for a while but re-emerged to fight crime on a street level against superhumans and organisations. On some occasions he has been sighted with several sidekicks but has not given an interview or statement to the press since the disbanding of the Executive. He has not been active for some years. His identity is secret though presumably known to the 'powers that be' in Whitehall as well as D'Vere and the rest of the Executive. That is a moot point if the hero has retired, and there are no outstanding warrants for his arrest. Indeed, a number of high profile police officers have cited Steeplejacks aid in solving difficult and high profile cases as 'invaluable' and that the hero is 'sorely missed'.

Haunt had a head start. He knew Steeplejack/John Gibbs were one and the same, but why had his future self advised to search him out if he was retired? He glanced through pages of details and made a note of a registered company address, that of Highrise Properties Inc, here in London. It was unlikely Gibbs would be there - he'd have others running the place - but it was a start.

He had a couple of leads to go off. Where to start?

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resTHE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 11 2019, 12:04

ooc: still stuck with only using one power for a limited time at a lower level than normal, correct?

Excalibur Club and Highrise Properties. Both sounded like good first leads to Rush King, actor extraordinaire! Just how to approach the two men though? Best bet would be to leave messages for both at those places. But what kind of message that would pique their interests but wouldn't give away the Haunt's secret ID? Time, literally, was also of the essence.

He decided to try and see if D'vere was at the Excalibur Club. If he was in, then he would try to speak to him directly. If not, he would leave a message about how he, Rush King, famous actor, had been seeing a ghostly American Cowboy around his place and other nearby locations and would D'Vere be interested in discussing the phenomena with him?

Depending on if he could see him right away or not, would depend on whether he went to Highrise next.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 11 2019, 12:56

OOC Powers wise, yes unfortunately. They will come back, but Haunt also has the one shot stab in the leg serum that was given to him by Dr P. Limited time that it acts for, nonetheless he will be back up to full power for a while. It was mentioned in one of the posts months ago so no surprise it's been forgotten.

The Black Cab dropped Rush King off outside a swanky place in the most exclusive part of London.

"Ere you go guv'nor" said the Cabbie. "Thanks fer not usin' one of them fellas with the apps. Can't figure em out meself."

The gates were closed and a buzzer connected to an intercom. The 10' wall and gates to match enclosed extensive gardens and a large square mansion house in one of the most expensive parts of London. Money clearly wasn't problem.

"Good morning sir, can I help you?" asked the female voice on the other end.

Haunt would have to be at his most persuasive to get in here!

OOC Any thoughts on how to approach it? Charisma will help, Acting might, dropping a snippet of info that would appeal to D'Vere and him only would definitely work. D'Vere headed up the Executive, which is a long defunct group. Might he be able to pass off as one of those?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Dec 11 2019, 16:16

Think I will keep with famous American actor who has been visited by a Haunt dressed up as a cowboy with a cloak and see if that catches his notice. If not, then ask if he has heard lately from John Gibbs. If neither works, then try something else depending on how he replies back.l
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 12 2019, 01:54

"Mr D'vere is unavailable at present" came the response.

"Wait! Has he heard lately from John Gibbs?" replied Haunt. It was clear that a famous actor was of no interest to Mr D'Vere!

There was a pause. "Mr King, I shall relay your message to Mr D'Vere. Please wait."

Minutes passed.

Haunt waited. He looked about. It was dark now, street lights providing the illumination.

Or they were... the lights down the entire length of the street winked out as one, and Haunt was suddenly plunged into darkness. What...?

"Hands up!" hissed a voice behind him. It was modulated by some kind of voice scrambler. "Keep them where we can see them!"

Haunt glanced about. He counted four... no... five dark shapes in the darkness, virtually invisible all in light absorbing material. They held weapons, three trained on Haunt and two others looking down the street in each direction. Their positioning - to exclude each other from the line of fire - and to cover any possible escape, suggested they knew what they were doing!

What WERE they doing?

"Scan him." hissed one of the dark clad gunmen.

