The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 Empty The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14 2016, 15:26

LIONHEART 210HP

Lionheart asked his friend Wandafar where someone like Timpson might obtain White Dwarf Star material.

"Honestly? I cannot say. He is using technology zet is not available to the worlds superpowers. If you vere to esk me ver I could get zis stuff?" pondered the diminutive genius. He munched on spicy snacks as he looked at the wall of cobbled together screens showing the state of the worlds news in a dozen different countries at once. Apparently the language difference was no barrier to the scientist. Wandafar continued.

"If I ver to seek out some vey to get zis stuff, I vud say zet you vud hef to go into deep space - und I mean further zen any von hes gone before. As far as I know. Ve know there hes been a number of alien invasions. It is probable that vun such attack included some of zis stuff vich Timpson vis all his money and resources could get hold of. Zen he uses zet to get more. How? Vell, let's see vot are ze possibilities of zis stuff? If you can use it, zis stuff is an amazing power source. A microscopic sample can power cutting edge technology better than any battery or nuclear capability. Und zis guy can get plenty of it. So how? From where? Ze answer lays, I believe, in ze same area which we vill use it for. I believe zere is a subatomic universe populated by sentient beings. ve know zis because of ze attacks this bunch has made already. Zey kidnapped our friends, und Frostbite gone after zem viz no vay back from zis end. Now you vont to go after zem, save ze day?" he shook his head. "Foolish I sink, but understandable. Never leave a friend behind, eh?"

"So, to get more, ze easiest vay to do so is nick it off Timpson. You could beat ze stuffing out of his armoured goons, peel ze suits off zem und we get it out of those. Of course, zet makes us public enemy number vun."

"Another vey for you to get some is shrink down zen grab some from... wherever... und bring it back." he shrugged. "You must make ze decision, but scrapping against all of ze yenk superheroes vill e tricky, even for you. Zis men is a mester of spin. he has armies of people vorking to make good a public image despite his dealings viz anyone rich or dumb enough to deal viz him. And of course, zet is also problem. How to know if dealing viz Timpson? Ze man is at top of pyramid, und layer upon layer of respectable companies in between." he sighed. "Sometimes being ze hero is hard despite being able to chuck tanks around."

OOC So if you want more of this stuff, your options are simple:

1) Fly deeper into space than any human has gone, then wander around aimlessly looking for the stuff Smile
2) use the stuff you have to shrink to the microverse and find it there
3) Go back to pay a visit to Timpson and pound the stuffing out of his armoured army, strip it from the suits and hope it's enough.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 14 2016, 15:41

Admin wrote:"

OOC So if you want more of this stuff, your options are simple:

1) Fly deeper into space than any human has gone, then wander around aimlessly looking for the stuff Smile
2) use the stuff you have to shrink to the microverse and find it there
3) Go back to pay a visit to Timpson and pound the stuffing out of his armoured army, strip it from the suits and hope it's enough.

"My friend despite you peculiar habits, questionable taste in entertainment and odd speech impediment, you have a knack for getting to the heart of a matter. I think in truth, a fight with Timpson is probably out of the question, unless we're prepared to go all the way. He is the sort of man I think, who'd seek revenge on my ancestors, if such a thing could be done. But he's a canny one, I've met him twice now, and both times left me feeling like I needed a shower with acid to get clean. I don't like him and I don't think we can be too careful where he is concerned. He might be the one who has been behind all this all along.

Anyway enough chat, no time like the present and all that. You'd best fire up whatever it is you fire up to get me into this microverse. Frostbite might need me or he and the others won't get back, let alone what else Timmy and his cronies have planned for this all along."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:25

"Very well." muttered Wandafar as his hands danced across a keyboard. machines whirred into life.

"...questionable... peculiar... odd..." he muttered as he worked.

=========

An hour later Lionheart stood in the lab side room looking at a trio of laser emitting arms pointing at a spot on the floor marked with an X in felt tip.

"So, zis is ow it vill vork. You stand zere, ze ray hits you, zen ve cross fingers zet it is enough to shrink you to subatomic size. It might go wrong in several vays. For one, your body is... unusually powerful. Your buddies hef less dense body structures and your abilities are very defensive in nature. As far as I know it *shrould* vork but I suspect ve vud need much much more of zis stuff to get ze best results. Viz only zis much?" he shrugged, blowing out and raising his eyebrows. "it could..." he mouthed 'Kaboom!' and spread his hands apart.

