The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

3 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 03 2020, 20:57

Admin wrote:
Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:Wraith turned to Haunt, and the pair exchanged spooky stares.

He turned to Haunt and Steeplejack. "I'm suspecting you two know."

OOC: Turn my back for a minute and suddenly there is 20 minutes of reading to catch up on.  Oh my, shame I couldn't reply earlier.  

OOC Hahahah took me hours to come up with that lot and the background info. 20 mins. *sigh* Chuckle Laughing

OOC: I loved reading it mate, please don't think it was any the less for me digesting it quickly and as a result of having been so far behind trying to reply quickly. It's odd I didn't get any notifications and then they started popping up again. Besides all that, I have to say because we don't say it often the campaign has been consistently so good, surprising innovative and challenging. Oh my so challenging. Sometimes I need to go down and think about things before I do anything. With this recent run with Evilheart and Lionheart, I slept on it and the idea of what to do came to me in the middle of the night. So don't think your efforts are wasted or unappreciated. I certainly couldn't do what you've done and given that we've been at this 10 years...Hats of my mine mucho respect. Much thanks and much appreciation, I might not say it often and I know your comment wasn't looking for compliments, but Paul you do an amazing job and are a tirelessly amazing DM. There said, it and I hope it makes you blush in a good way as you deserve it ;-) One of these days need to come up there and buy you a pint mate.

Sj

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 04 2020, 13:15

ooc: what he said. Just sorry I've never been able to get any other players to join such a great game for any length of time.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 04 2020, 13:25

We go in, in teams, of two, Wraith and Pixie take the back. Bruiser you and Girder make an entrance when you get the signal. And as to what the signal is, well Haunt has a handy way to make the bad guys have their worst nightmare, whilst awake. When you see them cry for their dummies hit them hard and fast. Haunt and I will come in from above. Get Cortez and leave you guys to have the collar and get the PR, fair enough?"

With a nod to the team, Sj added, "Stay together, watch each other's backs, we'll do what we can to support once we've got Cortez out of trouble, he is the one they want and might well try to escape with if they can. Any questions? No, I didn't think so."

With a final glance to Haunt in case he wanted to add anything, he leapt off to get into position.

"Just so you understand," the Haunt adds, thinking maybe Wraith might know something of what they are going for, "El Chup has access to a mystic artifact, one of two we need to go into the past to stop the Advent from wiping us freedom loving folks all out by wiping out our ancestors. I suspect that the Advent are the ones who hired the Chaos Cabal and as Steeplejack says, they might be able to call in backup quickly. So we need to take them out fast and get El Chup out of there mostly conscious or able to revive quickly if that isn't possible."

"Ready when you are, Steeplejack," he finishes up with a nod to his teammate.

ooc: My plan is to hit the Chaos Cabal with the Aura of Fear, leaving El Dup out of it. Guess I will have to leave Fog off since it would hinder my teammates.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 04 2020, 16:07

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:
Steeple_jackuk wrote:
Admin wrote:Wraith turned to Haunt, and the pair exchanged spooky stares.

He turned to Haunt and Steeplejack. "I'm suspecting you two know."

OOC: Turn my back for a minute and suddenly there is 20 minutes of reading to catch up on.  Oh my, shame I couldn't reply earlier.  

OOC Hahahah took me hours to come up with that lot and the background info. 20 mins. *sigh* Chuckle Laughing

OOC: I loved reading it mate, please don't think it was any the less for me digesting it quickly and as a result of having been so far behind trying to reply <Snip!>

Sj

[i]OOC I am indeed blushing but the game would be dead without both of your efforts. It's one thing to run a game it's another to stick through thick and thin playing it and that takes a whole different level of dedication as real life often doles out downers. So thank you both, and if no one else joins I don't mind. We tried that, it didn't work out for various reasons and you guys stuck at it through a system change and all sorts of craziness with rules discussions that quite frankly did my head in as I was answering more of those than moving the game on. We're still here, and I'm looking forward to the next few chapters. Frosty and LH will get a lot closer to home very shortly and Steep/Haunt will start their time hopping very very soon...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 04 2020, 16:33

Wraith listens then nods slightly. "Understood. This is your show. I'm sure there'll be a chance to get some licks in."

He fades from view but speaks "I'll be about and if anyone really needs help I'll be there quickly. Count on it. BRUISER, don't go toe to to with Supreme. The temptation might be there but he hits a lot harder than I do, and won't stop hitting. It's him I think I owe for battering Caber so badly in Glasgow, but I'm not stupid enough to take him on my own."

Pixiefire buzzes about "I can SEE you!" she chuckles, and adds "The UKChampions are ready to go into action!"

Girder looks nervous, despite being very very tough and superhuman strong. "I'm uh, ready."