OOC What does Haunt have on his person? Any equipment? His Haunt Costume? Phone? Personal effects etc?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 12 2019, 11:41

He has personal effects and a cell phone. Everything else got left at his place.

"You folks are way too organized for this to be a mugging," he quipped, while sweating bullets. "Is this a kidnapping for money or something my agent arranged for me in order to get me in the news again?"

ooc: going to cooperate with them for now. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Rush's face has been scarred by that year he was "experimented" on before getting away. So he tends to wear enough make-up to diminish the scars without hiding them completely and without making it obvious to a casual observer that he is wearing make-up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 12 2019, 14:01

Rush gets patted down. The Cellphone is pulled clear.

"Scan that." said the leader.

With a pistol aimed at his face and two at his back another of the group steps up with a hand held device. After a moment to start it the device hums quietly and shines an alternating red/blue light out, which passes over Rush King.

"Weird boss. There's ... something... but.. .take a look at this." growls the scanner.

The 'boss' who has done all the talking, steps over and glances at the readings for a moment. Another moment.

"Protocol C." the leader states.

One of the guards steps back, popping the cartridge from the pistol and pulling another which is painted red. That gets slammed home, the pistol retrained on Rush and the other two guards do the same. The leader and the remaining guard with the scanner step back. The leader pulls out a canister.

"Who are you. What do you want here. What is your business with a former government minister." the leader growls.

Haunt has three pistols trained on him and the leader holds a canister with a pull ring in their finger ready to pop. Haunt can't be sure but he thinks the group, all in face masks save for eye holes, may be wearing rebreathers. This is a dangerous situation for him without his full powers!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 12 2019, 18:50

ooc: Remind me what my stats and powers are since I do not have my costume on and so much of my stuff is linked to it and not sure which powers I have available now that I am limited in powers as well due to the experimentations and not having my costume.

"Who is asking," Rush King says nervously [while I wait for the reply on the ooc], "I mean I have a Rape Whistle right here and am not afraid to use it if that's what you boys' game is."

Not sure if I want to fight or talk my way out of this yet. Not sure if they are his bodyguards or a more sinister group. If I figure that they are his bodyguards, I may try talking my way through this. Otherwise ....
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 12 2019, 19:27

OOC Haunts current status...

Dex 5 Str 3 Body 5
Int 8 Will 8 Mind 10
Infl 8 Aura 5 Spirit 10
Initiative: 21

Powers
SPECIAL - No powers working at the moment BUT Haunt has 5APs he can use to temporarily buy points in physical abilities or his powers. If you use the same power for more than three rounds at a time they are FIXED and he can't switch the points any more. Haunt was given a one shot serum by Dr P to restore him to full power for one hour. His powers will return over time (when he woke up he didn't even have the 5 points to play with. The Aliens really did a number on him!)

Skills
All as listed apart from Weaponry which is not working

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 Haunt-LATEST-final-with-fog-20112018

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 12 2019, 19:32

The leader considered for a moment then struck Rush in the face with the butt of their gun!

OOC Dex 7 + Roll(5d10)+0: 3,7,7,8,1,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:36 vs
Dex 5 + Roll(2d10)+0: 7,8,+0 Total: 20

Hit +6 EV. Using gun butt to subdue so EV1 + 6 (7) - Body 5 = 2 Damage

Haunt is a superb actor so he'll be convincing if he goes down like a dropped bag of spanners, or he can reel about and make a noise. The blow was meant to break his nose and get him compliant for answering questions, so your call on where to go from there... That scanner they used he figures was to find out the presence of Superhuman powers... and it was inconclusive because he's not showing up as human OR superhuman at the moment because of the depowering effect the aliens slapped on him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 12 2019, 22:59

OOC just a heads up - next time I make a check I am doing it with D12s. I'll see how that goes. D10s with skills at the moment dolls out plenty of doubles. I'd like slightly less and a greater swing (2 to 24 instead of 2 to 20) on the dice. We'll see how it goes then.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 12 2019, 23:23

[So non-physical stats are in the upper regions to slightly super-human levels but physical ones are pretty much normal for a healthy man. And since they do not want to play nice and don't seem to be bodyguards, time to not play nice either. I really hate super-power detecting scanners and power robbing collars that are all in one kinds of gear! Kind of eliminates the ability to have secret IDs. And I always forget I have Charisma to use as a plus for any of my acting and other skills rolls and maybe adding to Aura of Fear. Duh!]