"If you are ready, I vill flick ze switch." he said, then looked at a blinking light on the haphazard console. "Hmmm. I hef several algorithms zet vatch a number of different security channels und it seems zis location has not only been trecked, but vill soon come under etteck. If zat if ze case I vill hef to send you zen pack as much stuff as I can und get ze hell out of dodge. So to speak. You ready?"

Lionheart looked at his friend. Nothing worried Wandafar, he seemed incapable of fretting. This time...? Well, he looked worried!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:49

Admin wrote:Lionheart looked at his friend. Nothing worried Wandafar, he seemed incapable of fretting. This time...? Well, he looked worried!

"Timpson!" Lionheart growled expressing his annoyance at being outfoxed by the sly devil, and that he had potentially brought further harm or danger on Wandafar. A prize Timpson would likely give his right arm for.

"What do we do, Timpson's no fool, the sorts of things you might try to throw him off won't necessarily work with him. And in the time we've been here, he's had chance to plan. I'd best stick around at least until we can be sure he is off he scent. What do you think?"

Lionheart was torn inside, he knew throwing Timpson off would not be easy. Wandafar and the tec involved in shrinking him down to get to the Microverse meant Timpson had a rival as well as someone as clever and resourceful as him. So a competitor and Lionheart couldn't see that going across well. But going to the Microverse, would leave Wandafar to fend for himself. Resources or otherwise, Timpson would throw a lot at him to capture him and it wouldn't go well. Lionheart worried about the potential for collateral damage.

"Timpson will try everything he can, can you boost the ray, so it can take us both? If you come with me, at least we have a better chance of throwing Timpson off for now. Desperate times and all that my friend, besides I could do with you on the other side. I'm sure they have questionable entertainment that you could get to like."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 17 2016, 06:58

"But... vat about Eastenders? Und Corrie?" spluttered Wandafar

"Hmmm. Chances are votever zis men vants to do viz me will not involve letting me vatch soap operas. Two transport two people? Und ve are both denser zen normal humans? Ach! If I stretch the energy delivery to a wider frequency... all I can say is zis. Zere is a huge, huge risk involved just viz vun, cause ve hef not enough. Viz two? I can... can try... but ..." he looked at Lionheart for several seconds.

"I vill try it. To heck viz it. I em villing to try. Just need more power. Ach." he looked at a box in the corner. "Zere vill be a bleckout. I suppose my recorder vill be cut but I can vatch my stuff on catchup. Ok. Britain vill hef a blackout for a little vile. Zey vill discover zet I hef uhhh... modified ze electric supply. Anyvay."

Wandafar made preparations. Lionheart glanced at one of the screens and saw a stream of codes popping up.

Without looking over Wandafar shouted "Zet screen shows all the codes which may indicate ze imminent ettack. One of zem suggests someone has told ze authorities zis place is a supervillain lair. Another has it as a drug den and yet another has us earmarked as a terrorist cell. From one of... three... not zat code too. Four different groups. Ach. Zey are gonna trash zis place viz a real catfight."

"Anyvay. Ve are ready. Vell. Ready for vat, I don't know. But ready to flick ze switch. Ve vill hef to cuddle. Don't vorry, it does not mean I love you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 17 2016, 07:47

Admin wrote:"Anyvay. Ve are ready. Vell. Ready for vat, I don't know. But ready to flick ze switch. Ve vill hef to cuddle. Don't vorry, it does not mean I love you."

Lionheart thought of several witty retorts, however despite the significance of their situation, silence seemed to be most apt. He simply nodded as he prepared to try and do whatever he could to make sure the two of them got through this together.

OOC:Is it possible to extend my force field around Wandafar, I am aware that I don't wish us to be separated and indeed that we might be in a harsh environment that might make it difficult for him to survive. If its possible to stretch my field around him, then lets do that. Consider HP spent if it would make it more doable, but not exploitable.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 23 2016, 10:38

Lionheart tried, but as much as he poured his will into it, there was no way to extend the protective field around himself or his clothing!

