The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 24 2011, 13:33

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

The warrior ignored his question, fishing out a handful of something form a pouch on his belt... With a clatter he tossed a dozen teeth on the floor, which crackled and sprouted like plants - save into skeletal warriors armed with swords!

"There's something you don't see every day..." muttered Buccaneer, pulling out his sword. "Morningstar? A hand?"

OOC There are a dozen skeletal warriors (picture to follow when I dig out a Harryhausen picture to doctor) and this fellow with the soul blade. We're going to be trying out multi attacks. These let a high powered guy like you take on 'mooks' like these skeletons with a single roll and take out a few of them - hopefully. It's harder to do, but when the opponents aren't very powerful it's a simple way to clear a room... I assume Morningstar will walk straight up with any further ado and start smiting left and right, hip and thigh?

"You want just a hand," Morningstar quips as he walks forward, "or a bit more than that? What are we fighting here? The undead spirits of Jason and his Argonauts? You take care of the guard. I'll see about making bone tooth picks!"

With that, cigar puffing away, Morningstar wades into the skeletons to see how small of pieces he can bash them into.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2011, 20:38

OOC will be updating in a little while, but I have updated the MorningStar character See the character sheet section, plus explanation as to what does what.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 25 2011, 00:34

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

The Skeletons marched forwards to meet and surround MorningStar, who calmly shifted his grip on the fearsome weapon and swung the swirling balls on chains a little.

"That trinket will avail you naught mortal! Why I..." started the guard as he saw MorningStar approach his 'pets'.

OOC A multi-attack is an attempt to attack more than one target in the same frame. For our purposes a Multi-Attack takes 1 action (2 frames) - one to move, another to attack. You either hit all of the targets, or miss all of them. How it works is you add a modifier to the target with the highest OV/RV and make your attack. These skeletons have OV3 (dex) and RV3 (body). If Morningstar wanted to attack all 12 that would rise to OV11 and RV11. Target is therefore 11+OV (11) - AV (11)=11 or more. Roll of 9+3. 12. Weapons Effect Value (EV) of 15-RV11=4 damage to each. CRUNCH!

Even Buccaneer was distracted and moved to stand and watch as MorningStar waded in, pounding left and right through the skeletal warriors and sending fragments of bone flying in the air! As they clattered to the floor more warriors stepped up, only to be swept aside by a sweep of that awful weapon! With his boots crunching brittle bone underneath the heel MorningStar shifted his grip on the weapon to pull his cigar from his mouth, blow a cloud of smoke out and quip "That it?"

Buccaneer stood, open mouthed and shrugged, turning to the warrior who stood forlorn, the sword hanging by his side in his hand.

"What would you like to know?" it asked sheepishly.

OOC wiped out a dozen skeletons with two frames. Faster way of ditching mooks in this game than GH which would have been a frame per opponent...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed May 25 2011, 12:30

Buccaneer stood, open mouthed and shrugged, turning to the warrior who stood forlorn, the sword hanging by his side in his hand.

"What would you like to know?" it asked sheepishly.

OOC wiped out a dozen skeletons with two frames. Faster way of ditching mooks in this game than GH which would have been a frame per opponent....

That does make for a fast combat, as long as you don't keep missing. cheers

Morningstar nods to Buccaneer to ask the questions.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 25 2011, 22:19

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

With the crunch of shattered bones ringing under his feet, Morningstar stalked forward. Buccaneer smiled and turned to the warrior. "You look an unhealthy shade of blue, my friend. What happened to you, and what is going on here?"

Not taking his eyes off the mace, the man spoke up "I became a member of a druidic sect some years ago. They promised everlasting life and power, but this? They never said I would... ACK!" He clutches his throat, and his eyes bulge, turning all black! Suddenly a black smoke surrounds the mans body and whirls around like a slow tornado before rising and forming into some ghastly shape, like a man with a frogs head! "Enough mortal! I remove myself from your cowardly frame! And to you two... Lore Knights! We have seen your like before... and you will not thwart us this time! The Coven of Doom shall rise anew and none shall withstand our power!"

The smoke being dissipates, curling in on itself before winking from view, leaving the man, now pale skinned and terrified, stood in ill fitting armour and holding the hilt of a sword that no longer has a blade! "Help me!" he cries. "I never thought it would be like BANG!"