Bruiser
huffs. "Listen if I get ANY of 'em one on one they're gettin' a lesson... in pain!"

Haunt and Steeplejack glance at each other.

With that Bruiser and Girder head off, Bruiser running at around 100mph and Girder simply leaping off the rooftop and landing near the warehouse, then quietly making her way to crouch in the shadows opposite. Pixiefire squeaks "They're in position! Ready to go!" as she relays the message from earpiece.

Haunt and Steeplejack make their way over to the warehouse and crouch on a rooftop nearby. With the two fighters at ground level and Haunt/SJ at a high level with Wraith somewhere about and the diminutive Pixiefire twinkling in the darkness a little way back, it looks like everyone is set!

OOC Danger Sense...11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,12,+0 Total:32 vs
OV 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total: 21

Uh oh...

That's NOT Steeplejacks danger sense by the way. His...

Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 vs
OV 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:11

+4 EV (to 13) - RV2 = 11 RAPs

Right, Steeplejacks DANGER SENSE is screaming at him that whoever is in that warehouse KNOWS you are coming and they are WAITING for you!

By the way Dave/Steeplejack. How would you feel if we tweaked Steeplejack to reduce Earth Control but increase Dex? Earth Control is his best attack (13/13) but I was thinking of tweaking the points to boost his Dex (better attack and defence generally) and Martial Artist a bit. He's your guy, so you get final say and I will recost him completely if you wish, your call. All I did when cooking the character up was take a guess what a 15 year superhero veteran might look hopping from Golden Heroes to DC Heroes with the obvious tweaks because GH is firmly rooted in street level.

David M/Haunt, if you want to make tweaks to your guy I'm ok with that as you mentioned lacking with Martial Artist but believe me his Weaponry/Omni Arm is a brutal weapon with loads of dice to roll (7 dice when attacking - he's beyond world class basically). Your call.

I'm asking because this fight might or might not go well - dice will play a huge part. Any tweaks you want speak up or forever hold ya peace!!!! Very Happy

If you are both ready to go in regardless and see what happens (more fun that way?!?!?! Very Happy) do you want Bruiser and Girder to crash through the front shutter door and start swinging or are you guys going in through a roof skylight? SJs danger sense suggests they are in danger from the Chaos Cabal, no doubt about it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 04 2020, 20:51

Admin wrote:That's NOT Steeplejacks danger sense by the way. His...

Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 vs
OV 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:11

+4 EV (to 13) - RV2 = 11 RAPs

Right, Steeplejacks DANGER SENSE is screaming at him that whoever is in that warehouse KNOWS you are coming and they are WAITING for you!

By the way Dave/Steeplejack. How would you feel if we tweaked Steeplejack to reduce Earth Control but increase Dex? Earth Control is his best attack (13/13) but I was thinking of tweaking the points to boost his Dex (better attack and defence generally) and Martial Artist a bit. He's your guy, so you get final say and I will recost him completely if you wish, your call. All I did when cooking the character up was take a guess what a 15 year superhero veteran might look hopping from Golden Heroes to DC Heroes with the obvious tweaks because GH is firmly rooted in street level. [/i][/color]

OOC: Yes let's go for that more dex and martial arts up would be good, I don't mind the earth control but it was never his main attack more defensive.

Turning to Haunt, with an obvious look of pain about him, Steeplejack whispered, "They know were here, drop your the fear on them and let's get it on, this could be rough"

OOC: "I suggest we go as soon as Haunt attacks with fear as it might give us a limited advantage if the die goes our way. And then straight into attack the nearest near our target.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 04 2020, 20:54

David M/Haunt, if you want to make tweaks to your guy I'm ok with that as you mentioned lacking with Martial Artist but believe me his Weaponry/Omni Arm is a brutal weapon with loads of dice to roll (7 dice when attacking - he's beyond world class basically). Your call.

I'm asking because this fight might or might not go well - dice will play a huge part. Any tweaks you want speak up or forever hold ya peace!!!! Very Happy

Naw, the Martial Arts thing is something I will do when I once again get some new points to spend. It's meant as a back-up for times when he doesn't have his powers, he still has some way to fight normal guys with better than average chance of not getting his face pushed in.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 04 2020, 21:21

OOC While I'm checking up on Haunts move (Aura of fear on 'everyone in range inside the warehouse' - you'll not be able to single Cortez out till you see him....) check out:

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 6 Proposed-Steeplejack

At a glance...