'Don't bother' growled Saladins voice inside of Lionheart. 'Our 'makers' felt that the training of our minds should make us individual powerhouses, but protecting large groups of people was never our remit. We are soldiers, masquerading as something else.'

Wandafar pressed a button on a console and hurried over to where the X on the floor was. Even as he did so Lionheart could hear distant sirens outside getting closer! And so it had begun. Timpsons' gift was, as Lionheart expected, a double edged sword. Yes you can take the White Dwarf Star Material, but I will use it to track you and hound you until I get what I want!

No matter. Machines hummed, lights flashed, and THOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Instantly Lionheart knew something was WRONG! His danger sense screamed, then went silent for a moment before screaming again but somehow 'quieter' this time? Bizarre!

What on earth was going on?

Or rather, not on Earth...

With a flash of light Lionheart appeared, whole and seemingly unharmed. No... not whole...

He looked around. Everything was less sharp somehow. He stood in a crater in a jungle with purple leaved trees and yellow trunks all around, strange alien animal sounds filling the air! It was warm. Why was he able to feel the warmth? His forcefield should have protected him, surely? Standing up, he looked around. His senses were definitely dulled. No doubt about it. Wait... where was Wandafar?

Suddenly he heard a roaring sound from a distance. It sounded a way off, but was definitely getting closer! An engine of some kind? He looked at his hands, his clothes. He was himself but... somehow 'less'. What had happened?

=========

Wandafar woke, groaning. The air was hot, tanged with something. It was breathable for the most part, and the diminutive scientist could breathe rarified air better than humans but still it was uncomfortable.

Talking of uncomfortable....

"Ach... Vy did you take you clothes off?" he spluttered to the naked man crouched in the crater with his back to Wandafar only a few feet away. "I told you I vas not liking you in zet vay! Luckily ve got here in vun piece." he looked to the sky, green tinged, with a planet surrounded by moons hanging to the right of a pair of distant suns. "Wherever here is. I sink ze phrase is..."

"STOP YOUR PRATTLING MAN!" shouted the naked muscle form as he rose and looked about.

Wandafar gasped. "Ach! You are not..."

"No little man..." stated the fellow turning to face Wandafar. "We did not arrive here in one piece, but two! I suppose I should thank you!" he said, flexing a fist and smiling with a cruel grin, pointed goatee titling slightly with the motion. "I'm back!"

"Who...?" spluttered Wandafar. "Where is Lionheart?"

"I..." stated the muscled naked fellow "...am SALADIN! And Lionheart? Why..." he looked about. "He must be dead like I was! Now I am back though... and I will carve myself an empire from the ashes of my enemies!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 24 2016, 07:47

Admin wrote:Suddenly he heard a roaring sound from a distance. It sounded a way off, but was definitely getting closer! An engine of some kind? He looked at his hands, his clothes. He was himself but... somehow 'less'. What had happened?

OOC:"Oh brother, where art thou!!! Just to say I am assuming I am not controlling Saladin and Lionheart, as I think there is an obvious conflict of interest, namely how to get back to my former power levels, hopefully without Saladin uppermost. As a result here goes nothing...

"What the..." Words for once failed Lionheart, the glib tongued quick witted hero was lost for them. But with the approaching sound coming closer, he had to know what power he had if any?

Moving through the jungle he did what felt 'natural' instinctive both with mind and body to fathom what was going on, and more importantly where Wandafar was. Perhaps he could help Lionheart solve what had gone on, let alone get him off this planet.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 30 2016, 14:46

Lionheart knew instantly that his power levels were down. WAY down!

When he had somehow merged the mental essence of Saladin into himself, he'd not been physically altered - as such. Though he'd had little time to theorise about what had happened he figured that he had in some way psionically altered his genetic makeup through sheer force of will and telekinetic force! So what had gone wrong?

Perhaps it was the physics of shrinking himself down? As a Class 5 superhuman the process of altering the laws of physics to shrink him into the subatomic universe were clearly something that Wandafar hadn't... possibly couldn't... have accounted for. Unless he had more - a LOT more - of the White Dwarf Star material. Stifling a curse about Timpson and the mans' machinations, he stretched out with his senses and his telepathic abilities in the usual way...