Rush makes a cry as he stumbles back from the blow. While doing so he puts the small amount of power he does have into his strength to turn it into an 8. He then whirls and attacks the man behind him. He may not be a martial artist or any kind of trained fighter but maybe that increase in strength will allow him to fight these guys off. Anyone trying to beat innocent people into submission obviously are not the good guys, so he has no qualms anymore about trying to take them down and getting on with his mission. He isn't going to fail another one if he can help it.

Admin wrote:The leader considered for a moment then struck Rush in the face with the butt of their gun!

OOC Dex 7 + Roll(5d10)+0: 3,7,7,8,1,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:36 vs
Dex 5 + Roll(2d10)+0: 7,8,+0 Total: 20

Hit +6 EV. Using gun butt to subdue so EV1 + 6 (7) - Body 5 = 2 Damage

Haunt is a superb actor so he'll be convincing if he goes down like a dropped bag of spanners, or he can reel about and make a noise. The blow was meant to break his nose and get him compliant for answering questions, so your call on where to go from there... That scanner they used he figures was to find out the presence of Superhuman powers... and it was inconclusive because he's not showing up as human OR superhuman at the moment because of the depowering effect the aliens slapped on him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 13 2019, 01:37

OOC in a way the loss of powers helped Haunt. If he had powers it would tip these guys off straight away. As it is they probably think the readings which show neither one thing or another might mean the thing ain't working right.

Haunts powers were suppressed because of that dna scrambling ray that confused his body and through out what it thought was right.

However... stress may get all that kicked into a higher gear with adrenaline levels spiking and all that...

Without Martial Artist is may be worth your while to buy the odd die or two until you get Weaponry and Omni Arm back. Then guys like these, elite military types that they are, would be no concern at all to Haunt.

Rush stumbled back, clutching his face.

The guard behind moved his gun aside and chuckled. "heh, hit im again. I bet he squeals like a pig and tells you if he wears..."

OOC Surprise attack!

Haunt Dex 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,4,+0 Total: 21 vs
Troopers Dex 7 - Surprise (not total, but enough) -2 (5) + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:12

Success + 4 EV (to 12) - 7RV (Body 5 + 2 from Flak vest) = 5 damage.

The trooper goes DOWN with a WHUFFF!!! and curls up into a ball!

The shock is palpable amongst the troopers. "What the..." "Get im!" "Don't shoot, we need him al..." "Nail im!"

OOC initiative Haunt 21 + 8 rolled (29)
troopers 18 + 11 rolled (29)
higher Dex acts first (troopers)

Do you want to buy any dice for defence before these guys get stuck in?

Rush was in trouble. He was in good shape for an ordinary man, and his boost was enough to slightly tip the scales against one opponent but ... four? he was in big, big trouble... The pain from his wound caused blood to trickle into his mouth. He wouldn't go down to these punks! Ok, well... if he did... He'd go down fighting!!!

And he felt a tingle in his hands.

OOC Haunt now has 10 points to spend on Physical abilities and powers if he wants! Maybe the best thing is to take a kicking from this goons...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 13 2019, 02:24

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that maybe it is time for him to get some kind of martial arts or brawling abilities for those times when he is without his suit. Remind me of that the next time it is time to work on raising character abilities and powers. Very Happy
Let's put those ten points into Dex, Body and Strength - 3 in DEX and Body and 4 in Strength, then move my power points from Str and into his stretching ability and using that defensively to absorb blows and let's see what I can do with that against these guys.

