The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

3 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 15:25

Steeplejack and Haunt coordinate to attack all four Chrysallids!

OO No problem with with team and multi attack, we see this all the time in comics and the supers movies.

Team Multi attack on four crit blow Steeplejack AV13 + 3D M arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,4,4,5,8,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
11,7,+0 Total:26 (39) vs
OV9 + 1D acro + multi 4 + diff 3 + crit blow 4 - team attack 2 + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,2,6,+0 Total:18 (36)
+2 (to 13) vs RV13 + Diff 3 + Multi 4 - Crit Blow 6 (RV14)=0 Damage.

Steeplejack strikes but is ineffective!

Haunt swings with those mighty hammers of his!

OOC Team Multi attack on four crit blow Haunt AV10 + 6D Weaponry + Roll(8d12)+0: 6,7,10,3,11,10,3,8,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,9,+0 Total:33 (43) vs
OV9 + 1D acro + multi 4 + diff 3 + crit blow 4 - team attack 2 + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,9,6,+0 Total:15 (33)
+4 (to 19) vs RV13 + diff 3 + Multi 4 - Crit Blow 6 (RV14)=5 RAPs. Each Chrysallid is on 4/9 Body

Two attack Steeplejack, two on Haunt

OOC CRIT BLOW AV9 + diff 3 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,9,4,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:27 (39) vs
OV13 + 2D Acro + cb4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,8,4,1,+0 Total:19 (36)
+2 (to 13) + Diff 3 (16) vs RV20 - 6 CB (force shield on one opponent) (RV14)= 2 Damage Steeplejack is POISONED on Body 7/9. Absorb?

Steeplejack repels an attack on one side by summoning a circle of rock rising from the floor to block the blow! The other Chrysallid attacks from the side!

OOC CRIT BLOW AV9 + diff 3 + 2D M Arts +Roll(4d12)+0: 12,9,7,3,+0 Total:21 (33) vs
OV13 + 2D Acro + CB4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,8,8,3,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:31 (48) attack Missed

Haunt fends off two of the creatures!

OOC CRIT BLOW AV9 + diff 3 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,1,2,7,+0 Total:12 (24) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 (26) attack Missed

CRIT BLOW AV9 + diff 3 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,8,8,2,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total:32 (44) vs
OV10 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (21)
+7 (to 18) + Diff 3 (EV21) vs RV14 - 6 CB (RV8)=13 RAPs damage and Haunt is POISONED on 1/14 Body. Absorb any? The poison attacks the body round after round until it fails to score damage.

One of the creatures really tags Haunt and he sees a gooey liquid about the wound. Instantly he feels it rush through his body and knows he may have only minutes left unless his incredible healing factor can quell it!

OOC initiative...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Haunt-Steep-next-round

This is going down to the wire! Haunt is critically wounded, Steeplejack can hit but not score any damage (unless he targets less of the beasties) and the creatures are all in reasonable shape! Poison is coursing through the heroes systems... Steep can absorb 2 damage for 3HP (Advised) which will null the poison too. Haunt doesn't have enough Hp to absorb all 13 damage so may want to save it for soaking up damage this round but a few points absorbed may help avoid him being stunned...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 17:49

ooc:  Nice thing about team attack is that is help negate some of the minuses of crit or devastating blow and any multi-target attacks.  Some not all.
Negate 5 points of damage.

"Hit 'em together again," Haunt advises his partner.  Team attack/multi-attack however many are left standing after Steeplejack goes.

ooc2:
Maybe he wants to devas attack one or two of them instead of all 4? Whatever he decides, at least team attack.
And getting tired of getting poisoned, probably going to have to save up t buy some Systemic Antidote to help against it in the future.  Then probably sealed systems to help against radiation.  Then .....    pig pig pig
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 24 2020, 18:12

DavidMcMahon wrote:Maybe he wants to devas attack one or two of them instead of all 4? Whatever he decides, at least team attack.
And getting tired of getting poisoned, probably going to have to save up t buy some Systemic Antidote to help against it in the future.  Then probably sealed systems to help against radiation.  Then .....    pig pig pig

Steeplejack nodded aiming at just the one Crysalide this time to maximise his damage.