His words are cut off - as they would be when ones head explodes!

The Lore Knights stand aside as brains and gore splatter across the walls, and Buccaneer turns uneasily to Morningstar. "I know we have these powers and all, but we've really stumbled into something big here... or rather we've been sent! You think we can stop this... Coven?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 27 2011, 12:39

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

The Lore Knights stand aside as brains and gore splatter across the walls, and Buccaneer turns uneasily to Morningstar. "I know we have these powers and all, but we've really stumbled into something big here... or rather we've been sent! You think we can stop this... Coven?"

"If we can't, no one else can," Morningstar says gruffly. He had seen all kinds of death as an agent but this one was ... different somehow. "And that means no damsels in distress needing your services so we better get one with stopping them now."

He moves forwards. "Let's see what he has been guarding."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 27 2011, 22:28

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Buccaneer nods quietly, his usual sarcasm subdued somewhat. "It seems we come to a fork in the path". He says, standing at the branch in the corridor that goes straight on or right. "I don't know about you, but there's a strange tingling sensation I feel. Coming from... oh." He stared at the corner of the wall on his left. "Or maybe I'm just imagining it. Hmmm. No. There's something."

Morningstar wonders what Buccaneer is blathering on about, but when he looks at the wall, he feels something too. Something close by. Tens of yards. Something... magical...

Buccaneer sees Morningstars face change. "You sense it too? Eh? EH?" he laughed, the sound echoing through the corridors. "What is that? I look at you, I sense that tingling sensation. I look in that direction." he said, pointing vaguely to the left, where the corridor turned off and ran into the darkness "And I sense something tingling there too. Magic, isn't it? We're sniffing magic out!"

Morningstar had to admit the other man was onto something.

"Want me to whiz down that corridor and sees what's down there? I'll be back in a jiffy?" he looked into the darkness. "I have no problem at all seeing in the dark either! Or do we stick together. And which way? Left, or forward?"

OOC That's your magic sense in play. 6APsof Magic Sense works at up to 200 yards away, and Morningstar senses something - or someone - stood around 30 yards away 'as the crow flies' - i.e. in a straight line.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 27 2011, 23:12

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Morningstar had to admit the other man was onto something.

"Want me to whiz down that corridor and sees what's down there? I'll be back in a jiffy?" he looked into the darkness. "I have no problem at all seeing in the dark either! Or do we stick together. And which way? Left, or forward?"

OOC That's your magic sense in play. 6APsof Magic Sense works at up to 200 yards away, and Morningstar senses something - or someone - stood around 30 yards away 'as the crow flies' - i.e. in a straight line..

"I agree, I think we are sensing magic somehow. We've become bloody magic sensing bloodhounds. So go on, Rover. See what you can find and then come back. Don't engage. They may be able to sense us as well as we sense them. I will follow behind you."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 27 2011, 23:35

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Buccaneer sped off with a grin. Morningstar took the time to light another cigar and consider the weapon in his hand. It was powerful, irresistible even! He knew without testing it that it would powder the rock around him with a tap! Exhaling a cloud of smoke, he started walking down the corridor.

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1 - Page 2 2mzz32q

OOC the red dotted line is your path. The circle is where you stop when you see...

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1 - Page 2 Nleijd

OOC Imagine the skull is actually Buccaneers head. He is lying limp (head still attached) on the floor where the corridor splits again. He doesn't look hurt, but the woman - if such it is, looks about to enjoy a nice meal!

The creature looks up, then her eyes widen...

OOC And she attacks with a power called Broadcast Empath. She has 7APs. That is the Acting and Effect value (AV and EV). Opposing value is Monringstars Intelligence (5) and his Mind (5) as Resistance value. However... he has Iron Will (6), which boosts his RV to 11! Target number is 11+5=16-7=9. Roll of 4+4 (double) plus 1+3. Total 12, which boosts her EV from 7 to 8. 8 vs 11? Ha! Not today sister... You have 1 frame (initiative) before she has her 3 frames, then you get remaining frames. She's not in range of that mace unless you fancy throwing it. Your strength (5) would be the effect value of the attack (rather than the usual 15). 1 frame, over to you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat May 28 2011, 03:30

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

The creature looks up, then her eyes widen...