"Help! I'm being mugged by a bunch of gay rapists," he yells out while preparing for their attack
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 13 2019, 10:39

OOC The stretching ability to absorb blows is not as good as you hope! It will increase your Resistance Value but you lose your attack for that round. Best bet is to bung 5 points into Dex and 5 into Body and go on the defensive... or bung 8 points into Regeneration so if Haunt does go down, he's up in 16 seconds....

We'll go with how you've allocated... Buckle up, this is going to get bumpy!

"You'll pay for that!" snarled one trooper.

"I said ALIVE! We need him ALIVE, three!" shouted the leader.

'Three' snarled behind the full face mask/gas mask and started to put the boot in...

OOC I'm using D12s again...NOTE TO SELF. A ROLL OF 2 +1 instead of 1+1 IS NOW A FAIL!!!! Burnouts are +1

Dex 7 + Mart.Arts Roll(5d12)+0: 2,1,4,4,8,+0 Total: 8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,8,+0 Total: 26 vs
Haunt Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:13

EDIT: FAILED!!!! Roll of 2+1

Next up...

Dex 7 + Mart.Arts Roll(5d12)+0: 1,6,12,9,2,+0 Total:28 vs
Haunt Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,10,+0 Total:22

SUCCESS +3 EV NO DAMAGE

Next...

Dex 7 + Mart.Arts Roll(5d12)+0: 2,11,7,5,8,+0 Total:26 vs
Haunt Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:17

SUCCESS +4 EV NO DAMAGE

Finally

The Leader snarls... "Put him DOWN you idiots! Get out of the way!" She pulls a pistol and starts blazing away into Haunt as he's cowering away!

OOC Dex 7 + Weaponry Roll(5d12)+0: 4,6,9,2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,12,+0 Total: 32 vs
Haunt Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:27

SUCCESS +3EV (to 8) vs Haunt RV 8 - 2 (armour piercing rounds)= 2 damage.

Haunt has taken 4 damage (currently 4 body but will change if he cancels the body increase).

A bullet slams against Haunts leg and he screams out in pain as he feels his body try to repel the shell but its of an armour piercing type! Blood starts to drench his leg and the Leader turns to the others. "Now, put him down but take him alive! Keep an eye out! If D'Vere turns up I trust you'll be able to take out a 74 year old man!" she said in disgust as he/she put their gun in the side holster.

OOC Haunt is up... AND... you now have 15 POINTS TO ASSIGN TO PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND/OR POWERS! From next round, you are still Dex 8 Str 7 Body 8 at the moment

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 13 2019, 11:52

Let's put 2 in Dex which should put me up to my normal max, 5 into Str which should put me at 12 and the rest into Body.  Then going for the one who shot me, trying to punch them.  The bit of Stretching I now have should allow me to punch at a distance without having to waste time trying to move up to punch them.

Arrghg! Time to get a new keyboard, my keys and especially my space key are sticking and I can't get any grit loose from it.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:04

OOC this round you are attacking at the Dex 8 (3 pts) Str 7 (4pts) Body 8 (3 pts) level (10 points)

Next round I have you down at Dex 10 (5pts) Str 12 (9 pts) Body 6 (1 point) (15 points total). You may want a recount! For now...

Haunt moves, limping, to the leader and tries to deliver a jarring blow!!!

OOC Haunt Dex 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total: 23 vs
Leader Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:29 MISSED!

The leader grunted "You're quick, but you're no super. WHO are you? Never mind... I'll find out soon enough!"

OOC initiative (based on last rounds stats)

Roll(2d12)+0:
12 Haunt (36) , Bad guys 8 (27)

Haunt goes first. Take a look at where you want to put your 15 points. Every time you take damage the adrenaline/pain shocks Haunts body into being more like it's old self!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:44

8 to 10 Dex is 3 pts? Shouldn't it be 2? If so, put the other point into Body.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 13 2019, 13:03

OOC you have 15 points in total to spend every round. (up from 5 then 10 now 15 in total) . Dex 5 Str 3 Body 5 is the current base to add points to... 5 pts to Dex (Dex 10) leaves 10 to split as you see fit...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 13 2019, 18:40

ooc: OK, misunderstood. Then the remaining 10 points, 3 into Body and 7 into Strength.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 14 2019, 02:54

OOC Haunt is now on Dex 10 Str 10 Body 8 (currently 4 remaining)

Rush King becomes aware of another person moving in, garbed in black like these around him. No matter! He would dole out the smack to him as well!

