The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Kitten Issue #1

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Kitten Issue #1

Post  TDM7 Tue Jan 25 2011, 01:31

Julie Avery, Secretary to the Minister of War
a.k.a. Agent Joanna Van der Berg, Code Name: Kitten

The countryside was supposed to be a safe haven far away from the threat of the Nazis, but perhaps there were no safe places left -- not when they had strange aircraft like this that could move so quickly and quietly that they wouldn't have been discovered except by good fortune. It angered Joanna to see them making a foothold in her adopted nation from which they could launch their attacks from within its borders that she didn't stop to consider going back to alert the local authorities.

Realizing that she might be spotted the nearer that she got to the landing site, Joanna gave herself an advantage that would make her harder to notice. Pebbles turned to rocks, rocks turned to boulders, shrubs turned into trees, and the trees turned into massive monoliths as Joanna reduced in size until she was no larger than a doll. Even though she was growing more comfortable with this strange power, she still couldn't help but feel somewhat vulnerable while in this state.

The tiny woman looked up to the trees. "I hope that all of the owls have found their dinner already," Joanna whispered to herself as she attempted to get close enough to the Nazis to see what they were doing in order to sabotage it when the time was right.

TDM7
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - Kitten Issue #1

Post  Admin Tue Jan 25 2011, 14:28

OOC Nice description of shrinking Smile

Moving amongst the giant redwoods that were ferns, and waiting until a 'monstrous' badger passed - the creature having sniffed, detected the scent of the woman and decided to move on, not knowing she was small enough for the thing to eat - Joanna crept ever closer to the mining activity.

She saw Nazi workers in dark clothing shoring up the start of a mining tunnel. It was large, and square, but with picks and axes the thing would take decades to dig feet! Surely they...

Jo looked up, and around. The hovering saucer high overhead had paused, floating alongside the mountain. Rising from the silver dome on the top, a radar dish rose and turned to point at the rock. The workers were shouted at to move away, and Joanna heeded the words herself, moving behind a rock the size of a house - to her - and yet not higher than a soldiers knee.

The saucer emitted a searing beam, slicing into the rock and melting it like cheese! It expanded, slowing its cutting action but ensuring the hole it cut was wide and perfectly formed, the rock glowing white hot and the heat searing! The Saucer continued to hammer the heat ray into the mountain side, changing from wide angle to narrow, to cut deeper, then steadily expanding and widening to make a 20' x 20' opening that was perfectly smoothed and formed!

Suddenly the beam stopped and the saucer turned, heading towards the distant Loch Ness! The saucer seemed hot, the rain sizzling from its surface as it moved away. The heat coming from the mine entrance was diminishing, but the work crew moved in with hoses and buckets, pouring water onto the rock outside and standing back as the heat changed it to steam. Joanna leaned back, considering that which she had seen. The nazis were intent on creating some kind of base in the mountainside. It would take days, perhaps weeks, to do so, but once finished? It would be a near impregnable mountain fortress and doubtless armed to the teeth! Something the British people would fear and suffer from! What could Joanna do to stop it?

=========

50m or so away, in a makeshift camp of tents and vehicles...

The hooded figure looked up from the maps and diagrams on the table. The others in the room stayed well clear of the man who radiated uncomfortable heat - enough to break them out into a sweat from feet away. He wore special clothing that both kept his heat in and prevented the cold from affecting him too much. Plus it prevented his very touch from burning everything he touched. An inconvenience, but necessary, in order to interact with these new allies. His people needed things the nazis and their allies could provide, and in turn they had to supply their own services and skills to this coalition.

"There is an intruder." he said, voice cold and robotic. One of the Nazi officers looked up. "What? Where?"

"Nearby." said the mysterious stranger. "I may be blind, but I see far more than your fleshy orbs permit. I see heat. I see variances and movement, and I see something else. Something small."

"An animal?"

"No. I thought at first, but the shape is of a human. Tell me... are you humans so varied in sized you range from a mere 4 klacktons high?"

The Nazis looked at one another. Part of their cover included speaking English, and though it was not their native tongue they were fully conversant in it. Still, their curses were in German, and one spoke up "Klackton? Vas ist...?" The stranger bit back his impatience, and turned, his face alien and threatening. "Do not doubt my abilities. My race may be near extinct, but those of us left are far more powerful than you mere humans. You would do well to remember that!"

The Nazis stiffened, straightening their uniforms. "We will send out search parties... err... where should we look?"

=========

Back near the mining site...

Joanna could stick around to sabotage the efforts or report the activities. She pondered her options - that is until she heard shouting! What? How had they found...? No. They hadn't found her yet. The Nazis were leashing dogs up to start the search though!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Jan 26 2011, 03:55

Joanna looked around, trying to determine if the Nazis were reacting to her or some other threat in the area. I had been so careful! she thought. At her tiny size and shrouded by darkness, it would have been extremely difficult for them to have noticed her, especially when she hadn't caused any noisy disturbances.