'Wandafar? Can you hear me?' he pulsed.

Nothing!

Chances were his diminished abilities were too weak to cover the distance between them... assuming Wandy was still alive or even on this planet at all!

Then something unusual happened. His stomach growled! Risking a breath he breathed a sigh of relief - the air WAS breathable, but of a much lower oxygen content than Earth. So, he was hungry, had suffered a power loss and separated from his friend. Now there was definitely something headed his way... He looked through a gap in the trees to find a bulky - about the size of four trucks bolted together side by side with two on top - rocketship type vessel roaring across the treetops in his direction!

Just then a creature burst from the treeline - it looked like a ... well, a Dragon! But it was ENORMOUS! It's head was almost as big as the vessel heading towards Lionheart, and trees/dirt fell from its neck as it lunged towards the noisy gleaming interloper! With a CRASH! heard from a mile away, where Lionheart was, the huge creature clamped gaping jaws around the ship, shook it's head, and pulled it down below the line of the trees!

What the? He looked about, then noticed a much quieter 'sense' of something wrong. Even his Danger Sense was diminished!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 01 2016, 07:39

Admin wrote:What the? He looked about, then noticed a much quieter 'sense' of something wrong. Even his Danger Sense was diminished!

His powers were down. Lionheart he didn't know where his companion, Wandafar, was. And he had just witnessed a 'dragon' type creature bigger than four London buses attack a space ship. Yup, another day on the job! Lionheart suspected that a sense of humour became more evident with a sizable diminishing of his power. That or it was just a way of coping with what his brain was trying to take in.

In such an incident the right thing to do would be to run in the other direction...Lionheart headed toward the danger. Unsure of what powers he had and at what level? Flight? Agility? Speed? He tried them all looking to find what was best given the situation. One thing was for sure, the people aboard the ship might need help or if they were true to form and intent on killing him, hold information. Something that either way Lionheart could make use off, assuming of course he wasn't stomped on or chargrilled by a dragon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 05 2016, 17:41

Lionheart moved through the jungle with less than his usual speed and agility but still quick enough to put the greatest of Olympians to shame!

He noted the strange foilage, including what appeared to be trees with large leaves lined with spines and glistening with dew... or something more sinister. Likely poison, and carnivorous! Man eating plants? Everything on this planet was supersized... or was it him that had been somehow shrunken down?

Dodging the attentions of what appeared to be a cow sized beetle, with immense crushing mandibles, he looked over head and saw a virtual squadron of half a dozen Rottweiler sized wasps! Luckily the foilage was so thick in places they couldn't get through, and those snapping plants took care of more than a couple of them!

Breaking through the vines, which appeared to be as strong as steel and inches thick in some cases, he came across a clearing where the giant head and the neck of the dragon like creature was dragging the stricken spacecraft/jet back into it's hole in the ground/lair!

With luck Lionheart could get onto the ship, but that creature was immense! With a head as large as a house he could only imagine what the body must like. Indeed, with every movement the ground shook and trees trembled!

The jaws were clamped in such a way that prevented the hatches from opening, and the only thing preventing the beast from devouring it was the fact that the engines were at full power and essentially dragging it away... but this tug of war contest would have only one winner as far as Lionheart could see, and it wasn't the spaceship!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 05 2016, 18:13

Admin wrote:The jaws were clamped in such a way that prevented the hatches from opening, and the only thing preventing the beast from devouring it was the fact that the engines were at full power and essentially dragging it away... but this tug of war contest would have only one winner as far as Lionheart could see, and it wasn't the spaceship!

Although it was unlikely such a cavernous creature had much of a brain, nonetheless what passed for one would probably be Lionheart's best shot at stopping this one sided tug of war. A competition in which the likely outcome of the passengers would spell certain doom. Lionheart needed answers and with his vastly limited capacities he needed help if he was both to find out where he was and where he might be able to locate his diminutive allie, Wandafar.

Unsure of what powers he had, he always seemed to retain some mental capacity, he hoped this change in power meant that hadn't changed. Gaining suitable ground and taking a moment to gather himself, Lionheart let loose with what he hoped might be something to stop the Leviathan from tearing apart the ship and crew any further.