OOC And she attacks with a power called Broadcast Empath. She has 7APs. That is the Acting and Effect value (AV and EV). Opposing value is Monringstars Intelligence (5) and his Mind (5) as Resistance value. However... he has Iron Will (6), which boosts his RV to 11! Target number is 11+5=16-7=9. Roll of 4+4 (double) plus 1+3. Total 12, which boosts her EV from 7 to 8. 8 vs 11? Ha! Not today sister... You have 1 frame (initiative) before she has her 3 frames, then you get remaining frames. She's not in range of that mace unless you fancy throwing it. Your strength (5) would be the effect value of the attack (rather than the usual 15). 1 frame, over to you!.

"Why is it that women are always the bane of my existence," Morningstar says in an aggreived tone, shaking his head from whatever attack the woman tried to do on him. He steps forward, puffing his cigar so furiously that he almost might be mistaken for a train puffing up an incline.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 29 2011, 22:06

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Somewhat frustrated by her attempts to charm Morningstar as well as she'd done his comrade, the creature falls back on her other natural weapons... claws! The talons at the end of her fingers glint like steel, and swipe at the armoured Lore Knight!

OOC Three attacks on our hero. The creature has 8 Dex, the Claws are powerful (9). Target number is 11+OV (M Stars Dex of 7)=18-AV (her Dex of 8 )=10. Roll 5+3=miss. 4+8, hit, and +1EV. 4+9 hit, and +2EV. Her effect value (Claws 9) is boosted to 10 for the first hit and 11 for the second thanks to the decent rolls. However, Morningstars Body of 11 would block both hits, even if his shield didn't boost his resistance value to 16 (making him near impervious to physical attack!).

Morningstar casually raises his shield, puffing on his cigar and grinning at his vile foe! Her claws spark from its mirrored surface and the thing cries out in pain and frustration!

OOC I assume our hero gets 'stuck in'. His Weaponry (11) is the AV vs Dex (which is 8 ) of the creature. Target is 11+8-11=8 or more. Roll of 4+5, 9. Hits and effect value (mace has 15) - RV (her body of 7) means 8 damage!

With a single wet thud the creature goes down, crashing to the floor! Morningstar shakes his head in admiration at the weapon and puffs on the cigar as Buccaneer instantly stirs.

"Wha... so lovely! How did... WHAT?" he cries, moving to a seating position. He looks aghast at the dying thing nearby. "She was so lovely! So ... beautiful! What in... how?" he looked up at Morningstar. "My thanks. Again." he muttered, standing. "I heard cries for help beyond yonder door." He gestured to the doorway nearby. It was stout and solid, old oak reinforced with steel fittings. There was a small window, barred, and shouts for help could be heard on the other side!

Buccaneer looked to Morningstar and the pair walked to the door.

"Thank god!" cried a man, looked to be in his early 30s. He was dirty, tired looking. The room was full of men and women wearing nothing but rags. It was pitch black inside and there was little room for them to stand, never mind lie down or rest!

"Let us out of here, please!" he cried, and the others took up the call until it was a veritable din filling the dark and dusty halls!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 30 2011, 00:06

Ignoring his first impulse to free the people, Morningstar, instead, concentrates on that weird magic sense he now has. Too many times has he been tricked into seeing something that wasn't real.

"Do you sense anything strange about these folks, Buccaneer," Morningstar says quietly. "Remember, we can't trust what we see or hear around here."

actions: Magic sense to find out if they are who they appear to be. If they are, let them out. If not, we will have to see.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30 2011, 00:34

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Both Lore Knights concentrated, ignoring the clamour. Despite what had happened already, neither man got the same 'tingle' as before. It seemed 'clean.

But why were these people there?

OOC Morningstar 'interrogates' the prisoners with well chosen Questions - rolled 18 using Charisma (5) vs their Influence (2) and Spirit (2). Success.

It seemed Morningstars line of questioning was uncomfortable for the prisoners. To a man (and woman) they fell silent. After the Lore Knights made to leave, one spoke up. "Alright! Alright... just... just let us go?" The woman sighed, and continued. "We are ... were... all members of an ancient druid sect. We believed that worshipping the lords of darkness would give us everlasting life and power. It turns out it was partially true, but at a price - our souls! you may not believe us, but a door has been opened into another realm! Things... come through it, and occupy our bodies! We become ... something else! When it became clear they were using us to create some kind of dread army, we objected, and were placed in here as prisoners! We are guilty of being blinded by greed and practising witchcraft, but after seeing what they turned people into... we want no part of that!"