Whatever had raised the alarm, she had to leave immediately and not hope that they would pass her by. Even though the Nazis would have a difficult time finding her, the keen sense of smell of the dogs would lead them right to where she was hiding once they picked up her trail. Remaining in her tiny size, Joanna sprinted away as fast as she could to put as much distance between her and those dogs while she was still unnoticed. Once she was far enough away that they couldn't see her, she could change back to her normal size even if the dogs were still able to chase her down.

OOC: Joanna is running back towards the town that she noticed before being distracted by the flying saucer. However, she is keeping an eye out for any rabbit holes or other small suitable hiding places if it looks like they will overtake her before she gets there.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 26 2011, 23:29

"Rabbits?" declared one of the German soldiers as he held a barking dog back on a leash. "He sent us chasing rabbits?" The other soldier cursed, then the pair moved on. Jo moved from the rabbit hole she'd taken to hiding in after sprinting away from the scene. Clearly they were after something - or someone. If it was her how did they know she was there? Unless...? Her own abilities were amazing to a normal human being. It was possible the Nazis had a metahuman of their own at the camp, and if so there must be some way to counter the persons' powers.

She continued on through the darkness having led the Nazis on a wild goose chase through the woods.

=========

Once again normal sized she closed in on the village she'd seen...

All seemed normal - a few cars parked out on the streets and the whinny of horses in stables. The main lights seemed to be coming from the village pub. There was something.. unsettling about the place though. She'd gone only a few miles but surely they'd have seen something or heard strange sounds and asked the authorities to investigate? With a shrug she relished the prospect of being warm and dry whilst getting a hot meal, glancing up at the steady drizzling rain that had been unceasing since she got to Scotland. The temperature had dipped a fair bit too away from the mine and the terrific heat the saucer had used in cutting the hole in the mountain side.

OOC straight into the pub or a look around first?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Fri Jan 28 2011, 01:36

Escaping the pursuit of the Nazi patrol combined with the long walk from her broken-down automobile had left Joanna feeling quite fatigued. The annoyance of the continuing falling rain and plunging temperature sealed her decision not to spend another minute outside when she could be warm and comfortable inside the pub.

I hope that they're not serving rabbit stew tonight, she joked to herself. It wouldn't sit right with her, especially after she had used one of their hiding spots to escape the dogs.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 22:26

OOC Still your character sheet to do, which I'll start after this message. Apologies for the delay in this - it's only been a few months anyway Shocked ...

The village of Glenn Cairn seemed cosy and warm, lights glowing from the windows of the small homes Joanna passed. Stepping through the doorway of the local pub she heard the general hum and chatter of the place quieten down as they turned to see a tall slim attractive woman covered in mud and dripping wet from the rain totter in with a half broken heel on one shoe and a torn jacket at the shoulder.

The barman looked over, slightly shocked. He glanced at two of the bar patrons, white haired men with gruff expressions. The place was half full, including several men of conscription age, Joanna noted. There were a number of women ranging from early twenties to late fifties, and all told there were around 25 people in the common room. The Barman spoke first "Ach... Och, lassie. Tis a braw neight fer a walk. What ken ah get ye're?" he said, with a grin.

As if on cue the rest of the patrons immediately resumed their conversations. Those that Joanna caught were about farming, the lousy weather, rationing and the price of feed.

Joanna still had her purse and plenty of money on her, and glancing about, saw a range of drinks foodstuffs... including Sauerkraut...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28 2011, 22:53

World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 Sq1mq1

OOC I have no idea if this image of Kitten fits with your description - there was a catsuit thing going on with Emma Steed/Gravity Girl (Puttus companion) so I continued the theme. men in suits and Bowler Hats, ladies in leather catsuits. gee, wonder where we've seen that before Smile Anyway, if you have a picture you'd rather use, let me know and will change it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sat Jan 29 2011, 19:02

"I would really enjoy a cup of tea, if you'd please," Joanna responded. She fretted about the mess she was making, dripping off rainwater and shedding bits of mud, but this place had probably seen worse.

The barman obliged, setting the steaming cup on the bar in front of her. Joanna thanked him and cradled the cup with both hands, drawing as much warmth as she could from it before raising it to her mouth to take a precautionary sip to judge its temperature.

"Can any of you gentlemen tell me if this town has a mechanic?" she asked. "My automobile broke down a few miles back. Needless to say, it was a very miserable time just to get here waking in that rain. Is he here tonight?"

Although this was true, Joanna was setting up a cover story. Something was disturbing her about this quiet little town. A small community like this where everyone would seem to know everyone else would be naturally suspicious to be visited by an outsider. However, when she first got here, they were acting like they were covering up some conspiracy. Is it because they are being held captive or collaborating with the Nazis? she thought. It might explain why there would be sauerkraut on the menu instead of a more local dish. Although she was still relatively new to this country and unfamiliar with all of its regional dialects, something didn't seem right about the barman's 'Scottish' accent either.

If this town was assisting the Nazis, Joanna wasn't going to draw attention to herself by asking for the local constable.