Lower Aura. Not used for much anyway. Persuading people. Dropped by 1 pt
Earth Control now linked to Intelligence to save points. Drops 4pts, quite a drop.
Earth Animation is GONE to save points. Wasn't powerful anyway just allowed him to make a rock/earth golem
Acrobatics is no longer linked to Dex, reduced to 7 from 11 to save points. You lose 1 die, that's it, but still roll 6D12 when using Acrobatics
Martial Artist jumps as its now being linked to Dex. Was four now the same as Dex which is...
Dex 13 is up two points, paid for with all the other changes and power drops. Basically makes him staggeringly agile instead of merely 'Spiderman or thereabouts' agile. Martial Artist 13 is staggering. Steeplejack doesn't hit that hard (9 strength which in the old marvel game would be Incredible 40) BUT he rolls 7 Dice to attack with and has huge Dex (not a patch on Superspeed enhanced Lionheart but against the usual 7-10 Dex foes which are normally pretty good he can afford to Critical Blow and Devastating Attack with reasonable success. A normal person has 2 Dex which in this system means Steeplejack is supposedly 2000 times more agile. Hmmm.)

If You're ok with this I'll change the character sheet in the datafiles section...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 04 2020, 22:45

ooc: Haunt is planning on making himself known to the miscreants before hitting them with it.

"You Fools! Justice Comes To You Tonight! Fear Justice!" [blast} What a Face
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 04 2020, 23:03

Haunt crashes through the shutter door!

OOC Strength 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total: 20 vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:35 rolled (40 total). FAILED!!!!! Bizarre.

or at least he THOUGHT he would, and he splutters as he bounces off the metal roller shutter door which normally he'd expect to walk through without the slightest resistance!

Not quite sure what went wrong he watched as it was WRENCHED upwards by the one known as OSMIUM!

OOC Osmium trashes the Roller Shutter door and shows Haunt how to do it! Str 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total: 29 vs
OV 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (28 total) Crikey this door doesn't want to crumple?!?!?!

+1 EV (to 21) - RV5 = 16RAPs

The roller door disintegrates as a metallic form stands in the doorway, seven foot high and just as wide! It is the villain OSMIUM one of the CHAOS CABAL! Behind him the rest of his team mate spread out and in the middle of the warehouse floor on a chair, bound and heavily beaten, was Cortez!

OOC Initiative time!

3 Steeplejack (36)
11 Girder (34)

7 Sorceress (34)
7 Haunt (33)
9 Osmium (33)
2 Supreme (30)

3 Bruiser (27)
1 Bomberjack (20)
1 Killer Fog (19)

(Sorted after rolling. Good guys are BLUE bad guys are RED)

Steeplejack is up first!
When it's Haunts turn I'll assume he goes for an Aura of Fear attack.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 05 2020, 08:47

Admin wrote:OOC While I'm checking up on Haunts move (Aura of fear on 'everyone in range inside the warehouse' - you'll not be able to single Cortez out till you see him....) check out:

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #8 - Page 6 Proposed-Steeplejack

At a glance...

Lower Aura. Not used for much anyway. Persuading people. Dropped by 1 pt
Earth Control now linked to Intelligence to save points. Drops 4pts, quite a drop.
Earth Animation is GONE to save points. Wasn't powerful anyway just allowed him to make a rock/earth golem
Acrobatics is no longer linked to Dex, reduced to 7 from 11 to save points. You lose 1 die, that's it, but still roll 6D12 when using Acrobatics
Martial Artist jumps as its now being linked to Dex. Was four now the same as Dex which is...
Dex 13 is up two points, paid for with all the other changes and power drops. Basically makes him staggeringly agile instead of merely 'Spiderman or thereabouts' agile. Martial Artist 13 is staggering. Steeplejack doesn't hit that hard (9 strength which in the old marvel game would be Incredible 40) BUT he rolls 7 Dice to attack with and has huge Dex (not a patch on Superspeed enhanced Lionheart but against the usual 7-10 Dex foes which are normally pretty good he can afford to Critical Blow and Devastating Attack with reasonable success. A normal person has 2 Dex which in this system means Steeplejack is supposedly 2000 times more agile. Hmmm.)

If You're ok with this I'll change the character sheet in the datafiles section...

OOC:Looks good let's go with that one.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 05 2020, 14:40

OOC Righto. Just want actions/targets then for each of you and if you want to shout/assign targets to the two UKChampions who will come in at the front door (as opposed to the roller shutter door where Haunt tried his entrance. The roll on that door was ... 'eyebrow raising'. It almost resisted the bad guy who is 6APs stronger than the hugely strong Haunt is... Bizarre. Dice... huh.)