"No! NO! She says the truth! Let us out!" came the cries from within the room. The woman continued. "The high priests of our order have been promised the most power. All they have to do is sacrifice us, the loyal followers! Our guard... the woman you killed. She was Mary Holmes, a woman I knew from my village. She would never have wanted what happened to her! She loved the ancient ways and charms of the sect, but the dragged her screaming and tossed her into the gate! She came out like... like... that!" sobbed the woman.

Buccaneer scowled. "I would say they deserve what they get, but it would mean more of these creatures on the loose! What do we do with them?" he asked his comrade.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 30 2011, 03:39

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

Buccaneer scowled. "I would say they deserve what they get, but it would mean more of these creatures on the loose! What do we do with them?" he asked his comrade.

"Not sure to be honest," Morningstar says, after pulling Buccaneer a little distance away. "Don't know much about this magic stuff. Wish we had someone around who did. I don't want demons or whatever gaining power here but they did say that they were possessed by these beings from time to time. I would hate to let them free and have the demons possess them later. I think ... maybe we ought keep them there ... for now. Once we find these high priests and take them out and then close this "gate" thing, then maybe we can let them go. You are senior to me in this magic stuff, what do you think?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30 2011, 23:10

MORNINGSTAR & Buccaneer

"Senior?" chuckles Buccaneer quietly. "Only by a day or two my friend! I'd barely gotten used to what happened to me when you turned up. We're the blind leading the daft, as far as I'm concerned - draw your own conclusions as to whom fills which role! As to a course of action..." he frowns, pursing his chin with his hand. "I think your plan is sound. Leave them locked up. These people sought power, and will tell any lies they see fit to get their so called reward, and I suspect that includes betraying us to further their own cause. As I understand it, we are to act with honour and deal out the Kings Justice, albeit one from a time past. The current king stutters his way through speeches so that no one has the faintest idea what he speaks about."

He pauses then sighs. "I speak out of turn. He is my King. In his name, I will wield the power of the Lore Knights with honour, fairness and humility. Let us seek the villains of this piece and smite them, then return to decide what to do with this lot. Who is to say they won't open another gate?"

He looked Morningstar in the eye, nodded, and turned, course decided.

The Lore Knights ride again! Morning Star Issue #1 - Page 2 24fbfk0

This time he didn't rush off. The pair stalked through the corridor, light from their weapons shining the way for Morningstar, whereas Buccaneer needed none. "Thanks for saving my life." he said. "I'll return the favour I hope."

He stopped at the next junction, some 5m or so short. "My eyes are, frankly, superb. Better than a cats, I should think. The corridor goes straight on into the darkness, beyond even what I can see. It turns to the right here, to who knows where but..." he shivers. "I don't know. Something feels... odd. They placed a guard on the main corridor, and one at the prison cell back there. This seems like a route deep into the heart of the dungeon with no guard? Odd, no?"

You can see nothing untoward by the light of the shining Mace, and Buccaneer could well just be spooked by almost having been a ghoulish creatures meal, but he seems unsettled...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 31 2011, 03:00

MORNINGSTAR & BUCCANEER

He stopped at the next junction, some 5m or so short. "My eyes are, frankly, superb. Better than a cats, I should think. The corridor goes straight on into the darkness, beyond even what I can see. It turns to the right here, to who knows where but..." he shivers. "I don't know. Something feels... odd. They placed a guard on the main corridor, and one at the prison cell back there. This seems like a route deep into the heart of the dungeon with no guard? Odd, no?"

You can see nothing untoward by the light of the shining Mace, and Buccaneer could well just be spooked by almost having been a ghoulish creatures meal, but he seems unsettled....

Morningstar lights another cigar as he ponders Buccanneer's words. Once the cigar is going, he puffs furiously as he thinks over their options. Unknowingly, the cigar smoke slowly transforms into a fog that gathers round him and away from him to about 10 feet away.

"Let me go first and see what happens," he says within the fog.

With that, he steps up to the intersection and looks around.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31 2011, 20:43

MORNINGSTAR & BUCCANEER

Stepping up to the section where the corridor splits, Morningstar turns to speak. "See? There's no.."