OOC: I'm guessing that the sauerkraut is a clue and not something that was usually eaten in Scotland during that time period. In the U.S., it was still available but they changed the name to 'Liberty Cabbage'.

I think that picture on her character sheet will work fine. Leather catsuits seem like more of a '60s fashion statement but I'm not complaining. ;-)

I would have liked to put up a few pictures too after seeing the fine examples that Putty/Anyman and Lionheart were using for their icons. However, I'm using an older computer without a good picture editing program so I wasn't able to change their sizes or fix them as needed.
Let's see if I can put them up now just for reference.

The first picture is a movie still from the Todd Browning film "The Devil Doll" which was filmed in 1936, so that makes it appropriate for Joanna's time period.
World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 Devil_Doll

The second picture features Jessica Biel from the movie "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" which would have suitable for the Kylie Robertson modern-era Kitten.
World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 Chuckandlarry2

Last edited by TDM7 on Sun Jan 30 2011, 23:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed last line for actions which didn't happen based on next message.)

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 30 2011, 00:19

OOC Jessica Biel is lovely, no arguments there Smile Not heard of the first film before - looks like an interesting movie anyway

The bartender glanced at the door, then looked past Joanna and flicked his head towards it, replying to her "Mechanic? Och, that'll be... Willie. He's not here at the moment. Went to... Glasgow. For spares. Tell me, lassie, so are you on your own? Anyone with you? And what would bring you out here anyway? Sight seeing? Or something else?"

Joanna was aware of someone getting up behind her and glanced about.

Sure enough, the patrons of this place weren't quite what they seemed. Several were glancing at each other. One or two were reaching under the table...

OOC Joanna is smart enough to see trouble when it's about to kick off, and the Sauerkraut reference was a clue Smile Not your usual dish back then in Scotland, or at any other time I should think! As for the avatar for your name, I'm not sure that I can change it for you, but I'll take a look. I can certainly shrink the picture down to size to fit but not sure if I can put that in for you. Will check it out anyway.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sun Jan 30 2011, 23:40

The barman's odd accent had alerted her that something was off about this place. The gaps in his reply were those of someone trying to make up a plausible-sounding lie. When the other patrons likewise began behavinging suspiciously, Joanna alertly took notice that she may have walked into the middle of trouble instead of leaving it behind on the mountain.

"I was just passing by to get somewhere else. I probably wouldn't have even noticed your village if my automobile hadn't broken down where it did so that I lucky enough to stumble upon it," she explained. "No offense meant, of course. I'm sure that your town is quiet lovely," Joanna apologized. "I was hoping that I could find someone here able to fix the engine and be on my way as soon as possible. I have friends waiting for me and I would hate for them to be worrying about what may have happened."

This had the potential to get bad. Even if they had only intended to capture her, once they searched her belongings, they would come across her credentials which identified her as being the secretary to the minister of war.

OOC: Joanna is going to play out the lost traveler role for as long as she can and try to let them overreact first. Depending on how many weapons are pointed her way, she'll use martial arts if the number is manageable or try to use shrinking to escape if there are far too many of them.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01 2011, 14:44

Joanna smiled as she explained her plight to the barman. Shifting ever so slightly to the right she saw the reflection in the mirror of the people behind her, a couple in their early thirties. Both were blond and very good looking. Come to think of it, most of the people in here fit that kind of profile, save for the older types who'd been sat around drinking and eating, and they - men and women, were older, in their forties. A few were in their twenties, but the older ones seemed to be in charge. What kind of hornets nest had she stumbled into?

"Your companions? We'll send someone out to retrieve them straight away!" explained the Barman. He nodded to the end of the bar where a man in his early forties sat. He was grizzled, and a long scar ran down his face. "Hei...mish. Hamish there will nip doon the road and pick them up, isn't that right?" The man stood. He was dressed in outdoor clothes, hard wearing and soiled with dirt and darker brown stains, which might have been blood. "He's a hunter, knows the area well. Even if your friends have wandered away from the road he'll have no bother tracking them and bringing them here, where it's warm."

One of the young men stood and walked out of the front door, whilst the Barman busied himself with the menu. "Now, what'll it be, my dear?" The barman smiled, but glared past Joanna and gave the slightest shake of his head.

'You are in grave danger. I feel that the shadows darken near here. Not here exactly, but the natives of this village have no love for the people you know as the English. There is also the whiff of... there...'
said a voice inside.

Joanna frowned, having heard the mysterious voice again. She looked at the far end of the common room where a couple of men were throwing darts at a board. Beside the board set on shelves were large red candles almost melted down, and etched in dark brown .. paint? on a shadowed part of the wall was what looked to be a star. A five pointed one, sometimes known as a Pentangle or Pentagram.

"Herbal tea. Whilst you make up your mind." said the Barmans' wife, a plump buxom woman with a hard face. It looked like she was trying hard to smile. She pushed over a steaming mug that smelt odd, not unpleasant, but it was warm and doubtless refreshing. Or so it appeared.