If you need a map I'll cook one up but just assume:

It's a warehouse. There are a few boxes/crates/pallets knocking about, some support struts from ground up to the roof and not much else save for Cortez on an office chair (on casters) tied up and having been smacked around. A lot. He's probably unconscious at the very least and not moving despite the racket made when the doors were mangled.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 05 2020, 15:44

Admin wrote:OOC Righto. Just want actions/targets then for each of you and if you want to shout/assign targets to the two UKChampions who will come in at the front door (as opposed to the roller shutter door where Haunt tried his entrance. The roll on that door was ... 'eyebrow raising'. It almost resisted the bad guy who is 6APs stronger than the hugely strong Haunt is... Bizarre. Dice... huh.)

If you need a map I'll cook one up but just assume:

It's a warehouse. There are a few boxes/crates/pallets knocking about, some support struts from ground up to the roof and not much else save for Cortez on an office chair (on casters) tied up and having been smacked around. A lot. He's probably unconscious at the very least and not moving despite the racket made when the doors were mangled.

OOC: If Girder takes on Osmium with Bruiser
Where missing Wraith and the Pixie who I think out to take on Sorceress
Sj will try and make a grab for Cortez, but depending on what Supreme does he might have to back off that and stay with Haunt
The problem is going to be Killer fog, and Bomber jack, but if we can make these two come in - their abilities might be more limited in closer combat and work for us.
I don't need a map, at least not yet.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 05 2020, 16:33

Steeplejack sprints into the warehouse and to Cortez' side...

The rope is actually steel cable, which is both surprising and annoying. It wouldn't prove so easy to break! Worse than that, it was looped through some kind of ground anchor - presumably they'd done this in case Cortez changed form into his devilish alter ego... The cuts on his body indicated he'd tried just that very thing, and he was in a bad way. Ignoring the shouts of the Cabal as they realised the target was Cortez, Steeplejack knew that very soon he'd be a target! As he got his hands on the cable Steeplejack realised that they'd done this on purpose... Cortez may well be able to change form and break the cables with superhuman strength BUT because they were skin tight they worked like cheese cutter wire on his enhanced muscles and scythed through flesh as the bound villain tried to break them! They were drenched in blood... the Cabal were Bad people...

OOC Assuming Steeplejack uses his DICE action (attack action) to try to break the steel cable wrapping and binding Cortez up...

Steeplejack Strength 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total: 24 vs
Steel cable Body 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:21

+2 EV (to 11) vs 8 = 3 damage to the cables.

Steeplejack doesn't snap the cable but does manage to stretch it sufficiently to start pulling Cortez free!

OOC He'll need till next round to get the limp form loose of the cables...

Girder leaps up to Osmium from her position to the other side of the warehouse...

She seemed more confident now - no longer required to interact and battle with her shyness, simply line up a punch and hit the target as hard as she could!

OOC Girder goes for a CRITICAL BLOW on Osmium...

Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,5,8,1,10,+0 Total:22 (31) vs
Dex 8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (20)

+5 EV (to 20) vs RV 20 - 6 (Crit Blow) = 6 Damage... ABSORBED BY KINETIC ABSORPTION (remaining points this round: 0)

With a mighty THWACK! Girder lands a terrific punch on Osmiums jaw! He grunts and ... nothing. The ground around, concrete though it is, shatters and spiderwebs in every direction! The huge man seems even to sink a couple of inches into the floor!!!

"I... what?" splutters Girder, glancing around for support and guidance...

Sorceress, barely dressed and with a cold look to her face, chants and gestures at Girder...

OOC Using SORCERY 11 (of 12) to cast a MAGIC BLAST 11 at Girder... Going for a CRITICAL BLOW
Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:26 vs
Influence 6 + 4 (Crit Blow) + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total: 31

Magic Blast FAILS!!!!

Seeing her spell wash over Girder as nothing more than eldritch green light Sorceress frowns and raises her arms to try another spell!

OOC HAUNT is up! Remember you can actively choose to not affect people in the area of effect of Aura of Fear, so Steeplejack and Cortez won't be affected (unless you want to).

Wraith got 31 initiative (so goes after Haunt and Osmium) while Pixiefire got 27 so goes after Supreme and before Bruiser.
So, initiative is (remaining this round):

7 Haunt (33)
9 Osmium (33)
2 Wraith (31)
2 Supreme (30)
5 Pixiefire (27)
3 Bruiser (27)
1 Bomberjack (20)
1 Killer Fog (19)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 05 2020, 16:44

Aura of Fear on the Chaos Cabal and leave everyone else out of it. Depending on results, may have to go after Bomber Jack and Poison Fog and wrap them in my stretchable body, using the absorption part to contain any explosions BJ may try to do. Will see what I have to do after this round and see what FEAR does to this bunch.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 05 2020, 17:43

Haunt 'mists up', his cape flaring out around him! He declares "You Fools! Justice Comes To You Tonight! Fear Justice!"

Thrusting his hands out into the warehouse and affecting everyone in there apart from Steeplejack, Cortez and Girder, Haunt wondered how many would be affected by his main initial attack... anyone unaffected would be (hopefully) affected by his follow up 'twin Hammers of Justice'.