OOC: as Dave suggested and also absorb the poison damage, please.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 18:52

Steeplejack concentrated on just one opponent this time in the hope of taking it down!

OOC DEV ATT AV13 + 3D m arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,10,5,11,1,+0 Total:21 (44) vs
OV9 + Diff 3 - Team attack 2 + 1D Acro (2D M arts) + dev att 8 + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,6,7,+0 Total:13 (31)
+5 (to 16) vs RV13 + diff 3 - dev att 12 so RV4=12 RAPs. Chrysallid #1 is DOWN and OUT!

With a satisfying crunch Steeplejack sends one of the horrid crustacean like creatures to the floor!

Haunt clobbers the rest!

OOC Don't know why you don't self manipulate into some kind of device with arms and legs that also filters good blood from bad and sprays the poison out via a tap. Systemic Antidote is a physical power which you can mimic with Self manip...

AV10 + 6D Weaponry + Roll(8d12)+0: 12,12,4,3,12,8,6,1,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
7,4,+0 Total:35 (45) vs
OV9 + multi 4 - team attack 2 + diff 3 + 1D Acro (2D m arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,2,8,+0 Total:14 (28)
+6 (21) vs RV13 + multi 4 + diff 3 - Crit Blow 6 (RV14)=7RAPs. ALL CHRYSALLIDS ARE DOWN AND OUT!

Haunt alters his body to become a strange lab setup with beakers, flasks, arms and bunsen burns amongst other things complete with a white coated masked scientist pouring liquid from one vial into another!

OOC Poison Touch 11 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,3,+0 Total:13 (27) vs
Rv14 (Body) + Systemic Antidote 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (35) the poison fails and is no longer effective in Haunts system

Instantly Haunt transforms back into his human self and dusts himself down. Steeplejack is glad his friend is ok but more concerned about those foot high trembling eggs all around them... his danger sense isn't needed to tell him they spell trouble!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 19:08

OOC Don't know why you don't self manipulate into some kind of device with arms and legs that also filters good blood from bad and sprays the poison out via a tap. Systemic Antidote is a physical power which you can mimic with Self manip...

AV10 + 6D Weaponry + Roll(8d12)+0: 12,12,4,3,12,8,6,1,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
7,4,+0 Total:35 (45) vs
OV9 + multi 4 - team attack 2 + diff 3 + 1D Acro (2D m arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,2,8,+0 Total:14 (28)
+6 (21) vs RV13 + multi 4 + diff 3 - Crit Blow 6 (RV14)=7RAPs. ALL CHRYSALLIDS ARE DOWN AND OUT!

Haunt alters his body to become a strange lab setup with beakers, flasks, arms and bunsen burns amongst other things complete with a white coated masked scientist pouring liquid from one vial into another!

OOC Poison Touch 11 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,3,+0 Total:13 (27) vs
Rv14 (Body) + Systemic Antidote 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (35) the poison fails and is no longer effective in Haunts system

Instantly Haunt transforms back into his human self and dusts himself down. Steeplejack is glad his friend is ok but more concerned about those foot high trembling eggs all around them... his danger sense isn't needed to tell him they spell trouble!

Well, Damn!  I had no idea that the Haunt could do that!    flower flower 
Maybe I better re-read my powers again.   lol! lol! 

Hey wait!  Isn't Growth a Physical Power too?  Doesn't that mean he can use Self-Manipulation to become a giant?  Anyway, after this, become a steam roller and flatten the eggs if I can.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 24 2020, 20:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:Hey wait!  Isn't Growth a Physical Power too?  Doesn't that mean he can use Self-Manipulation to become a giant?  Anyway, after this, become a steam roller and flatten the eggs if I can.

OOC: Steeplejack will similarly smash the eggs beneath tons of earth, not covering them but smashing them within the protective soil like a fist.

Turning to his friend, an eyebrow raised, "Wow for a minute there I thought we'd bitten off more than we could chew."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 23:31

Turning to his friend, an eyebrow raised, "Wow for a minute there I thought we'd bitten off more than we could chew."