The pair waited expectantly for Jo to drink and order.

The young man came indoors and gave a little nod, then went to sit down. The barman and his wife appeared to relax then, and the wife smiled broadly.

Her teeth had been filed into slight points, Jo noted.

Jo caught a glance in the mirror. The blond couple in their thirties had gotten up and snuck across the floor... their arms were lowered, but the murderous intent on their faces was clear!

OOC Judging by the mirror behind the barman the couple are almost within swinging distance. Jo also notes that several tables have people with hands tucked beneath table tops. Then there is the mysterious warning of the inner voice. Something is going on, clearly...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:49

"Thank you," Joanna replied kindly. She raised the mug cautiously but had no intention of drinking this witch's brew. Even as she brought it close to her lips to pretend to take a sip, she held her breath to avoid inhaling its vapors in case they happened to be just as potent as she imagined the liquid to be. With a glance at the mirror, she lowered the mug slightly then turned quickly to face the blonde couple that was sneaking up on her. Intending it to make look like an unfortunate accident, Joanna directed the cup so that the hot liquid might splash on them and stall their advance.

"I'm so sorry!" she apologized, then took a swing at them which would hopefully take them by surprise after that 'accident'.

OOC: Joanna is going to fight her way to get to the door in case she can't handle everyone in the building by herself and needs to use it as an escape route.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:12

With a flick of the wrist Jo showered the pair in hot herbal tea! They threw up their hands - revealing the guns they carried! Stepping in, Kitten delivered a clinical right hook to the male, sweeping a leg around to topple the woman and send her on her way as she followed it with a jarring kick!

Turning to head for the door, Jo ducked underneath a baton swung by the suddenly ferocious Barman who leaned his gut over to strike at her. Catching his arm at the wrist, she twisted, eliciting a cry and forcing him to drop the baton before she twisted his writs, making him scream and fall back in agony. Shouts rose, and the patrons of the bar started pulling guns! Whilst Joanna was supremely gifted in the martial arts, and blessed with a level of superhuman strength that made her more than the equal of the entire common room of the pub, bullets were a problem!

In several steps she'd reached the door, only for the door to swing in!

World War II - Kitten Issue #1 - Page 3 11ka637

The rain splattered inwards as a tall broad man filled the doorway. "Ah yes. You were right to summon me!" said the newcomer. "She is no ordinary traveller! I felt her presence when she came into town, as no doubt she felt mine!" The newcomers eyes flashed from blue to red! Even those in the common room paled and hung back, cries dying on nerveless lips. The lights flickered, and the candles blew out as the man smiled. "Welcome Princess." he growled, his voice becoming deeper and gravelly. "I have followed you across Scotland! You poke your nose where it is not wanted! Mr Brendoone sends his regards..."

Something inside Joanna seemed to awaken! She shuddered, and the man narrowed his eyes, growling. "Don't just stand there!" he bellowed. "KILL HER!" to those in the pub.

OOC 1d10=6 Kitten, 1d10=5 bad Guys. IMPORTANT: Add another power to Kittens repertoire. As she gains experience, so her body adapts to superhuman powers and the dark power inside her expands her abilities. I'd recommend speed, maybe an energy attack (need not be energy that she blasts - some kind of special talons she can produce from her hands that have a range of touch but are devastating in a fight) or some kind of defensive ability. Anyway, it can be anything you want aside from the powers which take up two slots (like magic, psi powers etc). Kitten has 1 frame before the enemy can act. The man in the doorway is in range of her fist. The others in the room - the patrons - are ALL armed with weapons, mostly pistols. They are unlikely to fire - Joanna hopes - thanks to the man stood in the doorway behind her...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Thu Feb 03 2011, 03:33

"Mr. Donohms, I presume," Joanna replied, matching his stare with her own in a quiet challenge. Adrenaline was still giving her an edge against the fear that she probably would have shared along with all of the other occupants of the room. It had to do with the flickering of the lights and memories of the phrase The shadows darken around this one that lingered in her mind.

"Please let Mr. Brendoone know that he shouldn't have gone through all that trouble. He would have received a visit from me soon enough."

While she still had the nerve to do so, Joanna went after the man that was blocking the doorway.

OOC: Kitten will be getting her Speed power back. She'll stay close to the man by the door to hopefully avoid getting shot. It's not important for her to defeat him. Her primary goal is getting out, even if she has to take him outside with her.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03 2011, 13:43

The man smiled. "Ms Avery. I presume?" he laughed. "You appear to know something of me. A disadvantage normally, but I know EVERYTHING about you!"

His smiled was wiped from his face when 'Ms Avery' pounced forwards, delivering a powerful karate kick! Donohms was catapulted through the closed door and into the rain outside! A step later and Kitten was out with him as bullets smashed into the wall and door frame!