OOC:"Ok here is hoping my mental prowess isn't gone kaput! I'll mind blast the creature, incidentally is there going to be a new character sheet forthcoming at some point, this whole drop of power thing is one thing, but not knowing what powers I've got is a pain - I wouldn't mind taking time to find out, but right now time is against me.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 05 2016, 18:47

OOC Yup will knock a new character sheet up tomorrow. I had also considered going back to Golden Heroes rules for the lower powered version and frames/round but I'll leave that up to you to decide (whether for old times sake or a nice change or whatever, or stay as we are, I don't mind).

Lionheart unleashed a roar and wave of psychic energy that looked... well to be honest a little limp wristed compared to all the psychi flames and fury he would normally unleash!

Still, he figured it was his best bet, blasting the brain of that leviathan... if indeed he could find one in that gigantic mass of a head!

OOC Mind Blast has now dropped to 8APs and has a CATASTROPHIC burnout. That means if the roll is five or less the power stops working whereas before it was a roll of 3 or less.

Roll(2d10)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 + 8 (15) vs TN11 + Int 1 (12). Success +2 Effect. 8EV +2 (10) vs RV9 of the beast = 1 damage it's on 8/9 Mind. Lionheart thinks he got its attention, but the sheer stupidity of the thing, being so single minded (its an instinct driven beast much in the same way dinosaurs were) meant it was unusually 'tough' mentally. It's inability to avoid his attacks meant that - with luck - he might be able to strike with a critical.. or devastating blow, albeit at a loss of accuracy. that's your call...

The creature roared... and the ship burst loose, crashing through tree tops and spluttering to a slow circle trailing smoke behind it! The 'dragon' turned its attention to Lionheart... that gaping, slavering maw... easily enough to swallow him and half the forest behind him whole! It was fast too, for it's size! And ANGRY!

OOC But Lionheart goes first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 06 2016, 17:32

Admin wrote:The creature roared... and the ship burst loose, crashing through tree tops and spluttering to a slow circle trailing smoke behind it! The 'dragon' turned its attention to Lionheart... that gaping, slavering maw... easily enough to swallow him and half the forest behind him whole! It was fast too, for it's size! And ANGRY!

OOC But Lionheart goes first...

If he had time to think about the fact that the very obvious flaw in his plan had just escaped him, literally Lionheart might have indulged in a fit of pique. But since the ship was now climbing away and the 'dragon beast' was suddenly locked onto Lionheart he had to hope that he had not used up all his fortune on being brave in one go.

He could just turn away and give the creature a run for its money, but with his vastly reduced powers and the fact he had no idea where he was...it suddenly seemed best to at least to give his mind blast one more go. Especially if in sacrificing effort for accuracy, he got lucky and slowed or hampered the creatures ability to follow.

OOC:Ok so lets go for a accuracy shot over effect and let's throw in 10HP to help warm up the dice to that effect. After that I'd best get off and away before I get tramped on or something bigger comes to show an interest.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12 2016, 13:57

OOC You're better off throwing dice into Accuracy and going for a Critical or Devastating Blow as this thing isn't smart (easy to hit) but because it is so dumb it is quite mentally resistant. With that in mind, 13 HP into attack (to buy 2 dice)...

Lionheart HP197

Going for Devastating Attack...

Mind Blast 8 + Roll(4d10)+0: 5,7,8,5,+0 Total: 18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d10)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:35!

vs TN11 + int 1 + Dev Attack 8 (20). +5 Effect (to 13) vs RV9-12 (Devastating attack) = 16 Damage! The beast is well out for the count!

Unleashing the full power of his Mind Blast on the beast, bearing in mind that he was sacrificing accuracy for Raw power, Lionheart watched his psychic 'Lion' burst into life and maul the creatures' head!

It felt almost as if he'd regained his full power... almost. Or he'd gotten lucky.

Regardless, the behemoth roared, thrashed about and collapsed, the great underground bulk sagging and dragging it's head and neck underground into a tunnel which caved in with dirt, soil and uprooted trees!

As the dirt and dust formed a cloud, he looked about...