OOC Let's see...

AURA OF FEAR 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE (Boom!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (doh) = 29 vs...
SUPREME Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:11 (19). Haunt gets +4 EV (to 14) vs RV 16 NO EFFECT

AURA OF FEAR 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,9,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
SORCERESS Int 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:16 (25). NO EFFECT

AURA OF FEAR 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:16 (26) vs
OSMIUM Int 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total: 31 (38) NO EFFECT

AURA OF FEAR 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:24 (34) vs
KILLER FOG Int 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:18. Haunt gets EV+6 (to 16) vs RV 6 = 10 RAPs. KILLER FOG is IMMOBILISED BY FEAR

AURA OF FEAR 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total: 23 vs
BOMBERJACK Int 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 (18). Haunt gets +3EV (to 13) vs RV6 = 7 RAPs. BOMBER JACK is IMMOBILISED BY FEAR

Haunt sees only two of the Cabal collapse to the floor with their hands covering their heads! He has no idea whether they are big hitters or not, but all of a sudden... 'Then They were three'

Osmium snarls, strides over to Haunt and SWINGS a mighty punch whilst spitting "I'm coming for you *****!" at Girder!

OOC Osmium Dex 8 + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,1,10,5,4,+0 Total: 21 (29) vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total: 19
+4 EV (to 24) vs RV 14 = 10 DAMAGE to HAUNTS Body. Absorb any?

A huge fist crashes into Haunt and the world spins, pain flashes across his features and he staggers backwards whilst he tries to figure out which way the world is supposed to be. That was a staggeringly powerful punch!!!

Suddenly a sphere of darkness appears around Supreme who calls out "What? Who dares?"

OOC Wraith uses Darkness on Supreme who is blinded! Then he goes for a DEVASTATING ATTACK!

Wraith Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,1,6,3,8,+0 Total: 17 (26) vs
Dex 0 (Reduced!) + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (18)
Wraith gets +4 EV (to 17) - RV 27 (!) - 12 (Dev Attack) = 2 Damage! Supreme is on 11/13 Body

Supreme staggers out of the perfectly black sphere with a stagger! "WHO DARES STRIKE MY ROYAL PERSON!" he screams, unable to see the invisible Wraith.

The villain leaps/flies over to Steeplejack and swings as the hero tries to free Cortez! He doesn't need to use his Danger Sense to know to get out of the way!

OOC Supreme Dex 10 + Roll(6d12)+0: 1,7,12,7,10,2,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:25 (35) vs
Steeplejack Dex 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total: 21
+5 EV (to 19) vs RV 18 (using Force Shield) = 1 Damage to Steeplejack who is on 8/9 BODY

Despite dodging and using his 'assembled at the last second' shield of earth/rock/concrete he 'pulls' up from the ground with a gesture to block the blow Steeplejack stills takes a whack to the chin! The shield reforms and Steep is glad he has the protection afforded by his shield!

Pixiefire buzzes in, leaving a rainbow trail behind her! Steeplejack breathes a sigh of relief as he realises Wraith and the diminutive heroine ignored his orders!

OOC Magic Blast 9 on Supreme... Going for a CRITICAL BLOW!
Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE (boom!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (oh) Total 29 (38) vs
Supreme Infl 8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total: 28
+4 EV (to 13) vs RV9 -6 (Crit Blow) = 10 Damage to Supremes SPIRIT which is now 1/9 He absorbs 2 damage with LAST DITCH DEFENCE and is STUNNED (no attack next round)

"ARRRGGGGHHHHH!" screams Supreme as the flying sparkly rainbow dot suddenly ZAPS him with a rainbow beam that strikes him in his chest!

Bruiser shouts "Save some for me!" and runs up to Supreme, delivering dozens of blows in a wild, chaotic fighting style that can only be described as 'pub brawl' in style! he really goes for it!!!!

OOC Bruiser Dex 10 + Roll(6d12)+0: 12,10,6,5,10,7,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:36 (46) vs
Supreme Dex 10 + Devastating Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total: 27
+6 EV (to 15) vs RV27 = NO DAMAGE!

"uhhh" grunts Bruiser as he shakes his fist. "What the ell are you made of?"

Supreme slowly turns to him and splutters "CABAL! KILL THE INSECT!!! THE OTHERS ARE OF NO CONSEQUENCE!" Suddenly Pixiefire is the target!!!

OOC KiLLER FOG and BOMBERJACK are out of the fight at the moment. Initiative... Bad guys first

Roll(3d12)+0:
8,8,11,+0

and Good Guys

Roll(6d12)+0:
7,12,4,10,10,2,+0

Now ordered in results...