Sj

"Let's see if the bug creatures have time stones on them," the Haunt said, agreeing with his friend. "If they do, I have to wonder how they laid eggs here. Or maybe because they laid eggs here, the creatures inside them would have been immune to the time factor?"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 10:34

OOC Growth in a low chamber? Bad idea! I've had a similar problem in cramped trains all my life being 6'4 and a bit!

The pair of Heroes knew that for dozens of these things to spring out and get the chance to grow to maturity would be a disaster.

Digging through the sludge of the creatures bodies Haunt found a tiny fragment implanted in each creatures skull under the softer skin at the back. Literally a pin head speck. Clearly these creatures were down the pecking order. With such a tiny amount of time stone it didn't take long - seconds - for them to fade from view at a very short range. The eggs remained. The 'time stamp' on them clearly fooled the time stream because they were in effect born in this time.

Were. Soon the heroes had smashed them up through various means and it meant this nest would not trouble mankind ever again. It was foul, dirty, unheroic work, but needs must and to save the human race, would there be no depth to which the valiant heroes would stoop?

OOC head to the warehouse where the AK47s are being assembled and packed or take time to heal up first? Mind you Haunt heals so quickly it could probably happen along the way...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 12:01

Take it slow and heal along the way. A nice bath in the river, upstream of the sewage coming out of it, would be a good idea for both heroes. Kind of hard to sneak when they can smell ya comin'!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 14:55

Stinking, the pair made their way from the sewer and knew that whatever else they'd accomplished, tonight they'd done a good thing. Saving an innocent boy and stopping what could be a disastrous spread of creatures throughout mainland Europe had to count for something.

Now perhaps the greatest test, stopping the arms factory.

It wasn't hard to see where it was - smoke spiralled into the night sky where Steeplejack had set the place alight. There wasn't the clamour though, no noise and activity that suggested it was a major emergency, no people rushing from houses to help.

Closer (after stopping off to bathe in the Seine) the pair saw that the fire was not only under control and had been mostly put out, but that the street around it was deserted. Someone may have responded and run into trouble with the aliens inside. More victims they needed to pay for.

One thing was for sure. They'd be on high alert!

OOC the place is a walled off three storey warehouse/factory that will present no problem to either hero getting in with your abilities. The bigger problem is guards with dogs patrolling the grounds. The rooftop where Steeplejack went in is an option of course.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 15:46

ooc:  Since ya pointed out how versatile Self-Manipulation is, the Haunt will shrink down to mouse-size, 8 APs, and take 2 APs of Clinging and climb up Steeplejack's superstrong Body, holding onto his shoulder and let him get us inside the building since he knows how to get in there better than the Haunt does.  The Haunt still weighs his 2 APs of normal weight but Steep's strength wouldn't even notice that.

OR

The heck with subtle and charge in!  The Haunt could try using his Aura of Fear on the guards and the dogs, even with the -3 he is currently under, at least the dogs should run away.

I'll go with whatever plan Steeplejack wants to do.

Also a fun bit of news, I almost burned down our office this morning when I arrived.   I had grabbed breakfast at Wendy's and popped the bag into the microwave to reheat it a bit, 22 seconds.  What I didn't realize since I've hardly ever go to Wendy's is that their food is wrapped in FOIL not PAPER like everyone else!  Paper Bag caught fire and the microwave started to melt.  Managed to get the fire out before the smoke detector went off.  Then had to go to Wal-Mart to buy a new microwave for the office.  Literally just returned about 15 minutes ago to cool down and see if there were any updates, which this was.

bounce bounce geek geek geek geek geek

Hope your Fridays are going better than mine!    alien alien pale pale
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 26 2020, 11:35

OOC Self Manipulation wouldn't allow shrinking or growth as far as I know because you are still the same mass/volume. I suppose... maybe Growth. By inflating yourself like a balloon you could grow that way. I'm not an expert on the power but anything plastic man can do then I guess you can do. Did he ever shrink? It's such a vague/hand wavey power (like Force Manipulation) there's no clear concrete guidelines on what you can and can't do. If you can think of a way to describe how he shrinks (there's no visible or obvious way in which he can do it, while for things like a motorbike he'd grow wheels to get the running power, wings for a plane, guns for hands for projectile weapons, spring legs for jumping etc...) then I'll consider it but I would have thought shrinking was a no no. The Systemic Antidote I allowed because he can change himself into a lab (hey some of that Plastic man stuff was really wacky), Sealed Systems would be an oxygen tank and mask etc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 26 2020, 15:02

ooc:  He would basically just compact himself just like using a trash compactor to compact trash.   tongue