Then saw the damaged spacecraft hovering around 100 feet away, weapons trained on him! At his best, full speed, he could maybe outrun it and certainly avoid its fire. Now? It hovered for a moment...

Then a grapple line dropped from a hatch in the bottom and a humanoid figure dropped from it.

The NEW Vanguard! Lionheart issue #6 - the mission part 4 Alien_pirate_woman

She shouted something unintelligible to Lionheart, even as she crouched in a fighting style with a large knife at hand! She seemed... tall. Much like the trees, the animals, even the insects, had he been transported to a 'land of giants'? More to the point, with a language barrier and that craft hovering with weapons poised, how was he going to get out of this one?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 12 2016, 15:07

Admin wrote:
She shouted something unintelligible to Lionheart, even as she crouched in a fighting style with a large knife at hand! She seemed... tall. Much like the trees, the animals, even the insects, had he been transported to a 'land of giants'? More to the point, with a language barrier and that craft hovering with weapons poised, how was he going to get out of this one?

Lionheart was tempted to ask why he hadn't learned linguistics, but had he of done that he probably wouldn't have been sent back in time to repair it in the first place. Holding his hands up in what he thought could only be taken as a gesture of peace and certainly no harm. He spoke slowly and haltingly to try and make himself understood.

"H E L L O M Y N A M E I S L I O N H E A R T I C O M E I N P E A C E"

He was weary of the stranger and took note of the way they were dressed, with little to commend itself as an advanced race save the ship they'd just dropped down from. Clearly Lionheart had got their attention, but now what?

OOC:Now we try to advance the terms of first contact and try hard not to stuff it up.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12 2016, 15:20

The woman - assuming that her species had different sexes - seemed to relax a little.

It seemed holding your hands out to show a lack of weapons, shouting slowly and loudly and not taking aggressive action was something they recognised in this universe.

Only question was... now what?

She walked up, still cautious, the spaceship still hovering and covering their every move. When she spoke again Lionheart couldn't tell what the heck she was saying, but was struck by how tall and powerful she looked. Seven foot or more of her!

Barely coming up to her shoulder, the earthling knew that he would need some device to translate, or time to pick up the basics of their language, assuming the human tongue could be formed around the words enough to make them recognisable.

Just then the Alien - well, technically HE was the alien... - pulled from her belt what looked to be a snake... with a head on each end! She bared her fangs and thrust the snake at Lionheart, pointing at his hands/wrists with her knife then at the snake, which aside from flicking its tongue out of each end, looked fairly docile. Well, as much as a luminous green alien snake about four feet long would look docile. It certainly hadn't bothered to try and bit its owner, at any rate!

Just then the Alien looked up. Lionheart heard something as well. An echo of distant engines? Someone else coming this way? The alien woman became insistent, even threatening, as she pointed at the snake in her hands, and held her large knife - a sword to the earthman - in the other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 12 2016, 15:25

Admin wrote:Just then the Alien looked up. Lionheart heard something as well. An echo of distant engines? Someone else coming this way? The alien woman became insistent, even threatening, as she pointed at the snake in her hands, and held her large knife - a sword to the earthman - in the other.

Somehow if this Alien meant to harm Lionheart they'd have just got on with it by now. Their actions suggested something more and as much as he didn't feel comfortable with taking the snake or complying with it. He did as he was bid, if they were going to get out of the frying pan and avoid the fire, something by way of cooperation had to happen.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12 2016, 15:51

He proffered his hands and the snake seemed to lunge at him!

Instead of biting, it stretched and coiled around his body, tightening around his arms, chest, neck and upper legs! Then it bit - swallowed even - it's other head! Lionheart pulled to test his leverage, but only succeeded in partially strangling himself as the creature seemed to use his own strength against him!

The Alien woman scooped him up, slung him over her shoulder and waved to the spacecraft which rumbled forward... Whilst it was somewhat undignified to be treated like a rolled up carpet, Lionheart saw in the distance a half dozen gleaming shapes as they closed in!

Time to go!

The cable immediately began ravelling up as the alien tugged on it, and the trees receded as the ship slowly rose and turned, heading up and away from the forest and towards the sky!