The man stood smoothly. Wiping his mouth which had been bloodied, he grinned at the woman stood out of sight from the common room. "These mortal forms. So fragile, don't you think? I can see yours... very nice by the way... suits your 'inner self'. I can also see you do not possess your full potential just yet! Think then how easy it would be for me to drag you back kicking and screaming to the shadow realm, to stand trial for you and your brothers crimes! There is a new order rising back there! Only you half dozen or so, playing... 'hero' ... stand in our way of domination! It didn't have to be like that you know..." he smiled... then thrust a hand at Kitten!

OOC hopeless to hit roll helps...

Dark Red fire blossomed from the mans' hand, torching a place where Julie Avery had been stood only a heartbeat before! Donohms eyes tracked her as she sped to a halt across the street.

Julie frowned. She watched her enemy carefully... was that... a streak of grey hair at the temples that hadn't been there a second ago?

"I wonder... what will it take for your TRUE self to emerge, my dear? I told the elders I would drag you back, but only after I was finished with you! It doesn't have to be like that! We could be together, you and I, with your power at my side to rule over every reality and universe out there, a perfect existence of darkness and shadow, suffering and servitude!" he laughed. The rain sizzled as it came close to landing on him.

Something deep within Julie/Joanna/Kylie stirred. "Impudent whelp!" it cried, voice becoming louder. "Teach him a lesson, avatar!"

Julie gasped, clutching her chest! Such pain! Her face creased, but she knew, all of a sudden, she was stronger, faster, more powerful than she'd been a moment before, but what did it mean?

Donohms face fell. "Whelp is it?" he snarled, as if he'd heard the voice inside Julie. He raised his hands again!

OOC Bad guy 10, Julie 8. 1 frame to him, held as he's attacking with a high power energy blast. 4 frames to you. Julie can access more power if you so desire it... Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Fri Feb 04 2011, 03:44

The man smiled. "Ms Avery. I presume?" he laughed. "You appear to know something of me. A disadvantage normally, but I know EVERYTHING about you!"

Not everything, she thought with some satisfaction after his arrogant boast. If he did know everything about her, he wouldn't have been addressing her as 'Ms. Avery' but by her real name. Although after that, he seemed to be addressing somebody else entirely....

No! Don't give in to her! Don't be tempted by the power! the voice of the young British girl pleaded as it forced it's way into her head after having been silent for so long.

Joanna hadn't asked for any additional power but she'd keep that in mind... if she survived.
"Her words, not mine. But I'm starting to see why she feels that way," she dared to reply.

OOC: Kitten is preparing to dodge that blast, answer that with a martial arts attack or two, then prepare to dodge again for his follow-up attack.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 04 2011, 23:53

Joanna heard footsteps as people ran out of the pub and into the street behind her, doused with rain even as she ws. The man she faced cared nothing for that though! he raised his hands again - at this range, how could he miss?

OOC Kitten attacks with Martial arts. Roll 18, hit, total 26htc, Roll 17 hit, total 17 htc (minimum, a roll of double 1!)

He didn't quite get the chance - a spinning kick and a thunderous shot to the head flicked his head to one side even as he stood firm against the blow. He grinned, an action wiped from his face as Joanna followed up with a slammed fist between his eyes. A thin trickle of blood flowed from his nose, and despite the pain, he smiled again. "These mortal shells we wear are so fragile!" he exclaimed. "Do you want to know what happens when the form you wear is destroyed? I will show you!"

He thrust his hands at Kitten again. This time a torrent of white hot flame surged outwards! She cried out, spinning through the air with superhuman speed as she tried to dodge! Only partially successful, Joanna beat flames out on her clothes, feeling the searing heat on her skin underneath!

OOC Roll 13 hit with a high power energy blast (15 dice, split 8 htk, 7 htc) Dodge roll of 2 - glancing blow after Dodge mod applied (less WC of attack). Damage is halved. 34htk divided down to 17, and 29 down to 14. Kittens totals are 26htk and 35htc

Climbing to her feet as steam rose from her form, Kitten looked to where the people had streamed from the Pub. The publican, his wife and several others lie in the streets, charred corpses due to being in the line of fire! The pub itself blazed with unnatural flame that resisted the driving rain and licked at everything flammable it could find!

"Hahahahaha!"
bellowed Donohms. "They followed archaic cults, allowed themselves with the Nazis and sought to usurp the English oppressors! Many courted the idea of being elevated by me to superhuman levels! Look where their faith and loyalty got them! And you would defend these idiots?"

Kitten narrowed her eyes, trying to keep the inner anger in check. She then noticed her foes hair had thinned visibly, the scalp now showing through and liver spots had appeared on the back of his hands.Donohms noticed too as pain creased him, and he clutched his back. "What? Curse these mortal forms! They are too fragile!"

'Fragile yes, but they can be trained, adapted over time to serve as adequate hosts. Patience is needed. Something I have been lacking, admittedly. For you though, Aznak'kabirr, time is running out!'
said the inner voice in Joannas' head!

In reply her foe snarled and spat "Don't lecture me Princess! All know of your appetites, and your rages! Patience is the last word anyone would use to describe you!"