Still retains his weight, which I mentioned.  SO he would be a very dense, heavy 180+ lbs mouse.  cyclops

However, I do remember that back in the 60s a story in the Fantastic Four where Reed and Ben were arguing and Ben grabbed Reed and stuffed him into a glass beaker and held his hand over it so Reed couldn't get out.

Off the top of my head, Plastic Man has formed himself into a medium size dog, a fire plug/hydrant.  In one issue of Justice League, I think International not America, he forms himself into a red slinky dress for Big Barda to wear - which indicates some control over his density or weight, which the Haunt doesn't have. So shrinking would be a part of his powers, within reason. Can't see him shrinking down to molecule-size for example.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Pmd111
THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Pmd211

This is Plastic Man's son from Injustice 2 which I never bothered to read.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Plasti26
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28 2020, 09:54

OOC Thinking about it you could form most of your body as the floor/wall and shrink (sort of) a tendril that has a tiny person at the end of it with the rest of your body stashed away somewhere. I'm not sure it would grant the same bonuses as shrinking. I wonder if Haunt could turn into a new microwave for you Shocked Sounds like the sort of thing I would do, though I'd do a proper job and burn the house/neighbourhood down Laughing

You could also be Steeplejacks suit considering that his is a tattered soiled tuxedo. We'll go with that for now.

Steeplejack felt a little odd but was now garbed in a jet black costume that shimmered and change to match the background, granting near on invisibility...

OOC invisibility but ONLY when there is a background to match using Self Manipulation and Chameleon.

With a hop onto the rooftop Steeplejack glanced down at his hand. It shimmered and changed to match the rooftop colour. Amazing! The pair of heroes moved as one to where the roof was scorched thanks to the fire Steeplejack set. peering into the hole the room below was burned out. Dropping into the ash and listening it seemed the place was still active.

Creeping out into the corridor Steeplejack crouched behind a balcony and looked into the warehouse where once again the drone like workers were packing AK47s into crates. Robots still manufactured the weapons.

Once again they saw the thing that appeared to be controlling the drones...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Brain-in-jar

Also, three snake women patrolling...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Viper

One of the Thin Men watching out...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Thin-man-2

There may be others out of sight. They were on high alert and may have called for reinforcements!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 28 2020, 11:39

Admin wrote:There may be others out of sight. They were on high alert and may have called for reinforcements!

Whispering so that they would not be overheard, as both knew the advantage of surprise would be something worth holding onto, Steeplejack said, "I think the walking brain is what is controlling the folks, if we take it out, perhaps it will free the people. It might not and they be too far gone, but I think you should take it and I'll go for the stick man, their nasty guns are something to avoid. But it's the snake sisters that bother me. What do you think?"

Steeplejack waited for his friend to assess the situation, he was happy to go with whatever he suggested as he had far more combat experience with these things than he did.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 28 2020, 12:28

"Let's hit 'em together," Haunt suggests instead, "Thin Man for you and I will double attack Thin Man and Brain at same time. Leave snake guys for last."

ooc: We got surprise, might as well take advantage of the Team Attack bonus. It will help negate some of the minuses we will take. Will do Crit Blow on the two.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 28 2020, 12:46

DavidMcMahon wrote:"Let's hit 'em together," Haunt suggests instead, "Thin Man for you and I will double attack Thin Man and Brain at same time.  Leave snake guys for last."

ooc:  We got surprise, might as well take advantage of the Team Attack bonus.  It will help negate some of the minuses we will take.  Will do Crit Blow on the two.

OOC: It's on, then as Haunt said

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 30 2020, 14:52

With a silent countdown '3... 2...1... GO!' mouthed between the pair they leapt down into the warehouse, punching, kicking and swinging!