Suddenly the floor falls away from him, some kind of trap door! He bounces from the walls on the way down, shield clattering from surface to surface and showering him in sparks! He gets chance to glance down and sees, some 20 feet down, sharpened wooden spikes!

CRUNCH!

With a grunt Morningstar sits up. The wooden spikes met an immovable object (him) and gave way. They are splintered and smashed, as are the bones of some unfortunate who fell in ages past! Looking up, he sees the darkness of the pit change slightly to the corridor, and holds up the mace. Then a ghostly rope drops down...

"Clumsy oaf!" chuckles Buccaneer. "You alright?"

Moments later, he's pulled from the pit and standing on the corridor floor again.

Buccaneer kneels down, pulling at a piece of near rotted through string attached to the pit door and leading into the stone wall via a gap in the rocks. "There's someone in here who knows we are hear by now..."

He stands and looks about. The forward corridor leads on, straight into darkness, whereas the right corridor might well join the main branch they came off earlier. "Which way? I can scout at speed but this place is full of surprises..."

OOC No damage to Morningstar. 11 Body renders him near impervious to things like this. A normal person would be worm food...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01 2011, 03:09

OOC Bowcaster has caught up with Morningstar and Buccaneer (see his thread for details) so we'll switch to this one whilst they team up - or battle, depending on how their 'first contact' goes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 01 2011, 07:22

Admin wrote:The Sea Hawk!

But what on Earth was Errol Flynn doing here, wherever here was?

Bowcaster checked around him to make sure this Errol Flynn pretender didn't have any additional support, before raising his bow arrow notched and ready to fire.

"Ok 'friend', the games up." Bowcaster said in a menacing drawl. It had been the first time he'd spoken out loud and he noticed his voice took on a strange accent with both confidence and authority he'd never possessed in life naturally.

"I don't know what game you think you're playing at, but where I come from we have laws about locking people up against their will and dangerous animals, like that..." And at this point he stopped, saying he'd seen and then slain a dragon, sounded odd even in these ears. Nonetheless he persisted,

"...reptile. Now you are going to free your prisoners and tell me what the jolly well point of this game is?"

It was at this point that Bowcaster also noticed the rope still straining, someone was coming up it. "Ah, got friends with you have you, or some hapless victim. Right pull them up and slowly, this bow has a mean punch, you wouldn't like to feel."

And with that Bowcaster moved slightly further back to give him room and time to fire should he need it as he watched the outlandish man respond.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 01 2011, 09:52

MORNINGSTAR & BUCCANEER & BOWCASTER

It was at this point that Bowcaster also noticed the rope still straining, someone was coming up it. "Ah, got friends with you have you, or some hapless victim. Right pull them up and slowly, this bow has a mean punch, you wouldn't like to feel."

And with that Bowcaster moved slightly further back to give him room and time to fire should he need it as he watched the outlandish man respond.

Coming up out of the pit was a cloud of fog. There was probably someone in it but he couldn't be seen very well [unless you got a supersense to see into the fog]. Strange fog. Smelled like cigar smoke.

"Well, he doesn't sound like any of the other guards we've met," the voice coming from the fog said. "I take it you don't know who he is either, Buccaneer?"

"Not me. Never met a friend like him," Buccaneer replies. "Though ... he does seem similar to us ... magic-wise that is."

"Okay," the voice in the fog says, pausing a bit to puff on his cigar, "we will go with Plan A. You talk to him. If we don't like his answers, I bash him."

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 01 2011, 13:44

DavidMcMahon wrote:
"Well, he doesn't sound like any of the other guards we've met," the voice coming from the fog said. "I take it you don't know who he is either, Buccaneer?"

"Okay," the voice in the fog says, pausing a bit to puff on his cigar, "we will go with Plan A. You talk to him. If we don't like his answers, I bash him."

"Friend if you don't do some answering, it won't be you doing the bashing. In case you hadn't noticed I do have a weapon trained on you both. Now for politeness sake, I'm called Bowcaster. You can see why..." Bowcaster says raising the bow a little but otherwise letting it be seen that its remains firmly trained on the one called Buccaneer.