Steeplejack 7 + 33 = 40 (BODY 8/9)
Haunt 12 + 26 = 38 (BODY 4/14)
Supreme 8 + 28 =36 (BUT IS STUNNED!) (BODY 11/13) (SPIRIT 1/9)
Sorceress 8 + 27 = 35
Osmium 11 + 24 = 35
Bruiser 10 + 24 = 34
Wraith 4 + 29 = 33
Girder 10 + 23 = 33
Pixiefire 2 + 22 = 24

So, as per the order above. HAUNT do you want to absorb any? You can't take ANY more hits like OSMIUM just landed on you!!!

Over to you!

Crikey that took a while! Remember to bark orders at the NPCs if you want to get them attacking a certain target!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 05 2020, 18:20

Admin wrote:Over to you!

Crikey that took a while! Remember to bark orders at the NPCs if you want to get them attacking a certain target![/i][/color]

OOC: Ok going to swing back at Supreme and try Devastating attack, from what you said given my Dex it might be the best move to lay him low quickly.

Steeplejack realised that this...man, Supreme would be a tough nut to crack but with the blow he'd been hit, an opening came that staggered them all. Time to take advantage of it, these guys were not old school and had no code of conduct. The kid gloves had to be off.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 05 2020, 19:06

Oh Hell Yeah Haunt is Going to Absorb what he can! Or at least enough so that he only takes 2-3 Damage from those attacks. affraid

"Steeplejack, Wraith and I have Supreme," Haunt yells out. "The rest of you take care of Sorceress and Osmium!"

Omni-arm: Hands/Arms shaped like a judge's gavel attacking Supreme, stretching and attacking, stepping a bit from Osmium so as to not be in the way of the others who attack him.

He is so supreme in not taking damage I'm not sure what kind of extra to go for. Critical damage or something else? Whichever gives me the best chance to do damage to him. With him not able to act this round, maybe that means he also can't dodge a blow as well? So willing to take minuses to hit him if it gets me lots more damage and I don't roll a five again. geek
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Feb 05 2020, 19:07

ooc: and WOW! I just notice we all replied within 45 minutes after the person before us. NEAT!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 05 2020, 21:09

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Steeplejack, Wraith and I have Supreme," Haunt yells out.  "The rest of you take care of Sorceress and Osmium!"

Steeplejack nodded and focused on the sorceress.

OOC: Time to size her up and go in as best as Sj can.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 06 2020, 15:30

OOC Haunt had 84HP. Absorbing say 7 points costs 28HP leaving HAUNT on 56HP and 11/14 BODY
Before I forget Sorceress used 11APs Sorcery which attacks her spirit (in a change to posted rules, meaning dice can change up what wouldn't normally hurt her). Sorcery 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:23 vs Spirit 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total:31 SORCERESS TAKES NO DAMAGE from last spell. Fair enough.

Steeplejack was one of the worlds greatest martial artists and super strong to boot, but wondered if it would be enough to defeat Sorceress who was clearly metahuman and able to conjure a vast array of magical effects that could defeat them all if she were left unchecked!

With that in mind he didn't feel TOO bad about jamming fingers into a solar plexus, an elbow to the chin or hooking a leg behind an ankle followed up by a sweeping high kick to (hopefully) flatten the dangerous, evil, murderess!

OOC I read David M's answer as Steeplejack/Haunt and Wraith have Supreme, but it could also read, Steeplejack, (as in to address) Wraith and I have Supreme. As it is I think that would be the best tactic because if Sorceress is dropped her next attack is cancelled...

Steeplejack leaps in and delivers multiple blows as Sorceress throws arms up to defend herself!

OOC  yeah, good luck with that! in the Marvel game Steeplejack would have Amazing-Monstrous Fighting. Just sayin. Critical Blow, I would suggest.
Dex 13 + Roll(7d12)+0: 6,9,9,10,8,12,6,+0 Total: 18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total: 28 (41) vs
Dex 7 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total: 26
+5 EV (to 14) vs RV6 -6 = 14 Damage. Uh yeah, let's forget about absorbing that. SORCERESS is DOWN and OUT.

With three well placed blows, the final of which sees Sorceress smack into the floor on her back, hard, Steeplejack spins and offers a thumbs up to Haunt!

Haunt pulls up a couple of Hammers, hefts them, then pummels Supreme mercilessly with them!

OOC Haunt rolls the same number of dice as Steep does so I would suggest that a) I would expect a double of some kind and b) Supreme can almost shrug off a Nuclear Blast so don't mess about. I would go for a Devastating attack and hope that the dice don't throw out one of THOSE rolls where we go... eh???

