The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My posting rate...

+2
Steeple_jackuk
Admin
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My posting rate... - Page 5 Empty Re: My posting rate...

Post  Admin Tue Apr 26 2011, 09:22

I had an idea that might be the case but there's always a slot for you if you want to return, as there is for Kendal (Stormwarden) and Harry (Darkshadow). I'll write a 'wrap' for Kitten that leaves her on hiatus but not 'gone forever', hope same applies to you Smile Thanks for letting us know and hopefully you'll get chance to come back in (with the same character or a different one, your choice).

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Tue Apr 26 2011, 01:07

I'm sorry to have to do this in the middle of a story before things were resolved, but it looks like I'm not going to have the time necessary to participate in this game effective immediately. Maybe if my circumstances change later in the year I'll check in for a possible return if you're willing to have me back. Thanks for giving me the chance to join in this game. I hope that it will continue to be as successful.

TDM7
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 24 2011, 12:17

Back, hung over, family duties and then updates before I hit the sack around 18.30. Work isn't bad this week, only in 3 days so puts a Laughing on my face Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 22 2011, 12:52

Admin wrote:Updates later today - I plan to bring the fights going on to a logical conclusion (though Sky Eagle hasn't started his yet so it only applies to the others) and move us on to catch up on the last couple of days where work/waiting for the AA/family stuff has hoovered my time up Mad

no worries mate as always grateful for all you do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 22 2011, 11:42

Updates later today - I plan to bring the fights going on to a logical conclusion (though Sky Eagle hasn't started his yet so it only applies to the others) and move us on to catch up on the last couple of days where work/waiting for the AA/family stuff has hoovered my time up Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20 2011, 19:09

Had a tyre blow out at 60mph on motorbike today so the resultant delay from AA turning up and getting home means I'm behind. Sorry chaps. Sad I should've been in bed an hour (or more!) ago for work too Sad up at midnight Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20 2011, 06:13

No probs - my post rate is all over the place at the minute thanks to work shifts and stuff I have to do when I get home. Posting generally slows during the summer months anyway as people get out and about more, but I'll aim to update at least once/day. My plan to expand the game to test a new (or different at least) game system to the Golden Heroes one we use will stay in the gestation period. I did some work on a document to explain the system but for now we'll stick with this one. In a few weeks I come to the 'good part' of my work link with days off, so I'll take another look at it then. As for SS, we'll NPC him as and when appropriate, get back in when you can Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Apr 19 2011, 16:57

Im sorry for the massive delays in my replys the pc is still under repair Sad

Feel free to use SS anyway you seem fit, after all he is use to taking orders (being a exsoldier)

Sorry again guys

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Sun Apr 17 2011, 20:42

NO problem for me ... saying that as its easter weekend I'll be doing the usual family thing on the Friday and trying to get the mother in law to go home on the Sunday .... its not too bad having her stay but 2 weeks is more than enough for me.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17 2011, 17:05

Quick heads up - been up to my eyeballs all day with chores and kids (same thing?) meaning I'm running behind. Updates tomorrow (I have to hit sack for a midnight work start Sad ) Sorry chaps, but regular updates every day in the afternoon this week because of shifts. On Saturday (next week) I'll be out on a leaving do and hungover (but able to post, and spell, badly) on the Sunday Smile As usual, thanks for your patience Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Wed Apr 13 2011, 15:32

I know exactly what you mean .... the kids thing that is..... Luckily my wife calls on her mother for holiday duty so at the moment got the mother in law living with us for two weeks plus I got the builders in moving my bathroom from one side of the house to the other so they can install a stair up into the attic which we are also having converted at the same time.

I sure my wife arranges everything to be done at the same time to see how much stress I can take before I keel over. Very Happy

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 13 2011, 01:10

I did get it, thanks - I can see where I've missed some bits already (he'd been in active service a couple of years, been shipped over to France as part of the B.E.F. then been shipped back, and was a sergeant, all of which is fine, as is his back story). I'll post up the character sheet in the next day or so (with kids off school getting near a computer without being pestered is... challenging...)