OOC Crit Blow, Team Attack on the Thin Man, Surprise. Haunt also Multi attacks the Thin Man and the Brain on legs.

Steeplejack AV13 + 5D M Arts + Roll(7d12)+0:8,12,10,6,3,1,11,+0 Total:23 (36) vs
OV12 - Surprise 4 + Diff 3 + Crit Blow 4 - Team Attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:13 (26)
+5 (to 16) vs RV6 + Diff 3 - Crit Blow 6 so RV3=13 RAPs. The Thin Man is DOWN and OUT!

Haunt wallops the Thin Man and the Brain on Legs at the same time!
AV10 + 6D Weaponry + Roll(8d12)+0: 1,2,12,12,6,3,1,8,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:35 (45) vs
OV12 - Surprise 4 + Diff 3 + Crit Blow 4 - Team Attack 2 + Multi 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:12 (27)
+6 (to 21) vs RV8 + Multi 2 + Diff 3 - Crit Blow 6 so RV7=14 RAPs. The Brain on Legs is DOWN and OUT!

From a side room two Mutons appear, weapons bristling!

Steeplejack and Haunt see the people with wire mesh on their heads suddenly - as one - slump to the floor! Some stir, most looked dazed and weak.

OOC Initiative...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Haunt-and-steep-battle-rnd-1

Be careful guys! That Difficulty 3 will make those Mutons tough to take down! The Snake Women are agile, too so bear that in mind if you want to multi attack them... Steeplejack, a Snake Woman, then Haunt...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:52

ooc:  If Steeplejack wants to delay until my turn, team attack them, Haunt going for Snake Woman 1 & 2 with crit attack with giant warmallet hands. 
If he doesn't, then depending on who he hits, if it doesn't go down after that attack, then the Haunt will attack it too with crit attack and only that one.  If it does go down from Steep's attack then use stretching to attack the one furthest away from us with giant warmallet hands.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Unname85

and here is a weird thought after looking at that picture but could the Haunt form himself into a war mallet that Steeplejack could use that would then let Steep use his Dex to hit and the Haunt's Omni-arm/Weaponry to do damage?  That gives us the best chance to hit and best damage if we could combine that way.  Or is the Haunt's Weaponry skill being used instead of his Dex for AV?  If so, then it wouldn't be a good idea, as it would be a less chance to hit.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 01 2020, 12:43

Admin wrote:Be careful guys! That Difficulty 3 will make those Mutons tough to take down! The Snake Women are agile, too so bear that in mind if you want to multi attack them... Steeplejack, a Snake Woman, then Haunt...[/i][/color]

OOC: Sorry day out with family yesterday and Dentist this morning mate I'm late up - back on it now. So I will do as Dave Suggested delay attack and do team attack. Its probably better for me to attack the snake women than the Mutons as the Difficulty factor might make it hard for me to do much damage to them.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 02 2020, 19:20

A Snake woman levelled her weapon and blasted at (OOC Random 1-5 Haunt 6-10 Steeplejack Roll(1d10)+0: 6,+0 Total:6) Steeplejack!

OOC Sorry to delay chaps but can I get a dice split for attack/defence? The Snake Woman will get a shot off at Steep and mostly likely hit unless you throw a die or two at defence. Also apologies for being slow this week. It hasn't gone to plan but sometimes that happens ... Rolling Eyes

Steeplejack can field 5D for M Arts (attack)/4D for Acrobatics (defence). Any you use for defence will reduce the number you can use for attack...

Haunt can use 6D weaponry (attack) and 3D Acrobatics (defence).

EDIT: Haunt can create a weapon for Steeplejack to use but it's pointless - he would use Self manipulation instead of Omni Arm and Steeplejack does more damage with a fist - but it would do +1 damage basically. However, pointless as Steep doesn't have weaponry skill. He's far, far better with fists and kicks than with any weapon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Oct 02 2020, 20:20

weap for attack, acro for defense then.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Oct 02 2020, 20:57

Admin wrote:A Snake woman levelled her weapon and blasted at (OOC Random 1-5 Haunt 6-10 Steeplejack Roll(1d10)+0: 6,+0 Total:6) Steeplejack!