Dex 10 + Roll(7d12)+0: 12,12,10,5,11,11,11,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (Boom! look at that.) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:37 (47) vs
Dex 10 (it doesn't drop if you are stunned) + Dev Attack 8 +  Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (yuck, this could get messy) 25 total.

+7 EV (to 21) vs RV 27 -12 (15) = 6 Damage. SUPREME is on 5/13 BODY. I'm amazed he's still up.

Haunt struck time and again as hard as he possibly could! And Supreme... stood there, with hammers bouncing off him and he snarled "I FELT THAT! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"

Uh-oh.

Instead Supreme reels slightly drunkenly. He *seems* on his last legs but Haunt just pounded on him repeatedly and he didn't seem... well. That bothered really. Clearly the man was practically invulnerable. Osmium was dangerous and powerful, but Supreme could be both AND annoyingly resistant to harm it seemed.

With Sorceress down and two sat in puddles of their own urine, Osmium snarled and shouted "Get it together Supreme! We need to smash these idiots and get the stone or we don't get paid!" With that he strode over to Haunt and spat "You gotta good chin pal, but I'm gonna finish what I started wi you!"

OOC Dex 8 + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,3,8,6,2,+0 Total:15 (23) vs
Haunt Dex 10 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE (!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:16 (30)
MISSED

Haunt ducks a blow that might have taken his head off! Osmium was a brute, and possibly more dangerous than Supreme at the moment!

Bruiser steps up to Osmium and snarls "You gotta big mouth pal, an I should know! Time ta shut you up!" and he got stuck in!

OOC Going for a devastating attack!

Bruiser Dex 10 + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,6,1,9,4,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:37 (47) vs
Osmium Dex 8 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total: 27
+6EV (to 15) vs RV 20 -12 (Dev attack) = 7 Damage. This OVERLOADS Osmiums Kinetic Absorption and OSMIUM IS ON 3/10 BODY

Bruiser is incredibly violent, a wild thing and moves with speed belying his size as he pounds repeatedly on Osmium! The bigger man reels and spits blood, wiping his mouth and looking about. "Supreme... stuff this! We're getting our asses handed to us!"

"Stay the course! We SHALL defeat them! Take out the white one and the others will rejoin the fight!" shouted Supreme.

"Good work Bruiser." rasped a disembodied voice. Wraith gestured (invisibly) to cloak Supreme in darkness again and tried once more to make a dent in the near invulnerable villain!

OOC Darkness on Supreme to drop his OV and AV to zero!

Wraith Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,7,7,4,4,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:27 (36) vs
Dex 0 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:23

+5 EV (to 18) vs RV 27 -12 (15) = 3 damage. SUPREME is ON 2/13 BODY

"Barely made a scratch" muttered the disembodied voice.

Girder stepped up to Osmium and spat "Call me a *****! Will ye?"

OOC Girder swings! Dex 9 + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,5,4,11,7,+0 Total:19 (28) vs
Dex 8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total: 21

+4 EV (to 19) vs RV 20 -6 (14)= 5 damage. OSMIUM GOES DOWN!

Pixiefire swoops up leaving a sparkling rainbow trail that marks her tiny forms location and shouts "Go girl!" with a squeaky voice!

Girder steps back, seeing the downed giant laying in a spiderwebbed area of smashed concrete. "I did it!" she said, amazed by her power, whilst rubbing her bruised first!

Pixiefire flitted about to Supreme and levelled an arm!

The villains eyes widened and he shouted "NO! I AM ROYALTY! YOU CANNOT!"

OOC Pixiefire Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total: 25 vs
Supreme Influence 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total: 21

+3 EV (to 12) vs RV 9 = 3 Damage to Supremes SPIRIT. He goes down!

All villains are down (Supreme, Osmium, Sorceress) or OUT (Killer Fog and Bomberjack as long as Haunt maintains the Aura of fear power)

Wraith appeared, looking about. "Those two. how long can you hold them? We may be able to get information. I suggest the non gaseous one. The gas guy may need a few hits to put him down."

Pixiefire is wooping and doing loop the loops leaving a sparkly trail behind her tiny insect like form and spins up and up to the ceiling. Bruiser and Girder fist bump and Steeplejack looks about. Cortez is in a bad way.

OOC over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 06 2020, 17:14

OOC Both please take a look at THIS THREAD (CLICK ME!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 06 2020, 21:52

Admin wrote:[OOC over to you.[/color]

"Well that went better than expected. But we'd best not wait for these guys to recover. You better call in containment for them. And we'd best see if we can Cortez some help or healing. Anyone here have a magic doohickey to take care of a beaten up villain?"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Feb 07 2020, 00:18

"If I can keep the Fear going they will be out for about an hour," the Haunt replies to Wraith's question. "But as Steeplejack said, we got what we need, Cortez, though we need to heal him to get him to talk ... so if any of you can...?"