"Now how come you both are here, where is here for that matter and what's with the prisoners back there?" Bowcaster wasn't sure what to make of the affable man in front of him, but he couldn't help feeling that he didn't have the look of someone who usually went around imprisoning people. But then looks can be deceiving. Who'd imagine he was a simple archaeologist after all!

OOC:

I know these are the fellow Lore Knights, but I'd want to be sure before I go ahead and let my guard down, as would they I imagine.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02 2011, 08:12

Buccaneer spoke up "Now hold on a minute there fellow. Be easier to have a cordial chat if you weren't pointing that thing at us! Especially as I can dodge out of the way and my friend here has magic armour that stops him from being hurt! You don't seem like anyone else we've met since being.. transported ... to wherever here is" he said with a shrug. "By that I mean you haven't got blue skin, fangs, and want to eat our brains. But if this is a trick, you'll be in for the hiding of your life!"

He paused, then added "I'm... Buccaneer. I was sent here from Caer Alwyn. I don't know what's going on, but my friend here took up a sword and POW, here we are. Wherever we are. And you? Your story sir?" He paused "Ah, the prisoners back there. You didn't free them did you? Turns out there a bit daft. Mad cultists and the like, come here to get power, except it seems someone really is dabbling in dark powers. The power they get turns them into something they'd rather not be, so they were all tossed in the clink until they were called for. Seems whomever runs this nut joint isn't that nice to his friends. That's who we need to stop, and the gate that caused all these changes needs closing! Right! I've said enough! Start talking, or I'll have that bow off you in a jiffy and my mate will brain you with that spiky club! Trust me, it's an awful weapon. I've seen what it does." he made a motion with his finger cutting across his throat. "your turn."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 02 2011, 08:37

Admin wrote:"I'm... Buccaneer. I was sent here from Caer Alwyn..."your turn."

Bowcaster nodded as he listened intently, but the mention of Caer Alwyn and the sword, well that changed everything.

"I too took a sword, except I saw myself...well you see the bow and..." John indicated his attire, before continuing.

"I was also transported here, I came across the prisoners but didn't free them, rest assured. I didn't think it wise to have them giving me away."

With that John suddenly remembered his manners. After letting his bow go, he held out his hand, "Terribly sorrow, just didn't know who to trust down here." After they'd shaken hands, he continued.

"Well this is a bally pickle at no mistake, do you think this is some Nazi plot or some other rotten blighter?"

OOC: Now we've got the intros over and done with lets get on deeper into the place, find out whose doing what where and to whom.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:11

Having made peace with the newcomer and ascertained that they are from the same place - indeed, with the same source of power - Buccaneer looks into the darkness. "We have two ways of going. This way." he points straight ahead, a long straight corridor going on into the darkness "Or to the right. I think that joins the main passage that we turned off when we came in. The danger of course is of missing something vital. Plus that there may be more traps about, though I'm sure our tin plated friend here can take whatever the place throws at him." He eyes Bowcaster up and down. "You and me? I'm not so sure. I can run really fast and see in the dark. Want me to scout down the straight then return when I know where it leads to?" he asked Morningstar. He turned to Bowcaster "No offence, but I look to my friend here for... heh. You know what? I barely know him better than I do you! Any suggestions you have, friend, I'll listen to. I go by the name of Buccaneer, and yes, I copied Errol Flynn for my look..."

With a thought he changes appearance again... to match Bowcaster! "But it could be anyone I look like!" He morphs to a different form - his own, that of Harry Peterson. "Call me Harry. When we're not..." he points to the masks and costumes. Then he changes back to his Errol Flynn guise...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 03 2011, 11:41

Admin wrote:With a thought he changes appearance again... to match Bowcaster! "But it could be anyone I look like!" He morphs to a different form - his own, that of Harry Peterson. "Call me Harry. When we're not..." he points to the masks and costumes. Then he changes back to his Errol Flynn guise...

"Boy these powers..."John was a bit lost for words as he felt almost too overwhelmed to continue, but then managed to regain his composure, "they take getting used to."

Looking both ways up the corridor, Bowcaster nodded to Buccaneers early suggestion, "Yes I think before we proceed it might be wise to know as much as we can."

OOC:
Yeah if Buck wants to scout I'm good with that, lets keep our eyes open and senses tuned in. Bowcaster is bow at the ready and willing to float, knowing now that the floor might in placed be trapped, if that might help.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next