OOC The combatants are stood within swinging distance. Initiative 10 Kitty, 9 Shadow Demon. The turncoat scots/nazi sympathisers are out of the fight, more concerned with burning to death! 1 frame to Kitten, then four for the bad guy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sat Feb 05 2011, 14:24

Joanna wished that the voice inside of her head would ease off. While the voice was free to taunt Donohms (or Aznak'kabirr as it would later call her opponent) from afar, Joanna was the one who felt the pain from his mystical fiery attacks in response.

But Donohms was suffering as well in what appeared to be a now rapidly aging body. Maybe it's like the metaphor of burning the candle at both ends -- it increase the power, but shortens the life, she observed. If that was true, all she might need to do is to have him continue to use up his power and then wait for him to 'burn out' as it were. If I can last that long, she thought, wondering if the same thing was true for her as well but too afraid to look.

"If you despise these mortal forms so much, go back to wherever you came from and leave the rest of us alone!" Although she was speaking to Donohms/Aznak'kabirr, she felt the same opinion towards this Princess that was currently sharing her body as well.

Joanna moved in for another attack, trying to take advantage of her opponent's physical deterioration by continuing with her assaults.

OOC: Going with another martial arts attack, using remaining frames to dodge (if possible) or continue the attack (if not).

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07 2011, 22:02

'Why whatever do you mean?' purred the inner voice. 'Were it not for me, you would have no means of revenge for your dear departed mates death. I am your weapon, girl! You have but to use me!'

Through the wind and rain, the darkness, and the violence of the battle in the street of a quiet scottish town, Joanna caught a flash of something else...

...A barren landscape of black ash and volcanic fury. White dead skeletal trees scattered across a landscape of rolling black dunes. There! On a high peak, a massive city of black iron, glow from tireless forges lending an eerie blood red shine to the impregnable walled city. The screams of a million slaves in torment echo across the planes. No sun wanders this sky of perpetual night and gloom, for this is the land of shadows, a land conquered eons ago by creatures who fed on evil and despair, turning the word, aye, and the universe about it, into a twisted vision of their own vile paradise...

'And now they want the same for this world, and every other world with a sentient being on it girl, spread through the cosmos. I know, because I was of the ruling family! Perhaps too late, we finally saw, thanks to one humans folly, the true price of power, and were usurped. My elder brother started the change, and they ousted our entire line from everything we knew! I hated him at first! Now? I enjoy these challenges you place before your puny mortal flesh! And, perhaps, I see he was right. Aznak'kabirr thinks different, as do those who usurped us. They covet this reality and all others. It starts with your death, and the loss of the shell that ties me to this reality. I would... not have it so!'

Jo blinked. A heartbeat had passed, and she'd seen all that! She struck out with a fist at her foe!

Crack!

Blood and water sprayed from his face as he staggered...

OOC roll 12, hit, 24htc damage, reduced by dividers. Four frames to the bad guy...

Nazi sympathisers, traitors to the United Kingdom but fiercely loyal to their own Scottish flag, looked on from behind curtained windows as the strange, handsome, frightening man was battered by the smaller slim woman! Many had had doubts about the Nazis setting up a secret base nearby, but they'd been bribed and treat well. Those who opposed it were given friendly smiles and escorted from the village by undercover Nazi agents, to live somewhere else. Some people had their doubts about that, but over the last couple of weeks the undercover Nazis had spent freely at the village, enough that debts were cleared and they boasted the richest village in the county! It was but a minor inconvenience when going to another town or city for supplies that a couple of the Nazis came, posing as visiting relatives. Now they watched a stranger incur the Nazis wrath... The only thing was, the woman was doing rather a good job of standing up for herself!

Donohms growled, then grew!

OOC He uses Growth to increase size, mass, strength and vigour! 1 action. Then he attacks! Roll of 2... miss! Roll of 13, hit. 36htc. Response will be dodge I expect... Roll of 3, plus dodge mod less WC of attacker=5. Use two frames in total to dodge the blow completely. That leaves Kitten with one more frame this round.

The huge man towered over Joanna, bringing a fist down that cratered the street! 'Die!' he hissed.

Jo rolled to her feet having dodged, and looked up at the man. His blond hair was patchy and more silver now, with visible crows feet around the eyes and sagging jowls on the cheeks! Even Donohms cried out and clutched at his back, cursing '...these insipid mortal forms!'

OOC 1 frame to use, then initiative. 7 to bad guy, 5 to Jo. He has 1 frame then you'd have four.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Wed Feb 09 2011, 01:41

Although his giant size was impressive, Joanna didn't feel all that threatened by it. Being able to shrink to tiny stature gave her familiarity in dealing with people many times larger than her. Joanna continued her assault hoping that her opponent's rapidly advancing age would eventually cause his body to wear out and possibly become more fragile the longer that she could maintain this fight.

OOC: Final frame use martial arts to attack. Next round, prepare to dodge again. Use another frame for more martial arts, save the last two to dodge if he's still upright.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:40

OOC Attack roll 13 total, miss...