Despite having missed the leader last time he swung (they were fast and well trained, he grudgingly admitted) he stepped in with a feint then delivered an elbow followed by a knee and uppercut!

OOC Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total: 19 vs
Leader Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,8,+0 Total: 21 MISSED

Once more he misses, and the Leader laughs "You're not as useless as you look... but still pretty useless! ALIVE!"

The group don't attack as a team. They fly in, angry and uncoordinated.

OOC Four attacks...

Leader Dex 7 + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,6,12,4,10,+0 Total: 8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total: 29 vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total:16

HIT +5 Effect (to 8) vs RV 8... NO DAMAGE

Trooper Dex 7 + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,2,8,2,10,+0 Total: 25 vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total: 20

HIT +3 Effect (to 6) vs 8RV NO DAMAGE

Trooper Dex 7 + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,12,2,9,5,+0 Total: 28 vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,2,+0 Total: 21

HIT +4 Effect (to 7) vs 8 RV NO DAMAGE

Trooper Dex 7 + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,2,6,4,6,+0 Total: 12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:23 (30) vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:14 (Ugh! Haunts rolls have been awful!)

HIT +6 Effect (to 9) vs 8 RV = 1 Damage. HAUNT has now taken 5 DAMAGE. If he reverts to normal stats he will go down, unconscious!. You can absorb some or all of this damage with Hero Points (1 damage costs 1HP, 2 damage costs 3HP, 3 damage costs 6HP and so on)

Haunt now has 20 points to assign to Base Physical stats (Dex 5 Str 3 Body 5) and powers

Initiative Haunt 11+ 26 (37)
Troopers 4 + 19 (23)

HAUNT ACTS FIRST

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Dec 14 2019, 03:20

ooc: 4 points into Dex which should max me out to 10. 8 to Str [would then be 11] and 8 to Body [would then be 13] for the total 20 points. Thinking about using Regen after this upcoming round, what level would I need to start regenerating after 30 seconds or so.

"What? You think you are the first jealous group of pounces that want to take me out so that they can get the part I was about to get," Rush pants as he continues to try to take down these men without being too obvious about his powers coming back. "So many jealous men out there."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 15 2019, 02:30

OOC Dex 5 + 4 points is... 9. I assume you want the full 10 and will chip the point from body so Haunt is now:

Dex 10 (5pts) Str 11 (8pts) Body 12 (7 pts)

"You know, you gotta big mouth pal!" snarled one of the troopers, bringing his machine gun to bear!

"Alive I said!" said the leader, just before Haunt took at swing at them!

OOC Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total: 29 vs
Trooper Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,12,+0 Total:27

Success +2 EV (to 13) - RV 7 = 6 damage

Pow!

The leader goes down!

"RIGHT!" snarled the trooper with the machine gun!

He empties a clip into Haunt!

OOC Trooper Dex 7 + Weaponry Roll(5d12)+0: 1,9,1,6,5,+0 Total: 22 vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:22

Haunt just about dodges clear of the bullets but is caught just as they spray to the side...
EV 6 - RV 12 - 3 (9) = NO DAMAGE!

"Damn he's fast! Get her out of here! Two, we'll take him out! GAS!" snarled another.

One of the troopers grabbed the leader, a 'her' apparently and started to drag her away. The other trooper pops a canister of gas and rolls it as Haunts feet!

OOC Gas Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total: 17 rolled +8 (25) vs
Haunt Body 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total: 21 rolled + 12 (33) ATTACK FAILED!

OOC Right, Steeplejack *might* be hopping in at this moment before initiative for the next round.

At the moment Haunt faces TWO troopers.
Another trooper is dragging the downed leader away.
Another trooper is downed already.

We'll see what Steeplejack does...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next