Unfortunately up close Lionheart could see some of the damage inflicted by the dragon thing that had nearly eaten the ship, and some kind of liquid - fuel? - was seeping from cracks in the hull near the engines! If that were to trickl towards where those flaring booster jets were currently gathering up power...

The cable continued to pull the pair up until they were in a hold of sorts, and more Alien blue women were stood with weapons ready in the hold. Were there no men aboard? He counted half a dozen, all incredibly tall and athletic, and semi clad, as if they felt little in the way of heat or cold. One of them said something, and a heated exchange went on between Lionhearts captor and one of the warrior women. She ended it by bearing her teeth and gesticulating at the captive. Two of the warriors stepped forward to scoop Lionheart up and were to drag him away out of the hold whilst the ship gained altitude and sealed up for an escape into space... but how far would it get with leaking fuel?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 12 2016, 16:00

Admin wrote:...but how far would it get with leaking fuel?

Once again Lionheart thought he understood the situation and clearly hadn't. Surrendering himself to be captured wasn't what he had in mind, moreover his friend was still on the planet below, but all that was a moot point if the ship caught light and blew up with all onboard. Somehow Lionheart had to impress upon the others the need to stop before they did end up one pretty explosion.

"L i s t e n t o m e. F u e l i s l e a k i n g. S h i p g o B O O M!"

Lionheart hoped his noises and best attempt at gestures made some added sense to his words. This was getting out of hand and he hated to break out, but going off world was not his first priority until he caught up with Wandafar.

OOC:Wow don't think we've had an exchange like this for ages...just as well with both my characters both in capture situations if they ever link up they could share notes ;-).

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12 2016, 16:27

OOC Heheh yeah, day off (thankfully) from work, kids, xmas stuff, girlfriend etc (she's in Lanzarote soaking up 20 odd degree sun Sad ) so eager to get back at it!

Lionheart did his slow, shouting face contorting and eye rolling gestures since his arms were tied.

One of the warriors stopped, frowned, fished about in her pouch and pulled what appeared to be a sponge of some kind out. She tore off a chunk and shoved it into his mouth! Was she gagging him? It certainly...

Well actually, it seemed more like she was feeding him! The 'sponge' , a form of fungus, tasted delicious, much like a roast beef dinner on a sunday afternoon after a long walk in the country!

Still, whilst he was hungry, they were all about to explode if they didn't do something!

He spat it out and repeated his message. The warrior woman looked at the rejected food, snarled and reached for her knife whilst the two holding Lionheart tensed and made ready to hold him!

Just then a smaller warrior, albeit only in her six and half feet stage of growth so hardly 'small' to Lionheart, stepped forward and spoke up. "B... Oom?" she mouthed, with difficulty. And made a gesture to suggest 'separation' with her hands.

Lionheart nodded frantically. She turned to the others and spoke at speed and length to them. Suddenly they dropped Lionheart and all but the smaller woman left the hanger with great haste!

She knelt down, then glanced at the fungus, picking it up. Pointing at it, then at Lionhearts mouth, she spoke up "Queelllorkazabardkinchingo?" she... uh... asked?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 12 2016, 16:50

Admin wrote:She knelt down, then glanced at the fungus, picking it up. Pointing at it, then at Lionhearts mouth, she spoke up "Queelllorkazabardkinchingo?" she... uh... asked?

Hmm, finally feeling like he'd made some sort of sense, he had to wonder if the sponge like stuff hadn't helped. It sure tasted good. bending down he scooped up the stuff and hoped this acted as the equivilent of what passed for a translation device. In any case he hoped that tasting good meant it also wasn't the last morsel he'd get to taste this side of mortal life.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12 2016, 18:30

Whilst it didn't help with translating anything, it filled a hole in his belly as Lionheart realised hunger might be a problem in his lesser powered state!

He needed some idea about how much power he'd lost. He was slower, nowhere near as strong. What about durability, mental powers? had he lost some powers completely?

The warrior pulled a small flash from her belt and tipped it to her lips, quietly muttering as she did so...

Bluerrrrgh! That was the most disgusting thing he'd ever...