Kitten slipped on the slick cobbles as the rain lashed down. The bad weather along with the darkness helped Jo as the patrons from the pub couldn't fire accurately at her whilst making sure of missing the giant. Besides that, most were astounded at seeing a giant held off by a mere slip of a woman!

The big man slammed a fist down... WHACK!

OOC Roll total 21, hit. Kitten dodges, gets a 6 total (glancing blow or 2 frames for total dodge) and uses an extra frame to completely dodge it

Kitten dodged aside as the man flattened a car. He was clearly getting frustrated now, and the strain on the form he was using was written all over his aged, haggard face. He was breathing hard when Kitten delivered a Karate kick to his knee, and staggered back. Though she found it difficult to affect his superhuman hide, the power the man was exerting was doing as much to help Kitten as it was him!

He hopped back, clutching his leg, then cursed. "Damn you woman! This isn't over! You and will meet again! In this life... or the next!"

"Run!" screamed the voice in Kittens head. She didn't need telling twice! The arrogance of the inner voice was gone, replaced by urgency!

Speeding out of the town down the main street Kitten risked a glance behind... the giant exploded! A ring of fire shot outwards, mocking laughter echoing with the roar as it parched cars, houses, occupants and the small village itself in the Shadow Demons wrath! Kitten turned to see the place ablaze...

The rain sizzled as the centre of the village was torched, the screams of turncoats and nazis mingled with that of the maniacal laughter of the Shadow Demon.

'These mortal forms require care, and tending. In time they toughen, and adapt more easily to the strains power puts on them. That is where we differ from the usurpers. Though it make us weaker, initially, in time our true power and strength can be called on, and then let them beware our wrath!'
said inner voice. Kitten shivered in the rain, watching the village burn. Rather than see itself defeated, her enemy had destroyed its host form in a fit of fiery rage, hoping to take hers with it. She felt a weight lifted from her shoulders - Wade Donohms, and the threat he represented, had been foiled, for now.

She glanced in a puddle, and saw a dark red skinned woman look back. Horns on her head, and cat like eyes along with a forked tongue licking between lips with fangs bared in a grin had her shocked! just what was this thing inside her?

'We are one.' said the inner voice. 'But not think for a moment I like the arrangement!' then the voice went silent!

=========

Up at the mountain retreat an Officer gazed through the darkness using binoculars...

He cursed. "What now?" he uttered. The dark powers Der Fuhrer was aligned with confused and frightened him! All seemed to have their own agenda, from the aliens that came from outer space, to the men from the future with their genetically modified 'ubermensch' and the worst of all - Dark demonic individuals that made even the boldest soul shiver in fright!

"Get down there!" he ordered a sub officer. "Take a squad! Find out what's happened! Recall our men... if they yet live!"

OOC Kitten has beaten the Shadow Demon... this time. He will learn from his mistakes though! Does she want to save anyone from the village (if at all possible) or head up to the mountain base? Perhaps even back to the car and head to civilisation, where she can report back to Bletchley Park...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Thu Feb 10 2011, 02:00

Joanna watched helplessly from afar as the village was consumed by fire. Even though the residents had threatened to kill her, she didn't want to see anyone suffer and die in such a manner. She hoped that this place was only a front to support the Nazi operation up on the mountainside. If there were innocent civilians or children held hostage down there, she would make it her cause to see Donohms destroyed for good the next time that they met.

Realizing that the smoke and flames would probably draw the attention of the Nazis on the mountain, Joanna fled the scene, hoping that the next town down the road would be filled with actual citizens that could offer her a warm place to rest out of the incessant cold rain, a cup of tea that didn't seem like witches' brew, and a phone by which to contact Bletchley Park to alert them of the Nazi base being built in the heart of the country.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 11 2011, 22:15

The war had come to the shores of the United Kingdom. With the small village of Glenn Cairn burning fiercely behind her, Kitten walked towards the next village, the signposts saying a distance of 2 miles still to travel. A glance behind revealed the flames would burn on, and that despite the snow now beginning to fall (OOC 1939 had a fierce winter apparently. Guess I should reflect that...)

=========

Pine Hills seemed another tiny village, consisting of a pub, several farmhouses dotted nearby and a post office...

After being fussed over when she walked into the pub, Jo was convinced this village had not 'defected' to the Nazi cause and as a result wouldn't suffer the fate of Glenn Cairn. After a warm drink (tea, they assured) and a short conversation, the Barman shrugged and pulled keys from the bar to open up the post office and use the only telephone for miles around.

After giving the secure codes to dance through the various security measures Bletchley Park used, Jo was patched through to General Forbes.

"Wha...? Ms Van Den Berg? Do you know what...?"

Joanna explained what had happened.

"Great Scott!" suddenly Forbes seemed awake! "I'll mobilise the Peelers immediately, and we'll arrange for squads of commandos too. We have a new metahuman team in training, but their not ready yet. One is in the field... Silver Sentinel? I don't know who cooks these codenames up but he's in your area. Surprised he and the others haven't made contact. Right. You stay put and get some rest. It will take a while to get things together but it sounds like the Nazis aren't going... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Jo glanced at the phone... dead! She looked outside... The lights had gone off in the pub and the solitary streetlight had gone out! What on...?

