The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail...

4 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail... - Page 6 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail...

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 16 2010, 01:34

ooc: sorry guys but for some reason I am no longer receiving the email notification that something new had been posted and I got so busy with other things that I forgot to check and see manually.

"I think I can ooze down the shaft faster than the lift can move," Putty says, "That way you guys can handle whatever the glow is while I get down there and see what we can do to gather the mineral as fast as possible."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail... - Page 6 Empty Re: The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 16 2010, 07:06

Frostbite

DavidMcMahon wrote:
"I think I can ooze down the shaft faster than the lift can move," Putty says, "That way you guys can handle whatever the glow is while I get down there and see what we can do to gather the mineral as fast as possible."

OOC: I like this idea much better than my own actually. And since Lionheart will be down there he can race up if there is a problem.

IC:
Listening to Putty's suggestion, Frostbite thought for a moment then nodded. Part of having a team was that individual suggestions can and did make a huge difference to the overall whole. He nodded, a slight smile touching his lips. Although Putty was still new to the team, he was making a huge difference and was becoming an invaluable member.

"Go find your people and Lionheart and get what you can of the minerals, we'll keep guard here and if we aren't discovered hold out in this position. But if you hear anything else, then you'll know we've had to take counter measures and may well be under attack. Anything else, you can assume Adjutant has put in an appearance. But if he gets here, then none of us stand much of a chance, without our symbiotic shadow partners. Otherwise we'll be waiting."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Fri Jul 16 2010, 07:21

Stormwarden nodded as well and set his back to the mine shaft. It looked as if everything now depended on holding out here, against whatever came. He hoped he could talk to Adjutant, and get him on their side, but nothing's guaranteed.

Limerickcot
Street Level: Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 16 2010, 12:18

Putty nods and then starts oozes through the gaps between the lift and the walls and conintues to ooze his way down.

actions: wallcrawl down to wherever.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 16 2010, 14:47

The Vanguard

Putty flowed into the mine, grateful for the small pen light supplied by the P'utinarians that added to the random lights that still worked down the shaft. Slithering and flowing around the cable leading down... down... he was intent on finding out what it was that was so important that the Vanguardians were risking their lives for, when they had to get back to earth and free the White Warlock from the detention camp!

The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail... - Page 6 2d78wm8

Watching him go, Frostbite and Stormwarden turned to face the entrance to the huge room. Dimensions wise it was around the size of a football pitch, with other doors leading off on the same level the team had come in on. Discarded machines, crates, rubbish and more than one skeleton in tattered uniform lay preserved, more proof if any were needed of the callous way the Nazis discarded those who were loyal to them.

Just then, there was a scream from outside the room - the woman???

=========

Heading down the lift shaft...

Putty flowed down the shaft, his incredible agility and body morphing properties covering the ground even quicker than the lift would. He could see the cable still swaying and quickened his pace. Lionheart was very fast, but even he couldn't cover ground so quickly as Putty on a vertical plane!

Near the bottom of the shaft, the cables 'quietened' and the lift had settled on the floor. The light down here was dim indeed. Putty wasn't that far down from the cavern above either, seemed the Nazis hadn't had to go far to reach the Lunarium. Had the Vanguardian hairs on his neck they'd be standing up about now - there was definitely 'something' in the air. Several tunnels ran off from this lift shaft but it was clear which way Lionheart had gone, and Putty followed the tunnels. They were supported by metal beams and wooden supports, and dust periodically fell between gaps in the wood.

=========

Meanwhile, up the lift shaft...

OOC not sure whether to npc Stormwarden as yet, so I'll restrict it to this:

"The Nazi sounds like she's in trouble!" said the big man. He glanced at his friend, Frostbite. "From what you described, she was intangible. What could affect her?"

=========

In the tunnels below...

The tunnels were rough hewn from rock and dust. Putty tried not to think of how many Nazis and P'utinarians would have met their deaths down here - occasionally part submerged skeletons jutted from the dusty floor.

Up ahead, he could hear the clatter and crunch of rock... what was going on? There was barely enough light to see, but it could be Lionheart... or something else...

OOC apologies for the sketchy pacing from me this week. Finished my night shifts now, got today and the weekend off, but spent most of the day in bed trying to catch up on sleep as my eyes are rattling in their sockets. Nnngh. Night shifts. Anyway, I'll update as often as I can to get us back on track.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 16 2010, 15:50

Frostbite

OOC:
apologies for the sketchy pacing from me this week.[/quote]

I don't think we've got any complaints mate Wink.

As regards Stormwarden, I noticed Kendal had posted earlier, so I think we're all back up to speed.

IC:

"The Nazi sounds like she's in trouble!" said the big man. He glanced at his friend, Frostbite. "From what you described, she was intangible. What could affect her?"

"Indeed!" Frostbite managed, wondering himself what could effect her and what its effect might be no him. "I'll take another look..."

With that Frostbite shot off the place in the wall where he'd snuck a sneak look before and again 'sunk' through the wall careful, aware that he might stick his head out into a very nasty situation.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 18 2010, 00:11

The Vanguard

OOC Apologies for lateness of the post. After a naff week at work it's catchup time with the family etc, including doing the 6 year olds homework. The joys of parenting. Thought I'd left homework behind 20 odd years ago... Sad

Frostbite popped his head out through the wall of the mine shaft room and into the corridor. What he saw shocked him! The undead P'utinarian creature clearly had more powers than it was able to bring to bear on the Vanguardians (or perhaps it never got chance to use them...). With Stormwardens tornado still blocking the corridor and preventingt he Zombies from advancing any further, they'd turned their energies to the intangible Nazi energy woman. Perhaps overconfident, she'd ignored their attentions - and not seen the tendrils of the P'utinarian abomination sneak up from around and behind! The tentacles had wrapped around the girl somehow, coiling about arms and legs, and were at least partially transparent! Somehow the thing had adapted to effect the insubstantial! The nazi was in real trouble now though - another tentacle coiled around her throat, ghostlike in aspect.

Her screams were cut off and she looked wild eyed in terror, clutching at the tentacle but having nothing like the strength needed to prize it loose! She had the option of changing back into human form and hopefully 'dropping through' the creatures' tentacles, but in doing so she'd be exposed to the cold hard doom of the vacuum in this place - there was nowhere near enough air for a human to survive for longer than a few moments!

Her eyes scanned about, and alighted on Frostbite. They widened in realisation, but she couldn't speak or call out! Instead they took on a pleading look - she was about to die, and only her enemy could save her!

If he chose to...

OOC The tornado continues to hold off the zombies and the creature, which seems to have evolved an ability to affect this ladies energy form! She has only a round or so before it figures out a way to siphon off her energy and her life! The question is, will the Vanguard stand by and let it do that to an enemy, even one as evil and insidious as a nazi?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jul 18 2010, 00:27

PUTTY

Putty decided to crawl along the ceiling of the tunnel in the belief that anything that might be hostile would tend to look ahead and down instead of up.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 18 2010, 07:45

font=Arial Black]Frostbite[/font]

It wasn't a hard choice to make, Frostbite couldn't suffer to let anyone be harmed by this Pu'tinarian abomination.

Ducking back into the room Frostbite explained quickly what he'd witnessed to Stormwarden.

"I know she is an enemy, but no one deserves to die at the creature's behest, moreover it may yet become more powerful if we let it absorb her. I think we need to fight it, are we agreed?"

OOC: Await Kendal's response here...

Assuming Kendal has no objection to fighting the thing, that is what we'll do, moving out into the corridor, we'll use whatever we can to attack it, including energy attacks my field manipulation and whatever etc. If I get a chance to fly in and pull out the women, or indeed if its more expedient for Stormwarden to do it then I think we should take the opportunity as her being so close makes it harder to cut loose.

On a personal note:
Paul this is my last post likely till Tuesday as we travel up to London today for my Dad's funeral which takes place tomorrow. We then come back on Tuesday so I will get posts by then. Sorry to duck out at such a crucial stage, but will be ready to take back Frostbite when I'm back.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 18 2010, 16:18

The Vanguard - Putty and Lionheart

Putty flows like water on the roof of the tunnel, a mix of beams, boards and moon rock. Coming around a corner in the tunnel he almost exclaims in shock!

Around 50m down the tunnel itself the roof appears to have collapsed into a rock fall that blocks further progress. On the floor is a human shaped figure bound tightly by what looked like 2 of the P'utinarians had wrapped themselves around... Lionheart!

Another was moving rocks, its back to Putty as it worked. It seemed intent on getting through to the other side. What secrets had the P'utinarians been keeping from the Vanguard?

OOC They've not seen you yet. You get to within 10m before they might have a chance of spotting you. Actions?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jul 18 2010, 18:29

Another was moving rocks, its back to Putty as it worked. It seemed intent on getting through to the other side. What secrets had the P'utinarians been keeping from the Vanguard?

OOC They've not seen you yet. You get to within 10m before they might have a chance of spotting you. Actions?

Putty wasn't sure what was going on here. He couldn't tell if Lionheart was conscious or not. Maybe he had been hurt in the fall of rocks? He decided to hold back and watch and listen and see if he could figure out what was going on before acting.

actions: hide, look and listen.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 18 2010, 19:03

"Hurry." said one of the P'utinarians. "He is stirring. The human is stronger than he looks. How is it they can possess such diverse abilities?"

"It doesn't matter." said the other, binding him. "What matters is that we get the Lunarium. After that... they had it coming for what they have done to our people."

The other P'utinarian continued to move rocks. "They have been here decades!" he exclaimed. "However, I am sure I am getting down to the last few feet. It may be necessary to deal with the human in a more permanent way."

"He trusted us, that was the only way we surprised him." said one of the two wrapped many times around Lionheart. "If he wakes, his formidable mental powers will prove troublesome, as will his friends."

"They are too powerful to stop. And after this, they will not understand why we do what we do. Nor will the elders on the ship, until we have done it and they see that Mankind is not worthy of its place in existence!"

As Putty slithered closer to hear better, dust and rubble fell from where he'd passed!

The P'utinarian moving the rocks stopped and looked. "We cannot let them stop us! Kill the human, and the others who come down here!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Sun Jul 18 2010, 20:22

Steeple_jackuk wrote:font=Arial Black]Frostbite[/font]

It wasn't a hard choice to make, Frostbite couldn't suffer to let anyone be harmed by this Pu'tinarian abomination.

Ducking back into the room Frostbite explained quickly what he'd witnessed to Stormwarden.

"I know she is an enemy, but no one deserves to die at the creature's behest, moreover it may yet become more powerful if we let it absorb her. I think we need to fight it, are we agreed?"

Stormwarden didn't hesitate. "We are. I don't care that shes an enemy at this point. We need to get her out. If we can." he added. "I can fly down, but if she's intangible then I don't see how I can get her. If she speaks English then we have a chance. You distract the beast, tell her that shes got to grab hold of me as I come flying past and don't forget to tell her to hold her breath. I'm going to try and suck some of the air out of that tornado for her but it won't be easy!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc - travel safe mate. My own dad is being taken home next week for home care and then I will be in London myself from next sunday. Back on 1st August.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 19 2010, 03:29

PUTTY AND LIONHEART

"No more killing," Putty yelled out as he stretched out his arms to try to snatch Lionheart to safety.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 19 2010, 11:39

The Vanguard - Frostbite and Stormwarden

Frostbite stepped in to the shady corridor, wind ripping at dust that had lain dormant for decades and making it hard to see. Still intangible, he could see the creature holding the womans' energy form with ghostlike tentacles - did that mean it could adapt to attack him? Had the Nazis created the ultimate biological weapon, then found they couldn't control it, and ended up leaving it here, entombed?

Until the Vanguard unwittingly released it?

Frostbite, despite his resistance to freezing cold, shivered anyway. His friend, Stormwarden, ducked under the door and took in the situation. When the big man stepped into the corridor the Zombies took notice! One stepped up to the tornado spinning below a leaking pipe in the ceiling and... wham! Spun off, bouncing off walls and ceiling down the dark dusty corridor, only to pick itself up and start to amble back.

OOC Realise the posts aren't as detailed (with regards listing actions) so have tried to interpret them as best I can guys...

Frostbite, still intangible, moved closer. The strength of the wind meant nothing to him as he passed through it without harm. Calling out to the woman, he said "If you can understand me, you have only one chance before this thing kills you! When my friend flies past you MUST turn tangible, hold your breath as best you can!"

The woman, wide eyed in terror, turned at Frostbites words "Tangible...?" she squealed. "But..." she said with an accent "I'll die! The cold!"

Frostbite frowned. She had a point. "Computer!" shouted Frostbite over the howl of the wind "Will she survive if she turns tangible?" <<For a short time, yes.>> replied the computer inside Frostbites' head. <<If she holds her breath there will be some lung damage, but that is preferable to suffocation. She has, at most, around 30 seconds depending on her ability to hold her breath.>> Frostbite pursed his lips "Trust me! Turn tangible..." he turned to Stormwarden, who nodded. With the barest thought the tornado whipped up, moving down the corridor and tossing Zombies aside! It came near the creature which clung to the corridor walls and floor with its P'utinarian abilities. Even so its rippling bulging form moved like water when buffeted.

"NOW!" shouted Frostbite as he, too, turned tangible, and thrust both hands forwards, freezing the outer layer of flesh on the creature colder than any vacuum could! The creature howled, whilst Stormwarden soared forward, bouncing from the ceiling after misjudging the gravity deficit and heading towards the creature! He reached out...

The girl widened her eyes, then closed them... she dropped through the ghostlike tentacles on the floor! The creature, momentarily distracted, formed up new, tangible tentacles and shot them forward like arrows to the girl!

OOC 1d20+3+6=21 solid catch by the 'warden

Stormwarden snatched the girl up, calling the air in the tornado to whip around them in a protective field as he hovered in the corridor several metres away from the creature. The creature, annoyed its prize had been stolen, lashed out!

OOC 1d20+2+6=13 miss

Frostbite danced aside as a snakelike arm lashed out at his tangible form, before oozing back to the main body.

Meanwhile Stormwarden was surrounded by Zombies who closed in on the pair inside the tornado, and was blocked off from Frostbite by the creature in his path, now filling the corridor! The thing was unpredictable - it had been unprepared for the Vanguards' initial assault that saw it fall back, but it seemed to learn, adapt, to whatever it faced! With zombies on one side of the corridor, the creature on another, where for Stormwarden to go...?

The girl, wrapped in Stormwardens' arms, gasped, sucking in a breath of stale swirling air. "Th... thankyou..." she stammered, gulping in the old air, which felt like nectar to her! She sagged, limp in Stormwardens' grasp! Oh no! Not a great time to fall unconscious!

The Zombies and the creature moved in on the Master of storms...

Frostbite, behind, saw on the creatures' back. Where he had blasted it with cold, the skin had turned black and shiny, like a hard carapace. What now?

<<Hypothesis. Creature adapts to every attack. Recommendation? Run.>> said the computer. Frostbite rolled his eyes as he thought of a new plan to save his friend on the girl!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 19 2010, 11:42

PUTTY AND LIONHEART

"No more killing," Putty yelled out as he stretched out his arms to try to snatch Lionheart to safety.

The P'utinarians wrapped around Lionhearts' form gasped and looked about, seeing their 'cousin' stuck to the ceiling and reaching out with long stringy arms! The one moving the boulder snarled, shouting "The interloper! Stop him! He could ruin everything! Kill him!"

The pair of P'utinarians started unwrapping themselves from Lionheart to reform into solid bodies to attack Putty!

OOC you have a choice - retrieve Lionheart or battle the P'utinarians. He's out cold, though may soon come round now that he's no longer entangled by your P'utinarian relations. There are three of them, and you are but one...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 19 2010, 11:52

PUTTY AND LIONHEART

The pair of P'utinarians started unwrapping themselves from Lionheart to reform into solid bodies to attack Putty!

OOC you have a choice - retrieve Lionheart or battle the P'utinarians. He's out cold, though may soon come round now that he's no longer entangled by your P'utinarian relations. There are three of them, and you are but one...

Hoping to be faster than his "cousins" Putty moves for Lionheart, trying to pull him free and bringing the unconscious hero to him.

actions: Retrieve Lionheart, defend self - and hope I get initiative! jocolor
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 20 2010, 10:31

Putty knew by now that the P'utinarians -or at least these at any rate - had their own agenda!

He stretched an arm out to grab for Lionheart, even as the two wrapping the future lawman up disengaged to come at the Vanguardian!

OOC 1d10=6 Putty, 1d10=9 Bad guys. 2 frames to them. All three attack! They move (1 fr each) as they don't stretch as far as Putty can, then attack with large hammer like fists on the end of stringy arms! 1d20+1+6=20 Hit, 2d6+5=12 Htc, 1d20+1+6=27 Hit, 2d6+5=13 Htc, 1d20+1+6=13 Miss, 2d6+5=12. Two hits, 12 and 13 Htc to be reduced by dividers. Take the hits or response?

The P'utinarians danced about as their bodies reshaped to their will. One said "He is like us. The human could be subdued by wrapping and apply pressure to certain points... this one..."

Another frowned "It matters not! Envelop him!"

It looked like they were preparing a 'special attack' on Putty, the likes of which had been used on Lionheart!

OOC 4 frames...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 20 2010, 12:09

PUTTY

Ignoring the pain of the attack, Putty continues to stretch out and grabs Lionheart. He then retreats, then stops and prepares to fight them off, hoping Lionheart will wake up soon.

actions: Grab Lionheart, retreat two frames, defense one frame.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Tue Jul 20 2010, 14:17

Admin wrote:

Stormwarden snatched the girl up, calling the air in the tornado to whip around them in a protective field as he hovered in the corridor several metres away from the creature. The creature, annoyed its prize had been stolen, lashed out!

Meanwhile Stormwarden was surrounded by Zombies who closed in on the pair inside the tornado, and was blocked off from Frostbite by the creature in his path, now filling the corridor! The thing was unpredictable - it had been unprepared for the Vanguards' initial assault that saw it fall back, but it seemed to learn, adapt, to whatever it faced! With zombies on one side of the corridor, the creature on another, where for Stormwarden to go...?

The girl, wrapped in Stormwardens' arms, gasped, sucking in a breath of stale swirling air. "Th... thankyou..." she stammered, gulping in the old air, which felt like nectar to her! She sagged, limp in Stormwardens' grasp! Oh no! Not a great time to fall unconscious!

The Zombies and the creature moved in on the Master of storms...

"Typical Damsel in Distress." Stormwarden muttered, looking at the Zombies. But from the previous example, they could be affected by the wind. He concentrated again, to suck the wind in directly over him, and to then jog out of there with the whirlwind still surrounding him. "Hang on, luv." He said to the lady in his arms as he kept a tight grip on her to ensure she wouldn't be sucked into the maelstrom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc. Bring the whirlwind in as close as possible to Stormwarden (which should by the earlier description, send the zombies flying). Then move away from the 'slime' at as best a speed as possible.

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 20 2010, 18:45

Frostbite

Frostbite, behind, saw on the creatures' back. Where he had blasted it with cold, the skin had turned black and shiny, like a hard carapace. What now?

<<Hypothesis. Creature adapts to every attack. Recommendation? Run.>> said the computer. Frostbite rolled his eyes as he thought of a new plan to save his friend on the girl!

OOC: Ok I am back!

IC:

On one level Frostbite knew the computer meant well, had a vested interest in his safety or was just protective for self preservations sake, but he had to wonder if it had a yellow circuit in its matrix!

Seeing the dark carapace behind, suggested that the creature had become immune to cold and also had found a way to attack intangible objects, so that didn't leave much else. Then a sudden desperate thought occurred to Frostbite. With the creature bearing own on Stormwarden and the girl, and little in the way of resources then this called for desperate measures.

Frostbite radioed through to Stormwarden. "Buddy I'm about to give this guy the biggest head cold it has ever seen, I can't pretend it might not work and more importantly it might already adapt. But in any case be ready to get out of there."

Backing up Frostbite turned and flew as fast as he could manage within the tight confines at the creature, hoping to penetrate into its gelatinous body. What he had in mind called for split second timing and all his concentration.

OOC: Ok Paul I'll write in what in what I want to do and let you work out if I simply fail, or get one over this beast.

1. Ok I want to fly into the belly of the beast, hoping its carapace protects it from cold rather than a physical attack (alternatively I might just bounce off!) In which case I still do what I have planned but from behind.
2. I want to stop within its middle, hoping that the P'unitinarian suit affords me some measure of protection fro within.
3. If inside I want to use all my Field Manipulation points, to freeze dry this thing, from within. I want to give it more in one attack than it can handle, at least long enough to get Stormwarden out of the tight spot and get us all down to where Putty is.

Good to be back, hope I survive the ride ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 21 2010, 00:40

OOC Putty takes 8Htc total. He'll live. He is on 52/60 Htc.

Putty scooped his companion up and moved as swiftly as a being with the ability to flow under, around over or through an obstacle could. Then he turned, taking up a defensive stance! Lionheart was placed on the floor gently and almost immediately, he began to stir, the colour coming to his face. "Unnnnhhh..." he muttered "Nerve pinch!" he started to get up, then groaned "Got to tell the others! They..." he glanced at Putty, then the P'utinarians. "Putty? They jumped me whilst I was helping move that rockslide! Slugged me with a rock from behind then... it all went dark! Next thing I know my neck..." he rubbed his neck and moved to a crouching position, calling out "Why did you do that? We're here to help you!"

One of the P'utinarians raised itself to full height. "You wouldn't understand! You couldn't... our elders joined forces with the Nazis in the mistaken belief that joining with a strong faction would be beneficial for our exiled people! Ha! The Nazis were worse than those who exiled us, casting us out into the stars! They used our technology, took what they needed, and turned on us! Thousands of our people slain! This..." and he waved a gelatinous hand at the rockslide "will be our chance to strike back, to eradicate that cursed globe and empower our ships to once more take to the stars, to rebuild our people and way of life! This... this abomination" it said, waving a hand at Putty "Is not one of us! He is mutated! Unclean! He, and all the humans, must be destroyed in the cleansing glow of atomic fire!"

Lionheart glanced at Putty "They intend to build a bomb!" He groaned, clutching his head "They know where to press, that's for sure!"

The P'utinarian laughed "We have studied our enemy a long time. You have grown weak, decadent. There are races in the cosmos that could conquer you in hours because you wage war on each other! You kill, destroy and take all that you desire with no thought for others! You, and all like you, must DIE!"

They tensed to pounce!

OOC Initiative 1d10=3 Heroes, 1d10=1 P'utinarians. 1 frame to the good guys, then their two, then your remaining frames.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 21 2010, 01:22

The Vanguard - Stormwarden and Frostbite

Stormwarden, with a thought, gathered the wind around him. More air leaked from teh pipes around, some breaking free of age old concrete to burst forth with the defrosted gas. None was wasted as the spinning vortex gathered it up and whirled about the mighty lord of storms! Zombies caught up in it were picked up and flung, bouncing from corridor walls only to relentlessly rise seconds later, albeit with twisted limbs in some cases! Stormwarden still had the problem of getting around - or through - the creature!

Frostbite, for his part, announced his intentions over the radio link the pair shared. He flew towards the creature, slamming into it and sinking deep into its jelly like mass! No longer a living thing, nor truly dead, the creature had evolved into something else, and even as he concentrated on the next part of his plan Frostbite could feel the creature drawing from him!

<<ALERT! Host form under attack! Protective costume integrity failing!>> blared the computer inside Frostbites' head!

Trying to ignore the thing as best he could, seeing only darkness all around, and feeling the jelly like creature pulse and squirm as it formed micro hooks, millions of them, to tear the suit from Frostbites' body!

Summoning every reserve he knew of, Frostbite turned ....The Vanguard! Issue #3 - The Vanguard, The long dead Queen, and the Holy Grail... - Page 6 Zvpeog!!!

Ice reached out from his core, spreading outwards throughout the creature! It screamed, though no sound came from it, rather it was 'felt' by the Vanguardians! The cold continued to spread, and the creature, adapting, changed its form to the thick black hard carapace like material Frostbite had seen on the outside... He kept pouring on the cold...

Stormwarden approached the creature, wondering how on earth he could avoid the tentacles and hoping the wind would be enough to ... what the? As more Zombie bounced from him, he saw the creatures' form darken from within, spreading out, blackening, hardening... Suddenly it was a solid black statue filling the corridor! It was a simple matter to fly near the ceiling and pick a space to fly between the rock hard tentacles jutting from the thing, then he was 'in the clear' and on the other side! He turned... where was Frostbite?

<<Suit integrity compromised! Warning! Estimated life support capabilities measured in minutes!>> said the Computer. Frostbite grunted. Perhaps his tactic had worked a little too well! The creature had adapted to the cold attack by turning into a rock hard substance - and trapping Frostbite in the process! However, that was less of a problem than he might have thought - simply turning intangible would see his way out of here, but what about the suit? The air it recycled was encased in here with him. Going out in the corridor would see it vent and eventually give him nothing to breathe with! It never rained, but it poured...

OOC Stormwarden and the girl are safe. The Creature is immobilised - for now. Its solid, steel hard and blocking the corridor so you have no interference from the Zombies. However, Frostbites' suit is torn in a number of places. It still works, but for minutes now instead of tens or minutes or a few hours! Pretty soon he's going to need some means of breathing! At the moment he is 'trapped' inside the solid body of the creature...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 21 2010, 07:11

Frostbite

OOC However, Frostbites' suit is torn in a number of places. It still works, but for minutes now instead of tens or minutes or a few hours! Pretty soon he's going to need some means of breathing! At the moment he is 'trapped' inside the solid body of the creature...

Tired at the exertions, Frostbite was delighted that he seemed to have caused the abominations defences to work against itself. Effectively trapping it in place for the time being. Quickly he allowed his molecular anatomy to destabilise as he slipped out from the creature.

OOC:

ok people this is where team work comes in. I had written a whole post on what I was planning to do but actually I see so many things going wrong and getting more complicated I'm not sure if we won't get into a far worse situation.

Originally I had planned:
1. Take myself to the surface,
2. Get the ship to beam me down another suit. (Working within the limits of character knowledge I don't know we've been betrayed.) But also knowing the Nazi's are here, I also don't know if the ship is free, or even in orbit? That last part Frostbite can surmise, since we have a Nazi right here.
3. I was going to suggest Stormwardan caught up with the others and completed getting the mineral now I'm unsure as to what to do.

Splitting the party further when we know the enemy is here is probably not good. In game time who knows how long I've got before the suit runs out of air, but we've still got an outstanding abomination here, the Nazi's outside, Nowhere Man - who knows where, the P'unitarians double crossing us.

Options:

1. We scout about for the means to repair the suit then go down together
2. We go ahead and see if we can't get the Lunarium anyway and then face the Nazi's with our captive as a potential bargaining chip?
3. I go into some deep hybernation, freeze myself - but that would mean I'm a bystander or playing a NPC and we're down a party member - and it might not work.
4. I turn myself in, let you guys get on with getting the stuff and getting out and meanwhile let the Nazi's keep me alive (as they wouldn't want to pass up the chance to examine me) on their ship (assuming they've got one of course?).
5. Or some other alternative idea that I'm missing because I'm trying to be too clever.

What does the team think?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Limerickcot Wed Jul 21 2010, 19:41

ooc: I have to ask the question: Do you still need air to breathe if you are intangible? I can't see how when we know that intangible people can go through solid matter but I'm not the GM in this case. If you don't need air, then although it restricts future combat etc, the situation is maybe not as bad as it seems. FB could remain intangible for most actions, solidifying for a number of actions, with the GM deciding how many that would be, based on the loss of air from the suit (I'm not saying he has to say how many either btw).

Does this sound feasible?

Limerickcot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next