OOC Sorry to delay chaps but can I get a dice split for attack/defence? The Snake Woman will get a shot off at Steep and mostly likely hit unless you throw a die or two at defence. Also apologies for being slow this week. It hasn't gone to plan but sometimes that happens ... Rolling Eyes

Steeplejack can field 5D for M Arts (attack)/4D for Acrobatics (defence). Any you use for defence will reduce the number you can use for attack...

EDIT: Haunt can create a weapon for Steeplejack to use but it's pointless - he would use Self manipulation instead of Omni Arm and Steeplejack does more damage with a fist - but it would do +1 damage basically. However, pointless as Steep doesn't have weaponry skill. He's far, far better with fists and kicks than with any weapon.

OOC:
Opps sorry, 3/2 split attack and def for me, as per normal. And no worries about delays, I've been off this week but its been a strange week so nothing normal here. I'm going to be away most of tomorrow, and back on Sunday so this might be my last post till then. All things being equal.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 04 2020, 10:18

OOC 2D Defence for Steeplejack...

Snake Woman blasts at Steeplejack AV9 + 3D Weaponry + Diff 3+ Roll(5d12)+0: 4,12,5,10,1,+0 Total:22 (34) vs
Steep OV13 + 2D Acro + Range 1 + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,3,7,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:19 (33)
+1 (to 12) + diff 3 (15) vs RV20 (force shield)=No damage

Agile, Steeplejack almost avoids the laser fire which lances across the room with astonishing reflexes and pulls up a perfect circle of ultra hard earth as a shield to parry the blast!

Together the heroes strike back at the Advent aliens!

OOC Steeplejack CRIT BLOW TEAM ATTACK AV13 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,11,10,5,1,+0 Total:21 (44) vs
OV9 + 1D Acro (2D weapon) + diff 3 - team attack 2 + crit blow 4+ Roll(3d12)+0: 4,10,1,+0 Total:14 (28)
+6 (to 17) vs RV8 + Diff 3 - Crit Blow 6 (RV5)=12 RAPs. Snake Woman #3 is DOWN and OUT!

Haunt glances at his team mate who leaps in and delivers a flying kick to his foe! He grins, forms huge hammer hands and bludgeons his own foes!

OOC Multi Attack Team Attack Crit Blow Haunt AV10 + 3D Weaponry + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,4,6,10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:35 (45) vs
OV9 + 1D Acro (2D weapon) + diff 3 + crit blow 4 - team attack 2 + multi 2+ Roll(3d12)+0: 4,11,5,+0 Total:16 (32)
+4 (19) vs RV8 + diff 3 + multi 2 - crit blow 6 (RV7)=12 RAPs Both Snake Women (#1 and #2) are DOWN and OUT!

The Mutons see their compatriots taken out in short order and level their weapons, taking a shot at each hero!

OOC Muton shoots at Steeplejack... AV8 + 5D Weaponry + diff 3 + Roll(7d12)+0: 9,3,10,2,3,5,11,+0 Total:21 (ignoring low double) (32) vs
OV13 + 2D acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,12,3,3,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:37 (40) Attack Missed

Despite the accuracy ofo the shot Steeplejack uses his sublime reflexes to dive to the side, the lancing laser shot burning a hole through the wall behind!

The other Muton blasts at Haunt!

OOC Av8 + 5D Weaponry + diff 3 + Roll(7d12)+0: 5,4,5,1,7,2,3,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:15 (26) vs
OV10 + 3D acro + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,2,9,6,7,+0 Total:17 (27) attack missed

Haunt dives aside just avoiding the blast!

OOC Initiative...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Haunt-steep-next-round

Attack one each? Bothering to put anything into defence? Crit Blow? Devastating Attack?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Oct 04 2020, 12:41

OOC Initiative...

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #11 with Special Guest Star Steeplejack! - Page 10 Haunt-steep-next-round

Attack one each? Bothering to put anything into defence? Crit Blow? Devastating Attack?

================================

Team Attack worked so well last round, I would like to do it again. If Steeplejack is up for it, then Haunt will use exact same attack as last round on both of them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next