The Nazis!

=========

"Fan out..." ordered the officer in a hiss. "We need her alive!"

"How do we know it's a 'her', sir? All we know is that the man Donohms is dead and HQ reports that half a dozen psychics went with him! Good riddance I say! The man was..."

"Very powerful! And the woman who beat him needs disposing of, or we are all doomed!"

The Nazi soldier, clad in body armour painted matt black, nodded. He touched a finger to controls on his glove and rocketed into the air courtesy of the jet pack he wore! His target? The tiny village below, now they'd cut the power and telephone lines!

OOC There are three buildings in the main street of this village. Kitten has alerted the DICE HQ and it's snowing/pitch black outside. She knows the Nazis are here, just doesn't know how many and what form they'll take! Any particular tactics - stay indoors and make them come to her, take to the rooftops, stick to the shadows, stand in the open...? As far as she can tell the occupants of this village, including the half dozen old folk in the pub, have no idea what's going on...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TDM7 Sat Feb 12 2011, 15:25

Agent Joanna Van der Berg
Code Name: Kitten

Joanna returned the phone to its original location since it would no longer be useful if the Nazis had clipped both the phone and power lines leading to the village. At least I managed to let DICE know that they were here, she thought.

This village probably wasn't the target of a Nazi assault, even if it was the nearest location that could serve as a replacement for supporting their secret mountainside base now that their former town of Glenn Cairn was burning to the ground. Joanna suspected that they were after her specifically. The patrols had dogs, so when they came down the mountain to see what happened to the town, they may have picked up her scent and followed her all the way to this next village.

I don't want these people to get caught in the crossfire or risk their lives to protect me, Joanna thought. This is what they had trained her for. She was going to take the fight to them or draw them away from the civilians.

First, let's make it harder for them to find me. Joanna triggered her ability to reduce herself to tiny size. It wouldn't do much good if they still had the dogs but it would make it more difficult for the other soldiers to notice her. The shrunken secret agent left the warmth of the pub behind to recon the area outside to try to determine the number of soldiers that they had sent to retrieve her.

TDM7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 13 2011, 16:29

Agent Joanna Van der Berg
Code Name: Kitten

The Nazi soldier crouched in the snow. They'd had their orders. The Commandant and the strange woman who kept hidden for the most part had told them where to look. They said they could track half a dozen or so individuals, but Jurgen didn't understand it. The Fuhrer knew what was right, but this was... unnatural. That said, he'd put his name down on the list for 'special operations' and this was simply the first part. Establish a secret mountain base in the highlands of Scotland, easily defended thanks to rough terrain, plus of course those strange aliens... Aliens, supermen, psychics, magic even! It had been rather too much to take in, but Jurgen had done his best to understand. This though? A woman?

He laughed. Then choked, as Kitten burst from the inside of his body armour, knocking him out completely, before he'd even landed on the snow!

Kitten crouched in the snow, feeling the pulse of the Nazi soldier. It had been easy to creep up on him, then move into the gap between armour plates. She felt the armour and frowned. Some kind of futuristic material?

Flexible, tough... even to her superhuman strength, it was resistant to a certain degree. Enough to stop a bullet? Maybe not, but it might resist one enough to save the soldiers life. If the Nazi soldiers were equipped with this, against the Allied soldiers on the battlefield...?

It would be a one sided slaughter! She noticed also the jet pack, the lightweight weapon, a cross between a rifle and a handgun. Where was this stuff coming from?

'Your enemy brought knowledge and designs from the future. Some will not be feasible in this timeframe thanks to technology constraints. Others, like these, require only set up, time, and knowledge. The enemy are ready. When the attack comes, only you and your friends will be able to stop them!'
said the inner voice!

"Jurgen?" hissed a voice in the darkness. Kitten looked up. Two rocket troopers heading for their downed friend!

OOC A little autopiloting to shuffle things along - don't want you to get too bogged down by these guys... You are well out of their league. that said you have two rocket troops heading right for the downed trooper. You're 6" tall again and stood in shadows.

=========

His eyes were as good as an owls in the darkness...

And he chuckled at the choice of his thoughts, flexing talons on his hands and looking down at the scene of the village from a rocky outcropping. Nachtschwärmer had had little to do thus far on this mission. They'd been warned about the British super agents, but it seemed as if this mission would be a simple nursemaiding exercise. Now? He wasn't so sure. They'd received word about the woman, and Night Owl had volunteered to go with the rocket troopers to hunt her down. Having slipped into the gaudy leather and feather coated costume, pulling on the mask and inspecting himself, he'd laughed. Now, in the darkness, with the snow coming down, and silence across the valley, he thought different. These powers made him more than a man, and certainly more than this woman! He would draw out his prey... then strike, silently, from above?

Except... the rocket trooper had gone down. How? He narrowed his eyes, watching the scene...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next