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamat Tue Apr 12 2011, 21:08

Hi there Admin

Just to let you know I PM'd the background for my character to you a couple of days ago. Let me know if its ok.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 10 2011, 22:06

Just a heads up - been out all day today in the sun *arrgggh, it burns* with the family and need to hit sack for work at 4am. The semi-good news is that I'm on call, so if work don't call me in it's a day off, which is nice. The bad news is that if they ring me in, no updates till after 4pm, but will be back up to regular speed for rest of week (though a mixture of long and short shifts will keep my times all over the place.) Fingers crossed Smile And now... *flourish of cape, throws head back dramatically* to bed Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 31 2011, 02:18

Updates later this morning.. finished work, can;t keep eyes oppppppeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09 2011, 15:37

Just a heads up - with only 12 hours between todays and tomorrows shift I may struggle to get everyone done, but tomorrows is only 6 hours so all updated for sure. Thx for your patience, as always Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 19 2011, 21:21

Admin wrote:Will be back up to date tonight. Split a couple of fingers so found it too hard to type. Have to wear gloves once I've put the steroid cream on Rolling Eyes Anyway, I think my hands are getting better, but have to be really careful - they cut open at the slightest touch of a cardboard box edge, never mind anything sharper! Sorry for the delay guys Sad

Cheers, Paul

I think its big of you to keep going in the situation mate. Well at least from Monday PM I'll be gone so one less to worry about till next weekend ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 19 2011, 16:31

Will be back up to date tonight. Split a couple of fingers so found it too hard to type. Have to wear gloves once I've put the steroid cream on Rolling Eyes Anyway, I think my hands are getting better, but have to be really careful - they cut open at the slightest touch of a cardboard box edge, never mind anything sharper! Sorry for the delay guys Sad

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 18 2011, 09:06

Admin wrote: Turns out its an allergic reaction...

Oh boy, sometimes you can develop a reaction from contact and then something triggers a reaction from there on in. There are a lot of industrial solvents and chemicals that with prolonged or ongoing contact can cause all sorts of harmful problems. I hope that once you get through this, it will be easier to make sure that the same thing doesn't occur again.

Admin wrote: Wife is giving me grief about not doing much about the house, but that's how it is - can't actually close my hands so gripping anything is out of the question. Frustrating!

Anyhow, getting better, slowly Smile

And writing on these forums probably despite the pain, probably indicates that she thinks if you can do that, why can't you help me? Do what you need to do, get better and you'll be better for it. If you need to take a week (just like me ;-) then maybe you'll not only feel better for it, but also be brimming with new ideas and possibilities to take things forward. After all the path of a true hero is never an easy one!

Anyway glad to hear you're making progress, in the right direction. Perhaps the reaction has hit its peak now, certainly it seems as if its taken a long time to get to this point if you're still suffering a week after the event.

For what its worth, I'll be thinking of you. Keep me informed I like to know how people are doing - its part of my work after all ;-)

D.

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 18 2011, 08:55

Cheers Dave - yesterday was probably the most painful day I've had with it. Intended to update all the threads but had to concede defeat when a couple of blisters on the back of my fingers stopped me from doing anything other than 1 touch typing. I'd still be at it now if I hadn't gone to bed. Hands are really tight now. They are a mess. Turns out its an allergic reaction, so might not happen to everyone but I'm still convinced it has much to do with the stuff they clean the trains in. Never had anything like this before in my life, hopefully avoid it in the future. It really is rather painful and horrible to look at, but there are worse off people than me so I'm not feeling sorry for myself. Wife is giving me grief about not doing much about the house, but that's how it is - can't actually close my hands so gripping anything is out of the question. Frustrating!

Anyhow, getting better, slowly Smile

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 18 2011, 07:02

Sorry Paul I completely missed this along the way, thank goodness Ross mentioned it as it had me scratching my head. Anyway did you get to see the Doc? How are the hands now? So sorry to hear that mate, but at least with me going away next week, you'll have one less thread to worry about ;-).

Dave Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 14 2011, 21:06

Ew cheers mate very discriptive. Who knew acid and skin dont mix???? Anyway hope you get better soon

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 14 2011, 20:07

Some good news and not so good. First the good - I'll be having some time off over the next week so expect regular updates (that's the plane anyway). The bad? About a week ago my hands started coming out in blisters. Turns out acid and skin doesn't mix. Thinking back I think it came off the grab rail of a loco I climbed onto. Anyway, my hands look like bubble wrap right now (all over fingers and palms. Every time I close my fist something pops...) and they are starting to burst, which is painful and limits the things I can do with my hands (therefore will be off work, sick). Plus they itch like mad,and the skin has split between my fingers. And I can't get into see my GP for love nor money to get the prescription I need Rolling Eyes Anyway, I will try my best Smile It's hard to feel sorry for oneself when it means not having to get up at stupid o clock for work Smile

It's also my excuse for lousy spelling Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 10 2011, 14:56

I'm a little bit all over the place this week. On nights so juggling all sorts of stuff, so apologies for being slow. I plan to be heading towards getting all of you in the same place over the next couple of weeks. Seeing as some of you are in Germany, Scotland, the Antarctic and Atlantis, that might be quite a challenge Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 23:55

Next two days are really long shifts, so bear with me please Smile I also want to update the notable information section. in case anyone wondered, I reply to posts using the oldest post first, newest last, so if I don't get to a post on a day it will be the top of my 'to do' list the next. Just so you know Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum