The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5

2 posters

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5 Empty The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5

Post  Admin Fri Oct 13 2017, 08:42

OOC Ha, so much for 'next issue tomorrow latest'... pffft. Short version is - Girlfriend broke her thumb, then in a separate fall ruptured her quads tendon and bashed her face in at the same time. Cue me running round like a carer Sad Anyway, after yesterdays run to the hospital she's in a hinged splint and slightly more mobile. And going back to work, thankfully!

So apologies, am sure that by now you understand how bonkers life can get!

Lionheart was on 191HP, earns 60HP for the short (in game terms, not in actual time!) last issue. This issue will test the hero in his depowered state to his limit!

LIONHEART HP 251

Previously: Lionheart has won over the dominant sentient species on this planet to fight back against the Empire, a widespread organisation in a microscopic universe who have the means to enlarge themselves to enter our world. Once they gather the technology to mass enlarge millions of troops at once, they will launch an invasion force the likes of which has never been seen! First they, they must come up with a solution to the superhuman problem. To that end, they have kidnapped a number of the members of the Vanguard, a British based superhero group. In addition the very act of entering the microverse has split the powerful superhuman LIONHEART into two beings, one of which is Saladin, his former adversary! The Empire have him now. Lionheart must lead the fight against the empire with primitive weapons and creatures against a merciless foe who can throw millions of cloned troops into the battle!

Lionheart looked to the sky...

"They are coming." said Rarghan, the 'loose' leader of the Cat People, the sentient feline like humanoids who formed the majority of the dominant intelligent species on this planet. "Word has reached us of tribes attacking established bases across the world. We have struck first, but the Empire is striking back. They torched a jungle to the floor, killing everything in it. They expected us to be cowed. They were wrong. More are flocking to the fight. Young old, man and woman alike. This is not a war. This is a battle for survival. Against that."

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5 Orbit_ships

Jarna, the pilot of an Empire shuttle who had turned against her oppressive masters, commented. "That ship is the first of several that will orbit this world and act as a staging point for incoming ships. They will drop off forces and supplies and come down on this world like rain. If that doesn't work, they will nuke the planet from orbit."

"nuke?" asked the Cat man leader.

Jarna explained "Widespread destruction from a distance. Fire, fury and death. This place, all of it, will be a smoking crater, devoid of life and unable to sustain life for centuries afterwards. They will kill this world."

Rarghan looked at the sling and spears he'd propped against the wall. With their superhuman strength and abilities they could propel those crude projectiles through a brick wall, but what good would it do against that, in the sky?

Lionheart also had another problem. Saladin was his equal in most areas, superior in others, created as he was to be a warrior rather than a law enforcer like Lionheart was. If they turned him against Lionheart this would become an almost impossible task! And if they manage to clone Saladin... an army of superhuman warriors. And the key to an invasion of Earth would be there to unlock the defences of the planet! Even though there were more powerful superhumans than Lionheart in his current depowered state, an army of millions of them would surely be too much even for the most powerful American, Russian and Chinese 'mega' heroes!

Lionheart considered his assets. Wandafar, his genius friend, Jarna, brave pilot, Rarghan and his people. A captured shuttle.

Against a numberless enemy with a merciless heart!

OOC Just throw in an introduction post and we'll hear from Wandafar.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 15 2017, 13:47

Admin wrote:OOC Ha, so much for 'next issue tomorrow latest'... pffft. Short version is - Girlfriend broke her thumb, then in a separate fall ruptured her quads tendon and bashed her face in at the same time. Cue me running round like a carer Sad Anyway, after yesterdays run to the hospital she's in a hinged splint and slightly more mobile. And going back to work, thankfully!

So apologies, am sure that by now you understand how bonkers life can get!

Lionheart was on 191HP, earns 60HP for the short (in game terms, not in actual time!) last issue. This issue will test the hero in his depowered state to his limit!

LIONHEART HP 251

Lionheart considered his assets. Wandafar, his genius friend, Jarna, brave pilot, Rarghan and his people. A captured shuttle.

Against a numberless enemy with a merciless heart!

OOC Just throw in an introduction post and we'll hear from Wandafar.

OOC:Understand and feel for you like you wouldn't understand. My own life has taken a big shakeup in the last few years, but this isn't something I want to post about here. But understand yes, completely.

Lionheart grimaced at the thoughts that circled around his considerable intellect. Though he'd gained friends, help in a helpless situation it was difficult to see how such help could be leveraged against the technology that threatened them and the forces that could be deployed to subdue them. The empire wanted him though and was prepared to spend a considerable effort to get him, knowing that Saladin and Lionheart combined would make for an even greater army. Or at least an elite group for those considered worthy. He gave an involuntary shudder, the thought of being back with Saladin wasn't one he liked, but right now it was their best hope despite what personal misgivings he might have.

"Come on, stop being so cheerful and let's see what Wandafar has for us..." Lionheart turned to the stockily heavy built dwarf-like man, who in fact was all alien. Having been tasked with getting one of the ships to let Wandafar get inside the guts and see if he couldn't turn their tech against them, Lionheart had to wonder if even this was beyond him, given how limited their resources. Still, "Cometh the hour..." he mused on, curious to see what progress the eccentric genius had come up with.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5

Post  Admin Mon Nov 06 2017, 22:00

"Vell, let's consider our options." said Wandafar after the diminutive hero turned to face Lionheart and his allies as they walked into the tent that served as a temporary base.

"First, ve can surrender." he ignored the Cat Man's alarmed expression and continued. "Zey vill torture Lionheart und splice him into little bits to make him into lost of Lion Cubs. A super army. Everyone else zey vill simply obliterate."

Jarna groaned.

"Second, ve can fight. Ve hef a bunch of rocks, some fierce warriors, und some spears und stuff. If ve get close to ze soldiers ve vill beat ze snot out of zem. So they vill blast us from space. Or threaten to blast from space unless Lionheart surrenders, zen blast us from space ven he does. Zis I think, is a bad thing."

Rarghan raised an eyebrow and glanced at Lionheart.

"Third, ve can get sneaky. Zey might know by now ve nicked a shuttle, fine. So ve steal another vun, fly ze shuttle ve hef to some place where it vill be noticed und blown up. Zey begin clapping und cheering, and much clinking of glasses, zen turn ze planet into a smoking cinder. However, ve take another stolen shuttle und go up zere und Lionheart does his sing. Rescue Saladin, blow big ship up, ve vin. For a vile. Zen zey come back viz more big ships. Zis place, I fear, is on borrowed time." he added sadly.

"Finally, ve get nasty. I hef studied our shuttle. Ze power supply is clever, small... and volatile. just changing some of ze parameters vill turn zem into flying bombs. ve can determine ze time zey go off, but cannot remotely detonate t=zem."

"it's a kind of failsafe" said Jarna. "And secret. How did you manage to unlock the code to find out that the Omega cores started life as warheads? That... I only found out by accident, and doubted it until I saw it used..."

"Pshhhht!" said Wandafar. "is easy. Anyvay. Votever. Ze fect is, ve hef ze means to turn ze ships of ze enemy into bombs."

Rarghan roared with approval. Wandafar looked doubtfully at Lionheart. "Sorry Mr big Lion fellow, but is not so easy. Ve... play by rules ven ve do vot ve do. Doing this..." Lionheart could see Wandafar was torn. This was war, but even so, he and Wandafar were super heroes, pledged to protect and preserve life, not wipe it out, en mass...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Nov 19 2017, 20:07

Admin wrote:Rarghan roared with approval. Wandafar looked doubtfully at Lionheart. "Sorry Mr big Lion fellow, but is not so easy. Ve... play by rules ven ve do vot ve do. Doing this..." Lionheart could see Wandafar was torn. This was war, but even so, he and Wandafar were superheroes, pledged to protect and preserve life, not wipe it out, en mass...

Despite the look of approval, however, reluctant Lionheart did not like nor feel ready to commit mass genocide and murder on such a large scale. What would separate them from the war crimes of those they faced if they faced them on the same terms? In the end, it wasn't a question of right versus wrong but who got lucky or had the upper hand. It was survival of the fittest and he wasn't about to surrender his values or else what were they fighting for? What kind of person can come back to some kind of normal after having committed so much murder, however, justified, and worse still what if he came to like it?

"Nope, I need another solution. If we sink to their level, we sing their song just in our own words. If this universe is going to have a better chance of living its got to start with how we get there or we're no better than they are. I need another plan, or else we fight on as we always did and you guys find a quiet corner to stay safe till either we win or they come knocking."

Lionheart didn't want a discussion, so he left it hanging there and went to get some air. He didn't like their odds any better than they probably did. But he sure as anything wasn't about to descend to any means to get the ends you wanted, approach either.

OOC:I don't know how doable this is, but Frostbite is the soldier, who knows how to kill and what not, but I am playing Lionheart as the upright guy with the moral code who will not simply surrender that. I guess his plan here on would be hit and run, resist, retreat, try to find weaknesses, fight where they can from within etc. But I'm not happy with the idea of mass killing anyway - its why I like to play a Supers game so would prefer a better and nobler route to winning.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 22 2017, 22:30

"War is fought, there are deaths on both sides." snarled Rarghan. "Making a decisive blow would send a message to this Empire that we can turn their ships into weapons to use against them. They will... not fly until they fix them?"

Wandafar shrugged. "Lionheart is right. Ve are not killers. Ve are better than zem. This is not an option. So maybe... another." He narrowed his eyes and started mumbling to himself. Then he turned to Lionheart. "Ve cannot be ze only vons to hate zis crummy lot. Defeating zem here vud send a message, no doubt. Ve need to beat zem but cannot do so viz a bomb. Not a bomb... as such. A virus. A clever vun. Works on ships, ze veapons, shields, engines... all their defences... robots... I need time to write zis. Time to put it in. Und I need to enter it into ze mainframe of ze biggest ships - zey vill be shielded against getting infection from smaller stuff, but zet vill not be ze case ze other vey round."

"A virus. Self aware, mutating, self replicating... und vorkin for us."

Jarna shook her head. "Those computers ARE self aware, intelligent. They give orders to thousands of systems and clone crewmen. It's impossible. When they are created, set on their path, they are virtually living things. Those ships up there... they are like cities, and the hive minds that run them give the illusion that the humanoid crewmembers and command staff are in charge. The truth is that the technology is far beyond most of their ability to understand, but there are physical tasks that the computers need the humanoids to do for them."

Wandafar held up a hand. "Zet is vot I needed to know! Lionheart! Get me onto ze big ship und keep ze bad guys off my back vile I can get zis thing into ze computer brain. After zet...? Ve see. If it vorks, ze virus vill spread to all smaller ships associated viz big ship. If not...? Ve trepped on ship viz thousands of enemies closing in. Lionheart might be able to escape, but ze rest of us?" He drew a finger across his throat. "Meh. I vill take zet chance to rid zese people..." he referred to Rarghan "... of zet crummy lot."

Jarna shook her head. "Madness. I'll not be a part of it while you kill yourselves on an impossible mission!" she marched out.

Rarghan watched her go "I do not understand all of the things you have said. All I know is that a virus will make something sick. If a sick Empire ship cannot be used against us, that is a good thing."

Wandafar turned to Lionheart "Ve need to get up zere. You must be vorned zo. As you are, you may not be powerful enough to fight hordes off. And if zey turned Saladin against you..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 01 2017, 16:40

Admin wrote:Wandafar turned to Lionheart "Ve need to get up zere. You must be vorned zo. As you are, you may not be powerful enough to fight hordes off. And if zey turned Saladin against you..."

Lionheart looked visibly relieved despite Jarna's sudden departure. "I knew you could come up with something. And in truth, because they have Saladin we've got to do all we can to rescue him and well make sure he cannot be turned against us. He's already more than a handful. What I fear more, isn't that they clone him - that will be trouble enough. Its that he joins in with them!"

Lionheart let the words go, and started to think through what they would need to do to get onboard one of the vast ships that the Empire seemed to have no end of.

OOC: Ok so assuming said ships are too big to bring into the atmosphere, we must I guess take up the small captured ship to them. I guess then at this point the issue is going to be how we fool them into thinking this ship isn't one that was recently stolen and commandeered by us. Assuming we can begin this big rewrite with getting that done, we can then work out how to get onboard. One thing we will definitely need is space suits capable of surviving out there and propulsion units, in case the ship needs must be abandoned for us to get across on our own steam, as it were.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 08 2017, 20:50

OOC playing catchup mate. On Holiday from tomorrow for a week then have the week off after, so there will be updates, just none for a few days I should think. Hope you are coping, probably as mad a time of year for you as it is for me. Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 08 2017, 20:54

Admin wrote:OOC playing catchup mate. On Holiday from tomorrow for a week then have the week off after, so there will be updates, just none for a few days I should think. Hope you are coping, probably as mad a time of year for you as it is for me. Cheers, Paul

Yeah, mad like I don't know what. On call tonight at the local hospital already been up there twice already...anyway as and when mate - things (despite the prevailing season) have calmed down a bit, so apart from the usual madness ( Surprised ) things have sort of begun to settle down a bit more. First time in over a year.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 26 2017, 17:21

Lionheart walked outside and across to the captured shuttle. There, Jarna was angrily packing supplies into a small rucksack.

Without looking at him she snarled as he walked up. "I though you could make a difference, change life not just for these Cat People and billions of people across the galaxy, but for those cloned crewmen who have no choice but to serve the Empire. I was wrong."

She sighed and threw the rucksack down, sagging to sit on the wing. "I'm not angry at you. I'm angry at all of this!" she said throwing up her hands. "I must be mad to think that anything will change. I saw the things you can do and allowed myself to hope. The best bet is to get away from here, far away. This place is doomed! Before long everything you can see for hundreds of miles in every direction will be a blasted, smoking wasteland, uninhabitable for decades."

Lionheart glanced to the sky. Death from above was little his superspeed, strength and mental abilities could do something about. He did have things in his favour though, namely Wandafars' staggering intellect. If anyone could come up with a solution to the problem, it was him. The little man was more or less the smartest person he'd ever known, and he'd know a few. He also had Jarna, at the moment. She just seemed demoralised for now, rather than determined to leave.

in the distance he saw tiny silver specs heading to the sky. "What are those?" he asked. Jarna wasn't sure what he was talking about until she pulled binoculars out. "How can you see...? Never mind. Supply ships. They are moving important supplies, equipment and personnel up to the atmosphere. They don't want to blast everything..."

Jarna asked "You don't suppose...?" She glanced at the shuttle, then at the supply ships. "If you are planning to go up there on a crazy suicide mission, one of those will be expected. Anything else will be challenged and blasted..."

Wandafar wandered into view. "It is about zis time I vud normally expect a rescue from a most improbable source or direction, but at zis point, in an Alien galaxy arrayed against forces too powerful to comprehend, ve must also consider ze situation might be no vin. I em still sinking of solutions, but it seems our problems are mounting to ze size of mountains right now."

Rarghan walked up. "I am going to prepare my people to move. They will not like it - we persuaded them to fight. The possibility of being wiped out by bombs from the sky before a fight can be waged is not one that sits well with me. I shall return shortly."

Jarna and Lionheart swapped a glance. The weapons the Empire could bring to bear were not the kind that could be run away from...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 26 2017, 21:34

Admin wrote:Rarghan walked up. "I am going to prepare my people to move. They will not like it - we persuaded them to fight. The possibility of being wiped out by bombs from the sky before a fight can be waged is not one that sits well with me. I shall return shortly."

Jarna and Lionheart swapped a glance. The weapons the Empire could bring to bear were not the kind that could be run away from...

"Rarghan, hold that thought a moment. Maybe we can give them a fight?"

Turning to the others, Lionheart said, "what if we take one of those ships and as many of Rarghan's warriors up to the main ship. Is there any way we can get onboard and start to disrupt things from inside? I could play decoy, and Rarghan's people could go with you and Wandafar to see if you can't take over the mainframe of that thing. Freeze out control and see if we can't turn this thing around. If you're going to pick a fight, might as well be with the biggest bully, right?"

Lionheart looked from one to another to get a sense of what they thought.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 04 2018, 21:09

"Vell, it's probably slightly less dangerous zen being nuked from orbit. I mean, being attacked from all sides by limitless enemies does not sound like ze berrell of laughing sounds, but better zen being turned into esh from space bombs." muttered Wandafar.

Rarghan raised a hairy eyebrow. "What is the small humanoid speaking about? I am prepared to take the fight to the enemy, even if it means going where no Cat Man has gone before. It will give a tale to tell around fires for generations."

"Assuming you live to tell it" said Jarna. She sighed, shrugged. "I'm in. Like the small man said. I think. Better up there than down here when a bomb goes off."

Wandafar shrugged. "Vell, ve need to get on von of zem." he said, pointing to a silver dot rising to the sky.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 05 2018, 15:40

Admin wrote:"Assuming you live to tell it" said Jarna. She sighed, shrugged. "I'm in. Like the small man said. I think. Better up there than down here when a bomb goes off."

Wandafar shrugged. "Vell, ve need to get on von of zem." he said, pointing to a silver dot rising to the sky.

Putting a grateful hand out in a gesture of encouragement toward Rarghan, Lionheart nodded his encouragement to Jarna. "Well our biggest problem with getting ships is getting into the spaceport. Last time I had more support and the element of surprise and still failed to achieve our aim. Their defences are formidable and they have Meta powered individuals like myself to back them up. If I take down the Meta, then they've got more than enough guns to slice the rest of us to ribbons, even if I can dodge them. We're not blind to their defences, Wandafar, but is there any way to get past them and not turn everyone into bright coloured salami?"

OOC:[i] Sorry about this Paul, as it is I have no idea about how to go about doing anything meaningful so most of my interactions involve me saying, 'What can we do?' to an NPC, NPC replies, 'well...ABC!' And me replying, 'How can we do that?' etc...

I am not sure what the answer is. However, as long as we are in such an unlimited environment in which I have little idea of how to achieve my goal of getting to a meaningful point to carry the narrative on, I am forced to keep asking 'in Character', what I in person would like to do, but have no idea how to go about doing it, or indeed if there is any way to go about doing it. Not sure what the answer is? It's somewhat frustrating for me and must be for you. I mean I'm hardly using my many powers or skills at present toward moving the plot, forward. I've been thinking about this for sometime, and this is one of the major drawbacks with this present scenario - simply not knowing what to do. Which must be rather boring for you with me and having to pump NPC's for information - sorry mate, its kinda putting you on the spot rather than me actually doing something myself is how it looks. I wonder how we might make it more interactive, rather than just heavy dialogue? What do you think?/i]

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 11 2018, 14:41

OOC If we were playing with a 'full deck' of players we'd be enjoying a fair bit more of interaction, but then that brings its own challenges as people post slower, vanish for days (bit like me really!) or don't offer up much more than one word answers. Once we're through the dialogue/planning stage I intend for the fireworks to go off, and Lionheart/Frostbite will have their hands full when the full force of the Empire falls down on them!

Wandafar shrugged "Zere are many vays. However, ze easiest vay is for you to get aboard a sheep and take control of eet. You have many skills und super powers to help you do zis. Vunce you hef control, ze best vay to escape ze blockade vud be to con zem into sinking you are a mindless drone who blindly follows orders because you are too stupeed to do otherwise. It is a shame Yeoman is not here. Zet buffoon vud come in hendy."

"Without his infuriating leck of brains and ability to pass off as a living rock, we are stuck viz vot ve hef. Ve must be mindful however." he said, looking about and shielding his eyes as he squinted in the sun. "Ze ships are moving supplies, equipment, maybe personnel and surely the minerals zey hef mined from zis place. Ven zet is done?" he made a 'Kaboom' motion with his hands. "See? Your eyes are better?"

Lionheart looked to the direction Wandafar pointed. Sure enough, the faintest of glitters suggesting the ships were hundreds of miles away, but there were a number of camps/bases/mines all evacuating the planet.

Rarghans' world was marked for death!

OOC Depending on what Frostbite does (his 'suicide' mission) will affect what happens with Lionheart & co next...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:24

Admin wrote:Rarghans' world was marked for death!

OOC Depending on what Frostbite does (his 'suicide' mission) will affect what happens with Lionheart & co next...

OOC: OK posted in Frostbites thread about the action to take the missile to the surface and hopefully locate me Lionheart and Wandafar. If I can configure the equipment to locate their unique signatures - know to Frostbot maybe we can make the reunion a bit easier. Then its a question of getting a ship and getting aboard the mastership to bring a whole lot of hurt before they bring a lot of hurts wholly to this planet.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 23 2018, 12:54

"Vat is thet?" asked Wandafar as he squinted into the sky.

Lionheart narrowed his eyes but from this distance it was tricky even for him to make out details. One gleaming object, dozens of miles up, was being chased by slightly larger gleaming objects. The chasing objects were opening fire on the first, but it seemed the first object was smaller, faster and harder to hit. The trailing objects were... ships. The first?

Suddenly it broke up, and seemed to become a collection of fireworks trailing from the sky! Well, whatever it was was gone now...

It sped down and gave off a distant 'WHUMP' with a resulting column of steam.

Lionheart glanced at the distant base. A large troop transport type vessel was turning in the air and making to head towards the crash site.

Wandafar
muttered what Lionheart was think. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Jarna laughed "There's NO way anything could have survived that!"

Rarghan added "If that landed where I think it did, then it is lost now. That area is a deep, impenetrable swamp. The creatures there prey not only on outsiders, but on each other. There is no honour there, only death! Our people do not fight well there, for we cannot easily use our natural mobility and agility."

Lionheart glanced from the steaming smoke column to the troop transport. The column was a few miles away, but he still had some speed. Enough to get there first?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 24 2018, 17:33

Admin wrote:Lionheart glanced from the steaming smoke column to the troop transport. The column was a few miles away, but he still had some speed. Enough to get there first?

"I hear you, but I can't help but feel that Wandarfar is right. Anyway foolish enough to try and land amongst all this Imperial muscle must either be suicidal or be intending on a very singular mission. Besides we don't know if Saladin...my companion isn't in that fireball.

I don't like it but I guess I'd best go and take a look. I hate complications and for my liking, we've had too many already. Bear with me, if it proves to be pointless I'll get out quick."

Lionheart didn't like taking off at his top speed, which given his situation without Saladin and his own combined powers, wasn't so great. However, he felt he was getting the hang of the adjustment and this gave him the chance to really stretch his legs, something he'd not done for a while. Besides if Saladin had somehow broken free, however unlikely it would be that he'd return, Lionheart couldn't take the chance of abandoning him a second time. He'd already pay several lifetimes worth for doing it once, no doubt if the tables were ever turned.

OOC: Ok, trying not to meta here, but the Saladin angle seemed a genuine way for Lionheart to take a look, besides natural curiosity. I'll move as fast as I can with a combination of flight, agility and land speed as terrain and staying low, to avoid detection, allow.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 25 2018, 17:30

The first thing Lionheart realised was that he flew a LOT slower than he ran now.

he sped through the jungle, using his incredible agility and speed to move at several hundred miles an hour, until it started to get thicker and more impassable, so he took to the skies. Through the canopy and heading towards the smoke column he saw something else. Someone else...

He strained his eyes... and couldn't make them see any closer...

OOC My bad, just took another look at the character sheet. No telescopic vision in his 'split' form...

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #7 - The mission part 5 Lionheart_depowered

A glance behind revealed the oncoming Empire ship...

Whoever that was, friend or foe, they'd soon be getting the attention of the Empire. So would Lionheart, but he had to know if it was Saladin!

OOC up to you how you want to play it - one thread or both. No worries on my behalf.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 26 2018, 14:58

Admin wrote:A glance behind revealed the oncoming Empire ship...

Whoever that was, friend or foe, they'd soon be getting the attention of the Empire. So would Lionheart, but he had to know if it was Saladin!

OOC up to you how you want to play it - one thread or both. No worries on my behalf.

OOC: OK I'll combine threads when we combine heroes. For the meantime, let's leave as is.

Lionheart had to pour it on, that ship coming as it was to the unknown crash could spell trouble for everyone. Although he hated the presence of Saladin buried deep within, nonetheless he was somewhat frustrated by what seemed now quite a pedestrian speed. Nonetheless, it was time to find something extra and seek to keep ahead of that ship. He felt he owed Saladin at least the opportunity to know that he hadn't abandoned him without trying. And was trying again even now.

OOC: Ok let's see if we can boost up speed without blowing up in the process and offer up a couple of HP to dice to stay ahead of that oncoming ship.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 01 2018, 10:22

Try as he might Lionheart was hampered by the fact his flight speed no longer relied on some enhanced ability to defy gravity but instead his telekinesis, which had always been useful rather than dramatically powerful.

His speed was limited to land or...

He glanced below.

That would do it.

Moments later he swam at hundreds of miles an hour creating a frothing tidal wave behind him! No... that wouldn't do.

A heartbeat after that he ran over the surface of the water! Creatures large and small barely had time to wonder what had just happened when he was gone and hundreds of yards away in a flash!

Looking up he saw the dark column through the gap in the trees over the river and sprinted onto the bank and along a beach, trying to ignore sixty foot long crocodile like creatures with eight legs and what looked to be six foot high crows greedily eyeing anything that looked to be easy pickings!

Just then he heard a loud CAAAAAWWWWW!!! and looked to the skies... Even the crocodiles scattered into the water as a huge shadow passed overhead... Some gigantic bird creature was swooping down towards some hapless target... and it was in the vicinity of the smoke spiral. It was around a quarter mile away now.. he was close. Doubtless that ship would be too!

Just then he caught a glimpse of a flying, albeit struggling figure... Icy... blue... Could it be..? What on Earth, or rather not on Earth... was Frostbite doing here... and would he be that birds next lunch?

OOC No real need to 'push' your superspeed as such. You could have pushed your telekinesis but failure would leave you without that power for an hour...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 02 2018, 17:10

Admin wrote:Just then he caught a glimpse of a flying, albeit struggling figure... Icy... blue... Could it be..? What on Earth, or rather not on Earth... was Frostbite doing here... and would he be that birds next lunch?

Momentarily stunned, not that it would give the opportunity to the predators around the chance to react, Lionheart shifted position to take in what was going on better moving always so as to put opportunistic hunters off trying.

OOC: Hmm given that Lionheart doesn't know what Frostbite is up to, and even Frostbite is trying to maintain a ruse, I think I'd like to see what plays out with Frostbite first and then react with Lionheart second. However, I think that a surefire bet is that if the bird does miss Frostbite, Lionheart will try and present himself as another target, either that or try and attack with his Psi attack, if he can find the creature's brain? However, if Frostbites plan should fail then Lionheart is ready to leap into action and 'help' if he can.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down