"The Cabal was nice enough to tell us that they were paid to find the stone during that little fight, so that probably means the Advent paid them as I suspected. So if you folks would be nice enough to call in the cops and tell them to bring the nice paddy wagon around, we can be on our way to finding the second artifact we need to save all our butts," he finishes up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 07 2020, 16:23

Girder calls up Lady Luck on the monitor duty at UKChampions HQ and very soon there is a containment squad in the form of four armoured vans and a squad of thirty or so SWAT type soldiers who form a perimeter around the area.

All the soldiers wear ski masks and one strides over, peeling his up. Haunt and Steeplejack are impressed by the response time. It seemed Lady Luck had foreseen the need for backup and called them with the location and advised medical help was required, which was lucky.

A Doctor and several aides (also in ski masks with body armour on) tend to Cortex and one man walks up to the gathered heroes. They've only had a few minutes to wait for the vans and soldiers to turn up which was impressive indeed.

"I'm agent Robson. Strategic Metahuman International Terrorist Elimination. SMITE in other words." he said, letting the words sink in. SMITE had a terrible reputation from around 10-15 years ago when they were made a scapegoat for the farcical handling of the governments decision to outlaw superheroes who were not registered with the Authorities. They'd been closed down, twice, and this lot must have risen from the ashes. Steeplejack was around when they made a ham fisted mess of trying to arrest superheroes even as they fought bad guys and saved innocent civilians and Police alike. The Press had turned on SMITE, the Public had helped the Heroes and even the police had stood side by side with the costumed crimefighters against SMITE and the government. Not only did SMITE lose its funding and several high profile members of the organisation end up in jail but it brought down the Liberal Democrat government of the day and pretty much ensured they'd never again be voted into power whilst there were still people who remembered the whole sorry mess.

Robson looked uncomfortable, expecting some kind of backlash then added "We're doing things differently these days. Working WITH supers even if we don't have a clue who you are. Times are changing, and we're here to clean up your mess and make sure that the bad people stay locked away."

He looked at the bad guys (as did the heroes present) as they were hauled away. Many had been fitted with power sapping manacles and neck braces and were plugged into portable  power units. One soldier called over. "Sir! The woman doesn't register as a metahuman. Should we...?"

Girder spoke up "She... she is!" she said, stammering slightly. "They all are! She can cast magic spells."

The soldier glanced at the woman then immediately started muttering into a walkie talkie. Robson said "Get her to SPRITE, pronto." The soldier saluted and started talking even more into the radio.

Another soldier shouted and Robson turned to the heroes. "Cortez is asking for you. He's in a bad way."

Haunt and Steeplejack came over to the dying man. He'd been beaten too badly for the Doctor to help him here and only surgery could save him now, but he was insistent on speaking. Through swollen beaten closed eyes and mumbling through a puffy mouth with most of his teeth having been pulled out Cortez mumbled "Thanks... whoever you are..." in his spanish accented English. "They wanted... Piedra del Tiempo... Time Stone... but I wouldn't give it to them... My Grandmother gave it ... to me... to keep safe... never did anything but... she said it was important... I never... amounted to much... but if you can use it... it's at my place in the plant pot in the window... "

He mumbled an address. Robson said "I'll have someone go pick it up." Then he glanced at Haunt and Steeplejack. "Uh, unless you two want to get it."

All three were distracted when the Doctor started barking orders and a defibrillator was applied to Cortez' chest repeatedly. He died with a rasping breath, the Doctor sagging back and calling time as other soldiers started to bag up Cortez' body.

"At least we have this lot on murder. Good work. Cortez was a scumbag and maybe didn't deserve that, but it's another bad guy off the streets. I'll not grieve for him." said Robson. "We'll wrap this. Go check out Cortez's place." He gave a number to contact SMITE and a reference to contact Robson in particular then started supervising the taking of evidence and photographing the crime scene.

The UKChampions - Pixiefire, Girder and Bruiser - were quiet and respectful even as Cortez was carried away. Even Bruiser seemed short on words. Pixiefire squeaked "That was fun! And we took out some BAD people. We should do it again!"

"We'd best get back." said Girder. "Th... Thanks for your help. And...uh... we were glad to be of help." she added awkwardly.

Bruiser rolled his eyes "Yeah yeah pass me a sick bag. Let's get outta here. Later, goons." he turned to Wraith, was about to say something then turned away. Wraith had been watching the SMITE agents the whole time and glanced at bruiser before adding "I'm done here. good luck with what you're doing. Somewhere out there are more scumbags like the Chaos Cabal. Good working with you."

OOC I'll move you along to Cortez's place unless you want to say something to Robson/SMITE, Wraith or the UKChampions in attendance...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next