"...Leeeto and the others never listen to me. If this Alien is telling us what I think it is, then our ship might be as damaged as I sugg...fgjkjhkhkuyjgfscmn,krumhjmjbads mn"

The liquid left a foul, acrid taste in his mouth, but had done something! he could actually understand her, if only for a moment! Mind you, he felt somewhat sick after it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Dec 13 2016, 07:47

Admin wrote:"...Leeeto and the others never listen to me. If this Alien is telling us what I think it is, then our ship might be as damaged as I sugg...fgjkjhkhkuyjgfscmn,krumhjmjbads mn"

The liquid left a foul, acrid taste in his mouth, but had done something! he could actually understand her, if only for a moment! Mind you, he felt somewhat sick after it!

"Wow you've officially discovered something that tastes like the worst medicine ever, but actually helped me understand you momentarily. However I am not keen on the after effects...in any case yes, you've got a fuel leak, its likely to ignite if it drips near the engine exhaust and boom is the result."

Lionheart took a moment to think about this, although the ship, was clever and sophisticated enough to be able to make space flight, perhaps interstellar flight, the women piloting it, wore little in the way of space suits, technology or anything resembling an ability to understand space flight. This was an intriguing situation, one that Wandafar might have greater insight on, but he also wondered what the other craft might have been and whom they were seeking to flee from. All this complicated his simple desire to be reunited with his companion and find out what was going on here.

However Lionheart wasn't about to put it past the way things happen that his friend might well have been captured by the other craft and that they chanced by here was more to do with looking for him, than these exotic alien women. Still it was all a moot point till they made sure they could survive take off.

Lionheart wondered what, if anything he could do? Momentarily, whilst he had nothing better to do, he ran though what other powers that seemed to still be available to him. Remembering back to a time when he was without the benefit of Saladin's presence or powers to aid him. Then as he ran through the mental checks and saw what was going on, a cold fear began to draw on him. Saladin...had the reduction in his powers come through some sort of separation of the two? It was the case that in their coming together as one, that he gained his extraordinary abilities, could the process of shrinking somehow split them? And if so, where was Saladin? Lionheart shuddered at the thought of his arch enemy being loose in a world where no one knew him and what he could make of it. The imperative to get some conclusive answers had now taken a far more urgent turn...it was time to lend a hand on bail out.

OOC: So not sure what powers are available to me and indeed what I can do to be of help, but its about time I did something or I'll be a guest appearance in my own adventures. 'With special appearance Lionheart, as the helpless captive!' And soon since things got a whole lot worse.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15 2016, 18:35

Lionheart considered his situation as the Alien woman spoke in her own language into a comm panel on the wall.

He was still fast, strong, tough, but nowhere near as much as he'd been. His mental powers were diminished, he knew. He was, he figured, somewhere between the time when... he frowned. Memories of his past exploits were somewhat hazy. When he was in the PSI Corps... he could lift several tons, was faster than a sports car, reactions, training, skill... He knew that biting off more than he could chew might be a problem but he'd zapped that Dragon back there and saved this ship. These people owed him. Now he'd alerted them to another problem.

The woman turned, looking down at him. She thrust the flask at him again. Ugh. in her hand it was small, in his, nearly too big for one hand! She wanted to speak to him again. He considered the liquid. It undoubtedly created some kind of link between himself and these aliens that allowed them to understand each other, but was disgusting and maybe even poisonous! he knew Wandafar would consider it a challenge to replicate the effects without the taste, and so he needed to find his friend.

As for Saladin? There were on speaking terms, and almost cooperative. But now? If he WAS separated, then he would not want to willingly be submerged back into Lionheart! What had he stumbled into?

She turned again, pointing at the flask.

Just then the ship rocked and a huge BANG! rang out! The Warrior woman looked about fearfully, no doubt fearing another dragon attack. No, this was something else, Lionheart figured.

He moved over to a portal to see the distant jungle below and a flash - much closer - of another ship as it chased them! It was similar or identical to this one... and Lionheart turned to the Warrior woman. Had these people - natives? - stolen this vessel? If so their knowledge on how to control it would be limited. Lionheart himself might be better taking charge... he glanced down at the snake that was entwined around him. He was still a captive... Did he drink the juice she offered from the flask, try to break free or simply wait it out to see what happened?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next